Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


3,201 to 3,250 of 5,245 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter/6

Profession: miner: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"This'zan ol' cave-in. Glad I din'ah pay fer bad infermation."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3

"I'm sure this aint tha only hole in tha hillside."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

A return to the hillside, you quickly find the correct tunnel, someone had camoflaged the entrance.

LavaTube

The rock walls have endless fissures, the air is warm, humid, stale and smells terrible.

Knowledge dungoneering / profession miner DC 15

Spoiler:

The air seems safe to breathe

DC 20
Spoiler:
Still safe

DC 25
Spoiler:
paranoid much? The air is fine!

Sanstree agree to lead the donkey and cart back to Cauldron, if Minniwick needs anything he should take it off the cart.

Perception checks might be a good idea.


Male Human Fighter/6

Profession: miner: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Th' air smells, bu' i' won' kill 'eh c'nary. We shou' be fine."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy takes his oil from Sanstree and thanks him, but his attitude to Broccan is less than helpful, he keeps muttering, "fancy offering 3 times the amount. The boy need to learn how to negotiate."

At the lava chamber he looks in,
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sorry went away, no internet access for a couple of days.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3

Hands Canvy another oil that Erine declined.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 2, Hit Points: 50/54)

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The lava tube suddenly ends at a small ledge overlooking a vast cavern.

A small pile of wooden planks is stacked on the edge of the ledge.

Nearly a hundred feet below, the waters of a lake filled with dimly glowing green algae lap against cave walls encrusted with pallid fungi. A small stone building is built into the side of the ledge wall, and a pair of heavy ropes descends from a winch on the building’s side, dangling across the lake to a similar winch attached to a wooden structure on the lake’s far shore. Suspended on these ropes is a rickety looking wood-and-iron cage mounted on a system of pulleys. The phosphorescence just barely illuminates the vast cavern, and you can see what appear to be the partially melted ruins of several buildings protruding from a sparkling wall of volcanic rock along the far wall of the cave. Several of these buildings have small doorways at ground level, but you see no windows in the ominous dark facades. The air here is thick, warm, and excessively humid.


Male Human Fighter/6

"Hope th' rope 'n cage 'r in goo' shape. Tha' don' look like 'n rasy land'n down 'er."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy goes over and looks at the pile of wood, wondering what it's for? As he does he says "Nothing looks easy Broccan, its the way of it." He looks at the walls for any hidden walkways that might lead down.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Will save vs illusions 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

"Lass? Minn'wick? D'ye know an'thin' 'bout such things?" The dwarf points at the pulley system.

"'ould 't be fer 'oldin' one o' 's? 'r d'ye 'ave a way t' let 's float down, mebbe?"

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

A small doorway leads into a squat building on your left. It is dark inside, the doorway is rounded and not very tall.

The mechanism reminds you of the miners lift between jziradune and the malachite fortress.....


Male Human Fighter/6

"Is like'eh mine lift, 'cept goin' sideways a bit. I'll go ov'r first 'n case it breaks. If it holds me, th' rest o yeh c'n come ov'r. There shou' be a winch o' some sort'in 'at shed."

Broccan moves to the cage and begin loading himself into it.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Sure enough the control levers are inside the nearby shed.

Who is going?
Who is staying?

Who is using the controls?
knowledge engineering DC 13

Spoiler:

It looks like the system has a built in delay, once the control is tripped there is time for the operator to board the cage.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy watches with interest as Broccan enters the cage.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 2, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine will wait to see what happens to Broccan. She'll work the controls if nobody else will.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The cage sits still, but rocks back and forth as the heavy fighter enters it.

Minniwick and Edrukk?


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Edrukk will accompany Erine into the control room and watch so he knows how it is done.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Erine moves a lever forward the coil inside the cavity of the mechanism spins and whirls after a second small gears begin to turn on the side of the main winch.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy watches for the cage to go down.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

After about a minute the doors of the cage close and Broccan starts down to that distant shore.


Male Human Fighter/6

Broccan listens to the creaks and groans of the mechanism as the cage carries him across.

"If this thin' breaks, I'll be sink'n like'eh rock," he says, chuckling nervously.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

updated the campaign tab, the map there lists alot of information your characters do not have, but should help with the game.

The waters of this large lake glow softly with thick, ropy, glowing algae. Now and then tiny curls of steam rise from the lake, filling the area with a cloying stink of soggy plant matter. The surface of the water ripples now and again, but it’s impossible to tell if these ripples comes from underwater currents welling up from below or from something hungrier.

Yhe cage path takes you closer to this lake.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Broccan arrives at a large beach is covered with rocks and patches of fitfully glowing phosphorescent fungus and algae. More impressive are the stony ruins that protrude from the sheer rock wall along the beach’s western edge. The architecture of these ruins seems melted and somehow intimidating – whatever creatures built these dwellings were obviously inhuman and alien in nature.

A small building made of wood sits apart from these structures; the ropes descending from the ledge on the opposite side of the lake attach to a second winch on the side of this building.

Broccan

Spoiler:

a set of winches and levers looks like you might be able to send the cage back

Everyone else

Spoiler:

The gears eventually halt, and then nothing else happens the distant shore is so far away you are not sure what is happening there

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Is Broccan alright, can you see anything?"

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Human Fighter/6

"Made ita 'cross! I'll sen'a cage back!" Broccan bellows in the direction of the others.

Hoping the heard him, he moves over to the shed, looking for the mechanism to send the cage back. Once he finds it, he does so.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The cage slowly ascends to the group waiting above.

Once it arrives....what happens.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 2, Hit Points: 50/54)

"Canvy should go...go next," Erine says. "We shouldn't go i-in large groups. After Canvy, Sanstree, and then E-Edrukk. Minniwick and I will go together, since we're both, um, small. I don't think we should leave anyone alone, this place is u-unnerving."
Just suggestions, of course. I may have missed something. ^-^

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy looks at Erine, trying to ascertain the motive to suggest Canvy goes next, Gnome's with pet goats are always on me side, or so I've learned. Does she mean me harm?.....No I don't think so..... After a moments hesitation Canvy steps into the basket and descends.


Male Human Fighter/6

As the cage slowly makes its way back, Broccan watches out for anything unusual or dangerous.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Nothing happens as the final group descends, everyone takes in the strange area.

large beach is covered with rocks and patches of fitfully glowing phosphorescent fungus and algae. More impressive are the stony ruins that protrude from the sheer rock wall along the beach’s western edge. The architecture of these ruins seems melted and somehow intimidating – whatever creatures built these dwellings were obviously inhuman and alien in nature.

A small building made of wood sits apart from these structures; the ropes descending from the ledge on the opposite side of the lake attach to a second winch on the side of this building.

the map is posted under campaign tab....


Male Human Fighter/6

"Wha' shou' we do then? Jus' head in' eh front door, or d' one'eh ye have a plan from 'ere?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

MAIN ENTRANCE area 12 on the map
The ceiling of this large room rises in a forty-foot-high dome; the floor is polished smooth. Water from condensation runs down the walls, and a pair of large braziers to the northeast and southeast provide smoky light. A long table with a dozen chairs dominates the center of the room.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Edrukk shakes his head as he looks around, "None 'ere."


Male Human Fighter/6

Broccan looks around the room for anything unusual.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

This long vaulted hallway is empty.
Perception DC 15

Spoiler:

Arrow slits can be seen in the walls on either side of this corridor.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 2, Hit Points: 50/54)

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
"C-careful!" Erine says. "Arrow slits. On the sides of the...corridor."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3

Reminded of the citadel by the sea.....


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

"Very odd place indeed. Nice atmosphere for my Fish hat though. Did anyone see any signs of people coming though here? Footprints in the sand maybe or mud on the floor?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy looks around suspiciously "Well more arrow slits, how nice. Lets find another way, no point just setting ourselves up. Anyways we'd best first ensure that the way out is secure. Come back and check the winch." He seems somewhat angered b the group blindly moving forward. "Edrukk, come and help me check this building out." He opens the door by the handle.

He tries to open the door at 10, he is ready for action his falchion ready.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy opens the door into area 10.


Male Human Fighter/6

Broccan puts a hand on his sword.

"D'ya see anne'thin, Cap'n?"


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Interesting. Lost my 'new' notifier for this thread...

Edrukk follows Canvy, sword in hand.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

small room with a door into another room, appears similar to the rooms, lift controls at the top.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

"appears similar to the rooms, lift controls at the top" I'm sorry, what?

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy looks round both rooms checking for anything he might think is not right, or is an enemy.

Perception check taking a 10, for total of 12.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

As you step through the doorway a tripwire near your ankle snaps, releasing a system of webbing which seemed to have been holding the entire eastern wall in place. The entire mass of timber and wood comes crashing down.
Attack roll1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Damage 6d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 6, 4, 6) = 28

Two rooms one with control levers for the cage that crosses the lake, similar to the layout of the two rooms on the cliffs above.....


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War)

Edrukk immediately begins digging Canvy out. "'tis n' time t' be layin' 'round, man, time t' get yer back 'n yer feet!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy?

3,201 to 3,250 of 5,245 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.