Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] Teamwork Experiment Table Æroden

Game Master Nathan Hartshorn

Map

PFS Modules with set parties, focusing on Teamwork Feats and their viability in the Organized Play environment.


701 to 750 of 759 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Dissa finds several feet of sturdy rope like that bound around the troll. It seems the only chains are those holding the troll aloft. It speaks in its deep rumbling voice. Bozmir you still have comprehend languages running.

Szabadíts meg az ember a dolgokat, és nem fogom.

Giant:
Free me man things and I won't eat you.

The ghoul continues to heal, though very slowly.

I'm keeping the round order up so I can keep an eye on where the ghoul is health-wise.

Order 2nd round
Dissa
Arenzo -40
Steinfaust, Bozmir, Dulomak
Troll

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

K(local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 To know about troll regeneration, which I presume he doesn't so he doesn't draw an Alchemist Fire.

If need be, Bozmir can provide silk rope. He sheaths his sword and holds his empty hands out in a sign of peace. "He just wants release, I'm sure he lashed out because he was confused, but he looks reasonable now. Let's get this ghoul bound and out of the way first."

Edit: Just remembered, undead should die at 0 hp, Fez.


Not this one. He also has regeneration.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

The half orc moves out of the way of the troll and will smash the ghoul again.
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


You are able to tie up the ghoul satisfactorily with rope that appears to be left over from the troll's capture. Its body continues to fix itself, as does the troll's. The troll's intestines have mostly found their way up its chest cavity and are starting to nest in its stomach once more.

So how are you guys going to get the troll down or deal with the ghoul?

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

The half orc will inquire if anyone has holy water.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

"I only have fire, acid, and ice, but why would we torture the poor thing any further?" Bozmir asks, indicating the ghoul. "If this is a family member of House Davian, perhaps he was around during the war and can be a resource for the society?"

"Now about the troll..." Bozmir changes topic. He turns and asks it, "Are you truly not going to harm us, not even going to eat us? Your intestines scattered around look rather empty."

He gauges the troll's reaction.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

Naturally, he can only attempt to address the troll in Common, Skald and Abyssal. Alomst forgot that myself!

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

The undead thing is an abomination against the natural life processes he says.


The troll seems genuine in its intent to leave. I cannot remember what language I made Giant...

"Én már elfogták sokáig csak kívánnak hagyni."

Giant:
I have been captured for so long I only wish to leave.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

"That may be true," Bozmir answers Dulomak. "But it's a useful abomination against nature. Remember our core tenets. This is an opportunity to both explore histories we may never know and we can hand him over as our report to our superiors. Nobody in the society has ordered me to kill undead, it's not our job.

"Without holy water, how do you propose we kill it? It will just heal itself."

Bozmir looks toward the troll, "I suppose you want to kill the prisoner as well, just because he looks different to us. I can understand him - he wants nothing more than to leave."

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

"Are you all just going to stare at me, dumbfounded?" Bozmir asks rhetorically. "How about we get this ghoul out of the chamber, to avoid stressing the troll out when it wakes up."

He drags the ghoul by the rope, unwilling to touch its flesh.

"So, are we going to release the troll? I want to relieve it of its loneliness and suffering, but we have no assurance that it won't rampage across the countryside. Thoughts?"

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

"Bozmir, I'm comfortable with releasing the giant, but I would actually rather await restrain the ghoul and await his reconstitution. I think he has certainly unlocked some regenerative secrets. I also think, more pertinently, that he is old enough to know what happened to this place from the time of collapse." Dissa is encouraged, and encouraging, for themes of explore, cooperate, and report.

"I still want to restrain the ghoul, and we don't have to make any decisions about the troll right now. We could free him, or we could leave him, depending on what the ghoul has to say. Regardless, I want to restrain the ghoul!"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

The half orc looks at the Ulfen dead in the eye Do not ever think that you can question my motives and my intentions, Ulfen. The troll is a part of nature, an evil one at that, but the ghoul is anathema to life and would spread its plagues upon us. The troll can just kill you, the ghoul condemns your soul to the Abyss

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Hunter 2 (Scarab Stalker)
Spoiler:
17/17 // F4/R2/W3 // AC 16/T10/FF16 // Perc +8

"He has a point!" The oread nods to the words of the half orc!

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

"I've seen the Worldwound first hand and helped fight demons. I don't fear the Abyss. Besides, my goddess Desna cares not to see this ghoul destroyed. If anything, not talking to and learning from it would be blasphemy! She will take me to Cynosure with open arms!

"Who knows how he came to be here? Could he be reanimated by the negative energy left after the terrible atrocity committed against House Davian? Could the Thrunes have used ghouls in their assault, and this one contracted the disease they spread? He isn't guilty of anything until questioned, he may even be a victim!"

Bozmir drags harder on the rope.


*RP breathing intensifies*

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

Dissa waits patiently for the secured ghoul to regenerate. He watches sinew and bone coalesce into muscle, flesh, and take form.

"Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Dissa, and I am pretty sure we met before. Can you remind us of your name and purpose here? We are explorers, as you probably remember, and would appreciate your wisdom." Dissa encourages the ghoul to share.

Diplomacy : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

He still is a little repulsed by the surroundings, but Dissa makes an effort to mask his disgust.


The ghoul regains consciousness well before its wounds have finished closing. It heaves a sigh through smashed ribs and teeth, "Looks like this is the end of the Davian line. Kill me then, let Thrune have its last laugh."

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

"We are no agents of Thrune. In fact, our mission is to learn all we can of House Davian. How did you come to be here?" asks the Tian temple guardian.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

"No agent of Thrune would carry a Desnan symbol," Bozmir adds, untucking his holy symbol. "It's been decades since the war ended. We have to know everything... Please!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


The ghoul sneers and coughs loudly as its lungs start pushing bits of bone out. "I am Arenzo Davian, last of my family. I came to be here when those Thrune bastards set siege to this place. The last I remember before becoming what I am was smoke and fire. I had hoped the Thrunites would leave this place assuming everyone dead when no one stirred, but that burning made me perish as well as the family I had to kill and eat to survive to that point."

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

"That's... gruesome," Bozmir admits. "But you had to do it to survive, so I don't fault you."

He also tries to recall even the smallest detail he may know about Arenzo or his closest family towards the end of the war.
K(nobility): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

He confers with Dissa, "Do we want to take him as a captive? Perhaps the society will find a way to... I don't know... Maintain the Davian line? Bring him back to life? Or just extract more information?

"If so, how do we go about it? Throw him in a crate on the ship? Or find a cage to put him in?"

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

Dissa replies to his Ulfen friend, "I think we could release him from his restraints and ask for a tour of the Emberhold. I speculate he would be most informative and proud to describe his lineage."

Huddling together, Dissa campaigns his fellow Pathfinders, "Steinfaust and Dulomak, I think we can accomplish our mission far better with information and foresight than through destroying everything unusual. Furthermore, should one of you contract some disease transforming your flesh, I would gladly carry you to any Pathfinder Lodge or temple of Tsukiyo to restore your health."

He pats the half-orc and the oread each on their stout shoulders. Looking into the eyes of his compatriots, Dissa looks emotional but calm, even sentimental. "I see an advantage to be gained, and it may protect all of us from future harm!" He casts Fallback Strategy from his wand while in counsel with his brothers in arms.

With that, he turns to the Ghoul. "Arenzo, you sound very proud of your heritage, and clearly you are an amazing survivor. Would you be willing to provide a tour of your ancestral home and explain the history of your noble line?"

He panders to the ego of house Davian further, stating, "I would much rather release you and become partners than repeatedly attempt to destroy you. You seem to maintain the honor of House Davian and your intellect despite your physical transformation. Can you help us?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 -- Fallback Strategy --

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

The half-orc gives a huff.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

Bozmir may not fully agree with unbinding the ghoul, but it would be easy to bring him down again if he tries to escape. He doesn't voice his concern.

We're less than a day away from the boat, right?


Yep. I was just waiting to see if anyone else had issues keeping Arenzo "alive".

The ghoul explains what happened to his house and the reasons for his existence. You realize what a find it is to have another figure from the time of Thrune's ascension and take Arenzo back to the ship in chains. Returning you find the troll has mostly healed itself and even starting to regrow its lost arm. You warily let it down from its suspension and watch as it rushes off into the Eismonts, more than happy to be away from Emberhold.

Over the course of the next week you begin your archaeology expedition in earnest and recover many items. The gourd leshys are intrigued by your digging and after a few days begin to help as well. You learn to understand each other through simple pantomime, with the occasional spell from Bozmir helping with rougher translations. Collecting everything you think is of import the Leshys have gifts for you before you go.

To your suprise they pop the tops of their heads off and give you items they were storing in there. The treasures include a dark-haired doll wearing a tiara worth, a silver locket with the portrait of a young Arenzo Davian, a pearl of power (1st-level spell), and an arcane spellbook entitled On the Application of Magic in War, containing the spells ant haul, cloak of winds, create pit, endure elements, fog cloud, and gravity bow. In addition the leshys give you each three gourd seeds see chronicle that feels infused with their primal magic.

You return to the Sea Sylph and from there to the Grand Lodge, where you report the success of your mission to Marcos Farabellus. Scenario Over!

Primary Success Condition
The PCs successfully complete their main mission by securing and fully exploring the ruins of Emberhold. Doing so earns each PC 1 Prestige Point.

Secondary Success Condition
The PCs succeed at their secondary mission if they fulfill three of the following five conditions: Do not fight Corentyn’s guards; convince Zefiro to share the secret history of Cheliax by helping Mireille escape; retrieve the keepsakes from the leshys; resolve the encounter with the leshys without combat; and capture (rather than destroy) Arenzo Davian. Arenzo is an excellent source of information—even if the PCs or Chelish authorities destroy him after learning what they can.

Sounds like 2 PP to me. If you guys would be so kind as to put your information and day jobs (if any) into the discussion tab it would be much appreciated. I will get the chronicles done ASAP.

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

Thanks again for running.

P.S. it looks like you were using Hungarian for the first round of giant speech, and you remembered for the second round.

Well done!


Phew, sorry for the break guys. Not gonna lie, got sucked into Persona 5 for a bit, but now we're back in the saddle again!

It is not long after your archaeology expedition and debriefing that you find yourselves back in Corentyn with a new missive. Ianareth Alazario—the new Chelish liaison to the Grand Lodge—informed you that a package provided by Athenaeum archaeologists awaits them at the museum and that they are to contact Zefiro Balinger once more.

Motes of dust float in the air as the midday sun shines through the skylights of the museum roof. Several scholars and students move about the bookshelves and display cases on the main floor and the balconies above, while some are hunched over tables piled with heavy tomes. Zefiro is in discussion with a colleague when he notices the visitors.

“Ah, you have returned. Welcome.” He shakes hands with everyone. “Right, we have that package for you.” Zefiro beckons to a student at a nearby table. “Run up and fetch the Athenaeum materials from my office.” He turns back from the student, though he occasionally glances nervously at the people going about their work around him.

“The ruin you’re about to investigate is certainly a major discovery, and it’s sure to earn great prestige for my colleagues at Egorian’s Athenaeum. A lost colony of ancient Taldor right within the Kharijite province would certainly give our beloved empire a strong claim to the region.” Zefiro steps a little closer and lowers his voice. “I would be very interested to discuss your findings when you return, with a bit more privacy. Come see me here in the evening and we can have a talk in my office.”

Zefiro takes a step back as the student returns with the package. He hands it over to you, “If there’s nothing else, I must get back to my duties.”

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 11

"Ah, Zefiro, how nice to see you again! I feel like maybe tomorrow we will escort that Marielle friend of yours to a safehouse. Did you ever find that ancient angelic Iomedaian scroll that you gave us yesterday?" Dissa embraces the historian in the museum.

"Are you still interested in the goings-on of House Davian? I suspect you know Arenzo, he died a long time ago. Maybe you will meet tomorrow..." He continues with a question this time.

"Do you know what is in this package, and to whom and why we should deliver it? Also, I assume we are delivering a package because it is convenient for it to be moved now. Who else is interested in it's whereabouts? It may help us avoid trouble. I've heard Corentyr often has competing political interests."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"I look forward to seeing you again this evening!"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

The half-orc looks to the skald to help guide the conversation.


"Rahadoumi would be interested in that area, though with a Taldan colony in the area Cheliax has as great, if not a greater claim than those from that godless land. I haven't heard of anything about the colony, I guess that's why the government wanted Pathfinders to go. You're impartial enough to find the truth without national pressures. I haven't been given permission to look in the package, but you all feel free to go ahead. I have to get back to work, but I will see you all when we get back."

He adds that the lost colony lies under a ruined Rahadoumi village called Ibhir, which is located a couple of days’ ride southwest from the city of Khari. A collapse uncovered the site as a fierce battle was fought in Ibhir during the Everwar. Centuries later, a forgotten war diary led the Athenaeum archaeologists to rediscover the colony and mount an expedition to exhume it. According to the Athenaeum archaeologists, Taldan colonists established the settlement as part of the Third Army of Exploration, sometime after Corentyn was founded in 1520 ar. Zefiro has only met Ianareth in passing, and he describes her as the shining embodiment of Cheliax’s values; he accompanies this statement with a grimace meant to convey that he doesn’t necessarily intend this as a compliment.

The Athenaeum package contains several items: an official document that authorizes its bearer to inspect the archaeological site, a map of the Kharijite province that has a route to Ibhir marked on it, and an archaeological report that details the discoveries made at the site.

This is a report of the notable archaeological items discovered in the lost colony of Taldor—estimated to have been established shortly after the founding of Corentyn in 1520 ar—uncovered by the Athenaeum in Kharijite.

Item 1: Ancient broken Taldan clay pots.
Item 2: A ruined building manufactured in ancient Taldan style.
Item 3: Four Taldan statues depicting the founders of the colony.
Item 4: Two golden lion statues.
Item 5: A large statue of the god Abadar.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

Are we ready to head off then? inquires the half-orc.

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

"Is there anything in particular we should bring back, aside from a map and notes? If not, I am ready anytime." Declares Dissa.


From the museum you head to the docks where Ianareth has arranged passage to Khari aboard a Chelish warship, normally used to patrol the Hespereth Straight. The sail to Khari is quite uneventful, and the crewmembers—none too pleased about having to transport civilians aboard a military vessel—keep to themselves.

The Chelish frigate cuts through the waves by the Arch of Aroden as sunrise paints the harbor of Khari red. Vessels from all around the Inner Sea are moored at the docks, waiting for their cargo to be unloaded or for new goods to be brought aboard. The city spreads around the bay, with sandstone buildings and twisting minarets marking its Rahadoumi origin now emblazoned with red-and-white banners of Cheliax.

Most of the inhabitants dress in a Garundi fashion of colorful robes and billowing blouses, but occasionally a regiment of Chelish soldiers or a Hellknight parts the crowd. Several open-air markets fill the city with clamor as merchants and patrons haggle loudly under many-colored stalls.

At one of the stalls, an exasperated man with an Osirian accent complains loudly, “It would be bad enough if it was just the damned dockworkers who take their time unloading my goods, but now I have to wait for those infernal bureaucrats to grant me a travel permit to even leave the city. I swear I’m about to lose my mind with the incompetence of these people!”

The Society has once again provided you with basic archaeological equipment equipment (picks, shovels, brushes, sacks, parchment tags, and notebooks) and sufficient funds to cover essential expenses and purchase mounts. The following occurs while working your way through the city to the gates.

Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC 15:

A gruff barkeep informs you of the tight grip Cheliax keeps on the city. “Recently they’ve been cracking down on any shady business, so everyone needs a travel permit to leave the city. I hear the inspections of coming and going cargo are pretty thorough as well. Good luck at the magistrate’s office—the lines are bound to be as long as the Arch.”

Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC 20:

A bored caravan guard provides information about the archaeological expedition. “They had plenty of scholars and soldiers as well. The number of tools and supplies they were willing to lug across the desert surprised me. Our caravan shared the road with them for a while, but they kept mostly to themselves.”

Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC 25:

An unscrupulous merchant reveals information about the Aspis Consortium caravan that went to the expedition site. “The Aspis Consortium transported a caravan full of supplies to the ruins. I’m not sure what they were carrying in those crates, but I hear they looked heavy—not that they were advertising this on the streets or anything, but I have my sources. It didn’t take long for them to receive appropriate permits either. I guess it helps to have friends in the right places.”

Kn. (Geo or Local) DC 15:

The people of Khari see themselves more as Chelish citizens than as Rahadoumi despite their ancestry. Lord-mayor Marsiol Giovenci, a steadfast ally of the Thrune regime, rules Khari. Giovenci takes a harsh stance against anyone who would engage in smuggling and black-market deals.

Kn. (Geo or Local) DC 20:

This time of the year, fierce sandstorms tend to plague the area around Ibhir, and it’s bound to get even worse in the following weeks before the storms subside. It’s a good idea to make the journey there and back as soon as possible.

Kn. (Geo or Local) DC 25:

The settlement of Ibhir has remained abandoned for centuries since the Everwar. At campfires, the local people whisper ghost stories that revolved around foolish travelers who took shelter in the ruins during a sandstorm and never returned.

Kn. (History) DC 10:

Cheliax forcibly annexed the Kharijite province from Rahadoum during the Everwar, and Rahadoumi diplomats have been demanding that Cheliax return the region to its rightful owner ever since.

Kn. (History) DC 15:

The Everwar, also known as the Wars of Expansion, was a century-long war of conquest launched by King Haliad III in 4305 ar that—among other territories—expanded Chelish control into northern Garund, allowing them to control both ends of the Arch of Aroden. The Everwar lasted through the reigns of five Chelish monarchs and finally ended in 4410 ar.

Kn. (History) DC 20:

There are several ruins in northern Garund left behind by long-lost human civilizations, most famously the Jistka Imperium. The Jistkans were famous for building golems and other mighty constructs.

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

I'll assume it was 3 days, and take off Lucky Number wand charges.

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Dissa will do his best to learn the cultural climate.

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Dissa casts Fallback Strategy as he walks toward the gate guards.

Dissa takes the promissory archaeological note from Zefiro to the gate guards. "Look sharp, guards, we're fresh from Corentyr with special instructions from Ianareth Alezario, and we have our proper paperwork from the Athenaeum. We have to hurry, as it sounds our exploration is an urgent mattter. I would recommend you help expedite, and we can put in a good word for this outpost when we return to Corentyr." Dissa presses every advantage he feels he can, attempting to get his crew and equipment on the move while avoiding bureaucracy.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Tsukiyo guides the fate and Madness of his disciple, and Lucky Number triggers.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 But Tsukiyo is a fickle god, and the fates have frowned on Dissa.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

know geo 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

The half-orc, using his knowledge of geographs advises the group, This time of the year, fierce sandstorms tend to plague the area around Ibhir, and it’s bound to get even worse in the following weeks before the storms subside. It’s a good idea to make the journey there and back as soon as possible.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
K(Local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
K(History): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Speaking to the party as we meet back up at the gate, "This city and its surrounding region was annexed by Cheliax during the Everwar. Rahadoum has wanted it back for years, so far sending diplomats to settle the dispute.

"I fear that if we present ourselves as sent by Cheliax with this note, we may be waylaid by more violent supporters of Rahadoum. So, we should wear our Wayfinders out to present ourselves as a neutral party.

"Secondly, the first expedition to Ibhir apparently had a lot of soldiers among the multitude of scholars sent to the site and their wagons were packed full of gear - unusual for the desert. The caravan guard from a passing caravan couldn't give more details because they kept to themselves on their trip."

Bozmir backs Dissa up as he speaks to the gate guards, "I hope this will suffice in the stead of a travel permit. It clearly states our purpose at the site of Ibhir and whom you can blame if it all goes wrong. It comes from powers above your city's magistrate."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Well that may have been the wrong thing to say...
Also, I still have to update my tracking sheet and account for gold and actually buy a Wayfinder for myself.


The guard takes the papers and looks it over before handing it back. "This would've worked a week ago, but with a recently uncovered smuggling ring we need an official travel permit. You can obtain one from the office of Magistrate Mavius Giovenci."

You find the local magistrate by the throngs of people heading to the location. Scores of applicants hoping to procure official travel permits fill the bulky sandstone building, and clerks steadily work their way up and down the lines to identify each applicant and inquire about their business. One such clerk attends to you, sounding completely bored as she takes down notes on her paper, "Basic information please, who are you, where are you going, what gives you right to travel there, etc."

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

"We are Pathfinders, sent to investigate ruins near Khari, and we have been provided previously sufficient documentation." Dissa flashes the official document that authorizes its bearer to inspect the archaeological site.

"We were provided authority to investigate from Ianareth Alezario. Surely that name carries some credence here." Dissa looks the cleark square in the eyes, unflinching and unblinking as he name-drops.

"Furthermore, we have learned there is a time-criticality to our journey, and would prefer to depart this city with haste. Your guards suggested we double-check our paperwork with the clerks. I assume we are free to go, and this documentation is sufficient? Do you have the power to issue a travel permit if necessary?" Dissa attempts to both flatter and ingratiate the bureaucrat by deferring to his expertise while inferring the clerk has authority to approve travel permits.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


The clerk looks over your papers and listens to your story with more interest than she has previously shown. "Please excuse me for a moment." She heads back into the building before returning with a letter in hand. Voice lowered, she whispers "Magistrate Mavius Giovenci wants to handle this matter in person. This is an invitation to attend an evening function at his estate.” She forces a smile and then turns her attention to the next group in line.

What Dissa has heard of the Magistrate:

Mavius is a cousin of the lord-mayor of Khari. The magistrate takes advantage of his station to enjoy all the pleasures the city has to offer, therefore his palanquin is a regular sight on the street as Mavius travels between the mansion and several high-end establishments and the opera.

DC 20 Diplomacy, Kn. (local or nobility):

The lord-mayor, Marsiol Giovenci, isn’t too fond of his cousin. He secured the post of magistrate for Mavius as a favor to Mavius’s father, yet Marsiol feels that his cousin doesn’t live up to the city’s standards. The lordmayor is concerned that Mavius might make him regret the favor by becoming entangled in some scandal.

DC 25 Diplomacy, Kn. (local or nobility):

Mavius has been involved in some dubious dealings with shady individuals tied to the Aspis Consortium, including the halfling, Tamrin Credence. You learned during their previous investigation in Corentyn that Tamrin had also been involved with Zarta Dralneen. There’s enough evidence to let the you leverage this information to force the magistrate to cooperate—even become a long-term asset for future endeavors—though actually using information against a Chelish noble would be risky at best.

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

Dissa, realizing there is no point awaiting passage until the evening function, begins to prepare for a social event. He will attempt two things:

1) Learn about this evening function.

2) Purchase some Sleeves of Many Garments for a social event.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

I presume the knowledge is instantaneous, whereas Diplomacy is to Gather Info, and both can be rolled. If enough hours remain before evening, Bozmir will cross reference his knowledge against a library, hoping for a small bonus.

K(nobility): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Not that it matters in any case.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

None of these are skills he has


The magistrate’s mansion is of modest size but well-maintained. Upon receiving the invitation, a halfling servant guides everyone through an iron gate with flowery designs onto a terrace overlooking the bay near the Arch of Aroden. A ring of sitting pillows and several water pipes furnish the terrace. At the end of the hall sits a handsome, dark-haired man with an easy smile, though years of indulgent living seem to have taken their toll on his physique. The air is humid as thundering clouds gather far from the shore.

Mavius beckons everyone to sit down, “My dear guests, please relax and enjoy yourselves. There are plenty of local delicacies, and the wine is quite exquisite. I’m sure you’re eager to get down to business, yet there’ll be time for that later.”

Mavius has provided a sumptuous feast, and he greedily partakes of the many delicacies. You can eat as much or as little as you like. If you match Mavius' appetite you will gain the sickened condition for the following challenges, but you will get to reroll a failed check.

Once the bulk of the meal is done, Mavius cheerfully seeks other amusement. The magistrate orders a servant to bring out an ornate board with several dozen ivory pieces, “Would anyone care for a friendly game of Siege—unless one of you can entertain us with some Chelish opera? Hah!”

Sense Motive DC 15:
It is clear from his demeanor that Mavius does not like to lose. He also does not want disappointing games, and would like at least some challenge to his win if at all possible.

To pass this challenge you need to succeed at a DC 12 Intelligence, DC 16 Profession (gambler or similar), Bluff, or Perform (sing) check.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6 AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 (2d8+5) Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2

Does the Kontha get to go?


Because of who Mavius is and what he's trying to accomplish, yes she'll be able to come with.

Dark Archive

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 2; HP 21/21; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 8/4/4; Per +0; Init +1; Lucky Number = 11

Dissa will utilize the Sleeves of Many Garments to appear dressed in noble robes of Tian style, jade and cream in color with silver trim. Realizing there is no continuation of the mission until the Magistrate is satisfied, he settles in with patience.

He will eat a reasonable amount of staples, leaning toward rice, fish, and eggs, the staples of his homeland. Furthermore, he will avoid any sweets that would make him sluggish or uncomfortable.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

When the challenge arises, Dissa quickly recommends the singer of the group. "Perhaps you have not heard our friend, he is quite a talented orator. Although I'm not sure of his familiarity with Chelish opera. He has inspired us in battle with tales of his Ulfen ancestors. Perhaps you would like to hear one of those instead?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 This is an attempt to swap the challenge from "Perform (sing)" to "Perform (oratory)"

Regardless of the type of performance, Dissa will attempt to aid Bozmir in his performance.

Aid (Charisma Check DC 10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 21/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4
unmodified:
HP 19/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 11/13 rounds

Bozmir had not dressed up for the occasion, assuming the noble would understand they were already in the field, far from home. As such he was glad Dissa, in his finery, took the lead in talking.

He did allow himself to indulge a bit; the meat was succulent and there was a vast array of foods to try. Sickened

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Seeing exactly what Dissa was trying to do, Bozmir says, "I do indeed. And is is not better to have a well-rounded familiarity with the arts, than to listen to the same genre forever? Surely you do not miss home so much that it's the only thing you will listen to."

Diplomacy assist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

If Oratory:
P(O): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

If Chelish Opera:
P(S): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Mavius shrugs, "You make a very compelling argument. Please entertain me!"

After the oration...

Clapping his hands Mavius stands, "Excellent, excellent my new friend. Tell me about this expedition you are embarking upon. I
have heard a little about it here and there—enough to get me
intrigued. I’d love to know more.”

Requires DC 15 Bluff, Diplomacy, or Perform (oratory), minimum 2 contributors

701 to 750 of 759 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Teamwork Experiment Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.