Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


3,651 to 3,700 of 5,502 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 +1 with guidance and +4 from aid another. 21 total (no switch flip before entering). If they were adding to my original perception check for traps then it is a total of 30 (flip the switch before entering)

"I think you may be right, but I do not see anything." He will step into the room saying. "Triel! You have a lot to answer for.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Is everyone letting Minniwick march in first?

Who is second, third, etc.....


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan enters second.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine, as usual, enters last, and readies some components.
Readying an action to cast ray of enfeeblement if the fight starts.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The door sprouts razors and begins to spin vigorously! The Door knocks Minniwick into the room and attacks Broccan

@Broccan
Attack 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 (flat footed)
Damage 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

If it hits you are pinned! Strength DC 28 or Escape artist DC 26.

Minniwick is trapped in the room with the lady!
Minniwick

Spoiler:

The lady rises from the tub in full plate armor, she grabs her helmet as well....

You get an action.

You are up!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine's eyes widen. She reaches into her pocket and grabs the pearl of power. It glows brightly, then goes black.
Recovering Summon Monster II.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

"Who takes a bath in full plate! Lady you have a lot more then a screw loose. Suck fire!

Incoming! ranged touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12 Main target on fire (1d6) until extinguished (FRA+Ref save). Splash 10' radius 6 pts Ref DC 16 for 1/2

chuck the bomb and move to a spot where I can not be reached, behind a desk or under a table. Stick and move!!!

Edit: Your dry now!


Male Human Fighter/7

I've no shot of making either roll unaided, but for the sake of something to work from:

Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy?


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Can Edrukk reach Broccan to deliver a touch spell? Would its effects be included in his strength check (Bull's Strength).


Even with Bull's Strength, it's only a 22. That'll require three other Aids.
To that end, however...

Goat trots over, reaches around the whirring blades and clamps his teeth down on Broccan's collar.
Strength (aiding): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
That's another +2 to the check.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy calls once more for divine help as his eyes color green, then pulls at Broccan trying to get him clear of the blades.

Casts guidance on Broccan
Strength Check aid another 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Should give +3 to Broccan's check.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Aid another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

I'm pretty sure the Strength check is a standard action, though I might be wrong.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Alot of effort goes into freeing Broccan from the door....

The trap jams half open, that will need to be squeezed through for medium character, or just moved through for small characters...

What are you doing?

Broccan (remember to add Bulls strength for duration)

Minniwick

Spoiler:

Triel is on fire for a second, though she decides to dunk herself in the tub to put out the fire.

What are you doing?


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine draws her metamagic rod and gives it a flick. "Sul!

Behind The Door:
A white, red-eyed squid appears in the tub. Profanities against the squid's summoner can be seen under its pale skin, written in dark ink. The fiendish squid lashes out at the woman.
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Tentacles: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
It proves remarkably inaccurate.
Note the squid has Fire Resistance 5 and SR 6.

Quicken Casting Summon Monster II.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Not really paying attention, Erine then places her hand on Broccan's shoulder. Her hand glows, and some of Broccan's wounds vanish.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan bellows, and forays forward, slashing the sodden succubus tussling with the tentacled terror in the tub.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Alliteration! :D


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

You just stay in that tub and keep your hands where I can see them! Make a false move or get out of the tub and Firebomb!" Ready a bomb and if she gets out of the bath, starts to cast or throws anything at me light her up!

Edit: You are one twisted lady. You take tentacle baths! Hey, that thing don't look friendly. Are you sure you wanted to jump in there?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The woman's dark armor shrugs off Broccans Blow as she ignores Erines conjured bath toy.

"You should have taken me up on that bath big man!"

She picks up a halberd and readies for battle...

Your turn!


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Is Canvy in bot mode? If so, he will squeeze into the room to aid the others. Edrukk will follow.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

The squid in the tub attacks again.
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Tentacles: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
If the latter hits...
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Grab: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
If it can, the squid will move to flank with someone, making the above attacks a 10, a 22 and a 27, respectively.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

I said stay in the bath. Incoming! ranged touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11 Main target on fire (1d6) until extinguished (FRA+Ref save). Splash 10' radius 6 pts Ref DC 16 for 1/2 Make sure to Exclude the squid, Broccan and up to two more friendly targets if they are in the area.


Male Human Fighter/7

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Broccan brings his brandished blade back with a brutal bang against the vivacious vixen's vizored visage.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Awesome alliteration FTW!


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Erines tentacled terror tugs tightly...

Minniwick

Spoiler:

When you ducked behind a cot, you mnoticed a couple of sturdy lock boxes under her cot..

Minniwick lights her back on fire, steam comes from the dark armor in combination with the water still on it.

Broccan's brutal bang bashes!

Canvy?

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy dashes across and calls out to bring the greatness of madness onto his falchion, allowing it to strike with great venom at his enemies. His blade becomes a beacon of blue bestial beams of light baying for blood.

Casts magic weapon on his falchion and moves into strike range.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Edrukk squeezes through the jammed door.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The woman in her spiked full plate armor turns her full attention upon Broccan!

Attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 & 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Damage
1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

You are up!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

So, did the squid hit/grapple, or what? I'm guessing the grapple failed, since she's still able to attack, but it was kind of unclear.

The squid lashes out again.
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Bite Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Tentacles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Tentacles Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Tentacles Grab: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Looks like that might be a successful grapple, if a 21 hits.


Male Human Fighter/7

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Take tha' y' wa'tery tart!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The tentacled terror grapples the spiky armor and hates it alot!
"Perpare to di....." as the tentacle clamps over the mouth of the vixen!

Broccan connects with a solid blow.

She is grappled and easier to hit now!


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Watch her burn 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

She's in water. Will she really be burning?


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Yep! The tentacles are keeping her high and dry! That is my story and I am sticking to it. :-)

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy attempts to hit the woman with his weapon, as he calls to Edrukk, "What about some healing for us then, eh!" with that he splits into two warriors wielding falchions.

Falchion attack1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16 (with magic weapon spell)
Falchion damage2d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 + 1 = 8

Copycat (move action) .. to give a second image.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

The dwarf grumbles, but grasps the hilt of his sword and utters a prayer to the Lord in Iron.

Channel Energy, excluding the woman in the tub from healing.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

He will attempt to circle the tub, sword in hand, to get a flanking position on the woman.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Triels eyes flash a dark black color as she calls upon the power of her dark lord and master.

The darkness seems to ignite her armor and weapon as she smites Broccan!

"Damn you! Damn you all!"

Attack 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 & 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 & 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Spoiler:

this is from the shackled city book smite is +4 and +3 so the paizo math may not add up right!
....close enough for us ;)

Ouch Broccan takes a whomping, from the pun police ;)

You are up!


Male Human Fighter/7

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Staggered by the slattern's sword slice to his solar plexus, Broccan braves a back-swing that, far from felling the ferocious female, whistles wide without wounding the wearisome wench.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

A 4 that is weak sauce......

Somebody save Broccan!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Isn't the squid still grappling her? How did she attack?
The squid attempts to maintain the grapple and establish a pin.
CMB + Flank + Controlling Grapple: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 + 5 = 28
If that's successful, she is pinned and loses her Dexterity bonus to AC.
The squid has one round remaining.

Erine darts beneath the trap and positions herself to fire. Then, she raises a hand towards the woman and shouts, "Feil!"
A beam of mist shoots from her palm at Triel.
Ranged Touch Attack - Shooting Into Melee: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
So first off, this is a touch attack. So no armor bonuses.
Then, her Dexterity is ignored unless it now gives a penalty (since it's been reduced by -4 by the grapple).
Then, the pin reduces her AC by -4.
Because she's wearing full plate, she probably isn't agile. So this has the potential to decrease her AC to as little as 4, if she normally has a Dexterity lower than 12 and has nothing increasing her AC that is included in a touch attack.
So this may hit. If it does, she has to make a Fortitude save, DC 15, or take 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 strength damage, which lasts for 4 rounds. If she makes the save, the damage is halved.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Erine
Calimari

Spoiler:

Tentacles grapple, holding over the water, minniwick flames = cooked tentacle, try some it tastes good......= loss of grapple....

That is how I picture the action in my head....

Edrukk and/or Canvy can end this!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

KK:
Understood.

Forced off the woman by Minniwick's bombs, the squid simply lashes out at her.
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Tentacles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Edrukk continues his movement until he has a flank before attacking.

Greatsword Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 including the flank bonus
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11

Greatsword Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18 including the flank bonus
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12

Oh, my - that may be the closest the old dwarf's gotten to a critical hit for a very long time!


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

If the squid does not get grapple then she still burns! 1d6 ⇒ 6

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy anggered by the woman's assault on his friend, brings his falchion down with force and venom on the armored lady, "Eat this spawn of evil.".

Falchion attack 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 26 with flanking and magic weapon
Falchion damage 2d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 + 1 = 12
Falchion confirm 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 27 with flanking and magic weapon
Falchion damage 2d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 + 1 = 10


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The woman goes down a foul curse upon her lips as she dies, then she gurgles, you are unable to tell if the gurgling is blood or water as the squid pulls the armor off of this land crustacian an eats the tender insides....

The water churns and the bubbles turn crimson.

Broccan is saved!

Loot

Spoiler:

+1 silver Halberd, +1 spiked full plate, 3 wands of control water (50 charges each), wand cure serious wounds (7 charges), 2 potions cure light wounds, scrolls: cure moderate and hold person, 1 everburning torch, silver holy symbol, leather pouch (30 gold, 4 plat. Key ring)


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Hey look what I found under this cot! A couple of sturdy lock-boxes.


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan will happy upgrade to magical spiked full plate, if no one wishes to claim it.

3,651 to 3,700 of 5,502 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.