Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


351 to 400 of 5,787 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The door gives into the shops work-room, as Sanstree looks there is no sign of anything back here..

Sanstree turns back to Broccan to shrug......

A cloaks figure drops down and attacks Sanstree with a rapier
attack roll
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The attack is deflected by Sanstrees new armor! and the rapier turns aside....

The sound of steel and wood coming from the back of the shop alerts everyone else.....

Canvy
Perception DC
20

Spoiler:

You hear a sudden noise from the shop, your new ears funneling the sound to you in new ways


Male Human Fighter/7

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Broccan, seeing the cloaked figure stab at his friend, draws his blade and moves to engage him. He will strike if he can. If not, he will block the door and ready an action to strike the cloaked figure if he tries to get by.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The attacker surprises Broccan in heading into the shop rather than towards the back door.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

got the roll wrong, should be +2 instead of -1, but that just means its a grand total of 8, so Canvy is standing there just watching again.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Keygan
Initiative roll
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Keyga begins to cast a spell, but everyone gets to act before the spell occurs....

spellcraft
DC 13

Spoiler:

Color Spray

A cloaked figure bursts into the room from the back and is not running towards the door......


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree shouts to the others...

"Stop that thing it just attacked us!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

You still hear/see nothing unusual...
Did you want to follow-up with the half-elves?
I think 1 specific question might be OK!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:
KenderKin wrote:

Canvy

** spoiler omitted **

DM Kender Kin:

Canvy would ask 2 questions to the half-elves, 1) where can they meet again, because we might have some mutually beneficial help for one another, and 2) why were they hiding from Canvy and his friends, when it makes them look very suspicious?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

"We are investigating (tailing and observing) and looking into the kidnappings hoped your party would stir the pot we thought to observe what came out of it, such as your investigation of the orphanage or the locksmith. Also might be able to assist if things took a bad turn."

Sense Motive
DC 10+

Spoiler:

generally get a good sense these guys are trying to help

DC 15+

Spoiler:

Yeah help themselves to an easy reward after you do all the work

[/spoiler]

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:
KenderKin wrote:

Canvy

** spoiler omitted **

Sense Motive
DC 10+
** spoiler omitted **

DC 15+
** spoiler omitted **
[/spoiler]

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Canvy turns to the Half-elves Well thanks, that would be a great help, come meet the rest of us, I'm sure you can help. Or we can meet for a drink after we have finished with the locksmith's shop.


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Ah knew somethin' weren't right back 'ere.

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Spellcraft 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Questions before I can decide what I'm going to do: Can I determine who the shopkeeper's casting his spell on? Can I maneuver so the shopkeeper has to choose between Minniwick or myself if he appears to be targetting us? Can I get close enough to spoil the spell with a nonlethal attack?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Casting color spray, in this tight quarters likely everyone would be hit....

Yes you have the ability to grapple etc......


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:
Ah 'ope yer more socially adept 'an Ah 'm, potion-maker!

Edrukk: No idea what you said there.

KenderKin not sure if you want a Perception each time you posted a spoiler or if the one I posted originally (rolled a 20) is good for all of them

Initiative 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

When he can Minniwick will take cover behind the nearest chair/chest/counter and then call out "rats come forth and swarm" with a grand gesture to our cloaked figure the sound of a swarm of rats comes from beneath the floorboards at his feet.

Ghost Sound DC13


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Minniwick: I know, that's just part of his dwarven appeal. With the arrival of an attacker, it's moot.

Deciding between the gnome and the cloaked figure that attacked Sanstree, the dwarf hopes for the best from the spell and attacks the cloaked figure. Decided against nonlethal, this is a normal attack.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The cloaked creature falls under Edrukk's mighty blow...

The locksmith immediately throws his hands into the air and stops casting his spell.

"Thank you! You have saved me from these evil scoundrels!"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree checks the downed figure.....

"Broccan should we finish em?"


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

"No' if'n 'e c'n be fer answerin' some questions, Ah'm thinkin'."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Edrukk stares at the gnome hard. "Ye 'r a funny 'un t' need savin', walkin' 'round 'n yer own. What 'as keepin' ye from talkin' t' th' 'thorities?"

Heal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

If the cloaked figure lives, Edrukk will bind his/her/its wounds as best he can.

"Ah'm guessin' yer Kee-gun, right? D'ye 'ave some bandages 'r clean cloth Ah c'n use t' stop th' bleedin'. We 'r fer needin' t' know what 'e knows 'bout th' missin' children." I believe there is a penalty to the Heal check if he lacks the proper equipment, but he's not sure he wants to use the Lord in Iron's blessing on a cowardly kidnapper. If he cannot bind the wounds, he will channel energy on the second round after telling Broccan to keep the patient from fleeing in case he becomes conscious.


Male Human Fighter/7

"Mast'r Edrukk's right, boy-o. If 'ees still liv'n, we need t'get the childr'ns where'bouts fr'm'em."

Provided the cloaked figure still lives, Broccan will happily sit on him and make sure he doesn't skip out.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The gnome collects his thoughts

"They came upon me in the night into my very home these did come, and took my rat familiar Starbrow, he is located in a dark place within one mile, he is hungry and afraid. There are tall ones and short ones…Tall ones resemble naked, hairless, genderless humans with blue pupiless eyes and gray skin that changes color. Usually work in duo’s or trio’s, leave the shop wearing cloaks….Short ones sinister gnomelike creatures with pallid skin, large noses and soft black hooves for feet they wear black cloaks with cowls. They have a common language but I do not know the language."

The gnome looks nervously at a grandfather clock by the wall...

"No one individual seems to be in charge, No one seems to be leading....I made them three different keys, that can open most of the town’s locks, the keys are carried by one of the tall ones on a silver ring. Tall ones wield rapiers and light crossbows, short ones wield daggers, they live in the ruins of Jzadirune."

"Do you know about Jzadirune?"


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
KenderKin wrote:
"Do you know about Jzadirune?"

"I was born and raised in Jzadirune. My city is gone. 75 years ago they kicked us out and sealed the city, to keep the vanishing from spreading." He looks very nostalgic and you can see the weight of his years on his face. In a wispy voice talking to himself. "Never again to hear the welcoming cries of Jzadirune"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Yes they sealed the city Jzadirune as you say was a small enclave inhabited by gnome spellcasters. Was abandoned 75 years ago after a magical plague called the Vanishing swept through it. The disease caused several of the residents to slowly fade away into nothingness.
Jzadirune doors are gear shaped and designed to roll to one side or the other. Many of them bore traps that only the gnomes could safely bypass."

the locksmith leans forward...

"It is sealed no more and abandoned no more, I have a map of it."

The smith takes you to his bedroom...

This richly appointed bedroom holds furniture sized for a person of small stature. A coat rack sits by the door, while elsewhere in the room sit a cozy bed with a hand-sewn comforter, a clean bedpan, a chest of drawers at the foot of the bed, a wooden screen with birds painted on its panels, a wardrobe, and a small bookcase with some books and trinkets on it. A lantern sits atop a small end table by the bed.

From the bottom drawer he pulls an old leather map...

Players map of Jzadirune

He then takes you to the wall and a large clock that has set there for 75 years and more opening the large door you see.....

A stone staircase, its steps shrouded with cobwebs and dust, descends twenty feet to a ten-foot-square landing, then bends to the right and plunges into darkness.

"More of them will be coming up when this one does not return!"


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan peers down into the darkness.

"More of'em, eh? How many more?...If we go down there 's gonna make the citad'l look righ' cheery by comparis'n."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree points under Broccan.....

"Suren he or she can tell us ow many!"

"Has anyone seen Canvy?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Looking out of the window of the shop, you can see Canvy leaning against the frame of the building opposite. His eyes, are they closed, no he shakes his head left and right before his eyelids seem to shut again.

From my last post, I assume the half-elves disappeared, but did hey leave me somewhere to contact them?


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Examine the cloaked figure that attacked us. Tie it up, "little help here this thing is huge. As much as I would love to return home I think we should ask this...a few questions first" To Keygan "How long have you known about this? If they let you go outside why did you not tell the guard?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The unconscious creature once stripped down the 'Tall One' resembles a naked, hairless, genderless human with blue pupiless eyes and gray skin that changes color.

Keygan:
"They came upon me in the night in my home, they esorcered me, took my familiar and forced me to make master keys to let them into places, they have a guard on me all the time and follow me around in the streets...."

The gnome seems greatly relieved in being caught


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree inspects the creature....

"Mighten be a doppleganger or some other magic created beast it has no way o reproducing itsself."

"Should we turn tha old fellow over tah the town guard afore we go intah this hole?"

Sanstree then goes out to retrieve Canvy.....


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Edrukk will get in the creature's face, "D'ye speak, creature? 'at be yer name? Why 'r ye stealin' children 'n th' night? Why should Ah not just finish guttin' yer pale 'ide right 'ere?"

Hoping nearly gutting him will give me a circumstance bonus to intimidating him:

Intimidate 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy opens one eye as Sanstree nears, yawns and says "How's it been, you've been nice and quiet in there, had a nice little chat with the old boy?"

As Canvy he listens to Sanstree tell him what's gone on. As Canvy enters the shop, he sees Edrukk standing over the creature Sanstree told him threatening to gut him. Canvy stops and watches whist edrukk does his stuff.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The creature makes several faces at you and then speaks to you rapidly in a language you do not understand....

Undercommon

Spoiler:

Soon my brothers will be here and they will rise up and kill you!


Male Human Fighter/7

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Broccan listens to the torrent of meaningless words, trying to sense the emotion behind them.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

"He is speaking in Undercommon. I can act as a translator. What do you want to ask it?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Well you could tel us what he just said for a start?"

I assume Minniwick does, so we can read the undercommon spoiler above.

"Ask him how many brothers and sisters he has? His pleas for them are falling on deaf ears here. Doubt he'll know much else, if he was just sent up here as a 'protector' for the locksmith. Let's just take him to the guard and let them meet out true justice. May even be a reward for him." as he says this Canvy's eyes shine and a wicked smile crosses his face.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

He goes a bit red in the face "I was getting to that. He said

bad guy wrote:
Soon my brothers will be here and they will rise up and kill you!

Minniwick will continue to translate whatever questions the more intimidating big people ask.


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan moves away from the creature, as Edrukk and Minniwick seem to have him well in-hand. He makes a slow sweep of the shop, peering out various windows, looking down the flight of hidden stairs, as well as out the front and back entrances. He is looking for anything or anyone dangerous coming after them.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy pointing to the creature says with a snarl, "So, where did this nasty piece of work come from? If it expects there to be more of them arriving, I'd rather we were a bit prepared for them? Find a pinch point and hold it, that's what we used to do. It would be so much better to lay an ambush at such a place, surprise 'em and dispatch the evil little critters. I seem to remember something about not having that goat too close in fights, now why was that?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"I can get tha town guard an we kan turn tha creature over tah them sayin we spect its involved inna kidnappins an we can go down for any o em come out an find tha children befor theyare moved."

"Minniwick askem where tha children are."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

A lot of arm twisting later with Minniwick acting as interpretor

It is nearing 4 PM at the shop, so it is expected to close and likely the night stalkers will be coming up soon......

...Those taken are auctioned through an underdark slaver

....The children are likely to be auctioned soon

.....Tall ones will be coming up to take others likely in a group of 3 or more and the short ones also operate in groups.

....You will die when the others arrive!

Everyone needs perception checks!


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

I didn't jump into the interrogation because you guys seemed to have it in hand. I just stood there looking mean, I guess.


Male Human Fighter/7

Hopefully, this one will be better than the last few...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Oh well, at least it's double digits...LOL.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Canvy waits by the door to the underground city of Jzadirune, he would hopefully have Broccan with him, leaving Edruuk, Sanstree, Erine and Minniwick to look after the creature.

How do we want to surprise these creatures, and try and keep them at a disadvantage, fighting one at a time, rather than allowing them space? Do we want to be able to shut the door to stop them returning to the underground. We should have had enough time to set up a defense against the ones coming up from below.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

perception1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

CRAP! I lost my dot somehow, and didn't notice the posts on this thread. Sorry about that, I hope I didn't hold anything up.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"I have a really bad feeling about this," Erine whispers. "They're taking young and old alike, and not just humans. Why would slavers do that? It's impractical."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

A stone staircase, its steps shrouded with cobwebs and dust, descends twenty feet to a ten-foot-square landing, then bends to the right and plunges continues where you can not see.

Erine

Spoiler:

No hold-up at all

Emptying the creatures pockets/equipment

Spoiler:

Rapier, Light Crossbow, bolts, 2 Thunderstones.....


Male Human Fighter/7

"If more of'em'll be come'n up from th' stairs, I guess we bes'be ready for 'em. I cn'stand'n the door'n hold'em a littl'wile, bu' we need t'have a plan t'push'm back."


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

"'n what 'r we doin' wit' th' one we 'ave?"

Edrukk scowls down at the creature, turns his blade point down on its chest and takes a two-handed grip as if to shove straight down through it and the floor.

To Minniwick, he growls, "Ask 'im why Ah should be fer lettin' 'im live long enough fer 'is brothers t' come rescue 'is pale 'ide. Ask 'im what information 'e 'as 'at would be of enough value fer me t' not end 'is conversation right now."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Through Edrukk's way of winning friends and influencing people....

and MinniWick's translation it seems likely that a group coming up and meeting resistance will likely retreat and alert all of the others leaving everyone very outnumbered.......


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Canvy seems if I am up here close enough I can cast a spell tah make the area behindem slippery so they can not retreat an have no choice but tah be cut down by ye, Broccan an Edrukk!"


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Hearing the latest information from the captured creature, Edrukk smiles and nods. He removes his sword from the creature's chest, puts it back in its scabbard, and steps to the side, letting it sit up.

"N' what do we do wit' it? If'n we believe it, 'is family is on 'eir way 'n will be backin' up 'n bringin' th' whole lot o' 'em rather 'an fightin' us straight-up. Ah'm fer thinkin' we need t' let 'em out like nothin' 'as changed 'n prevent 'em from goin' back fer th' cousins."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:

Hearing the latest information from the captured creature, Edrukk smiles and nods. He removes his sword from the creature's chest, puts it back in its scabbard, and steps to the side, letting it sit up.

"N' what do we do wit' it? If'n we believe it, 'is family is on 'eir way 'n will be backin' up 'n bringin' th' whole lot o' 'em rather 'an fightin' us straight-up. Ah'm fer thinkin' we need t' let 'em out like nothin' 'as changed 'n prevent 'em from goin' back fer th' cousins."

"Won't work. He'll just go and tell them, and they'll come anyways."

351 to 400 of 5,787 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.