Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

PFS - Thod GMs the Goblinblood Dead (Inactive)

Game Master Thod


501 to 527 of 527 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

The leader of the caravan approaches you.

"We have a schedule and need to move on. You have two options - stay here with your friend - or we offer him a place on the wagon and you come with us.
But it will take a few days until we reach the first large settlement."

Grand Lodge

Priscilla:

If you do healing - could you roll me multiple ones in a spoiler please. This will need more than one and I don't want to wait for you but rather keep this moving quickly.

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"I can walk...I'll keep up. I'll be earnin' my keep thank yeh kindly."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 2/Rogue 1 HP 18/18 | AC: 20 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10 | F: +4 / R: +6 /W: +7 | CMB -1 | CMD +12 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Heal rolls:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18,1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12,1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18,1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Grand Lodge

The caravan breaks up early in the morning. It takes a while to disable all the traps - but at 8 am you are on your way.

Toren feels thirsty throughout the morning - but he seems to be able to keep up. You cross a few patches of running water and are able to refill your water bottles.

You stop for lunch and it is the first time that the condition catches up with Toren.

-2 HP non lethal

You carry on after lunch - but Toren quickly discovers that even dwarven toughness seems unable to shake off his condition.

You are half an hour on your way when Toren needs a short rest.

-6 HP non lethal. (for -9 total)

Priscilla casts a Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 to ease his suffering.

Grand Lodge

It is 1 pm - you are 4 1/2 hours on your way with some more travel in the day.
Priscilla - sorry - my fault - when I asked for healing rolls I was meaning channel and CLW.

Toren:

Toren - you feel it gets harder to fight the affliction.

Andoran

Human/Inquisitor 9 | HP: 93/93 | AC: 21/13/19 | CMD: 24 | F: +10 R: +8 W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16 | SM: +20

Sheesh...this is one ridiculous haunt. I'd happily chip in some gold to have this professionally removed once we're back in town.

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"Huff...puff...sorry...all...I jes...can't seem...to shake this."

Toren nods appreciatively at Priscilla's ministrations, "Lass, yer a damn fine care giver. Whew...that was what I needed but I still ain't right."

As the caravan begins to get moving again he looks at the wagon, "Maybe I should take that ride...pride be damned. I'm slowin' us down and that's jes dangerous."

Can I attempt a Heal check on myself...granted it's only 1 rank but maybe could help? Also, do I need some more fort checks?

Grand Lodge


Toren
I took the liberty to roll fortitude checks.
Edit : and yes - do a heal check. Add +5 as you are affected and can better figure out what is happening to yourself.
Gregor
Let's see how it develops. There are different solutions ...

Sczarni

Male Human [Varisian] Definitely-Not-A-Sczarni-Hitman 6

Markus looked on confusion as the dwarf's condition. What was wrong with him?

"Take off the armor. You're not going to be fighting in your condition anyway."

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Tha's not a bad idea Markus. I'm...sorry...everyone. I ain't used to be bein' a burden an' I shouldn't be."

Toren struggles out of his miscellaneous gear, and painstakingly unbuckles his studded leather. Each item is thrown down onto his shield, and he runs the polearm through the back straps to "lock" it into place.

"Yer right, this is better. I better keep tha scarf on though."

Sczarni

Male Human [Varisian] Definitely-Not-A-Sczarni-Hitman 6

Markus shrugs and helps the dwarf out of his gear.

"Better now than in the middle of a struggle. We'll be back in the city soon enough. The Society will send someone to take a look at you, I'm sure of it."

Grand Lodge

Toren isn't sure if it is the time on the carriage or if the damage comes in waves. He seems to get slowly weaker - but at least he seems not to waste as quickly as after lunch.

But it seems the urge to drink is now so strong that he can't fight it without magic anymore.

HP lost during the 4 hour journey (all non-lethal)

2 + 1 + 3 + 2 for a total of 8 HP non lethal

The caravan lead stops to prepare for the night.

It is now 5:30 pm

Toren down 8 HP non lethal

Toren:

This seems a magic affliction that you must have suffered when in the room with the cells.
It seems that you slowly dry out. Your body seems to have resigned and seems not strong enough to prevent any damage. But at least the damage suffered seems not to increase.
It would be deadly if this would happen - or if you run out of magical healing before you can get rid of the affliction.

Grand Lodge

Priscilla uses one of her channeling powers of the day to ease the long journey of everyone - but especially to keep Toren up.

1d6 ⇒ 6

(5 channel and 1 CLW left until next morning)

Desna seems strong - and Toren feels well for a moment again. But he knows it won't last long. (back to full health).

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"Thank'ee again Priscilla. Without you and yer goddess, I'd surely be some wolf's rations by now. I'm starting to wonder if this jes' ain't natural. Ever since I stepped into that room with the cells, this feelin' of bein' dried out and never slakin' me thirst has been present. There musta been some kind o' magic I fell prey to in there."

Heal check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Toren looks around at the group, "Maybe I was cursed or summin like tha'."

Andoran

Human/Inquisitor 9 | HP: 93/93 | AC: 21/13/19 | CMD: 24 | F: +10 R: +8 W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16 | SM: +20

"Priscilla...maybe you can ask Desna for some help on Toren's behalf once again before you go to sleep,"

Gregor fills as many buckets as he can with cold water and fills a cup for the weakened Toren every few minutes...fetching more water as the buckets run dry.

You will not die my friend. Not like this,

Gregor grabs Tessa from Toren's pile of gear and props the shield against him while he sleeps. Maybe he imagined it, but Gregor swears that Toren began resting easier after that.

Grand Lodge

It takes Toren a long while to get to rest. His tongue is parched despite the water and he isn't sure if he imagines it or if it gets worth.

He loses another 3 + 4 + 5 HP before he finally manages to get some sleep.

Pricilla casts her last CLW before she tries to get some rest herself.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Toren:

Your sleep is restless. You dream again about the hole. You try to escape - but you can't. And slowly you realise that this is the place you die as no fighting can save you from the lack of water.
You get weaker and lose all hope. Slowly everything gets darker until you realise that someone dies - and suddenly there is nothing. 

Whoever watches over Toren:

Toren seems to be plagued by nightmares. You can see that they take their toll. His skin is dry and all the water se not to help.
Midnight approaches and you notice a change. His breath suddenly is more even. He seems no longer to struggle. His skin seems no longer completely dry.
He seems weak and exhausted - but now it seems just a sleep of exhaustion and no longer a matter of life and death.

Toren:

You wake up early next morning. You still feel slightly weak (- 8 HP non lethal) as the hours since your nightmares stopped haven't been enough to completely bring you back to your full self. But you are sure by later in the day you will be your full self again.
And you realise that someone died in that hole - someone who reached out to you when you where in the room with the cells.
But that someone wasn't you and you seem to have thrown off his influence on you.

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"Gregor...Priscilla...all of yeh. Thank yah'll so much fer watchin' over me. I feel...better. I'm still pretty weak right now, but I think I'll be gettin' better. I owe all o' yeh. Drink and food're on me when we get to town." He takes a deep breath, "I dreamed about this hole I was in, an' I couldn't get out no matter my fightin'. I finally realized I was gonna die. And it happened. It kinda looked like that hole in them cells we saw. I think...I was possessed...or cursed...or somethin' from who died in there. I think maybe...they're gone from me for good now."

He gets down off the cart, takes his time to find Tessa, realizing it was propped against him in the caravan. He sees the bucket of cold water near him and the cup in Gregor's hand. He smiles and shakes his head. "Next time I get back to my gemfindin'...yer all gettin' something. Cut and polished."

He looks at Chelsea and grins, "I reckon that means two fer you young fiery lass!"

Andoran

Human/Inquisitor 9 | HP: 93/93 | AC: 21/13/19 | CMD: 24 | F: +10 R: +8 W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16 | SM: +20

"Looks like the spring is coming back to your step. I can't thank you enough for not dying." Gregor smirks at his own jest.

Sczarni

Male Human [Varisian] Definitely-Not-A-Sczarni-Hitman 6

Markus grunts, "He was never going to die. Dwarves have gravel in their blood. A little thirst was no danger to him."

Sczarni

Male Human [Varisian] Definitely-Not-A-Sczarni-Hitman 6

Once back in Absalom, Markus and Grigo hit the streets with their performance (secretly staking out a target for Uncle Gauril).

Profession Organgrinder: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Nice.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 2/Rogue 1 HP 18/18 | AC: 20 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10 | F: +4 / R: +6 /W: +7 | CMB -1 | CMD +12 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla thanks Desna profusely for aiding Torren through this difficult journey. She is still curious as to the source of the strange ailment. She is also worried that she has found no clues during her mission that may aid the Lodge.

Profession Merchant 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"Let's see, I gotta a pile o' rough cuts and a file. Let's polish these up a bit!"

Craft Gemcutting 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Grand Lodge

Priscilla Daystar wrote:

Priscilla thanks Desna profusely for aiding Torren through this difficult journey. She is still curious as to the source of the strange ailment. She is also worried that she has found no clues during her mission that may aid the Lodge.

Profession Merchant 1d20+7

Jandri approaches you before you finally leave the caravan

We found this shortly after you left to destroy the Hobgoblin hide-out. It seems a courier got mauled by the undead and died close to our camp. You might want to take it with you to Absalom.

With these words he hands over a badge and a scroll tube.

Priscilla:

The badge is an Aspis Badge. And the scroll tube are documents stolen from the Grand Lodge.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 2/Rogue 1 HP 18/18 | AC: 20 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +10 | F: +4 / R: +6 /W: +7 | CMB -1 | CMD +12 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla thanks the goddess for another streak of luck and tucks away the content. she casts comprehend languages at a later stage to confirm content.

Cheliax

Primal Fire Sorceress 5 (HP 37/37) | AC 13 (16 MA) Touch 12 FF 11 | Saves F +5 R +4 W +5

Chelsea makes arrangements to send the locket back to Zarta at the nearest courier.

501 to 527 of 527 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS - Thod GMs the Goblinblood Dead All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.