Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PFS-PbP-Masters Of The Fallen Fortress

Game Master Ravenath

SOCIETY GAME


1 to 50 of 121 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

You are in Absalom, the mighty City at the Center of the World,
and you’ve always longed to explore one of the countless ruins of
failed conquerors that litter the plains outside the city’s walls.
You’ve heard rumors that one of the sealed siege castles has
been laid open by a minor earthquake. Word on the street is
that no one has yet entered the tower, which folks are calling the
“Fallen Fortress.” What better way to start a life of excitement
and adventure than by exploring its long-abandoned, dusty
halls and perhaps claiming its ancient treasures?

Flashback mode ON
One of the administrators of the Pathfinder Society is in front of you, in this office in Absolom.
-So what? Did you think you could meet one of the Grandmasters in your first mission? Ha! You have to prove you are worthy before that. And that's what you will try to do in this mission. -the administrator gets near a window and see as far as the other buildings let him see- You will go that way. I want you to infiltrate in one of the ruined fortress that help us centuries ago to repel our invaders. Now, all of that fortress are mere ruins, but could contain useful artefacts for the society. -then, he turns again to you- But you aren't there to retrieve treasures, beginners. You are there to retrieve Balenar Forsend, another beginner... but one that deserves our respect for what he has done for the Society up to now. He left Absalom heading one of the fortress, one that our sages call "The Fallen Fortress", because the ruined state result of the earthquake not long ago. Now, go! Retrieve it alive... if you can.
Flashback mode OFF

Grand Lodge

M Human Lore Oracle 1

Torgrimson stands nervously in the Absolom office. It's pretty clear that he's excited but not used to being around so many people. After receiving his orders he nods in an almost bird-like fashion and retreats from the room.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1 | INIT +2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 FF 15 Touch 12| F +5, R +2, W +0 | percep +1

How far away id this fortress sir? And anything special we should know about before we head out? Asks Eddy, his voice low and precise. Last thing we need is to run out of rations or supplies before we get there. Not to mention be caught off guard by anything...He looks side to side then raises an eye brow...unexpected.

Diplomacy, if needed:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Lantern Lodge

{HP 3/11 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD13 | F/R/W 2/2/2 | Inish +3 (Foresight) Per+0 SM+0}Male Human Wizard (Foresight) 1

"Allow me to see what I can recall..."

Knowledge rolls:

Geography: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Apparently not much


Sorry, guys. Flashback Mode On/Off means that the interview with the administrator is a flashback. Just to brief the mission assignment.

The ruined siege castle now being called the Fallen Fortress
rises out of the churned earth of the Cairnlands. No doors or
windows mar the otherwise smooth expanse of the tower’s
walls. The tower is quatrefoil in plan; its eastern wing has
largely collapsed, exposing the interior floors to the open
air. Only the topmost level seems whole, though its eastern
portion hangs precariously over the mountain of rubble left
by the collapse. At ground level, the rubble frames a gaping
hole in the side of the building that provides access to the
tower’s darkened interior.

Grand Lodge

M Human Lore Oracle 1

When the rest of the group is ready to approach the hole, Torgrimson casts light on his speartip and gingerly illuminates the interior of the tower.

"My eyes are pretty well adjusted for reading in some poorly lit libraries, but I believe most humans would find this help useful."

As a reminder to the group, Tor has the clouded vision curse so although he has 30ft of darkvision, he can only see 30ft in normal light too. So if there's an enemy 40ft away call his attention to it won't you?

GM:

Spoiler:
Can we just assume that Torgrimson will keep lighting his spear periodically so I don't have to guess when ten minutes are up?

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1 | INIT +2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 FF 15 Touch 12| F +5, R +2, W +0 | percep +1

Please ignore my first post
Thanks for the Light Torg.
Eddy steps closer to the hole to peer inside, staying near Torg incase of unwanted guests, no weapons are drawn however as it appears everything is deserted.

Perception:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Taldor

Male Dwarf Alchemist-1

Looking at the light he gives a smirk, "Now is there anything else you hummies need to feel more at home under there, haha!" He gives a good natured slap to Eddy's back or as close as he can reach hehe. He takes a look along side Eddy.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Qadira

Male dwarf cleric of Abadar 2 -- 9/22 hp; Init +1; AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 vs. giants); CMD 15; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6 (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, poison); Perception +8 (darkvision 60 ft.)

"Be on your guard, comrades. There's no telling what we might find lurking about in here after all these years..."

Thovar touches his holy symbol of Abadar, a key tied 'round his neck, and whispers a quick prayer: "Guide our path and protect us from harm, O Abadar, lord of wealth! Some treasure would be nice, too, of course. But of course you know that!" He steps up to the others, ready to venture forth. "I can see quite well in the dark. My watchful eyes will not fail us!"

Thovar casts guidance and peers about, seeing what there is to see.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Lantern Lodge

{HP 3/11 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD13 | F/R/W 2/2/2 | Inish +3 (Foresight) Per+0 SM+0}Male Human Wizard (Foresight) 1

"A moment before entering," Senken casts Detect Magic and does his own examination of the opening. If no auras are detected, he will summon his own light and tell the others to proceed.

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Grand Lodge

M Human Lore Oracle 1

Torgrimson continues inside the tower. Stopping about 10 feet from the entrance hole knocked into the wall. If the room they enter is larger than the 20ft of normal light provided by the light spell, Tor will cast light on a stone or something lying on the ground (thus extinguishing the light on his spear) and toss it about 20 feet ahead of him.

I won't bother rolling an attack roll since any square 15-20 feet away will do and I don't think even a PC with 10 Dex can miss the floor ;)


As soon as some of you enter the collapsed side of the fortress, you can ear some snarlings from the inside. Only Thovar could see it in the dark, but thanks to Senken, all of you can see it: a pack of 3 ravenous dogs, looking you as food from the darkness of the tower.

Combat mode.
This is the combat map: Combat map.
Initiatives, please.

Qadira

Male dwarf cleric of Abadar 2 -- 9/22 hp; Init +1; AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 vs. giants); CMD 15; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6 (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, poison); Perception +8 (darkvision 60 ft.)

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Lantern Lodge

{HP 3/11 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD13 | F/R/W 2/2/2 | Inish +3 (Foresight) Per+0 SM+0}Male Human Wizard (Foresight) 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

M Human Lore Oracle 1

Initiative
1d20 ⇒ 13

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1 | INIT +2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 FF 15 Touch 12| F +5, R +2, W +0 | percep +1

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Taldor

Male Dwarf Alchemist-1

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Ok, guys, start posting your actions. Remember, in this step you don't follow initiative order. Write your actions down as soon as possible. 24 hours later, I'll resolve your actions in initiative order.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1 | INIT +2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 FF 15 Touch 12| F +5, R +2, W +0 | percep +1

Eddy grabs the hilt of his flail and draws it out, steps up to the nearest dog and puts his whole weight into his mighty swing.

Heavy Flail Attack:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Lantern Lodge

{HP 3/11 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD13 | F/R/W 2/2/2 | Inish +3 (Foresight) Per+0 SM+0}Male Human Wizard (Foresight) 1

Round 1

Stat Block:

HP 11/11
AC 12 FF10 T12
F/R/W 2/2/2
Effects: None


Senken launches a crossbow bolt at the nearest dog he has a clear shot at.

Dice & Actions:

Attack nearest dog, preferably one not in melee
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Grand Lodge

M Human Lore Oracle 1

Tor steps closer and jabs clumsily at a dog.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Qadira

Male dwarf cleric of Abadar 2 -- 9/22 hp; Init +1; AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 vs. giants); CMD 15; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6 (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, poison); Perception +8 (darkvision 60 ft.)

Thovar draws his warhammer and shield and steps forward, ready to fight!

Taldor

Male Dwarf Alchemist-1

Keggen draws his crowbar and smashes the closes dog...

Crowbar strike:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
If able too.


Torgrimson steps closer and jabs clumsily at one of the dogs, killing it in one blow.

Senken gets a perfect spot to shot one of the other dogs before anyone can get near it and kill him precisely.

Thovar prepares himself with his warhammer and his shield and gets near the remaining dog. But Keggen tries to kill him before that. He can't manage to hit the fast dog.

Taking advantage of the dog's last dodge move, Eddy finish it with a big blow with his heavy flail.

The silent invades the place once again, with the dogs's bodies decorating the rubble.

Combat finished. Very good dice rolls, guys! Next move? This is your position: map

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1 | INIT +2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 FF 15 Touch 12| F +5, R +2, W +0 | percep +1

Eddy pears inside the dark hole, useing any bit of light he can. He keeps his flail at the ready in the event there are more dogs.

perception:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
As he looks around he does manage to look back at Keggan and say with a harty laugh, "Why dont you leave the actual fighting to those of us with the real weapons small stuff."

Qadira

Male dwarf cleric of Abadar 2 -- 9/22 hp; Init +1; AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 vs. giants); CMD 15; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6 (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, poison); Perception +8 (darkvision 60 ft.)

"Well done, friends!"

Thovar takes a look inside...

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Thovar sticks close to the front-liners as they move inside.

Grand Lodge

M Human Lore Oracle 1

Tor moves forward into the room from which the dogs emerged. He looks around for anything of note.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

He is, however, immediately distracted by an interesting line of inquiry regarding a separate hypothesis and begins mumbling to himself.

Lantern Lodge

{HP 3/11 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD13 | F/R/W 2/2/2 | Inish +3 (Foresight) Per+0 SM+0}Male Human Wizard (Foresight) 1

"Our victory was foretold, for we live to die in a greater battle yet. Let us march onward so we may meet it." Senken follows in with his own light spell, uttering an incantation to search for magical auras.

Cast Detect Magic and scan the room
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Taldor

Male Dwarf Alchemist-1

"Ha-Ha big man, I'll think about it." He chuckles at the big man. He moves over to the door and looks for traps.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


No light from the outside enters this room. And you wont do it either. The room is almost completely filled with rubble. You only find a few bones in the entrance of the room (maybe the last dinner for the dogs).

You can't enter this room. Is filled with rocks and rubble. So?

Qadira

Male dwarf cleric of Abadar 2 -- 9/22 hp; Init +1; AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 vs. giants); CMD 15; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6 (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, poison); Perception +8 (darkvision 60 ft.)

"Hmph, nothing here but rubble. It's such a shame when a building falls into ruin like this. Wasn't there another door out there?"

Let's go into room 2 on the map?

Grand Lodge

M Human Lore Oracle 1

After distractedly thudding into a wall of rubble, Tor looks around sheepishly. "I guess I should go the other way."

Quickly renewing the light spell on the spear tip, To moves into the room to the north and looks around.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

If the group doesn't find anything of note here, Tor will lead the way into the next room, too. He will not approach the door to the stairwell until someone's checked it for traps.

Taldor

Male Dwarf Alchemist-1

Keggen will move towards the stairwell and checks it for traps. "Let me take a look lad, I know a few tricks to deal wit devices."

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1 | INIT +2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 FF 15 Touch 12| F +5, R +2, W +0 | percep +1

"Hmm..."Eddy surveys what is left of the building as the party tries to enter the north room. "Well my friends, I'd hate to say it, but there really only appears to be one way to enter this building." As he says this, he is studying the broken wall leading to the second floor.

Perception on wall to climb up:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


The northern wing of the tower seems to have escaped the
worst effects of the collapse, but rubble still litters the floor
and everything is covered in a thick layer of stone dust. Thick
cobwebs cloak the ceiling and hang down the walls like gossamer
tapestries. A single archway stands open in the southwest wall.

When all of you are in, you listen a sound that freezes the blood in your veins.
Web falling from the ceiling: 1d20 ⇒ 1
A spider web falls from the ceiling, but nobody get stangled by it. Thanks to the light spell, you can see a giant spider in the ceiling, with his 8 eyes looking at you with hunger.
Ok, guys, initiatives and first round actions, please. You didn't notice that giant spider with your perception checks.
Your enemy's photo
Combat map

Qadira

Male dwarf cleric of Abadar 2 -- 9/22 hp; Init +1; AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 vs. giants); CMD 15; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6 (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, poison); Perception +8 (darkvision 60 ft.)

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Thovar steps back from the spider and casts guidance on himself, waiting until it comes down from the ceiling before trying to attack.

Taldor

Male Dwarf Alchemist-1

Init:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Keggen moves forward and gripping his crowbar, then strikes the spider.

Crowbar attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grand Lodge

M Human Lore Oracle 1

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Tor is startled by the sudden appearance of the spider. He kind of hates bugs. They tend to ruin books.

He casts Bless to ensure that his companions can quickly vanquish the creature.

Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Lantern Lodge

{HP 3/11 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD13 | F/R/W 2/2/2 | Inish +3 (Foresight) Per+0 SM+0}Male Human Wizard (Foresight) 1

Round 1

Stats:

HP 11/11
AC 12 FF10 T12
F/R/W 2/2/2
Effects: Bless?

Senken summons an icy beam to strike the spider before backing away from it. "I portend only death for this creature. Let us end it quickly."

Dice & Actions:

Standard to cast Ray of Frost at the spider, move to retreat south to wall.

Inish: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Touch AC, add 1 if Bless goes off before me.
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1 | INIT +2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 FF 15 Touch 12| F +5, R +2, W +0 | percep +1

[b]"Well this seams like a sticky situation!" Eddy exclaims as he rushes toward the Spider ready to strike when it comes into distance.
Move to sqaure on Right side of Tovar, Ready Standard Action to strike at Spider if/when it moves within range.

INIT:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Heavy Flail:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Add one(1) if Bless is cast first, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

stats:

AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15
hp 14/14


Torgrimson reacts very fast to the spider's attack. He cast "bless" and his hands refulge with sacred energy that expands to his comrades.

Keggen readies his crossbow and shots a precise shoot at the spider, impacting his huge body. This is the first time you ear a big spider's screech.

Senken conjures his arcane energies and throw an ice bolt to the spider, but the bug reacts at time and dodge the attack.

Eddy readies his action while the spider decides to get down the ceiling.

Thovar decides to wait the spider, but he makes a sign with his hand, focusing his mind in the next attack.

The spider counterattacks against Keggen, throwing him a web.
1d20 ⇒ 18

Initiative order:
Thorgrimson - 20
Keggen - 9
Senken - 7
Eddy - 4
Thovar - 2
Spider
Only Keggen impacts the spider.


Torgrimson reacts very fast to the spider's attack. He cast "bless" and his hands refulge with sacred energy that expands to his comrades.

Keggen readies his crossbow and shots a precise shoot at the spider, impacting his huge body. This is the first time you ear a big spider's screech.

Senken conjures his arcane energies and throw an ice bolt to the spider, but the bug reacts at time and dodge the attack.

Eddy readies his action while the spider decides to get down the ceiling.

Thovar decides to wait the spider, but he makes a sign with his hand, focusing his mind in the next attack.

The spider counterattacks against Keggen, throwing him a web... and impact!
1d20 ⇒ 9
Keggen, you are entangled. You can scape with a standard action scape artist or strength check (this one at -4).

The spider gets near Keggen, his new lunch, and climbs down the wall nearest him.

Initiative order:
Thorgrimson - 20
Keggen - 9
Senken - 7
Eddy - 4
Thovar - 2
Spider
Only Keggen impacts the spider. Only the spider moves.
The new map
Round 2! Actions!

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1 | INIT +2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 FF 15 Touch 12| F +5, R +2, W +0 | percep +1

Eddy quickly races over next to the spider and swings his Flail against the creatures Carapace

Flail:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Stats:
AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15
hp 14/14

Grand Lodge

M Human Lore Oracle 1

Tor moves over towards the right hand wall, trying to set up a flank if the spider moves forward and stabs forward with his long spear.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Don't forget to add +1 to your attacks from bless, gents.

Status:
HP 10/10
Bless 1/10
Lvl 1 spells 1/4

Lantern Lodge

{HP 3/11 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD13 | F/R/W 2/2/2 | Inish +3 (Foresight) Per+0 SM+0}Male Human Wizard (Foresight) 1

Senken unleashed another ray of frost.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d3 ⇒ 1

Qadira

Male dwarf cleric of Abadar 2 -- 9/22 hp; Init +1; AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 vs. giants); CMD 15; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6 (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, poison); Perception +8 (darkvision 60 ft.)

Thovar attacks the spider with his warhammer, feeling the guidance and blessing of the gods in his swing.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Taldor

Male Dwarf Alchemist-1

The dwarven brewer fights with the web trying to free himself.

Str Check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


As soon as the Spider climb down the wall, Torgrimson sticks the spear deeply in his back. The spider screem again, spiting violet blood between his ugly jaws.

Keggen sees the fight just besides him, trying to get free from the web, but he doesn't manage to.

Senken concentrates his arcane energies and fires another ray of frost to the spider, striking only in one leg.

Eddy runs against the spider and makes an incredibly precise blow that finishes of the spider, which fall dead on the floor.

Keggen gets free from the web while staring the spider, looking for any final move.

The party continues to the west gate, Keggen looking for traps. All clear. But he sees a small cocoon holding the remains of an unfortunate dog. The desiccated carcass is still wearing its leather collar, which is studded with lapis lazuli stones and has a silver tag reading “Kita.” The collar might be valuable.

The party enters the western room and finds it almost completely full of rubble. A door in the center of the tower is open and you can say a spiral starecase that goes up to the second floor, and down to the catacombs. Sadly, all the space in the staircase is ocupied by big blocks of stone, that impedes you to use it to explore the upper floors.

So, the only way appears to be climbing the outside wall.

Please, climb checks for everyone.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1 | INIT +2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 FF 15 Touch 12| F +5, R +2, W +0 | percep +1

"Well that was fun."Eddy says as he wipes the blood off his flail. He walks back outside, putting away his flail, and looks at the wall for some kind of support grips then at the rest of the party. "Anyone bring the rope?"

climb:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Lantern Lodge

{HP 3/11 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD13 | F/R/W 2/2/2 | Inish +3 (Foresight) Per+0 SM+0}Male Human Wizard (Foresight) 1

"I do have some rope, but I doubt my ability to traverse this wall unaided. If someone more skilled were to attempt it, it would be appreciated."

1 to 50 of 121 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS-Masters Of The Fallen Fortress (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.