Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] Wizards Wanted (Gameday 6)

Game Master Curaigh

A PFS Gameday gathering of wizardly types to share spells in the spirit of cooperation. Fallen Fortress


1 to 50 of 70 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Fallen Fortress ! Slides version

Outside Absalom, the mighty City a the Center of the World, lies the treacherous Cairnlands. Countless ruins of failed conquerors litter the plains outside the city's walls and many have longed to explore them.

Rumors say that one of the sealed siege castles has been laid open by a minor earthquake. Word on the street is that no one has yet entered the tower, which folks are calling the "Fallen Fortress." What better way to start a life of excitement and adventure than by exploring its long-abandoned, dusty halls and perhaps claiming its ancient treasures?

KN (local) DC 11:
The description of the place is enough to find its location. It is only a journey of a few hours from the city's walls to where the fallen Fortress lies open for exploration.

Diplomacy (gather info) DC 11:
The description of the place is enough to find its location. It is only a journey of a few hours from the city's walls to where the fallen Fortress lies open for exploration. DC 18?

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (w/Mage Armor, 16/12/14) | CMB:+1 CMD:13 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+2 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 7/day) (1d6 acid) | Dark Archive
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Where are we starting - in the city, or do we meet trying to break into the fortress?

Torgat purchases a potion of CLW and a scroll of mage armor in town, and tweaks his prepared spells.

The half-orc wears a shabby set of traveling clothes under a recently purchased, second-hand cloak, already marred by acid burns. The dark red cloak doesn't match his clothes, in which - though faded and worn - one can still see the deep greens, bright yellows, and rich browns of his homeland in the Mwangi Expanse. Clashing colors or not, the cloak has the virtue of being warm.

"I am Torgat Eaglecaller," he begins, his Taldane flavored with an accent reminiscent of central Garund. "I am - as I believe all of us are here - a student of the arcane arts. My particular interest and talent is in the art of creation and summoning, though of course I find much of interest in all forms of magic."

If there is anyone who doesn't make the Diplomacy check, Torgat will share it. If anyone gets the Knowledge local check, will you please do the same?

Liberty's Edge

Init +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +3 Defense AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)

The tall elven woman, with her hair and eyes of green and a quarterstaff and short bow at her side enters, spell components on her side pouches. I am Ylania Greenbriar and I am happy to be of what assistance I can be.

Liberty's Edge

Init +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +3 Defense AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)

She will purchase 2 scrolls of mage armor and 2 of color spray


Fallen Fortress ! Slides version
Torgat Eaglecaller wrote:


Where are we starting - in the city, or do we meet trying to break into the fortress?

The game assumes everyone has already met & are heading to the tower together. I backed it up a little bit, because I hate assumptions :) waiting on 2 players to make it official.

Grand Lodge

Female Elven Transmuter Wizard *Ench/Illuson* | HP: 6/6 | AC/FF/TCH: 17/14/13 | F/R/W: 0/3/2 Initiative +9, Perception +0, Spellcraft +11

phantom dot. Just got off work and headed home. Tweaking gear/spells, should be done in a hour or do


Just have to write spellbook and do gear.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (w/Mage Armor, 16/12/14) | CMB:+1 CMD:13 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+2 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 7/day) (1d6 acid) | Dark Archive
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

Bought one more scroll - shadow trap.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 9/9 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +2/+2/+2 l init +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Before day starts stuff: Using my Resistance Extraordinary ability, I will have Electricity resist 5 for this adventure, unless it takes multiple days. Additionally, I will buy a scroll with 4 iterations of Snowball for 100 GP.

My spells prepared are:
0-Detect Magic, read magic, acid splash
1-Mage Armor, Snowball, Protection from Evil x2

Your team is accompanied by a mild-mannered half-elven man, of Varisian decent. His only prominent identifying feature is the tattoos of runes on his face (some even Thassalonian). The tattoo looks incomplete, as if the man has a few more tattoo sessions left before the tattoo will be finished.

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Gather information: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

He tentatively speaks up: "Oh, h-hello. My-uh, my name is Zestel Cozma. I'm a-a bit of an abjuration wizard, I guess. I'm also a bit of a linguistic scholar, but I-I doubt we'll have any need for that. Honestly, I don't know why the society sent me to these ruins. I really don't know much about them other than where they are."

Grand Lodge

Female Elven Transmuter Wizard *Ench/Illuson* | HP: 6/6 | AC/FF/TCH: 17/14/13 | F/R/W: 0/3/2 Initiative +9, Perception +0, Spellcraft +11

An elvish woman with fiery red hair walks along. Her blue eyes sparkle in the midday sun. On her back is a leongbow and a quiver full of arrows. She has a dagger on her left hip, and a long sword on her right.

I wonder what awaits us at the newly discovered ruins? Perhaps an undiscovered library?

Should be all set :)


Fallen Fortress ! Slides version

The ruined siege castle now being called the Fallen Fortress rises out of the churned earth of the Cairnlands. No doors or windows mar the otherwise smooth expanse of the tower's walls. The tower is quatrefoil in plan; its eastern wing has largely collapsed, exposing the interior floors to the open air. Only the topmost level seems whole, though its eastern portion hangs precariously over the mountain of rubble left by the collapse. At ground level, the rubble frames a gaping hole in the side of the building that provides access to the tower's darkened interior.

I just realized I do not have an electronic copy of the map. I will try & scan it and add it to the link tomorrow. For now you get my hand drawn version. Follow the link in my Avatar or at the top of the page. "Absalom is to the east of this map, so I marked that as party starts here. Not that you have to stick to that of course.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 9/9 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +2/+2/+2 l init +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel speaks up. "Oh my, that looks dangerous. Are we going in now? If so, please allow me a moment to cast mage armor. It will last but an hour, but I feel like some protection will be nessissary."

Shortly before the party enters, Zestel will cast mage armor then ready his light crossbow, pre-loading a bolt.

Scarab Sages

DoT placeholder

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 1 | HP : 18/18 | AC/FF/T 11/11/10 | Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +1 | Init +0 | Rage 11/11

The hefty, rude dwarf wearing a stained quilted cloth totes 4 gallon containers artfully tied on his back. He has a stein sloshing with a clearly alcoholic substance in his hands and a longsword sheathed at his side. He has the bearing of being several drinks in, even as he consumes more.

1 drunken rage point

"Aye! Tha' be lookin' like uh righ' great time! Thuh society be sendin' me tuh look after yur scrawny hides! *small belch* Wat're we waitin' fur?!"

Liberty's Edge

Init +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +3 Defense AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)

Looking up at the structure she simply gives a nod.

Grand Lodge

Female Elven Transmuter Wizard *Ench/Illuson* | HP: 6/6 | AC/FF/TCH: 17/14/13 | F/R/W: 0/3/2 Initiative +9, Perception +0, Spellcraft +11

Before reaching the towering structure, Voarima unfurls a scroll and casts mage armor on herself. She gives the tiny green-hue scorpion on her shoulder a pat as it scurries down her shoulder and into a small little pouch.

She readies an arrow as they approach, eyes systematically scanning the surrounding area. Who knows what vultures, literal or otherwise may be lurking about.

per: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Init +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +3 Defense AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)

The elf will take a scroll of mage armor out and read it.


Fallen Fortress ! Slides version

The tower stands 80 feet tall and has remarkably smooth exterior walls. As the party approaches the rubble pile that used to be much of the tower's east side, a growling can be heard. Three wild dogs step out of the rubble and begin slavering hungrily at the party of fresh meat. The dogs begin to circle the herd, picking out the weakest member.

Roll initiative!
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
If you beat an 18 please also post an action. I will assume mage armor and other long buffs are already in effect, cast when Ylania & Voarima did. Target is TBD.

dog R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15, snap: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
dog B: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, snap: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
dog G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19, snap: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

EDIT: Everyone should post an action for Round 1. The dogs have attacked & I will work out the logisitcs of it after everyone has posted.

Scarab Sages

Human Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC:12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) T:11 FF:10 | CMB:-1 CMD:10 | Saves F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init:+1 | Per:+0 | Darkvision 60ft

You are also accompanied by a mustachioed Keleshite man with an elegant turban around his head. Wrapped around his waist are several paintbrushes and quills, as are several papers, most of which are not magical. His drooping sleeves give off a whimsical display every time he hoists them up to reveal his hairy forearms.

"I am Gaderffi, scribe and practitioner of the arcane arts."

Zestel said wrote:
"Oh my, that looks dangerous. Are we going in now? If so, please allow me a moment to cast mage armor. It will last but an hour, but I feel like some protection will be nessissary."

"Come now my dear Zestel, there is naught to fear! Our burly dwarven friend will take very good care of us, of that I have no doubt!"

Casting Mage Armor from a scroll he bought in town. 4 castings of Mage Armor on scroll = 100gp.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Grand Lodge

Female Elven Transmuter Wizard *Ench/Illuson* | HP: 6/6 | AC/FF/TCH: 17/14/13 | F/R/W: 0/3/2 Initiative +9, Perception +0, Spellcraft +11

init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Voarima looks on as the mangy dogs look at her and the others as tasty food. She lowers her readied arrow and fires it towards the dog with matted red fur.

arrow vs red, flat footed since I go before it?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
if miss, hi retrieves: 1d100 ⇒ 71

Scarab Sages

Human Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC:12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) T:11 FF:10 | CMB:-1 CMD:10 | Saves F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init:+1 | Per:+0 | Darkvision 60ft

"Come my friends, we are beset by beasts most foul."

With a flourish, Gaderffi retrieves a quill from his waist, and with a few quick strokes, sketches out a magic rune in the air before him. A moment late, the rune coalesces into two missiles of magic that fly forth and slam into the blue hued dog.

Fluff just to say he cast Magic Missile against the blue boxed dog. Caster level is 3 (Spell Specialization), so two missiles.

1st Missile: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
2nd Missile: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (w/Mage Armor, 16/12/14) | CMB:+1 CMD:13 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+2 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 7/day) (1d6 acid) | Dark Archive
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

Sure, cast mage armor to start when everyone else did.

"Wild dogs? Of course, I can't imagine a more embarrassing way for a group of wizards to go."

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 1 | HP : 18/18 | AC/FF/T 11/11/10 | Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +1 | Init +0 | Rage 11/11

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 6

".....*BELCH*......"

"Stan' be'ind meh skrawnies! Thes doggoes'll feel me wrath!" With that Drogun grabs at his longsword with his hand not holding the mug. He pulls a little hard and the scabbard comes off the belt with the sword.

" $%^&' hells! Come off it!" He then gingerly grabs the pommel with his mug hand and holds the scabbard with the other. Tilting and slightly pulling, the longsword comes out but Drogun can't hold on and the sword falls to the ground. Dragon then begins to shout obscenities at the dogs and blames them for the occurrences. All the while spilling no drink.

"Come at meh!"

Mechanically: move action draw weapon, swift action detach scabbard, free action drop weapon (longsword), free action begin rage (using drunken rage point), standard action ready to attack any dogs that come within reach with the scabbard

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 9/9 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +2/+2/+2 l init +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"I-what the? why. . . Dogs?" Zestel is clearly flustered.

If unmolested I will fire my crossbow at any dog I have line of sight with (and preferably isn't in melee). I will move back and into firing position to get a clear shot if nessisary. If attacked I'll five foot step back and do so to the nearest dog attacking me.

light crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 13  T 13  FF 10 W/Mage Armour: 17/13/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +3 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Gear is finalised on paper. Will put it through the next time I come on.

As you are about to leave a elven man comes running up. He is dressed in a classic explorers outfit.
"Am I too late to join this gathering of wizards and other arcane practitioners?" When nobody signs the affirmative "Good, good. I am new to the pathfinders in general. What should I expect on this mission?"

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Far staggers a bit when he sees opposition so early. what...what are they doing here?

If he is unattacked he will attack the the closest dog within line of sight (preferably that isn't in melee) with a acid dart.

Fluff
Far pulls a small pen out of his pocket and simultaneously writes on the air and chants uvelucal hatob. The writing wraps around itself, swirling in the air until it forms into a small dart of acid. At it's summoners direction it flies toward a dog.

Acid Dart (Ranged Touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (w/Mage Armor, 16/12/14) | CMB:+1 CMD:13 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+2 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 7/day) (1d6 acid) | Dark Archive
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

Apologies - I was wiped out last night and missed that I was supposed to post an action even with the low initiative roll.

Not expecting the sudden threat, Torgat is slow to react. When he realizes that their dwarven ally is unlikely to be able to hold onto a weapon long enough to eliminate the feral canines single-handed, he pulls his club from his belt and aims it at the nearest animal (assuming he can avoid an attack of opportunity) and concentrates for a moment. A sphere of slightly greenish liquid, giving off an acrid odor, appears just beyond the tip of the club and shapes itself into a spike, then speeds towards its target.

Acid dart (ranged touch): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d6 ⇒ 6

If threatened:
If Torgat is threatened by any of the dogs by the time it is his turn, he will not risk an AoO by using Acid Dart - instead, he will pull out his club and fight defensively (increasing his AC with Mage Armor from 16 to 18).

Club: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 4 = 11d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Fallen Fortress ! Slides version

Before the creatures can even enter the rubble three bolts end their charge. Voarami's crossbow buries the bolt up to its fletchings in the red fur. A magical rune darts out from Gaderffi and the second dog drops so he directs the second bolt at the dog with an unhealthy green mange. The dog yelps and heads out into the cairnlands at a full run. It disappears into the rubble.

Round 1
Voarima (21): shoots dog
Gaderffi (19): shoots two dogs
Dogs (18): dies, dies, flees.
Far Arminas (15):
Torgat (12):
Zestal (9):
Drogun (6):

Combat is over.

The south door is nothing but rubble the north door has less rubble and might be entered. The rubble also leads up to the second floor. With its east wall gone, the room there is open to the air.

Scarab Sages

Human Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC:12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) T:11 FF:10 | CMB:-1 CMD:10 | Saves F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init:+1 | Per:+0 | Darkvision 60ft

"Aha! No match for the combined might of our magical abilities!"

He goes up to one of the dogs and nudges it with his foot. Satisfied that it was truly taken care of, he steps back and looks at the possible avenues before them.

"We can go above or take one of these doors. What say you, my friends?"

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 9/9 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +2/+2/+2 l init +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel looks hesitantly around
"I mean, I guess we could vote? I've always heard it's best to clear bottom to top, or top to bottom for dungeons, but honestly that's just some r-rumor I've heard around the lodge. Though maybe there are stairs inside? I don't fancy being able to climb up that escarpment too well."

Zestel keeps his crossbow at the ready in case more animals appear.

Grand Lodge

Female Elven Transmuter Wizard *Ench/Illuson* | HP: 6/6 | AC/FF/TCH: 17/14/13 | F/R/W: 0/3/2 Initiative +9, Perception +0, Spellcraft +11

I’m not good at climbing. I suggest we try the doors. Maybe there’s stairs we can use.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 1 | HP : 18/18 | AC/FF/T 11/11/10 | Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +1 | Init +0 | Rage 11/11

.....*belch*.....

*stagger in place*

*drink from stein/mug*

1 drunken point

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 13  T 13  FF 10 W/Mage Armour: 17/13/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +3 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

We should take the doors. That way we don’t gave to climb.”

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 1 | HP : 18/18 | AC/FF/T 11/11/10 | Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +1 | Init +0 | Rage 11/11

"Alright! Le's go!" Drogun says loudly as he shoves the swordless sheathe back onto his belt. He then begins walking to the doors to open them.

and does unless someone has any objections

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (w/Mage Armor, 16/12/14) | CMB:+1 CMD:13 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+2 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 7/day) (1d6 acid) | Dark Archive
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

"As amusing as it would be for anyone watching if the group of us to try climb up this mound of rubble, I'd rather not break my neck to give our imaginary audience a laugh. It may be the conventional choice, but I agree we should go in through the door."

Torgat follows behind Dorgun, but not too closely. He calls to the dwarf when he notices his scabbard is empty.

"Don't you want your sword?"

Scarab Sages

Human Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC:12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) T:11 FF:10 | CMB:-1 CMD:10 | Saves F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init:+1 | Per:+0 | Darkvision 60ft

"Good, good! We are in agreement then, yes?"

While following the group, Gaderffi will, from time to time, sketch out some of the layout of the tower on a spare scrap of parchment, often embellishing it with bits of elegant scripture.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 9/9 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +2/+2/+2 l init +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel will fall in with the rest of the party, and will keep up unless otherwise stated. He will also pick up Drogun's sword and try to slip it back into the Dwarf's sheathe while we are moving.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 1 | HP : 18/18 | AC/FF/T 11/11/10 | Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +1 | Init +0 | Rage 11/11

Dragon looks back at Torgat as if he's about to say something condescending and then glances at his scabbard. Immediately he closes his mouth and silently waivers over to Zestel. "...Thank you *hic* for gettin' me sord." After sheathing his sword, Drogun walks back to the door he was at previously and opens it.


Fallen Fortress ! Slides version

The northern wing of the tower seems to have escaped the worst effects of the collapse, but rubble still litters the floor and everything is covered in a thick layer of stone dust. Thick cobwebs cloak the ceiling and hang down the walls like gossamer tapestries. A single archway stands open in the southwest wall.

As Drogun leads the party in he seems to drunkenly stumble into some of the sticky webs.

point of clarification: no doors as of yet, only archways.

Perception (DC 21):
A giant arachnid lurks in the web near the ceiling. It is the reason Drogun seems to have been caught in the webs. KN (nature), can give you more info. Also, roll initiative! 1d20 ⇒ 20

Grand Lodge

Female Elven Transmuter Wizard *Ench/Illuson* | HP: 6/6 | AC/FF/TCH: 17/14/13 | F/R/W: 0/3/2 Initiative +9, Perception +0, Spellcraft +11

per, init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 9/9 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +2/+2/+2 l init +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

I'll forgo the perception check as I cannot possibly pass it.

Liberty's Edge

Init +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +3 Defense AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)

She will aid Voarima in the perception check
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 1 | HP : 18/18 | AC/FF/T 11/11/10 | Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +1 | Init +0 | Rage 11/11

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge

Init +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +3 Defense AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)

Int 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (w/Mage Armor, 16/12/14) | CMB:+1 CMD:13 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+2 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 7/day) (1d6 acid) | Dark Archive
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Not sure what I'm rolling initiative against, but here goes:

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Torgat sees others reacting to something and readying themselves against some threat he cannot see. Without knowing what the menace is, he grips his club in one hand and strains to be prepared for whatever comes.

"What is it? What's coming?"

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 13  T 13  FF 10 W/Mage Armour: 17/13/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +3 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Perception & Initiative & Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
in order

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 9/9 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +2/+2/+2 l init +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel notices everyone tensing up

"Uhhh, what's going on?"

If initiative is called for Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

Female Elven Transmuter Wizard *Ench/Illuson* | HP: 6/6 | AC/FF/TCH: 17/14/13 | F/R/W: 0/3/2 Initiative +9, Perception +0, Spellcraft +11

Voarima, readies a spell should whatever is making very faint noise shows itself.

readies acid dart: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 101d3 ⇒ 3


Fallen Fortress ! Slides version

Voarima sees the spindly legs through the webbing and looses a dart of green at the creature. The green dart cuts through the webbing to impact on large black scales of the creature's bulbous body. An arachnid the size of the dwarf, appears 15 feet up, hanging from eight spindly legs.

Undeterred the scaleblack lobs a sticky paste at the barbarian catching the dwarf's arms in place and tangling him in place.

Party (minus Drogun) is up!

Surprise Round
Voarima (21): acid dart at scaleback
Scaleback (8): entangles Drogun

R1
Zestel (22): <--here now
Voarima (21): <--here now
Torgat (17): <--here now
Ylania (15): <--here now
Arminas (9): <--here now
scaleback: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 (8):
Drogun (2): entangled

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 9/9 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +2/+2/+2 l init +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

"Holy Soralyon what is that?!"

Zestel nearly trips over himself in surprise, accidentally firing off his crossbow in the process. He hastily begins to load another bolt.

Fire and reload

Attack roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
confirmation roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

damage: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 7) = 15

8 damage if 18 does not confirm, 15 if it does


Missed me in your initiative.

1 to 50 of 70 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Wizards Wanted (Gameday 6) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.