Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pathfinder 5012 (Inactive)

Game Master Zachman08


51 to 100 of 103 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

If Firebottom can find the time at some point during the hiring process, he heads out to pick up a Light Crossbow at some point (before we head off on the next day of that campaign).


From the last moments of play ...

Firebottom watches with widening eyes as the rest of the party goes down. When his partner in multiple crimes goes down first he knows the situation is grim. Then the new dwarf drops. Finally when it's just him and the sorcerer left the goblin makes one more attempt at breathing fire to get out the door then resigns himself to his fate.

When Bregen is knocked unconscious in a single series of blows and he's the last one standing, Firebottom raises his hands high above his head and calls out in his screechy goblin voice, "I SURRENDER! DON'T HURT ME ..."

after everyone else is unconscious:
Firebottom has prided himself on putting his goblin past behind him since coming to Absalom. Watching Sterk and Bregen beaten senseless and unconscious triggers something in his head ... his desire to stay alive!

As the Hellknight strides towards him Firebottom speaks as quickly as he can. "I tell it all. You can have it back! I didn't mean to do it! DON'T HURT ME PLEASE! I HAVE THE KEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!"

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

everybody give me a fortitude and a will save

Firebottom:
The Hellknight looks at you with confusion and the guards quickly jump in and beat you to unconsciousness before you can get anything else out


Fortitude > 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Will > 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Zach:
Can't blame a goblin for trying. Firebottom will conveniently forget he said any of that stuff.


Male Kyton-Spawn Tiefling 5 Sorcerer

Fort > 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Will > 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Right before the the blow that will drop Bregen lands he thinks to himself, "At least this will make for a goo..."


Males Human (Ulfen) Magus (Wordcaster) 6

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Ref: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Fort = 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Will = 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Ok guys here's the boons you get

Greycloak Boons

Confiscated Alchemical Goods
Hattori has provided you with a plethora of smuggled alchemical components. While substandard, these components can be used to make alchemical items at 50% cost. You have 20 “uses” of these components. 1st lvl potions and Alchemical substances take 1 use, 2nd lvl potions take 2, etc.

Greycloak Contact List
Whenever you make port, you may check this book if there are any contacts in the area. There are 3 types of contacts. Information Brokers: will give you a Knowledge(local), Knowledge(History), Knowledge(Nobility), or Appraise check with a bonus of 1/10 the gold you pay them. Merchants will provide you with mundane goods at 50% cost. Mercenaries can be hired to do a job for you (protect the boat, transport a prisoner, guard a building etc.) but payment will depend on the job. You can use this boon as long as you have the list and are in good standing with the Greycloaks.


Males Human (Ulfen) Magus (Wordcaster) 6

Sterk spends most of his time getting supplies before the boat leaves.

After the voyage starts Sterk spends most of his time meditating with with "Zhou," working on the boat and fulfilling his new roll as quartermaster.

He is not unfriendly, or withdrawn and plays any drinking games and joins in on sea shanties with the crew.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Sterk:
After about a week of meditating Zhou asks you to show him your skill with the blade, make 3 melee attack rolls with your highest BAB as you practice your swordsmanship on the deck


Once the voyage gets underway, Firebottom spends a lot of time on deck wandering around and watching how the professional sailors take care of things. When the drunk isn't on deck he tends to linger around with Thyra asking questions about how they're going to get to their destination and how she knews where they're going.

On the second day, in his typical 'ADD' goblin way, he stops mid conversation and bolts down below deck. When he comes back up he has one of the masterwork torturer's knives.

Heading straight back to Thyra on the poop deck he smiles. "I'd almost forgotten. I picked this up for you on our last adventure off the boat. Set the guy on fire to get this!" He hands her the knife and then climbs back up onto the crate he's set up next to get a better view forward.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Firebottom:
Firebottom give me a diplomacy with a +8 (she really likes knives)


Male Kyton-Spawn Tiefling 5 Sorcerer

Before leaving for Tien, Bregen grabs a large sack of gold and platinum and sets off for Elzar's looking to pick us several items. Once he arrives he tries and get the best possible deal.

Zach:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
    I'm looking to buy several things:
  • +1 Heavy Steel Shield for Viet (1170 gp)
  • Scroll of Eagle's Splendor (150 gp)
  • Scroll of Fox's Cunning(150 gp)
  • Materials for a +2 Headband of Vast Intelligence (2000 gp)
  • Materials for a Headband of Alluring Charisma (2000 gp)
I'm going to try and get all of these as cheap as possible by playing to which ever brother I encounter weaknesses with the diplomacy above

Once onboard the ship Bregen spends a good deal of time talking to Mr. Pickles attempting to get to know him better by establishing a common bond. Bregen tries and shares stories about his exploits and his ever growing magical capabilities and attempts to compare his abilities against Mr. Pickles'.

Also during the voyage Bregen will craft both a Headband of Intellect (for Firebottom) and a Headband of Alluring Charisma (for himself).

Spellcraft rolls:
Headband of Vast Intellect (+2): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Headband of Alluring Charisma (+2): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
It will take me 8, 8 hour days to complete both items.

Also I picked up your shield poof.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

For DM eyes only:
1d100 ⇒ 37

Bregen:
Stop reading other people's s~$$. And give me a Perform(oratory) check


M Dwarf Fighter/5

Before leaving Veit finds a nice room within a respectable drunken stupors walk to the kitchen for easy access of the rum rations. Veit has never liked sailing preferring his own two feet for travel rather than anything else and spends the first day getting used to the rock of the ship so that he might not pitched from his feet should an unexpected wave come rolling the boats direction.

On the second day Veit decides to participate in any drinking games the crew might host and tries to chat with Ishmael about his sea shenanigans and talks to the boy "Ray" to try and learn some things about sailing and adopts to calling him "lad" instead. Sometimes with the word "sea" in front as a reference to his, what seems to Veit anyway, unending knowledge of sailing.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Viet:
Give me a Diplomacy check as you talk to the people in friendly conversation or a Fortitude Save as you attempt to drink Ishmael under the table.


M Dwarf Fighter/5

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Males Human (Ulfen) Magus (Wordcaster) 6

Sterk goes on deck and practices with Zhou when its not crowded.

Melee Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Melee Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Melee Attack 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Zach:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Prepare for block text! Firebottom and Bregen will be later this morning

Sterk:
You practice magnificently on the deck of the ship and for a brief moment you become one with your sword. Zhou grudgingly admits that you know how to handle a sword pretty well but gives you a few pointers on where you went wrong. Add this boon to your character sheet.

Boon: Zhou's Instruction pt 1 - Whenever you attack with a heavy blade you get +1 on the attack roll.

Viet:
You're pretty sure you've gone through the ship's entire rum ration by dawn and neither of you have given an inch. But throughout the entire process you have listened to Ishmael's stories of adventure on the high seas. From fighting pirates in the shackles to escaping a kraken in the middle. Through these stories he has sprinkled nautical terms and emergency maneuvers that ships can perform. He has described these situations so vividly that you feel confident you could copy these acts on your own. Add this boon to your character sheet.

Boon: Ishmael's story - gain +1 trait bonus in Profession(sailor). Also when attempting to steer a ship you get an extra +2 on the roll.

For GM Eyes only:

Stark: Zhou +2
Viet: Ishamel +1
Firebottom: Thyra +1
Bregen: Mr. Pickles +1


Greycloak materials:
Using the Greycloak provided materials, during the voyage Firebottom crafts the following:

5 - Cure Moderate Wounds (10 uses)
5 - Cure Light Wounds (5 uses)
5 - Alchemist Fire (5 uses)

Firebottom wraps two of the Cure Moderate Wounds potions and then tucks them into his cluttered backpack. The rest of the potions he places into the ships armory.

Before leaving Absalom Firebottom takes a day to pour over a few new Alchemist formulas he learned during a visit to Elzar's. Finally he comes poking his head out of a hatch and notices Bregen and Sterk having a conversation. Walking up to them he pulls the over-sized pistol he always carries in his belt and levels it at them.

"So guys, it's like this! I've been carrying this thing around with me for weeks now." He says quickly, leveling the barrel of the firearm at them. "I've got this thing and no one has ever asked me if I actually knew how to use it." He pauses, waiting for their reactions, and then carries on even quicker. "Well? Okay, fine! I don't! But I've figured it out. With no lessons at all your friendly neighborhood alchemist figured out how to make exploding bullets.

Still no response from either of them he turns exasperated. "Whatever! I'm taking some money from the ship's coffer and going to buy some bits and pieces. See you later!" And then he wanders off.

Sterk turns to Bregen, "Do you speak goblin? What was he talking about it? And why was he waving around an unloaded gun?"

Crafting:
[ooc]
Firebottom takes 90 pp from the treasury to buy materials to craft 3 potions of Bestow Weapon Proficiency. It will allow him to use the pistol for 5 minutes without a non-proficiency bonus. He crafts the potions down into tiny vials. 2 of them he keeps on himself and the other he wraps in leather and hangs from the ballista ... after instructing the crew not to drink it unless we're under attack and they've been told to use the ballista.

Oleg's journals:
About halfway through the journey, once Firebottom is done with crafting all of the healing potions and alchemist fire he finally sits down with Oleg's journals. He's intent on figuring out what the mad builder was working on. Not sure if it will help, he gulps down a Crafter's Fortune and enlists Gunter to look over his shoulder for support.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Firebottom:
Thyra takes the blade and considers it for a second before tossing it in the air. She then proceeds to catch it, twirl it in her hands and stab the mast, making the blade go right through. She retrieves the dagger lovingly then seems to consider something. Your heart sinks as she walks away but she comes back with a round silver locket the size of a fist on a chain and tosses it at you then walks away. You look it over and find out that it is an ancient wayfinder, a rare magical item from 300 years ago.

Wayfinder:
A small magical device patterned off ancient relics of the Azlanti, a wayfinder is typically made from silver and bears gold accents. With a command word, you can use a wayfinder to shine (as the light spell). The wayfinder also acts as a nonmagical (magnetic) compass, granting you a +2 circumstance bonus on Survival checks to avoid becoming lost. All wayfinders include a small indentation designed to hold a single ioun stone. An ioun stone slotted in this manner grants you its normal benefits (as if it were orbiting your head), but frequently reveals entirely new powers due to the magic of the wayfinder itself.

Do not read, Incomplete!:
You walk in to Elzar's and are greeted by a stern man wearing a top hat and a monocle. Sir Fredrick jkljowienvowi Jr the Third refuses to give you a discount on the grounds that his brother is a "gigantic waste of profit shares" and forces you to pay the full 5470 Gold but you do manage to convince him to throw in 1 extra first level scroll.

You talk to Mr. Pickles throughout the journey relegating stories of your arcane accomplishments and you two start swapping arcane lore. You find out that he


Several hours before leaving ...

Firebottom comes running from below deck in a panic. It's unusual because his arrival was not preceded by an explosion nor is he covered in soot. He immediately runs to the captain's quarters and exits again moments later carrying a large bag of coins.

He glances around as he heads towards the gangplank. He spots the tengu and yells in common, "Don't let them leave without me! I'll be back!"

==========

Sometime later

Firebottom comes back with a sack of coins that is significantly lighter but he's riding a wagon being driven by an old man and pulled by two horses. Two half-orcs (of what look to be fairly low intelligence) ride in the back with their legs dangling off the back of the wagon.

The goblin hops off the wagon and instructs the half-orcs, "Just down through the main hatch and you'll see the galley. Oooo! No, ask for the quartermaster! I'll need to make sure these stay safe on the journey."

Prying open the tops of two huge crates in the back of the wagon the half-orcs start unloading wrapped containers each holding several jars. On the outside of each package in large lettering in several different languages it states clearly: DANGER! GOBLIN PICKLES!

Firebottom looks up at the old man and stretches upwards to shake his hand. "Thank you my friend. This should keep me going for the journey. Yours will be the first shop I visit when we return to Absalom." The goblin then turns to board the ship as the unloading continues. He mutters under his breath, That's assuming the city hasn't been burnt to the ground.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

The old man makes his perception check

Bregen:
You walk in to Elzar's and are greeted by a stern man wearing a top hat and a monocle. Sir Fredrick jkljowienvowi Jr the Third refuses to give you a discount on the grounds that his brother is a "gigantic waste of profit shares" and forces you to pay the full 5470 Gold but you do manage to convince him to throw in 1 extra first level scroll.

You talk to Mr. Pickles throughout the journey relegating stories of your arcane accomplishments and you two start swapping arcane lore. You find out that he used to be a wizard's familiar before learning of his half-dragon heritage (red dragon on his father's side). Implications are....unpleasant. Record the following boon on your character sheet.

Mr. Pickles' Second Hand Knowledge = Once per session (as long as you have access to Mr. Pickles)you can have Mr. Pickles do a knowledge check for you.


Just thought about this one ...

Firebottom spends one of the last days of the voyage going through Sterk's on-board library trying to find any information he can about goblins or goblinoids in Tian Xia.

rolls:

Knowledge (History) > 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Knowledge (Nature) > 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Human Game Master 14 / Computer Tech 8 / Programmer 1

Ratfolk hp:

lvl 2 1d8 ⇒ 5
lvl 3 1d8 ⇒ 3
lvl 4 1d8 ⇒ 6
lvl 5 1d8 ⇒ 3

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Ok so you guys have the night to rest and then the next morning you go out and buy your gear to start trekking up the mountains. What are you guys going to buy? (EX. Climbing Gear, Rations, Pack Mule, a GUIDE OR a MAP, etc.)


Firebottom is very much in favor of picking up all of that stuff. Can we get a yak someplace? That would make for a great pack animal and then we could eat it if something kills it. What kind of weather should we be expecting?

Rolls for whatever I might need to know:
Knowledge (History) > 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Knowledge (Local) > 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Knowledge (Nature) > 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Firebottom:
You can find a pack yak for about 2 gp. Also weather will be sunny with a slight breeze...wait...its going to be freezing cold with a blistering storm


M Dwarf Fighter/5

Early in the morning Veit goes out into town looking for any dwarven run taverns in the hopes of finding some Dwarven Holy Water(Ale). Veit thinks to himself 'Can't go out without some skins o holy water. I'll find me a big ol rock later ta keep me from floating into that durn sky thing.'

if i can't find any dwarves about i'll go back to the inn to find Sterk (i think he's the one who speaks the native language), to help me get a map, climbing gear, blankets, and rations.


M Dwarf Fighter/5

Veit also consults the rest of the party on whether we have enough gold to buy him some Full-Plate or not.


I couldn't remember if we eneded up back at the ship or not but either way Firebottom would enlist Yoshimoto's help.

The following morning Firebottom heads off early with Yoshimoto in tail to help out with translation and finding new and interesting things to eat.

A few hours later the duo returns with the goblin fully decked out in local garb. Firebottom has shed his ratty explorer's cloak and now wears a well-cut coat in bright colors.

Yoshimoto is a few paces behind the goblin and behind him on a short leash is a big furry yak laden down with supplies. Firebottom calls out to the rest of the party, "I picked up some stuff!"

The yak would be laden down with whatever else we needed that Veit wasn't able to pick up on his shopping trip. Firebottom would have made sure to pick up cold weather gear for the group also - heavy cloaks, a few tents, etc. Also grabbed himself a nicely tailored cold weather coat with over-sized hood. Zach - Let me know what you're thinking of for pricing.


Quick rundown of costs. The yak, cold weather gear (furs and snow shoes) and two medium tents will cost 100 gp. We all okay with that? I didn't remove any money from the ship inventory.


Male Kyton-Spawn Tiefling 5 Sorcerer

I'm fine with the 100gp for the equipment. Also I think we should pawn off a plunder so we can pick up Viet some Full Plate or we could just use some of the gold we have lying around (but we should get it masterwork quality so we can make it a +1 later).


Bregen wrote:
I'm fine with the 100gp for the equipment. Also I think we should pawn off a plunder so we can pick up Viet some Full Plate or we could just use some of the gold we have lying around (but we should get it masterwork quality so we can make it a +1 later).

Works for me. I'll go ahead and remove 10 pp from the ship inventory for the adventuring equipment Firebottom picked up.


Sorry for all the Firebottom posts but I wanted to make this "official" before the expedition leaves.

Not quite sure how long he's going to be away from the Chum Guzzler, Firebottom packs up the portable alchemist kit. Peering through the clutter of his lab he snatches up the three remaining vials of superior alchemist fire that he hadn't already planned on including in his adventuring gear. He carefully wraps the vials in thick cloth while singing a goblin tune about burning down Absalom. Once he's confident the vials are secure he slips them into a simple sack and stows them with the portable kit.

Slipping out of the lab with his extra gear he stops by the armory. He slips his two Dogslicer blades out of his belt and lovingly places them alongside all the other shining gear. In their place he leaves the twin of the masterwork blade he'd given to Thyra. The goblin also grabs 3 quivers of crossbow bolts.

Once back on the dock he lashes all of the extra gear onto the yak and pats the animal on the head affectionately.

He seeks out Sterk and Bregen, not completely certain if he should consult Veit and the ratling on these kinds of things yet. "What would you guys thing about asking Yoshimoto along on this quest? He doesn't have much of a memory back in Absalom but he seemed comfortable in town yesterday. It could be helpful to have a native speaker along."


M Dwarf Fighter/5
Firebottomstik wrote:
Bregen wrote:
I'm fine with the 100gp for the equipment. Also I think we should pawn off a plunder so we can pick up Viet some Full Plate or we could just use some of the gold we have lying around (but we should get it masterwork quality so we can make it a +1 later).
Works for me. I'll go ahead and remove 10 pp from the ship inventory for the adventuring equipment Firebottom picked up.

Sounds good. The yak is a great idea. I'll need zach to tell me how much the other provisions are going to cost. Masterwork Full-Plate would be awesome as well. It'll bump my AC up quite a bit.


Back on the Chum Guzzler Firebottom checks in with Zoidberg to see how he's doing on the ship. Feeling a bit more comfortable with larger firearms, the goblin takes the intelligent musket up onto deck to see if he wouldn't mind letting him practice some distance shots.

Firebottom is taking this ship turn to get to know Zoidberg better and see if he'd be interested in coming along on the next portion of the Tian Xi adventure.


Jumping ahead to just before we head off for the next round of adventure ...

Firebottom asks around to the other party members. "Anyone interested in a potion? Didn't end up needing these against the yeti up at the temple." He kind of glances from side to side, not really wanting to have to explain to the rest of the ship's crew as to why the party didn't need the potions to fight a hoard of yeti.

"Two potions of Fire Breath up for grabs!"

Fire Breath stats:

Fire Breath
Range 15 ft.
Area cone-shaped burst
Duration 1 round/level or until discharged; see text
Saving Throw Reflex half; see text; Spell Resistance yes
Up to thrice during this spell's duration, you can belch forth a cone of fire as a standard action. The first cone deals 4d6 points of fire damage to every creature in the area. The second cone of flame deals 2d6 points of fire damage to every creature in the area. The third cone of flame deals 1d6 points of fire damage to every creature in the area. A successful Reflex save halves this damage. After the third cone of flame, the spell ends.


Male Human 6 Razmiran Priest

After spending some time with his new adventuring group and trying to gain their trust, Hoban gathers up the ship swag and heads off to the market. He looks around and tries to make the best deals that he possibly can. 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30

Note: I'll let you know what we are trying to sell Zach after we have finished organizing the inventory. Also I will do my ship action later this week.


With a few days of downtime after the magical tower encounters Firebottom grabs Swish-Swish and brings him below deck to discuss explosives. Since the goblin had heard rumors about the kobold's ability to get a little more explosion out of a cannon Firebottom takes some time to show how his alchemist bombs are put together.

In Draconic "... and that's it. Now it's a bomb and ready to explode. What do you think?"

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Swish-Swish lights the fuse with glee, give me a reflex check


1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Buuuuuut .... "An alchemist's bomb, like an extract, becomes inert if used or carried by anyone else." It doesn't actually have a fuse, it's just a little test tube kind of thing.


M Dwarf Fighter/5

Veit spends most of his time in his room with the curtains drawn and door locked. He looks around his room with nervous glances making sure no one is around to see what he's doing. The "Dwarves Only" sign on his door doesn't stop Veit from thinking that others might be around even though he has checked the entirety of the room multiple times. Finally with nerves tense he opens his hands to marvel at all the gems he's collected thus far. With darting glances he puts his gems back in his bag under his plate. Then, ever so secretly, Veit begins to make false bottoms for the chest of the previous owner of the room and also a false bottom in the nice box he had recently picked up.


Males Human (Ulfen) Magus (Wordcaster) 6

Sterk drops by the inventory and grabs a musket and the the broken scope. He grabs a bit of supplies out of the cargo hold and returns to his room. He goes about making the shot and cutting the powder into precise piles. He then combines them into charges with paper and seals up all 30 of them with beeswax.

Zack:

Restoring a Broken Firearm: Each day, with an hour’s worth of work, you can use this feat to repair a single firearm with the broken condition. You can take time during a rest period to restore a broken firearm with this feat.

He then disassembles the scope, taking it apart replacing a lens and reshaping the housing. After an hour worth of work he has functioning scope. It still needs a bit of calibration but its functional. He is about to attach it to the musket when he thinks, "Firebottom as a long-arm now... Maybe he will want the scope..."

Sterk takes the scope over to Firebottom's room with his tools, dropping the musket and 30 alchemist shots off at the armory on the way. He knocks on the large false door...


After a few moments of listening to various knocks and bangs from the other side of Firebottom's lab door, Sterk looks down as the actual miniature door set inside of the larger human-size door opens.

"Hey big guy," Firebottom coughs out, puffs of smoke billowing off of his body. The goblin spies the scope in Sterk's hands. "Whatcha got there?" He leans back into the lab and whispers, "Zoidberg, I think you're going to like this."

What advantage does the scope give?


Male Human 6 Razmiran Priest

While on board his new home Hoban introduces himself to his new crew mates. He attempts to establish a decent standing with as many individuals as he can and assures the crew that he will not preach to them unless they ask. He especially tries to win over Sterk, sensing that he started out on the wrong foot with him. He assures him that he will attempt to make his beliefs as little of an obstacle as possible.

So I was going to RP the Dazzling Display as Hoban chastising and intimidating people about his religion but I didn't like how that was going. So now when I use Dazzling Display it will just be that he is coursing with magical energy like we talked about Zach.

Zach:

After hearing about the resident Sorcerer aboard the Chum Guzzler, Hoban seeks out Mr. Pickles. After finding and introducing himself to Mr. Pickles, Hoban attempts to establish a relationship between himself and the cat. Hoban attempts to improve his standing with his fellow Sorcerer by displaying his magical might (Dazzling Display) and by talking with Mr. Pickles in a friendly and respectful matter.


Males Human (Ulfen) Magus (Wordcaster) 6

"Hi my little goblin friend. I was wondering if you wanted me to attach this scope to your new gun?"

After about 15 min of squeezing into Firebottom's lab and small talk. Sterk attaches the the scope to Zoidberg. Sterk also gives Firebottom 15 paper alchemical cartridge. "There are more in the armory if you need them my goblin friend." Sterk pats Firebottom heavily on the shoulder and squeeze's out of the lab.

To be honest, I'm not sure. I think you ignore the first increment penalty or you get a bonus to hit if beyond the first range increment something like that. Zack told us but I didn't write it down.


Males Human (Ulfen) Magus (Wordcaster) 6

Sterk is sitting on a stool in the storage area, knee deep in tangled and frayed rope. When Hoban approaches Sterk and explains himself, Sterk laughs at him.

"Hard feelings?! Ha! If you pull your weight you can worship Otyugh waste for all I care."

Sterk stands up for a moment, and straightens his back. He looks at Hoban and speaks to him in a serious tone.

"I just don't want to here any complaints from the crew about you being preachy. You get too preachy and I'll throw you off the boat myself... Regardless if we are at port or not..."

Sterk lets that last comment hang in the air for a few seconds. He then smiles and hands him a jumble of rope.

"Help me coil and repair these ropes."

Sterk takes a seat and slides a stool over to Hoban. Its clearly not a request.


Male Human 6 Razmiran Priest
Sterk wrote:


"Help me coil and repair these ropes."

Sterk takes a seat and slides a stool over to Hoban. Its clearly not a request.

Realizing that it is not a request Hoban gladly picks up some ropes and begins to help. Looking at Sterk he says:

"You wont have any problems from me. And I will gladly assist you and your other crew members in any way that I can, just let me know and I will give it my best shot."

51 to 100 of 103 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Opening Act All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.