[PbP Gameday VI] Feral's Jade Regent: #6 The Empty Throne - Sanctioned Seeker Adventure (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Map

[dice=Chun]1d20+8;1d20+8;1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Grota]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Kaz]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Lenny]1d20+15[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Viscount Abel]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=]1d20[/dice]


1 to 50 of 766 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Check in here. Please add or link your character sheet in your profile as well as your item tracking sheet (in whatever form you have it).

Intro blurb to come.

Sovereign Court

Male Cavalier 16 HP: 39/164 AC (41)39 T 15 FF 38 | F (+21)+19 R (+14)+12 W (+13)+11 | Perception:(+4)+2 Sense Motive (+21)+19 (Effects:Barkskin +5, Heroism)

Fist Bump

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei reporting for duty.

Had custom art commissioned from Liz Courts for this character oh so long ago now.

ITS

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

My character sheet is a form fillable pdf which should be veiwable here.

My item tracking sheet is an ugly mess but I can probably find a scanner somewhere.

I haven't filled out my last chronicle other then selling back items as they get nerfed. I sold back my Gloves of Reconnaissance and Staff of the Master. Has the pale prism ioun stone been officially nerfed yet?

I also need an idea of what to do with the gold I get back for the staff.
I have it narrowed down to
An Orange normal prism ioun stone for +1 caster level and an extra 1d4 -2. That would help my buff spells last longer and give me a 50/50 shot of getting greater magic weapon up to a +4 bonus.
Or a normal persistent metamagic rod so I can persist Acidic Spray or Chains of Light.

Lenny is a void Wizard. His low level spells are mostly buffs. His mid level spells are a mix of utility and persistent glitterdust/Aqueous Orb. And his high level spells are teleporting or summoning augmented monsters as a standard action.
And of course he has the Void school abilities which are nearly as hood as spells.


@Chun, did you have a suite of standard uses for misfortune where I should assume it's being applied?

@Valrar, posting your parry/riposte rolls ahead of time sounds good to me.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP 135/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 8/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:

Yeah, that makes sense in PbP. During my actions in a given round, if I want to parry an attack before my next turn, I'll put those rolls in a spoiler.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

I will choose this guy. Will see if he needs update tomorrow (like 18 hours from now).

He is a pure buff/debuff monk. He does no damage.

Will have to explain his shenanigans too before I am comfortable with playing him though to make sure the GM agrees with how things work. Will explain it when I'm not typing on my phone. I have other characters in range just in case.

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Any enemy rolling a 20 on their attack roll will generally get misfortuned if possible. Other PCs are more than welcome to trigger misfortune on themselves when desired.

Chun Hei also has a reasonable suite of swift actions so optimization of misfortune isn't a big deal.

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

Checking in - have a lot of work to do to make this guy PbP ready


That's fine Eddv. We probably won't get into the crunchy bits until Monday or Tuesday but I'd like to get things underway at least.

Intro post to come!

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15

"Thank you for agreeing to meet me on this, I know many of you are busy managing your own agents out in the field", Venture-Captain Gallard Stormeye, an enormous powerfully built Ulfen man with a wild look in his eyes and clad in worn red dragon-plate armor explains. "I wouldn't be asking you here if there was any other way. You six are some of the best and brightest the Decemvirate will give me access to."

The rugged Venture-Captain pauses to hand out tall mugs of sweet honey mead, a rare element of comfort in his spartan Grand Lodge office.

"But Venture-Captain Li has been trying to get assistance from the Society for months now and I'll be damned if her request for aid goes unanswered any longer. And - No - it's not just because we're in bed together", he adds with a hint of annoyance in his gravelly voice. "The Lantern Lodge needs our aid and I mean to provide it despite whatever political fallout the Ten are so f##$ing worried about."

After handing off the last mug, Venture-Captain Stormeye takes a seat at his desk again and slides a thin folio across to the assembled party.

"That's everything I've been able to gather about the Jade Throne - a powerful artifact tied to the Emperors of Minkai. In addition to the trove of history attached to it, Amara Li believes it's the key to crowning the next true emperor and returning stability to the region. I don't know if I believe all of that but Amara does and that's good enough for me. I want the six of you to infiltrate the ruins it's believed to be in and secure it for the Lantern Lodge."

Sovereign Court

Male Cavalier 16 HP: 39/164 AC (41)39 T 15 FF 38 | F (+21)+19 R (+14)+12 W (+13)+11 | Perception:(+4)+2 Sense Motive (+21)+19 (Effects:Barkskin +5, Heroism)

"Nice Venture bro." Kaz replies raising his hand for a high five from the Venture Captain. When it is not returned, he lowers it a bit dejected but listens anyway. "Say no more bro. What kind of artifact?" Kaz is a very tanned half elf in nothing more than an open shirt and trousers. His dark hair is styled in what he calls a blow out. He has a very finely made rapier strapped to his hip.

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei nods and bows politely.

It has been a long time since I have been home. she thinks to herself.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

Lenny ignores the comment about agents in the field. He is content with his choices.

"As always I respond when needed."

"A little magic boost to get the brain working even better."

Lenny casts Investigative Mind and begins looking through the folio.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP 135/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 8/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:

"Are you kidding?" What appears to be a nondescript wayang in an explorer's outfit looks rather surprised at Stormeye's thanks. "I'd give anything to unchain myself from my desk. It'll be just what I needed to get back in the field. So, we're looking for an artifact in some ruins. Classic, I like it. When you say infiltrate, though, that makes it sound like there're other things around, traps, sentries, old guardians. Is this legal? Can't say it'll change my mind either way, but it helps to know."

"But I'm being rude," the wayang suddenly says to those assembled. "VC Valrar Altimari, at your service. And this isn't what I really look like-" for a few seconds, Valrar's image twists into that of a short, handsome, dark-haired human before changing back, "-but the wayang form has its advantages. Seeing in the dark, plus their naturally small stature helps with my unique style of fighting. And you never know when you'll have to fight. People have tried to kill me in Lodges more times than I can count."

A small conglomeration of gas and strange crystals floats up behind him. Upon seeing it, his mood seems to sour slightly. "That's the Ambassador," he explains after taking a long draught of honey mead. "At least that's what it calls itself, refuses an easy name. It started following me around last year, kept annoying me about 'cessation of erratic activity potentially jeopardizing the inherent balance of the Multiverse' or some such twaddle. It's like a parole officer. Won't leave me alone, but it helps when I need it, and it's a damn genius, seems to know everything under the sun and more."

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

"Where are my manners? I am Lenny. I will do my utmost to assist in these endeavors. And when we are done, I will return to my post. No memories of me are to be shared nor words written. It is safer that way."

Lenny is curious about the Ambassador. kn planes: 1d20 + 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (6) + (1) + 28 = 35 Take the 6 for a 34.


"The Jade Throne is... a throne", Gallard explains after considering the eccentric taldan's question. "Carved from pure jade and blessed by the pantheon of gods the people of Minkai hold above all others. It's more than just a fancy place to put your ass. If the legends are true, it possesses a suite of magical properties that can only be fully accessed by the emperor."

"But all of that means s#$* if we can't secure the site it's housed in", the big man explains with a dismissive wave of his hand. "And it sounds like we're running out of time."

Within the folio Lenny finds a collection of loose pages and transcriptions from larger works detailing legends of and around the Jade Throne and the imperial bloodlines tied to it. Through the lens of his spell, his trained mind quickly parses the information into a clear narrative.

The Jade Throne, believed to have been created by the goddess Shizuru’s lover (the moon god Tsukiyo), is both a symbol of the Emperor of Minkai’s divine right to rule and the guardian of that right. The collected works list an impressive list of divine powers linked to the throne, from influencing the tides and shaping the terrain to containing malevolent spirits. Most important to Amara Li's interests, according to Venture-Captain Stormeye, is the power to confirm the next emperor if they have a true tie to the imperial bloodline.

The last confirmed emperor was Higashiyama Shigure. Many believe him dead while others claim he's merely in hiding, waiting out assassins that would claim his life. He vanished more than a decade ago and without him his empire is rapidly syncing into destructive anarchy.

The Jade Throne is kept in the ruins of the first imperial palace - a sacred site that is believed to be under the direct protection of Shizuru and inaccessible to those that have never been there.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

Grota is a half-orc who seems more hardy than he is bulky. He wears a modest shirt and carries copious amounts of magical items as most Pathfinders of this caliber do. He is riddled with tattoos that represent the various schools of magic.

He speaks in a soft voice. "I am Grota." He gives a quick bow. "A calm stance and an even mind is the way to enlightenment. I shall support you with ancient practices, sound advice, and carefully placed strikes to befuddle the enemy."

"An artifact tied to the emperors of old? Sounds exciting. And it's a nice break from the Ustalavic, Irrisen, and Varisian adventures that have dominated my Pathfinder career."

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

Lenny begins explaining what he has learned in the most basic of terms as if speaking to a small child then quickly stops. "Apologies, Force of habit." He then quickly and concisely explains it all including what he himself knows.

kn history: 1d20 + 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (2) + (11) + 28 = 41 39
kn religion: 1d20 + 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (17) + (9) + 28 = 54 45
kn arcane: 1d20 + 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (18) + (16) + 28 = 62 46

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

In response to Lenny's overbearing approach to explaining things, he responds "Sometimes a thorough approach is exactly what is needed to ensure everyone understands. I sometimes teach as well."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15
Valrar Altimari II wrote:
"Are you kidding?" What appears to be a nondescript wayang in an explorer's outfit looks rather surprised at Stormeye's thanks. "I'd give anything to unchain myself from my desk. It'll be just what I needed to get back in the field. So, we're looking for an artifact in some ruins. Classic, I like it. When you say infiltrate, though, that makes it sound like there're other things around, traps, sentries, old guardians. Is this legal? Can't say it'll change my mind either way, but it helps to know."

"It's not illegal", Gallard clarifies evasively.

"But the factions that have rose to power and prominence in the Emperor's absence have been actively, and sometimes violently, discouraging efforts to seek him out. If they catch wind that the Society is looking into the Throne, which could lead to crowning a new emperor, this will be a seen as a threat to their power which will lead to them making our operations in Minkai more expensive and more dangerous. In the Ten's eyes, that's not a risk worth taking, which is why I've put this team together - off the record."

@Lenny: There's not a ton of other specific information worth mentioning in the folio but if something comes up later you'll be the first to know.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP 135/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 8/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:

Lenny:
The Ambassador is a paracletus aeon, basically just an aeon flunky who, like the rest, communicates via telepathic images. They tend to follow about intellectually or emotionally strong people and study their reactions. I liked the idea of making it less of a subservient familiar (though it still obeys my orders) and more of a detached researcher who also helps its test subject.

"Good enough for me," Valrar replies, not seeming very troubled by any of this. "Sounds like we're freelancers if questioned. You want us to get to the throne, and we're on a bit of a clock. If we can get that done in good time, though, looking for the last emperor as well. Seems as if he'd be the one to know who comes next."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Bearbarian 15

Lenny:
Upon further reading, Lenny catches mention of a 'Shrine of Heavenly Sovereigns', another sacred site where the remains of fallen emperors are interred and their spirits pass on to Pharasma's realm for judgement. The documents suggest that the unworthy can petition the spirits of past emperors here for permission to enter the protected palace ruins. Piecing together the bits of assorted lore gathered by Venture-Captain Stormeye, Lenny concludes the shrine is on a rocky island on the Higashita coast.

"Focus on getting into the ruins and securing the throne for now. Two weeks ago, Amara's intelligence reported that the Aspis caught wind of the site and have forged an alliance with a powerful band of demon-blooded brigands in the region known as the Five Storms. Through the Storms, the Aspis have already successfully entered the ruins. We thought to try capturing one of the Aspis or higher ranking Five Storms but they haven't exited the ruins since entering - they're probably trying to figure out a way to hack the throne to pieces for easier sale. None of the other Aspis in the region or the Five Storms we've questioned know anything about how to get past the divine wards on the ruins."

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

"Hmm. The Shrine of Heavenly Sovereigns may be of assistance. The spirits of former emperors may be petitioned for access to the palace ruins. It is located on a rocky island on the Higashita coast."

Lenny hands the folio around for others to take a look.

To Gallard: "Is there a place nearby with healers you trust should we need to teleport in an emergency?"


Gallard considers the question.

"I shouldn't have seekers teleporting in and out to meet me in my office here. The Ten's bound to find out what we're up to but there's no sense in making things easy for the eyes and ears here. I have a friend, another seeker, with a safe house in Riddleport that should work for your needs. It's not as well stocked as the Grand Lodge of course but it'll be a safe place to lay low and reach out for additional aid if you need it."

The big man scribbles an address on a scrap of paper and offers it to Lenny.

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

A morbidly obese man bearded man relaxing on a flying carpet joins the group. He has a collection of jewelry and rods and of course food with him at all times. He does not offer to share.

Greetings Citizens, I am Viscount Abel Mercer, the Master of Hogshire manner and the well-known Aspis Slayer. Turned their senior leadership to dust I did. It is no surprise you called me to take on a mission of such regal caliber. And if there are snakes to kill well....my name is no accident.

Sovereign Court

Male Cavalier 16 HP: 39/164 AC (41)39 T 15 FF 38 | F (+21)+19 R (+14)+12 W (+13)+11 | Perception:(+4)+2 Sense Motive (+21)+19 (Effects:Barkskin +5, Heroism)

"How far is it Venture-bro? We won't have to take a boat, right?" Kaz suddenly gets uncomfortable. "And do we leave now?"


I think we're going to hold off until tomorrow to get things going in earnest. I'm waiting for Abel to finish getting his character sheet in order.

"Well the Higashita coast is weeks away by ship. I'd hoped the magically inclined among you would have the means to take you by teleport. If not, I can arrange for magical transport but there will be costs. Keeping mouths shut around here isn't cheap."

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun hei listens intently before promising to complete the mission.

"We will succeed." Chun Hei states simply.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

Lenny takes the scrap of paper.

"I will handle transportation. But first let's see a man about a safe place to return. If anyone wants to buy anything before we beseech the spirits for aid now is the time. They may wish us to prove ourselves in combat or ask us to amuse them somehow. I imagine being a spirit for centuries gets dull."

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

"I am ready to proceed. I will leave the long range teleportation to you."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP 135/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 8/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:

"Sounds like a plan," Valrar grins, back in his human form now that he's convinced no one is trying to kill him. "I'm going to grab some last-minute supplies. All of us putting our heads and weapons together, this'll be a pushover!"

Sovereign Court

Male Cavalier 16 HP: 39/164 AC (41)39 T 15 FF 38 | F (+21)+19 R (+14)+12 W (+13)+11 | Perception:(+4)+2 Sense Motive (+21)+19 (Effects:Barkskin +5, Heroism)

"Yea bro. I got some things to shop for too." Getting 2 potions of fly.


Feel free to do whatever shopping you need.

Is the plan to visit the address in Riddleport you were given first?

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

While the others shop, Lenny does some research on the Shrine of Heavenly Sovereigns, the Higashita coast, and the first imperial palace.
With particular attention to terrain or other clues to aid Teleporting.

"We will meet up at this address in say 2 hours. That should give everyone plenty of time to shop while I find out what I can."

gather info kn local: 2d20 + 15 ⇒ (11, 17) + 15 = 43 32

Unless someone objects I figure we will meet up at the address we were given. All we really need is a place to teleport back to that won't draw attention. So it shouldn't be too hard to convince them to help.

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei is all set for gear and will check out the address.


Meeting up in two hours at that address is going to be rough. You guys are presently in Abasalom. The address is for a safe house in Riddleport.

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Bah, that would have required reading to figure out. Chun Hei will spend her time having a nice meal and having her scales shined.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

Before everyone heads off to shop Lenny glances at the scrap to of paper to give the address and sighs.

"Never mind about the safe house. Meet me back at the lodge when you are done shopping."

Lenny will just find an empty room at the lodge and memorize it after he does his research.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Monk (Ki Mystic, Qinggong, Sensei) 14 | HP 11/143 | AC 40^* | T 31 (35 incorporeal)* | FF 39^* | CMD 45 (49 vs. trip/disarm, 59 vs. grapple) | F +23 | R +17 (evasion) | W +27 | +1 vs. spell/SLA not universal school | Init +5 | Perc +27 (+29 for traps, darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +18 | Advice 17/24 | Stunning Fist 17/22 | Ki Pool 16/22 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Barkskin+5(^), Mage Armor(*)

Grota hands Lenny a Wand of Mage Armor. "Would you mind casting this on me occasionally? I will be very gracious." If you'd rather cast it, I'm cool with that too, but I have a wand.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

Lenny examines the wand. "Inefficient."

And casts orange stone: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 34 hours worth of extended Mage Armor on you. Then he hands back the wand.

Once everyone checks in there will be a few spells cast.

Sovereign Court

Male Cavalier 16 HP: 39/164 AC (41)39 T 15 FF 38 | F (+21)+19 R (+14)+12 W (+13)+11 | Perception:(+4)+2 Sense Motive (+21)+19 (Effects:Barkskin +5, Heroism)

Kaz will be possibly the last or close to it when it comes to meeting back up a little disheveled looking, though his hair is still pristine. "Sorry bros, ladies love seekers. Let's do this."


Lenny "The Toymaker" Bruce wrote:

While the others shop, Lenny does some research on the Shrine of Heavenly Sovereigns, the Higashita coast, and the first imperial palace.

With particular attention to terrain or other clues to aid Teleporting.

Lenny's research doesn't turn up a definitive location for the Shrine of Heaven Sovereigns in the few hours he has but he does find a detailed map of the Higashita coast. He spots a sizable island which appears to match the descriptions in the information provided by Venture-Captain Stormeye. With the map and a detailed tapestry of the coastline, he believes he has enough information to try a teleport once the party is assembled.

Anyone else need to do shopping? I believe we're waiting for Abel to get his character sheet in order.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Swashbuckler 13 | HP 135/135 | AC 39/25/25 | F +13, R +20, W +11 | CMD 35 | Init +12 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 8/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/5 | Imp. Iron Will 1/1 |
Active Conditions:

Valrar is quick to finish his shopping, needing only a few new things. The Venture-Captain has been so ready to escape his desk he already has what for him are adventuring necessities. He nods in agreement with Kaz and shifts into wayang form, unsure of what situation they will be jumping into. I think this guy and I are going to be good friends....

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

Yeah sorry I will need to do some shopping too once I get things in order - I am hoping to get my sheet done tomorrow night I apologize for holding us up

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

Ok Sheet is uploaded and I sent in my trackign sheet.

Mercer decides to use his newfound wealth from his conquest of the Aspis consortium to purchase a shiny new darkwood Wayfinder and proudly slots a Scarlet and Blue stone into one of its slots.

" Yes lead the way you bevy of Venture-Critters. I shall lay here and enjoy the casual victory that is personalized permanent air travel" the portly man says laying back on his Carpet.

He casually flies out to Riddleport as he eats a personalized stash of goodies, candies from Nidal - a dangerous experience in every bite!

Grand Lodge

NG Male Tien Void Wizard 14 | AC 12 (24) | T 12 (15) | FF 10 (21) | HP: 27/128 | CMD 17 | Fort +17* | Ref +14* | Will +19* | Init +15 | Perception +31 | Reveal Weakness 8/12 | Aura of Prescience 12/14

When we are ready to go Lenny will cast the following spells.

Using lesser extend rod:
Defending Bone personal orange stone: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 30 hours
Extended GMW orange stone: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 CL 15 on Chun Hei's nodachi. 30 hours +3 bonus.
Darkvision on himself orange stone: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 32 hours

And
Greater False Life personal orange stone: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 for thp: 2d10 + 15 ⇒ (4, 10) + 15 = 29 15 hours

And lastly Getaway on everyone after studying the room carefully.
orange stone: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 16 hours.

"Try to stay close to me at all times. I can return us here quickly should things go wrong but the range is limited to about 30 feet. If you are further away then that then I'll have a hard choice to make."

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei will give herself a Magic Vestment (14h) as well as magic circle against evil (140m) and an air walk (140m) prior to teleporting.


After a few hours the party regroups, prepared for the first phase of the task before them.

1d100 ⇒ 36

With a *whoosh* the team is whisked away by the Toymaker's spell and deposited at one end of a small, roughly tombstone-shaped, island. Quiet groves and gardens dot the perimeter of the island densely, so much so that the fragrance from the plentiful flowers almost completely blocks out the salty sea air. A small well surrounded by several shrines and short ornate stone structures are visible on the far end of the island.

There's a few buildings near where you guys are now or you can move further down the island towards the well.

Grand Lodge

Taldane Human Sorceror 15 (Arcane) HP 26/121 | AC 22 CMD 18| F: +11 R: +10 W: +15| MM: 1/5 | Perception: +24 Init: +12

Mercer is mostly disinterested in bits and bobs that arent pure and magical and lets others decide whether they want to go towards the nearby shrines.

1 to 50 of 766 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VI] Feral's Jade Regent: #6 The Empty Throne - Sanctioned Seeker Adventure All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.