Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


3,401 to 3,450 of 5,247 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Opening the door to the next room 27

This room is clogged with webs. Peering through the strands of sticky webbing, you spot bulbous shapes scuttling across the filaments in your direction.


Male Human Fighter/6

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Spider initiative
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Init 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The few spiders soon become a rush of tiny bodies....

Spider swarm!

Initative higher than 8

Spoiler:

You can shut the door and escape the swarm.


Male Human Fighter/6

Broccan steps back in the hall.

Mast'r Minn'wick, c'n ye burn 'em?!"


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Edrukk reaches for the door and closes it.

"Le's be makin' a plan 'fore we go gettin' poisoned, eh?"


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

I sure can try.

Initiative 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

It will be difficult with the door closed. Ready when you are!

Ready a bomb in case the spiders swarm under the door. Pay attention to Edrukk's master plan!

So Edrukk, what is the plan?


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

"Did Ah say Ah 'ad th' plan? If'n ye be ready, Ah c'n open th' door. 'r we c'n be walkin' away 'n leave 'em be."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

I say leave them be and lets keep looking.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Edrukk slams the door closed before the spider swarm gets out of the room.

Discussed are opening the door and burning the spiders en mass or leaving the area and continuing on.......

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Can't see what you're so worried about, I'll go in on my own, I can deal with a bunch of spiders. I'm not frightened, think of what we might find. Let's open the door and let Minniwick use his bomb before we close it up and start again. Then I can go in and maybe kill them all." It is obvious Canvy wants whatever might be in the room.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

If you want to be spider food. I am not going to stop you. Open the door and I will start things off with a bang!


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Edrukk shrugs, sheathes his sword, and opens the door when the others signal they are ready. But he shows no indication that he's going in.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Edrukk close the door after him and with luck it will stop that dark energy that Canvy is going to unleash.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Do I understand Canvy is going to rush into the room into the webs and then attempt to channel negative energy?

In that case Canvy please make four acrobatic checks to see how far into the room you can get....

Each sucess is 5 feet, no successes you get stuck in the doorway.

Then roll damage to channel.

Anything else anyone else wants to do before (or ready) Canvy's plan?


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

I believe it's 1) Open the door, 2) Toss in bomb, 3) Close door, 4) Wait for explosion and resulting fire. 5) Open the door and let Canvy mop up what remains. I'm fine with that.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Acrobatics 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (2) - 7 = -5
Acrobatics 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (13) - 7 = 6
Acrobatics 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (14) - 7 = 7
Acrobatics 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (14) - 7 = 7
Acrobatics 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (8) - 7 = 1

Canvy prayers receiving the blessing to resist the spiders bites. After Minniewick has thrown in his flaming bomb, he waits before he walks slowly into the cobwebbed room holding a holy relic in his hand. He stops and calls out, another image appears, an exact replica of himself. He calls out again and a purple energy blasts from his symbol and spreads out for 30ft around the cleric. After his channels have done their work he makes his way out of the room.

if still being attacked by swarm:
he clears the way by throwing a flask of alchemist's fire down to set the webs on fire between himself and the door.
He opens the door and leaves.

Casts resistance.
Uses Copy Cat abillity

Channel Negative Energy 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 Will Save DC=14 for half.
Channel Negative Energy 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 Will Save DC=14 for half.
Channel Negative Energy 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 Will Save DC=14 for half.
Channel Negative Energy 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 Will Save DC=14 for half.
Channel Negative Energy 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 Will Save DC=14 for half.
Channel Negative Energy 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9 Will Save DC=14 for half.

Fort save 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15
Fort save 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Fort save 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Fort save 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Fort save 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
Fort save 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

If Edrukk feels the cold touch of the negative channels, he will usher the others away from the door until Canvy exits.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Wow, Canvy. No Acrobatics rolls above 7, well below average damage on the channels.
Erine backs away as Canvy enters, out of range of the cold channels.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Minniwick please roll your bomb attack/damages....

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:
Erine Wintyle wrote:

Wow, Canvy. No Acrobatics rolls above 7, well below average damage on the channels.

Erine backs away as Canvy enters, out of range of the cold channels.

Acrobatics isn't his strong point ... LOL


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Things are going great!

Mr. Minniwick?


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Incoming! ranged touch 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35 Damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11 Main target on fire (1d6) until extinguished (FRA+Ref save). Splash 10' radius 6 pts Ref DC 16 for 1/2

Drink my true strike before the door opens and exclude any PC's who may be in the area (max 4 squares)


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Remember, since bombs and channels are area effects, the swarm will take 150% damage. Well, with the channel--not sure about the bomb.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Minniwick throws an inciderary bomb into the room of spider creating a mass of destruction, then the door is re-opened as Canvy moves into the room right after, however due to the debris he gets stuck in the doorway.

Edrukk slams the door shut again!

Inside

Spoiler:

knocking Canvy prone into the room (unless he makes a reflex save DC12)

Canvy

Spoiler:

The bomb has cleared the spiders out of the room, it is all clear to search as the door slams closed behind you.

outside

Spoiler:

you watch and wait for the dark energy or some noise from Canvy


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
Erine Wintyle wrote:
Remember, since bombs and channels are area effects, the swarm will take 150% damage. Well, with the channel--not sure about the bomb.

Should be 150% it is a area attack. I would not have the swarm catch on fire though at it only effects the main target not splashed targets.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

KK:

Reflex save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

With a loud sound, Canvy falls to the floor as his armor makes its presence felt once again.

From his position on the ground Canvy looks up, sensing his surroundings. Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 has darkvision


Male Human Fighter/6

After a moment, Broccan calls through the closed door.

"Ye all righ' tin 'er, Cap'n?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

You spot a bundle in a crevase nearby, on the wall about 5 feet up, some cloth appears to the hanging out of it....

From outside you hear a muffled voice as Broccan tries to talk to you.

Everyone listens at the door for any sounds or a reply from Canvy.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy shouts as loudly as he can. "I'm alright, wait I'll be out soon! I'm OK, I'm fine!"

KK:

Canvy takes out his falchion and cuts down the bundle. Once cut down, Canvy pokes it with his weapon, before opening the bundle.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

"'e's found some gold 'n 's tryin' t' figure out 'ow t' 'ide 't 'neath 'is armor, mark m' words."

Disclaimer: I have no idea if that's really happening because I'm not reading spoilers. But Edrukk thinks that's what's going on.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Fine by me. He takes the risk he gets the gold.


Male Human Fighter/6

"Letus know whenya go'tall th' coins stuff'd in'r codpiece, Cap'n! Har ha!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

You find a crooked small stick with wavy patterns carved into it
(1 wand of control water)

and a diamond the size of your big toe.

the cloth is a cloak of some sort.....

anything else before you go out?

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

KK:

Canvy will keep the diamond and hide it in his pocket.

Canvy open the door a satisfied smile on his face, "Look!" in his hands he has a wand and a cloak. "Magic I think? and this wand could be one that we need to find, see the wavy lines." He hands the two items over. "We should all take one last look around, in case I missed anything after I had vanquished the spiders."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Bushy eyebrows raised, Edrukk grudgingly mutters, "Well done, lad."

He'll take rearguard if/when the rest of the party enters to search more carefully.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Indeed the wand is one of the wands of control water!

Canvy

Spoiler:

You guess the diamond is worth about 700 gold

The cloak
Detect magic

Spoiler:
mild alteration magic

Spellcraft DC 22
or identify

Spoiler:

This cloak is a cloak of the spider

spider climb @ will
web 1 / day


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Edrukk takes a moment to study the items though he respects the gnomish woman's analysis in such matters more...

Detect Magic

Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Identify only gives a bonus to the check; it's generally not an auto-success anymore. Unless the DM wishes it to be.

After look over the cloak for a moment, the dwarf grunts, "Dinnae. Let Erine look at 't."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Edrukk shrugs off the cloak seeing it is magical in some way, but not really going any further in his analysis......


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine casts her spell and examines the cloak, frowning.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
"Oh, that's r-real clever. A cloak of the spider. Gives you a couple spells to use, with an arachnid theme."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

"Like what, f'r instance?"


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine shrugs. "An entanglement effect. The ability to climb walls. Thing is, the spells are called 'web' and 'spider climb'. The mage who invented cloaks of the spider thought he was being c-clever, using spider-themed spells. And th-this cloak being in that webbed room? S-somebody thinks he's quite funny."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"How clever, a themed cloak!" says a disinterested Canvy.


Male Human Fighter/6

"Can anne' one use 't 'r d' ye got'e be a magic-type?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Broccan remembers back to Sanstree telling him about strange magical clothing and how nearly anyone could utilize the things just by wearing them.......


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

"Might be useful. One o' ye 'ave 'n 'nterest 'n 't? Ah'll make n' claim t' 't."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Looks a bit big for me and black is just not my color! ...joke, but all the same you can have it."

3,401 to 3,450 of 5,247 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.