Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion

Fin!,

The last!,

Gen Con Booth Button: Sunday,

Sneaky sneak,

Just Announced: The Strange Aeons Adventure Path!,

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path

Tully Tully render


6,301 to 6,345 of 6,345 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>

"Oh boy, sounds like the revolt may happen sooner than I expected."


Male Human Fighter 8 I AC 28 T 13 FF 26 l HP 136/136 l F +11/15* R +4 W +2/4* l Init +2 l Perc +11

"Les' get t' the square before folks get t' doin' someth'n stupid."


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

Kythel stands up to follow along with the rest of the group to the square.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As soon as the tax collectors disappear behind closed doors, prominent local businessman Maavu Arlintal climbs up onto a dais, raising his hand for silence. As the crowd slowly settles down, the tall and handsome 50-something man speaks, with firm resolution in his voice;
Maavu

By the time you arrive a large crowd has gathered……
Area map
I borrowed the area map from a pdf but am trying to get the XL file from the person who generated it


Alkaid will try to get close to Maavu


Male Human Fighter 8 I AC 28 T 13 FF 26 l HP 136/136 l F +11/15* R +4 W +2/4* l Init +2 l Perc +11

Broccan moves to toward the right side of the stage, just outside the edge of the crowd.


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 57/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Edrukk signs and maneuvers so he's standing about ten feet from Broccan, watching the crowd.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

Kythel shifts his position to be near his new comrades ensuring that all are within his range to channel positive energy if need be.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

U and Z 16 respectively are the clearest options for you guys to take up positions and still be close to Maavu.

You can pick nearly any location with int the mob as well....

Speech!
“Fellow citizens, hear me! Hear my voice, and repeat my words tenfold so that those who have turned their backs on us are forced to hear! Hear me, for I speak for all of us!”

”My name is Maavu Arlintal, and I am one of you! I call Cauldron my home! I live and I do business here, and have for many years! Many of you know me, and I know you… We are all hard-working, trustworthy people!”

”Hard times have fallen upon this land! The road grows ever more dangerous, and threatens to cut us off from our neighbors and partners in trade! An inn full of people – one of them the high priest of one of our own temples – were all senselessly murdered not a day’s ride from here! In recent days, dragons – yes, dragons – have threatened the skies and the passes! Stories of creatures unthinkable lurk in the fringes of the wild.”

”But we are a tough people, and have weathered tough times before! Heroes and brave citizens like yourself have answered the challenges of protecting us and our lands, though others have been charged with that duty…

”But the troubles have also found us at home… We have suffered in recent months, as our sons and daughters were stolen away from us by evil lurking beneath our streets! We have suffered as the rains came and flooded our dear city, and threatened to erode the very foundations of our livelihoods! A vile umber hulk from the darkened tunnels of the Abyss itself has torn through our homes and businesses in broad daylight – I know, for I suffered a great loss that day, though I came away with my life, and consider myself fortunate, and mourn those who perished.”

”But again we have not lain down, for we know how to get through hard times. Again, we have been blessed by the actions of brave citizens who have put their lives on the line to defend the defenseless. And again, others who should have answered that call have done nothing!”

”Alas, I misspeak, for actions have been taken. The leaders of Cauldron have spoken through the voice of the tax collectors! They offer promises with each outstretched palm, with each cut they take! For the good of Cauldron, they say! To repair the damage, they claim! To help those in need, they promise.”

”But what have they done with your hard earned coin? Nothing! Where are the repairs to the buildings damaged by the flood? They haven’t done any! Warehouses stand abandoned, about to fall into the lake! Where are the repairs to the street and the structures attacked by the hulk? They have not been done! And I was not the only one to lose business and property that day… There are many who have received nothing but empty words for their suffering!”

”As I said, many of you know me, and you know me as a man of action. I am not one to complain without a plan of recourse! I am here to say that Cauldron needs new leadership, a new protector who is not corrupt on power or gold. I am here to tell you that a challenge has been issued for the removal of Terseon Skellerang as Captain of the Town Guard.”

”I have here in my hand the formal written challenge, which has been presented to Skellerang and the Lord Mayor. This challenge invokes one of Cauldron’s oldest laws, the Law of Peers. Under this law, the five founding families of Cauldron have the right to challenge the office of the Captain of the Town Guard if one of them should feel that he unworthy, immoral, or incapable of seeing to his duties, which is the protection of the people. This law, laid down with the founding stones of our city, has never been needed – until now.”

”By the Law of Peers, any one of the five founding noble families has the right to challenge the Captain of the Guard. This does not leave much hope that one with the interests of the common citizen – of you and I – will be represented. But I am here to tell you that the one who has issued the challenge is such a person. They herald from one of the founding lineages, but their life has not been one of pampered luxury. They know what it means to suffer, as you do, and to rise above it, as you have before. The challenger is indeed one of the brave, heroic citizens who I have spoken of, who is willing to risk death to protect and help our city.”

”I am speaking of Alek Tercival.”

”Sir Tercival, Cauldron’s only paladin, has issued this challenge in accordance with the old ways, and the Laws of our city. But so far no response has been made. By law, the issued challenge should be made public by the Lord Mayor, but Fatty Navalant hopes to protect his puppet Skellerang by keeping the challenge secret! No doubt that he hopes to send his new army of half-orc thugs – an army feeding off of your bread! – to deal with the upstart challenger with a crossbow bolt in the back! By the Law…”

”But look, citizens! Another puppet of corruption, with his thugs to protect him! Sent, no doubt, to silence the will of the people!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Sergeant Krewis and patrol including half-orcs enter the square….
Sgt Krewis

The crowd roars to life at Maavu’s words. His oratory manner is both skillful, and full of sincerity. It does not sound rehearsed; it seems a passionate and intelligent appeal of common sense from a man who is educated in the field on which he speaks.

“Captain Skellerang, once our so-called defender, and keeper of the peace, and now bully and enforcer of the crippling extortions handed down by our governing officials, has been challenged to a duel of valor by none other than Sir Alek Tercival! "

The crowd roars once again, many with loud approval, some with slanderous comments aimed at Captain Skellerang, but others merely seem to be adding indiscriminately to the noise.
Maavu continues to speak, further inciting the passion of the crowd with his bold oratory, as he carries on about the injustice which is being committed against the good of the city, the crowd grows angrier and angrier.

“Certainly many of you are aware, that the laws of the city mandate that an issuance of the Old Law of the Peers MUST be publicized by the city council, why then has our governing body been silent? Why then have they tried to keep this matter from the attention of the public? Their omission is illegal, and proof of the ill will the lord mayor’s advisors bear Cauldron’s good citizens.”

The words of the fervor-filled merchant continue to imbue the citizens with a mounting rage. The people’s anger culminates when Maavu points out the fact that a group of armed half-orcs is already harassing the town: “Skellerang is feeding a band of filthy half-orc thugs a large share of our bread!” he screams.

Then, wading in the crowd of people, a human watch sergeant escorted by several half-orc mercenaries approaches the dais to arrest the merchant: “In the name of Terseon Skellerang, Captain of the Town Guard, I must arrest you!” he declares, addressing Maavu.

Suddenly, from within the angered crowd an unassuming youth draws a dagger from underneath his robe, and screams out, “Let’s kill these half-orc brigands!” As his voice is drowned out by the roar of a hundred other people, the lad lunges at the nearest half-orc. In seconds, the mob erupts into a full-fledged riot!

The crowd some fleeing, some fighting some dumbstruck into inaction creates a living vortex around you and any actions you might take!

Roll initatives!


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 57/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Muttering, "Gorum, this is not your way. This is not the meeting of worthy foes on the battlefield."

He glances at Broccan to see how he reacts.


Male Human Fighter 8 I AC 28 T 13 FF 26 l HP 136/136 l F +11/15* R +4 W +2/4* l Init +2 l Perc +11

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

His mind wandering during the long speech, Broccan looks up, too late, to realize that all hell's about to break loose in the streets of Cauldron.


Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

You have won the initiative!

Riot scene


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

Initiative to set PC order 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Kythel looks to Alkaid before taking any action, his bent is to try and calm the crowd but having just arrived here, he wants to take his cue from those with more experience with these Townsfolk.


Alkaid gets on the speakers Dias

and tries to direct the crowd.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32 it should be good for a low roll

She shouts
"Are we civil folk or rioting idiots..."

Cha Mod is 10.


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 57/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Ah'm thinkin' dis 's no fight fer me. Wouldna be better t' sit back 'n 'ave 'n ale while they decide things?

The dwarf sighs, People are fer gettin' 'urt, but Ah 'ave n' love fer th' law 'ere. Ah 'ave n' respect fer th' snake oil salesman gittin' th' folk riled up, either.

How did you say the charismatic speaker is protected?


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

Kythel casts Sanctuary on himself as he moves to support Alkaid on the dias.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The crowd is creating a din of noise and making it hard for anyone to hear anything or to make complex plans.

Sergeant Krewis attempts to drink a potion, but he is surrounded by townsfolk (8 people) four of them react and attempt to knock the potion from is grasp! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Versus AC 17 Spellcraft DC 12

Spoiler:
Potion of sanctuary

The crowd knocks the potion from his hand, which makes them howl in anger!

Maavu at the top of the dias, begins casting a spell on himself Spellcraft DC 12

Spoiler:
shield

He is protected only by the dias itself

The youth who initially pulled the dagger and attacked the half orc attempts to hide in the crowd, and flee the area…. Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 If your perception wins out you can still see and try to follow the youth, though soon he will be gone forever!

Perception DC 16

Spoiler:
Archers appear in the windows of city hall

Lots of moving parts here....
Let me know what your focus is (Maavu, Krewis, rabble rouser, the crowd, other)and we can go from there.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Alkaid:
Diplomacy DC 25 clears and calms a 20 foot area of rioters for 1+cha modifier rounds
full round action to use diplomacy and a second round to direct /disperse this portion of the crowd

Assuming the area around the dias.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Kythel s@~#fs into position between Akaid and Maavu.

While he does not know the town elder, his speech, assuming the law is clear, should not be cause for his arrest.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Holy smack-down this is not going to be pretty!

Alkaid has settled the crowd around the dias and if I am not mistaken that is where everyone is headed...
Any specific actions from Broccan, Eddrukk?


Male Human Fighter 8 I AC 28 T 13 FF 26 l HP 136/136 l F +11/15* R +4 W +2/4* l Init +2 l Perc +11

Broccan stands ready to draw his sword.


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 57/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Edrukk leaves his sword in its sheath and wades into the scrum. "'ere now! 'ere now! Sum'un grab th' 'alf-wit what tried t' stab th' lawman! If'n ye wanna sacrifice yerself t' Gorum, le' me know after we be done 'ere, but calm yerselves down. 'is n' perpose fer a scuffle 'ere."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Alkaid keeps calming the crowd targeting another spot in it

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (10) + 25 = 35 it should be good for a low roll

She shouts
"...No we are a civil people, Not ogres ..... "

11 rounds of calm from this group.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

Kythel moves a bit closer to Maavu in case the guards continue to seek to arrest him. If they do so, at that point h may step in.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Melee attack “mobbed” 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 325d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 5, 6) = 23 VS AC 21
The mob surges about haphazardly creating a din and damaging buildings.
Sgt Krewis continues to fight defensively.....and is looking battered and bruised!

Maavu goes for his potion but suddenly something is very wrong! Suddenly becoming visible in the air above Maavu is a creature…
Sinister air elemental

And turns it’s frightful gaze upon Maavu!
Maavu’s will save vs DC 19 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

The elemental is frustrated and attacks Maavu...
Melee Wind Scythe 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 102d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Melee Wind Scythe 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 262d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

The area around the Dias clears as the monster makes it's appearance......

You are up!


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

Kythel steps forward and casts Protection from Evil on Maavu, If this is a summoned creature that should protect him. Kythel thinks to himself.

5 Round sof Sanctuary left.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Kythel's spell protects maavu!

Maavu

Calls out to you!
”My thanks to you heroes! I owe you my life, but right now I must leave in a hurry to avoid further troubles,” Maavu frowns….Sense motive DC 12

Spoiler:
He seems disturbed that his demonstration resulted in a riot.

”I have myself to blame in large measure for this I had hoped to stir emotions into positive action, instead once stirred it got well out of hand.”

"Save Sgt Krewis if you can."

”Our intention was to expose what's going on here in Cauldron. It is much harder to hide the truth when everyone is watching you."

"What is happening is unclear, but Alek said that he spoke with archons that warned of an apocolyptic event approaching.”

”Please meet me in Redgorge, certain allies of mine wish to speak with you, along with Sir Alek Tercival, whose word is always filled with truth.”

”Seek me in Redgorge at the Redheaded Miner’s Inn and answer ‘mortar” to an unusual question.” With that the man drinks a potion and becomes but a vapor upon the wind headed towards Redgorge....

The air elemental follows him in a furious rage, but it can not seem to harm the man at all!

"You are still up!
Can attack the elemental and question Maavu


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 57/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Edrukk continues to wade into the scuffle, seeking out Krewis to provide aid.


Alkaid keeps calming the crowd targeting the spot with the troubled Sargent

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (15) + 25 = 40

She shouts
"Now why do you pick on a man only doing a job that few of you would do, Why pick on a man whom is only doing his job, one that benefits the people when there is an attack from beyond the city..."

11 rounds of calm from this group.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The crowd suddenly stops beating and kicking sgt Krewis, though the City hall is taking a beating that will have the place falling in in a few rounds!

Edrukk manages to pick up the battered sgt Krewis!

Broccan!


Male Human Fighter 8 I AC 28 T 13 FF 26 l HP 136/136 l F +11/15* R +4 W +2/4* l Init +2 l Perc +11

Broccan takes slow deliberate, clanking steps toward the crowd - his spiked shield raised and his hand on his sword hilt.

"You try'n mob me, an' is gonna hurt," he says warningly.

"I'm no' gonna put up wi' yer mayhem'n shenanigans! Ev'ryone stop."


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 57/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Edrukk grants the injured man some healing, but before he does so, he warns him, "Let 'em think ye still be 'urt bad, lad, 'r they might be fer doin' 't ag'n t' both o' 's. Got 't?"

Standard action to heal ally with point of fervor

Healing: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Sgt. Krewis looks up and regards the dwarf.
"You have to get these people out of here, when the patrol shows up they will just fire arrows into the crowd!"

The crowd takes up Broccans challenge charging him and hitting him with pieces of stone ripped off of the Town Hall
Melee attack “mobbed” @Broccan 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 245d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 2, 1) = 16
The mob only manages to clang loudly against Broccans armor but four of them are damaged on the spikes!

The town hall itself is taking damage!

You are up!"


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 57/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

The dwarf sighs. He mutters, "Impetuous fools."

The dwarf starts moving through the crowd, grabbing people's arms, "I 'eard th' patrol be comin' t' shoot the crowd! Be gone 'fore they get 'ere!"


Male Human Fighter 8 I AC 28 T 13 FF 26 l HP 136/136 l F +11/15* R +4 W +2/4* l Init +2 l Perc +11

"You'll bleed t' death, 'fore y' take me down, an' I won' even draw m' sword!" Broccan shouts to the mob.

"When th' patrol shows, they'll shoot ya fulla arrows. Best git runn'n while y' can!"

Broccan takes a Full Defense stance. No attack +4 to AC. AC 32.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

In the area where the mob is doing the most damage to town hall, Kythel will drop Darkness.

He screams at the top of his lungs, "Disperse citizens or I shall summon a creature to drag you straight to the jails!"

Bluff check 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Alkaid?


Alkaid keeps calming the crowd doing destruction to buildings

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37

She shouts
"Would a person destroy their own home.. "

11 rounds of calm from this group.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

About that time the right side of city hall begins to tilt and the half-orc guards show up in force and begins firing on the crowd!

In the twang of arrows at least 16 people are injured!

The crowd under Alkaids sway run away upon seeing the guards And those intimidated by Kythel, but the remainder throw rocks and bits of the town hall at the half-orcs!

You are up!


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 57/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Can you power attack a nonlethal hit? Probably with a normally nonlethal-dealing weapon, I suppose. This is fisticuffs.

Edrukk called on Gorum's touch (sacred weapon ability - swift action to gain +1 to attacks with one weapon for 7 rounds) walks up to the nearest member of the mob and smacks him hard upside the head, trying to take him out of the fight.

Nonlethal Attack (fist): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 6 | HP = 70 | AC = 15 | Initiative +4 | CMD – 17 | CMB – +5 | F +6 | R +7 | W +7

Kythel calls upon the Lady of Graves and releases divine energy to bring into being vapors to obscure the mob from the archers and hopefully convince the mob to disperse.

Cast Obscuring Mist in the midst of the Mob throwing rocks at the archers next to Town Hall.

"You have denied my divine right and so shall you suffer the wrath of the Lady! Lo' here comes her servant to drag you to an early demise!"

Bluff I am insinuating that the mist is a precursor to the actual summoned creature arriving. 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Alkaid now goes for calming the guards

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (8) + 25 = 33

She shouts
"Hold your arms, the people are leaving peacefully"

11 rounds of calm from this group.

6,301 to 6,345 of 6,345 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

Fin!,

The last!,

Gen Con Booth Button: Sunday,

Sneaky sneak,

Just Announced: The Strange Aeons Adventure Path!,


©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.