Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pathfinder 5012 (Inactive)

Game Master Zachman08


251 to 289 of 289 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Level 6 hit points > 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human 1

Level 6 Hit dice 1d8 ⇒ 8


Males Human (Ulfen) Magus (Wordcaster) 6

Level 6 hp > 1d8 ⇒ 4


Anyone opposed to cashing in the two points of plunder (appx 2,000 gp), selling the shell and gems, and divvying up the loot from the mountain adventure. And we've got that keen rapier +1 (8320 gp)just taking up room in the ship armory.

The reason I ask, Firebottom wants to buy a Handy Haversack which runs at 2,000 gp. He's always at the edge of medium encumbrance and I plan on turning into a potion factory whenever we have free time - Comprehend Languages, Expeditious Retreat, False Life, Invisibility, etc.

I mean, come on, who doesn't want an extra 1d10+6 hit points or a plus +20 to their stealth? All hail the walking apothecary!

Taldor

MJinthePitt wrote:

Anyone opposed to cashing in the two points of plunder (appx 2,000 gp), selling the shell and gems, and divvying up the loot from the mountain adventure. And we've got that keen rapier +1 (8320 gp)just taking up room in the ship armory.

The reason I ask, Firebottom wants to buy a Handy Haversack which runs at 2,000 gp. He's always at the edge of medium encumbrance and I plan on turning into a potion factory whenever we have free time - Comprehend Languages, Expeditious Retreat, False Life, Invisibility, etc.

I mean, come on, who doesn't want an extra 1d10+6 hit points or a plus +20 to their stealth? All hail the walking apothecary!

That sounds good to me, even though I know I'm not a crew member right now and technically have no say. Also, some potions of bestow weapon proficency would be nice as well if you could conjure some of those up.

Taldor

Also, can someone give me a run down of what happened last night? Sorry I couldn't make it, I was taking pictures for a wedding.


Bregen's Memorial

Taldor

MJinthePitt wrote:
Bregen's Memorial

Woot.


Please Don't Kill Me wrote:
Also, can someone give me a run down of what happened last night? Sorry I couldn't make it, I was taking pictures for a wedding.

So yeah, I'd written up a kind of funny recap as Firebottom ... then paizo.com got wonky and it got lost.

Short of it ... We killed a witch and two yeti. 45 other yeti killed a temple full of refugees and monks (who were probably waiting on us to show up and protect them).

The braid artifact was partially reactivated. So really, mission accomplished!

Taldor

MJinthePitt wrote:
Please Don't Kill Me wrote:
Also, can someone give me a run down of what happened last night? Sorry I couldn't make it, I was taking pictures for a wedding.

So yeah, I'd written up a kind of funny recap as Firebottom ... then paizo.com got wonky and it got lost.

Short of it ... We killed a witch and two yeti. 45 other yeti killed a temple full of refugees and monks (who were probably waiting on us to show up and protect them).

The braid artifact was partially reactivated. So really, mission accomplished!

Did you figure out what it is supposed to do yet?


Please Don't Kill Me wrote:
MJinthePitt wrote:
Please Don't Kill Me wrote:
Also, can someone give me a run down of what happened last night? Sorry I couldn't make it, I was taking pictures for a wedding.

So yeah, I'd written up a kind of funny recap as Firebottom ... then paizo.com got wonky and it got lost.

Short of it ... We killed a witch and two yeti. 45 other yeti killed a temple full of refugees and monks (who were probably waiting on us to show up and protect them).

The braid artifact was partially reactivated. So really, mission accomplished!

Did you figure out what it is supposed to do yet?

It gave Viet (who picked it up) a small ki pool and I think some access to martial abilities. The guardian was smashed to bits when we got back to the temple. We headed straight back to the city after that.

Taldor

MJinthePitt wrote:
Please Don't Kill Me wrote:
MJinthePitt wrote:
Please Don't Kill Me wrote:
Also, can someone give me a run down of what happened last night? Sorry I couldn't make it, I was taking pictures for a wedding.

So yeah, I'd written up a kind of funny recap as Firebottom ... then paizo.com got wonky and it got lost.

Short of it ... We killed a witch and two yeti. 45 other yeti killed a temple full of refugees and monks (who were probably waiting on us to show up and protect them).

The braid artifact was partially reactivated. So really, mission accomplished!

Did you figure out what it is supposed to do yet?
It gave Viet (who picked it up) a small ki pool and I think some access to martial abilities. The guardian was smashed to bits when we got back to the temple. We headed straight back to the city after that.

Very cool, except the Guardian being smashed I guess.


Male Human 6 Razmiran Priest

Lvl 2 HP roll: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Lvl 3 HP roll: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Lvl 4 HP roll: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Lvl 5 HP roll: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Lvl 6 HP roll: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Edit: Well all of those rolls blew beyond belief, so I'm taking 3 on Lvl 3 and 6 HP rolls.

Taldor

Zach:
So none of these items are crazy, in fact most of them are premade items with the exception of the Headband and the Vest of Spellcraft. The Vest was made using the rules that we had established for the Gloves of Spellcraft. The Headband is priced the same way as all of the other headbands (Bonus Squared*1000). If you have a problem with any of these just let me know and I will change it. But like I said I didn't do anything crazy.

Handy Haversack: 2000gp 5lbs. CL 9th; Secret Chest, 1000gp
DC 14, 19 without Secret Chest

Craft Check:
I do not have Secret Chest so the DC is 19. I am using my Vest of Spellcraft to crete this item and a Scroll of Crafter's Fortune. 1d20 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 5 = 25

Circlet of Persuasion: CL 5th –lbs. 4500gp; Eagle’s Splendor, 2250gp
DC 10, 15 without Eagle’s Splendor

Craft Check:
I do not have Eagle's Splendor so the DC is 15. I am using my Vest of Spellcraft to crete this item and a Scroll of Crafter's Fortune. 1d20 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 5 = 22

Headband of Alluring Charisma (+3): CL 8th 9000gp; Eagle’s Splendor, 4500gp
DC 13, 18 without Eagle’s Splendor

Craft Check:
I do not have Eagle's Splendor so the DC is 18. I am using my Vest of Spellcraft to crete this item. 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Belt of Incredible Dexterity (+2): 1lbs. CL 8th 4000gp; Cat’s Grace, 2000gp
DC 13, 18 without Cat’s Grace

Craft Check:
I do not have Eagle's Splendor so the DC is 18. I am using my Vest of Spellcraft to crete this item and a Scroll of Crafter's Fortune. 1d20 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 5 = 27

Vest of Spellcraft: CL 5th 1lbs. 2500gp; Guidance, 1250gp
This item gives the wearer a +5 enchantment bonus on all spellcraft checks
DC 10, 15 without Guidance

Craft Check:
This is the first item I am crafting. I have guidance on my spell list so the DC is 10. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Chris ... We still have the headband of charisma from before. No one scooped it up after we looted Bregen's corpse. Firebottom took the Ring of Resistance +1 and crafting gloves.

All ... Since I wanted to get Firebottom ready for Thursday night's game, I'm going to assume we're able to come up with 2,000 gp from the loot we got on the way to the temple.

Magic Item availability:
Zach, here's my roll to see if a Handy Haversack is available in the city - 1d20 ⇒ 20

Taldor

MJinthePitt wrote:

Chris ... We still have the headband of charisma from before. No one scooped it up after we looted Bregen's corpse. Firebottom took the Ring of Resistance +1 and crafting gloves.

All ... Since I wanted to get Firebottom ready for Thursday night's game, I'm going to assume we're able to come up with 2,000 gp from the loot we got on the way to the temple.

** spoiler omitted **

I had assumed my headband was gone. However, it really doesn't matter because since both of them where crafted we can sell them back for the cost I crafted them at so the party does not loose any money. Also I couldn't bring myself to use an item I know you guys have when making my character, it feels too MetaGamey. Especially after Zach was nice enough to give me a decent amount of gp to start with.

Also if you guys want to see my new character here is a link. I only need to post my backstory (which I already have), spend some more gp, and pick a couple of spells. If you guys have any critiques or suggestions for my character before tomorrow please let me know. Also I need ideas for spell selection, I was going to go debuff this time.

Zach: I also forgot to add my MW Artisan Tool bonus to all my Craft Checks, that boosts each result by +2.


Please Don't Kill Me wrote:

I had assumed my headband was gone. However, it really doesn't matter because since both of them where crafted we can sell them back for the cost I crafted them at so the party does not loose any money. Also I couldn't bring myself to use an item I know you guys have when making my character, it feels too MetaGamey. Especially after Zach was nice enough to give me a decent amount of gp to start with.

Also if you guys want to see my new character here is a link. I only need to post my backstory (which I already have), spend some more gp, and pick a couple of spells. If you guys have any critiques or suggestions for my character before tomorrow please let me know. Also I need ideas for spell selection, I was going to go debuff this time.

Oh yeah, there was no way you were getting the ring back from Firebottom!

Firebottom: "Oh, you're Bregen's cousin and he willed his magic items to you? Sorry, we had to burn those too. This ring? Nope, I've had it for a while now. Definitely not Bregen's."

Taldor

Firebottom: "Oh, you're Bregen's cousin and he willed his magic items to you? Sorry, we had to burn those too. This ring? Nope, I've had it for a while now. Definitely not Bregen's."

"But isn't that his name carved into the side of your ring there?


Please Don't Kill Me wrote:
Firebottom: "Oh, you're Bregen's cousin and he willed his magic items to you? Sorry, we had to burn those too. This ring? Nope, I've had it for a while now. Definitely not Bregen's."
"But isn't that his name carved into the side of your ring there?

"SHUT UP! Bregen meant a lot ... He ... NEVERMIND!" Firebottom walks off sheepishly.


chris, get on skype!


MapTool version issue get worked out for tonight?


M Dwarf Fighter/5

Drank Ishmael under the table


I will try and make it this Thursday. I am moving cross country on Wednesday but am stopping at a friends house along the way. I will be at her house sometime Wednesday night so i should be able to make it.


Regarding the ship inventory ... I moved the artisan tools from the To Sell column into Firebottom's lab. On the voyage back to Absalom (or wherever the next leg of the adventure takes us) I plan on trying to craft a Construct of some kind in addition to spending a few hours ever day brewing potions.

In the spoiler is a list of all of the alchemist formulae possible. Firebottom doesn't currently have access to all of the 1st and 2nd level stuff of course but we might be able to find a scroll of it before the voyage back. If anyone sees something on there that they'd like brewed up, let me know and we can work it out.

Alchemist Formulae:

1st-Level Alchemist Formulae—ant haul, bomber's eye, comprehend languages, crafter's fortune, cure light wounds, detect secret doors, detect undead, disguise self, endure elements, enlarge person, expeditious retreat, identify, jump, keen senses, negate aroma, reduce person, shield, stone fist, touch of the sea, true strike.

2nd-Level Alchemist Formulae—aid, alchemical allocation, alter self, barkskin, bear's endurance, blur, bull's strength, cat's grace, cure moderate wounds, darkvision, delay poison, detect thoughts, eagle's splendor, elemental touch, false life, fire breath, fox's cunning, invisibility, levitate, owl's wisdom, perceive cues, protection from arrows, resist energy, restoration (lesser), see invisibility, spider climb, transmute potion to poison*, undetectable alignment, vomit swarm.

Ultimate Combat formulae

Ultimate Magic formulae


Hey guys, I'm going to be a little late on Thursday evening. I've got to pick up my pup and should be around no later that 9:30 but probably sooner. Plan on getting started at the "normal" time and I'll jump in when I get home.

Taldor

Okay, so sorry for the late notice but I won't be on until around 6. Also what version of Maptools do I need to download?


I'm pretty sure we're going with 1.3.b87

Taldor

Poof wrote:
I'm pretty sure we're going with 1.3.b87

Thanks Poof.


Poof wrote:
I'm pretty sure we're going with 1.3.b87

Oh crap, I'd forgotten about that. I'll do that first thing when I get home after picking up the dog. I'll be on Skype before I've got Maptools running.


We've got an awesome cliffhanger ...

Two members of the party are in jail ... along with an amnesiac member of our crew who had his sword stolen by ninja .... the three free members of the party almost got killed by a mysterious samurai ... and our contact and his bodyguard have been slaughtered.

Not a bad way to leave the campaign for now!!!

Taldor

So the whole 98% of magical items not working... how does that effect magical items the party has/wishes to acquire?


Soooooo ... Alchemist abilities still work?

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

Yep they still work just fine


Zachman08 wrote:
Yep they still work just fine

But?

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (I think) Student 3/Bum 1

You still have the same general spell restrictions as everyone else.


Zachman08 wrote:
You still have the same general spell restrictions as everyone else.

Haha. The "but?" was a link.


Zach, do you want to start using these threads to talk about the new campaign or start a whole new set? I wouldn't want to mix up too much discussion in the BurritoMaker threads since we'll be able to use those boards for Kingdom building, etc.

Taldor

Thread was marked inactive so I'm posting to make sure it doesn't get locked in the future.


FIREBOTTOM BOMBS AGAIN!

251 to 289 of 289 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Pathfinder 5012 Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.