Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

PH Dungeon's Hyborian Campaign

Game Master P.H. Dungeon

A sword and sorcery campaign set in Hyboria, initially Shadizar Zamora, using the Barbarians of Lemuria Rules.


301 to 350 of 701 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

male human
Juma Oathbound wrote:

You ninja'd me on my last post, never saw the bit about the hookah. So it is correct that with the +1 defence from the torch and girdle Juma's AC is 5 (and foe's have to get equal or greater than that to hit?)

Mind + Barbarian: 2d6+1

That is incorrect. Your AR remains 4. Defence is the #TN for enemies to hit you. It represents your ability to dodge and parry attacks. It is equal to 9+your Defense score. Your defence is 0, but you are adding 1 to that number due to using the torch to help you parry. Juma's defence is now 9+0+1=10 (due to the torch). Therefore enemies need 10 to hit you instead of 9. If an enemy does hit you, you can still check to see of your Armour protects you and reduces the damage by 4. However, since your armour only provides limited coverage that is not guaranteed. Hence the armour coverage check. I'll post this info in the campaign info session a bit later as well.


male human
Bran of Cimmeria wrote:

Bran attempts to finish off the rising guard, the hairs on his neck standing up as not one but two sorcerers work their fell tricks.

Attack (Str+Melee- Penalty Die): 2d6+2+2-1d6
Welp. That's that.

I don't think how you programmed that works. You have taken six away from your roll. When taking a penalty dice you roll 3d6, but ignore the highest roll. Since the 6 would have been the highest roll you wouldn't have used that in your calculation, but you wouldn't take 6 away from your total.

By my calculation you end up with a 7, which is still a miss since the standard #TN is 9.

Bran you take another swing at the captain as he rises to his feet, but he parries your blow.

You heathens were fools to come to the sanctum of Azoth! You should have fled the labyrinth when you had the chance. Now you will pay with your lives.


male human

Ardeth rushes to Temur's aid.

Armour check: 1d10 ⇒ 4

Ardeth you leap to Temur's aid. The guard twists with the slashes you take with your daggers. One blow grazes off his armour while the other slashes his chest.

The above is fluff to describe the armour protecting and you inflicting additional damage due to two weapon fighting. You net 4 damage.

The man is injured but still alive. He turns his attention away from Temur and attacks Ardeth.

Attack: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7

Ardeth fends him off.

Juma, unfortunately you have been dominated by the I'mallah's magic. You can make additional tests to overcome at the start of each of your turns, using the bonus die- thanks to Xanos's magic. However this round you need to use your action to attack Xanos.


Can we get like a "And now starts round 2" thing? It's easier to know when we should post that way.


Male Kushite; Barbarian 1/Slave 0/Gladiator 2/Mercenary 1, Str 4, Agil 1, Mind 1, Appeal 0, Brawl 1, Melee 2, Ranged 1, Def 1, Health 12/16, Hero 5/5 Armor 4

Hey wait! You had noinja'd me Again on Juma's first Will roll and so just realized I never used the bonus die on that first roll! Can I use that extra die now? Plus Bonus Will: 1d6 ⇒ 5 . So 5+3+1=9 that enough? What does it need to beat? Otherwise, does Juma get to reroll This round (after his attack on Xanos) or at the begining of Next round? And yes, I agree with Ardeth's request, as I am totally not sure what rouind it is right now.


(Nomad 1/Bandit 2/ Mercenary 1) Stats: (S 3 | A 2 | M 0 | A 0) Combat: (Melee 2/Ranged 2), LB 13/13, HeroP 5/5

It might also be nice to get a quick summary of who's where.
If I've been following correctly: The I'mallah is in the back with 2 guards. Bran is in the middle fighting with the wounded captain and another guard. Temur and Ardeth are near the entrance with 1 wounded guard. The possessed Juma is charging past us to attack Xanos, who's right at the entrance.
Assuming all that is correct:

Temur leaves his opponent behind racing for the back of the room, pausing in the middle to slash at the guard captain.
Scimitar (Str,Melee): 2d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 13
Damage (Str): 1d6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 3 = 7


male human
Ardeth Bay wrote:
Can we get like a "And now starts round 2" thing? It's easier to know when we should post that way.

I did post a round #2 can start on the previous page in bold, but you may have missed it as there were a lot of posts flying around.

Juma when you get a bonus die you still only add two dice together, you just add the highest two. This means you always have recalculate slightly after using the dice roller.

Juma, unfortunately for you your mind test failed, but you can make a new one at the start of your next turn.


male human

Temur rushes up to join Bran and attacks the guard captain.

Armour check: 1d10 ⇒ 2


male human

The captain's armour absorbs much of Temur's attack. He is wounded but still up and fighting.


male human

Juma rushes over and attacks Xanos.

2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12

He lands a blow with his scimitar

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Xanos, Juma hit, but you can go defensive, which doubles your defence attribute. This would mean that your defence total is 13, which would mean that his attack would miss, but you would forfeit your action for next turn.


male human

Round #2 summary:

-Juma is currently under magical influence and is trying to kill Xanos. The two of them are having their little skirmish near the middle of the room not far from Bran and Temur.

-Bran and Temur are fighting the captain also near the centre of the room.

-Ardeth is enaged with another guard near the door.

-The I'mallah and his two bodyguards are on the left side of the circular room in front of the alcove housing the horned demond statue.

Round #3 can begin:


Thanks for the summary, much better.

Ardeth will go for the guard in front of him's throat with a double bladed crosswise slash.

Attack (agility, melee) 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 3 + 1 = 14
Damage (agility, dual wield) 1d4 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 3 + 1 = 7


Male, Defense 2, HP 7/11, SP 9/15, PP 8/11, Hero Points 4/5

Yeah,I'll do that. I don't think I want to be hit by him...

Xanos sideseps just in time to avoid Juma's swing.

Insolence!

Kill him.

"Fight it, Juma."


male human
Ardeth Bay wrote:

Thanks for the summary, much better.

Ardeth will go for the guard in front of him's throat with a double bladed crosswise slash.

Attack (agility, melee) 2d6+3+1
Damage (agility, dual wield) 1d4+1+3+1

Armour Check go: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Feel free to roll armour checks for the guards when you attack them. Over 4 and your attack gets through.

Ardeth does exactly what he says. Using a double bladed crosswise slash he slits the guard's throat. The man dies nearly instantly.


male human

A small amendment: Juma never killed the guard he was originally fighting before he got dominated. Therefore, Bran and Temur are facing off against the guard captain and one other guard.

The guard captain looks at his ally.

I'll take care of these two curs. You deal with the killer.

The captain then takes a big swing at Temur.

Attack on Temur: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8

Fortunately for Temur, in his wounded state he is a little clumsy, and Temur is able to parry the captain's strike.

The other guard rushes Ardeth.

Attack on Ardeth: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9

Ardeth sees him coming and readies his bloodied daggers. In a dazzling display of whirling daggers, he fends off his enemy.


male human

The I'mallah watches the action a cold, impassive look on his gaunt face. He looks to his two body guards.

Finish them.

He then begins chanting once more.

You are all too busy with your own fights to really do anything about it, but you do notice the I'mallah's form changing. His clothing, flesh, jewellery- everything; it all changes into a cloud of oily black smoke.

His two body guards heft their scimitars and start ambling towards the fray. One begins moving towards Ardeth and the other one towards Bran and Temur.

Ardeth you are preoccupied with the guard that just charged you, but you notice that the I'mallah's bodyguards don't look quite right. They have an odd shambling gate, and their skin looks rather pale for swarthy zamorans.

Ardeth, Xanos are done for this round. Temur and Bran can still make attacks. Juma must make another check to avoid attacking Xanos again.


Male Kushite; Barbarian 1/Slave 0/Gladiator 2/Mercenary 1, Str 4, Agil 1, Mind 1, Appeal 0, Brawl 1, Melee 2, Ranged 1, Def 1, Health 12/16, Hero 5/5 Armor 4

I did do that, 5 from the missed d6 and 3, the highest of the two d6's from his first roll, then +1 for barbarian. What does he need to beat the spell? And does he get Xanos's bonus die this round as well?


male human
Juma Oathbound wrote:
I did do that, 5 from the missed d6 and 3, the highest of the two d6's from his first roll, then +1 for barbarian. What does he need to beat the spell? And does he get Xanos's bonus die this round as well?

Got it, no worries. Anyhow, you are looking for a 10, so roll high. And yes you still get the 3d6, dropping the lowest


Cimmerian (Barbarian 2/Thug 1/Smuggler 1) B 1, M 2, R 0, D 1; LB 0/12, HeroP 4, AR/ACR 4/4

"Crom's teeth!", Bran curses in amazement and superstitious awe as the I'mallah turns into a cloud of smoke. He swings his scimitar at the guard captain, hoping to finish him off quickly...
Scimitar (Str+Melee; drop highest): 3d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) + 2 + 2 = 9=6
Does that count as a critical fumble?


male human

Yeah, but you can spend a hero point to avoid the critical fumble part and make it a regular whiff.


(Nomad 1/Bandit 2/ Mercenary 1) Stats: (S 3 | A 2 | M 0 | A 0) Combat: (Melee 2/Ranged 2), LB 13/13, HeroP 5/5

Temur hesitates for a moment, looking at the priest and the two guards, then strikes at the captain with both blades, trying to stay on the far side of him from the oncoming things.

Scimitar (Str, Melee, Gang Up):2d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage (Str, Dual Wield): 1d6 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 3 + 1 = 6

Anything I can do with hero point to boost damage or bypass his armor?

"Ardeth, if I die because you needed Lotus..."

Xanos, I am assuming we can't hear your internal dialogue and that you haven't told us anything about it?


Time: Round 4

"IF you die, it will be because you are weak!" says Ardeth in reply to Temur before coming in high with his right hand dagger, and then bringing the left handed one in for a quick slash at the non-ensorcelled guard's femoral artery. After his lightning quick strike he will somersault backwards several times away from the approaching 'zombie' bodyguard.

Attack (Agility, Melee) 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 + 1 = 16 Hahahahahaha

Ardeth's attack is extremely effective, slicing off most of the guard's inner thigh while the second dagger sheathes itself in his heart. The man bleeds out in less than a second in a massive torrent of blood and screams. "You fear the wrath of these maggots Hyrkanian? I have known your people to be without fear."

My somersaulting retreat will take me towards the center of the chamber if possible, to aid Temur and Bran.


Male, Defense 2, HP 7/11, SP 9/15, PP 8/11, Hero Points 4/5
Temur wrote:


Xanos, I am assuming we can't hear your internal dialogue and that you haven't told us anything about it?

Yep. It's sometimes clear he's got a lot going on in his head, but the characters can't hear it. It's just for the amusement and worry of my fellow players. :)


male human

Captain Armour Check: 1d10 ⇒ 9

Temur's blade strikes true, and he slashes the already wounded guard captain across the face, killing him.

Round #3 is basically done. Juma needs to see if he will try to kill Xanos some more and resolve that action, and I'm still waiting to know if Bran is spending a hero point to avoid a critical fumble.


Cimmerian (Barbarian 2/Thug 1/Smuggler 1) B 1, M 2, R 0, D 1; LB 0/12, HeroP 4, AR/ACR 4/4

Yeah, I'll spend it.


Male Kushite; Barbarian 1/Slave 0/Gladiator 2/Mercenary 1, Str 4, Agil 1, Mind 1, Appeal 0, Brawl 1, Melee 2, Ranged 1, Def 1, Health 12/16, Hero 5/5 Armor 4

Juma Will Save: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) + 1 = 10 Sorry dude. Damn dice! Or maybe it's just not that hard to convince Juma to try and kill the freaky sorcerer...; )

Still fighting for control of his will, the giant Kushite still swings his blade to try and end the life of the man in front of him

Scimitar Attack(Str, Melee,): 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 3 + 2 = 12
Damage (Str+torch): 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + 1 = 6

Question-would the domination continue even though the priest is now gone?


male human

Well the priest hasn't left. He's just a cloud of black smoke right now, and should he leave I will let you know if you need to keep making checks.


male human

Xanos this is a bit boring for you, but you can opt to forfeit your action for next round to remain defensive and avoid 6 damage or you can eat the damage and have your regular turn next round.


male human

Round #3 summary

-Juma is still trying to kill Xanos, but Xanos is doing a very good job a defending himself and fending of Juma's attacks.

-Ardeth is fighting a final guard, but looks like he is about to kill the guard (since he posted his 4th round action a little early).

-Temur just finished off the guard captain that he and Bran were trying to kill.

-The I'mallah has turned into roiling cloud of black smoke. His two big body guards are shambling towards the middle of the room to join the fight, and there is something not quite right about them.

It looks like round 4 can begin.


Male Kushite; Barbarian 1/Slave 0/Gladiator 2/Mercenary 1, Str 4, Agil 1, Mind 1, Appeal 0, Brawl 1, Melee 2, Ranged 1, Def 1, Health 12/16, Hero 5/5 Armor 4

Round 4

Juma Will Save: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 1 = 12 $^##@!*#%!

Still under thrall, Juma once again attacks his would be ally.

Attack: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 2 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 + 1 = 10


Male, Defense 2, HP 7/11, SP 9/15, PP 8/11, Hero Points 4/5

Xanos continues to evade the big warrior's swings.

Kill him! His weakness is what allowed him to be controlled! He does not deserve such restraint from you!

I told you to be quiet.

"Juma. Stop."


male human

Xanos no problem. Although, it looks like you need to forfeit next round as well since Juma potentially landed another blow.


male human

After killing yet another guard Ardeth tumbles across the carpets to join Bran and Temur.

The room isn't overly big, only about 50' in diameter, so even though the last two "guards aren't that fast they can still make it to where Temur, Bran and Ardeth are now clustered. Juma and Xanos are also close by, but these last two fellas don't seem interested in them.

As it stands, Bran, Temur and now Ardeth stand among the carnage in the middle of the sanctum. Beneath your feet are a number of fine, but now blood stained Zamoran rugs. The huge hookah pipe lies toppled on the ground nearby as well. A few steps away Xanos continues to weave and dodge as Juma savagely swings at him with his scimitar.

The last two guards lurch forward and enter the fight. They are both hulking men, but there is clearly something very wrong about them. Their skin is nearly white; their eyes are coal black, and they move with an awkward lurching. They raise their massive falchions and start swinging. What they lack in skill and agility, they seem to make up for in ferocity and strength.

"Guard" #1 Attack on Ardeth: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 = 11

I assume you are okay with giving up your next round action to go defensive and avoid that hit.

Ardeth ducks aside, a big swing just missing him.

"Guard #2 Attack on Temur: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Temur, full defensive won't help you, but your armour might

Temur Armour Check: 1d10 ⇒ 4


male human

Temur gets lucky. A big swing from a falchion cuts across his stomach, but his leather girdle absorbs most the damage.

Temur you net 1 damage.


male human

Meanwhile the roiling cloud of black smoke that was but a moment ago the I'mallah billows forward, surging across the room. It passes through Juma and Xanos and the pair of you feel a deathly cold chill. It then plummets through and around the hide flap on the opposite side of the room from the statue vanishing from site into whatever lies beyond.

Juma and Xanos the terrible touch of death you felt from the Cloud does a little damage to each of you

Damage to Juma: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Damage to Xanos: 1d3 ⇒ 1


(Nomad 1/Bandit 2/ Mercenary 1) Stats: (S 3 | A 2 | M 0 | A 0) Combat: (Melee 2/Ranged 2), LB 13/13, HeroP 5/5

Unfortunately, Temur is the one who didn't get any armor. The blade goes deep.

Temur slices at the thing in front of him with both blades, nicking an arm with the dagger and slicing deep with the scimitar.

Scimitar (Str, Melee): 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 + 2 = 14
Damage (Str, double wield): 1d6 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 3 + 1 = 11

Then he leaps back from the fight, hoping to get enough distance that he can use his bow.


male human

Oh nasty! Sorry Dude!

2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4) + 3 = 13

Xanos:

Spoiler:

Even though you are pretty distracted dodging Juma's attacks, you notice that the horn on the snout of the demon statue seems to be thrumming with arcane energy.


male human

"Guard" Armour Check: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Temur you land a big slash across the hulking man's chest. The strike would have dropped most men, and you are horrified to see that no blood comes out, despite the gaping wound. Your attack doesn't even seem to slow the creature, and it raises its weapon for another attack, an attack that could finish you.


male human

The only one left to post for this round is Bran.


(Nomad 1/Bandit 2/ Mercenary 1) Stats: (S 3 | A 2 | M 0 | A 0) Combat: (Melee 2/Ranged 2), LB 13/13, HeroP 5/5
P.H. Dungeon wrote:

"Guard" Armour Check: 1d10

Temur you land a big slash across the hulking man's chest. The strike would have dropped most men, and you are horrified to see that no blood comes out, despite the gaping wound. Your attack doesn't even seem to slow the creature, and it raises its weapon for another attack, an attack that could finish you.

Which is why I jumped back, trying to get some distance and hoping Ardeth and Bran (Who both have armor and are in better shape) can occupy it.


Cimmerian (Barbarian 2/Thug 1/Smuggler 1) B 1, M 2, R 0, D 1; LB 0/12, HeroP 4, AR/ACR 4/4

Bran swings furiously at the abomination trying to kill Temur.
Since it's clearly unnatural, can I use my Barbarian bonus on damage?
Scimitar, ganging up: 3d6 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
That's a total of 14 with the penalty die. Based on Temur's roll, that's a hit.
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4 6 if my barbarian class is applicable.

AR roll for the guard: 1d10 ⇒ 8


male human

Bran aids Temur and lands a second brutal strike on the thing. This one catches it right across the throat. To your horror, once again, the creature seems completely unfazed by what should have been a killing blow.

Round #5 can now begin

Juma can attack- attacking Xanos again unless he makes his check

Xanos has forfeited his action to defend himself (dialogue is still possible of course).

Ardeth has forfeited his action to defend himself.

Temur and Bran are free to do as they please, though they are both pretty badly hurt.

The I'mallah has left the sanctum. There are only two opponents left, but from what Bran and Temur have seen these two "guards" are nigh invulnerable. One of them is in combat with Temur and Bran and the other one is trying to kill Ardeth.


male human

FYI Bran- Temur declared he jumped back to get away from the thing, so you didn't actually get a gang up bonus with your last attack, but it hit without it so no worries.


male human

Ardeth the "guard" attacking you keeps the pressure on, taking another vicious swing.

Attack on Ardeth: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7

You easily parry this blow, meaning that next round you will be free to take action as you wish.


Cimmerian (Barbarian 2/Thug 1/Smuggler 1) B 1, M 2, R 0, D 1; LB 0/12, HeroP 4, AR/ACR 4/4

"Temur, try to get Juma off the sorcerer, I'll keep this heap busy! Sorcerer- Xanos- what are these thing, how do we stop them?!"
With the I'mallah gone, do I still take a penalty die?


male human

You are still pretty freaked out due to the supernatural nature of these final two guards, but I think you've taken enough penalty dice for this fight, so we'll assume that seeing you and your companions are in some trouble, you are able to overcome your anxiety.


Seeing the 'guard' take two killing blows without flinching Ardeth says, "This isn't working!" He looks frantically around the room, trying to figure another way to stop them, while ducking and weaving the falcion blows of the undying guard.

Mind Check 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

If only player knowledge were character knowledge. Somebody smash the horn! Maybe my mind check will help Ardeth figure that out, but I doubt it.


male human

Ardeth

Spoiler:
Well you do notice that he horn on the statue seems to be thrumming in a weird way, and it looks as though it is actually made from a different type of stone than the rest of the statue.


"The horn on that statue is humming evilly!" Ardeth cries.


Cimmerian (Barbarian 2/Thug 1/Smuggler 1) B 1, M 2, R 0, D 1; LB 0/12, HeroP 4, AR/ACR 4/4

Bran tackles the guard, trying to tangle up his clumsy legs and drive him to the ground.
Brawl(+Str): 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 + 2 = 10
If that doesn't manage, I'll burn a hero point for a reroll, leaving me with one.
2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 1 + 2 = 11
"It's up to you, then, Temur! Get that horn!"

301 to 350 of 701 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PH Dungeon's Hyborian Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.