Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

PFS The Traitor's Lodge

Game Master Matthais777

Maps


151 to 200 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 6 | HP: 69/69(8/12 Temp)(NL=18)| AC 21 T14/FF17, CMD:17, Fort:+12*, R+10*, Will:+4*, Init:+6, Percep:+27(28 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Fortification 15%, Elixir of Vision, TK Invis

With a flick of his hand, Fade opens the northwestern door in the room from his position in the eastern hallway.

"Happy now Kang?" he breaths in a low voice.

Marked with the red arrow


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

The walls here are polished and smooth, unlike the stone block construction elsewhere. The floor bears a strange symbol of concentric circles and compass-like stars, and the entire carving glows with a steady, red light. Writing covers much of the walls, some of it in dark blue charcoal and the rest in deep red paint. A shallow tray along the north wall holds several sticks of steel-gray chalk.

Linguistics 25+ or speak abyssal:

Most of the correspondence involves the two haggling over prices and the exchange of goods. After about 10 minutes (if you speak abyssal) or 20 minutes (if translating using linguistics) One particular passage in the southeastern corner stands out as different from the others.

The contact I told you about warned me that dark days are coming for Nerosyan. He has advised me to leave in all haste.

And you believe him?

I have little choice. I have much to gain by acting on this knowledge and everything to lose if it’s true.

You are so quick to trust someone you have only known for a matter
of months—especially one such as he.

If I didn’t know better, I’d say you sound jealous. Heh.

My sisters would take offense at your calling me jealous, and even I believe you are taking liberties. I value our relationship, runecarved one, so I tell you this free of charge. Even if you follow his advice, guard yourself well. You are preparing to abandon your cover, and your so-called friends are known to dislike being duped.

Trust me. I know. I heard what happened in Varisia. Look, I know what I’m doing, and I think I can trust this one. He doesn’t lie all of the time, you know.

Exactly. He tells the truth often enough to make you believe his
other lies.

And if he is lying, I’ll lock him up for another ten thousand years.
Just remember our bargain. If I don’t find those reagents waiting for me in the usual place, we’ll have words.

But of course, Thurl. You know how to contact me.


Knowledge Arcana and Spellcraft 15+:
Your examination determines that although the circle is capable of trapping an outsider conjuring into it, the circle currently does not appear to contain anything.

Grand Lodge

M LN Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC 17 T 13/FF 15, CMD:17, Fort:+4, R+5, Will:+5 (+2 vs.fear), Init:+2, Percep:+1 |spells 1st 3/5; 2nd 3/3 | Staff of Minor Arcana 8/10

Kalangkang just laughed at Fade.

He tries to find out from the door if there is anything magical in the room. cast Detect magic
Then he tries to read what's on the walls from the same place.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

"Guys I do not know what it says on the wall but circle is capable of trapping an outsider conjuring into it.
Maybe one of you can decrypt text on the wall?"


female Aasimar (Azata-Touched)
Spoiler:
AC 18/T13/FF15 HP 43/43 F+2 R+7 W+4 Init +5 Perception +5
Bard 5/Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade)

The bard steps closer and takes a look. Taking out a scroll she quickly reads it. Comprehend language
Taking 10 on spellcraft and knowledge Arcane she quickly has a feeling for the circle.
You can read the spoilers

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L3] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +1*/R+6/W+4 | HP 18/18 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Condition: None

Lingo 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (1) = 21
KN takes 10 and 4 for 24 each

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 6 | HP: 69/69(8/12 Temp)(NL=18)| AC 21 T14/FF17, CMD:17, Fort:+12*, R+10*, Will:+4*, Init:+6, Percep:+27(28 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Fortification 15%, Elixir of Vision, TK Invis

"Well that's great. Thurl had an absyssal pen-pal." Fade says cynically as he peeks in on the translation team. "Look, I'm sure the VC will be glad we found this, and good job on the translation by the way, but we best be moving through the rest of this place. I don't want to be here any longer than is absolutely necessary."

With a worn look on his face he says to the rest of the group, "Gather your notes and things and get ready to move."

Once everyone is ready, he opens the southwestern door and moves ahead, looking and listening for danger.

Grand Lodge

M LN Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC 17 T 13/FF 15, CMD:17, Fort:+4, R+5, Will:+5 (+2 vs.fear), Init:+2, Percep:+1 |spells 1st 3/5; 2nd 3/3 | Staff of Minor Arcana 8/10

Kalangkang begins with casting detect magic as soon as Fade opens the southwestern door.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf UC Barbarian 3/ranger 2 | AC: 17/13/17 (15/11/15) | HP 57/58 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (+1 vs surprise) | Rage: 8/14
Attack:
2 claws +10 (1d8+14/x2), bite +5 (1d4+12)

Dumm follows along with the others, hoping no one will notice that all this business of written words is beyond him.


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

Fade detects no danger on the southwestern door, and Kalang detects no magic upon it.

Grand Lodge

M LN Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC 17 T 13/FF 15, CMD:17, Fort:+4, R+5, Will:+5 (+2 vs.fear), Init:+2, Percep:+1 |spells 1st 3/5; 2nd 3/3 | Staff of Minor Arcana 8/10

Are we ready to go?

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 6 | HP: 69/69(8/12 Temp)(NL=18)| AC 21 T14/FF17, CMD:17, Fort:+12*, R+10*, Will:+4*, Init:+6, Percep:+27(28 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Fortification 15%, Elixir of Vision, TK Invis

Fade chuckles, opens the door and then steps forward moving in to the hallway if it's safe. "Yep." , he says simply with a shake of his head and a small grin.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L3] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +1*/R+6/W+4 | HP 18/18 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Condition: None

Haooy to Follow behind keeping out of the way. If they need her skills they will ask.

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 6 | HP: 69/69(8/12 Temp)(NL=18)| AC 21 T14/FF17, CMD:17, Fort:+12*, R+10*, Will:+4*, Init:+6, Percep:+27(28 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Fortification 15%, Elixir of Vision, TK Invis

Fade's force ward(his 12 Temp HP) regenerates back to full during the time we did the translation.


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

Glass cases, each a three-foot cube, line the walls of this L-shaped five-foot-wide stone hallway. Each sealed alcove contains the slowly wriggling form of what appears to be an oversized insect larva that has a vaguely humanoid head wrinkled in pain.

Knowledge Planes 15+:
These are soul Larva, condemned to the abyssal plane. It is debated by philosophers exactly what happens to these creatures if they die or are eaten by fiends, but it is suggested that the soul itself is destroyed forever, annihilated.

Valaris steps forward slowly and puts a clawed hand to the glass of the case. Her face is a mask of pain, confusion, and sadness.

This... this is what he used to make me... what that sniveling wretch put inside me.

She looks at her clawed hand on the glass and her reflection, and tears well up.

Put inside me... I wonder if it's even me anymore? Am I really still a pathfinder? Am I even... Anything anymore? Am I just a MONSTER.

She hangs her head a little, her body shaking a bit as she tries not to cry outloud.

Grand Lodge

M LN Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC 17 T 13/FF 15, CMD:17, Fort:+4, R+5, Will:+5 (+2 vs.fear), Init:+2, Percep:+1 |spells 1st 3/5; 2nd 3/3 | Staff of Minor Arcana 8/10

Kalangkang follows Fade and when he sees the glass cases he begins to study them with great interest.

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

He starts to whisper something and wave with his hands to see if anything is magical in them or on them. cast Detect magic

Guys, these are soul Larva, condemned to the abyssal plane. It is debated by philosophers exactly what happens to these creatures if they die or are eaten by fiends, but it is suggested that the soul itself is destroyed forever, annihilated.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf UC Barbarian 3/ranger 2 | AC: 17/13/17 (15/11/15) | HP 57/58 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (+1 vs surprise) | Rage: 8/14
Attack:
2 claws +10 (1d8+14/x2), bite +5 (1d4+12)

Dumm puts a hand on Valaris's shoulder. "Can you be both a monster and a Pathfinder. Look you at me. Am I a monster also, but am a Pathfinder still. As a boy was I not like I am, but now use I it to I's own good. Can you also use what are you to your good."


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

Valais sniffs and smiles at Dumm.

Thank you. That's just what I needed to hear. I'm still a pathfinder... I'm still me... and even if I'm not me... I can still REIGN TERROR UPON MY ENEMIES!. I'm still Valais.... I think.

She tries wiping her eyes, though the claws make it tough. The fact that she can't wipe her own tears seems to make the little gains in self confidence that Dumm gave her deflate a little as she keeps trying to rub the tears away in frustrating, threatening to gouge her own eyes out with her claws if she's not careful.

Fade has enough time to easily check the door at the other end of the hall and confirm that it has no traps on it, and Kalang can confirm no magic.

Grand Lodge

M LN Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC 17 T 13/FF 15, CMD:17, Fort:+4, R+5, Will:+5 (+2 vs.fear), Init:+2, Percep:+1 |spells 1st 3/5; 2nd 3/3 | Staff of Minor Arcana 8/10

"Fade if you would be so kind to open the next door!" asked Kalangkang with a deep bow.

Dark Archive

Stats while raging:
74/74 HP, AC: 17, F: +13, W: +7, 10/15 Rds
59/59 HP, AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +10, R: +6, W: +5, Init +2, Perception +7, CG Male Half-Orc Bloodrager 5, Fauchard +10 (1d10+7, 18-20 x2) Longbow +7 (1d8+4, x3)

"Maybe that explains the different voice you seem to speak in? Different parts of different souls making their presence known. But you are only a monster if you act like one, it's your actions that make you, not your physical self." Korus looks down at his own scars and tattoos, remembering back to when he was little more than an experiment to others.

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 6 | HP: 69/69(8/12 Temp)(NL=18)| AC 21 T14/FF17, CMD:17, Fort:+12*, R+10*, Will:+4*, Init:+6, Percep:+27(28 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Fortification 15%, Elixir of Vision, TK Invis

Seeing Valais' attempts to wipe her own tears fail, Fade walks over to her, a uncommon look of compassion having come over his face. He reaches out with his right hand and gently lowers her claw, then begins to wipe her tears away with his left.

He looks up to her with a small grin mixed with sad eyes. "If something was put in, maybe something can be taken out. Until we know more, let's focus on looking through this place for answers."

Not taking his eyes off Valais, he reaches back toward the door with his right hand and opens it with a twist of his aether.


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

The popping and fizzing of bubbling liquid echoes throughout this rectangular chamber. To the west, a platform towers fifteen feet over the rest of the room. A steel grate extends from this platform like a bridge to a large metal cauldron suspended by rusty chains above the floor. Steep steps descend around support pillars to the level below and a pair of iron doors to the east.

As they file into the room, Valais looks about it nervously.

I... I remember this place... It was just a little bit... pain... aaaaagoonny and then I saw my hands... and Thurl... ACCURSED WRETCH he said... "“It seemed like you wanted to learn what I was up to, Pathfinder. Think of this as the first step in teaching you. Ah, but your growth is not yet done.” Next thing I know, I'm waking up in that green vat, skulkingmy way out...

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L3] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +1*/R+6/W+4 | HP 18/18 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Condition: None

Lady Qill keeps back with with cold detached eyes as Valais and Fade shows emotions. She follows the others into the room. On a hunch she says,

"Its seems odd that such an extensive lab has no servants seen or unseen. Its as if someone cleared the path for us to enter its deepest deaths."

Grand Lodge

M LN Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC 17 T 13/FF 15, CMD:17, Fort:+4, R+5, Will:+5 (+2 vs.fear), Init:+2, Percep:+1 |spells 1st 3/5; 2nd 3/3 | Staff of Minor Arcana 8/10

While entering the room Kalangkang starts to wave with his hand and quietly speaks with hope to detect something magical.

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 6 | HP: 69/69(8/12 Temp)(NL=18)| AC 21 T14/FF17, CMD:17, Fort:+12*, R+10*, Will:+4*, Init:+6, Percep:+27(28 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Fortification 15%, Elixir of Vision, TK Invis

Not much room on the map to put us. I moved Fade, Valais, Kang and Lady Qill.

Fade pushes in front of Kang and Lady Qill to stand next to Valais in the cramped quarters. He knows that Dumm and Korug will move in soon enough, but until then he stands almost protectively over the rest in the group.

"That sounds downright sinister Qill, and with everything we've seen so far, it sounds about right too." Fade says with a grumble, gathering aether about himself and causing any loose items or debris to rise into the air and spin slowly.


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

Kalang's detect magic reveals that the cauldron has... some kind of magic on it, it'll take more concentration than he has time for.

Fade's keen eyes however, spot danger faster than any rational evil dwarf or game designer could expect, and he sees two demonic imp-like creatures, stitched together out of odds and ends, half burst from the surface of the bubbling, coagulating red liquid.

He's able to shout out a warning as the things scoop of globs of boiling liquid and prepare to hurl it at the pathfinders!

Fade presents a surprise round!

Gmscreen:

Int Dumm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Int Feli: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Int Kalangkang: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Int Korug: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Int Qill: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Int Fade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Int Eidelon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Int Eidelon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

COMBAT ENGAGED! THE BOLD MAY ACT!

Korug
Feli

-------------------
Eidelon R
Eidelon B
------------------
Quill
Fade
Kalangkang
Dumm


female Aasimar (Azata-Touched)
Spoiler:
AC 18/T13/FF15 HP 43/43 F+2 R+7 W+4 Init +5 Perception +5
Bard 5/Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade)

Quickly starting bardic performance Felicitas wonders what those imp-like creatures are.
KnowRel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Grand Lodge

M LN Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC 17 T 13/FF 15, CMD:17, Fort:+4, R+5, Will:+5 (+2 vs.fear), Init:+2, Percep:+1 |spells 1st 3/5; 2nd 3/3 | Staff of Minor Arcana 8/10

On his turn.
Kalangkang whispered something and touched Dumm. At that moment Dumm disappears (cast vanish).
"This will not last long, make the most of this gift."

Dark Archive

Stats while raging:
74/74 HP, AC: 17, F: +13, W: +7, 10/15 Rds
59/59 HP, AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +10, R: +6, W: +5, Init +2, Perception +7, CG Male Half-Orc Bloodrager 5, Fauchard +10 (1d10+7, 18-20 x2) Longbow +7 (1d8+4, x3)

Korug grips his polearm tightly, and rushes into the room towards to imps, ready to protect the others as needed. As he does, the runes and tattoos on his body once again begin to glow white. He stands at the ready and taunts the demonic creatures to attack him. "Bring it on evil demons, I dare you to approach my friends!"

Moving into the room and beginning rage, automatically under the effects of Blur

AoO if needed, 10 ft reach: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 2 = 251d10 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 6 = 21


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

The two creatures cackle and one of them lifts up a handful of boiling oozey liquid and tosses it at Korug.

miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 10
Boiling blood vs touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 3) = 10

But his blurring body causes it to miss. In annoyance, the other imp chucks a pile of bubbling ooze at him to.

miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 53
Boiling blood vs touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 3) = 8

The liquid hurts, badly, as it oozes in-between his armor and burns his skin at the touch. The two little creatures laugh uproariously as they sink deeper into the muck of the pot, leaving only their noses and eyes exposed.

COMBAT ENGAGED! THE BOLD MAY ACT!
Round 1
Quill
Fade
Kalangkang
Dumm

Round 2
Korug
Feli

-------------------
Eidelon R
Eidelon B
------------------

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf UC Barbarian 3/ranger 2 | AC: 17/13/17 (15/11/15) | HP 57/58 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (+1 vs surprise) | Rage: 8/14
Attack:
2 claws +10 (1d8+14/x2), bite +5 (1d4+12)

As the creatures surface and attack, Dumm calls forth his inner animal. Kill. But this time, as the transformation process takes hold, a touch from Kalangkang causes Dumm's body to disappear. The barbarian is so surprised that, had it required his concentration, the shift would have reversed completely.

He immediately recognizes the benefit of this, however, when his subsequent charge is promptly ignored by the two imps. Switching tactics, Dumm circles around to the other side of the vat, waiting for an opportunity to pounce. Stalk. Hunt.

Stealth, full speed: 1d20 + 6 - 5 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 5 + 20 = 36
Spending two move actions. Still invisible.


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

Dumm, just so your aware, the cauldron is suspended above the ground and is about 5 feet or so tall, so attacking the creatures from below they will have cover from the edge of the cauldron. Still totally a legit tactic, just didn't want you to be surprised by a rules weirdness in case you have something to circumvent it.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf UC Barbarian 3/ranger 2 | AC: 17/13/17 (15/11/15) | HP 57/58 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (+1 vs surprise) | Rage: 8/14
Attack:
2 claws +10 (1d8+14/x2), bite +5 (1d4+12)

Good to know, thanks!

Dark Archive

Stats while raging:
74/74 HP, AC: 17, F: +13, W: +7, 10/15 Rds
59/59 HP, AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +10, R: +6, W: +5, Init +2, Perception +7, CG Male Half-Orc Bloodrager 5, Fauchard +10 (1d10+7, 18-20 x2) Longbow +7 (1d8+4, x3)

Would it be possible for the cauldron to be tipped over, if shoved from underneath?


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

Not at the moment, because it's supported by 4 large chains anchored to the ceiling and tipping it would require lifting it 10 or 20 feet straight up first.... unless something where to happen to those chains of course.

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 6 | HP: 69/69(8/12 Temp)(NL=18)| AC 21 T14/FF17, CMD:17, Fort:+12*, R+10*, Will:+4*, Init:+6, Percep:+27(28 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Fortification 15%, Elixir of Vision, TK Invis

Fade steps closer and waits patiently, ready to attack one of the strange creatures when it rises up to throw more burning goo. A flat stone floats near his left hand, resting on barely visible waves of aether.

"That was a lucky shot...I bet they can't hit you again Korug." he taunts.

Readied attack, Empowered TK Blast+PBS+IC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Magic, Blunt damage: 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 6, 6) + 15 = 32 x 1.5=48


female Aasimar (Azata-Touched)
Spoiler:
AC 18/T13/FF15 HP 43/43 F+2 R+7 W+4 Init +5 Perception +5
Bard 5/Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade)

Felicitas moves forward with her rapier at the ready. Double move into the room.

Grand Lodge

M LN Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC 17 T 13/FF 15, CMD:17, Fort:+4, R+5, Will:+5 (+2 vs.fear), Init:+2, Percep:+1 |spells 1st 3/5; 2nd 3/3 | Staff of Minor Arcana 8/10

Nobody has posted 24 hours so I will. I do not know if that's okay? Tell me!

On his turn:
Kalangkang starts to wave with his hands and he whispers something. In that moment under the cauldron appears a 10-foot-by-10-foot extra-dimensional hole with a depth of 20 feet. He yells: "Break the chains!"
Kalangkang cast Create Pit. Creatures who fall into the pit take falling damage as normal (REF negates DC 16). The pit’s coarse stone walls have a Climb DC of 25. Duration is 5 rounds (1 round + 1 round/level)


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

Sorry, was giving a little bit more leeway than I usually do. Unfortunately, your a bit ahead now, but I'll assume your action just delays until your turn. While posting out of other player order is fine, you generally have to wait on me since the enemies may dramatically alter what you want to do, though not in this case.

Qill studies the combat, waiting for the right opportunity.

The little creatures pop up, and fade blasts one of them in the face! It let's out a cry of pain and agony, and throws a pile of boil something at him.

Blood: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 2) = 8

It just barely misses him, passing so close by his face he can feel the heat from it.

The other one throws at Korug again..
mischance: 1d100 ⇒ 49
Blood: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 3) = 13

Though it's throw is a similarly close miss.

Both creature sink down into the bubbling red muck again, glaring with beady eyes out from the cauldron.

COMBAT ENGAGED! THE BOLD MAY ACT!

Qill [On Delay]
Fade

Kalangkang [action taken to create pit]
Dumm
Korug -8
Feli

-------------------
Eidelon R -48
Eidelon B
------------------

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 6 | HP: 69/69(8/12 Temp)(NL=18)| AC 21 T14/FF17, CMD:17, Fort:+12*, R+10*, Will:+4*, Init:+6, Percep:+27(28 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Fortification 15%, Elixir of Vision, TK Invis

As the boiling pile flies past his head, Fade lets out a low whistle.

That was pretty damn close...

Seeing the pit appear below, he catches on quick, "Interesting idea Kang." and blasts one of the chains anchoring the cauldron.

Empowered TK blast+PBS+IC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Magic Slashing damage: 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 15 = 21 x1.5=31

Marked where he blasts the chain with a red arrow

Dark Archive

Stats while raging:
74/74 HP, AC: 17, F: +13, W: +7, 10/15 Rds
59/59 HP, AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +10, R: +6, W: +5, Init +2, Perception +7, CG Male Half-Orc Bloodrager 5, Fauchard +10 (1d10+7, 18-20 x2) Longbow +7 (1d8+4, x3)

Not wanting to be underneath the vat when it spills over, Korug stands his ground, and continues to taunt the creatures, hoping to draw more of their attacks while the other bring down the cauldron. "Ha, that the best you got? Come on, HIT ME!"

Going total defense for a round, AC will be 21


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

Fade blasts away one of the chains, neatly severing it, causing the cauldron to wobble precariously. The imp like creatures scream in annoyance at him and Korug.

COMBAT ENGAGED! THE BOLD MAY ACT!

Qill [On Delay]
Fade
Kalangkang
Dumm
Korug -8
Feli
-------------------
Eidelon R -48
Eidelon B
------------------

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf UC Barbarian 3/ranger 2 | AC: 17/13/17 (15/11/15) | HP 57/58 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (+1 vs surprise) | Rage: 8/14
Attack:
2 claws +10 (1d8+14/x2), bite +5 (1d4+12)

Wait. Watch. Taking advantage of Kalangkang's spell, Dumm waits for an opportune moment to strike.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 - 5 + 40 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 5 + 40 = 60

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L3] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +1*/R+6/W+4 | HP 18/18 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Condition: None

Well they wanted the things angray she could help with that.
She placed a steal ball in her hand and sent it flying at the culden.

Telekinetic Projectile TH 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 DMG 1d6 ⇒ 5


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

The two keep up their barrage of boiling blood!

Blood: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 2) = 6

Fade is smacked straight in the chest with the burning liquid and it splashes all over him, stinging and burning as it boil and clings to his skin.

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 21
Blood: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 1) = 7

Korug is also struck in the shoulder, suffering a nasty burn as it clings to his arm.

COMBAT ENGAGED! THE BOLD MAY ACT!
Qill
Fade -6
Kalangkang
Dumm
Korug -15
Feli [On Delay]

-------------------
Eidelon R -48
Eidelon B
------------------

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 6 | HP: 69/69(8/12 Temp)(NL=18)| AC 21 T14/FF17, CMD:17, Fort:+12*, R+10*, Will:+4*, Init:+6, Percep:+27(28 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Fortification 15%, Elixir of Vision, TK Invis

Fade's force ward absorbs the burning liquid, keeping him safe from the stinging pain, but the ward is diminished greatly.

"Hey now! You almost ruined my best shirt!" the half elf complains as he tugs on the dingy, food stained shirt covering his chest."Dumm! Move out of the way in case this goes bad!" he says waving his right hand in the direction he wants Dumm to move.

Once Dumm moves, he sends another spinning rock flying directly at a second chain, the aether surrounding it formed with a sharp edge.

Empowered TK Blast: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Magic Slashing damage: 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 2, 6) + 15 = 24 x1.5=36

Marked another red arrow for the chain he is targeting and a red D for where(approximately) he is waving Dumm to move to just in case it swings a bit instead of drops perfectly into the pit. I am committed to this course of action, but darn it if those last attacks would have hit on their own. ;)

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Investigator Psychic Detective [L3] AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +1*/R+6/W+4 | HP 18/18 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Condition: None

Slips into cover so as not to be hit.

Moved to 100% cover

Grand Lodge

M LN Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC 17 T 13/FF 15, CMD:17, Fort:+4, R+5, Will:+5 (+2 vs.fear), Init:+2, Percep:+1 |spells 1st 3/5; 2nd 3/3 | Staff of Minor Arcana 8/10

Kalangakng raises his stuff and fires 4 missiles at the creature that Fade has wounded before.
He fires 4 magic missiles at red creature from Staff of Minor Arcana

damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 2) + 4 = 13


female Aasimar (Azata-Touched)
Spoiler:
AC 18/T13/FF15 HP 43/43 F+2 R+7 W+4 Init +5 Perception +5
Bard 5/Swashbuckler 1 (Inspired Blade)

Felicitas is poised ready, ready to strike the beast should it come in reach.
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
If she is attacked she will make a dodging panache move, moving back a step and gain +4 dodge AC

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf UC Barbarian 3/ranger 2 | AC: 17/13/17 (15/11/15) | HP 57/58 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (+1 vs surprise) | Rage: 8/14
Attack:
2 claws +10 (1d8+14/x2), bite +5 (1d4+12)

Will wait to see the result of Fade's turn before taking mine.


Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. The Traitor's lodge

Fade's shot slices through the chain like butter, and the whole pot swings open, gushing it's contents towards the ground, including it's inhabitants!

Fly: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Fly: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

The two manage to catch themselves and fly out of the way as the torrent of blood spills forth to burn the pathfinders....

and goes right down into the hole opened up by kalang. As the two creatures try to reorient, one of them is struck by his magic missles, and he falls into the pit with a "Splash".

Pot gone, they have lost their cover and are hovering in place. get 'em.

COMBAT ENGAGED! THE BOLD MAY ACT!
Qill
Fade -6
Kalangkang
Dumm
Korug -15

Feli
-------------------
Eidelon R Dead
Eidelon B

151 to 200 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Traitor's Lodge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.