Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


451 to 500 of 5,484 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan's face falls at the news of Sanstree's sudden departure. "I s'pose it comes with bein'a'prentice t'a wiz'rd, eh?"

Speaking more to the air than anyone else he says, "Good luck t'ya, boy-o, y'll be a fine wiz'rd one day, I'm sure."

His face immediately becomes business-like. "Less get this thing done. Th'children'eed are'elp."


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

"Aye, people seem t' be comin' 'n goin' a lot, 't seems."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The staircase ends at a forty-foot-square room with a ten-foot-high ceiling. A slight draft blows into the from a ten-foot-wide open passage in the far wall, directly across from the stairs. Two four-foot-diameter circular doors are set into the middle of the south wall. Each door is made of wood and framed with a ring of mortared stones. The westernmost door is closed and inscribed with a strange glyph. The easternmost door bears a different glyph but rests half-open. The half-open door reveals an iron rim of gearlike teeth, and a dim light spills from the chamber beyond. Mounted to the walls of the room are twelve tarnished copper masks. The masks are two feet tall and cling four feet above the floor. Each one depicts a smiling gnome's visage. The soft giggling, chirping, and rustling noises seem to pour from the very walls.

Welcome to Jzadirune - behold the wonder!

But beware, ye who seek to plunder.

Traps abound and guardians peer

Beyond every portal, behind every gear.


Male Human Fighter/7

"So we're back'n an'underground fort'res full'o traps'n monst'rs, an' jus' think, we lef'the cita'dl to get'way from that sorta thing!" Broccan chuckles, but he is clearly not amused. He looks carefully at the marks on the doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Can anneone read these markins?"


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

"Welcome to Jzadirune saying it like a carnival vendor trying to get your attention It is good to be home again but be careful of what you touch. The Vanishing could still infect the magic of Jzadirune"

"Should be Gnomish" Minniwick will try and decipher the glyphs and inform everyone of what they say.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Minniwick the doors seem to be storage areas. One door is shut and the other which is slightly ajar shows the following.

A dozen small cots and chests line the walls of this ten-foot-high dusty room. Cobwebs blanket many of the cots and chests, and tiny spiders scurry about. Two rough-hewn tunnels, each five feet in diameter and tubular, breach the eastern and southern walls. Stony rubble covers the floor near each tunnel. A one-foot-long iron rod lies in the middle of the floor, its golden tip shedding enough light to cast lurid shadows on the walls.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy pokes his head round Minniwick to look into the room.
He speaks to Edrukk, "You know about holes, are they newly dug or what. They look too small for us to worry about, maybe we can look at the other door."
His attention is taken by the rod on the floor. He looks at it intently.

KK:

Appraise the rod on the floor1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Stonecunning perception check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

to see if I can determine anything about the nature of the holes, when they were created, by what, etc. Also, does one show more signs of traffic than the other?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy

Spoiler:

The rod set in the floor seems to have some magical light upon it, as Minniwick said it might be infected with the vanishing.
The masks set in the walls of the main room appear to be solid copper!

As Edrukk goes to get a good look into the room he is attacked by two rapiers wielded by Skulks inside the room.

Skulk #1
attack roll
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Skulk #2
attack roll
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The first Skulk hits Edrukk for 14 points of damage!

Edrukk

Spoiler:

The tunnels are not on the map and likely added by the skulks more recently. Likely used to bypass the doors they could not open.

Reminder to everyone the door is fairly open for small PCs and a squeeze for medium PCs


Male Human Fighter/7

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Mast'r Edrukk! Gett'away from'em y'bast'rds!"


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

KK: So you automatically double (or triple) on crits? I gather you rolled the confirmation roll off-site.

Edrukk roars in anger and draws his greatsword, stepping back 5' (if there is room).


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Initiative 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Throw the acid flask he has in his hand if there a clear shot. Try and get both targets and no party members. Otherwise go for indirect damage on both. Wait until Edrukk backs up if it obvious that he is doing so.
Ranged Touch 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Splash 5 points

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

With one free hand Canvy tries to further open the door to gain access to the aggressive creatures attacking Edrukk. Once opened fully, Canvy gets his polearm ready to spill blood.

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 5
Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

After you Minniewick, he bows....what rubbish rolls


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Edrukk steps back 5 from the door, Minniwick launches an acidic assault through the door dousing both skulks in acid, staggering one who is disoriented standing in the door opening.

Canvy

Spoiler:

The door does not budge!

Minniwick

Spoiler:

You recall the doors have crystal keys which fit into the center of each door, and that they often said a giant could not force those doors open

Edrukk

Spoiler:

Did the roll off site, due mostly to the weekend, will try to make rolls on-site ;)

Broccan

Spoiler:

You are up to attack either skulk, the staggered one is easier to hit than the one staying in position beside the door....

Edrukk can make an attack and Broccan!


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan strikes at the creature blocking the doorway.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Roll to confirm critical: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Updated map [

I updated the map showing which room is current and the tunnel opening in the back of the room.....

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

KK:
If there is a creature blocking the door, then Canvy's weapon has a 10ft reach, so I would think he could attack past Broccan. But I will wait for your judgement.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Broccan kills the creature in the doorway.

Canvy

Spoiler:

Go ahead on the other creature at the doors edge inside the room

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy uses his polearm as he reaches inside the doorway.

Mwk Polearm attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Mwk Polearm damage 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy's polearm slashes through the Skulk as its breath escapes it, then it is quiet the only sound you hear is the last of Minniwick's acid hissing away as it eats at some limestone.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Well done, lads!

KK:

Spoiler:
You are the DM, do it as you wish. I was hoping you'd forgotten to confirm the critical and I could wiggle my way out of losing 2/3 of my hit points to a skinny, rapier-wielding lurker.

Edrukk will say a prayer to the Lord in Iron and press the hilt of his greatsword to his breast, causing a mild glow to flow from the massive blade to the dwarf's skin, concentrating on the deep puncture hole provided by the lurker.

Trading Magic Weapon for Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Hmmm, hey Minniewick, those masks on the walls, what are they? Could be worth a bit o' money, what'dya think?" After his initial interest in the rod, he seems to ignore it and goes over to the boodis and starts to search them.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Perception on the search


Male Human Fighter/7

"D'ya think there're more'o vum?"

Broccan scans the area, sword at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

You see no sign of any other creatures. Each skulk carries:
Rapier, light crossbow, bolts (20), cloak, beltpouch, thunderstone, 8 silver, 12 copper.

Peering into the room you see...

A dozen small cots and chests line the walls of this ten-foot-high dusty room. Cobwebs blanket many of the cots and chests, and tiny spiders scurry about. Two rough-hewn tunnels, each five feet in diameter and tubular, breach the eastern and southern walls. Stony rubble covers the floor near each tunnel. A one-foot-long iron rod lies in the middle of the floor, its golden tip shedding enough light to cast lurid shadows on the walls.

A rat comes up and nibbles on one of the corpses.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Seeing the rat, Canvy involuntarily moves back away from the corpse. "Damn nasty vermin, someone get it away from me."


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan shoos the rat away with his boot. Looking over the looted gear, his eyes rest on the thunderstones. He picks them up, and examines the runes on them. He shows them to Minniwick.

"These'll make'a loud bang when'ya throw'em, eh? Might be'yuseful in a pinch."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

He turns to Canvy with a shocked look on his face "The masks are the welcoming faces of Jzadirune, just decorations." Give the masks a good look.

Appraise 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Regardless of the result

"They do not look to be worth the trouble of prying from the wall. They are Copper and not even pure"

"I do not remember the small tunnels I think the squatters must have made them. The doors are very strong and require an odd shaped crystal key that fit into the centre hole of each door. There should be markings on the doors in Gnomish that identify the door. These first two rooms are storage areas."

Looking at the thunderstones KN: Alchemy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 Do they look to be Gnomish made or come from elsewhere? Also the object on the ground looks to be a sunrod if it is can I tell how much longer it will stay lit?

To Broccan "Very useful to startle a spellcaster or flush things out of hiding."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The thunderstones appear to be non-gnomish,

the glowing bar on the other hand appears to have been set with glue to the floor....and will likely glow for years to come....

Spoiler:

The glue has not yet set if you would like to move the bar to another permanent location!

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Well I ain't going down them little holes first if we're gonna be meeting them rats. You're a dwarf, you go first Edrukk, go on please?"


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan looks quizzically at Canvy, opens his mouth as if to ask a question, then closes it. Hefting his shield and holding his sword at the ready, he turns to his companions.

"I'll go first. Jus' tell which way we're goin'."


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

Looking at the rod on the floor "this looks to be a nice bit of work." Prodding at a sticky substance covering the handle of the glowing rod, "The glue is not dry yet. Does anyone need a glowing shield or...well whatever?"

If no one says anything Minniwick will fix it to one of the light crossbows and gather up some of the bolts. "This thing is huge! Would someone mind loading a bolt into this thing."

Looking at the map that Keygan gave the group. And pointing to the room just south of this one. "I know what things were before. The pool that supplied water is in the large long room that this tunnel may lead to. If your going to live down here then it would be a key place to secure."

Looking around at the mess and the wedged open door. "By the way this door is kept open I am thinking that they do not have access to the keys. I am curious as to what they are using to dig these tunnels though."

Half to himself "Could be the safeguards are still active though" I think we would be better off using their tunnels for now and if we take the main halls keep an eye to the floor for traps.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

It seems that the options are to squeeze through the cresent door and selecting one of the two small tunnels or sticking to the main passageway and exiting the large room opposite where you came in....

Spoiler:

or you can try to close the door by removing the stone.....
on one side or the other


Male Human Fighter/7

"I dinna'mind tight spots. I'ma miner aft'rall, bu'iss gonna be hard t'swing'a sword in th'small pass'ges."

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy gets behind Broccan, "Lead on, just clear out any o' them rats as we go. I just hope me pole arm can get through with us. I reckon you should pick the tunnel that has the most use, if you can tell. I'm sure ya can, or Edrukk will use his dwarfish cunning to look deep into the rocks and divine the answer...hahhaha! Ya, know we loves ya really Edrukk, we wouldn't get far wivout you."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Edrukk briefly enters each tunnel and examines them.....

The tunnel out the back of the room goes 5 feet and branches both left and right.....the right branches again and the left turns sharply.

The tunnel out the side of the room is unbranched and much longer looking to go straight at least 60 feet.


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

Thanks, KK. Push him anytime you need to.

"Canvy, yer eyes 'n mine 'r better suited t' be 'n th' dark. Wit' yer reach, Ah'm thinkin' ye need t' be second 'n Broccan leadin'. Ah'll be last t' be watchin' behind us. We'll be fer keepin' th' gnomes 'n th' middle, eh?"

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"I'm fine with that, its just them rats, for some reason I just can't get on with 'em. Lead on Broccan." Canvy follows the route Broccan takes through the tunnel.

I think we go down whichever tunnel Edrukk thinks would be the best.


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan steps to the front, shield braced and sword at the ready. He glances back towards his compatriots.

"So which way fellas, righ'tor lef'?"


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

"In the middle, got it. Try right it looks like it may turn to the south and the water."


Male Human Fighter/7

"Right."

Broccan moves cautiously down the right passage.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy follows


Male Dwarven Cleric 6 of Gorum (Domains Strength, War); 64/66 hp

As does Edrukk, ushering Erine and Goat ahead of him. He will concentrate on watching their backtrail and report changes in depth quietly to the others as they descend. Roughly 25' increments unless someone asks for more detail.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As you enter the cramped tunnels and realizing that 5 feet to the ceiling is not comfortable for some of the party.....

The tunnel forms a "T" as it is entered and you turn to the right.

Ten feet further along and a side passage to the left goes another 10 feet into an area with moving lights. The tunnel continues another 10 feet and takes a sharp turn out of sight.

Minniwick

Spoiler:

You suspect this area to be the great hall of dancing lights an area you have not seen in many a year.

Perception
DC 15

Spoiler:

You hear water falling into a pool.

DC 20

Spoiler:

The area seems to be permanently illuminated by dancing lights.

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Perception

Canvy stops and tugs on Broccan's legs. "Listen, can you hear that?.... Quiet.......Can you hear that? sounds like a small waterfall."


Male Human Fighter/7

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Aye, I do hear't, an' these lights'r some kina magic, fer certain."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Actually making the turn towards the sound and the light you enter...

HALL OF DANCING LIGHTS

Eight black marble pillars support the thirty-foot-high ceiling of this majestic hall. The pillars are carved to resemble gnome artisans and warriors standing on each other’s shoulders, bracing the vaulted roof with their collective strength. The walls are adorned with faded murals depicting gnomes in reverie – playing pipes, dancing, performing acrobatic stunts, drinking wine, and so forth.

The forty-foot-wide hall widens to sixty feet at the south end, where a large circular pool is enclosed by a semicircular, one-foot-high veined marble wall. Carved into the wall above the pool is a gnome visage with water spilling from its wide grin. Four bright lights illuminate the hall from end to end, corner to corner. They flicker and dance like torchlight and drift aimlessly about the hall, changing altitude and direction on a whim. Two piles of rubble, one in the northwest corner and another in the southwest corner, add elements of imperfection to this grand hall.

Perception scores greater than 18....

Spoiler:

You are not convinced you are alone in the expanse of the hall!

Andoran

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy stands in a little awe of the grandeur of the place. He'd remembered being on military missions to rid the world of evil in bad temples and other places underground, but never had he seen such a delight. With his eyes enraptured by the place, he seems oblivious to anything else.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy I meant for you and Broccan to go ahead and use the perception scores you already had.......Otherwise we get endless rolls!

so go ahead and read the spoiler...


M Gnome Alchemist/ 6/ Init +0/ HP 54/54 // AC: 13/T:11/FF:13 - Percep: +13// F +6/R +5/W +4 /CMB +1 - CMD 11/ Speed 20/ Bombs 6/12

"So wonderful the Great Hall is still, mostly, intact"

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

"It sounds like the water still flows. There is no sweeter water to be had"


Male Human Fighter/7

Broccan glances about uneasily, adjusts his shield and tests his grip on his sword-hilt.

"I gotta bad feelin'...like some'n's watchin'us...gettin' ready t'pounce."

451 to 500 of 5,484 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.