Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


3,101 to 3,150 of 5,426 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Anyone got knowledge local?

Canvy's deep voice continues, "Well you won't do no lootin now, where did you say the hidey hole is and what's he look like." His hand clenches the mans collar and pulls him up, to take full advantage of Canvy's foul breath.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Now we know why Erine dislikes Canvy! Simple Chronic Halitosis....who knew?

"I tink tha hole has gots tah be in the cellar, so we err lookin here fer mister marsh, Orin Marsh, who owns tha lucky monkey, he alsos got a wife an kids, but we ain't found em."

"Plenty easy tah dig a new hole an no ones tha wiser fer it."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Knowledge Local, I got it.
@KK Continuity check! Did Shensen sell the bar or is this guy misinformed?
LINK
Last time we came through the Lucky Monkey she told Broccan she was the owner

KN Local1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Do you allow taking 10 on Knowledge checks outside of combat?
Minniwick will continue to keep to the background and let the imposing people do the questioning. Keeping an ear and eye open for more trouble.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Minniwick

Spoiler:

The lucky monkey being a remote location does have an owner, that man being Orin Marsh, and his family who also lives on the premises.

Shensen being a loyal person to the family realized long ago that children can be kidnapped, and the family would be a target for such things.

Shensen claims to be the owner as a protection to the family!

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy smiles at the man, "Now we're getting somewhere. So tell me where's the entrance to the cellar then? So we can find this man. And who sent you on this fools errand?" Canvy's eyes narrow.


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan checks the last two rooms at the end of the hall.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

M42: COLD STORAGE
This room feels moist and humid. Several sides of meat hang from hooks set into the ceiling, and a number of storage bins line the west wall. The far end of the room is empty except for an open metal box lying on its side; the box is lined with slowly melting frost. A large sign hangs near the door, its bold red letters reading, “NO FIRE BEYOND THIS POINT!”.

M43: WELL ROOM
The door at the end of the hall is a solid, iron-reinforced wooden door that bulges at the seams, almost as if the wood had melted and expanded to clog its frame. The iron bands that reinforce the door are caked with frost, as are the bodies of three thugs who lie huddled on the ground before it. One of the bodies grips an extinguished torch.

The door is quite stuck!


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan looks at the strangely out of place frost and tries to make sense of it from his own experience.

Knowledge: dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Profession: miner: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Broccan remembers some underground molds that cause unnatural cold.

The door reminds Broccan of a spell for warping wood that Sanstree once described to him over a beer.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Minniwick will try and help add things up KN Dungeoneering 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Minniwick comes to a similar conclusion, someone likely used the mold's cold as a weapon and sealed themselves into the room beyond with some magic fortifying the door.


Male Human Fighter/7

"'ow d's we get rid ' o it? If I ' memb'r, burnin's a bad idea.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Maybe Erine or Canvy have something to add?


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

"What if'n th' folk we seek 'r within? Didja 'oller 'n t' see 'o's back 'ere?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Anyone have a friendly yell? ;)


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

Edrukk could, but between the door muffling things and his accent, they'd be hard pressed to know if it was a friend or a hostile grizzly bear outside.

"Ah s'pose we could be fer choppin' int' th' door, but if'n 'ey 'r waitin' t' kill 'o 's doin' th' choppin', 'at might not be good fer anyone."


Male Human Fighter/7

"Mast'r Minniwick, d' they know ye, can y' tell 'em is safe t' c'mout? "


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

They know me, I pass through often. Ghost Sound. he cups his hands over his mouth and in a booming voice as loud as a dozen men Hello in there! It is Minniwick. My friends and I have culled the bandits. How can we help you get out?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Long moments pass.....

The door shudders and shrinks back to a more normal state....

When you open the door.....

The temperature in this room is near freezing. A thin layer of frost coats the floor and walls of the northern portion of the room. A low, circular well sits in the center of the room, its mouth partially covered by a few planks of wood.

Huddled in a blanket near the far wall is Shenson Tesseril, she seems releived to see you and speaks through chattering teeth...

"Ware tha mold."

Knowledge nature/dungoneering/profession miner
DC 15

Spoiler:

Brown Mold: Brown mold is found in damp subterranean areas, such as caverns and caves. It is light to golden brown in color. Brown mold feeds by absorbing heat, even body heat; where brown mold grows, the temperature is below average. Direct sunlight or ultraviolet light kills it.

20
Spoiler:

If a warm-blooded creature comes within 5 feet of a brown mold, the mold drains heat equal to 1d6 points of CON from its victim, per round. The drain lasts for 1 hour. A ring of warmth provides complete protection against this attack. Brown mold grows instantly from heat. If a torch is used in its vicinity, it doubles in size; if flaming oil is used, it quadruples, and fireball-type spells cause it to grow eight-fold.

22
Spoiler:

Brown mold is not fed by cold light sources (e.g., light, faerie fire). The only magic that affects it are disintegrate (which destroys it), plant-affecting magic, and cold spells. Ice storms or walls of ice cause it to go dormant for 5d6 turns. A cold wand, white dragon breath, or a cone of cold kills it. Brown mold does not affect cold-using creatures such as white dragons, winter wolves, ice toads, etc.


Male Human Fighter/7

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Profession (miner): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"We need sunligh' t' kill is' stuff."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

"Ye figure out 'ow t' bottle sunlight 'n brin' 't down, Ah'll be takin' th' lass t' th' sunlight t' warm 'er bones."

Edrukk helps Shenson out of the room and to a warmer location.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Edrukk ignores the mold, passing through the area of extreme cold, he takes 1d6 ⇒ 2 con damage as he reachs Shenson......

Edrukk will you pass by the mold a second time, carrying Shensen?


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

There's plenty of allusion to frost, but I don't see anything telling us where the mold is located.

Edrukk bundles the lass up and carries her out.

"Le's be gettin' ye warmed up, eh?"

Edit: I meant the mold, not the frost. Changed.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Edrukk passes hardily through the cold once more carrying the grateful lass outside and into the sunlight.....

Eventually she warms enough.....

“I was out for a walk and returned to the Lucky Monkey to the sounds of combat from within, I ran in and found most of the guards and employees slain by the bandits, Only a few remained including a human cleric who the bandits were focused on. The bandits were lead by a horrible man-beast who was following the orders of a beautiful woman with red hair, facial tattoos and a suit of spiked full-plate armor. I tried to help but was forced to retreat to the basement, the man-beast killed the cleric. I was then alone and fled to the far end of the basement and barricaded myself in for several hours.”

"I think Orin is dead, but I can't be sure. There is an abandoned cellar at the back edge of the property with a few emergency supplies within. His wife and kids must be in the saferoom."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

The gruff cleric shakes his head at the description of what happened."Sorry ye 'ad t' go through 'at, lass. D'ye know where th' saferoom be located?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Most assuredly not, though I suspect it to be on the third floor."

She looks sad for a moment.....

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy knocks out the captive, once the other have left and removes his clothes and weapons. Then with a cheery step he follows the sound of Minniwick's shout and catches up with the rest of his friends, just as Edrukk comes out with the young lady. He rests and listens to her story, not sure whether to believe her or not.

"To the 3rd floor, but how do we get there, I've seen no stairs as yet. Which way?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

Decides to lock the naked captives in the freezing room until they can be properly detained....

....if a few freeze no big deal, right?

It is readily apparent that the structure has no third floor, but also a small room could easily be housed above the second floor and under the roof....

Reasonable guesses welcome.. ;)


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

"Seems 's 'ow 'twould 'ave t' be easy t' reach, even fer a child."

I would search the central courtyard (21) for some hidden door.


Male Human Fighter/7

"A room wi' shelves what cou' be used 'sa ladder, p'raps?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Maybe above the family bedroom......


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Shensen this is all horrible, I am glad your alright. I think the redhead is Triel Eldurast a guard that fled Cauldron about 10 years ago. Was that before you came to the Lucky Monkey? We also found this holds up the Ebon Triad Symbol and I think it is the sign of a cult, the Ebon Triad. Any information you have may help.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Whoever they were they were focused on the priest Sarcem on killing him and on taking the wands of control water. I have no idea how that helps a fugitive from justice or a evil cult."

"I have been here 27 years left on the doorstep a long time ago...."

"We have to get the rest of my family and get to cauldron to be safe, maybe hire some guards and come back to re-open. Find the children and then we can get everyone to safety...."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

Family bedroom? I don't see one described as such -- was that the room where Canvy found the sleepy-time book?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The only thing that seems right is the room 38 and the first room of 37 on the map......

It is hard to tell where the family sleeps!
seem to be very paranoid group!


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

Assuming you allow your suggestion to be a flash of inspiation...

Edrukk heads upstairs to the room where the blunderbuss user was killed and starts searching for a hidden door in the wall or ceiling.

Taking 20 for 23 or 25 if there's stone involved


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Edrukk indeed finds a series of clearerly concealed hand and foot holds going up the wall to the ceiling...

at the ceiling he finds a trapdoor that lifts up. Inside a woman and two small children are hidden.

"Thank the gods!"

In short order you have recovered the wife children and Shenson, only Orin is unaccounted for.......


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

I guess it has been a while since I could look at you eye to eye.
To Edrukk We have not checked out the grounds. I did not see anything when I tied up Bubbles, but I did not look around.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"If you concerned Minniewick, I'll pop down once we've helping Edrukk here."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

Edrukk will help the family down and to one of the rooms that was spared. "Ye dinnae want t' see 'at 'ese animals did t' yer fine 'stablishment. Rest 'ere 'n know we be 'ere t' 'elp ye."

Edrukk will take up a position guarding the door, not really sure what to tell them beyond that.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Soon enough you discover the body or Orin Marsh he had made a stand outside the lucky monkey, several bodies of bandits lie around him.

Inside
Shensen
"We must get the little ones to Cauldron where they will be safe, please let us away as soon as possible."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy picks up Orin's body and brings it inside, calling "Edrukk, Edrukk come here, we need you."

If Edrukk comes down, Canvy asks for him to help clean up and bless the body, before presenting it to the family.


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan removes his helm and lowers his head in respect. He speaks softly to Orin's widow.

"My condol'n's t' ye an' yers, m'lady. I'm sorry w' dinn'ah get here'n time t' save y'r 'usban from these bandits."

Edit: This should happen AFTER Edrukk speaks to Orin's widow.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

The dwarf, seeing Canvy's burden, sighs audibly. "Ah 's 'opin' 'e made 't out t' get 'elp. 'tis never good t' tell th' wife 'n children..."

Edrukk takes the body into one of the private dining areas (not the one that was used by the two star-crossed lovers we chased out earlier) and starts cleaning him up and preparing him for a warrior's funeral.

After a bit, he calls to Broccan or Erine, "N' 'at we found 'im, we 'ill no' be lettin' 'im 'lone. Ah need t' speak t' 'is missus fer a spell. C'n ye sit wit' th' body while Ah be gone?"

Assuming one of them assents, he heads upstairs.

"Ma'am? Might Ah 'ave a word wit' ye?" Once they are out of earshot of the kids, he says, "We found yer 'usband. 'e died a warrior, defendin' 'is 'ome 'n 'is family. Ah 'ould be 'onored t' do th' ceremony if'n ye wish 'n Ah 'ave been cleanin' 'im up 'n gettin' 'im ready fer 'is last journey. If'n ye 'ave a priest ye prefer, 'at be fine, t', jus' let me know where t' be findin' 'im 'n Ah 'ill get 'im meself. 'n th' meantime, d'ye 'ave clothes fer 'is journey t' meet Cayden?"

He does the best to say the right words and break things to her gently, but he's a dwarf and a cleric to a warrior god. The soft touch is not his thing, so he is a bit abrupt in his delivery and obviously not comfortable.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Thank you for your kindness in this dark hour. We must journey to Cauldron an take Orin with us."

The children cry.....

Orin's wife checks the treasury and seeing no funds....
"I will have to draw money in Cauldron in order to re-open the Inn."

"Can you escort us to Cauldron?"


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

"'twould be 'n 'onor, ma'am. We best rest 'ere t'night, though, if'n 't no' be t' much trouble. D'ye 'ave 'orses 'r a wagon?"

Edrukk will prepare Gentle Repose for Orin for the trek back.


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan turns away from the butchered body, the sobbing children's cries carry, cutting into his heart. Slow tears roll down his cheeks.

"Sum'ns g'na pay fer 'is...too young t' lose th'r papa."

He abruptly crosses the room and throws open the window. He puts his head out and howls into the wind: "D'ya hear me y'evil b!+~!! Y'll no' gett'way wi' this!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The return trip to Cauldron is fairly uneventful, the cleric Sarcem and Orin are both loaded and carefully tended on the way home.

Once in Cauldron the family wants to take Orin to the Church and beg them to restore his life.

Sanstree is there when you arrive.

Jenya is beside herself that Sarcem is dead and the wands are missing, she recovers herself.

She takes up the star of justice and prepares to cast some divination...
"What should we ask of the magic?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy chirps up, What is the most valuable that is missing, surely the wands need to be recovered first? He looks at his circle of friends for assistance.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

@ Broccan
"Yer lookin deeply troubled."

"Divination magic is tricky at bessed what does we need tah find out bout, tha wands, tha triad, err sometin else?"

3,101 to 3,150 of 5,426 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.