Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


301 to 350 of 5,249 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA
Minniwick Zookwinkle wrote:
KenderKin wrote:
The locks require the key from both the inside and the outside.
"How does that work?"

The key hole opens to both the inside and the outside of the door the lock is built into the door, it is designed so that the lock can be engaged or disengaged only with the key, but from either side of the door.

It is designed to keep potential runaway orphans in and keep others out at the same time!

Spoiler:

You guess that the key has some degree of symetry on the front and back ends such that each side works either way....of course the turns would be in opposite directions depending on the side of the door....


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Any answer?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA
Erine Wintyle wrote:
Any answer?

You suspect that he could re-create a key w/o too much trouble, assuming he does not keep a copy or does not have a master key.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
KenderKin wrote:
Minniwick Zookwinkle wrote:
KenderKin wrote:
The locks require the key from both the inside and the outside.
"How does that work?"

The key hole opens to both the inside and the outside of the door the lock is built into the door, it is designed so that the lock can be engaged or disengaged only with the key, but from either side of the door.

It is designed to keep potential runaway orphans in and keep others out at the same time!

** spoiler omitted **

"I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying the you had to have someone on the outside and the inside at the same time, each with a key, to open the door."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
Erine Wintyle wrote:
Sanstree wrote:
Erine Wintyle wrote:
"The locks are the key..." Erine murmurs. "How familiar is this Ghelve with your locks?"
"Sounds like he could maka key even if she lost tha one she has!"
Erine rolls her eyes. "Yes, obviously. I'm wondering whether he would need these locks to make keys for them, or if he has some sort of blueprint."

"If he keeps his the blueprints of his work and records of where he installed them he would not need the key to make a new one". For a moment he puts his hand on the side of his face while tapping his temple with one finger, "or it would be easy to just keep a key and mark it with the house or business name so you could make copies in the future. Lot's of ways to do it. I guess we could just go to his shop and ask."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine starts speaking in an odd, babbling, halting tongue.

Gnomic:
"The glue...the locks...are the male keys.

"Wait, no..."
Gnomic:
"...are the key. I think is...I think the locks are a hint. A clue...either this girl is...either the woman is res...responsible, or the locksmith is. Or...a child was false...with magic. But the locks are important. They are the key."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
Erine Wintyle wrote:

Erine starts speaking in an odd, babbling, halting tongue.

** spoiler omitted **
"Wait, no..."
** spoiler omitted **

Gnomish:
Agreed.

"Does Keygan Ghelve have a store-front here in Cauldron?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Hmm, I've heard of locksmiths that are also members of the Thieves Guild, how can you trust anyone these days. Mind you, you never know if there's a bit of coercion going on, threats and stuff. It was always the officers that dealt with stuff like that, but I guess now I'll have to step up. Let's be visiting this guy."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

With very little instruction you quickly find

A small turret dominates the facade of this two-story black stone building. Iron bars are embedded in the thick window frames. Beyond the turret's ground-floor windows sits a lovely display of locks, from large to small, simple to complex. To the left of the turret, above a heavy oak door, swings a simple sign that reads “GHELVE'S LOCKS”.

Looking in the window around lunch time you see

Two padded chairs flank a hearth containing a small yet lively fire. The fireplace's carved mantle bears a tinderbox, a small vase of dried smoking leaves, and a finely wrought collection of pipes. A burgundy strip of carpet leads from the entrance to the wall across from it, where dozens - perhaps hundreds - of keys hang from tiny hooks. The keys come in all shapes and sizes. A handsomely engraved mahogany counter stretches along one wall. Behind it hangs a red curtain that neatly hides the rest of the store.

Spoiler:

hope no one minds me moving the location


Male Human Fighter/6

Broccan looks around the area, wondering if anyone has been following them.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Looking into the window Minniwick asks no one in particular, "Could it be that literal?" After tying up bubbles he goes inside.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Minniwick Zookwinkle wrote:
Looking into the window Minniwick asks no one in particular, "Could it be that literal?" After tying up bubbles he goes inside.

"Yes...'beyond the curtain'. Don't let the locksmith see we suspect, though."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

"Huh, 'ere ye go. Jus' foll' th' riddle 'n order, mebbe. Figger outta line, leads t' th' next line."

Edrukk will go in, as well, and browse the merchandise on display, but he will let someone else do the talking.

Wow, you guys are busy! 23 posts since I last looked!

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy, seeing several of the group go inside, stays outside and crosses to the other side of the road, as though nothing to do with the people who just entered the shop. He watches them go in and watches them through the window. He spends most of his time trying to be unobtrusive and watchful, for others coming in or out of the shop, or acting suspiciously.

Stealth 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA
Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:

"Huh, 'ere ye go. Jus' foll' th' riddle 'n order, mebbe. Figger outta line, leads t' th' next line."

Edrukk will go in, as well, and browse the merchandise on display, but he will let someone else do the talking.

Wow, you guys are busy! 23 posts since I last looked!

Edrukk

Spoiler:

Are things moving too fast?

Does anyone want to create a map that shows the stops made in the city thus far?

I think it would help tremendously to see that
gate, temple, orphanage, locksmiths on the map!

(note the temple would be labeled as St. Cuthbert on the map rather than as the temple you visited)....


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)
KenderKin wrote:
Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:

"Huh, 'ere ye go. Jus' foll' th' riddle 'n order, mebbe. Figger outta line, leads t' th' next line."

Edrukk will go in, as well, and browse the merchandise on display, but he will let someone else do the talking.

Wow, you guys are busy! 23 posts since I last looked!

Edrukk

** spoiler omitted **

Does anyone want to create a map that shows the stops made in the city thus far?

I think it would help tremendously to see that
gate, temple, orphanage, locksmiths on the map!

(note the temple would be labeled as St. Cuthbert on the map rather than as the temple you visited)....

DM KK:

Spoiler:
No problem at all, just surprising after our past rate of posting. For the record, I cannot guarantee that I can post more than once or twice a day. Most days, I check more often and nothing has happened, so I don't post, so this was a surprise. If Edrukk is holding things up, don't hesitate to DMPC him as necessary. I'll not take offense.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Link to Current Map
White=Lucky Monkey Gate
Purple=Key Shop
Blue=Orphanage
Red=Church


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Looking through the windows into the store

MW

Spoiler:

Thanks for the assist

You also notice that the shop is locked with three locks set in the iron bound door and sturdy bars covered with shutters are over the windows...

As the bell tolls for one o'clock a 6 foot tall man approaches he has short salt and pepper hair, a neatly trimmed mustache and goatee, bushy eyebrows, a creased face and graven frown....

He carries a ring of keys and a toolbelt.

perception
DC 10

Spoiler:

likely your "man" but is wearing stilts


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Edrukk is apparently admiring the merchandise through the windows rather than within the showroom...

Man, what man?


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Preception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"Good afternoon sir, I hope you had a good lunch." Minniwick then just waits by the door for him to open up shop for the afternoon.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Always good to have business waitin at ones door I always say"

He uses three different keys to unlock his sturdy shop door

"What can I do yah for this afternoon?"
He pushes the door open...

"After you...
He offers gratiously...

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

From across the road Canvy watches as Minniwick enters the store.


Male Human Fighter/6

After the man steps inside, Broccan whispers to the rest of the group. "If this fella's shady, 'e migh'try t'skip ou' th'back. I thin' I shou' make sure 'e don'."

Broccan circles around the back of the building, looking for a back or side door. If he finds one, he will wait and watch it for anyone who might try to leave through it. He also looks for signs of anyone following the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Edrukk will accompany Minniwick into the store, but letting the gnome do the talking.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3

Sanstree quickly opts to follow Broccan to keep him out of any trouble

"Yer not fer gettin intah trouble by yerself then."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

As you wait for the others across the street you notice a pair of half-elves back from the way you came they seem to have positioned themselves behind a barrel close to a building and are watching the party enter the store. One with with a green tunic and long brown hair, the other with a white shirt and short wavy blonde hair.....
[/spoiler

Broccan & Sanstree
[spoiler]
You find the rear of the store and take up a position!

Minniwick & Edrukk

Spoiler:

You enter the shop and it is the same as through the window except for the smell of pipe smoke....


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Looking over his locks for a few minutes, making small talk about the day and likening this model, that design and what would be a good lock to secure a travelling donkey cart.

After some haggling over a lock or two. Slip this in as part of a haggle but keep a good eye on his reaction.

"I do like your locks but I am a bit concerned about something I heard. You made the locks at the Lantern Street Orphanage. Do not know if I could pay full price for goods. Whoever took them kids got past doors secured with your locks. What kind of discount does that get you?"

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

If he gets upset Minniwick is very apologetic and plays it off in his best old Gnome act, "just asking, You can not blame a Gnome for asking about quality. I did not mean any harm"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"I feel sorry for that, it is a horrible thing..."

The shop keeper looks at his feet.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)
KenderKin wrote:

"I feel sorry for that, it is a horrible thing..."

The shop keeper looks at his feet.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Ah 'ope yer more socially adept 'an Ah 'm, potion-maker!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Erine peers at the locksmith.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The locksmith seems honest in his sorrow for the kidnappings.

Sense Motive/perception
greater than 12

Spoiler:

Guilt is written all over the mans face, and he has begun to sweat profusely......

15 or more

Spoiler:

Additionally you notice that he has arched his eyebrows and nodding back over his shoulder.....towards the back of the shop....

20 or more

Spoiler:

The man is indicating he is not alone in the shop and is afraid....


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
KenderKin wrote:

The locksmith seems honest in his sorrow for the kidnappings.

Sense Motive/perception
greater than 12
** spoiler omitted **

15 or more
** spoiler omitted **

20 or more
** spoiler omitted **

Can I make a perception check in addition to the Sense Motive, or what? If I can: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA
Erine Wintyle wrote:
KenderKin wrote:

The locksmith seems honest in his sorrow for the kidnappings.

Sense Motive/perception
greater than 12
** spoiler omitted **

15 or more
** spoiler omitted **

20 or more
** spoiler omitted **

Can I make a perception check in addition to the Sense Motive, or what? If I can: 1d20+2

sure!

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy moves on from his position, leaving the rest of the group to look after themselves, he takes the next turning. He checks that he is not being followed, by looking back around the corner as he turns. Once out of sight of the half-elves he jogs around the block so that he doubles back of himself, taking a position, behind the half-elves on the way back from where they came. Canvy was never one to like being followed or spied upon.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Away til Monday now...have fun


Male Human Fighter/6

Broccan stands ready in the alley behind the shop, resting his javelin across his shoulder. He turns to Sanstree.

"So watcha think, boy-o? Will we be seein' this chap runnin' out'inna bit?"

Broccan chuckles quietly. He continues to scan the area for trouble as he chats with his friend.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Edrukk looks toward the back of the shop to see who the gnome is signalling, but he tries to do so surreptitiously.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Stealth 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (16) - 3 = 13 This should be good!

"Aye, 'tis a shame. Mebbe ye c'n 'elp us 'n figurin' out 'ow someone got past yer locks, eh?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3
Broccan Dunchad wrote:

Broccan stands ready in the alley behind the shop, resting his javelin across his shoulder. He turns to Sanstree.

"So watcha think, boy-o? Will we be seein' this chap runnin' out'inna bit?"

Broccan chuckles quietly. He continues to scan the area for trouble as he chats with his friend.

"Broc me friend We ave not seen ner heard a thing. What if our friends were caught in tha color spray spell an are in need o rescue, I think we should go around to the front"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

The two half elves name themselves the striders, the dark haired one introduces himself as Fellian Shard and the blonde one is Fario Ellegoth. We are friends with a local wizard, Elethor Ashataff who was abducted more than three weeks ago...

You then part ways


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Perception/sense motive
DC 0-14

Spoiler:

You think the gnome is inviting you back to the back room for a little fun!
aka you have failed your sense motive check!

DC 15

Spoiler:

The Gnome is afraid of someone or something listening in the back room!
So he is not talkative for that reason!


Male Human Fighter/6
Sanstree wrote:


"Broc me friend We ave not seen ner heard a thing. What if our friends were caught in tha color spray spell an are in need o rescue, I think we should go around to the front"

Broccan sighs, then shrugs.

"If ye say so, I'm no expert on'is sort o' thing."

Assuming Sanstree moves back to the front of the store, Broccan follows.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3

"Jus thinkin o Canvy an tha spell...."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Broccan and Sanstree
you arrive at the front of the shop and look through the windows, the shopkeeper is speaking to the others...you see no sign of Canvy....

The gnome is nodding over his shoulder with his head, arching his eyebrows and winking!

Perception
DC 0-15

Spoiler:

You think the gnome is inviting one of your friends to the back room for a little fun!
aka you have failed your sense motive check

DC 16+

Spoiler:

The Gnome seems afraid of someone or something in the back room!


Male Human Fighter/6

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Boy-o! Somethin' innaback'o the shop's got th' wee-fella spook'd. Less'go back 'round t'the back door. I'll bust'it an' you blast'em with th' magic colors."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3

"Back-door huh, good idea!"

perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

[b]"I think tha gnome is getting fresh with Erine!"[b]


Male Human Fighter/6

Upon returning to the back of the shop, Broccan examines the door and lock. How sturdy is the door? Is it locked? Depending on the situation, Broccan may simply open the door, attempt to kick-it in, or if the door looks far too imposing, will consider other options.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 (if necessary)

Woo-hoo, the lousy rolls are back! LOL


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The back door looks much like the first, heavy thick wood, with iron bands, one excellent lock bars the path.....


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3

Sanstree pulls a scroll from among his things....

Casts knock on the lock......

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy wanders back to watch the shop and the surroundings from the other side of the road as before, feeling quite satisfied he's doing his job as far as protecting his friends is concerned.


Male Human Fighter/6

"Thanks, boy-o," Broccan whispers as he get a firm grip on the door handle.

"Onn'e count'eh three, I'll open'it an' you blast'em...one...two...THREE!"

Broccan throws open the door, and side-steps out of Sanstree's way.

301 to 350 of 5,249 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.