Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

PF Shackled City SCAP

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Shackled City Adventure Path


1 to 50 of 5,786 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As the new group of adventurers regroup at the Feral Dog there seems to be little going on and few places to explore since the citadel by the sea unceremonieously fell into the sea.

One of the locals is saying that further inland he had been by the Lucky Monkey on his way into Cauldron and had heard several rumors and great commotions going on in the city proper.......


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

"Good riddance t' th' keep, Ah think. Ah was beginnin' t' think 't 'as cursed 'n we were all goin' t' pay fer messin' 'n 't. 'ere d'ye want t' be fer 'eadin' now, though?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"I hope tha rats all drowned in tha sea pinned undera rock."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Put question on discussion thread about Canvy.

The door to the Inn opens, a large man of about 7-foot walks in, broad shoulders and rusty chain armor. He smiles as he sees you, though you still find it hard to recognize him as the man Canvy with whom you entered the Citadel by the Sea. His voice has the same inflections, just deeper and darker in tone, he holds his hand up waving across the bar, and out booms "Well met, glad to see you two here already. I'm really not going back to that place, look how it changed me!!" Then he laughs with a deep rasping chuckle. Funnily, his eyes are still that same shade of blue they always were, though you could swear fighting the ouze they were a purple color, probably just a quirk of the light.

His large hand stretches forward to greet you, "Time for some foaming ale and take on the world eh!!!" His arms envelope you, as he pulls you both to him, in a hug of friendship and shared adventures.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Erine watches impassively. Goat has been silent for a while and remains that way.
When the hug is over, she says, "So, glad to see you're on your feet once more." She turns to Goat. "What spells do you think I need to prepare?" Goat shrugs.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The other two patrons keep on talking about the rumors in cauldron....

"The kidnappings have been goin on fer three months an those taken have been old and young an any race."

"Can not make no sense o it."

"It is no wonder tha I heard a reward of 2,500 gold tah get this fixed. With all those abductions I thought tah cash in on tha myself."

"Whaddaya mean?"

The man pats his greataxe and continues
"Four nights ago I was inna streets late at night watchin fer anyone suspicious, a cloaked figure collided with me and knocked me down, she screamed some curse at me and glared at me with her ghostly face and haunting blue eyes. She the took off just like that."

"So thats why we took off so early"

"I was rattled a bit, give me a bear inna wilderlands, not some ghost of a drowned drow elf!"


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan joins the group, having acquired a full tankard. When he sees the large stranger moving, talking, and dressed just like Canvy, he goes a bit pale and shudders.)

"Hey, Boy-o...Mast'r Edrukk...and...uh..mm...(he nods quickly to Canvy, not making eye contact). It seems th'keep wasn'ta tick'ta fame'n'fortune. So where d'we go fr'm ere?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Has anyone seen Tiana?"

"I hope she did not venture into the Citadel when it fell intah tha ocean!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Most of you recall at least hearing about the Lucky Monkey as being much larger than the Feral Dog and along the trade route to Cauldron...

The monkey even has a stage, baths, and luxery rooms.....

If Tiana does not show up we will try to recruit a bard or something at the Lucky Monkey...Still hoping she walks in the door!

The two travelers continue to talk about how much money 2,500 gold would be to anyone who was willing to claim the prize........


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)
KenderKin wrote:

Most of you recall at least hearing about the Lucky Monkey as being much larger than the Feral Dog and along the trade route to Cauldron...

The monkey even has a stage, baths, and luxery rooms.....

If Tiana does not show up we will try to recruit a bard or something at the Lucky Monkey...Still hoping she walks in the door!

The two travelers continue to talk about how much money 2,500 gold would be to anyone who was willing to claim the prize........

*Pointedly ignores* :P

"Two thousand gold coins..." Erine murmurs to Goat. "Perhaps we could try that? Putting troubled spirits to rest isn't too hard."


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan leans in and speaks in a whisper to the group)

"Twnet'five hundred'za fortune! We cou'live s'well as th'mine managers'round 'ere! Maybe we shou' go fer'it?"


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"I could buya club tha was not jus good per poundin intah tha ground!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

For Canvy the drink does not seem to effect him like it used to, he drinks the same amount of ale, but stands up and talks lucidly. When he hear's Broccan's words, he looks startled, "What are you talking about, is there really a way to make a fortune, come tell me how? We must do it, if we can?" His eyes begin to cloud and purple colour seems to take over from the blue.


Male Human Fighter/7

(Still not looking directly at Canvy.)

"Uhh...well'isz like they're sayin' o'er there. We can go t'the Luck'Monkey n' do wha'needs doin' n' claim th' reward."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Broccan ye told me o tha Lucky Monkey it is two days from here and then another two days on tah Cauldron."

"Ye said ye'd take me tah tha lucky Monkey when I was old enough."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The stranger with the axe

perception check
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Does not seem to notice the parties interest in the tale of Culdron he is discussing with his friend.....

To his friend
"Last I hears bout kidnappins was they are now takin kids straight from tha orphanage."

"What is that about"

"Human sacrafice I am thinkin."

"Who does tha?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy, his mind caught by this adventure and treasures to come, downs his drink in one, ale seeping round his mouth and falling down onto his tunic.. His eyes shine purple as he looks at the assembled group of friends, a huge smile shows his large pearl white canine teeth. "Come now, not a moment to waste, there's good money to be made, let's away to the Monkey's whatnot? If there's money out there we should be making it mi...ours." As an after thought he adds, "And maybe we'll rescue those kids to."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree comes in decked out in his new armor...leather armor with plates of fire-treated wood sewn over vital areas....

"I also bought an area map of Cauldron and around, thought it might help!"

"I am ready to get on the road to the Lucky Monkey!"

"Broccan I wanted to show you something...."

Sanstree pulls Broccan close and opens his backpack

Spoiler:

Inside a greensting scorpion the size of a house cat sits very still, small but fierce having claws and a stingered tail arching easily over its back.

"It is a familiar like goat."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Sanstree pulls out an area map and lays it across a table. You can see it is an excellent map and likely expensive to acquire....

Cauldron and surrounding area

Perception DC 10

Spoiler:

You notice that
The citadel and the feral dog are not on the map it only says to the sea.....

DC 20

Spoiler:

Not exact locations but a good over view of where to look for things


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan's eyes bug at the sight of the pack's contents.)

"Like goat? Y'mean y' talk to't? Wha' doesit say t' ye?"

Perception (for map): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"It jus elps me tah study magic like tha ale elps yah tah study fighten!"

"Tis a different path we are on even though we go tha same places..."

"I think he is very interestin as creatures go an more potable than a goat......"

Sanstree winks at Broccan

"Least it was not a dire rat tha answered my call, an I like tha green bein a druid, so tah me it all fits together."

"Whadaya think o tha map?"


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan scans the map)

"It dinna have Wolfstone or th' cita'dl on it, so where'r we then? I thought' map need'd t' have th' place ye start t'be useful."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree laughs and points to an area off the left side of the map.

"See here is tha Lucky Monkey an this road that leads to the coast goes to wolfstone and tha citadel."

"I got tha map fer where were tah be goin stead o where we have been!"

Sanstree suspects Broccan is giving him a hard time....

"Then you spend your money fer a map o yer own liken!"


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"Hmm, we'll be fer needin' t' get 'r bearings, fer sure. 'at's a fine map, I guess, but 'til we know if'n we're 'at way," he gestures to one side of the map, "'r 'at way," he gestures to the opposite side, "any trip we're takin' could be much longer 'an necessary."

"'course, if'n we know 'is 'bout 't' th' sea' is referrin' t' where we 'r now, we c'n make a pretty good stab at 't, Ah s'pose."

Edrukk will point out the items on the map that he (and Broccan) noticed, so the others should be able to read the DC 10 spoiler - and not have to decipher my attempt at a brogue.


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Canvy looks at the map, but cares only for moving on, with or without preparation.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Sanstree admires Canvies new toy, but quickly turning interest back to magic....

"Canvy do you feel any different?" "Could you feel the magic?"

"Maybe time tah be gettin on, if everyone has finished getting everything they need."

eyes Canvy's new pig-sticker

Spoiler:

recruitment thread up for skill monkey likely will be at the Lucky Monkey or Cauldron depending on things

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy, bored with all this map reading, leaves the group engrossed in looking at the contours, the key and features of the map. "I'll be back soon, just gonna see a man about a dog."

I little while later, he reappears, wearing what looks like a more substantial armor, this too looks like its been used before, but not cleaned properly, in fact if you looked closely blood and gore are discolored and attached to the armor. In his hand a polearm with a nasty looking hammer with spike, those trained would know it as a Bec de Corbin.

Queue....Canvy's new toys.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As you get on the dirt road headed toward the Lucky Monkey and points beyond, you note the road is about 10 feet wide just enough for carts to meet or in places pass each other.

To each side of the road grasslands and a few trees marks the first few hours of the trail, soon you pass away from the ocean breezes and the real humidity of the coming jungle is apparent....

Perception OR knowledge (nature)
DC 15

Spoiler:

In the open fields you note a troop of baboons

DC 20

Spoiler:

You count about 10 baboons

DC 25

Spoiler:

The baboons watch you with a bit more intensity than you would think they would


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

lol - at least he's consistent

The dwarf is obviously out of his element as the humidity increases, but the only sign he gives is the occasional adjustment of a strap or a drawn-out sigh as he looks ahead down the road.

Edrukk will take a rearguard position unless someone wants him somewhere else in the marching order.


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan takes the point; javelin in hand, and scanning the area for potential danger.)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Ey, Boy-o. Are th' big monkeys o'er there dangr'ous?"

(Broccan points with his javelin in the direction of the clearing.)

"Shou' we try to go 'round them'r jus' walk on by...'r we gonna need t'kill 'em?"


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Erine points ahead in the open fields. "Baboons!" she exclaims, with a mixture of excitement and uneasiness. "At least ten of them, too."
She looks irritated as Broccan speaks. "I saw them first," she snaps. "And we needn't kill them, they're just apes. Or monkeys, technically."


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Knowledge nature
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"These apes usually ignore people as they have other things tah attend to an is very rare fer normal apes tah attack people..."

"They are several 100 feet away an do not seem tah be comin any closer..."

"Probably bes tah be movin outta any place they think is theres, I do not want tah fightem fer that grassland!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy hearing the others looks in the general direction of the monkeys, squints a bit, "Com'n then, quick march past these flea ridden apes." The salty sweat on his brow drips into his eyes, as he uses his gauntlet to wipe his brow. He marches near the front of the group, by the side of Sanstree, resting his polearm on his shoulder, at last he feels like the soldier he once was. The smile on his face is the pride he has in 'finding himself' again, although he is still a little confused about the body. there's just something not quite right about it.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

After a few hours marching and the stinky apes hours away the trees thicken to each side of the road....

The limbs on the trees often encroach on the roadway with occassional sheets and vines hanging down over the road.

You hear many bird calls from the canapy above....

Close to midday you spot an area under a large tree with a clearing beneath it that might be a good place to have lunch......

Canvy seems to march and soldier on in such a way that he pulls ahead of Erine and Edrukk, it works out however keeping the party spread into units that can not all be caught in a single spell.....

Stopping for lunch sees normal to everyone

Spoiler:

I have a couple of choices for the skill monkey on the recruitment thread.....

Nothing happens the first day of travel and you expect to reach the Lucky Monkey either late tomorrow or the morning after.

There are a few areas just off the road that might be good for camping....


Male Human Fighter/7

(Broccan scouts the potential campsites for defensibility, while also collecting kindling for the evening fire.)

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy surveys the area Broccan has found to camp, "Good man Broccan, it looks defensible to me. Lets get this camp set out nicely now, not all together in a huddle spread a little bit. Yes we can have the fire here, yes lets get ourselves organised and ready." He strolls around, occasionally stopping for no apparent reason, gazing at some part of his anatomy, before continuing on. Almost as if he had done this often before and knew what he was doing.

Profession soldier1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 to set up a defensible encampment, organise defensive perimeter and a watch.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Good roll!

Spoiler:

On the far side of the tree away from the road you find a firepit that looks like it is used frequently and you also notice a defensible position thanks mostly to a several sharpened sticks pointed outward in a semicircluar position the only way into the ring is through the area where the firepit is......

Once Broccan points it out anyone can read the spoiler.....


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Canvy notes some of the sticks need to be replaced and quickly sets new ones into the perimeter, as well as securing the ones that are there!....

Canvy

Spoiler:

The area reminds you of Caltrops and would likely have a similar effect for any creature trying to come through that area....

You can explain to the party any way you like....

The area is large and the entire party can fit inside the camp.

A clap of thunder and a flash of lightning is the only warning anyone gets before a sudden rain beats on the tree canopy, turning trickles into raging torrents. Just as suddenly, the rain stops.

The rain had a cooling effect for a few minutes, but when it stops, the temperature rises again.

The extreme weather makes me think a
fortitude save is in order
DC 10 for everyone......


Male Human Fighter/7

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

(Broccan shows complete indifference to the temperature change and rainfall. He continues the process of setting up camp for the night.)

Endurance Feat, gotta love it!


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

Fort save
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

You notice that Sanstree after the hard days march looks a little green around the gills!


Female Gnome Witch 6 (Ward currently on Nobody, Hero Points: 1, Hit Points: 50/54)

Fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Goat's: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Erine doesn't seem affected by the heat, but Goat does, panting (do goats pant?)and rolling in the cooler dust.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

Canvy shouts to the party through the pelting rain, "See these areas here, here and there, walk through those areas and you're sure to need treatment for injuries, so keep out those areas. With luck, the areas will give us due warning of any intruders and keep out vermin especially rats." As he emphasises the word 'Rats' he looks around involuntarily, but on his face is puzzlement, "Why did I call out the rats, what are rats to me?" He continues after this momentary pause, "Enter through this way and you will be all right, everyone clear? Right let's get this camp set."

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The effort of organising the camp and not being used to wearing heavy armor has an effect, Canvy's sweat drips off him and he feels somewhat dehydrated, strange that after all that rain.


Male Human Druid 3 / Wizard (Foresight School) 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

"Strange that this camp is so well defended and hidden off the road. Seems like alot of trouble to go through for a camp this near to town."

Sucummbing to the heat Sanstree lies down and falls into a short slumber


Male Human Fighter/7

"Rest, friends, th' watch's mine tonight."

(Broccan will stay awake until the others are fully rested, or someone offers to relieve him.)


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Broccan

Spoiler:

As you watch you notice that those sleeping seem fitfull in slumber

Sleepers

Spoiler:

You dream of dark figures chasing you and red glowing eyes which grow closer until waking you suddenly and with a start....

Everyone wakes up at the same time...

...and the rain starts again

Broccan

Spoiler:

Everyone wakes suddenly at the same time it is near nightfall and the rain starts again...


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Edrukk will take a turn at the watch in the darkest part of the night and then return to sleep. Canvy, you up for the third watch?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human died / reincarnated Half Orc Cleric/5 Fighter/1 HP: 36/55 AC17/T10/FF17 Conditions:

"Yep, It'd be my pleasure to take a watch. Wake me up when its time. Can you help me out this armour, I could do with some real sleep before I go on watch."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The night passes uneventfully and leaving the shelter behind you are soon back on the road headed toward the Lucky Monkey.....

The whole next day is more of the same with the heat and the rains, you notice you are walking uphill slightly and can see the mountains in the distance, you know cauldron is there...

Finding a camp nearly as good as the first you spend another night on the road....

perception DC
20

Spoiler:

still spotting baboons on ocassion


Male Dwarven Warpriest 7; 77/77 hp; F7 R4 W8

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

1 to 50 of 5,786 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF Shackled City SCAP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.