Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


201 to 250 of 5,422 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

Masterwork
1d6 2d4 x3
12 lbs. S
brace, reach, trip


Male Human Fighter/7

(As the caravan, rolls on, Broccan scans the area, looking for potential threats, javelin in hand.)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Dagnabbit! Why can't I bust out those 20's in melee?!


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Broccan yah seem specially perceptive today, good spot on them slavers, hate tah think what may ave been if Erine an I had not been able tah hit em with magic!"


Male Human Fighter/7

"Thanks, boy-o. I'm not good fer much, but I seem t' have a knack fer findin' trouble n' bleedin' a lot."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Ye would have taken him clean in a boxin match too fer sure!"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Eh Broccan, with practice you will make a fine soldier and warrior, it's practice that will aid your accuracy. Don't worry about it, you're doing fine. It's always best when we work together as a team, we'd have had them, don't you worry. With Sanstree doing his magical stuff and Erine doing hers we'll be more than a match for many a slaver or criminals.

Not only that, but we'll make our fortune and get much gold for our services. Keep that in mind too."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"True nuff Canvy, jus think we more gold in las few days than in all the days before, so we are sure to be rich in old age!"

Perception
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

Edrukk eyes Canvy and Sanstree and listens to their conversation, but does not respond. He will walk relatively near the gnomes, preferring Erine if they are not walking together - on the same side of the wagon, for example.

So... who's carrying the 25 gp? Do you want Edrukk to keep it for now?

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

If Edrukk offers the 25gp for someone else to carry for the group..then the following would happen.

As Edrukk offers, Canvy's eyes take a slight purple hue, his eyes open wider in a stare at Edrukk, "Edrukk, if you need a treasurer to carry our gold, then look no further." Canvy starts to rub his hands and a gleeful smile appears on his unshaven face. "I'd only be too happy to oblige." He extends his hand towards Edrukk, expecting the bag of gold.

Canvy currently has 100gp, from the slaver


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp
Canvy Mandrain wrote:

If Edrukk offers the 25gp for someone else to carry for the group..then the following would happen.

As Edrukk offers, Canvy's eyes take a slight purple hue, his eyes open wider in a stare at Edrukk, "Edrukk, if you need a treasurer to carry our gold, then look no further." Canvy starts to rub his hands and a gleeful smile appears on his unshaven face. "I'd only be too happy to oblige." He extends his hand towards Edrukk, expecting the bag of gold.

Canvy currently has 100gp, from the slaver

"Ah dinna need anythin' o' th' sort. What say th' rest o' ye?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Tha gold is much too heavy fer mahself tah carry especially when we be gettin two thousand and five hunderd peices!"

Sanstree goes into deep thought about whatever a druid/wizard would want gold for.....


Male Human Fighter/7

"It dinna'seem like twenty-five coins's nuf t' need bankin'. Once we divvy it up, it's only a handful o' coins apiece. Just hand it out, I say."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The rest of the journey to cauldron is only eventful if you consider talks of gold and who needs what to be exciting.

Each day as the jungle eventually gives way to the lowlands around cauldron you realize that by dusk you and the wagons will be at the gates of Cauldron.

The gate guards make you aware that normally entry into Cauldron costs a gold peice in taxes, this time they are counting you as part of the Caravan......


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Broccan can hold my share an use it as needed, heard bout someting called a quick draw shield back at tha Lucky Monkey an sounds like something tah see."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy argues with the guard about paying 1 gold piece to enter Cauldron, but eventually cedes the point, 'they are with the caravan' and pays up. Once inside he bids farewell to the caravan owner and caravan, knowing that now they need to be getting a drink and meal, but more importantly getting that job which will pay all that money. "OK then, what we doing now? I'm up for some decent drink and food, then getting that job. We don't want anyone else getting there first. There's a fortune of gold at stake."


Male Human Fighter/7
Sanstree wrote:
"Broccan can hold my share an use it as needed, heard bout someting called a quick draw shield back at tha Lucky Monkey an sounds like something tah see."

(Broccan looks confused)

"Quick. Draw. Shield? Whas' it do? How'sit diff'rent from a runnothe mill shield?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"They told its easy tah put on yer back an move tah tha front easy gives tha shield arm a break from carryin I guess."

Spoiler:

Quickdraw Shield (Light Wooden or Steel)
This light shield is specially crafted with a series of straps to allow a character proficient in shields to ready or stow it on his or her back quickly and easily.

Benefit: If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may don or put away a quickdraw shield as a swift action combined with a regular move. If you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you can draw a light or one-handed weapon with one hand and a quickdraw shield with the other in the time it would normally take you to draw one weapon. If you have the Quick Draw feat, you may don or put away a quickdraw shield as a free action.

Source: APG


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Dusk is quickly turning into night, now at least behind the high walls of the city baboons and other creatures of the wild should not be any problem.

You part ways with the caravan....

A wretched drizzle falls from the ash-gray sky. The crowded, rain-slicked buildings seem especially bleak and frightful this evening, hunched together beneath gloomy skies. A few lights burn in their windows, but mostly their shutters have been closed for the night. The scent of chimney smoke fills the air, and the din of water trundles from the rooftops, splashing into dark alleys and turning street gutters into rivulets.

As you make your way around the circle that is Cauldron's main roads...

A sudden, plaintive cry for help from a nearby alley splits the evening air.....


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Tah arms friends, I hear trouble."

Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Minniwick shrugs his shoulders as he goes to investigate.
Initiative 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy readies himself, following Sanstree, "What now Sanstree, I want to get me a drink, why you going down here? He we go again, following some wild goose chase, cos someone has a pang of conscience." Resignedly Canvy follows and looks around, as the grey and black night, drips of rain falling from his armour trudging along with his polearm ready.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 9


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

Retcon: Edrukk hands out 5gp to each of the others and washes his hands of the whole discussion. That is, he doesn't keep any for himself.

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan moves in the direction of the cries for help.)

Initiave: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Erine

Spoiler:

still needs to roll initiative

Down the dark alleyway a young man in blue robes is lying on the street being menaced and hit by a couple of thugs. The thugs have faces painted in theatrical style, faces painted with big smiles.....they are also armed with swords in scabbards at their belts.

A third individual hangs back she appears to just be watching the thugs doing some work....her face is painted as well.

Anyone with local knowledge
(or that is a local)

Spoiler:

the thieves guild the last laugh is known for such activities....


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The female figure crosses into an alleyway and disappears from your sight. The thugs continue to menace the youth on the ground.

She was about 5'3 human wearing black cloak, boots, gloves and leathers with her face painted as well in the half white half black harlequin mask.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 34/66 hp

Are you waiting for the players to do something or still laying out what we see?


Male Human Fighter/7

On his turn

(Broccan draws his sword and steps assertively towards the thugs.)

"Oi! Leave th'lad alone'r I'll gut ye were y'stand!"

Ready action: swing at anyone who advances on him aggressively

If that occurs:

Spoiler:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA
Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:
Are you waiting for the players to do something or still laying out what we see?

I was kind of waiting for Erine.....

I rule that Erines initiative falls last in the order of things so that everyone can go to the business at hand.....

Broccan

Spoiler:

thanks for posting your action, I will resolve on your turn
you can change it if things before your action change your mind

Initiative order
Minniwick
Sanstree
Edrukk
Broccan
Canvy
Erine
Bad guys........


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
KenderKin wrote:
Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:
Are you waiting for the players to do something or still laying out what we see?

I was kind of waiting for Erine.....

I rule that Erines initiative falls last in the order of things so that everyone can go to the business at hand.....

Broccan
** spoiler omitted **

Initiative order
Minniwick
Sanstree
Edrukk
Broccan
Canvy
Erine
Bad guys........

Fair enough, my initiative is lousy. Sorry I took so long to post.

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
What do I know of the Last Laugh?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Erine
There you are!
Awesome!

What you know

Spoiler:

The last laugh being one of the local thieves guild's has their fingers and noses in pretty much anything that will get them a profit (motive), they also might be responsible for minting their own coins, and they often train recruits in deadly games that involve jumping across rooftops, and fighting with daggers while tied to an opponent with a short leather strap.....
They have some members who are assassins!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
KenderKin wrote:

Erine

There you are!
Awesome!

What you know
** spoiler omitted **

"This is the Last Laugh we're dealing with," Erine warns Broccan. "Maybe we shouldn't intervene. They're pretty powerful here, and I've no doubt the thieves could make our lives quite miserable.."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Coat one of his darts in the Drow sleep poison and try to move to a good position.

Does Minniwick recognize the robes of the victim?
Knowledge Local1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA
Minniwick Zookwinkle wrote:

Coat one of his darts in the Drow sleep poison and try to move to a good position.

Does Minniwick recognize the robes of the victim?
Knowledge Local1d20+7

Spoiler:

He appears to be an initiate of the church of Sarenrae, as you see his holy symbol and blue robes

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy stands behind Broccan, his polearm ready. "Listen to this man lads, you're out numbered and without hope, so leave that man alone and you'll get away from here with your lives."

Diplomacy1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The thugs draw swords when you arrive and one of them tells you to "Bugger Off"....

They take a few steps backwards but stay on guard!


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

"They may be bad news but that is a holy man and healer that they are stomping on." Minniwick will not make the first move but keeps his dart ready

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Cnvy advances "Come Broccan, let's help that cleric there." with his polearm ready to strike, fully expecting the 2 men to strike at him, until he reaches the man on the floor. " Get up and get behind me, then walk towards my friends there. You will be safe with us."

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Human Fighter/7

On my turn.

(Broccan slowly advances ahead of Canvy, interposing himself between the priest and the thugs, maintaing his readied action, should the thugs attack.

"We're takin' this poor fella outa here, now. Ye can leave, or y'can face us, butch'y'll no' be hurtin' him n'more."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The thugs continue to back off as you approach the youth...

Once you secure the priest, you note his wounds are superficial and he has not taken a wound that is a threat to his life....

"Many thanks and the blessing of Sarenrae upon you." The youth whispers, "I am Ruphus Laro take me to the Temple of Sarenrae on Obsidian avenue."

Everyone

Spoiler:

You may engage the thugs if you want just throw in an attack roll!

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy retreats with the cleric.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Canvy Mandrain wrote:
Canvy retreats with the cleric.

Erine follows suit. "No good will come of this," she mutters.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Putting the dart in an empty vial and making room in the back of the Donkey cart. "Have a seat and we will get you back to your temple."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree casts a spell.....

Shortly a horse appears on the street....

Sanstree seems to goad the horse forward....

Handle animal
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

The horse charges the thugs who promptly flee down the road....The horse catches one in the shoulder with a bite....

damage
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The horse keeps on after the thugs with no rider in the saddle and a bridle hanging low....

"at should keepem busy fer tah next hour!"


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Sanstree wrote:

Sanstree casts a spell.....

Shortly a horse appears on the street....

Sanstree seems to goad the horse forward....

Handle animal
1d20+8

The horse charges the thugs who promptly flee down the road....The horse catches one in the shoulder with a bite....

damage
1d4+2

The horse keeps on after the thugs with no rider in the saddle and a bridle hanging low....

"at should keepem busy fer tah next hour!"

That seems like chicken counting prior to the hatching, and also essentially an attack.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Once on Obsidian avenue the Temple of Sarenrae comes into view.

A two storey structure with white marble walls, infused with veins of vivid blue. The whole thing is flanked by dark buildings of black stone.

A pair of white marble statues of armored virtous warriers stands on each side of the temples heavy wooden doors.

You are ushered inside and given a place to rest two of the other initiates take Ruphus to be tended to....

"Please wait here friends I know that the headmistress will want to thank you and speak with you in person."

A plate of fruits, nuts, cheeses and breads is offered to you in addition to fresh drink.......


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

A woman enters the room.

She has brown hair with a hint of grey is 5'4 human female wearing golden robes with a silver holy symbol around her neck....

"I am Jenya, acting headmistress while the master is away in Sassarine. Thank you for assisting Laro, not many in Cauldron defy theives openly. You are heroes and I am in need of heroes."

She pauses and looks at you...

"Four children were kidnapped from the local orphanage three nights ago. There names are Deakon, Evelyn, Lucinda, and Terrem. The children are the most recent vicitms in a series of strange disappearances and robberies. I am wanting to recover the children most of all and am offering a reward for the safe return and justice upon the perpetrators."


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan speaks to the woman quietly, not looking at her directly.)

"We uh, ...ran afoul o' some slavers on'ne road t' Cauldron, mis'tres. S'it poss'ble tha' they took th' children?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Doubtful since we know some of the facts regarding the case

The Orphanage has two common bedchambers on the second floor-one for girls, the other for boys. Two children were taken from each room. None of the other children or staff heard or saw anything....

The Orphanage has barred windows and excellent locks protecting it's doors. The children are locked into their rooms at night to prevent mischief...

We have publicily vowed to locate the children and bring the perpetrators to justice....

I have used an artifact of the church to help in locating the children it has divination magic usable once a week....

I asked "Where are the children who were abducted from the Lantern Street Orphanage?"

I wrote down the answer it seems to have several important clues....

The locks are key to finding them.
Look beyond the curtain, below the cauldron.
Beware the doors with teeth.
Descend into the Malachite hold.,
where precious life is bought with gold.
Half a dwarf binds them but not for long.

I can offer a reward of 2,500 gold....after everyone is back and the perpetrators brought to justice..

Till then I have potions of cure moderate wounds and you can return here for minor healings...."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy, who squirms and is feeling very uncomfortable here, only vaguely listening to the woman, his eyes search out the doors and windows. He really does want to get out of this place, well he did until he heard her speak of a reward. With the opportunity to gain 2,500gp, Canvy turns his head towards the woman, "Sorry, I didn't catch your name, but for myself it would be a fine opportunity to help you and raise some much needed gold for ourselves." He looks round the rest of the company, a broad smile beaming from his face.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"You must pardon our friend Canvy he love gol...I mean children, and is ready to get going as soon as possible, likely after the rain stops and the sun comes up."

201 to 250 of 5,422 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.