Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] TOZ's Decline of Glory (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero


251 to 300 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

M Human (Vudrani) Investigator/6 ; HP 39/39 ; AC 19, touch 14, flat 15 ; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 ; Init +3 ; Per. +9+1d6, Sense Motive +9+1d6

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Ou...." Darshan starts to say, before his mouth and the pained expression on his face freezes in place, along with his limbs.

Dark Archive

Eidolon HD 6 | HP 51/51 | AC24 (12T 22F) | CMB +11 CMD:25 | F:7 R:4 W:5 (+4W vs Enchant) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +8
Current Buffs:
Extended Mage Armor
Attacks:
4 claws w 10 ft reach; B/S/Magic; +15 to hit for 1d4+8; extra 1d4+11 rend on 2+ hits

Chomper rounds the bend and lashes out at the ghast, slamming its head into the wall.
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

With one last mighty blow, the ghast is crushed into the shallow water and lays still.

Party Status wrote:

Darshan (Damage: 18)

Chomper (Damage: 23)
Agraic
Kensaku
Shigeru

Sovereign Court

M Human (Vudrani) Investigator/6 ; HP 39/39 ; AC 19, touch 14, flat 15 ; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 ; Init +3 ; Per. +9+1d6, Sense Motive +9+1d6

Darshan says, "..."

Dark Archive

Male Half Elf Summoner 7 | HP 52/52 | AC19 (12T, 18F) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:7 R:6 W:8 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +3 | Perc. +2 | SM +1 | Spells: lvl1 5/6, lvl2 5/5 lvl3 2/2
Buffs:
Shield Ally

Seeing Darshan's stiffened posture, Shigeru discerns that he finaly succumbed to the ghast's paralysis. He quickly moves through the more shallow water, grabs Darshan, and moves him onto the dry land to ensure he does not fall over and begin drowning.
CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Move action to move 15 feet, standard to reposition.

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

After long seconds pass, Darshans frozen limbs relax, aching in a painfully live manner.

Sovereign Court

M Human (Vudrani) Investigator/6 ; HP 39/39 ; AC 19, touch 14, flat 15 ; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 ; Init +3 ; Per. +9+1d6, Sense Motive +9+1d6

"Ugh!" he says. "That wasn't pleasant. Thankfully, that's over with. Thank you, Chomper of the Tentacles, for killing that fellow before it could rend me to bits."

He pulls out his healing wand and tends to his wounds.

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Healed: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Healed: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Healed: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Putting the wand away, he says, "There, that feels better. Let's have a look around."

Perception: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

Dark Archive

Male Half Elf Summoner 7 | HP 52/52 | AC19 (12T, 18F) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:7 R:6 W:8 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +3 | Perc. +2 | SM +1 | Spells: lvl1 5/6, lvl2 5/5 lvl3 2/2
Buffs:
Shield Ally

Shigeru tends to Chomper's injuries while Darshan fixes his own.
Using those unused rolls from earlier.

Scarab Sages

Female Samsaran Occultist/5
Stat Stuff:
HP: 35/35 l AC: 18(22), T: 11, FF: 17(21) l Fort: +8, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+2vs Death Effect, Negative Energy Effect, and Negative Levels) l Init: +1 l Perception: +9

Kensaku swims to the more shallow area, standing up when the water is closer to waist height. This was... unpleasant, she grumbles as she shakes water from her sleeves.

No, my powers actually come from within. Scholars refer to it as "psychic power," and it basically involves using the power of your own will to affect the world. Like arcane magic, but with less ritual and more emotion, she monologues in Shigeru's direction as she wrings herself out, as if their lives weren't just in danger and the conversation had never stopped.

Dark Archive

Male Half Elf Summoner 7 | HP 52/52 | AC19 (12T, 18F) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:7 R:6 W:8 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +3 | Perc. +2 | SM +1 | Spells: lvl1 5/6, lvl2 5/5 lvl3 2/2
Buffs:
Shield Ally

"Ah, my apologies for assuming. The way your demeanor changes when you cast made it appear that you were channeling some otherworldly being. I would have assumed your magic was divine in origin, but it didn't leave quite the same tinge in the air as a cleric does." Shigeru responds as he gives Chomper one more look over for injuries. "Could someone take a look in those barrels? Unlikely as it is that anyone left anything, I would hate to pass by any gear that would be useful as we delve further into this cave."

So THAT'S why Kensaku is so monotone. Losing focus and stuff messes up her spellcasting.

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

Darshan sees little of interest around the watery ghast battleground. At the edge of Shigeru and Agraic's enhanced vision, an iron gate stands slightly opened in the now still waters.

Scarab Sages

Consumables:
Unchained Rage 9/16
Stats:
Half-Elf U. Bar. 5|HP: 62/65(+10)|AC: 19/T:13/ FF: 19|F: +9*/R:+4*/W: +5*|CMB:+12*|CMD: 23|BAB: +5|Init:+4|LL Vision|Elven Imm.|Ling: +0||Per:+5/8|Climb:+5|Acr:+2|Swim:+8|K:Nat.:+2|K: P/H+5|Srv:+3|PFS#145296-2

As the combat resolves itself Agraic calms down a bit and starts glancing through the crates casually.

Perception(+3 if anything is trapped): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Taking a moment to resolve the Fatigued condition, hopefully the party is amenable to this?

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

Nothing seems to have survived the degradation of the swamp here.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

Water drips.

Scarab Sages

Consumables:
Unchained Rage 9/16
Stats:
Half-Elf U. Bar. 5|HP: 62/65(+10)|AC: 19/T:13/ FF: 19|F: +9*/R:+4*/W: +5*|CMB:+12*|CMD: 23|BAB: +5|Init:+4|LL Vision|Elven Imm.|Ling: +0||Per:+5/8|Climb:+5|Acr:+2|Swim:+8|K:Nat.:+2|K: P/H+5|Srv:+3|PFS#145296-2

"Alrigh'. When y'all's up an' ready t' get movin, let's get thi' done, a'ight?"

Agraic shifts his guisarme back into his hands and prepares to trudge into the water once more, this time poking the areas in front of him at least to the grating.

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

Agraic finds the back of the aging caves just as waterlogged as the front, but to the left is a higher alcove that has escaped the wetness.

Dark Archive

Male Half Elf Summoner 7 | HP 52/52 | AC19 (12T, 18F) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:7 R:6 W:8 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +3 | Perc. +2 | SM +1 | Spells: lvl1 5/6, lvl2 5/5 lvl3 2/2
Buffs:
Shield Ally

Casting a light spell upon his headband, Shigeru and Chomper give the undead creatures one more looking over for anything valuable they might be carrying before heading down to the southern side of the cave to check the boxes and stonework there.
"I wonder why this cave flooded. You would think that the miners would have set up some drainage system to keep the swamp water from filling it like this." he wonders aloud as they work. Then, calling back to his companions, "Hey! Did the villagers say there was a earthquake or something around here? I'm fairly certain that's not something very common for a wetland."

Take 20 perception to search for anything that we could miss anywhere: 20 + 9 = 29
Knowledge Engineering/Dungeoneering/Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

Shigeru does not notice any evidence of quakes or other shifts in the cave structure. The bodies of the ghasts carry nothing but the tattered remnants of the clothing they wore in life.

Scarab Sages

Consumables:
Unchained Rage 9/16
Stats:
Half-Elf U. Bar. 5|HP: 62/65(+10)|AC: 19/T:13/ FF: 19|F: +9*/R:+4*/W: +5*|CMB:+12*|CMD: 23|BAB: +5|Init:+4|LL Vision|Elven Imm.|Ling: +0||Per:+5/8|Climb:+5|Acr:+2|Swim:+8|K:Nat.:+2|K: P/H+5|Srv:+3|PFS#145296-2

"Hey, someone lock back tha' door, found another alcove, folks wanna move on' up an' gi' me a han' 'ere? Feelin' kinda lonely up 'ere!"

Agraic will hold up for the rest of the party, poking the squares around him warily with his guisarme out to a distance of 10'

Dark Archive

Male Half Elf Summoner 7 | HP 52/52 | AC19 (12T, 18F) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:7 R:6 W:8 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +3 | Perc. +2 | SM +1 | Spells: lvl1 5/6, lvl2 5/5 lvl3 2/2
Buffs:
Shield Ally

The summoner and eidolon swim briskly through the water to catch up to their companion. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Agraic. We were simply trying to be thorough. You say there is another alcove to check?" Shigeru asks as he drifts through the open grate. With a flick of his chin, he sends Chomper off to investigate while he inspects the gate for any available locking mechanisms.

Dark Archive

Eidolon HD 6 | HP 51/51 | AC24 (12T 22F) | CMB +11 CMD:25 | F:7 R:4 W:5 (+4W vs Enchant) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +8
Current Buffs:
Extended Mage Armor
Attacks:
4 claws w 10 ft reach; B/S/Magic; +15 to hit for 1d4+8; extra 1d4+11 rend on 2+ hits

Chomper slowly wades their way through the water toward the northern alcove, carefully looking for traps and other nasty surprises as they go.
Active perception +9

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

GM Dice:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Shigeru sees that any lock on the gate has long rusted away. Chomper finds the alcove choked with rubble and barrels, but can see claw marks around the small gaps revealing the alcove behind. After 1d2 ⇒ 1 minute of digging, the side passage is cleared, allowing Chomper to slide out of the murky water. A series of crates in various stages of rot sit in the alcove, with one conspicuous space between two of them where an outline in the dust suggests one was recently removed.

Sovereign Court

M Human (Vudrani) Investigator/6 ; HP 39/39 ; AC 19, touch 14, flat 15 ; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 ; Init +3 ; Per. +9+1d6, Sense Motive +9+1d6

Darshan slogs through the water to catch up with the others. "How long should we wait before going in after chomper?"

Dark Archive

Male Half Elf Summoner 7 | HP 52/52 | AC19 (12T, 18F) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:7 R:6 W:8 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +3 | Perc. +2 | SM +1 | Spells: lvl1 5/6, lvl2 5/5 lvl3 2/2
Buffs:
Shield Ally

Shigeru stares blankly into the distance for a moment before speaking. "...Chomper says the area is clear. We can follow now." With that, he trudges after the outsider.

Scarab Sages

Female Samsaran Occultist/5
Stat Stuff:
HP: 35/35 l AC: 18(22), T: 11, FF: 17(21) l Fort: +8, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+2vs Death Effect, Negative Energy Effect, and Negative Levels) l Init: +1 l Perception: +9

Kenaku looks uncomfortable with the state of the water she's in, but swims lazily though it nonetheless. She stands once she gets on the other side of the gate, looking around quizically. Why would the have come all the way out here to place barrels? It seems... inconvenient.

Sovereign Court

M Human (Vudrani) Investigator/6 ; HP 39/39 ; AC 19, touch 14, flat 15 ; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 ; Init +3 ; Per. +9+1d6, Sense Motive +9+1d6

Darshan grimaces and slogs after Shigeru.

Scarab Sages

Consumables:
Unchained Rage 9/16
Stats:
Half-Elf U. Bar. 5|HP: 62/65(+10)|AC: 19/T:13/ FF: 19|F: +9*/R:+4*/W: +5*|CMB:+12*|CMD: 23|BAB: +5|Init:+4|LL Vision|Elven Imm.|Ling: +0||Per:+5/8|Climb:+5|Acr:+2|Swim:+8|K:Nat.:+2|K: P/H+5|Srv:+3|PFS#145296-2

The uncouth fellow sloshes forwards once more now that the party has somewhat regrouped, keeping the 'pillar' to his back as he pokes at the water in front of him while trying to secure the much more exposed flank.

Gotta love that x4 movement cost!

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

The party fans out, finding the caves quiet in the darkness, shifting shadows playing out as the light spells cast move with the Pathfinders. Little else appears besides the waterlogged barrels and crates in the marsh water.

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

Agraic can see the back wall of the cave, a number of rotting barrels half out of the water on a narrow strip of dry land. Shigeru is able to crawl over the barrels and rubble to join Chomper in the dry corner. Kensaku and Darshan remain wet.

Dark Archive

Male Half Elf Summoner 7 | HP 52/52 | AC19 (12T, 18F) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:7 R:6 W:8 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +3 | Perc. +2 | SM +1 | Spells: lvl1 5/6, lvl2 5/5 lvl3 2/2
Buffs:
Shield Ally

Shigeru surveys the areas as he catches up with his eidolon. "Hm. Not much seems to have survived the flooding down here. It's a shame, extra supplies are always useful." He ponders the situation. "How did those barrels get stacked up in front of this cave portion though? It's uphill here, so the flood wouldn't have pushed everything into the mouth. I doubt the undead would have bothered taking the time to stack it all up. There must be something special about this place that I'm missing."

Dark Archive

Eidolon HD 6 | HP 51/51 | AC24 (12T 22F) | CMB +11 CMD:25 | F:7 R:4 W:5 (+4W vs Enchant) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +8
Current Buffs:
Extended Mage Armor
Attacks:
4 claws w 10 ft reach; B/S/Magic; +15 to hit for 1d4+8; extra 1d4+11 rend on 2+ hits

"Over here, Geru." Chomper says as they wrap a tentacle around Shigeru's hand. They lead him over to the area open spot missing with the scuffed floor.

Dark Archive

Male Half Elf Summoner 7 | HP 52/52 | AC19 (12T, 18F) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:7 R:6 W:8 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +3 | Perc. +2 | SM +1 | Spells: lvl1 5/6, lvl2 5/5 lvl3 2/2
Buffs:
Shield Ally

"Oh! Good find, big guy!" Shiger exclaims. He rubs his hand through the eidolon's fuzz, eliciting a sound like the fizzing of champagne in response. He then begins searching the areas as carefully as he can for hidden passages that could have been used to escape the ghasts as he calls out. "Hello! Becher! Can you hear me!? Dalard sent us to help!"

Shigeru and Chomper take 20 to search for a 22 & 29, respectively.

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

The bonded pair quickly locates a hidden door in the back of the dry alcove. Kensaku is able to detect four magic auras within one of the less decrepit crates stored here. Investigation reveals a ring and set of bracers on top of a backpack, amid rotting and molded clothing. A vial in the pocket of the tattered trousers is the source of the final aura.

Beyond the door, a tunnel leads up and away from the cave, curving around as it rises. Clear footprints show some bog traveler has passed through some time ago. The party sees no danger in the old passage, following it a long distance in the dark, lit only by the Pathfinder's spells.

A cracked open door at the end of the tunnel permits entry into what looks to be an abandoned wine cellar, filled with decrepit wine racks and a single flight of rickety stairs. Across the cellar lays an injured man, propped against a stout chest. "Thank the gods you aren't those undead monsters. Beg yer pardon if I hope you're not the living type." he wheezes, before a racking cough robs him of further speech.

Scarab Sages

Consumables:
Unchained Rage 9/16
Stats:
Half-Elf U. Bar. 5|HP: 62/65(+10)|AC: 19/T:13/ FF: 19|F: +9*/R:+4*/W: +5*|CMB:+12*|CMD: 23|BAB: +5|Init:+4|LL Vision|Elven Imm.|Ling: +0||Per:+5/8|Climb:+5|Acr:+2|Swim:+8|K:Nat.:+2|K: P/H+5|Srv:+3|PFS#145296-2

Agraic steps in and tilts his head at the injured person's cryptic comment.

"We've got some healin' wi' us, we c'n try t' patch y' up and get you back on y'r feet again if y'd like? Want a drink?" The sometimes uncouth fellow starts digging through is pack to look for a small keg of ale.

Dark Archive

Male Half Elf Summoner 7 | HP 52/52 | AC19 (12T, 18F) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:7 R:6 W:8 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +3 | Perc. +2 | SM +1 | Spells: lvl1 5/6, lvl2 5/5 lvl3 2/2
Buffs:
Shield Ally

"As much as Cayden would be pleased with your adherence to his tennets, alcohol is not the friend of the injured, Agraic. Shigeru says dryly. "You are right about the healing, though. Kensaku, get out those scrolls and use them on these gentlemen. Use the cure moderate potion on that man over there as well. To the best of my knowledge no one here has died yet and it''s going to stay that way."

Dark Archive

Eidolon HD 6 | HP 51/51 | AC24 (12T 22F) | CMB +11 CMD:25 | F:7 R:4 W:5 (+4W vs Enchant) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +8
Current Buffs:
Extended Mage Armor
Attacks:
4 claws w 10 ft reach; B/S/Magic; +15 to hit for 1d4+8; extra 1d4+11 rend on 2+ hits

In response to a glance and telepathic command from the summoner, Chomper slips in ahead of the party and wraps a tentacle around the hips of the injured man on the stair. Ignoring any protests, they "help" the man back down to the landing and over to his friend.

Scarab Sages

Female Samsaran Occultist/5
Stat Stuff:
HP: 35/35 l AC: 18(22), T: 11, FF: 17(21) l Fort: +8, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+2vs Death Effect, Negative Energy Effect, and Negative Levels) l Init: +1 l Perception: +9

Kensaku distractedly examined the magic items, reading them for any information they may possess on their way down the dark hallway. When the man is found and orders begin flying, she dutifully looks for the the items mentioned by Shigeru and sets to work reading what the scrolls are and preparing the them for use.

When Chomper and Shigeru bring the man back her way she opens her procedure by attempting to activate her wand, pleased with herself when it glows in a white light and closes some of the wounds of the man.

After she does so she looks around confused before asking, Um... Shigeru? I only see one man here. Have you been sipping from Agraic's kegs when I wasn't looking? while she absently tries to force the wand to obey again, successfully coaxing it to release more healing energy.

UMD: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

UMD: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

Consumables:
Unchained Rage 9/16
Stats:
Half-Elf U. Bar. 5|HP: 62/65(+10)|AC: 19/T:13/ FF: 19|F: +9*/R:+4*/W: +5*|CMB:+12*|CMD: 23|BAB: +5|Init:+4|LL Vision|Elven Imm.|Ling: +0||Per:+5/8|Climb:+5|Acr:+2|Swim:+8|K:Nat.:+2|K: P/H+5|Srv:+3|PFS#145296-2

"'ey, my ale doesn't do that kind of thing! Don' be castin' aspers'ns on th' brew!" Agraic retorts with a bit of a huff. "I mean, it's not like it's Blue Whinnis or scorpion venom!"

He then turns his attention to the person that the party found conversationally.

"So, what's y'r story, guy? An' why are y' hoping we're not th' 'livin' type'?

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

The man struggles weakly against the tentacled grasp, before slumping back helplessly. "Judgin' by that question, you ain't with that wretch Grald. I'm Becher Railford, proprietor o' the Railford Distillery." The healing warmth brings a bit of color back to his pallor, but the coughing barely subsides. "I had to git the deed from out of this 'ere chest, but the monsters in the cave nearly did for me like the rest of the boys. Collapsed the tunnel on 'em to get away, before followin' the tunnel to this 'ere cottage. Gonna sneak in to the distillery through this 'ere other passage and steal a march on the bastards." He hooks a thumb at the far wall, and the party notices the outline of a matching secret door to the one they entered through. "Gotta find the key to the lock, and figure out how to deal with the trap the ol' man put on it. Can ya help me git on down that way? Still feelin' weak from that zombo attack."

Scarab Sages

Consumables:
Unchained Rage 9/16
Stats:
Half-Elf U. Bar. 5|HP: 62/65(+10)|AC: 19/T:13/ FF: 19|F: +9*/R:+4*/W: +5*|CMB:+12*|CMD: 23|BAB: +5|Init:+4|LL Vision|Elven Imm.|Ling: +0||Per:+5/8|Climb:+5|Acr:+2|Swim:+8|K:Nat.:+2|K: P/H+5|Srv:+3|PFS#145296-2

Agraic squats down and throws Becher into a 'fireman's carry'. If Becher allows it.

" 'graic Shieldarm, fol'r 'f Cayden an' we're 'ere fr' th' Pathfinder Society. Y'd be th' one we'd be sent t' talk t', then. Sounds like times a'wastin', so let's get a move-on, then?"

"Y'say trap an' key? Alrigh'. Not m' thin', but we'll get i' sor'ed ou'."

"Oh, righ'. Tha's 'saku, o'er there's Darsh'n, this's Shig'ru, an' th' tentacle buddy is Chompy. Don' le' appearances fool y', 'e's good people e'en if'n 'e don' like ale."

Sovereign Court

M Human (Vudrani) Investigator/6 ; HP 39/39 ; AC 19, touch 14, flat 15 ; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 ; Init +3 ; Per. +9+1d6, Sense Motive +9+1d6

Darshan waves when agraic mentions him. "I may be able to provide some assistance with the trap. Let's take a look at it."

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

Becher flails one hand as Agraic begins to hoist him up. "None of that now, I don't need ta be carried like no wedded nor like a sack of grain. Just let me lean on ya." With Agraic's help, the older man is able to open the secret door, revealing a tunnel similar to the last.

Darshan sees that the chest is locked with a fine quality padlock, and after only a moment he spies the glint of a sharp needle waiting to spring upon anyone that attemps to unlock it.

Sovereign Court

M Human (Vudrani) Investigator/6 ; HP 39/39 ; AC 19, touch 14, flat 15 ; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 ; Init +3 ; Per. +9+1d6, Sense Motive +9+1d6

"Let me see what I can do about this," Darshan says.

He pulls out a set of rather nice looking thieves' tools, and sets to trying to disable the trap.

Disable Device, including +2 for MW tools: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Assuming that worked, he will next try to unlock the chest. (If it didn't work, he will suffer.)

Disable Device, including +2 for MW tools: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

"Hmm. Give me a little longer with this lock; it's well made."

Disable Device, including +2 for MW tools: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Shaking his head, Darshan continues to work at the lock.

Disable Device, including +2 for MW tools: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Does that do it?

Scarab Sages

Consumables:
Unchained Rage 9/16
Stats:
Half-Elf U. Bar. 5|HP: 62/65(+10)|AC: 19/T:13/ FF: 19|F: +9*/R:+4*/W: +5*|CMB:+12*|CMD: 23|BAB: +5|Init:+4|LL Vision|Elven Imm.|Ling: +0||Per:+5/8|Climb:+5|Acr:+2|Swim:+8|K:Nat.:+2|K: P/H+5|Srv:+3|PFS#145296-2

The Caydenite does not persist in carrying the fella once he's certain about standing on his own with some leaning support.

"Alrigh'y. Y' seem'd a bit out of the wind, so I was tryin' t' help. All good."

However, when Darshan starts fiddling with the lock, the lunkhead pulls out his shield and stands protectively in front of Becher to prevent him getting killed by a trap going off.

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

Darshan is able to disarm the poisoned needle handily, finding the catch that locks it in place to disarm the spring. The lock clicks open after the third attempt, revealing the contents. A single sheet of parchment.

Scarab Sages

Consumables:
Unchained Rage 9/16
Stats:
Half-Elf U. Bar. 5|HP: 62/65(+10)|AC: 19/T:13/ FF: 19|F: +9*/R:+4*/W: +5*|CMB:+12*|CMD: 23|BAB: +5|Init:+4|LL Vision|Elven Imm.|Ling: +0||Per:+5/8|Climb:+5|Acr:+2|Swim:+8|K:Nat.:+2|K: P/H+5|Srv:+3|PFS#145296-2

"'zat wha' I think it is?"

Agraic inquires of the single sheet of paper, watching Becher and any other exits or entrances warily.

Sovereign Court

M Human (Vudrani) Investigator/6 ; HP 39/39 ; AC 19, touch 14, flat 15 ; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 ; Init +3 ; Per. +9+1d6, Sense Motive +9+1d6

Darshan will next inspect the inside of the chest to make sure it isn't trapped.

Perception take 10 plus inspiration: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

If it isn't, he'll lift out the parchment and look to see what's on it.

In case it matters:
Linguistics take 10 plus inspiration: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

Darshan doesn't see any traps, but does notice a false bottom to the chest under the parchment.

Sovereign Court

M Human (Vudrani) Investigator/6 ; HP 39/39 ; AC 19, touch 14, flat 15 ; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +6 ; Init +3 ; Per. +9+1d6, Sense Motive +9+1d6

"Ah hah!" he says. "It looks like there's another bottom to this chest!"

He tries to open or remove the false bottom.

(If necessary: Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30.)

Does the parchment have anything interesting on it?

Shadow Lodge

Way of the Kirin | Assault on the Wound | Waitlist

The parchment appears to be a legal document of sorts, across the top of which reads 'Official Deed of Ownership'. And as Darshan reads that (And fails his Will save.) he feels the great urge to claim the deed for his own!

251 to 300 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] TOZ's Decline of Glory Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.