Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

PbP GameDay VI: DM Sfounder's Treacherous Waves [CORE] (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

HANDOUTS
| TACTICAL MAP

Quickpost:

INITIATIVE:
[dice=Enemy]d20[/dice]
[dice=Simon~]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Rogar]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Zora]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Varian]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Anwar]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Oggil]d20+4[/dice]

PERCEPTION
[dice=Simon~]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rogar]d20+17[/dice]
[dice=Zora]d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Varian]d20+18[/dice]
[dice=Anwar]d20+15[/dice]
[dice=Oggil]d20+13[/dice]


1 to 50 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Place your Arcane Mark here!

Sovereign Court

Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

Arcane Mark placed.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (23) | T 19 | FF 16 (20) | HP: 59/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 6/7 | SF 6/6

Tries to leave handprint in stone. Fails.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

A well dressed gnome in Taldan noble garb and adorned with jewelry enters the room. He has a thick blue beard and his blue hair is barely visible under his outrageous noble hat. He has several wands, scrolls, and spell pouches.

"Greetings! My name is Simon! It is a pleasure to once again go on another escapade for the Pathfinder Society. I do enjoy myself a good adventure; solving problems, meeting new people along the way, and even sometimes an occasional conflict, haha! I am a tailor who hails from Taldor. Haha! What delicious alliteration, no?"

"As for my adventuring talents: I am skilled in the art of enchantment. A mind is a fickle thing, is it not? Some individuals are sooo easily manipulated. But fear not! I would never dream of using my magic on another Pathfinder. I also have some talent in talking to others, and I am well educated." Simon smiles, showing pearly white teeth. His smile seems to emanate a sense of warmth and welcoming, almost as if magical in of itself.

The gnome drones on.

"I hail from Taldor, land of lush entertainment! Oh, how I wish I could sing and dance as well as some of the famous actors around there, but alas it is not my lot in life."

"Anyway, like I said, I like meeting new people and would be veeeery interested in some of your stories as well!"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (23) | T 19 | FF 16 (20) | HP: 59/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 6/7 | SF 6/6

"But do you lift bro?"

Rogar is over-muscled and ugly even for a dwarf. Body-building taken to an unpleasant extreme. But he is nimble despite his size. He has several odd looking weapons on his person.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

A diminutive girl, dresses in layers of colorful silks glides into the room with a twirl and a seductive smile. Her many bracelets and large hoop earrings all jingle as she moves, making a fair amount of noise.

"So you like entertainers? Well, I hope you like dancers, because that is my trade. You know, often us gypsies are called sneaks and thieves, but we aren't all like that."

With a sudden twirl, the colorful silks are suddenly replaced with muted dark colors, and the sounds of the jewelry go silent. "Well, I am, but not all of us are," she says with a wink.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

An aristocratic-looking Elf, dressed in immaculately-kept clothes, which smell faintly of lavender, looks up from the weighty tome that he was perusing, and acknowledges Simon's friendly greeting with a smile.

"My name is Varian. Charmed, I am sure. It is nice to meet someone else who appreciates the finer things in life on one of these little escapades..."

Sovereign Court

Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

Simon looks at Rogar. "There is value in those that focus on their physical prowess, but my studies are more align with mental prowess."

Joining in the rest of the conversation. "I do love a good dance. There's lot of good plays in Taldor. I highly recommend a visit if you haven't. They have some lovely Operas!"

The Exchange

N Male Human Druid 5 HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
Buffs:
Longstrider
Loot:
Wand of CMW 11c

A tall, dark haired Osirion man enters, brushing sand from his clothes. Behind him an enormous serpent, mottled green in colour, slithers into the room.

Greetings friends, my name is Anwar, and this is my first visit to mighty Absalom. Truly the stories of the place do not do it justice, the people, the architecture...the smell. He pulls off a dusty travelling cloak and brushes it down. I see you were discussing skills for our forthcoming mission. Myself I am a traveller of the trackless wastes of the desert, a trader and magician. There are few places I cannot find a way to and I have found it useful to learn how to make friends out of strangers.

The snake slithers into a sunny patch near the window and coils up in the warmth. It hisses at the room generally, but seems fairly placid. This is my companion, Mirage. We met some time ago when I was travelling in the deep deserts of southern Osirion. If not for her I might have met my end at the hands of Cultists of Rovagug and we have not been parted since. Have no fear, she is quite friendly but also rather inquisitive. She has a fondness for rabbits and can easily be distracted with one as a quick snack.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

"My, what a colorful group we are! It is nice to meet all of you."

Sovereign Court

Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

"Quite colorful. In fact, if you want some new clothing, I may be able to tailor it for you! It's not a skill I often advertise but this seems like the right occasion."

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

"Why, that would be wonderful. In fact, I seem to have a few cuts within my silks right now that could use a mend. My last mission was a little blade-intensive."

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 5/6; Ki 6/6; AC 18(22 w/mage armor); Fort +7(+9 vs poison); Ref +7; Will +8;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +13

A quiet dwarf sits in the corner. He is bare chested, and looks a little uncomfortable in the luxury of the office.

"As the sun greets the land at the start of the day, so do I greet you all." he starts with. "Oggil. Oggil Redhand."


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

The Pathfinder agent Zahra urgently summoned you to the Plane of Water to request yourr aid investigating a mishap that befell her expedition. She arranges transportation for you to the Plane of Water and hires a giant turtle-drawn carriage to take you to the city of Vialesk. A bubble of magically replenishing air encases the carriage, allowing the you to survive the journey through the boundless sea...

A broad coral structure dozens of stories tall emerges from the boundless sea. A steady stream of submersibles dock and depart, while dockworkers unload goods and carry them to carefully protected glass tunnels. Water mephits swim and flit about, surveying the new arrivals. The turtle-drawn carriage swims up to one of the tunnels. As the carriage’s bubble of air meets the tunnel’s mouth, fresh air flows into the carriage, carrying with it the smell of fish. Within the glass passage, an elf with teal hair, webbed fingers, and gills stares out at the sea. As the turtles come to a stop, she raises her pale blue hands in an unfamiliar greeting. A golden wayfinder is secured tightly to her wrist, and a pair of long coral daggers is strapped to her back. “So, she actually did it,” the elf comments, tilting her head and giving a small smirk. “I had heard Zahra was threatening to summon agents to investigate what happened, but I thought it might merely be bluster to save face. Still, whatever cause has brought you here, you are welcome in our city. I am Lileone Blacktide, and I wish you luck, but I warn you that there is no culprit for you to find beyond Zahra herself.”

Conversation with Lileone can work as your check in so that I know you're here.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (23) | T 19 | FF 16 (20) | HP: 59/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 6/7 | SF 6/6

"Fellow Pathfinder? I didn't know we had lodges in other planes."

Rogar frowns at the smell of fish but seems otherwise uninterested in the odd surroundings.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

Zora, on the other hand, is deeply fascinated by the environment around her.

"Thank you for your kindness, Lileone. My name is Zora, and yes, we come at Zahra's request... although we know little more than that. What, may I ask, has happened?"

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 5/6; Ki 6/6; AC 18(22 w/mage armor); Fort +7(+9 vs poison); Ref +7; Will +8;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +13

Oggil offers a short bow.

"The book contains much knowledge...but understands little of its own contents. This is the situation we find ourselves in. Could you tell us about Zahra and the difficulties?"

Sovereign Court

Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

"Oh come on! Why is it always a Pathfinder's fault?" Simon throws his hands up in the air as he contemplates when other Pathfinders continually mess things up for others to fix.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

Varian shrugs.

"Well, often, Pathfinders do have a habit of poking their noses into things that have been long-buried; when that happens, it is not uncommon for there to be unintended side-effects... that said, it is rarely deliberate, and we *have* occasionally been framed in the past... It would behoove us well to gather as much information as we can, before jumping to any conclusions..."

The Exchange

N Male Human Druid 5 HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
Buffs:
Longstrider
Loot:
Wand of CMW 11c

Anwar walks down the gangplank, his eyes wide as saucers. Who would have thought such a place could exist. How does it survive? What keeps the waters at bay?

He stops, noticing the woman and her wayfinder. Err, yes, we have only just arrived, can you tell us what is going on? We weren't given much detail about the reason for this trip...

Having recovered himself Anwar also takes a moment to scrutinise the woman, he may be new in town but isn't totally green.

Perception in case of sneaky disguises: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Sense Motive in case of trickery: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Behind him Mirage slithers onto the dock. She eyes the fish flitting overhead with eager interest and starts looking for a way to get up to them.


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

She nods and listens to all the questions, “A week ago, Zahra set out on an expedition towards a sea of jellyfish known as the Lambent Bloom. She believed she had made an incredible discovery: the remnants of one of the lost elemental lord Lysianassa’s servants, which might still hold a fragment of Lysianassa’s power. I was skeptical of her claims, but I joined her. If there was any chance she was correct, I thought it was worth investigating. I should have thought better of it. Not two days into our journey, Zahra steered our caravan too close to a patch of the Carmine Scourge, a poisonous red algae that drifts through the plane on the tides. They say it blooms in places where the elemental lord Kelizandri has passed, and it certainly shares his hunger. It sprung upon our caravan as if drawn by a magnet, sending everything into chaos and killing most of our precious whale sharks. Several members of our expedition are still violently ill, and I only survived myself because I was scouting when the incident occurred. Worse yet, though we managed to escape, the algae clung to us as we fled back to Vialesk. It broke off and settled among the coral reefs, and now the reefs have begun to die."

“Zahra has managed to convince herself some great conspiracy is to blame, rather than her poor navigation decisions and her inability to listen to anyone else. I have no doubt she truly believes she’s innocent; she has always been stubborn and arrogant, and it has always led her into trouble. The Society may have overlooked her errors in the past due to her superb mind and her talent for damage control, but this time, I will not allow them to slide. I warned her that the waters ahead didn’t seem right to me, but she couldn’t be troubled to listen. She has no excuse for the damage she has done and I will see to it that she is held accountable for her negligence. I look forward to your attempts to prove me wrong.”

"As for the rest of your inquiries, you'll have to direct them to Zahra. I do appreciate you being self aware enough... Varian was it? We do tend to stick our noses places."

Anyone can feel free to make a diplomacy check with her if you've interacted.

Anwar:

You focus in to the best of your abilities, and come back confident that she is forthright and who she says she is. She seems genuine.

The Exchange

N Male Human Druid 5 HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
Buffs:
Longstrider
Loot:
Wand of CMW 11c

Happy that the woman seems to be who she says she is Anwar pushes on, thank you, that helps us a great deal. I hope you don't mind, but we will obviously need to make our own assessment of the situation, I am sure you will understand. Perhaps you could help us with the lay of the land here, obviously we are all strangers to this wonderful city.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

In the background Mirage has slithered up some stacked crates, craning towards the edge of the air bubble and the tempting fish. She seems a little forlorn that they are so far away.


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

She looks at Anwar solidly for a few seconds, "Good. I'm confident in my conclusion, but if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I simply to see true justice done and I place the safety of Vialesk’s citizens above all else."

She begins to fish around for something in her pack. Before long she takes out a trio of potions, "These will let you breath water for a bit, maybe 10 hours. There's a lot of air here, but who knows where your inquiries will take you. Additionally, if you ever need my help, I'm not hard to find."

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

"Thank you! We appreciate you giving us the chance to look into this to confirm your assessment. It does sound like poor judgement, but sometimes a mistake doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't also something else going on."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"Thank you for these potions. Sadly, I am not a strong swimmer, and I hate to be caught unprepared. Is there someplace, perhaps, that I can get something to help with that, should the need arise?"


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

"It's a big city, and it's one of the few places where you'll see air and water breathers so close together. I'm sure you could find something."

Yes, this city is large enough for purchases.

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 5/6; Ki 6/6; AC 18(22 w/mage armor); Fort +7(+9 vs poison); Ref +7; Will +8;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +13

Oggil nods at the words of the pathfinder guides.

"The mission spreads before me as a thick fog. I am a simple dwarf." starts Oggil. "Are we here to investigate the area that Zorath discovered, the tragedy that befell her mission, or to help alleviate the harm that came about from her first trip?"

dip (aid): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The Exchange

N Male Human Druid 5 HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
Buffs:
Longstrider
Loot:
Wand of CMW 11c

Taking the potion Anwar bows to Lileone. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I hope that we can help resolve this situation quickly. Turning to the party he says, perhaps we should meet with Zahra and see what she wants us to do as well? This situation looks like it could be messy, we need as much information as we can get.

In the background Mirage has given up her quest for the sky fish and slithered towards the nearest canal, slipping into the water and lurking there, pretending like she doesn't care for fish.


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

will post this afternoon. Any further questions, and indeed clarification for Oggil will come from her.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

"I know you are skeptical of Zahra... I am too honestly. Is there anything else you can tell us or help us with before we confront her?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

"I've given you everyhting *I've* got. The rest is up to her, but I'm glad you're going into this with a clear mind."

Not long afterwards, she delivers you to Zahra. Obviously distracted by the recent events, she greets the party with a smile that does little to hide the anger on her face. "Greetings, Pathfinders. And thank you, Lileone, for escorting them here." The aquatic elf silently nods to the undine.

"While I am sure Lileone informed you of what I want, here I shall recap to you once more my goal. I want you to investigate the failure of the last expedition. While all on-site evidence has been lost to the ides and algae, I do believe that the disaster was due to foul play and that one of the surviving expedition members may have a clue or, worse, a role in the attack."

Zahra then hands Darvik a note with several names written in need handwriting. "Please investigate the people on this list, but due be subtle in case the person is indeed a saboteur."

"Do you have any questions before you begin your investigation?"

The Exchange

N Male Human Druid 5 HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
Buffs:
Longstrider
Loot:
Wand of CMW 11c

Anwar smiles kindly at Zahra, he has heard of her but never expected to meet here. Just one or two please he asks. What was the purpose of this mission and do you have specific reason to suspect any of these people? he says as he scans the list.

Behind him, Mirage, still wet from her sulk in the canals, pushes her nose into any container she can find in the room. Sadly, she finds no rabbits in any of them.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

Simon inquires, "What do you think happened during the expedition?"


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

She sighs, clearly frustrated, "I'm sure Lileone gave you the details, but the incident with the toxic algae was no careless accident; rather, the nearest growth of that type of algae should have been miles away from our route. FURTHERMORE I not believe that I am directly responsible for the damage to the reefs, but I still wish to do whatever I can to stop it. Many of the expedition suppliers and survivors are associated with larger organizations, and such resources could be pooled together to save the reef. I will warn you not to employ any expedition traitors in this task.”

After Anwar and Simon ask she replies, “I discovered several promising texts hinting of a fragment of Lysianassa’s power. You know Lysianassa? She is one of the lost elemental lords. It was said that she ruled this plane, until Kelizandri imprisoned her. I located several sources claiming that she gifted her breath to a servant, a giant nautilus called Riam the Unyielding, who was sent to govern the seas in her absence. But Riam was lost, blast it all, due to Kelizandri’s witless brine dragons—when they mortally wounded Riam, it dove into the Lambent Bloom and it could not be retrieved. I organized the expedition to pursue rumors of its giant shell, which was claimed to be a holy site until a few centuries back. I was unable to verify anything without traveling in person, as the shell proved resistant to divination and teleportation spells.”

“A rhythmic clanging in the distance, half an hour before the caravan encountered the algae bloom. I am confident this was a signal, though I have yet to ascertain who was signaling. As I have double checked my navigation and know I was not at fault, the noise must have been related to the disaster.”

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (23) | T 19 | FF 16 (20) | HP: 59/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 6/7 | SF 6/6

"Could the clanging have been music? Do fish here play the drums?"

If anyone looks at Rogar oddly at that he shrugs and adds "Magic is strange."

Scarab Sages

Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 5/6; Ki 6/6; AC 18(22 w/mage armor); Fort +7(+9 vs poison); Ref +7; Will +8;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +13

Oggil nods at Rogar.

"As a stick beats a drum, so might a shell open and close. Could the clanging have been the sound of the shell you sought? Or was it more... metalic?" asks Oggil.

"As the neophyte is before the master, so am I before you. I am still confused as to our primary mission. Are we to repair the reef, seek out what traitor may have been responsible for your expeditions misfortune, or attempt to replicate your mission...with hopefully more success?"

Sovereign Court

Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

With lots of the information given, any applicable knowledge checks?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard (Conjuror) 5 (HP 27/27) (AC 17/13/14) (CMD 13) (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4) (Init +9) (Perception +18)

Varian shrugs in response to Oggil's comment.

"Presumably, in an ideal world, we should do *all* of those... unless you have a way to breathe underwater, though, we may want to hold off on looking at the reef for the moment... How about we start at the top of the list, and work our way down...?"

The Exchange

N Male Human Druid 5 HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
Buffs:
Longstrider
Loot:
Wand of CMW 11c

Scanning the list Anwar nods at Varian's suggestion, that seems like a sensible approach.


True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Zahra looks a bit puzzled at Oggil's method of speaking, but nods after Varian's response. "Our primary concern is figuring out which member is the traitor. That is DEFINITELY our number one concern. Fixing the reef is also a major concern, but as Varian points out, you're not well equipped. Perhaps, as you investigate the party members, you can convince them to assist in helping the reef for the betterment of all?"

Given the oddity of the situation, there seem to be no relevant bits of information your knowledge may help with, though that is mostly likely to change when interacting with expedition members.

Zahra's expression changes to one of impatience, "Please, one of these people is a traitor, and time is of the essence!"

  • Honoke: Not visited
  • Tsomo Qorra and the Murajau current-chasers: Not visited
  • Razethka the Scarred: Not visited
  • Yuka Kannamen: Not visited

    Investigations with leads can stall in PbP. In order to help prevent that I've added a handout to help you track your situation.

  • The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 5 HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
    Buffs:
    Longstrider
    Loot:
    Wand of CMW 11c

    Anwar gives a low whistle, Mirage perks up and slithers over to him.

    Let's go, I suggest we start with the top of the list, can you tell us any more about this Honoke?


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Zahra reiterates what's on her notes first, "Honoke is an elderly ocean giant. He was our caravan master, and provided the expedition’s whale sharks. I do not think him responsible. His sharks were his livelihood, and he lost most of them to the toxin. Investigate his whale sharks instead, something may have been done to them to steer them off course. You might find a lead there." She also gives you directions.

    Will give others time to chime in.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Monk 6 | AC 19 (23) | T 19 | FF 16 (20) | HP: 59/63 | CMD 28* | Fort +10 | Ref +9 | Will +12 | Init +8 | Perception +17 | Ki 6/7 | SF 6/6

    Rogar knows he is out of his depth so to speak so will hang back and pay attention things not said. IE Sensing motive.

    "Not a fan of giants but no wars here. Sure lets talk to him."

    Sovereign Court

    Gnome Enchanter (CORE) 6 | HP 44/44 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | F +7 | R +6 | W +7 | +2 vs. illusion | Init +7 | Perc +1 | Sense Motive -1 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Active Spells: Fly

    Simon begins to make some mental notes.

    "Might as well ask about the next. What of Tsomo Qorra and the Murajau current-chasers?"


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    To prevent confusion, you might want to complete an area before opening more. I'd go with the notes on the hand out for current questions.

    Scarab Sages

    Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 5/6; Ki 6/6; AC 18(22 w/mage armor); Fort +7(+9 vs poison); Ref +7; Will +8;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +13

    "As the tide goes in and out, visiting the shores again and again, so must be come back to the list. However the first wave of the tide must lap against fresh sands. Let us lap against this giant." suggests Oggil.


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    The party opts to head to the first name on the list:

    Reminder of Zahra's notes on Honoke:

    Caravan master, provided the expedition’s w hale sharks. I do not think him responsible. His sharks were his live lihood, and he lost most of them to the toxin. Investigate his w hale sharks instead, something may have bee n done to them to steer them off course.

    You work your way through the massive and fantastic city. Before too long you spy a massive, 20 foot tall man guiding some whale sharks around a submerged enclosure. A lengthy gray beard and hunched over shoulders show the man's age. He doesn't seem to notice your presence, the giant's attention focused solely on the underwater beasts.

    DC 18 Perception or DC 10 Heal:

    The whale sharks are seriously weakened by some sort of affliction. The giant man also seems likewise affected and perhaps only his large size was the telling factor in why he is still alive.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

    Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

    "Look - those animals don't appear to be very healthy. For that matter, either does this poor giant. I suspect he is a victim. Let's go talk to him."

    Zora approaches quietly. "Excuse me, Mr. Honoke? Do you mind speaking with us a bit?"

    The Exchange

    N Male Human Druid 5 HP 38/38 | AC24 T11 FF23 | Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +10, +4 vs fey and plant | CMD 16 | Perception +15 | Sense Motive +16
    Buffs:
    Longstrider
    Loot:
    Wand of CMW 11c

    Anwar will head towards the enclosure. He signals to attract the giants attention and to ask if he can join him in the pool. If no-one objects he takes one of the water breathing potions, slips at arm around Mirage and has her carry him into the pool.

    The huge whale sharks fascinate him, he has never seen such marvellous creatures coming from the desert.

    Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

    Looking them over he tries to get a sense of what might be wrong with them and how they might be helped.

    You are Honoke yes? Your animals are magnificent. If I can I would be happy to use some of my magic to try and help them.

    Anwar edges a little closer to the sharks, trying to make sure they remain calm in his presence.

    Handle animal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


    True Dragons of Absalom | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Zora grabs the giant's attention. He manages to muster a weak smile. It's obvious that he too is of poor health, but his concern is obviously directed towards his whale sharks.

    Both Zora and Anwar can see the damage done. Both recognize that he's pushing them through the water to keep them alive, but there's nothing he's doing that will help hem beyond that. "If you can help them. Please. Please do."

    Both Zora and Anwar think that with a little administration, the sharks (and Honoke) can be treated. An additional Heal check, Knowledge (Nature), or Craft (Alchemy) should do the trick.

    Scarab Sages

    Dwarven monk-6; HP 52/52; Re-roll@+3 1/1; Stunning Fist 5/6; Ki 6/6; AC 18(22 w/mage armor); Fort +7(+9 vs poison); Ref +7; Will +8;Extra +2 vs spells, +4 vs enchantments; Init +4; Perc +13

    Oggil looks on with admiration. "I have never been good with animals." he sighs.

    "Honoke, you too look badly injured. Perhaps you could tell us about what happened?"

    1 to 50 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP GameDay VI: DM Sfounder's Treacherous Waves [CORE] All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.