Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


3,451 to 3,500 of 5,422 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Goat puts on the cloak and looks at you as if to ask which way.......


Male Human Fighter/7

"Les' check th' rest'eh th' rooms off th' main'all 'fore we go backinn'eh webs."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine blinks. "Oh. Um, y-yeah, sounds like a plan."
The little witch seems a bit distracted by the surreal sight of her goat in a cape.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Area 31 awaits......

A 6 foot tall hideous purple creature stands in the corner, as you enter it turns around its face is that of a spider, and its hands are sickle-shaped claws. The chitin shell scrapes on the stone of the far wall.

Perception and initiatives Please!

Ettercap initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Good Luck!


Male Human Fighter/7

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Edit:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

and perception.....

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Canvy looks at the thing in disgust.

Don't you just love it when the DM wishes you luck!!!! this might hurt.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Coming in last as rearguard, Edrukk narrows his eyes at the thing, but looks around the rest of the chamber, confident that the others will give warning if necessary.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Initiative; Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 21d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Broccan

Spoiler:

Some rocks and timbers in the area over-head look very much like a deadfall trap!

The creature opens it's mouth and shoots webbing at Broccan
Ranged touch attack

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

It almost seems to smile as it ascends the back wall of the chamber.


Male Human Fighter/7

"Get ou' th' room, yh' roof's trapp'd t' fall!"

Broccan tries to dodge the webs, but his heavily armored body makes an easy target.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The creature climbs the wall and attempts another web aiming at Edrukk

Ranged touch attack

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Strength check DC 15 to burst the webs!

Perception DC 16

Spoiler:

The creature is headed up to a large rope-like web overhead that seems attached to the deadfall over-head....


Male Human Fighter/7

Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Broccan tears free of the webs and moves back out of the room, pushing the others out into the hallway.

"Move quick! It's gon' t' drop the roof!"


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine does as Broccan says, backing away hurriedly.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Ini 1d20 ⇒ 18 Per 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Back out of the room as soon as there is room

Minniwick will toss back a vial like a shot as he is leaving Alchemical Allocation


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

Edrukk moves to aid Broccan before realizing he needs it not, then rushes the others out the door and some distance away. "'e's n' goin' t' let 's close. Get yer bows ready if'n 'e comes out."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy leaves the room and decides to have his polearm ready, the extra reach should help.


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan draws a javelin, and prepares to hurl it.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

With everyone beating a hasty retreat from the room the ettercap stops near the rope and waits.

Call for ranged and magical attacks......


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

There's a rope?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Yes the rope runs across the celing and apparently is used to set off the deadfall.

The ettercap is waiting to pull it.


Male Human Fighter/7

"Is' no com'n af' trus. P'raps it jus' wants t' be left'lone. Anne'one speak spider-man?"


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

"No' I. But Ah'll try t' talk t' 'im if'n ye wish."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Knowledge (dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Erine tries to remember if she's ever heard of the strange spider-creature.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Erine

Spoiler:

Ettercaps are typically 6 feet tall and weigh about 200 pounds. They are solitary creatures and rarely group with others of their kind, even to mate. When they do group, they tend to attract a variety of different spiders, forming a strange collective of ettercaps and arachnids. Ettercaps are known for building cunning traps out of webs and other natural materials, using them to trap prey. They build shelters out of webbing, often high up in the trees away from other ground-based predators, and use monstrous spiders as lookouts and guardians.

Ettercaps are not brave creatures, but their traps often ensure that the enemy never draws a weapon. When an ettercap does engage its enemies, it attacks with its claws and venomous bite. It usually refuses to come within melee reach of any foe that is still able to move, and flees if an opponent gets free.

You have heard that many speak common and have some type of empathy with spiders

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Stalemate...do these spidermen store their valuables near by, we could leave it alone if it don't have no gold." says Canvy a little put out by the stand too.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

"It's an ettercap. Th-they speak the Common tongue."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Go away ugly few-legs!"


Male Human Fighter/7

"Tell'us 'bout th' oth'rs down'ere, and we'll leave ye be."

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

Edrukk hands his greatsword to the fighter. "Ah c'n try t' talk t' 'im. 'old me sword 'n keep 'n eye out, wouldye?"

Moving toward the door, but stopping a respectful distance out, hands up in a 'hiding no weapon' gesture, the dwarf addresses the creature, "Aye, we need not 'ave trouble wit' ye. We be lookin' fer th' ones 'at stole wands from th' city above. We need t' know where 'ey hid th' wands, if'n ye know 'at."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"What will you pay for a wand?"


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

"'ow d'we know ye 'ave one? 'r d'ye 'ave more 'n one?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Pay! pay for stolen goods, could we not come to some other arrangement, perhaps there's something we could do for you that money couldn't buy?" says Canvy, obviously put out at the idea of parting with gold.

Diplomacy aid another 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Pay or go!"


Male Human Fighter/7

"Wha' wilya take fer paym'nt?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"500 gold coins."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

"Bah, 'e be bluffin'. 'e dinnae 'ave th' wand 'r 'e woulda showed 's. 'sides, one wand won' do much good wit' out th' others."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

the creature points away through a tunnel

"Clatto has one, you gives gold, I gets."

Sense motive DC 16

Spoiler:

Seems to be telling the truth

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"Who's Clatto? where is he? he might have already given us his gift of a wand?" asks the half-orc, sure that this creature could get the wand for the price, but.....


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Clatto big spider."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Erine

Spoiler:

You are pretty sure the creature wants to eat you and mate with goat!


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

"Ah be wantin' t' know where th' other wands be. C'n ye be tellin' 's 'at?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy moves close to Edrukk and whispers quietly in his ear, "You think we can make a profit by buying this wand from this one here. Would save us having to fight an ugly great spider. What do ya think?"


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

Whispers back, "Sure. If'n we 'ave t' pay 500 gold fer every wand, we 'ill be 'avin' t' go topside fer for more coin. Ah c'n buy 'is one. Ye gonna buy th' next?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Clatto has one wand ugly human has other wands. Ugly human be mad not care bout human wants gold."

Counter-offer?


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

"Fer th' wand 'n 'ow t' find th' ugly 'uman, we'll pay ye 500 gold. Deal?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Sure counts golds few-legs."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

Edrukk sets his pack on the ground and starts counting. He stops at 20. "'ere be yer downpayment. Take 't wit' ye 'r leave 't 'ere. Ah'll start countin' th' rest when ye go get 'at wand."

He puts the four stacks of five coins just inside the door of the room, backs away, and stands with his arms crossed.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"You know Edruuk, you don't think you be buyin that wand we found in the room with the webs do you? I mean, that's where a big old spider would have kept such a treasure?" Canvy asks with concern to Edrukk. "We might just be buyin what we already got!" He starts to look a bit panicky, not sure if they should move on before the spider/man should come back.

3,451 to 3,500 of 5,422 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.