Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


401 to 450 of 5,607 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8
Erine Wintyle wrote:
Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:


"N' what do we do wit' it? If'n we believe it, 'is family is on 'eir way 'n will be backin' up 'n bringin' th' whole lot o' 'em rather 'an fightin' us straight-up. Ah'm fer thinkin' we need t' let 'em out like nothin' 'as changed 'n prevent 'em from goin' back fer th' cousins."
"Won't work. He'll just go and tell them, and they'll come anyways."

The confusion is evident as the dwarf looks at the female gnome. "'at won't work?" Then realization dawns, "Ye didna unnerstand me - Ah didna say t' let 'is one go. Ah said t' let 's brothers come up 'n out 'n shut th' door behind 'em. If'n 'ey canna retreat, 'ey canna tell th' rest o' th' family 'n bring 'n army next time."

Looking at the captive, he suggests, "'ow 'bout we knock 'is one out 'n leave 'im tied up 'til we deal wit' 'is brothers? Do we 'ave time 'n do we wanna involve th' law 'n 'is? Minn-wick, 'at d'ye think o' th' local law - can 'ey be trusted?"


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

"Hmm." Erine says something in Gnomic.

Gnome:
"We release him go...let him go, and....follow."


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan pulls a bag of caltrops from his belt, giving them a jingling shake.

"I go'these. Throw'em on'ne stairs'n have Sanstree cast'is fog'n these fellas'll be in'fr a nasty shock."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

He will start to double check what Edrukk says in Dwarven. His common is so accented that he is having issues understanding him. I can only understand about 50-75% of what you write

To Edrukk "For the most part he local law can be trusted to line their pockets with bribes and look the other way if paid enough. At least that was the way 75 years ago. I guess some of the new ones are OK."

To Erine

Gnomish:
"Not sure that is the best idea. There would be no way to stop him from raising an alarm."

To All "I do not think that waiting up here will save the little ones from the orphanage. And if we send it down it will just raise an alarm to all the others. If we wait up here an try an ambush I think they would just retreat and pack up and move, will all the missing people."

To Keygan "How often do they change the guard? If we have enough time we may be able to strike and at least retrieve the children. Can you keep this one here tied up? Turn him over to the guard if you must and if there is one you can trust"


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Minniwick & Kenderkin:

Spoiler:
No worries, Minniwick - my attempt at a dialect is just part of the character. You are welcome to query for clarification in dwarven - I think it's fair to believe that his accent in Dwarven would be easier to wade through, assuming KK agrees..


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

......Keygan......
"They come up after I close up shop, talk extensivly and then leave into the streets around 1 AM looking for persons to take."

The bells begin to toll for 6 PM....

Minniwick and Edrukk

Spoiler:

I am fine with you guys having trouble communicating....from a RPing perspective it works and might be interesting,

Edrukk can either start more clearly typing, (or making a spoiler under his dialect)....Or Minniwick can ask.....

Everyone needs to decide if the stand will be made here or if you are going into the tunnels....
I need to make a battle map....

......Keygan......
"I can get the guard and they can take this one in to custody."


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

To Keygan: "'at sounds fine t' me if'n ye want t' 'ave th' guard take 'is one int' custody."

To Canvy and Broccan: "Ah think we need t' let 'em comin' think all is normal 'til 'ey be 'n th' shop. We don't wanna 'ave 'em runnin' back int' th' tunnels 'n warnin' others if'n we c'n avoid it. If'n any get away, we 'ave t' pursue 'em, simple as 'at."

Looking around the shop, will it be possible to someone to wait out of sight and possibly close the clock-door behind the kidnappers? The rest of the party can hide farther away, but the one to spring the trap may be the hard one.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Either Sanstree or Minniwick can spring the surprise, the rest of us will wait here to spring the trap, I'm fine with that." Canvy lays down his polearm carefully out of the way, (under Keygan's bed) so it cannot be seen. In these cramped surroundings, he takes out and oils his falchion, making sure the blade is nice and sharp.


Male Human Fighter/7

"Aye, let'm come, an'we'll catch'em unawares. I'll volunteer t'stand behin' the clock'n close it. Tha' way, they'll have t'get pas'me to get back down."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Map

Wanted to clarify a few points on the map.....

The upstair balcony overlooks the shop area
Each square is 10 feet, rather than 5.

The curtains provide concealment from the secret door.

The secret door comes up from beneath the stairs and through the large grandfather clock.

The open door of the clock is frosted glass and might conceal a PC from those coming up the stairwell.....the hinges are on the left side of the clock as you are facing it......The clock is set into the wall so can not be stood behind.....

Knowledge arcane
DC 15

Spoiler:

You suspect from the creature and origins that they might be sensitive to light....

The town guards arrive and take the creature into custody....
Someone can RP that encounter (or) we can skip over it......

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

I'm happy to skip over the town guards.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

knowledge arcane check
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Yous thinks they are allergic tah light or something?"

"I am also thinking we can move furniture around beyond the curtains and make sure tha door is locked and stack stuff in front of it."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
KenderKin wrote:

A lot of arm twisting later with Minniwick acting as interpretor

It is nearing 4 PM at the shop, so it is expected to close and likely the night stalkers will be coming up soon......

...Those taken are auctioned through an underdark slaver

....The children are likely to be auctioned soon

Happy to skip the guard as well

KN: Arcane1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

"I am still not convinced that waiting up here is the best idea. It may be safer then plunging into the darkness but we are not doing anything to help get the children back. Can someone put a little pressure on this thing. I want to try and find out how long till this auction"

Hopefully someone else can provide the intimidation factor while I translate and try and find out "how soon is soon" from the prisoner.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

----The creature tells you that the children will be gone....

"In three turnings of the screw."

you believe this means three days or nights...


Male Human Fighter/7

'I dinna wan' t'lose th'kids because we dinna act fas'tenff. Let's go."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy suggest to Broccan that, getting rid of a few of their number, before going down below would be very advantageous. "If we can remove a few of these beasts on our terms, we have less to get past as we move towards the children. Once we have dispatched them, it will be time to go down and find the children. These creatures will not be missed for several hours, giving us time to make our way down below, maybe even find a safe spot we can use as a base of our sorties against them, until we eventually find the children."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Minniwick Zookwinkle wrote:

He will start to double check what Edrukk says in Dwarven. His common is so accented that he is having issues understanding him. I can only understand about 50-75% of what you write

To Edrukk "For the most part he local law can be trusted to line their pockets with bribes and look the other way if paid enough. At least that was the way 75 years ago. I guess some of the new ones are OK."

To Erine ** spoiler omitted **

To All "I do not think that waiting up here will save the little ones from the orphanage. And if we send it down it will just raise an alarm to all the others. If we wait up here an try an ambush I think they would just retreat and pack up and move, will all the missing people."

To Keygan "How often do they change the guard? If we have enough time we may be able to strike and at least retrieve the children. Can you keep this one here tied up? Turn him over to the guard if you must and if there is one you can trust"

Minniwick:
"Not so. We need...need to find their base, I think we just follow him close enough, then kill him."

Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Perhaps a few of us can scout into tha tunnels an look fer a place tah hide o tah meet those comin?"

"right now all we know is tha tunnel turns a quick look might be good.."

seems like dots are disappearing and making threads harder to track.....Might need to slow up for a bit.....


Male Human Fighter/7

"I don' like waitin' when it cou'mean losin' th'kids, but I don'have any bet'r ideas. Stay here or go down, some'o this one's kin'r gonna die." Broccan glares at the creature.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Erine

Gnomish:
"I agree we need to find their base. I think that their base is the old Gnomish city of Jzadirune or perhaps below in the Malachite Fortress. I admit I may be a bit anxious to see Jzadirune again though it may be a bad thing after 75 years of neglect. Even so I do not like the idea of sitting up here when we know that the children are down there waiting to be sold on some "under" slave market."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
Sanstree wrote:

"Perhaps a few of us can scout into tha tunnels an look fer a place tah hide o tah meet those comin?"

"right now all we know is tha tunnel turns a quick look might be good.."

seems like dots are disappearing and making threads harder to track.....Might need to slow up for a bit.....

"Not much of a scout but I am willing to go down and look around"

what are dots?


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8
Minniwick Zookwinkle wrote:


what are dots?

Spoiler:

If you post to a thread with your primary avatar, the system will (usually) mark that post with a dot to the right of the thread title so you can find it more easily in the future. The "Focus" link includes dotted links as well as links that you have only followed recently when it narrows down the list of threads for you. You are supposed to be able to "dot" a thread with any avatar (I think), but I have the best luck if I post as my primary, then edit the post over to whoever it is suppoed to be - Edrukk, in this case. Hope that helps.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree takes his familiar out of his pack the scorpion the size of a cat comes forth

"He is quick and can see in tha dark I can send him down fer a peek round tha corner."

Sanstree releases the scorpion into the clock...


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The scorpion soon enough returns to Sanstree giving the following information.....

From inside the clock a stone staircase descends, its steps shrouded with cobwebs and dust, twenty feet to a ten-foot-square landing, then bends to the right and plunges into darkness, another staircase descends twenty feet before opening into a room. From this landing, heard strange sounds emanating from the chamber below, specifically chirping birds, rustling leaves, and cheery giggles. The landing itself is bare save for an empty iron torch sconce mounted on the south wall.

The familiar says also there is a door that is not a door......

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy listens to Sanstree's tales and looks with incredulity at the scorpion coming back with such tales. "What you really beleive that beast, I've killed many in my time, but none came by and spoke to us." As Sanstree nods that the creature can be believed, Canvy returns to retrieve his polearm. "Well, what say you we take a look ourselves, it seems some of you would rather take the fight to the creatures below. I would still advise against such a course, but if you insist, tis best we are all in this together. Off you go Broccan, lead the way, Edrukk you best go next, you understand the ways of stone and underground living, I'll follow with Minniewick and Erine" under his breath he mumbles something, but can't quite work out why.

Mumbles:

"And that infernal goat"

"Sanstree you take the back, everyone ready, you all OK with that?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Catchin them afore they spect it has tah work in our favor, Methinks capturin tha one above was the first step in our favor, imagine had he gotten down this hole unhindered...

Sanstree nods towards Edrukk and Canvy


Male Human Fighter/7

"Yer bug says there'sa door that's notta door. Shou' one'na'us go lookattit? It migh' help'us make a decision."

Broccan moves towards the top of the stairs, then looks down into the darkness.

"I'll do it. Boy-o, can'ye make'e light for me?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Suren I can what does you want tha light on?"

Once Sanstree knows he casts light on the object Broccan designates.


Male Human Fighter/7

"Can ye make m'shield glow? Seems t'be th'best option."

Once Sanstree casts the spell, Broccan descends the staircase, sword drawn, looking for the door the scorpion described.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy follows Broccan, "It's not safe to go on your own." Pole arm ready.


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Canvy, Edrukk would have accepted your suggestion that he accompany Broccan if you'd rather retcon that the dwarf (and his darkvision) go instead.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree suggests Edrukk and Canvy having darkvision go for a quick look along with Broccan and himself....


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As you descend into the clock in a single file...

the stone staircase inside the clock descends 20 feet, its steps shrouded with cobwebs and dust coming to a ten-foot-square landing, then bends to the right with a second staircase descending another twenty feet before opening into a room.

This room is bare save for an empty iron torch sconce mounted on the south wall. You hear strange sounds emanating from the chamber below, specifically chirping birds, rustling leaves, and cheery giggles.

You see no door or way out of this room.


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Yup, totally forgot Canvy's new skin, sorry about that.

"Door 'at's not a door, eh? D'ye see anything?"

Edrukk will start by looking for tracks in the dust -- or areas of undisturbed dust -- to see if they lead to a secret door. Failing that, he will start examining the walls for a secret door.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11+2 if stonecunning applies, +2 more if searching by touch reveals a crack in the wall.


Male Human Fighter/7

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Broccan peers around, trying to see what a "door that isn't a door" might look like.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Hey this torch sconce looks like it has been turned!"


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Edrukk will draw his sword and ask Broccan to hide his enlightened shield under his cloak before Sanstree tries turning the sconce.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The stone slides away revealing another door and another staircase heading downwards....

A slight draft blows up the stairs you can clearly hear the sounds of the woodlands are more clearly heard....


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Those still in the locksmith shop

Spoiler:

A grating noise is followed by a slight breeze you could see the others as they descended and could still make out the lights as they turned a corner, but now you see and hear nothing for down that passageway....

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy peers into the darkness and is surprised that when Broccan shields the light he can still see. "What madness is this, I can still see through the darkness, an illusion no less. This does not bode well, hearing those sounds and seeing through the darkness."

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan looks down the next set of stairs towards the sounds.

"An un'nergroun' forest? Madness is right, Cap'n."


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Edrukk puts a finger to his lips as he looks at Canvy, then adds, "Shhh" for the now-blind humans. With that, he will peer down into the darkness.

Can he make anything out with his darkvision? 60' range, of course.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

It appears that the stairs end in a room which is the source of the out of place sounds....

Traveling further down into the room you find...

The staircase ends at a forty-foot-square room with a ten-foot-high ceiling. A slight draft blows into the from a ten-foot-wide open passage in the far wall, directly across from the stairs. Two four-foot-diameter circular doors are set into the middle of the south wall. Each door is made of wood and framed with a ring of mortared stones. The westernmost door is closed and inscribed with a strange glyph. The easternmost door bears a different glyph but rests half-open. The half-open door reveals an iron rim of gearlike teeth, and a dim light spills from the chamber beyond. Mounted to the walls of the room are twelve tarnished copper masks. The masks are two feet tall and cling four feet above the floor. Each one depicts a smiling gnome's visage. The soft giggling, chirping, and rustling noises seem to pour from the very walls.

As you arrive a disembodied and cheery voice intones....

"Welcome to Jzadirune - behold the wonder!

But beware, ye who seek to plunder.

Traps abound and guardians peer

Beyond every portal, behind every gear."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"This is obvious o tha gnomes an here we be without a gnome with two gnomes a waitin at tha top o the stairs"

"Should one o us go back an bring tha others?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy in his heavy armour, moves slowly, "Hmm, well, there's only one person nible and quick of foot to go get them, and thats you Sanstree. Quick off you go, bring 'em down.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Sorry, crazy couple days at work. Minniwick is very eager to go down.

Filling up his backpack with vials, bags and skins Minniwick pulls on his work gloves and keeps a vial in hand as he finds a place in the line of adventures. He seems very eager to return to Jzadirune.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As you prepare to leave the shop and Sanstree is returning to the top of the stairs a strange man comes into the shop quickly opening the locks of the door and bursting forward. You recognize Allustan the very powerful mage who taught Sanstree.

He is holding a compass with Sanstrees picture in the center

"I am here for Sanstree big things are afoot and he is needed"

Allustan has a couple of wands in his hands.

Sanstree comes up the stairs at that moment and seeing Allustan gives a small nod. Sanstree grabs the wands and passes them off to the party.

"Tell them I had to go."

Sanstree leaves with Allustan. Handing Minniwick the wands...

Spoiler:

Summon natures ally I (20) charges
Cure Light Wounds (20) charges


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As you prepare to leave the shop and Sanstree is returning to the top of the stairs a strange man comes into the shop quickly opening the locks of the door and bursting forward. You recognize Allustan the very powerful mage who taught Sanstree.

He is holding a compass with Sanstrees picture in the center

"I am here for Sanstree big things are afoot and he is needed"

Allustan has a couple of wands in his hands.

Sanstree comes up the stairs at that moment and seeing Allustan gives a small nod. Sanstree grabs the wands and passes them off to the party.

"Tell them I had to go."

Sanstree leaves with Allustan. Handing Minniwick the wands...

Spoiler:

Summon natures ally I (20) charges
Cure Light Wounds (20) charges


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Minniwick makes his way down the stairs and holding two wands. "A human that Sanstree seemed to know just rushed into the shop as Sanstree came back up. He nodded to Sanstree and handed over these wands to him. Then Sanstree told me to tell you that he had to go and handed me these wands. Does this kind of stuff happen to you guys a lot?" Minniwick will hand over the wands to whoever wants them.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy replies to Minniewick, "Well it seems to happen a little more frequently than we liked." In hushed tones he speaks in Minniewick's ear, "They even told me I'd died once, but it's kinda weird, I felt a lot different after we went down that citadel. Can't quite put my finger on it though, strange." Canvy straightens up, "but lets get on with it, we've got doors to go through. Minniewick, can you read them symbols over the doors?"

401 to 450 of 5,607 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.