Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS PbP Gameday 6] GM Harker Presents #4-16 The Fabric of Reality (Inactive)

Game Master Justin L. Warren

Current Map


1 to 50 of 220 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Chapter 20: The Fabric of Reality

Grand Lodge

Prepared Spells:
0 (DC13):Detct Mag, GhstSnd, Prestdn, Rd Mag || 1 (DC14):Burning Hands, Exp Retreat, Hydraulic Push, Shocking Grasp, Vanish || 2 (DC15):Glitterdust, Cat's Grace, Mirror Image
Male Elf | Magus 6 / Rogue 1 |HP: 48/48 | AC18(22) T 13 FF 15(19) | F+6 R+7 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16 | Speed 30

Dot

Scarab Sages

tracked resources:
advice 7/10, ki 7/9
| Per +20 | F/R/W 10/10/12 | CMD 22 Human 7.2 Monk (sensei/Ki mystic) HP: 48/48 | AC 18 (MA 22) (MA + CW 31) | TCH 17 | FF 17 | Init +7

Polka dot


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Arriving in the city of Goka in Tian Xia, your group is directed to the headquarters of the Lantern Lodge and ushered into a meeting room adjacent to the lodge's well-stocked library.

A table of polished teakwood dominates the middle of this room. Around it sits a number of padded chairs. A handsome Tian woman, dressed in a simple silk dress, sits at the head of the table, which you quickly recognize as former Venture-Captain Amara Li.

”Thank you for coming, Pathfinders.” she says softly after gesturing for you all to sit. ”Let me first get this out of the way, I am assisting the Society in this mission to continue to foster a mutually beneficial spirit of cooperation. I will not be returning to the Society in an active role otherwise.”

”Now to business. As I’m sure you know, the Society came into possession of the now infamous Hao Jin Tapestry after winning the Ruby Phoenix Tournament last year. This magical tapestry contains a demiplane, one in which the ancient sorcerer Hao Jin placed a vast collection of treasures and magical wonders. The Society has been sending Pathfinder teams into the demiplane for months, mapping its locations and cataloging a staggering number of incredible finds.”

“During the course of these expeditions, we uncovered a secret entrance—backdoor, if you will—that links the tapestry with a site in distant Varisia. Aspis Consortium agents bent on plundering the demiplane secretly exploited this entry point. However, thanks to a daring band of Pathfinders, the Society took control of the Varisian entrance.”

“We hoped to use the tapestry as an instantaneous method of traveling between Absalom and Varisia, but the route to Varisia is currently only one-way. The Decemvirate wants to change this.”

Amara pauses as the Temple of Abadar’s bells mark the midday hour. As the twelfth bell sounds, a thin, middle-aged Keleshite man appears out of nowhere standing next to her, carrying what appears to be a rolled-up rug over one shoulder

”Greetings,” he says sharply. “I am Aram Zey, and this—,” he says as he unrolls the rug and attaches it to the wall, “—is the Hao Jin Tapestry.”

“As the former Venture-Captain was saying, the Society needs the link between Absalom and Varisia to work in both directions. I believe it’s possible to re-attune the tapestry by accessing a site called the Sacred Shrine of Abadar at the very heart of the demiplane. After much research, I believe that the instructions are documented in a tome called the Abysium Codex. With it, you should be able to re-attune the tapestry and allow us to travel to and from Absalom and Varisia at will. After we’ve achieved that, we can establish our own permanent portals in points all over Golarion where we need quick access to. Just imagine having rapid, two-way travel from wherever the tapestry is held to points all over the world.”

“First thing’s first: we need you to retrieve the Abysium Codex,” interjects Amara Li. “You’ll find it in the possession of a woman named Shadow Orchid, who operates a bookshop called the Learned Crane here in Goka. But be wary, Pathfinders. Though Shadow Orchid is very old and feeble, she is a former Xun assassin—a master of the art of murder.”

"Any questions?" Aram Zey asks with a barely restraint look of annoyance.

There are no Knowledge checks to make here at the start. We'll begin the scenario in earnest once everyone checks in or on Thursday, whichever comes first.

Grand Lodge

Prepared Spells:
0 (DC13):Detct Mag, GhstSnd, Prestdn, Rd Mag || 1 (DC14):Burning Hands, Exp Retreat, Hydraulic Push, Shocking Grasp, Vanish || 2 (DC15):Glitterdust, Cat's Grace, Mirror Image
Male Elf | Magus 6 / Rogue 1 |HP: 48/48 | AC18(22) T 13 FF 15(19) | F+6 R+7 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16 | Speed 30

"are we stealing the book or just buying it? "

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 3
Spoiler:
| AC 15, T 15, FF 10 |HP: 31/31 | F +3, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath) | Init +6, Perc +11 |CMB +7 CMD 21| 10/10 Prescience 1/1 Arcane Bond

"What else do we know about this Shadow Orchid?" Asks a tall, athletically-built Elf with platinum hair, turquoise eyes, a stunning panoply of quintessentially Elven-looking weapons, and an elegant silver spellbook at his side. "What difficulty should we expect in acquiring this book, and how might we circumvent it?"

Dark Archive

hp 59/59 | AC 16 t. 12 ff. 14 | CMD 16 | F +7 R +7 W +6 (inmune to sleep, +2 vs enchantments) | (L1: 4/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 1/3 Sm: 10/10 Timelost Chronicler: 1/1) | Senses Low-light +0 (Coco darkvision 60' +8)
Skills:
Diplomacy+7,Bluff+7,H.Animal+10,K.Arcana+5,K.Planes+5,K.Local+5,Linguistics +8,K.nature+5,Stealth+1,Sense motives-1,Spellcraft+10,Use Magic Device+19,Concentration+15
Male Half-elf Summoner 7 | -

"How does the Codex look like?" Vailis looks with curiosity at the new elf in the squad "I mean, they have tried to trick us multiple times as of late, I would no like this book to end similarly"

"Also, will you show us the exact location of the Learned Crane? What kind of business is it? Are we allowed to accept further tasks on name of Orchid?" the half-elf becomes a bit worried at this point "I do not want to end charged to assassinate an enemy of the Xuns in order to recover the book"

Vailis closes up on the Tapestry and inspects it with great interest "That's a great idea. About using it for transport I mean. I would like to have an idea to the Codex myself, even more than getting money for this task"

Silver Crusade

Female LG Gnome Paladin/Life Oracle 4/3 - HP 63 AC 25/T:13/FF:24 - Perception: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision - Fort: +13, Ref: +9, Will: +11 +2 vs. illusions and death - CMB: +9, CMD 20 - Speed 15 ft. - Init. +1

"I'm sure we can figure something out"

preparing honeyed tongue instead of challenge evil

-Posted with Wayfinder


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

"If Shadow Orchid isn't willing to negotiate for Codex, then you are authorized to use all necessary force to obtain it." Zey answers the first question from Melufiuos.

Amara Li fields Zeno's questions next, "Shadow Orchid is a female elf and a Xun assassin. She once was a notorious assassin of the Golden League, though she’s been retired for over a century. We believe she assassinated Hao Jin—leading to one of the Ruby Phoenix’s many rebirth —several centuries before Hao Jin’s final disappearance, and then absconded with the Abysium Codex. As a Xun, Shadow Orchid may have lived several reincarnated lives prior to this one. I'm afraid all we currently know is that she still possesses the Codex and keeps it in the building, I cannot give you more specifics on the dangers you may face there."

Aram Zey then takes the lead for Vailis' inquiries, "You'll be given the exact location of the building, it won't be difficult to find. It is a bookshop that supposedly specializes in rare books. Do whatever you need to do to get the Abysium Codex as long as it doesn't run counter to the Society's goals. As for a description of the book itself, it’s a heavy tome with pages made from sheets of hammered abysium, a blue-green skymetal known for its mystical properties. Be cautious, and try to limit direct contact with the book, for abysium has been known to sicken those who have prolonged exposure with the substance."

Grand Lodge

Female Varisian cleric of Pharasma 7 | AC 21, T 10, FF 21 | HP -4/52 | F +8, R +4, W +12 | CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +16 | Channel 4/4 | Eerie Sense 60 ft

"Who or what are the Xun?" Ophelia asks, "and what do you mean by abysium sickening those who touch it?"


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

"Sickened such as a general malaise. If there's any diseases involved I'm not aware of it." Zey replies to Ophelia.

Amara Li then answers Ophelia's other question, "The Xun are the tattooed assassins and soldiers of the Golden League—remorseless specialists in murder and intrigue. Their tattoos depict all manner of mythical monsters, and it’s said that when a Xun dies, she immediately reincarnates as the creature painted on her body."

Once Valik signals he's ready, we'll move on.

Dark Archive

hp 59/59 | AC 16 t. 12 ff. 14 | CMD 16 | F +7 R +7 W +6 (inmune to sleep, +2 vs enchantments) | (L1: 4/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 1/3 Sm: 10/10 Timelost Chronicler: 1/1) | Senses Low-light +0 (Coco darkvision 60' +8)
Skills:
Diplomacy+7,Bluff+7,H.Animal+10,K.Arcana+5,K.Planes+5,K.Local+5,Linguistics +8,K.nature+5,Stealth+1,Sense motives-1,Spellcraft+10,Use Magic Device+19,Concentration+15
Male Half-elf Summoner 7 | -

"I think I got it" Vailis turns to Zeno then and makes a small reverence "Allow me to present myself. Vailis Zorch, searcher of the planes. I believe we have not had the opportunity to met before. Are you settled here in Goka?"

Vailis is ready and can leave whenever the group feels so inclined.

Grand Lodge

Prepared Spells:
0 (DC13):Detct Mag, GhstSnd, Prestdn, Rd Mag || 1 (DC14):Burning Hands, Exp Retreat, Hydraulic Push, Shocking Grasp, Vanish || 2 (DC15):Glitterdust, Cat's Grace, Mirror Image
Male Elf | Magus 6 / Rogue 1 |HP: 48/48 | AC18(22) T 13 FF 15(19) | F+6 R+7 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16 | Speed 30

Mel is gonna buy a scroll of knock and see invisible

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Prepared Spells:
0 (DC13):Detct Mag, GhstSnd, Prestdn, Rd Mag || 1 (DC14):Burning Hands, Exp Retreat, Hydraulic Push, Shocking Grasp, Vanish || 2 (DC15):Glitterdust, Cat's Grace, Mirror Image
Male Elf | Magus 6 / Rogue 1 |HP: 48/48 | AC18(22) T 13 FF 15(19) | F+6 R+7 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16 | Speed 30

forgot to mention
When the party sees Mel, they notice something odd (odder?) about him. There is now a very large and colorful parrot perched atop his head. He introduces her as Lady Beltona. Periodically he tries to brush her off to his shoulder, but it doesn't last. In no time she is back on his head.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 3
Spoiler:
| AC 15, T 15, FF 10 |HP: 31/31 | F +3, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath) | Init +6, Perc +11 |CMB +7 CMD 21| 10/10 Prescience 1/1 Arcane Bond
Vailis wrote:
"I think I got it" Vailis turns to Zeno then and makes a small reverence "Allow me to present myself. Vailis Zorch, searcher of the planes. I believe we have not had the opportunity to met before. Are you settled here in Goka?"

"Settled? Here? No. I'm from Kyonin. But I wander. Like most any good Pathfinder."

Scarab Sages

tracked resources:
advice 7/10, ki 7/9
| Per +20 | F/R/W 10/10/12 | CMD 22 Human 7.2 Monk (sensei/Ki mystic) HP: 48/48 | AC 18 (MA 22) (MA + CW 31) | TCH 17 | FF 17 | Init +7

Valik moves from the corner where he stood silent, stoic, taking it all in. A single eyebrow raises at the overgrown pigeon perched on Mel's shoulder. He focuses on the current task at hand.

Hmm...interesting indeed. Trading with a "known" assassin is peculiar to say the least. I just hope the ends will justify the means of obtaining the information. Do we need any special carrying case for the Codex, to limit exposure to it? Is Shadow Orchid expecting us?


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

"A carrying case sounds like a good idea, although we don't have any suggestions what would be best. Shadow Orchid will not be expecting you." Amara Li replies to Valik.

* * *

After finishing your mission briefing and taking a small detour for Melufiuos to go scroll shopping, the group heads to the Learned Crane. Arriving at your destination, you see that the building is a three-story stone building located at the end of a long, twisting alleyway in the heart of Goka. A simple wooden sign over the door has some words written in Tien under a silhouette of a crane standing atop and open book. Upon entering you see that though adequately illuminated, this bookshop feels gloomy and somewhat claustrophobic. There are many tables holding piles of books and several bookshelves that stretch from floor to ceiling. The entire east wall is a single bookcase, completely filled with books.

Sitting in at a desk against the north wall is an aged but graceful appearing elf with jet black hair worn up and piercing white eyes, wearing a simple black silk robe and sandals. A young human man sits at a desk in the south leafing through a book.

As you enter the elf woman stands up and bows formally, before addressing you in Taldean, "I welcome you to my humble shop. How may I be of service?"

Here is a link to the new map. Shadow Orchid is represented by an old human woman.

Silver Crusade

Female LG Gnome Paladin/Life Oracle 4/3 - HP 63 AC 25/T:13/FF:24 - Perception: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision - Fort: +13, Ref: +9, Will: +11 +2 vs. illusions and death - CMB: +9, CMD 20 - Speed 15 ft. - Init. +1

before entering the shop, Quiella will cast honeyed tongue

do any of us speak Taldean? If not, Quiella will greet the woman in common

-Posted with Wayfinder


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Taldean is Common.


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

I see that I've been misspelling it, my apologies. It should be Taldane, but that's still just another name for the Common language on Golarion.

Dark Archive

hp 59/59 | AC 16 t. 12 ff. 14 | CMD 16 | F +7 R +7 W +6 (inmune to sleep, +2 vs enchantments) | (L1: 4/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 1/3 Sm: 10/10 Timelost Chronicler: 1/1) | Senses Low-light +0 (Coco darkvision 60' +8)
Skills:
Diplomacy+7,Bluff+7,H.Animal+10,K.Arcana+5,K.Planes+5,K.Local+5,Linguistics +8,K.nature+5,Stealth+1,Sense motives-1,Spellcraft+10,Use Magic Device+19,Concentration+15
Male Half-elf Summoner 7 | -

Vailis stretches his eyes looking at the unexpected human. He makes a sign to his companions for them to be careful.

Answering in Chelish the half-elf greets back the elven woman "Greetings Shadow Orchid. We were told this is the best place in Goka to find specially unusual books. I am actually interested to collect books made in strange skymetal alloys and some people pointed out you might have some"
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 +1 vs Andoran citizens


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

I'll assume Vailis is speaking in the Common tongue. According to this, there isn't a Chelish language.

"Strange alloys? I must apologize, but I am not a purveyor of such items. May I ask why would travelers like you be looking for such things?"

GM Screen:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Grand Lodge

Prepared Spells:
0 (DC13):Detct Mag, GhstSnd, Prestdn, Rd Mag || 1 (DC14):Burning Hands, Exp Retreat, Hydraulic Push, Shocking Grasp, Vanish || 2 (DC15):Glitterdust, Cat's Grace, Mirror Image
Male Elf | Magus 6 / Rogue 1 |HP: 48/48 | AC18(22) T 13 FF 15(19) | F+6 R+7 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16 | Speed 30

"duh, how often do you find books made of metal, let alone freaky metal? "

Aid bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The parrot rolls her eyes and pecks at his left ear, sharply.
-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Female LG Gnome Paladin/Life Oracle 4/3 - HP 63 AC 25/T:13/FF:24 - Perception: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision - Fort: +13, Ref: +9, Will: +11 +2 vs. illusions and death - CMB: +9, CMD 20 - Speed 15 ft. - Init. +1

hmm, not quite sure how to react at this point.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

At Melufiuos' statement, the elf woman just stares at him blankly, although it could be due to the parrot on his head.

Dark Archive

hp 59/59 | AC 16 t. 12 ff. 14 | CMD 16 | F +7 R +7 W +6 (inmune to sleep, +2 vs enchantments) | (L1: 4/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 1/3 Sm: 10/10 Timelost Chronicler: 1/1) | Senses Low-light +0 (Coco darkvision 60' +8)
Skills:
Diplomacy+7,Bluff+7,H.Animal+10,K.Arcana+5,K.Planes+5,K.Local+5,Linguistics +8,K.nature+5,Stealth+1,Sense motives-1,Spellcraft+10,Use Magic Device+19,Concentration+15
Male Half-elf Summoner 7 | -

Sense Motives: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
Vailis avert his eyes "We have been badly informed, or perhaps we came in a bad moment..." he looks back at the other human in the room "...and we should better leave you some time to think about such an item?"


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

The older elf appears completely forthright to Vailis, while the man in the chair continues to be lost in his reading. The elf replies, "I am sorry that I cannot be of help. Have a pleasant day."

GM Screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Dark Archive

hp 59/59 | AC 16 t. 12 ff. 14 | CMD 16 | F +7 R +7 W +6 (inmune to sleep, +2 vs enchantments) | (L1: 4/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 1/3 Sm: 10/10 Timelost Chronicler: 1/1) | Senses Low-light +0 (Coco darkvision 60' +8)
Skills:
Diplomacy+7,Bluff+7,H.Animal+10,K.Arcana+5,K.Planes+5,K.Local+5,Linguistics +8,K.nature+5,Stealth+1,Sense motives-1,Spellcraft+10,Use Magic Device+19,Concentration+15
Male Half-elf Summoner 7 | -

"Oh, that's ok, I understand..." Vailis looks at the libraries around "Given we are already here... perhaps we will have a look on your rarity books anyway"

The half-elf then moves to the eastern library without waiting for any response and starts checking the shelf for the book.
Perception (shall we roll a knowledge instead?): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 3
Spoiler:
| AC 15, T 15, FF 10 |HP: 31/31 | F +3, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath) | Init +6, Perc +11 |CMB +7 CMD 21| 10/10 Prescience 1/1 Arcane Bond

Zeno wards himself against harm before entering the shop...

I use my mage armor wand and cast false life.

false life: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

...and has since been busy looking around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Anyone want to aid?

He also tries to surreptitiously snoop out any poisons that may be in this unlikely assassin's den.

Scarab Sages

tracked resources:
advice 7/10, ki 7/9
| Per +20 | F/R/W 10/10/12 | CMD 22 Human 7.2 Monk (sensei/Ki mystic) HP: 48/48 | AC 18 (MA 22) (MA + CW 31) | TCH 17 | FF 17 | Init +7

Valik will chug is mags armor potion before entering the shop. He peruses the various shelves as well, being nonchalant.

auto succeed perception checks


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Those looking around the shop see a number of books in a variety of languages, but few seem of any real value except to those interested in their respective topics of esoterica. There does not appear to be any books composed of skymetal, in any event. Both Zeno and Valik hear the very faint rhythm of a conversation going on up the stairs, but can't make out any of the words.

While looking around, Zeno casts Detect Poison but does not find any in the room.

A vague look of concern creases the woman's brow as the group proceeds to look around, and she appears to note Zeno casting a spell, "Unless there is a specific item you are interested in, I think it would best if you left."

With that, the man who was reading stands up and glowers at your group, the kukri in his belt now visible.

GM Screen:

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

Silver Crusade

Female LG Gnome Paladin/Life Oracle 4/3 - HP 63 AC 25/T:13/FF:24 - Perception: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision - Fort: +13, Ref: +9, Will: +11 +2 vs. illusions and death - CMB: +9, CMD 20 - Speed 15 ft. - Init. +1

Quiella looks between the faces of the shop inhabitants. How do I defuse this one?

"I think there's been a misunderstanding here. We're looking for an ancient codex. We believe you were the last to possess it. Do you have any clues as to how we might be able to obtain it?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
rolling twice for honeyed tongue
diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
that's what I get for not just taking 10. :-(
This spell would be much better if it was compatible with that mechanic...

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

hp 59/59 | AC 16 t. 12 ff. 14 | CMD 16 | F +7 R +7 W +6 (inmune to sleep, +2 vs enchantments) | (L1: 4/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 1/3 Sm: 10/10 Timelost Chronicler: 1/1) | Senses Low-light +0 (Coco darkvision 60' +8)
Skills:
Diplomacy+7,Bluff+7,H.Animal+10,K.Arcana+5,K.Planes+5,K.Local+5,Linguistics +8,K.nature+5,Stealth+1,Sense motives-1,Spellcraft+10,Use Magic Device+19,Concentration+15
Male Half-elf Summoner 7 | -

"There is no reason to get that concerned" tries Vailis to appease "Can we have a look at the library upstairs?"
Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The half-elf notes the kukri and looks back menacingly "You do not want to do that my friend"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Grand Lodge

Prepared Spells:
0 (DC13):Detct Mag, GhstSnd, Prestdn, Rd Mag || 1 (DC14):Burning Hands, Exp Retreat, Hydraulic Push, Shocking Grasp, Vanish || 2 (DC15):Glitterdust, Cat's Grace, Mirror Image
Male Elf | Magus 6 / Rogue 1 |HP: 48/48 | AC18(22) T 13 FF 15(19) | F+6 R+7 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16 | Speed 30

At Vallis words, Mel rests his hand on his rapier and rises to the balls of his feet.
Aid intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Female LG Gnome Paladin/Life Oracle 4/3 - HP 63 AC 25/T:13/FF:24 - Perception: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision - Fort: +13, Ref: +9, Will: +11 +2 vs. illusions and death - CMB: +9, CMD 20 - Speed 15 ft. - Init. +1

so that's a 26 to diplomacy with the old lady, followed by a 24 to intimidate the young kid... Not sure how that's going to play out...

-Posted with Wayfinder


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

"Oh, now I understand. That particular item isn't for sell..." The elven woman trails off then as Vailis and Melufiuos attempt to intimidate the man with the kukri. She sighs and whistles loudly as she places herself in a combat stance. "I'd have to kill you eventually anyway, I suppose."

Taking the advantage, she chops her hand at Vailis' neck in an attempt to instantly kill him by cutting off his aorta. Sadly for her, but fortunate for Vailis, he is aware that she's an assassin so he moves just enough to avoid almost dying. He does, however, take some injury. Afterwards she moves to the other side of the room. Vailis takes 13 damage from the attack.

Showing some concern for Vailis and Melufiuos, the man with the kukri moves back 5 feet while drawing a tanglefoot bag and tosses it at Quiella. Despite her being a flat-foot target, in his excitement he overthrows the bag and it covers the desk in the corner with tar and resin.

Three more men armed with kukris quickly make their way downstairs, two of them placing themselves to the southeast of the woman, while the third stays in the stairwell and throws a tanglefoot bag at Valik. It too misses, landing at the feet of Vailis and exploding harmless on the ground.

Here is another link to the map in case you missed it the first time.

The bookcases in the northeast provide total cover, so Shadow Orchid is currently protected from ranged and reach attacks unless you move to shoot/attack her without a bookcase in the way.

PC Initiative
Melufiuos' Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Ophelia's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Quiella's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Vailis' Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Valik's Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Zeno Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

GM Screen:

Shadow Orchid Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Thugs: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Shadow Orchid Assassination Attempt: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Sneak Attack: 1d8 - 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) - 2 + (5, 6, 1) = 13
Tanglefoot Bag Q: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Miss Square: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Tanglefoot Bag V: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 = 15
Miss Square: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Initiative (Round 1)
Shadow Orchid
4 Thugs
Melufiuos <= Up
Zeno <= Up
Valik <= Up
Ophelia <= Up
Vailis [13 Damage] <= Up
Quiella <= Up

Everyone is up!

Dark Archive

hp 59/59 | AC 16 t. 12 ff. 14 | CMD 16 | F +7 R +7 W +6 (inmune to sleep, +2 vs enchantments) | (L1: 4/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 1/3 Sm: 10/10 Timelost Chronicler: 1/1) | Senses Low-light +0 (Coco darkvision 60' +8)
Skills:
Diplomacy+7,Bluff+7,H.Animal+10,K.Arcana+5,K.Planes+5,K.Local+5,Linguistics +8,K.nature+5,Stealth+1,Sense motives-1,Spellcraft+10,Use Magic Device+19,Concentration+15
Male Half-elf Summoner 7 | -

Vailis makes his hands to the neck just in time to barely avoiding being assassinated "You, crazy bastard!"

"This does not need to go this way Orchid!" the half-elf makes an effort to move into the desk. He then produces a small shovel focus from his pouch and looks at the new men with a smile "Bad timing for you", the summoner conjures an extraplanar hole with create pit under them three.
Ref 20 or fall 30'
Black area is the square affected. Grey transparent are the edges where a new roll is needed (with a +2 to the save) if ending there the turn

"Let's stop this before someone gets killed Orchid. Surrender, release the book and we are all done" suggests Vailis.

HP 46/59


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Vailis casts Create Pit, forming an extradimensional hole under three of the four thugs. Two of them jump to safety, while the third falls 30 feet and lands on his back.

The one with the tattoos went up the stairs and is not currently visible.

GM Screen:

Tats Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Headband Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Dagger Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Fall Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 6) = 15

"I assassinated Hao Jin herself to procure that book. I'm not going to surrender it to pigs like you." Shadow Orchid replies to Vailis, sounding offended at the very notion.

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 3
Spoiler:
| AC 15, T 15, FF 10 |HP: 31/31 | F +3, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath) | Init +6, Perc +11 |CMB +7 CMD 21| 10/10 Prescience 1/1 Arcane Bond

Zeno sighs gently, then imbues his trusty bow with extradimensional power, causing it to thrum with force.

Grand Lodge

Prepared Spells:
0 (DC13):Detct Mag, GhstSnd, Prestdn, Rd Mag || 1 (DC14):Burning Hands, Exp Retreat, Hydraulic Push, Shocking Grasp, Vanish || 2 (DC15):Glitterdust, Cat's Grace, Mirror Image
Male Elf | Magus 6 / Rogue 1 |HP: 48/48 | AC18(22) T 13 FF 15(19) | F+6 R+7 W+6 | Init +5 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16 | Speed 30

Cursing the tight quarters, the magus pulls out a scroll and casts Illusion of Calm (DC12)

I had posted that I was casting glitter dust, but when I re-read the description and saw that it was a 10'*Radius* (as opposed to diameter), I'd blind the whole room. So I deleted that post and put this one. Just in case you saw the post and wonder what happened to it.

Silver Crusade

Female LG Gnome Paladin/Life Oracle 4/3 - HP 63 AC 25/T:13/FF:24 - Perception: +0, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision - Fort: +13, Ref: +9, Will: +11 +2 vs. illusions and death - CMB: +9, CMD 20 - Speed 15 ft. - Init. +1

Quiella moves in on the orchid, drawing her greatsword. "You'll pay for that one." She says, then swings at the old woman.

smite evil

greatsword, attack, power attack, smite: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 2 + 4 = 28 for cold iron, magic, bypasses DR: 1d10 + 7 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 + 4 = 18

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

tracked resources:
advice 7/10, ki 7/9
| Per +20 | F/R/W 10/10/12 | CMD 22 Human 7.2 Monk (sensei/Ki mystic) HP: 48/48 | AC 18 (MA 22) (MA + CW 31) | TCH 17 | FF 17 | Init +7

Valik ducks out of the way of the gooey bag. He moves next to Quiella and takes a punch at the foe, while protection by himself.

AC 31: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Zeno casts a spell to strengthen his bow, while Melufiuos casts one to provide cover for his spell casting.

Quiella then advances as she declares Shadow Orchid an enemy of good and proceeds to hit her with her greatsword. Smite Evil works on her.

Afterwards, Valik moves next to Quiella and punches the bald bodyguard next to him.

Ophelia is up!

Grand Lodge

Female Varisian cleric of Pharasma 7 | AC 21, T 10, FF 21 | HP -4/52 | F +8, R +4, W +12 | CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +16 | Channel 4/4 | Eerie Sense 60 ft

Drawing her morningstar, Ophelia fixes Shadow Orchid with a hard stare, eyes flashing. "You will bring them no harm!" she orders.

Move action to draw a weapon, standard to cast forbid action on the old woman. DC 16 Will save or she is forbidden to attack (including areas of effect). It's an Enchantment (compulsion), if she has any bonuses against it. No somatic components, so hands-free casting. If she has SR, please roll for me at +7.


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Ophelia, you can't really see them with the other icons on the map, but Shadow Orchid is currently behind some bookcases that give her full cover, which prevents line of sight for your spell.

Grand Lodge

Female Varisian cleric of Pharasma 7 | AC 21, T 10, FF 21 | HP -4/52 | F +8, R +4, W +12 | CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +16 | Channel 4/4 | Eerie Sense 60 ft

Ah, sorry. The map wasn't clear, particularly with the gradient over it. I'll just cast bless, then.


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Ophelia's assists the group in battle with a Bless spell.

"Give me assistance." Shadow Orchid hisses to her thugs and the bald one attempts to tumble past Ophelia. He both fails to make it through her and leaves himself open to attacks from Valik, Melufiuos, Quiella, and Ophelia. If he somehow survives those attacks, he attempts to strike Ophelia with his weapon and misses. Valik, Vailis, Melufiuos, Quiella, and Ophelia get AoO's on the thug swinging a weapon.

The thug with the beard has far more success as he successfully uses his acrobatic skills to make his way across the room and past Ophelia's legs.

The bodyguard with tattoos attempts to jump the pit from the stairs, but his failure to start with a run severely hampers his attempt and he misses the other side by a few feet, falling down into the pit with the thug in the headband. He promptly stands up afterwards.

The headband thug climbs about 8 feet up the walls of the extradimensional pit.

Despite her advanced age, Shadow Orchid athletically tumbles past most of the group to get into a flank with the bearded thug. She then attempts to strike Ophelia with a fist, but the cleric's armor deflects it.

GM Screen:

Kukri Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Kukri Kukir: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Goatee Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Tattoo's Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Fall Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3) = 10
Headband climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
SO Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Initiative (Round 2)
Shadow Orchid
4 Thugs
Melufiuos <= Up
Zeno <= Up
Valik <= Up
Ophelia <= Up
Vailis [13 Damage] <= Up
Quiella <= Up

Effects
Bless: +1 to attacks rolls and fear effects

Everyone is up!

Valik, Vailis, Melufiuos, Quiella, and Ophelia have AoO's they can make.

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 3
Spoiler:
| AC 15, T 15, FF 10 |HP: 31/31 | F +3, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath) | Init +6, Perc +11 |CMB +7 CMD 21| 10/10 Prescience 1/1 Arcane Bond

Zeno glimpses seconds into the future...

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 19

...before lining up a shot in the terribly crowded little room.

+2 Adaptive Composite Longbow, Point-Blank, Precise, Focused, Deadly Aim, blessed, soft cover vs Shadow Orchid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
thistle arrow damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (3, 1) + 14 = 18
rounds of 1 bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Scarab Sages

tracked resources:
advice 7/10, ki 7/9
| Per +20 | F/R/W 10/10/12 | CMD 22 Human 7.2 Monk (sensei/Ki mystic) HP: 48/48 | AC 18 (MA 22) (MA + CW 31) | TCH 17 | FF 17 | Init +7

Valik tries to kick the man's legs as he tumbles past.

Trip maneuver vs AOO. I provoke AOO vs tumbling AOO

ac 31: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

When Valik attempts to trip the bald thug, he retaliates with his kukri and misses. His legs swept out underneath him, he then falls to the floor. As he stands back up, the thug finds himself slipping into the pit. Only Quiella gets an AoO on him now, and he's in the pit. It doesn't really matter, but he did not make a failed attack on Ophelia.

As Zeno snaps off an arrow, Shadow Orchid flicks it away with a snap of her wrist. She has the Deflect Arrows Feat.

GM Screen:

Kukri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Fall Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) = 13

Everyone but Zeno is up! Quiella gets an AoO on the guy who just fell into the pit.

1 to 50 of 220 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS PbP Gameday 6] GM Harker Presents #4-16 The Fabric of Reality All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.