Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


3,151 to 3,200 of 5,484 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

"We be needin' th' wands. Where 'r 'ey? Mebbe where th' woman 'at stole 'em 's 'idin'."


Male Human Fighter/7

"When I splitz tha' foul wench's ' ed op'n wi' m' sword, I'll no long'r be troubl'd."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Jenya ken yah speak wit Sarcem enen though he tis dead?"

Consoles Broccan
"Aye justice, youll end up a paladin iffen yah keep fightin fer justice."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Jenya:
"I will consider the speaking with the departed spell and cast it tomorrow, if you could all be present around noon-time."

"Now I shall use the star of justice to reveal the location of the wands!"

The weapon flares to life with magical flames as a picture emerges, and information reaches Jenya through the casting of locate object.

In Ruins below cauldron, 550 feet below the western gate...


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"How tha heck would we get down 550 feet?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Oh no not down into that dead old dwarven city, it was hard enough last time" says a despondent Canvy.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

"If'n 'at's 'ere 'ey be, 'at's 'ere we go. Buck 'p, soldier!"


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan nods in acknowledgement of Edrukk' s words.

"Right. We do this."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Here we go again! says Canvy with that air of inevitability.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

knowledge local/geography/dungeoneering/profession miner
DC 12

Spoiler:

That is not where Jziradune nor the Malichite fortress were located!


Male Human Fighter/7

Profession: Miner: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Knowledge: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"If i' makes y' feel anny bet'r, Cap'n, it'll be a diff' rnt unnergroun' deathtrap this time!"

Broccan slaps Canvy on the shoulder and chuckles.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"I ad ne'er considered might be more areas unner ground. I shall get tah explorin fer an openin right away. meet back in two days."

Sanstree does not wait for an answer instead he takes off.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Ahh Broccan, that makes all the difference." he laughs with Broccan and returns the compliment of a slap and an arm round the mans shoulder. "Let's hope that young boy will get us a map or chart, it might help. And this time at least we'll be rready for the trip underground."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Have we gear or cash to spend to ready ourselves? *looks at Canvy*


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

There are all sorts of tunnels under the city. The Malichite fortress was there to protect Cauldron from the things that walk in the dark....and the source of the lake is down there somewhere as well.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:
Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:
Have we gear or cash to spend to ready ourselves? *looks at Canvy*

I wish I was as good as canvy at keeping my gold totals in check...give me a couple of days to have a look. I kinda lost touch with the amount ...BAD PLAYER!!!


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

hehe, I just figured you were keeping track. Edrukk's literally not paying attention to such things, so really haven't been, either.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

The total taken from the Lucky Monkey is about 20,000 gold
once you have counted it all out....

How much you tell the others is up to you.

The evening passes uneventfully with everyone making more preparations, and Canvy busy counting coins....

Sanstree returns late in the evening for a few beers with Broccan....

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy struggles with the spoils of war, as he brings the reward for cleaning out the Inn, his eyes glint a deep shade of purple as he proudly announces "15,000 gold pieces, such a pretty pile, seems a shame to split it up really. I could look after it all if you want."

KK:

Just in case ... bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan catches up with Sanstree, filling him in on the group's most recent exploits, and asking after his apprenticeship.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As you are catching up with Sanstree a waitress brings over more beer and hands Broccan a note....

Note

Spoiler:

“I know you’re looking for the wands. I can help for a price. If you are interested come alone to the Lakeside Pavilion tonight at midnight. Bring 500 gold coins and you’ll walk away with the location of the wands. Bring backup and you’ll never find them.”

"These drinks were paid for by you friend over there....now where did he go?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy drinks it down, saying to the waitress, "thank him and ask him over, perhaps he'd like to buy us another one and join convivial conversation."


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan looks at the note, then places it on the table face-up.

"Sum'ns claim'n a rans'm it seems. Shou' I go 'n see wha' there 'bout? I don' mine goin' by m'self."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

"Ah don' like th' idee, meself."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Might be someone trin tah get ahold o a few coins wit a bad tip o information."

"Then agin might be a low-life sellin out another one fer s*+$s an giggles."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Shame, I was looking forward to another free drink! But on the bright side, if there's a ransom, there's gold to be had. A handsome fee, for no one but a fool would ransom something with out the victim having something valuable to exchange. Go Broccan, see what you can find out." says a slightly disappointed Canvy.


Male Human Fighter/7

"Shou' I bring th' gold'r shou' I jus' bringa tangl'foot bag'n lob it at th' fool?"


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

"Heh, Ah like 'ow ye think, lad. 'at if'n 'e 's no' 'lone? Jus' 'cause 'e tells ye t' be b' yerself dinnae mean 'e 'ill do th' same."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Midnight the lakeside pavillion is not as lavish as one would think, the water from the late night rain runs off and the pavillion proper begins to flood, the light is dim a man waits by a post at the edge of the pavillion, under the cover of the roof, staying dry.

Darkvision

Spoiler:

you can attempt to id the man with a knowledge local check

non-darkvision

Spoiler:

no way to tell who the man is.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Quietly Canvy murmurs, "Know who that is?"

Knowledge (local) untrained 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 max allowed result is 10


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

So I guess you are planning to go with Broccan?

Edrukk will accompany the fighter up to a couple blocks short of the meeting place. He will wait there for any sign that he's needed at the pavilion. Have we rested & regained spells? I might buff the lad a bit.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Gonna stop at the range of my darkvision, hopefully they won't see me in the dark and Canvy can hold the money.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy hold the money how odd! ;)

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Holding it is the easy part, letting go, now that's a totally different ball game!!


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The man waves Broccan forward he is wearing some type of fine chain armor and a darkly colored cloak. He has a rapier on his belt.

"I have the information do you have the cash?"


Male Human Fighter/7

"Aye, I do," Broccan says, brandishing the disguised tanglefoot bag. "Bu' wha'tass'rnce I got tha' yer not jus' play'n a jig an' spect'n me t' dance? I'll no' give ye a copp'r 'til ye show me sum'n."

Diplomacy (assuming Eagle's Splendor): 1d20 ⇒ 13


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

I'll mark off an eagle's splendor and a shield other.

Edrukk waits back about 90', waiting to sign of a problem.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy makes out as much of what passes between the men as he can.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"I ken not show you good sir, but I can tell. Triel is a memeber of the Ebon triad and they have taken the wands and intend to ransom them back when the city sets into dispair. I can tell you the place they are and how to get there. That costs 500 gold."


Male Human Fighter/7

"So y'r will'n t' let ev'ryone 'n Cauldron die if I don' pay ye? What if ye tell me whatcha know 'n if it helps us get th' wands back, I'll give ya a thous'n gold as a hero's r'ward. Sound fair?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"No sir, I am a bit of an opportunist and information is good to have, Triel an her bunch are willing to have people die before they demand ransom, I just want a bit o cash to provide for myself. I would rather help out a bit at the first than wait for that. How about 400 gold rather than 5?"


Male Human Fighter/7

"Le' me get m' head wrapp'd 'roun' is. Y'd rath'r 'ave less money now 'nstead o' twice th' money aft'r? Souns like yer no too certain of yer inf'rmation. I'll triple the pay, fifteen hun'nerd gold, if yer lead get'se wands back."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The rain begins to really come down.

"I don't usually deal in promises, but I will this time, you seem a fine enough gent. I am Artus Shemwick at your service. They have set up a base of operations in a subterranean ruin below Cauldron it can be reached through a lava tube on the outer northeastern slope 200 feet from the wall.”

The man draws his cloak and heads into the rain.


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan waits for the man to leave, then returns to the group and relates the conversation.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"A lava tube, I know o those, but they don't go tah Jziradune fer sure, tha lava tubes are mostly outside tha gates might be a fair number o them tha don't go anywhere."

"I got a couple o oils o magic weapon tha I made up fer yous guys, iffen yer interested."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

"'at's a fine thing, lad. C'n ye work some magic t' find 'at lava tube?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree quickly passes out each person an oil of magic weapon....

"If I kent find a hole in tha ground tha close tah tha fence, they wizards should come down from on high an take mah spellbook an tha druids should put me tah sleep fer a hunnerd years!"


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

"N-nicely done, Broccan."
Erine refuses the oil.


Male Human Fighter/7

"I fig'r if we fail, I'll be dead, n'so I won't owe'em annethin' 'n if we get th' wands back, I'll 'ave more'n 'nuff t' pay 'em."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

In the area the man described you find a tube that is about six feet wide, with a muddy entrance.

Within about 60 feet as the tube twists around, it has caved in.

Knowledge nature / profession miner DC 15

Spoiler:

This looks like the end of the tunnel, this cave in happened a long time ago.

3,151 to 3,200 of 5,484 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.