[PbP Gameday VI] Feral's Jade Regent: #6 The Empty Throne - Sanctioned Seeker Adventure (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Map

[dice=Chun]1d20+8;1d20+8;1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Grota]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Kaz]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Lenny]1d20+15[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Viscount Abel]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=]1d20[/dice]


551 to 600 of 766 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

I'm going to assume the Viscount continues delaying.

Valrar finishes the construct that is attempting to grind him into paste. Like the first, it promptly explodes.

Death Throes vs Kaz, Chun, Valrar, and Grota (reflex for half): 12d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 4, 4, 4, 3, 5) = 43

The golem that summoned the newer wall of gears ceases its concentration and steps forward to engage the melee.

Vs Kaz: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29
Damage: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (6, 6) + 8 = 20
Grab: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (12) + 29 = 41
Constrict: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (10, 1) + 12 = 23

Vs Kaz: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32
Damage: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (7, 7) + 8 = 22
Grab: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (14) + 29 = 43
Constrict: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (3, 5) + 12 = 20

The party is up.

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

reflex: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Chun Hei avoids the worst of the explosion.

Chun Hei then channels to heal the party before moving around the pillar.

Mass CLW: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP -15/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:
2 Strength Damage

Reflex, Fervor, Haste (Evasion): 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 20 + 2 + 1 = 26

Even at point-blank range and in the golem's solid grip, Valrar dodges the blast with a well-timed backflip. Exulting in the healing energy, he darts forward again with a quick single strike.

Acrobatics, ACP: 1d20 + 22 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 22 - 2 = 25

Attack, Advice, Fervor, Prescience, Haste vs. Orange: 1d20 + 26 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 26 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 53
Confirmation: 1d20 + 30 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 30 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 51
Damage, Precision, Advice, Prescience: 1d4 + 13 + 13 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 13 + 3 + 2 = 35
Extra Damage: 1d4 + 1d8 + 13 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + (7) + 13 + 3 + 2 = 29 + stagger

Parries:
Parry 1, Advice, Fervor, Prescience, Haste, size: 1d20 + 30 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 30 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 41
Riposte: 1d20 + 30 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 30 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 41
Damage: 1d4 + 17 + 13 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 13 + 3 + 2 = 37

Parry 2: 1d20 + 30 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 30 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 36


I should have revealed the middle portion of the map earlier.

Valrar strikes a telling blow on the next golem.

Moving to the end of the hallway, Chun gets a clear view of an immense chamber supported by massive wooden pillars. Four statues stand in the corners of the room, reaching nearly as high as the ceiling, each depicting a different creature — a brightly scaled carp, a sly fox, a leaping hare, and a coiled imperial dragon. Small flights of steps provide access to corridors to the south and east, while three alcoves extend into the west wall.

The rest of the party is up.

Sovereign Court

Male Cavalier 16 HP: 39/164 AC (41)39 T 15 FF 38 | F (+21)+19 R (+14)+12 W (+13)+11 | Perception:(+4)+2 Sense Motive (+21)+19 (Effects:Barkskin +5, Heroism)

Kaz: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 29
Cookie: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 29
Taking +2 AT/AC from blessing of Fervor.

Cookie takes a step forward and Kaz starts stabbing.

Advice, Pre-Science, Blessing, Haste, Power Attack: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (3) + 30 = 33
1d6 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31
Advice, Pre-Science, Blessing, Haste, Power Attack: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (8) + 30 = 38
1d6 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26
Advice, Pre-Science, Blessing, Haste, Power Attack: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (5) + 25 = 30
1d6 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27
Advice, Pre-Science, Blessing, Haste, Power Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26
1d6 + 25 ⇒ (5) + 25 = 30
Advice, Pre-Science, Blessing, Haste, Power Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
1d6 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27

Bodyguard: 5d20 ⇒ (3, 17, 20, 14, 13) = 67

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

Reflex: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

Taking Move Speed from Fervor.

Swift Action
Grota enters Mantis Style while his song is still lingering in the air.

Move Action
He moves up to the golem in the back. Provokes from both golems.

Standard Action
He tries to trip the golem. Targeting Red
Trip Attempt (Advice, Haste): 1d20 + 24 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 24 + 3 + 1 = 47

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

Current Party Buffs: (Only listing the ones the whole party has)

  • Advice +3 (like Inspire Courage)
  • Barkskin +5
  • Blessing of Fervor
  • Haste
  • Aura of Prescience +2 Insight rolls to ability checks, attack, damage, saves, and skills to allies within 30 feet of Lenny

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

If there is a golem left standing Lenny will Touch of the Void it.

-7 to AC and Saving Throws.

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

The Viscount continues to cheer on the team and sees that his scaly paladn friend needs to close the gap, so he lifts him up and slams him at the golem.

Viscount Telekinetic Charges Chun Hei at the Golem, entitling him to an attack, but opening him up to an AoO

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei goes flying into combat and takes the attack.

slashy time: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (15) + 30 = 45
damage: 1d10 + 32 ⇒ (5) + 32 = 37

crit confirm?: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (6) + 30 = 36
extra crit damage: 1d10 + 32 ⇒ (9) + 32 = 41


Kaz and Chun finish off another golem.

Death Throes vs Kaz, Chun, and Valrar (reflex for half): 12d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 6, 4, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 1, 4) = 37

The party makes short work of the last one a moment later.

Death Throes vs Kaz, Chun, and Valrar (reflex for half): 12d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3, 5, 4, 5, 1, 3, 5, 6, 6, 1) = 49

Encounter over.

Once folks are healed up we're going to do some guided exploration. This place is 60+ rooms.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP -15/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:
2 Strength Damage

Nat 1?: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 35
Nat 1?: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28

Valrar dodges the two exploding golems with practiced ease, but his wounds from being grabbed remain. He pulls a simple wand from his pack. "These used to be life-savers in the early days. Now you might go through one every day if you aren't careful...can someone use this on me?"

CLW Wand Rolls:
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

Reflex: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38
Reflex: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

Grota manages to avoid taking any damage from the golems. Nothing to heal up for him, and ready to move on.

Sovereign Court

Male Cavalier 16 HP: 39/164 AC (41)39 T 15 FF 38 | F (+21)+19 R (+14)+12 W (+13)+11 | Perception:(+4)+2 Sense Motive (+21)+19 (Effects:Barkskin +5, Heroism)

Kaz: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Cookie: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Kaz: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Cookie: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Kaz is down 66 if someone could heal me.

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

reflex: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Chun Hei once again dodges the worst of the blasts.

Chun Hei starts with a pair of cure mass lights
healing: 2d8 + 28 ⇒ (5, 2) + 28 = 35

and follows up with a cure light for herself.

healinlg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Chun Hei will also use people's wands to fill them up.

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

The Viscount is pleased that he avoided the worst of the scrape and is ready to go on the grand tour of his new palace.


After exploring a pair of galleries lined with tapestries long rotted to tatters, the party finds their way to large ballroom room.

An elevated wooden stage fills the center of this impromptu training room, approximately two feet off the floor. Several exotic weapon displays line the partitioned walls around the stage, and the musty smell of sweat hangs heavy in the air.

A top the platform, a powerfully built bare-chested man leads six other similarly dressed rough-looking but disciplined warriors in a training drill. Apparently the earlier alarm and the battle with the constructs a few rooms over wasn't enough to stir them from their drills as none are armed or armored.

"I knew this deal with the Aspis would bring us nothing but ruin", the instructor says in frustration as the party enters. "Who are you and what's your business in the imperial ruins?" he demands.

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

The Viscount stands on his carpet and sneers at the instructor. We're the new rulership of this place - Kaz, present them wit hthe proof that we have the blessings of the elders.

We have completed the trials, and are here to claim what is now rightfully ours. Do you plan to get in the way?


Viscount, roll a social check of some kind.

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26


"Hrmph. If that's the case you won't mind a test. Your warriors spar with my men. If yours prove stronger we'll leave without a drop of blood spilled."

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

The Viscount puffs his chest proudly and points his Paladin at the warriors I think my Warriors are probably up to that, what do you say boys!

Sovereign Court

Male Cavalier 16 HP: 39/164 AC (41)39 T 15 FF 38 | F (+21)+19 R (+14)+12 W (+13)+11 | Perception:(+4)+2 Sense Motive (+21)+19 (Effects:Barkskin +5, Heroism)

"Let's do this bros." So non-lethal I'm guessing?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP -15/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:
2 Strength Damage

"Sure, sure," Valrar says as he readies his blade. "Might leave some scarring, you'll look a lot less pretty for a bit, but no blood."

Not sure whether I should refrain from using Destroy Identity if we're restricted to nonlethal, it doesn't kill but it can hamper or render a guy comatose for a little while without the right healing. Your call, GM?

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

Yes yes, we won't kill them. We need soldiers when we're suddenly ruling an empire! the Viscount exclaims.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

"What are the rules of this sparring match?"

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

"Huh. Guess I'll just stand over here. Unless... Can I summon my champion? After all as a user of mystical arts you can't expect me to spar in your manner and you lack the abilities to spar my way."


"My men are unarmored and without weapons but I leave it up to you to name the terms. They are prepared to rise to the occasion."

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei stretches her shoulders and looks to her companions for the plan.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

"So monks then. Got it. Who wants to fight him in honorable combat?"

Lenny looks bored at it all. He will keep an eye out for treachery.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP -15/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:
2 Strength Damage

"Sure. Let's go," Valrar says impatiently. "I'm using a weapon, though, I'll still pull my shots."


With weapons this will be a squash. I'm going to hand-wave the fight.

The party makes short work of the Five Storms warriors. The drill instructor is visibly displeased but honors his word.

"It's clear my men have a lot to learn. Pack it up boys! We're not being paid enough to deal with opponents like this. The Aspis are on their own to hold the ruins."

A handful of minutes later, the guards have abandoned their post leaving the party to explore further.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

"Thank you for the match."

Grota looks at the party. "Looks like our quest continues. Let's proceed."


Exploring further the party passes through several more ruined halls before coming across a sealed chamber labeled 'Imperial Vault' in delicate Tian script. Curiously, it appears the Aspis and the Five Storms haven't forced their way inside yet.

Alternatively, you can skip it and keep exploring.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP -15/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:
2 Strength Damage

"This looks important. I'm not strong enough to open it, but someone else could or, depending on how fortified it is, adamantine cuts through most things like butter."

What material does it look to be made of? The latter plan may be foiled if it has magical protections, though.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

"We are not here to steal. But I am curious."

Lenny uses his wand of Heightened Awareness. He then casts Detect Magic and searches the vault door for traps.

perception: 1d20 + 33 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 33 + 2 = 53


Lenny detects no signs of traps, magical or otherwise.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

"No traps. We may as well take a peek."

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei nods "I do wonder why the Aspis left these alone though." before producing trusty buddy from her bag, an adamantine crowbar.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

Grota nods and takes a look with the rest of the party.


With trusty buddy and a moment's effort, Chun pries the sealed doors open.

Several columns support the ceiling of this half-sunken chamber. Pairs of stone sentinels stand in alcoves lining the north and south walls, watching over the treasure heaped across the floor.

A booming voice calls out when Chun takes her first step inside.

"You are not welcome here. Turn away or you will be destroyed."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP -15/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:
2 Strength Damage

"Why don't we leave this room for last...if we go in at all," Valrar cuts in, stepping back as quickly as he planned to come in.

Not sure about this one, perhaps a scan for magic or people is warranted? Beyond that I'm good with whatever everyone sees fit.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

Do we see a throne?


Nope. There's lots of gilded furniture but no jade thrones.

Sovereign Court

Male Cavalier 16 HP: 39/164 AC (41)39 T 15 FF 38 | F (+21)+19 R (+14)+12 W (+13)+11 | Perception:(+4)+2 Sense Motive (+21)+19 (Effects:Barkskin +5, Heroism)

Let's move on then.

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei bows very slightly and steps back out.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

"Sorry, wrong way." Grota heads out.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

*shrug*

"Maybe later. Let's move on."


Abandoning the vault for now, the party's exploration brings them to a large pair of winding stairs.

The party ascends to find a contingent of guards and ogres waiting for them!

Chun: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Grota: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Kaz: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Lenny: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Valrar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Viscount Abel: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Guards: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Ogres: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Commander: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Lenny is up.

Don't bother with knowledge checks. There's nothing to learn here.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

"Seems like everyone in this place wants us dead."

Lenny takes the initiative in both senses of the word.

He flies over and sends out a 60 foot line of acid hitting both ogres and the top row of guards.

orange stone: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

acid dmg: 15d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 1, 2, 4, 6, 2, 3) = 45 DC 26 ref save for half

551 to 600 of 766 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VI] Feral's Jade Regent: #6 The Empty Throne - Sanctioned Seeker Adventure All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.