Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PFS - Thod GMs the Goblinblood Dead (Inactive)

Game Master Thod


1 to 50 of 527 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Talhaearn, Toren "Stand" Still, Markus 'Earthquake' Kalepo, Artemis Del'Sol and Chanix spend a long journey back to Absalom.

Your mission at the Cyphergate has bonded you together. You learned about the other Pathfinders and to trust them with your life. So your fist question in your mind when Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng’s appears in the middle of the night, is, whom of your former comrades will go with you if you are send again on a long mission.

Or who is new and might replace him or her.

It suprises you that Dreng isn't alone. He has an unfamiliar accomplice, a burly man dressed in full Isgeri military trappings. “Pardon the intrusion,” Drandle says as he juggles the numerous scrolls and writing materials precariously balanced in his arms, “but I have a request that is of utmost importance to ask of all you. I’m afraid we have something of a situation on our hands.
“It is perhaps well known among the Pathfinder Society that trade is vital to our organization. Not for any monetary gain, of course, but because we rely heavily on overland caravan routes and trading lanes at sea to get important documents, treasures, and personnel from central Avistan to the Inner Sea. When such materials are of particular import, we have even been known to use more illicit modes of transportation, such as caravans operated by the Sczarni organized crime syndicate.
“It appears that a number of such Sczarni caravans, carrying important cargo for delivery to the Pathfinder Society, have recently begun to go missing along their more discreet trade routes from Cheliax to Druma, a little-known path that runs through the Chitterwood in Isger. Of course, the route along the Conerica River would be viable for more legitimate operations, but oftentimes we can’t afford to be forestalled with matters such as customs, tariffs, and inspectors, especially when such hindrances could also potentially result in the arrest of our business partners. Alas, I digress.
“I have agreed to work with the local Sczarni leader, Guaril Karela, in order to reclaim the caravan route through Isger’s Chitterwood. That’s where you come in. I have made all the arrangements necessary to ship you to Isger in the morning, where you’ll meet the caravan you are tasked with escorting through the goblinoid-infested woods. In the meantime, I have summoned the honored Isgeri war hero Gaspar Desime to help answer any questions you might have about your upcoming visit to the Chitterwood. Guaril Karela is also available and can answer any questions you have about the caravan you’ll be guarding, though I believe he is currently stationed at his shop in the Docks district.”


Dot. (Artemis)

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Sleeping soundly, as he was wont to do when no other opportunities presented themselves, Toren snores loudly waking himself up and notices the two standing almost on top of him. Toren looks around at his companions, then back at the scroll juggling Venture-Captain and burly Isgeri.

"Aye trade be the lifeblood o' more than a city or organization. What sortah caravan will we be a'protectin'? What kinds o' creatures can we expect aside from them smelly gobs?"

Grand Lodge

The imposing figure of Gaspar answers you:

"“You will probably face nothing more than bandits, probably relying on the harrowing stories surrounding the Chitterwood to deceive and waylay travelers. Do not be surprised, though, if you encounter a hobgoblin or bugbear. I hear the city of Logas can still maintain a steady supply of fresh goblin heads for the pikes surrounding their walls, so there are apparently plenty of goblinoids to still be found.”

Sczarni

Male Human [Varisian] Definitely-Not-A-Sczarni-Hitman 6

At the mention of Guaril and the Sczarni, Markus does his best to hide his growing interest.

"We can handle goblins and their kind, but I have a task to see to before we depart. I can meet you at the Pickled Imp, no?"

Grand Lodge

I will add faction missions as soon as I know who is playing which character / faction.

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

dot

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Talhaearn looks around the room at some familiar faces. Either the powers that be feel that this group has the makings of a good team, or they believe that we're the only ones foolish enough to set out on such a task.

As Tal begins to ask a question the door flies open and a gruff, unpleasant man enters. He whisper something to Dreng, who points you out. The stranger hands Tal a sealed parchment and offers what might pass for a smile. "You're needed elsewhere." he states matter of factly before refocusing his attention on Dreng.

Tal finishes reading his new orders and gathers his belongings, wishing his former companions the best of luck before offering Dreng a nod of deference and leaving the room.

Andoran

Human/Inquisitor 10 | HP: 103 | AC: 22/14/20 | CMD: 26 | F: +11 R: +8 W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +19 | SM: +24

Gregor watches the Half-Elf leave and sizes up his new companions; the silence in the room quickly becomes deafening. "By all means...continue. I'm sure I'll catch on soon enough."

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix watches Tal depart; apparently reassigned. Hopefully, glory and treasure await him in the near future.

6 Chanix thinks to himself as he looks down at his collection of knives. Just above the sprawl of daggers lies a shiny newly crafted rapier. This one much finer than his previous tool. He gathers up his weapons sliding them into the appropriate sheaths all over his body while the newcomers state the case of the next mission.

Goblins?! That sounds fun.

Taldor

Male Human Bard 3 HP(24/24)

Artemis sits at the back of the room, writing down everything he can recollect about their previous adventure. Just as they arrive at the chamber, but before Dreng appears, as non-descript messenger hands Artemis a folded piece of parchment, and heads on his way. Artemis thoughtfully opens the message, to find the words "TALDOR REQUIRES YOU!" scrawled in big enough letters that it can be read across the room on the page. He then stands and states.

"I apparently have urgent business elsewhere. I will make sure many hear of our heroic deeds we undertook in Riddleport, and hope to cross paths with you all in the future. Good luck on your latest endeavors."

He then makes his way out into the night.

Cheliax

Primal Fire Sorceress 5 (HP 31/37) | AC 13 (16 MA) Touch 12 FF 11 | Saves F +5 R +4 W +5

Chelsea is tall thin woman. Her hair is shoulder length and is stark white, with crimson red tips. She wears a mainly violet robe, with red and white flame motifs at the cuffs.

Chelsea pushes herself off the wall she was leaning on and addresses Dreng.
"So you wish us to ward off some goblins in an infested wood. Why not take the easy way and torch it. That's the best way to get rid of an infestation."

Grand Lodge

Just checking:
Toren - reported to duty
Chelsea - replaced Artemis
Gregor - replaced Tal
Chanix - reported to duty
Markus - reported to duty

I will just check Priscilla's e-mail and send her a message. It is easy to miss a new start - I've been guilty of that myself in the past.

Cheliax

Primal Fire Sorceress 5 (HP 31/37) | AC 13 (16 MA) Touch 12 FF 11 | Saves F +5 R +4 W +5

Correct from what I can see.

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Toren sniffles quietly and tries to inconspicuously wipe a tear away as Artemis and Tal leave...
Sleight of Hand wipe tear away inconspicuously 1d20 ⇒ 1
...failing miserably at going unnoticed, and actually poking himself in the eye. "OW! I'll miss ya Arty. And you Tal. May yer travels bring yeh riches untold." Another sniffle and a wipe with his sleeve, Toren looks at the newcomers.
"Sorry to give such a sappy first impression. Name's Toren. What's yers Mr. Funny Armor?" Toren's beard parts with a big smile and slightly stained teeth, "An' you there Ms. Torchy britches...what can we call yeh?"

Andoran

Human/Inquisitor 10 | HP: 103 | AC: 22/14/20 | CMD: 26 | F: +11 R: +8 W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +19 | SM: +24

I'm called Gregor...and I hope I'm Mr. Funny Armor as opposed to Ms. Torchy Britches. Either way my armor suits me well...I can move a little easier in this than your typical breastplate.

Cheliax

Primal Fire Sorceress 5 (HP 31/37) | AC 13 (16 MA) Touch 12 FF 11 | Saves F +5 R +4 W +5

"Chelsea."
Chelsea fixes her fiery gaze on the dwarf for a moment, the looks back to the front of the room awaiting a response.

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"Hooo, yer a fiery and intimidatin' lass, thas fer sure. I think I'll stand closer to Gregor and Chanix till yeh can warm up to me...heh." The dwarf sidles away from Chelsea, closer to the two he mentioned. He has an obviously cowed look on his face. "Nice ter meetcha Greggy. Greggy ok?"

He looks back at Chelsea, "I may be outta line speakin', but I do believe they'll be wantin' those woods more or less intact for trade reasons or for the innocent creatures what live there. Damned expedient idea though!"

Looking up to the burly Isgerian, "Gaspar, what kinds o' protection have these missin' caravans enjoyed in the past? Not enough to waylay the errant bandit or two?"

Sczarni

Male Human [Varisian] Definitely-Not-A-Sczarni-Hitman 6

Markus nods a greeting to the newcomers.

Grigo chatters and dances in front of them, offering a paw.

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix takes note of both the newcomers. A smile turns one corner of his mouth as Toren goes through his usual ice breaking.

As Gregor approaches and Chelsea starts to simmer, Chanix offers, "His defense is surpassed by few but apparently a sharp wit is enough this day. Welcome aboard."

Andoran

Human/Inquisitor 10 | HP: 103 | AC: 22/14/20 | CMD: 26 | F: +11 R: +8 W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +19 | SM: +24
Toren "Stand" Still wrote:
"Nice ter meetcha Greggy. Greggy ok?"

"Not if you expect me to answer. Regardless...well met."

Grand Lodge

"You will have to ask Guaril for the details about the caravans. He seems pretty tight lipped about that topic."

Cheliax

Primal Fire Sorceress 5 (HP 31/37) | AC 13 (16 MA) Touch 12 FF 11 | Saves F +5 R +4 W +5

Chelsea gives Chanix a slight nod of acknowledgement and sizes up the rest of the group as they introduce themselves.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

"Hello again, yes, give me a moment to consider your request. It may depend on the team you have elected to hire" I am interested but I may be limited to a late post a day for the next 6 days, followed by regular posts after that.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

After some precious time with her family is Absalom, Priscilla gets itchy feet again, and heads out to meet her friends.

Priscilla is always grateful to the Pathfinder Society and is keen learn more about its trade, caravan routes and trading lanes… But to rely on the Sczarni organized crime syndicate does not seem right, but how much of the Pathfinder dealings have felt entirely right… so much underhanded work… Desna help me be strong and not loose faith.

”Guarding a caravan is legitimate work, and it so so so sounds exciting, lets go buddy boys! And we get to meet a war hero imagine that!”

Knowledge Geography on Isger, city of Logas 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Epic fumble on the wipe the tear!
Priscilla is sad to see a lodge ally leave.

Grand Lodge

Priscilla Daystar wrote:
"Hello again, yes, give me a moment to consider your request. It may depend on the team you have elected to hire" I am interested but I may be limited to a late post a day for the next 6 days, followed by regular posts after that.

No problem - I will try to keep it slower this time - also for my own sanity. Missions will be posted after work.

Grand Lodge

Quadira:

Seeker of Wealth, Druma is a fascinating land, where even a runaway Chelish slave, if willing and capable, can amass a great fortune. Many of Druma's successful merchant houses arose from such humble beginnings. One of these younger houses may prove to be a valuable ally as we attempt to expand our holdings within Druma. Its founder began his career within the Mercenary League and, as our agents have discovered, fought during the Goblinblood Wars. If possible, I would appreciate it if you could recover any gear that may have once belonged to the Mercenary League. With luck, such items, when presented as a gift and as a link to the past, may assist in negotiating a potentially profitable alliance. Yours in service to the Satrap,

Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam

Grand Lodge

Szarni:

Trusted Associate, You may have heard that we have lost several caravans along a previously lucrative route through Isger's Chitterwood. I have managed to strike a deal with the Pathfinder Society that will see you, and several other Pathfinders, travel to Isger to escort our next caravan. Dreng certainly has his own reasons for sending you, but do not forget that your loyalty lies with the Sczarni. I need you to ensure the safety of the caravan. Though Dreng's mission may require that you leave the caravan for a time, first ensure the security of the caravan, its crew, and, most importantly, its cargo.

Do not disappoint,

Guaril Karela

Grand Lodge

Shadow Lodge:

World-Weary Pathfinder, Once again, the Ten place a greater value on material goods over the lives of Pathfinders. The Decemvirate is rightfully concerned about attacks on Sczarni caravans traveling through Isger, but for the wrong reason. The Ten worry about the occasional lost piece of treasure, leaving us to worry about those Pathfinder agents and allies lost during those same attacks. Dreng plans to send you to escort the next caravan scheduled to travel through Isger. Undoubtedly, the Sczarni intend to transport goods that may be of use during your own mission. They would probably die before their greed would allow them to make use of those goods. I need you to convince the caravan master to share out any items that could increase your chance of surviving and successfully completing your mission. Faithfully,

Grandmaster Torch

Grand Lodge

Cheliax:

Sweet Thing, I believe that the good Venture-Captain Dreng has arranged a meeting between you and Gaspar Desime. Maintaining a positive relationship with Gaspar once had its advantages. However, the oaf has since outlasted his usefulness and I no longer find his pining amusing. Though I have severed ties with the man, he still holds a trinket of mine—a silver locket. I believe that the man still carries it on his person. If the opportunity arises, I want you to convince Gaspar to return the locket. If all else fails, simply snatch it from him.

Appreciatively,

Paracountess Zarta Dralneen

Grand Lodge

Grand Lodge:

Respected Pathfinder, You will soon be joining a Sczarni caravan, traveling along a smuggler's route through the nation of Isger. We would be foolish if we did not suspect that other organizations might use these same routes, even those that would wish the Society harm. Recently, the Society lost several valuable documents in Andoran. We have collected sufficient evidence indicating that they were to be smuggled into Cheliax and through to Westcrown and the Aspis Consortium. We have reason to believe that smugglers chose to risk traveling overland through Isger. While on your mission, keep an eye open for any clues that may help us recover the stolen documents. Good luck,

Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin

Cheliax

Primal Fire Sorceress 5 (HP 31/37) | AC 13 (16 MA) Touch 12 FF 11 | Saves F +5 R +4 W +5

Chelsea locks eyes with Gasper after the introductions and beckons him over with a wink and a slight wave of her hand.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla rolls her eyes at Chelsea. Then turns to Gasper. "So Mr. Desime? Whats in store for us! Goblin spore poison, Warg bites, or fleas!"

Andoran

Human/Inquisitor 10 | HP: 103 | AC: 22/14/20 | CMD: 26 | F: +11 R: +8 W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +19 | SM: +24

"These missing caravans...is there evidence of an ambush of some sort or do you suspect a more....sorcerous means of disappearance?"

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix listens to the others and decides to wager his own 2 coppers on the matter, "What good is a 'crime syndicate' that can't protect itself from a few wittle gobwins?"

He crosses his arms to comfort them against his knives,
"Sounds like someone's been getting double-crossed to me."

Grand Lodge

Turning towards Gregor

“Isger is currently besieged by numerous threats—the undead roam the lands to the north and south of my beloved homeland, while bandits prey on the weak throughout the countryside. What's worse, the Chitterwood itself is still the home to the scattered remains of goblinoid armies, left over from the Goblinblood Wars. If only for your sake, I hope it's merely bandits behind the caravan attacks.”

Grand Lodge

Turning towards Priscilla

"“You will probably face nothing more than bandits, probably relying on the harrowing stories surrounding the Chitterwood to deceive and waylay travelers. Do not be surprised, though, if you encounter a hobgoblin or bugbear. I hear the city of Logas can still maintain a steady supply of fresh goblin heads for the pikes surrounding their walls, so there are apparently plenty of goblinoids to still be found.”

Grand Lodge

Oops - I'm repeating myself. More from Guaril.

Sczarni

Male Human [Varisian] Definitely-Not-A-Sczarni-Hitman 6

Markus cocks an eyebrow at the snarky elf but remains silent.

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Toren perks up, "Goblinblood Wars? Please excuse this lowly gemcutter's ignorance, but what in Torag's name were those?"

Cheliax

Primal Fire Sorceress 5 (HP 31/37) | AC 13 (16 MA) Touch 12 FF 11 | Saves F +5 R +4 W +5

Chelsea will be hanging back until she can get Gasper's attention.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

"When we capture these bandits who do we turn them over to, so that they may be judged and sentenced?"

Grand Lodge

Priscilla Daystar wrote:
"When we capture these bandits who do we turn them over to, so that they may be judged and sentenced?"

"If it is goblins - just kill them. You might even get a few copper pieces for each fresh head you deliver to Logas.

If it is bandits I'm afraid you won't get anything for them. This will be up to you what you do with them.

Grand Lodge

Chelsea:

Assume you will be last in the room - on your own with Gaspar.

Please post any time - as I will try to move them on.

"I guess anything else you will lean from Guaril - unless there is anything I forgot."

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Aye, well...guessin' we'll find out more when we get to the caravan. Toren leans back on his shield at this point and closes his eyes. After a short time you hear distinct snoring and nose whistling from the hairy dwarf.

Cheliax

Primal Fire Sorceress 5 (HP 31/37) | AC 13 (16 MA) Touch 12 FF 11 | Saves F +5 R +4 W +5

GM:
Once Chelsea is alone with Gaspar
"My dear Gaspar, I am here on the behalf of the Paracountess. She has requested that I meet with you about a pressing matter."

She looks him over trying to locate the locket.
Perception 1d20 ⇒ 4

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix lays back finally getting used to the rolling of a ship.

Caravan guarding and unknown assailants. This should be some good exercise. It'll be nice to be in the woods again.

Grand Lodge

Chelsea:

He seems to wear a closed brooch around his neck - possibly it is in there. But you aren't sure.

Three options for which I have a DC
Diplomacy
Intimidation
Sleight of Hand

Alternativly tell me what else you want to do.

Grand Lodge

You haven't left yet Absalom. Chelsea - just carry on with your part.

Karela's curio store seems dark and cramped, regardless of the time of day. The dirty windows block most outside light, leaving the inside of the store permanently encased in shadow. Rows upon rows of shelves filled with knickknacks, baubles, and trinkets—all of varying levels of quality and authenticity— run the length of the store, leaving little room for people to move about. From somewhere behind the shelves, Karela, acting as shopkeep, shouts a greeting to potential customers as they enter.

Sczarni

Male Human [Varisian] Definitely-Not-A-Sczarni-Hitman 6

Markus enters and nods to Gauril as the others follow him inside.

"Should we go someplace more private to discuss... business?", the hulking Varisian asks.

1 to 50 of 527 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS - Thod GMs the Goblinblood Dead All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.