Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


151 to 200 of 5,609 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

OK guys,
I updated from the GMG for hero points!

I put the uses and limitations on this profile page....
maximum is 3 hero points saved at any one time....

I think the most common uses will be re-rolls and cheat death (even though it takes 2 points). You will gain a point each time you level...

I will assume everyone has at least 2 hero points right now...

Carry ON!

There are no more opponents
slaver 2 recovery
1d4 ⇒ 1

The second slaver seems to recover his footing and takes off into the forest!

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy picks up the polearm and compares it to his own.

Profession (soldier) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 to know about the polearm and quality.


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan sheathes his sword, plants a knee firmly in the back of the struggling slaver and grabs him by the hair, pulling his neck up at a very uncomforatble angle.)

"Well, are ye gonna 'xplain yerself, or am I gonna have t'persuade ye?"

Edrukk:

Spoiler:

For my part, I apologize for skipping your turn.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

The polearm appears to be a very fine quality, easy to manuever, balanced and strong.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Broccan Dunchad wrote:

(Broccan sheathes his sword, plants a knee firmly in the back of the struggling slaver and grabs him by the hair, pulling his neck up at a very uncomforatble angle.)

"Well, are ye gonna 'xplain yerself, or am I gonna have t'persuade ye?"

Edrukk: ** spoiler omitted **

"Broccan," Erine warns, "he looks badly hurt. Put him down and I'll heal him. Then you can interrogate the poor man."


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Broccan:

Spoiler:
It wasn't you and if I hadn't been offline all day, I'd have jumped in out of order. Just irritated me after the day I'd had.

Edrukk moves forward to report the defeat and capture to the captain.


Varies Varies Varies

The slavers head is at an uncomfortable angle and appears nearly unconscious...

"Jus got an order fer a couple gladiators fer an arena, usually take a guard or two from a caravan."

The slaver spits out a tooth...

"I been workin this route fer awhile ain't never no spellcasters."

spits again

Sense motive
DC 15

Spoiler:

he is obviously hiding something


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Soon enough Edrukk tracks down the captain of the carvan...

The captain appears flustered and is sheathing his sword as you approach

Before you have a chance to say anything the captain asks

"How many did they get this time?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Having watched the slaver and his interrogation, from where he has been evaluating the polearm, Canvy wanders over and looking down with hate in his eyes, "So how many of you are there? I assume we can expect a visit from more of your friends later, or do they leave you here to die?" As Canvy asks, he kicks the man in the side, not hard enough to do permamnent damage, just enough so that he knows he's among 'friends'. Canvy sneers, A nice present, so how did scum like you get hold of it? referring to the slavers polearm now found in Canvy's possession.

Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Human Fighter/7

Sense Motive (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 5

"Well, y'press'd y'r luck one time t'many. I'll noh'kill ye, now tha'y'r help'less as a freshslung whelp, bu' th'magistrate'n Cauldron may noh be s'kind."

(Broccan relaxes his hold enough that the man is no longer in pain, but not enough to let him slip loose.)

(To anyone and everyone in earshot)

"I've a goodly lenth'o rope in meh'pack. Someone fetch it an' les truss'up this swine an' ship'm t'town. He's a date wi'the judge."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Sense Motive: 1d23 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Erine hesitates. Then she puts an arm on Canvy's shoulder (reaching up to do so). "Canvy, don't fly off the handle. He was just doing his job." She murmurs a spell, and whispers something under her breath.

Message spell to Canvy:
"Good guard, bad guard. You be the bad guy, I'll be the nice one. Got it?

"But listen, my friend--what's your name?--you need to be honest with us. Canvy can be a bit...temperamental."

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
EDIT: Sigh....so much for that idea. Continue with your violence.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

With the man secured Sanstree takes things off of the man....

sap
tanglefoot bags (2)
bolas (2)
a couple of vials(2)
manacles

He quickly passes the vials to Minniwick
"This seems tah be yer area of expertise"

"Lets use these manacles on him."
Moves to do so.

"I got a couple o tangle bags who can usem?"

Shortly Sanstree is left examining a small curious item off of the Slaver...

Spoiler:

feather tolken (whip)


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8
KenderKin wrote:

Soon enough Edrukk tracks down the captain of the carvan...

The captain appears flustered and is sheathing his sword as you approach

Before you have a chance to say anything the captain asks

"How many did they get this time?"

The dwarf's almost-surly demeanor nearly slips in surprise. "'ow many what? Who?" Then realization dawns, "D'ye mean 'ose two mangy 'idnappers? We got 'un, let 'un run off int' th' woods. If'n we 'ere supposed t' catch 'em all, jus' say so -- but Ah'm not sure Ah'd wanna be 'avin' t' feed 'em all, prolly eat through th' caravan 'fore we reach Cauldron..."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Examine the vials handed to him.

Craft Alchemy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Appraise 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

If Needed
Spellcraft 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Kn Arcana 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy takes the manacles from Sanstree, "Leave them to me, I wanna make sure he feels my 'love' for 'im....ha ha ha!" Then Canvy makes sure the manacles are tightly placed on the slaver. "Now you're gonna be cooperative ain't ya? Still, who'd ya say ya were working for?" The manacles get tighter. "Sorry, I didn't hear ya?"


Male Human Fighter/7

(After Canvy places the manacles on the slaver, Broccan retrieves and recoils his rope, storing in his pack.)

"Easy Cap'n. The sentence f'r kidnap'n in Cauldron might'well be cuttin' off 'is hands, bu'that's f'r the magistrate t'say...O'course, if we had th'man who hired'm instead, th'judge migh'be willin' to let'm go with a floggin' instead."

Diplomacy/or Bluff (both untrained): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Canvy Mandrain wrote:
Canvy takes the manacles from Sanstree, "Leave them to me, I wanna make sure he feels my 'love' for 'im....ha ha ha!" Then Canvy makes sure the manacles are tightly placed on the slaver. "Now you're gonna be cooperative ain't ya? Still, who'd ya say ya were working for?" The manacles get tighter. "Sorry, I didn't hear ya?"

"Canvy, calm down." Erine loosens the manacles a little, unless Canvy objects. "We aren't in the business of abusing our prisoners. I don't know what was allowed when you were a soldier, but rules change outside wartime."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy, holds Erine's hand on the manacles, "Not now, let him answer first, you think these are the only two?" Quietly into Erine's ear he whispers, "One slaver got away, we need to know what forces he might bring back, otherwise we might forfeit our lives at their hands. Understand this is not for my pleasure, but for mine and your lives, so hold now. He will have a more comfortable bracelet once we know more."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Canvy Mandrain wrote:
Canvy, holds Erine's hand on the manacles, "Not now, let him answer first, you think these are the only two?" Quietly into Erine's ear he whispers, "One slaver got away, we need to know what forces he might bring back, otherwise we might forfeit our lives at their hands. Understand this is not for my pleasure, but for mine and your lives, so hold now. He will have a more comfortable bracelet once we know more."

Did he not hear Erine, or is he just ignoring her?

"We need not torture him. Torture never produces truths." But she sighs. "Fine."
She turns to the prisoner. "You'd better tell him. He's not all there, and he's liable to amputate your wrists if you don't answer. He never knows when to stop. If you're honest with us, we'll make sure your sentence is lenient."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Minniwick

Spoiler:

fairly certain the vials are drow sleep poison


Varies Varies Varies

"I been slavin long this route fer awhile they are sure tah give me a severe penalty in Cauldron."

"Truth is my band has taken five guards already off this carvan, the hillfolk been providin a distraction."

"Cauldron is busy with kidnappens o there own an not take no notice o me, If yer agreeable tah let me go, I might be able tah probe my contacts in tha trade and give ye some intelligence....."

Sense Motive
DC 15

Spoiler:

This man seems to understand making a deal and sticking to it.

"two tah three thousand gold is a solid reward, I can help, not tah worry bout the supplies yer welcome tah keep tha stuff."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
BBEGs "Big Bad Evil Guy/s" wrote:

"I been slavin long this route fer awhile they are sure tah give me a severe penalty in Cauldron."

"Truth is my band has taken five guards already off this carvan, the hillfolk been providin a distraction."

"Cauldron is busy with kidnappens o there own an not take no notice o me, If yer agreeable tah let me go, I might be able tah probe my contacts in tha trade and give ye some intelligence....."

Sense Motive
DC 15
** spoiler omitted **

"two tah three thousand gold is a solid reward, I can help, not tah worry bout the supplies yer welcome tah keep tha stuff."

Erine peers at the man. Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Note to self: Perception and Sense Motive are two skills I could use some ranks in.
"One moment. Canvy, loosen his manacles but keep an eye on him (or have someone else do so). The rest of you and Zookwinkle, come over here."
Once out of hearing range, Erine whispers. "What do you think? Is he honest? Slavery is in some cultures perfectly acceptable, and it seems fair enough to me. It's like the mercenary work we do. If he's just doing this to earn a living, I think we can trust him. But I really can't tell."
Erine freezes. "Wait. Waaaaitwaitwait. How did he know we're going after the two and a half thousand gold reward?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Canvy, listens to Erine and despite his initial reservations, loosens slightly the manacles. "That's more like it, you be helpful to us, an' we'll be helpful to you."


Male Human Fighter/7

Sense Motive (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 3

(to the slaver) "How can'we trus'tya t' keep y'word? Y'jus migh' runoff'n bring a big'r gang nex'time."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Off to the side with Erine and the others.

"This area can be dangerous but I have been running my cart up and down this road for more years then I care to admit and this is about as bad as it has ever been." Holding out the vials taken from the slaver. "This is Drow sleep poison, bad stuff used by some bad people. It is hard to get your hands on unless you have contacts....under Cauldron."

Erine wrote:
"Wait. Waaaaitwaitwait. How did he know we're going after the two and a half thousand gold reward?"

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"I have heard a few things about a reward for the return of missing people in Cauldron. Is that why you all are headed to town? For him to know that someone is watching you" he shrugs his shoulders, "or it was just a good guess that a group of armed warriors and spellcasters were on there way to make a few thousand gold. There are not a lot of adventuring types out this way."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"what so you're for letting him go then Broccan, do ya think he'll really help us with getting that money? And what about his mate, do you think he'll go along with it? It's a bit against me principles to let me enemies go, but do ya think he will really keep his word and help us?"

Turning to Minniwick, Canvy asks, "So this Caulderon place, does it have slave markets and the like? Is he telling the truth about them gladiators, do they have a 'sporting' arena?"


Varies Varies Varies

"Lots of things go on in Cauldron not all of them are posted or easy to find, I work the outlands rather than Cauldron proper, but someone is takin people an taken people is mah business."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
Canvy Mandrain wrote:
Turning to Minniwick, Canvy asks, "So this Caulderon place, does it have slave markets and the like? Is he telling the truth about them gladiators, do they have a 'sporting' arena?"

"No slave market out in the open. But he is right in saying that a lot goes on in Cauldron. Now the big city on the other end of this trade route is Sasserine and there is a 'sporting arena' there. As far as I have heard they pay their fighters... except for the captured monsters they use. Fighting in the ring is good money if your willing to take the risk. I think a retired fortune seeker runs the place."

Pointing at the slaver. "I do not think that letting him go is a good idea. Turn him over to the guard in Cauldron. It is better then he deserves but I think the right thing to do.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Meanwhile closer to the front of the caravan

Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:
KenderKin wrote:

Soon enough Edrukk tracks down the captain of the carvan...

The captain appears flustered and is sheathing his sword as you approach

Before you have a chance to say anything the captain asks

"How many did they get this time?"

The dwarf's almost-surly demeanor nearly slips in surprise. "'ow many what? Who?" Then realization dawns, "D'ye mean 'ose two mangy 'idnappers? We got 'un, let 'un run off int' th' woods. If'n we 'ere supposed t' catch 'em all, jus' say so -- but Ah'm not sure Ah'd wanna be 'avin' t' feed 'em all, prolly eat through th' caravan 'fore we reach Cauldron..."

"That is quite alright that you did not catch them fine dwarf, I thought maybe yer group would be more than they expected!"

"I did well in hiring such worthwhile guards! I am certain the path is clear to Cauldron."

"I shall pay you now for your service."

hands off a pouch of gold

"Divide that with your friends, I wish I had got a look at old Kords face when he tried to take you and your friends!"

Commander laughs heartily and moves back to the front

"Move Out!"

The caravan starts forward again


Male Human Fighter/7

(To Canvy)

"T'be truthful, Cap'n I din'know if we can trus'tim."

(Looking the slaver in the eye, though still speaking to Canvy)

"Th'only reason he's still breathin' is tha' he was lucky enough t'be hit by Sanstree'n the wee-lass's spells instead'o havin' a yard'o steel ramm'd in'is gut like th'other fella. If we did let'em go..IF, mind ye, an 'e turn'd onnus aft'r sparin' his life, he cou' be cert'n tha' th'nex time we met 'e wou' suff'r a goo'while before I put'n end t'is misra'bl life!"

(Turning back to face Canvy)

"P'raps i'd be less both'r t'jus turn'm ov'r t'the magistrate in Cauldron. What'evr happ'ns, I'll noh forgive 'r grant quarter those who'd hurt meh'friends or betray meh trust."


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

The dwarf comes back to where the others are talking, surprised to see the slaver on his feet.

Talking to the others away from the captive, he says, "The cap'n 's 'appy t' 'ear we got th' better o' th' slavers -- s' 'appy 'e paid me 'lready fer 'r services. Said 'ey captured five o' 'eir guards 'is trip." Looking at the captured man, "S' d'ye 'ave a plan fer 'at t' do wit' 'im?"

He shows them the pouch of gold that the captain provided. How much is in the bag, good DM?


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Edrukk Thorvirgun wrote:

The dwarf comes back to where the others are talking, surprised to see the slaver on his feet.

Talking to the others away from the captive, he says, "The cap'n 's 'appy t' 'ear we got th' better o' th' slavers -- s' 'appy 'e paid me 'lready fer 'r services. Said 'ey captured five o' 'eir guards 'is trip." Looking at the captured man, "S' d'ye 'ave a plan fer 'at t' do wit' 'im?"

He shows them the pouch of gold that the captain provided. How much is in the bag, good DM?

"I say we hire him. If we can't afford to now, we could promise him a share of the prize. I see no reason to kill him, he's just earning a living."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Bag contains 25 gold as promised for guard duty!


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

"Hmm, seems t' me that 'r new friend should be fer gettin' a share o' th' pay. 'n now ye want t' be fer payin' 'is guy... Ah'm not much fer money, but Ah'm not seein' a way t' be splittin' 25 gp amongst th' 6 o' us even-like."

Edrukk shrugs, "'at say we keep th' gold fer buyin' 'nother wand fer th' party later? Ah'm sure th' time 'll be comin' when we're fer needin' it."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"I am not fer sure tha commander meant fer myself tah be a guard he was talkin bout yerself an Broccan rather than me."

"Our new friend her has a pouch o coin fer sure I left it on his belt Ima not fer bein a bandit!"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy looks at Sanstree with incredulity, his eyes purple with disbelief and not a little annoyance, "Are you mad, It's the spoils of war, not banditry Sanstree! He comes to either take your life or sell you to your death and you say, 'i'm sorry, here's your money'. He is being given his life, that is enough, he forfeits his possessions." Canvy removes the pouch from the slaver's belt.

He turns to the slaver scowling and growls, "I'm sorry my friend misled you, your life is our gift to you, not your fortune."

Canvy then turns his ire onto Erine, "Hmmm, I think you'll find that his life is his reward, Erine. What is it you want to give him our hard earned money. I'd rather slit his throat than let him take our money and run. You want to go with him and be sold into slavery, then it's up to you, but for me he and his friend have been a blight on the good people who ply their trade up and down this road. It is fortunate that Minniwick was with us, otherwise you would be bidding for his services at some black market somewhere. We'll not encourage such, by paying our money to such a man."

The slaver is still in manacles, but they are not biting into his wrists anymore.


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8
Sanstree wrote:
"I am not fer sure tha commander meant fer myself tah be a guard he was talkin bout yerself an Broccan rather than me."

"Th' cap'n 'ad no idee 'o me friends were, jus' 'at Ah was bringin' some. If'n ye dinna think yer a guard mebbe we c'n split th' pay 'n give ye th' small share, but Ah'm not sure 'at's fair. 'n Ah'm not really thinkin' t' give th' slaver any o' th' money, t' be clear."

A six-way split of 25 gp really doesn't work well. I'm fine with someone carrying the lot of it as a "party fund" unless someone really objects. Edrukk can carry it, but he won't assume that's fine with everyone else.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Canvy Mandrain wrote:

Canvy looks at Sanstree with incredulity, his eyes purple with disbelief and not a little annoyance, "Are you mad, It's the spoils of war, not banditry Sanstree! He comes to either take your life or sell you to your death and you say, 'i'm sorry, here's your money'. He is being given his life, that is enough, he forfeits his possessions." Canvy removes the pouch from the slaver's belt.

He turns to the slaver scowling and growls, "I'm sorry my friend misled you, your life is our gift to you, not your fortune."

Canvy then turns his ire onto Erine, "Hmmm, I think you'll find that his life is his reward, Erine. What is it you want to give him our hard earned money. I'd rather slit his throat than let him take our money and run. You want to go with him and be sold into slavery, then it's up to you, but for me he and his friend have been a blight on the good people who ply their trade up and down this road. It is fortunate that Minniwick was with us, otherwise you would be bidding for his services at some black market somewhere. We'll not encourage such, by paying our money to such a man."

The slaver is still in manacles, but they are not biting into his wrists anymore.

"Slavery is a job, just like mercenary work," Erine says. "If we offer him a new job, I don't see why he'd decline."

Sense Motive 9:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Erine seems defensive.


Male Human Fighter/7

Sense Motive (untrained); 1d20 ⇒ 2 yep, oblivious, as usual!

"Captur'n folk t' be fodd'r for'n arena is the same as our workin' to protect th' caravan from them? F'rgive me f'r d'sagree'n, bu' I see a big diff'rence. We arn't breakin' the law, an' we arn't hurtin' anyone 'cept those who tried t' hurt us first. I don' care wha' th' off'r was, I'd nev'r go hunt'n folk t'make slaves of 'um. Bu' b'lieve whatcha will, wee-lass; I jus' thought y' knew us bett'r 'n that."

(Broccan turns his back and walks away from the discussion rather than press an argument. He stops a few paces off, not looking at the group.)

"Do what'evr th'hell'ye want with'm. Free'm, kill'm, or make'm your friend, I'm done with it."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The bag from the slaver contains another 100 gold.....


Varies Varies Varies

"My offer still stands, I and my followers will not attack this caravan again and I will get with my contacts for intelligence...You just need to let me go soon!"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Sorry Canvy I was thinkin more o taken his weapons than o taken his money belt!"

"Mah guess is I got the right thing first!"

Sanstree begins to walk since the Caravan appears to have started moving.....


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Having already given his opinion of the Slavers fate Minniwick just listens and keeps his eyes open for another wave of attackers. He will fiddle about with a few of his vials and powders for a minute as he listens.

GM:
He will mix up a elixir of Bomber's Eye


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Broccan Dunchad wrote:

Sense Motive (untrained); 1d20 yep, oblivious, as usual!

"Captur'n folk t' be fodd'r for'n arena is the same as our workin' to protect th' caravan from them? F'rgive me f'r d'sagree'n, bu' I see a big diff'rence. We arn't breakin' the law, an' we arn't hurtin' anyone 'cept those who tried t' hurt us first. I don' care wha' th' off'r was, I'd nev'r go hunt'n folk t'make slaves of 'um. Bu' b'lieve whatcha will, wee-lass; I jus' thought y' knew us bett'r 'n that."

(Broccan turns his back and walks away from the discussion rather than press an argument. He stops a few paces off, not looking at the group.)

"Do what'evr th'hell'ye want with'm. Free'm, kill'm, or make'm your friend, I'm done with it."

Erine seems uncertain, but doesn't seem to know--or perhaps care--that he is unwilling to press the argument.

"Slavery is only against the law in some places. Besides, those in the arena are paid well enough."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Well, I'm inclined to let him go if my steel doesn't take him. Don't want to cart him all the way to Cauldron, and he seems willing to help us in exchange for his life, or whatever fate he would receive at Cauldron. We have stripped him of his possessions, that maybe punishment enough, provided he help us in future. I think we should take Edrukk's counsel on this."

Turning to the slaver he says, "And by what name do you go by? If we make a bargain, your life will be forfeit should we meet again in unfriendly circumstances."


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Edrukk shrugs his considerable shoulders. "'e 'as no weapon, 'e 's no attackin', 'e's no concern o' mine. Ah dinnae favor killin' a man 'n cold blood, but keep 'im 'r let 'im go, Ah dinnae care. If'n 'e 's gonna 'elp us 'n return fer 'is freedom, 'at's a deal Ah c'n live wit'. Fair 'nough?"

With that, the dwarf starts moving after the wagons that have started to move. "Ye need t' be decidin', friends - free 'im 'r drag 'im behind, but do 't now!"


Male Human Fighter/7

(Frustrated with the situation, Broccan strides over to the man and removes his manacles, meeting his eyes with barely contained fury.)

"Leave. Now. 'Fore I decide t' gut ye an' be done wi' it."

(Throwing the manacles to the ground in disgust, Broccan turns without another word and follows the caravan.)


Varies Varies Varies

"Aye and I keep me word, if yah needs information give me a few days an then go tah the tilted tavern an ask fer Kord."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy offers Broccan and Edrukk his old polearm to borrow, whilst he leanrs to use the new one. As they go with the wagons, Canvy will practice thrusts and parries against imaginary foes, as he feels how best to use the polearm.

DM:

Any details I should know about the polearm, before I use it in battle?


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8
Canvy Mandrain wrote:

Canvy offers Broccan and Edrukk his old polearm to borrow, whilst he leanrs to use the new one. As they go with the wagons, Canvy will practice thrusts and parries against imaginary foes, as he feels how best to use the polearm.

** spoiler omitted **

Edrukk will carry it for now since he's normally a two-handed weapon user, but there's not much chance he won't just drop it in favor of Gorum's favored weapon instead.

151 to 200 of 5,609 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.