Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Palace of the Vampire Queen

Game Master Terquem

On the Dwarven Island of Karrita Morianna the daughter of the King has been taken by an undead horde, and her whereabouts are unknown. Current Map


501 to 550 of 1,768 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

"Theses things come back every night? Damn. Never mind, just hack 'em t' bits."


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

"I've got five pints of oil, if ye need it." Rownig announces as he cleans his twin axes. "Gonna be a long night...we need to be finding the origin tom'rrow."


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

"Looks like they had th' right idea 'bout puttin' 'em in cages"


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"I'm surprised that anyone is still here with these things, no matter how crazy Exanames was. And you used to fight things like these Hallister?"


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

"Not too many of these sorts, fortunately. Only had t' deal with anything like this once before. We managed t' lure it into a catacomb an' lock it in an old prison cell, then wall th' whole thing off. Its probably still down there. Takes really bad stuff t' keep 'em coming back like this. If we had more time, I'd say our best bet would be t' subdue 'em one at a time an' fit 'em with the slave chains an' collars. Basically, just link 'em all together', toss 'em down a mine shaft an' seal it off."


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

"Mazrim, Hal ye think these creatures fit in da riddle we 'eard before we left the capital or is this a side mission?" He pauses, "Don't matter much to me, can't be leavin' 'em roaming da countryside."


HP: 13/18 AC 12/10/12: F+5, R +0 W+6, Per:+3, Init: +0

"Wot tha 'ell are ye ninnies prattlin' about? Thar's bloody corpses walkin' that need a good puttin' down!"

Just making sure you guys know I'm still here and trying to turn Player knowledge into Character knowledge.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"What did that elder call them? The never dead, the undying. Something like that? You could be right Rownig, maybe this is more related to our mission than we previous thought.


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

Still working with Mazrim as he talks, Hallister keeps knocking the undead creatures down so they can be dismembered and beheaded.

"Aye. Good on ye, Rownig. Lass, we'll fill ye in once we're done 'ere."


male

The three zombies left in the camp are easily dispatched, but several of the bandits begin to voice concerns over what is to be done with the bodies.

Stropos has been talking with Galana and Voranzil, and the three of them approach Hallister.

Galana steps forward and holds her hands out to her sides and says, “Stropos has been telling us that we are going to need to throw the bodies over the walls, or something. Now it sounds like, in the past few weeks, the people here have worked hard at not destroying these walkin undead, because for some reason they all shamble off well before sun up, as if something is calling them, but if you take one out, during the night, it turns into a whole fresh corpse at sunrise, even if you burn the remains. And when the sun sets again, the corpse gets right up like nothing ever happened to it. It looks like we had no choice here, but these four are going to be right where we leave them tomorrow night, unless we get some volunteers to haul the bodies off in the morning, but it really does sound like it won’t matter.”

She goes on, “Orson is taking care of Tanner, she’s taking the death of her father pretty good, I guess, but who knows how she’ll feel tomorrow, or the next day. The best thing we can do is get her to her mother as soon as we can, which is the same place you folks are headed. We’re going to take turns helping to keep the ones outside from getting in, and try to get some sleep. In the morning, we’ll set out for Eight Fountain Springs. It’s only a few hours walk, even pulling a cart with Turrand’s body on it, but we’ll need to be rested ‘cause it is a good uphill walk.”

Azram approaches Rownig and says, “I’m going to turn in, and have someone wake me a few hours before dawn so that I can prepare for tomorrow.”

Atharessa walks up to Mazrim and says, “I’ll take a turn on the wall, now, if you want to turn in and get some sleep, or we can switch, whatever works for you.”

Moralane stands behind Hallister while Galana talks to him, saying nothing.

Unless anyone has a question for one of the NPCs or needs to spell out a specific plan, the bandits will drag the dismembered zombies out of the way, some will turn in and others will stay near the barricade, occasionally pushing zombies back with long poles. Three or four hours before sun up, the zombies will begin to leave. Anyone watching them will notice they all move in random directions, and it is unclear where they might be going to. Once the sun rises, the zombie in the gibbet, as well as the two Dwarven zombies and the human zombie return to a fresh corpse state. However, their clothing does not regenerate. Their bodies look as they did on they day they died. The two Dwarven zombies have bite wounds on their arms and shoulders, but the human corpse shows no signs of physical injury at all, he appears as a handsome drowned man. It will be morning, and the party can set out for Eight Fountain Springs immediately, or take some actions in the camp if they think of things they need to do.


HP: 13/18 AC 12/10/12: F+5, R +0 W+6, Per:+3, Init: +0

Luca leaves the wall a little while after everything settles she finds Ingot and makes she's safe before falling into a dreamless sleep. One arm wraps protectively around the little goblin while her other hand grips her hammer tight.

She wakes up a few hours before dawn and begins the morning ritual that had been denied to her for so long. She prays as she starts a fire in the bloomery. Muscles flexing as bellows blow and her skin shines in the angry light. After finishing, she wakes Ingot and begins teaching the little Goblin about her faith and her trade.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"That's okay Atharessa, you get some sleep. I doubt I could get any sleep right now, my blood's still up." Mazrim will stay up for a little while longer before finally turning in.


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

"Wait, so after they take one out, they just heave it back over th' wall to fight it again th' next night? Who th' hell's bone-headed plan was that?"

"Every single one that goes down t'night, we're gonna chain together. We got plenty o' slave chain. I want every last corpse shackled, each ankle to th' next one's wrist. Tomorrow night, if they want t' get up an' dance around, they'll have to try t' do it wit' half of 'em upside down."

"Once they're chained in a line, drag the ends together. We're gonna make 'em into a disgusting looped daisy chain and hook 'em t' somethin' heavy as hell, like a spare anvil or th' like', an' lock 'em in th' slave quarters. That aught t' be enough t' keep 'em outta people's hair t'morrow."

Hearing that a few of the dwarves had been bit, Hal looks grim. "Galena, those folks that got bit, they need t' go see Luca an' Azram right away, an' then they need t' be watched close. If they get sick an' die from those bites, there's a good chance they'll become one o' them."

Turning to Moralane, Hal smiles. "You did damn good tonight. Catch some rest while y' can."


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig will bid Azram a good night's rest and reassure him he will be woken for his morning prayers. He will then walk the wall, to make sure it is properly guarded and secured. When all is relatively peaceful again he will find a area to hunker down and catch some sleep.


male

A few hours before dawn, the undead horde begins to shuffle off. Some of the undead wander away from the camp in different directions, but the bulk of them, some twenty to thirty of them, all move together toward the south.

When Hallister explains the stupidity of the bandits in not taking action to control the undead that have been brought down at the camp walls, several of the ex-bandits shrug their shoulders while others blame each other for not doing something like he suggested earlier. Stropos organizes a team of ex-bandits who, just as the sun is over the mountains in the east, make quick work of rounding up the bodies of the fallen undead, and using a half dozen of the chains and locks once used on the slaves, they do as Hallister suggested, chaining hand to foot, the bodies. As a precaution, the one ex-bandit who was killed at the breach is also chained to the undead instead of being cremated.

In the morning, Exanames, who had been cremated the night before, does not reappear as a corpse. Turrand does not raise from the dead. Galana and Voranzil load Turrand’s body onto a two wheeled cart and make preparations to leave within the hour, after a small meal of rations.

Helgen and Orson have talked through the night with Stropos, and it is their intention to take three of the ex-bandits, who were overpowered and captured while they slept, back to the capitol for a reward (These are Dwarves that Stropos assures you all are very dangerous individuals with murderous intentions, who cannot be trusted).

Atharessa, Moralane, and Azram make ready to leave the camp as soon as Hallister, Mazrim and Rownig are ready to go. Galana will lead you the rest of the way to the village of Eight Fountain Springs.

The camp is earily silent. The Dwarven bandit who had been gibbeted is once again a fresh corpse. His face is serene in death, and all signs that he was once animated are gone. The ex-bandits, now led by Stropos, turn out to thank the party for everything they have donw, and present them with a simple wooden box, now wrapped in several linked together short chains and locks, and the keys. Strops tells you that the scimitar and necklace are in the box and he does not want them to remain in the camp and begs you to take the artifacts with you. He tells you that he will send a few men to scout the mine, and if the party returns after visiting the village, he will tell them what they know about the conditions at the mine.

It is the first morning since you left the capital, day two of your journey.


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

"Is this th' box they were found in?" Hal asks pointedly.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig simply takes in the morning movements and actions of others while he contemplates the situation. Eventually he will approach Hal, Mazrim and Luca "We should find th' source fer th' unholiness." He puffs his pipe, "Seems ti fit the riddle we 'eard."


male

It is not the original box.

None of the ex-bandits will risk a journey back to the mine to recover the original box. Most of the ex-bandits believe the undead are drawn to the cursed items. Taking the items away from the camp will be good for them, and bad for anyone in possession of the items.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"I agree but I think first we should get these people to town. Then we can go to the mines and investigate."


HP: 13/18 AC 12/10/12: F+5, R +0 W+6, Per:+3, Init: +0

"Investigate? I thought we're goin' ta stop this lunacy."


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

"Aye. We are. Mazrim's right though. We need t' git these people outta this place. Most o' them ain't fighters an' there ain't no more food. We c'n ask fer vollunteers t' help man th' walls when we drop folks off."

"What ah'm worried 'bout 're Exanamus' toys. All this started when they opened tha' chest in th' mine. I'd bet good money tha' these shamblin' corpses 're drawn t' th' necklace, or the sword, an' if'n we take 'em t' Eight Fountain Springs we're jus' gonna be passin' these troubles on t' them. Ah want th' chest they pulled 'em out of. Ah'm bettin' it c'n seal 'em away the way their supposed t' be sealed."

"Might be worth it t' split up. Ah'm willin' t' lock m'self in some cage fer th' night wit' this blasted box, an' just sleep through them undead tryin' t' git at me. If'n you folks c'n git these people t' Eight Fountains, git supplies an' anyone willin' t' help an git back 'ere b'fore nightfall t'morrow, Ah should be fine."


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig looks at Hal, Lucca and Mazrim, "Don't think it be wise t'stay be yerself but da folks need to git movin'...sooner, rather than later." He puffs his pipe, "How far is Eight Fountains, I can make sure they git there and load up on oil."


HP: 13/18 AC 12/10/12: F+5, R +0 W+6, Per:+3, Init: +0

"Are ye sure that's the best plan? Rownig's right we need ta get movin', boot I'm not comfortable leavin' anyone locked oop surrounded by them walkin' corpses."


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

[b]"We should go together but make sure we are far away from the town before nightfall, or we can try and bury them until we return."[b]


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

"We can't take 'em t' Eight Fountains, an' we can't jus' leave 'em 'ere. Someone's got t' stay wit 'em. Anyone got a better idea?"


male

Azram joins the conversation. There is a look of consternation on his face, and he speaks slowly, almost as though he were trying to figure out what his thoughts mean by saying them aloud.

“I don’t know. While the rest of you were getting ready this morning, I attempted to detect the presence of these evil spirits bound to the cursed items, and, well, I don’t know any other way to say it other than this. They are not evil. The items have powerful macigal auras, but do not radiate evil. I think that the evil came from Exanames, and there was something about the possession of him that pushed him over the edge. There is a strong connection to the negative material plane, something I think is meant to bind the spirits of the dead to these items, and that explains why Luca’s channeling was effective against the spirits. There is no doubt in my mind that the items are cursed, and that anyone who touches them risks being possessed by the spirits of the dead, but I don’t detect any evil.”

Atharessa listens intently to Azram andthen turns to Hallister, “I think that you are right. We can’t leave those things unguarded. Not here, and taking them to this village seems like a bad way to introduce ourselves to them. If I remember right, aren’t we going to this village to get clues to the location of the place where the undead originate? Aren’t we supposed to find some place where the water rises before it can fall, or something like that?”

“Yes, Atharessa is right. We are looking for the place, you know,” Azram looks around carefully to see if anyone outside of your group is listening, and his eyes fall on Luca. “The place the old grand father told us about in his profacy.”

“So it was a prophecy that was spoken at the restaurant,” Moralane joins in the conversation. “There were some, some of my father’s retinue, who were speaking in whispers at the inn that night. When they told me I was to join Hallister in the morning, they spoke solemly and I overheard one of the guards mention an oracle who is well known in the capitol who spoke to the three of you. Did you write down his words? I’ve always heard that the prophecies of these kinds of old ones are very important.”

“No, unfortunately we didn’t,” Azram says. “But I remember some of it. Perhaps later on, I can get together with Atharessa and together we can try to reconstruct what was said. I know she was there, and she has a good memory, and a way with poetry.”

“So what are we going to do?” Atharessa says.

“I agree with Hallister,” Moralane says. “We need to take responsibility for these items. They must be part of this curse, in some way. I say we take them with us and hurry as best we can to Eight Fountain Springs. We deliver Tanner to her mother, and bring any of the slaves, the Goblins mostly I imagine, back to their home. Then we set out for the mine. We’ll need a map. Mayby Stropos can have one made for us while we pack and eat. If we can get to the box at the bottom of the mine, before sunset, we may avaod calling the undead to our presence, and if we cant, we find a place to defend, like they did here, and fight through another night with everything we’ve got. Once we put those things back we can seal up the mine, or carry this big box with us. But Hallister is right. We can’t let these things get out of our hands until we can put an end to the curse.”

“You make good points Moralane,” Azram says. “It’s risky, but I think it is best. We should take them with. We just have to make sure we get out of that village as quickly as possible. We’ll tell them nothing, and then when, if, we get the items back in the baox in the mine, we can go back to the village and learn as much as we can about the place that is south of Witch’s Valley.”

Atharessa smiles, Moralane and Azram look to Hallister, Mazrim and Rowning and wait for their decision.


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

“Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. She would raise the one whom the Helmsman loves.
The three argue over the weight of the wealth they imagine would be theirs.
Among you are the eyes that seek, and the hearts that will know the fear of those who would oppose Karuk.
Seek the water that must rise before it falls and the door to the Palace will reveal itself to you.”
Hal intones slowly,

"Ah made sure t' write it down an' commit it t' memory. There's jus' too much there tha' rings true fer me t' ignore it."


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"Then it appears we have a plan."


male

“But, Hallister,” Moralane steps in front of Atharessa to ask, “What does all that mean? Who is the bride, or the bridesmaid? And who is the one the Helmsman loves? Is it a meant to be a reference to Mafolin,” Moralane breathes in sharply as she draws two fingers, with her left hand, across her lips and makes a gesture as if she is throwing something behind her. It is a common gesture meant to ward off the “evil eye” or to “throw away” something that was said so as to not draw attention from the bad spirits of the world.“Obviously the part about the three arguing over their wealth is a reference to the three households who all stand to gain from the success of your mission. But why is their wealth important?”

“And this place where the water must rise before it falls,” Atharessa adds to Moralane’s questions. “What could that be?”

“Either Hallister knows, and he is keeping it to himself, or,” Azram says as he walks away from the group, “like me he thinks our answers are in Eight Fountain Springs. I am going there, and I’m planning on taking the items in the box with me. I’ll be ready to leave in one hour.”


HP: 13/18 AC 12/10/12: F+5, R +0 W+6, Per:+3, Init: +0

"Lemme get Ingot, an' I'll be ready."

Luca sets off and chases down the goblin lass and leads her to the gate after getting anything that was hers, if there was anything left.


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

"I know some o' it, but it's best not spoken of 'til we know more. Some things 're burdens on th' soul. I'd rather not give any o' you such things unless I'm sure ye'd be worse off wit' out it." Hal says, smiling sadly to Moralane.

"We're wastin' daylight."


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"Yes, the longer we delay here the later we we arrive and be able to leave the town. Lets be off, we can make final plans as we march."


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

I'm not quite clear on what the plan is, but I'm game for moving forward.


HP: 13/18 AC 12/10/12: F+5, R +0 W+6, Per:+3, Init: +0

Escort anyone who wants to go to Eight Springs there, resupply and make haste to the caves.


male

The party sets out for Eight Fountain Springs. The party is now

Hallister
Rownig
Mazrim
Luca

And the following NPC’s

Atharessa
Moralane
Azram

They are followed by seven Dwarves (five former slaves, and two ex-bandits who carry large sacks and are hoping to buy food in the village and return before nightfall)and eleven goblins.

They are led by Galana and Voranzil who, together, pull a two wheeled cart carrying the body of Turrand. Tanner walks by the side of the cart.

I will put a post in the discussion thread that details all of the important people of the village, the overall make up of the population, what services and goods are available. It will take four to five hours to reach the village. At the village you will be told how to follow the map that Stropos has given you to reach the mine. Stropos has given you a second map that shows where to find the box. The mine can be reached in three hours, from the village, and Stropos believes you can reach the box at the bottom of the mine in less than two hours. The sun will set in ten hours time.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig will either take point to scout or follow behind holding the rear guard for the stragglers.


male

Just minutes before the train of people leave the camp, Atharessa spots Rownig sneaking around the scaffolding where the gibbeted dwarf hangs. She watches him, keeping out of sight, and notices that he quickly searches the hanging body, finds something that glitters in the sun, and deftly slips it into his pocket.

The journey to Eight Fountain Springs is uneventful, and takes just under three hours.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

Maybe put the info about the town in the campaign tab so its easier to find later on


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3
Mazrim Deacon wrote:
Maybe put the info about the town in the campaign tab so its easier to find later on

Great suggestion.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

DM Only:
So Rownig deftly pockets something from the hanging dwarf, when I get moment I will look at it.
Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


HP: 13/18 AC 12/10/12: F+5, R +0 W+6, Per:+3, Init: +0
Rownig Fleetfoot wrote:
Mazrim Deacon wrote:
Maybe put the info about the town in the campaign tab so its easier to find later on
Great suggestion.

Thirded


male

You follow the stream, that was once the river that flowed through the gorge north of the mining camp southward for about half amile and then turn sharply to the northwest as you begin a steady climb up through the foot hills below a modest mountain range. The stream becomes a small creek, tumbling over rocks hear and there, and you find yourselves following a trail that cuts a swichback path up into the mountains. It is slow going, and after three hours you only cover a distance of just over two miles.

As you round a corner you see ahead of you the village of Eight Fountain Springs. There are a few small stone cottages between you and the village itself and you do not see anyone around these cottages. From this vantage point you can see fields spreading out along terraces to the west, and there you see farmers weeding the fields, tending to irrigation ditches, or herding small packs of goats, sheep, or cattle.
The path widens to a road as much as fifteen feet wide as it enters the village. There are no fortifications, no walls, but it is obvious that the village is difficult to get to and from any of the buildings along the village terraces a view of the path coming up the hills is clear. You pass a small, stone, Dwarf-made pool on the right side of the road as you come close to a part of the cliff face here. The pool is fed by a natural spring in the cliff face, and a clay lined irrigation ditch leads away from the pool and follows the road. Just before you come into the village proper you cross a very small bridge that crosses the irrigation ditch where it turs shaply and then flows down over the side of the road and toward the fields below.

It has taken you just less than four hours to reach the village.
Galana and Voranzil tell you that they will seek out Turrand’s family, delervering his body to them for a proper funeral, and then they intend to head quickly back to the mining camp. You can resupply here, make arrangements for a place to stay the night, and then following a map given to you by Stropos, head for the mine.

From Eight Fountan Springs you will be cutting across country (not following any road or path) and looking for a geographical marker called Bellows Rock (a large rock formation shaped like the bellows of a forge) that stands on a precipitous peak. When you see this marker, the map tells you to head toward the narrow gorge below the fat end of the rock formation, then, go north through the gorge and into the valley where the mine is located. You will find an open pit iron mine, three small buildings, and at the very northern most end of the mine works a tunnel that heads down into the mountain at a steep angle (ther are ropes and a mine car that can be lowered to the bottom of this tunnel, four hundred feet down). Once you reach the bottom of the mine tunnel, you can follow the instructions on the map ( I do not need to detail those instructions, but it involves passages, ladders, climbs down and up, and a natural cavern with a free flowing stream of warm water) to find the chest.


HP 25/37, AC 18/21, CMD 13, Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +7, Init +3, Per +8, Punish 0/1

I'm a little confused at the last paragraph. That's what we haven't done yet, but are planning? We are are at the village right now, not the mine?

When they reach the village, Hallister waves them on. "I'll wait out 'ere. No reason t' bring these acursed things inta th' village if'n we don' 'ave t'."

Handing Mazrim a pouch of coins, he says "Jus git me a few days an some extra rope. We're going through a lot o' it lately."


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

"Alright."

Mazrim will walk into the town proper looking around for some sign of a shop or marketplace. Looking for supplies for several days and a decent amount of rope. Also any mining gear they may have.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

"I'll git oil," heading off with Mazrim.

Rownig will look for oil and a chapel to get some holy water.


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig heads to the single chapel to look for the holy water. I assume its a common item in a chapel.

Holy water search, 75% and less: 1d100 ⇒ 73

'Afternoon Father, Rownig's da name looking fer as much holy water as ye can spare.


male

Mazrim finds a shopkeeper who can provide rations, mixed dried fruits and some smoked meats, hard bread, and some vegetables, enough for four people for four days, at a cost of thirty copper pieces. He then finds two forty foot lengths of rope for 10 copper pieces.

Rownig finds four pints of poor quality olive oil (suitable for lamps, not good for cooking), at 15 copper pieces per pint. The Priestess of denarri will provide two half pint jars of holy water for forty silver pieces.


male

so far, everything your characters have looked for, they have found in the village. What do you do next?


Male Dwarf Fighter (Lore Warden 2)/Cavalier(hunt master1) HP 36 / Init +3 / AC 15 / Per +6

Since we got what we came for I think we should meet up with Hallister and then hit the mine


M Dwarf Rogue 4, Init 5(7), P9(10traps), HP 30/30, AC 15(16), 13 T, 10 FF, Save F: 3(5 pos/sp), R: 7, W: 3

Rownig will take a quick look around the general store to see if anything catches his eye. Any tanglefoot bags? Is the cost on the hly water 40 silver each or total?

501 to 550 of 1,768 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Terquem's "Palace of the Vampire Queen" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.