Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–01: The Glass River Rescue (Inactive)

Game Master Matthais777

Glass River maps and such.


1 to 50 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

Each of our respectable pathfinders receives the following letter.

Venture Captain's Letter.

With your letter in hand, you travel to the Druman capital of Kerse,
to your meaning place, the manor home of Temel Passad, a prominent Kalistocrat. You are escorted into an opulent lounge to await your host. With grace and care, you are served the finest Chelish wine and delicate sweetmeats arrayed on platters in the center of the room. One of the servants bows deeply and says,

Honored pathfinders. Please wait here until our Master and his Guests arrive. We thank you for your patience. Let us know if you desire any other food or drink.

Okay folks! Dot in, introduce yourselves and get to know your comrades! You can safely assume that the servants will pass you any reasonable requests for food or drink.

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

A young half-elf with white hair and unusually light coloured skins speaks up first.

"Hi! I'm Gwerrmet, from Yanmass in northern Taldor."
"I'm new to this sort of thing."
"Razmiri priests are nasty by nature, are they?"


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

status:

Hide:
AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Male,Human:

hide:

Racial Traits: Base human

Id Rager/Urban Rager Bloodrager: level 1

a young, dark hair human follows up after the half-elf's introduction.

"Well if introduction are in order then i might as well introduce myself, the name is Coetis Reorum, I'm from around, i don't like to stay in one place for too long."

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 23 20 TO 18 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Howdy. - says the Human at the back. Very rough looking, with eyes tired, he didn't actually seem that old at all. He probably drank something last night, though - or maybe this morning.

I'm Gyrand. Just joined the society recently. Glad to make your acquaintance. - he completes, more automatically than actually friendly.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

A moderately tall and slender elf, in a dark green cloak, hood pulled down, enters the manor and studies the room...he nods slightly to the other Pathfinders...

"Daedîn, at your service..."

Daedîn grabs a glass of wine, heads to a corner and tries to blend in to the background...

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

A being enters the lounge. He is clearly not human, with golden hair and golden eyes. "Apologies for running late. I just had to finish acquiring some supplies."

There is a gentleness in his countenance as he looks around the room. "My name is Rilmor. I've done some missions for the Society in the past and I'm always glad to serve."

He sits down and asks for a glass of wine.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp3/11 (4/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

A young human woman steps in. She sighs upon hearing that Temel Passad is not there yet, grabs a glass of wine and sits in an armchair.

"Well, I guess that will give us a chance to get acquainted"

She waves to everyone, smiling. "I'm Atronia. I'm new to the Pathfinder Society... It's an honour to meet you. May our lives be prosperous and our stories worthy of song."


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

Two silent servants open a pair of richly lacquered doors, and a human and two dwarves stride into the lavish parlor. The man, clad in immaculate robes of whitest silk, is short and round with a blond oiled beard, and his eyes are alert and amused. He takes a touch of snuff from a golden box and sneezes before saying,

“It is a pleasure to welcome Pathfinders to one of my estates once more. I am, as you may know, Temel Passad. Allow me to introduce—”

One of the two dwarves, a redheaded female in deep scarlet robes, curtly interrupts the man.

“We can introduce ourselves, Passad. I am Metella Raugar, representing the interests of several Highhelm mercantile consortia. My companion..”

—she gestures to a dwarven man with leathery skin baked by the sun, his head swathed in a bright yellow scarf

“is Amauhak of Reth Bezel, a mystic of the sand dwarves of Osirion.”

He bows his head momentarily to the pathfinders.

Temel seems rather annoyed and ruffled by the interruption, but continues.

"I'm sure that you're superiors have already advised you of the dreadful business. M boat, the Abacus, will take you to the glass river to search for your missing dignitaries."

"Missing?"
Grumbles Metella. "Kidnapped you mean."

"Missing."
Insists Passad. "It's bad business to accuse a entire country of wrong doing without the means to back it up."
Metella grumbles at him as he continues.

"You will be searching for the Gray Revolation Inn. Once you have searched for the dignitaries, the Abacus will take us the rest of the way to Mendev."

Amauhak speaks for the first time in a deep gravelly voice.

"Best if nobody knows we're along for the ride. Considering the first crew at all.

"Agreed"
says Passad. "Any questions Pathfinders?"

Knowledge (History/Relgion) 15+:
Razmir, known as the Lord of the 31 Steps, claims to have taken the Test of the Starstone and ascended to divinity. He appeared before the people of Xer in the Duchy
of Melcat 52 years ago and now acts as both sovereign and god of those captured lands.

Knowledge (History/Relgion) 20+:
It is no secret that the Razmiri clergy rely more on bullying than on divine miracles, often exploiting travelers to fill the church’s coffers. The regular patrols of faithful enforcers searching for dissension has resulted in the paranoia that runs throughout the government and the populace. Any friendliness from a native is cause for suspicion.

Knowledge (History/Relgion) 25+:
While not all citizens of Razmiran worship the living god, none would admit as much publicly, especially to outsiders who may be undercover clergy.

Knowledge (History/Relgion) 30+:
A few scholars who have observed the faithful of Razmir performing healing magic claim that the divine magic functions in an abnormal way, different from that granted by other gods. A handful of sages speculate that Razmir’s claim of divinity is questionable, but there is no evidence to prove that he is anything but all-powerful.

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

"I can't think of anything else right now."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp3/11 (4/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

"I don't really see how this can be considered anything other than a kidnapping, but if a covert mission serves us better than open accusations, so be it."

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"I know rather little about the situation in Razmiran. Should we be particularly careful about other people finding out about our presence or identity? Other than the priests, that is," Atronia asks, looking more to the two dwarves than to Temel.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn nods his head but knows little of history and religion...

"Aside from the Razmiri, what other manner of opposition might we run into?"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

Rilmor listens quietly for a moment as others ask questions.

Knowledge (relgion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

Passad sniffles a little as he speaks.

"Other than those normal dangers you might find on the road, it is mostly the Razmiri that are the danger. All other faiths are prohibited in the nation, though foreign priests are tolerated as long as they are not proselytizing and just passing through. All nonresidents are subject to sundry tariffs and unannounced inspections. It would probably be for the best not to announce to loudly that you are not a follower of Razmir, nor proselytize to them about your own gods."

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

"I guess acting as passers by is probably the easy part."

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

Rilmor looks around a bit uncomfortably. "That sounds fine, but the more deceptive arts are generally not my forte. I hope someone here is more skilled can take the lead."


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

"I don't have any, the ones I had were already answered"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn nods at Rilmor's words, thinking...I'm not glib of tongue either...I'll keep a low profile and try to stay in the shadows...

To the Venture-Captain, he speaks. "One last question. Who exactly are we searching for? All we know is that we're looking for three dwarves...only our dwarven friends here can recognize them and, if we're separated for any reason, it might help us to know..."


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Points towards Daedîn "He does bring up a fair point."

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 23 20 TO 18 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Gyrand mostly absorbs the information. The eyes of the brawler look at the present without much trust - yet, he lets his pathfinder companions do all the questions, thinking about a good cold mug of beer. He didn't really know much about Razmiran and the business there.


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

Metella chuckles at Daedin's question.

Three dwarves: Rakuska Imgardam, a well-known Five Kings diplomat
and devotee of Torag; Holfist Sendstrom of Taggoret; and Pechas Domri—like Amauhak, a Pahmet dwarf of Osirion. To say all three stand out like sore thumbs would be putting it lightly. Add to the fact that it's more than likely that their.... accommodations...

She glares at Passad as she says the word.

may be less than comfortable, suggests that they will be easy to pick out in a hurry. If, for some reason, you find a large group of foreign dwarves who are also being held captive, I'm sure they won't complain about a impromptu rescue.

She tries to smile as she says it, but anyone with a passing ability to read people (Take 10) can tell that she's nervous and worried about her comrades.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn stares impassively at the one they call Metella, thinking typical dwarf...

He breaks off after a moment and finishes his wine. "I'm ready then; let me know when we leave..."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp3/11 (4/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Atronia smirks as Metella tells them that the dwarves will stick out, but quickly goes back to a grim and resolute expression.

"I see no point in idling here any longer, then. We will find out more when we get there."

She puts down her half-full glass of wine and gets up, looking at the others.


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Coetis Thinking​ to himself the possibility of being able to help more people out of capture goes across his mind, as quickly as a smile forms across his face, But quickly dissipate as it had formed.

"I agree with my fellow pathfinders here, we shouldn't dilly dally here any longer."

He said looking around at the others.


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

Please post if you plan on making purchases or actions. Otherwise, we'll time skip to the below portion.

Passad nods and says,

Agreed. The sooner we reach Razmir, the sooner we can find the lost envoy and have this business done. Please, meet at the Abacus tomorrow morning at dawn. Use anytime you need to prepare.

-------------------------------------------------------

After the team is boarded on the little ship, they set sail for Razmir. Thankfully, journey along the coast of Lake Encarthan from Kerse is uneventful. Passad’s hired hands (five sailors in all, including the captain) are quiet and efficient, and the boat, a modest craft, reaches the mouth of the Glass River and heads east without incident. As the boat enters Razmiri waters, however, Passad calls the pathfinders into his Cabin, Metella and Amauhak standing to one side, with Metella's barely concealed annoyance at Passad making the air tense. Passad takes a sniff of his snuff, sneezing delicately as he pats his nose with a white kerchief.

Pathfinders, we have entered Razmiri waters, and there is... a bit of a disagreement of how we should proceed. Since you are in charge of our saftey, we decided that it be best to defer to your decision.

Metella speaks up, her voice tinged with annoyance.

Passad thinks we should sail right up to Xer, pay the tolls, and go on. Completely ignoring the risk, of course, that we'll be searched for contraband, found out, and dragged off.

Passad glares at Metella's rude interruption and continues.

Better than our dear dwarven envoy's plan to try to sneak by and simply hope we are not boarded on the water by patrols annoyed at us for not paying said tolls. At least by paying the tolls, they should have no reason to search the ship.

He pulls two shining platinum pieces from a while silk pouch and places them on the table for the team.

I'm happy to pay the cost myself, and the extra should help smooth our passage from any prying questions.

He shrugs a bit.

In the end Pathfinders, we defer to your wisdom. This sort of subterfuge is the realm of adventurers like you, not merchants. Whichever you think is the best route, we will take.

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

"I'm ready"


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Coetis specks up first

"I agree with Passad, as long as we don't act in way that would draw attention to us they won't feel necessary to search us. The less suspicious we look the better"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn shrugs. "Pay 'em now or pay 'em later...we'll have to deal with the Razmiri at some point...makes no difference to me when..."

Expecting trouble, Daedîn leaves the cabin and heads to the deck. He draws his longbow and tries to find a good spot to keep an eye on things and, more importantly, to conceal himself...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp3/11 (4/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Atronia nods as Coetis speaks.

"We might as well pay them now. Hopefully, they'll leave us be after just a couple questions. What should we tell them, though? And who wants to do the talking?"

She looks to her fellow Pathfinders, then frowns, thinking of something.

"Passad, is it customary for merchants to leave a little extra like that? I wouldn't want that to make them suspicious..."

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 23 20 TO 18 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

I agree. - Gyrand says, immediately completing as he approaches Atronia - Being too compliant is not always the right way to avoid attracting attention.


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

Passad chuckles.

A bribe is absolutely expected, especially in Razmir. It'd be quite suspicious if one wasn't left. But, your welcome to try and pay them the exact amount of the toll first. I trust you to be able to read them and know when you need to increase the funds being offered... though it sounds like your in agreement that we should simply pay the toll?

Passad gives Metella a smug look and she sends him a glare that could kill back.

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

"It sounds like those who pay the bribe, or toll, without complaint would be less likely to be noticed."
"Could be easier to hide in plain sight that way."


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Coetis speaks up after Gwerrmet.

"By the look of things, the majority has decided to pay the toll."


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

Passad nods.

Alright then. You can stay up on deck, the rest of us will stay below. Just pay the men at the dock, then we'll shove off as quickly as possible...

Metella nods as well.

Be careful pathfinders.

------------------------------------------------------------
a few hours later

The city of Xer occupies the north bank of the Glass River, and its dozens of docks remain busy as ships headed both east and west call at the port. Grubby men and women in bulky jackets patrol the docks, and few smiling faces are to be seen.

The Abacus pulls up into Xer, and the boat’s captain chooses an isolated berth sheltered on either side by tall warehouses. One of the sailors tosses a mooring rope to the dockhand, who quickly ties it down for them.

Unfortunately, fate does not seem to favor our heroes at this time. As the Abacus arrives at the dock, three Razmiri enforcers, armored and with crossbow's and swords on their belts—one holding the
taut leash of a slavering, halftamed wolf—approach. The one holding the wolf walks up in front of the plank that extends out to the dock.

OYE! Come down eh, In the name of the living God Razmir, and present to us a count of your passagers and goods. Who are ya, and what business do you have in our great country?

Sense Motive 15:
The Razmiri Enforcers are in a bad mood, and while it may be unrelated to our heroes, they seem to be itching for a fight.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn stays out of sight, viewing the scene from stealth. He'll let the others in the party do the talking as he has his bow ready to fire if things go hostile...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

While he doesn't have a warm fuzzy 'bout the situation, he has no idea 'bout their intent...

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

@GM: Other than the three enforcers, are there any other authority figures within sight of our ship (that we would be able to see)? Or any Razmiri patrol ships in dock?


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps
Daedîn wrote:
@GM: Other than the three enforcers, are there any other authority figures within sight of our ship (that we would be able to see)? Or any Razmiri patrol ships in dock?

@Daedin No, it's just the three authority figures. The high warehouses protect you from sight from the rest of the harbor, and any proper patrol ships are not within sight, probably guarding the more active trade routes.

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 23 20 TO 18 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 . . (Yuck!)

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp3/11 (4/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Sense motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

While she doesn't like the way the enforcers are addressing them, Atronia figures they've just stumbled on authoritative people... with a wolf. She takes a few steps in the required direction, but tries to let someone else lead the way.

We should have discussed what we would tell them more. Why didn't I think of that when it was time?


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

The enforcers start looking annoyed when no one speaks to them, and the one holding the wolf steps forward. As he does so, one of the others walks away, shouting at one of the dock hands to Tie down that ship!
It doesn't sale anywhere until it's passed inspection!

The Enforcer leader looks at the group and speaks in a tone that sounds almost like a growl.

Are you deaf, or merely dumb? I asked what your business is here! How many are traveling with you? These are simple questions, you idiots! By Razmir's Mercy if you don't speak I'll drag you all in for questioning!

The wolf snaps his jaw a few times in the air, clearly feeding off his master's frustration and anger.

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

"Sorry, Sir! No offence intended."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 . . meh

" We're all just travellers here on business."
bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 . . that's an improvement!

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

Rilmor walks closer to Gwerrmet. "Apologies, good sirs. As my friend here said, there's the six of us traveling together." Assuming I've counted the number of PCs correctly.

Aid Another (Bluff): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn sees the situation declining fast. If they tie down the ship, we're done...this ends in a fight either way...the female dwarf was right, we should've bypassed this dock. He decides to act now while he still has the element of surprise...

Daedîn fires an arrow at the enforcer holding the wolf, hoping to take out the one giving directions. He hopes the surprise will allow his companions to react first and the captain to cast off before the ship is tied down...

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 (base/dex + PBS)

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (6) = 12 (longbow damage + PBS + sneak attack)

Daedîn yells to his companions, "Fight!" and to the captain and crew, "Cast off, now!"


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

See map here Glass River maps and such

Daedin's arrow streaks through the air, slamming into the eye of the Enforcer leader, who falls to the ground without making so much as a peep, the whole dock seeming to go silent at the sound of his body impacting the wood. His two companions are shocked still for only a moment before moving to the crossbows at their hips. Who would be faster?

Init rolls:
Daedin Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Gwerrmet Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Coetis Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Atronia Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Gyrand Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Rilmore Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Thug 1 Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Thug 1 Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
wolf Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Bold may act:

Daedin
Gyrand
Coetis

-------
Thug 1
-------
Rilmore
Atronia
--------
Wolf
--------
Gwerrmet
---------
Thug 2

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn moves 20' north and fires again, at the nearest enforcer...

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Total Damage if confirmed: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 5) + 3 = 16

It may just be me, but I can't move my icon on the map...


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Elven Entanglement Maps

Daedin dashes across the boat, weaving past his friends as he draws another arrow, knocks it, and looses it through the air. His aim is pure and true, and it strikes the second enforcer dead center of his throat, his blood spraying out in a fountain as he slumps to the ground.

Fun note Daedin. Since the bad guy hasn't acted yet this round, he's flat footed, so you get your sneak attack damage to! Not that it's necessary, but sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 3, so 19 damage. :)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Thanks GM, I definitely missed that!

1 to 50 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Glass River Rescue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.