Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


101 to 150 of 5,426 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

Kind of jumping ahead, aren't we? We never had time to discuss the proposition of guarding among the party. Assuming everyone's cool with the idea...

Edrukk retires early and awakens early, cleaning himself up and looking over his gear with a critical eye. Use of the mending orison repairs his clothes easily enough, and he's able to wash it, as well, so he packs the new clothes into his pack for later use, wrapped to form a tight bundle.

Exiting the Lucky Monkey, he looks for the caravan master, and tells him, "Th' lot o' us 'r 'appy t' 'elp ye 'n yer travels, cap'n. 't one o'r 'ere be Broccan, 'n th' one sittin' 'n th' ground be Canvy. Ah dinnae see th' other two yet, but we're fer bein' th' warriors o' th' group. Ah'll see t' gettin' th' other two down 'ere." Not including Minniwick yet, not out of malice, just because Edrukk may not realize you are traveling the same road just yet.


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Minniwick is up early and has his breakfast at the bar talking with whoever is working at the time. Making his way out to the stable and stow his backpack in the cart. Make sure Bubbles is fed and that both Bubbles and the cart are ready for the road. With a chipper good morning to all as he passes he will take a place at the end of the caravan. If the caravan master objects he will wait until they are almost out of sight and trail the caravan to Cauldron.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The carvan guards seem to be sturdy veterans with an eye for troublemakers, most of them are surely and pugnacious....

They are each outfitted with banded mail, buckler, heavy crossbow, longswords, and kukri.....

There are 4 uncovered wagons and 2 guards per wagon, as they form up to head out in the morning.

The commander seeing several people and a donkey cart approaches Edrukk....

"Good morn Dwarf, I assume these be yeer companions"
he gives an approving nod toward Canvy and Broccan

"Good enough then I have my seasoned guardstaking positions and wanted you to bring up the rear, just do not lag to far behind"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy looks at the Gnome in a rather confused way. "You part of this caravan as well? A gnome amongst all these dwarfs?"


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan looks around for the other two party members.)

"It seems Sanstree n' the wee-lass'v overslept. Shou' I go wake'm 'fore the carav'n leaves'm behind?"


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Broccan Dunchad wrote:

(Broccan looks around for the other two party members.)

"It seems Sanstree n' the wee-lass'v overslept. Shou' I go wake'm 'fore the carav'n leaves'm behind?"

"I'm here. Just...didn't have much to say."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree looks refreshed and ready for the road.

as an aside to Broccan...

"What is Canvy talking about Dwarves for?"


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
Canvy Mandrain wrote:
Canvy looks at the Gnome in a rather confused way. "You part of this caravan as well? A gnome amongst all these dwarfs?"

"No sir I am not. I just met the good Dwarf last night and we have yet to be introduced. I am Minniwick Zookwinkle", he sweeps off his yarn hat and motions to the contents of his cart, "A crafter and peddler of alchemical items. I frequent the roads around Cauldron selling from plantation to village to roadside inn. What brings you to these parts?"


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan, realizing that Erine was literally right under his nose, turns a bit red and laughs, heartily.)

"Ah, and so y'are wee-lass! M'deepest apologies, I'm not th'sharpest tool in th'shed, bu'ye knew that already, ha ha!"

(To Sanstree, under his breath.)

"Th' Cap'n's been'a bit strang'er than usual since he...uh...returned. I suggest jus' noddin' an' smilin' when 'e talks like that."


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
Broccan Dunchad wrote:

(Broccan, realizing that Erine was literally right under his nose, turns a bit red and laughs, heartily.)

"Ah, and so y'are wee-lass! M'deepest apologies, I'm not th'sharpest tool in th'shed, bu'ye knew that already, ha ha!"

(To Sanstree, under his breath.)

"Th' Cap'n's been'a bit strang'er than usual since he...uh...returned. I suggest jus' noddin' an' smilin' when 'e talks like that."

"You're not stupid," Erine says awkwardly, "You're just...kind of mediocre."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Of course shortly after first light when the wagons lurch forward and move slowly along you soon realize that the reason this is a two day trip is the wagons themselves.

The heat starts soon after the light, the pace is lighter than the previous day.

A couple of hours into the march the wagons come to a halt as each driver holds his right fist in the air with his arm bent at the elbow.

profession solidier 1 or more ranks

Spoiler:

This is the hand signal to stop as something ahead has gotten the attention of the forward guard.

Soon enough a message is passed back with 2 fingers and two of the guards move forward to assist.

perception
no roll required

Spoiler:

The caravan is humans....no dwarves!


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
KenderKin wrote:


profession solidier 1 or more ranks
** spoiler omitted **

My feat

Feats:
Breadth of Experience:You get a +2 bonus to all Knowledge and Profession skill check, and can make checks with those skills untrained
allows me to roll on all profession skills with out having a rank in the skill. Is this something I could know?

Profession Solder 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA
Minniwick Zookwinkle wrote:
KenderKin wrote:


profession solidier 1 or more ranks
** spoiler omitted **

My feat ** spoiler omitted ** allows me to roll on all profession skills with out having a rank in the skill. Is this something I could know?

Profession Solder 1d20+4

Yes fairly common knowledge that small groups use hand signals and large forces often use banners/flags to direct troop movements.....

It is also likely the signal came from ahead of the first wagon since there is little reason to be so quiet after driving over the enemy with a wagon........


Male Human Fighter/7

(To no one in particular)

"I wonder wha's goin' on up there."

Perception roll (to see or hear anything that might give a clue): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Although focusing on the activity all around since everyone is being quite and still you are the first to notice two men stalking the bushes along the road behind you!

Initiative for slaver 1
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Initiative for slaver 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

They leap out with bolas spinning over there heads!

You are up roll for initiative!


Male Human Fighter/7

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

"AMBUSH!!"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Initiative
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Init: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
1d1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Erine pauses, trying to remember something about slavers that might help.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Erine

Spoiler:

Slavers tend to take a few potential slaves and leave with them in tow, also to your knowledge they favor taking humans for slaves....

known to use subdual damage and sleep poisons


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
KenderKin wrote:

Erine

** spoiler omitted **

On her turn, Erine will take out her Antitoxin and pass it to Broccan.

"You and Canvy are most likely to be targeted, of the five of us. They use poison, so this may help."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Initiative 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

OK slaver 1 has initiative

He lets the bola go
(using his great intellect to target Broccan)
attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

The bola wraps itself into your shield one of the balls comes around and hits you in the face, bloodying your lip and causing one point of damage.......

Broccan and Minniwick have next go!


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Minniwick grabs a pouch from his apron and quickly mixes it with a vial of liquid. "Fire in the hole" Tossing the Vial behind the two slavers to catch them both in the resulting blast.

If I need to only target one person so that I do not catch anyone else in the caravan I will do so. I am not going to add the explosive to the bomb so I do not catch the jungle on fire.

He then jumps down to take cover behind the cart and steady Bubbles if needed.

Targeting a Hex AC 5 Splash damage for 5 points each
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Fighter/7

(Spitting out blood)

"Bast'rd!"

(Rushing forward normal movement and striking the slaver.)

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

And, of course, the cursed rubber sword strikes (or rather, doesn't) again!


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12
Minniwick Zookwinkle wrote:


Targeting a Hex AC 5 Splash damage for 5 points each
1d20+2

Oops! it will miss for 1 hex per range increment (20') distance to the target in a clockwise direction 1d8 ⇒ 5 with a 1 falling short


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Okay, change of plans.
"Broccan, no, stay out--arg! Okay, here goes, Goat!"
Erine puts a hand on her familiar, and fixes her eyes on the slaver who hasn't thrown his bola yet. She speaks, but her voice is different, hissing with fury. "Fles. Preseks."

Draconic:
"Run. Now."

Cause Fear, will save DC 16.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Second slaver will save
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Slaver throws the bola haphazardly
1d20 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 4 = 2

Actually hitting himself in the process as he turns to flee, he instead falls to the ground and crawls quickly away.

The fleeing slaver actually manages to burn his hands in Minniwick's road way bonfire.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree throws a quick appology to Canvy...
"Hate tah bring back any bad memories Canvy!"

Color spray
A 15 foot cone of various colored streamers of magical energy pass just to the side of Broccan and into the slavers.

save DC 16


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Slaver 1
will save
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Slaver 2
will save
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Slaver 1 still facing Broccan shrugs off the magical energy.

The second slaver crawling away in fear is not so lucky, he stops moving and screams out, "I can not see!"


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
KenderKin wrote:

Second slaver will save

1d20+1

Slaver throws the bola haphazardly
1d20-4

Actually hitting himself in the process as he turns to flee, he instead falls to the ground and crawls quickly away.

The fleeing slaver actually manages to burn his hands in Minniwick's road way bonfire.

Um, not to split hairs, but:

SRD wrote:
A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can.

So, the guy with the bola shouldn't have thrown it first. He should have just ran. Remember, I have Spell Focus.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA
Erine Wintyle wrote:
KenderKin wrote:

Second slaver will save

1d20+1

Slaver throws the bola haphazardly
1d20-4

Actually hitting himself in the process as he turns to flee, he instead falls to the ground and crawls quickly away.

The fleeing slaver actually manages to burn his hands in Minniwick's road way bonfire.

Um, not to split hairs, but:

SRD wrote:
A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can.
So, the guy with the bola shouldn't have thrown it first. He should have just ran. Remember, I have Spell Focus.

Spoiler:

He did run....right into his bola, then into Minniwicks fire and was still in range for the color spray....he really is not having a good day!
But he is doing his best!


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

It seems Canvy is up!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
KenderKin wrote:
Erine Wintyle wrote:
KenderKin wrote:

Second slaver will save

1d20+1

Slaver throws the bola haphazardly
1d20-4

Actually hitting himself in the process as he turns to flee, he instead falls to the ground and crawls quickly away.

The fleeing slaver actually manages to burn his hands in Minniwick's road way bonfire.

Um, not to split hairs, but:

SRD wrote:
A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can.
So, the guy with the bola shouldn't have thrown it first. He should have just ran. Remember, I have Spell Focus.
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
But he threw his bola first, which means even if he had not rolled a 1, he would have managed but a half move. And since the spell requires him to totally flee, it should have been a double move. It doesn't really matter, but I worry that a parting shot option makes the spell a bit less useful. I would have used Command if I'd known he could still attack after being enchanted. :P

M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Erine

Spoiler:

I totally agree usually...

....the weapon however ammassed tremendous force, much like a bow pulled back, indeed he did flee but the bola was released and had to go somewhere!

I think I gave him a -10 penalty to hit anything...
was at +7 (Using "slaver" pre-gens from GMG) ended up at -4 on the roll

The spell is tremendously useful and no way he would have gotten a melee attack......

I hope you are still happy!

Canvy is up!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
KenderKin wrote:

Erine

** spoiler omitted **

Canvy is up!

Don't forget, being Frightened gives an extra -2. :P

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy moves forward to be behind Broccan, raising his polearm and hitting the man.

Attack Bec De Corbin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Gosh, sorry I'm late, but I guess I missed this yesterday.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy's attack barely misses the slaver by 3 inches.

Spoiler:

Need a 15 to hit!

Slaver 1
Grits his teeth and draws an 8 foot fine wooden shafted weapon with a blade and wicked hook mounted on the end, making an attack on Broccan.

Attack roll
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

The fine edge misses Broccan as he gets a chance to admire the fine workmanship of the blade.....

The second slaver continues to move away from the fray blinded/confused and staggered....

You are up!


Male Human Fighter/7

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Crit damage (if applicable): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

(Broccan slashes the slaver with a sinister slice of his sleek steel sword.)

"Take tha'ye!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The slaver takes the damage and growls at Broccan.

"Isat tha best ye got!"


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Minniwick will mix up another bomb and hold it ready while he scans the area for more attackers and makes sure that the clumsy one does not double back. If he can safely throw a bomb he will.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Attack (if needed) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Edit: Damage if needed 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Splash 5' radius for 5 damage


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Minniwick.....
hits the crawling slaver in the back of the head, the impact has a great affect upon the man knocking him around till he is more confused!

perception

Spoiler:

You see no other opponents!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine watches the events and decided she needn't waste another spell.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree decides to storm burst the slaver facing Broccan for old times sake.....

Attack roll
(ranged touch)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
A storm engulfs the slaver dealing subdual damage
1d6 ⇒ 2


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy is up!

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy thrusts his polearm past Broccan at the slaver, Strike true at this foolish vagabond.

Attack Bec De Corbin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Varies Varies Varies

The slaver goes to the ground and lands heavily losing his grip on the polearm he falls before you.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

Glad to see you didn't need me, but I have to wonder why I was skipped. Have I done something to offend?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Edrukk

Guess you got lost in the shuffle somewhere....You can attack the one crawling around or finish this one off, he took some subdual damage...

Also seems to be a finely crafted polearm lying on the ground there as well......

Not sure how you got skipped! I think it was the excitement of combat!

Spoiler:

you can likely pick up the polearm and run down the crawling slaver who has not taken much damage yet....just make an attack roll!


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 24/66 hp

Whatever.

Edrukk dismisses the fallen foes, peering around to see if others wait in hiding.

101 to 150 of 5,426 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.