Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

PbP GameDay VI: DM Sfounder's Treacherous Waves [CORE] (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

HANDOUTS
| TACTICAL MAP

Quickpost:

INITIATIVE:
[dice=Enemy]d20[/dice]
[dice=Simon~]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Rogar]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Zora]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Varian]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Anwar]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Oggil]d20+4[/dice]

PERCEPTION
[dice=Simon~]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rogar]d20+17[/dice]
[dice=Zora]d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Varian]d20+18[/dice]
[dice=Anwar]d20+15[/dice]
[dice=Oggil]d20+13[/dice]


201 to 250 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (26 MA/BS) | T 19 | FF 16 (23 MA/BS) | HP: 63/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 5/7 | SF 5/6

Rogar tied up the caster immediately after pinning it.
As soon as the combat is over he demands answers.

"Talk."


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

The sahuagin spits, and in trying to gloat over their victory, accidentally gives important information, "Stupid pink skins! You're too late! The master will conquer this dry abomination of a city! We've placed the fire, and there's no way you'll stop it! you don't even know where they are! Before the next meal, you'll all drown!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

A quick look at the map and a check of the time leads to a horrible conclusion. The prisoner is correct. Looking at the map you see 8 areas. You've got about 5 hours left and it looks like it'll take an hour to get to each. It appears the only hope is the one thing you're never supposed to do, split the party!

The good news is that it doesn't look like it's hard to fix, and you don't NEED any particular training. If you can see, or get to the charges, you can move them from the weak spots. you can make Knowledge (Engineering), Perception, or Swim checks to disable a charge.

The prisoner laughs maniacally as the horror settles in.

The clock is ticking.

What do you do Pathfinders?!


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

[i]Tick tock, the clock winds down![/ooc]

  • Charge 1: Active
  • Charge 2: Active
  • Charge 3: Active
  • Charge 4: Active
  • Charge 5: Active
  • Charge 6: Active
  • Charge 7: Active
  • Charge 8: Active

  • Sovereign Court

    Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

    Well, Simon could call in a couple contacts for two of those checks to have +14 Knowledge (Engineering), although it looks some perception bonuses go higher than that in this party.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (26 MA/BS) | T 19 | FF 16 (23 MA/BS) | HP: 63/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 5/7 | SF 5/6

    Do different ones require different checks?

    "Me and Oggil move fast. We each can go after far ones."

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

    No disable device option? No worries, my perception is almost as good.

    "I am going to take a couple of these potions if you don't mind."

    Will take 1 potion of cure moderate wounds, and the potion of air breathing if no one minds. Also, if a crossbow can be found to go with some of those bolts, she will pick that up as well, and take 2 of each bolt type.

    "I will take 2 of the closer ones. Hopefully, I can sneak in, disable, and sneak out, in case of any guards."

    Since we don't have a map, I will call mine 7 and 8.

    The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 5 Init +1 | HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
    Buffs:
    Longstrider, Mage Armour
    Loot:

    Anwar and Mirage can move quickly through the city to recover a charge.

    Anwar scans the map looking for a relatively near point, Mirage is pretty quick with longstrider active but not nearly as fast as a monk. He commits several locations to memory.

    Mirage and I will take this one, he says, picking a location, we will continue on to these as best we can...

    He looks around the group, we should meet back together after we have cleared as many of these spots as we can. I suggest we return here.

    With that he heads off into the city at speed unless anyone has anything else to add.


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Oddly, Disable Device is NOT an option. You can use any of the checks on any of the sabotaged areas. Since success isn't a guarantee,
    let's pick one at a time. If you're worried about an attack, or your ability, you can partner up too and aid another.

    Charge 1: Active
    Charge 2: Active
    Charge 3: Active
    Charge 4: Active
    Charge 5: Active
    Charge 6: Active
    Charge 7: Active
    Charge 8: Active

    The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 5 Init +1 | HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
    Buffs:
    Longstrider, Mage Armour
    Loot:

    Reaching the first point Anwar scans the area, Mirage cannot really help but she can help get him into any difficult areas. Mirage has a swim speed.

    Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
    Mirage gets a 29 taking 10 on swim


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    I'll rule that Mirage can't go off on her own.

    Hours Remaining: 5
    Still to try: Rogar, Zora, Rogar, Varian, Oggil

    Charge 1: Deactivated (Anwar/Mirage)
    Charge 2: Active
    Charge 3: Active
    Charge 4: Active
    Charge 5: Active
    Charge 6: Active
    Charge 7: Active
    Charge 8: Active

    The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 5 Init +1 | HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
    Buffs:
    Longstrider, Mage Armour
    Loot:

    Sure, if need be Anwar can wild shape into a form with a swim speed which will allow him to direct her appropriately. For now I will stick to perception until I see how the rest of the group does.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (26 MA/BS) | T 19 | FF 16 (23 MA/BS) | HP: 63/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 5/7 | SF 5/6

    Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

    "Ah there it is. On to the next one."

    I'm assuming my +2 to perception related to stonework won't apply.


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Sadly no stone bonus.

    Rogar and Anwar quickly head off on their own and manage to find and defuse two of the eight nodes.

    Hours Remaining: 5
    Still to try: Zora, Simon, Varian, Oggil

    Charge 1: Deactivated (Anwar/Mirage)
    Charge 2: Deactivated (Rogar)
    Charge 3: Active
    Charge 4: Active
    Charge 5: Active
    Charge 6: Active
    Charge 7: Active
    Charge 8: Active

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

    Zora creeps up on hers, and works to get it deactivated.

    Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

    Varian winces, but swallowing his fear, goes off to try and deal with a charge.

    I assume that we have arranged to meet at a central point at the end of each hour, to compare notes...?

    Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22.

    Sovereign Court

    Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

    Simon calls upon a contact to help him out. "Hey, thanks for meeting me. Think you can help me with this?"

    (Using the Sovereign Court first faction boon to call upon someone to count as having ranks equal to diplomacy (6 ranks) in knowledge (engineering))
    Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

    .
    Simon calls upon another contact in the city. He has two uses of the ability per scenario. "Thank you for meeting me! Let's do this!"
    Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
    Rerolling that... can't get worse for me.
    REROLL - Knowledge (Engineering) (@ +5): 1d20 + 14 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 5 = 33

    Will let others tackle the rest. Just wanted to get use of that boon! Also, it's funny to poll local people with affiliation to the Sovereign Court for engineering advice on how to diffuse explosives on the Plane of Water. XD

    Scarab Sages

    Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 6/6; Wand CLW 50/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

    Oggil will head out to one of the distant charges... Desperately he looks around for it...

    perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 <- Are we allowed to take ten?

    Quickly relocating the package to a secure area he warns everyone to avoid it, before heading onto his backup location.

    Will start at 8 and then work backwards towards 7


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    The image of Simon calling in favors is pretty awesome actually.
    No taking 10 due to the consequences of failure. Still, considering how handedly you guys broke down the first few, you'll be good to go.

    The party calls in favors and sets to work, with a plan to meet up by the Glass Pit once done. They work with skill and aplomb, calling in favors and using their years of experience. The citizens and visitors to Vialesk will never know the crisis they narrowly avoided.

    Lileone will know at least. She meets you all and requests a report. Her eyes go wide at all you tell her. She thinks before responding, "I wouldn't have believed it, but you make a compelling case. The only problem is, we still don't know who-"

    THUNK An arrow head bursts from her chest.

    She looks down.

    Blood begins to trickle down her chin.

    She drops...

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

    "Medic!"

    Varian hustles to Lileone's side, and frantically tries to stop the bleeding...

    Heal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12.

    "Someone else a bit more skilled might want to do something!"


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Simon~: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
    Rogar: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
    Zora: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
    Varian: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
    Anwar: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
    Oggil: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

    The party looks up. Everyone but Oggil and Simon spy the assassin. The shock gives way to understanding.

    The culprit is the one member of the expedition that has been missing the whole time.

    Tsomo Qorra!

    Lileone spits out a single sentence before slipping into darkness, "Do... not... let... him.... esca..."

    Will set up the next scene later today.

    The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 5 Init +1 | HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
    Buffs:
    Longstrider, Mage Armour
    Loot:

    If there is time Anwar will cast stabilise on Lileone.

    There he is!, he shouts, pointing out the assassin.


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Breaking the 4th Wall:

    [ooc]We're headed into a modified chase scene. Tsomo bolts right as Anwar stabilizes Lileone. He's got a significant head start, and headed towards the bazaar. Instead of overcoming obstacles and giving choices about overcoming your own, this one is about slowing him down. Each section sets up some options. Chases, done right, in real life can be fun, but often have the opposite in PbP. It risks leaving some slower posters behind, but as soon as someone posts a success, I'll move. This way we can keep the action "brisk" by PbP standards. If you DO NOT breath water, you take a -2 to your d20 roles.

    Tsomo turns and runs! He heads straight into a crowded area. A motley crew of animals fills this marketplace, from an ill-tempered leopard seal to tanks filled with jellyfish and piranhas. Tsomo has provoked sharks to snap at bystanders to cover his escape.

    Options:

  • Handle Animal/Wild Empathy to turn the leopard seals against him.
  • CMB to grab a jellyfish and throw it at his face.
  • Make a ranged attack and do enough damage to break a glass tank full of pirhana

  • The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 5 Init +1 | HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
    Buffs:
    Longstrider, Mage Armour
    Loot:

    Anwar took one of the water breathing potions we were given at the start to talk to Honoke so it should still be in effect (they last 10 hours).

    Anwar heads into the crowd, Mirage close on his heels. Seeing the leopard seal he gives a long, low whistle to attract the creatures attention and provoke the creature to lash out at Tsomo.

    Handle Animal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

    Do higher movement rates give modifiers as in the normal chase rules or not?


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    In this case no, the party moves as a single unit.

    Anwar, normally skilled with fauna, rushes it, and can't direct the seal!

    Sovereign Court

    Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

    Drat! Already used my Speak with Animals. ;)

    How about a Haste? Would that affect anything? Simon moves at 20 ft. but it would bring everyone up to at least 40 ft. I think. Won't be able to hit the camel but he's already at 50 ft. anyway. If it'll help, that will be Simon's action.

    If not, then he's gonna try to break the class.

    Ranged Attack (Don't breathe water): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 2 = 11

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (26 MA/BS) | T 19 | FF 16 (23 MA/BS) | HP: 63/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 5/7 | SF 5/6

    Rogar uses his superior grabbing skills to grab a jellyfish then tosses it at the fleeing assassin. Grab without water breathing: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 2 = 19


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    The abstract distances in this chase mean that boosting your speed doesn't help. It's all about slowing him down.

    Unfortunately both Rogar and Simon fail to slow Tsomo down!

    Left to try this "round": Varian, Zora, Oggil

    Scarab Sages

    Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 6/6; Wand CLW 50/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

    Oggil looks on in astonishment as the chaos erupts.

    Quickly joining his brother dwarf he grabs a jellyfish and heaves.

    CMB: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

    But the slippery creature slips through his fingers.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

    Varian throws a volley of force missiles at the Piranha tank!

    Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 3 = 10 Force damage.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

    Zora uses the crossbow she grabbed earlier to aim for a jar of pirahha.

    Ranged Attack vs object: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 = 15
    Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
    Sneak Damage?: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    The party continues to try, but it's Varian's missiles that destroy the glass! The fish bit and thrash,slowing him down and letting the party get closer!

    Tsomo isn't stopped by it though. He tosses a grenade back and it explodes in the face of guardsmen trying to help! Tsomo is trying to dart between two halves of a raised bridge. The bridges’ operating mechanism is visible, and a group of sizable turtlecrabs is swimming on the water’s surface.

    Options:

  • Force him to change his path with a DC 18 Swim check to physically block his exit.
  • Knowledge (engineering) check to close the bridge and seal off his escape route.
  • Acrobatics check using a trio of passing tojanidas as platforms to move ahead and cut him off

    Left to try: Varian, Oggil, Zora, Anwar, Rogar, Simon

    DM:

    PC: 2
    Tsomo: 5

  • Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (26 MA/BS) | T 19 | FF 16 (23 MA/BS) | HP: 63/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 5/7 | SF 5/6

    Rogar uses his natural jumping talent to cut off the assassin.

    Acrobatics, no swim, bonus to jump.: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 + 10 = 33

    If I can use my 1 ki for +20 to Jump I will.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

    Zora moves to head him off.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 2 = 29

    Scarab Sages

    Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 6/6; Wand CLW 50/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

    Seeing the others take the jump he was considering, Oggil ops for trying to block the exit he was heading toward.

    swim: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

    Varian frantically tries to close the gate.

    Knowledge(Engineering): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 = 28.


    N, Animal Companion, Giant Constrictor Snake Init: +3 | HP 41/42 | AC 23, touch 12, ff 20 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +4 Evasion | Perception +5, scent
    Buffs:
    Fire resist 10, Longstrider, Mage Armour, Barkskin, Bulls str, GMF, Ward of the Season Fall 4/5

    Anwar hangs on to Mirage as he directs her to block off his exit route.

    Swim: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

    Sovereign Court

    Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

    Will roll but sounds like multiple people have this one. ;)

    Simon helps seal off the escape route.

    Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    This time the party nearly pins Tsomo down! He has to take a totally unexpected route, and makes no progress in getting away. Just tighten the noose a little more and you've got him!

    His new route, really his only route, is very crowded. He dives into a bay to escape. Dozens of rental submarines fill this bay, which also features a massive mechanical crab.

    Options:

  • Knowledge (engineering) check to harry Tsomo with an apparatus of the crab.
  • Disable Device check or Strength check to sink the submersibles to block Tsomo’s exit.
  • Cast an electricity spell on the machinery to force Tsomo out of the water. The submersibles are too large to quickly

    DM:

    PC: 3
    Tsomo: 5


  • N, Animal Companion, Giant Constrictor Snake Init: +3 | HP 41/42 | AC 23, touch 12, ff 20 | Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +4 Evasion | Perception +5, scent
    Buffs:
    Fire resist 10, Longstrider, Mage Armour, Barkskin, Bulls str, GMF, Ward of the Season Fall 4/5

    Anwar will direct Mirage to try and push the submersibles into his route.

    Str check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

    Sovereign Court

    Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

    Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22

    "Woohoo! Crab time!"


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Simone and Anwar/Mirage further impede the culprit! (Others can still slow him even further!)

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

    Zora quickly works to send submersibles into his path.

    Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    With a satisfying splash, Zora knocks another submersible into his way. Tsomo, nearly out of options, takes one last ditch attempt at getting away. A group of performers is putting on a show with trained dolphins and penguins. The performers throw massive hoops through the air, which the dolphins leap through in mid-flight.

    Options:

  • Handle Animal or wild empathy check can command the dolphins to grab at Tsomo
  • Ride check to hop on a dolphin and cut him off.
  • CMB to grab one of the hoops from the performance and hit Tsomo with one.

    DM:

    PC: 4
    Tsomo: 5

  • Sovereign Court

    Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

    Simon tries to hop on a dolphin, unsuccessfully.

    Ride: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 2 = 3

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

    Zora quickly assesses her options, and tries to grab one of the dolphins in an attempt to ride it. With the extra speed, she might just get ahead of her quarry.

    Ride: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Ugh!

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (26 MA/BS) | T 19 | FF 16 (23 MA/BS) | HP: 63/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 5/7 | SF 5/6

    "Gonna borrow this a moment."

    grabbing a ring but no water breathing: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 = 25

    I figure improved grapple might help with a jellyfish but not a ring so I didn't add it.


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Rogar starts to trip him up, though Zora and Simon fumble with helping.

    The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 5 Init +1 | HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
    Buffs:
    Longstrider, Mage Armour
    Loot:

    Anwat tries to get the dolphins to help out with a few strange clicks and whistles.

    Handle Animal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

    Grand Lodge

    Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

    Varian attempts to grab a dolphin!

    Ride: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 2 = 3.

    Yeah, I'm not taking that...

    GM Star Reroll: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 + 5 = 24.

    Scarab Sages

    Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 6/6 (DC17); Ki 6/6; Wand CLW 50/50; AC 19(23 w/mage armor); Fort +9(+11 vs poison); Ref +9(evasion); Will +11;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +14

    Oggil also grabs one of the rings. He looks on enviously at the dophins, but Dwarves Don't Ride Dolphins. No matter HOW COOL that might look.

    He tosses the hoop trying to trip the fleeing assassin.
    check: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 = 23

    201 to 250 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP GameDay VI: DM Sfounder's Treacherous Waves [CORE] All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.