Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

[PFS PbP Gameday 6/2] DM Elanmorin's Ungrounded but Unbroken

Game Master Rogar Valertis

Maps

Handouts

Quartz Path

Initiative:
[dice=Dembar Nightwing]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Deter "Fitch" Hulbuckle]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Gardol]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Sathos Dawnscale]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Toivo Talvislag]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Veres Sol]1d20+2[/dice]

Perception:
[dice=Dembar Nightwing]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Deter "Fitch" Hulbuckle]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Gardol]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Sathos Dawnscale]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Toivo Talvislag]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Veres Sol]1d20+5[/dice]


251 to 293 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

LN male halfling | HP: 22/22| AC: 16 (T 16, FF 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 morale vs. charm/fear,+2 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: | Abilities/Effects:Evasion

Deter tries again to throw at the elemental.
thrown dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
thrown dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male skinwalker sorcerer 2 [Bat shape] | hp 12/12 | AC 16 [19], T 12 [18], FF 14 [15] | Fort +1, Ref +2 [+4], Will +2 | Psychic strike 3/6 | Perception +5 [+9]

Dembar fires off yet another psychic assault on the remaining elemental.
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Once again, DC 14 Will save to negate and ignore the staggered for 1 round.

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Bloodrager/ 2 HP: 20/20 | AC 17 (11 FF/16 T) | F:+4/ R: +1/ W: -4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 |

Sathos veins pump with adrenaline as he again swings his blade.
Blood rage. AC=15
Sword {BLACK}: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 192d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 + 2 = 15

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

With the healing and failed save, I believe am at 6 hp (14 down).

Shadow Lodge

Toivo and Deter finish off one elemental while Sathos does the same with its companions. Victory seems to smile upon you but there's still the matter of the enraged agrawgh flailing his tail around and spewing acid.

DC18 diplomacy check to soothe the beast, otherwise you can attack him

From a quite far off distance you hear Nef's voice:"Please don't hurt Aggy! He's family!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Ranger / 2nd | HP:20/22 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per: +6

Can an Animal Handling check sub for Diplomacy?

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

Veres changes from her inspiring song of courage to a more soothing tone trying to promote calm in the creature...

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

but her words and tone work only so well, failing to calm the anger of the large threat.

@GM => Can anyone assist on this roll? That or I hope someone succeeds, like Gardol.

Silver Crusade

LN male halfling | HP: 22/22| AC: 16 (T 16, FF 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 morale vs. charm/fear,+2 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: | Abilities/Effects:Evasion

Deter steps forward trying to calm the creature in his most unassuming nature.
"Hey there big and ahhh...wiggly. Its OK nobody is here to eat you...just us little "little people"...all bones and no meat. See no trouble at all."
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
As he moves forward he stumbles over a rock that someone misplaced on the ground and his backpack rolls over his head only to crash onto the ground with a loud clanging crash...frying pans and all.

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Ranger / 2nd | HP:20/22 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per: +6
Veres Sol wrote:
That or I hope someone succeeds, like Gardol.

I'll try either Aid Another or Handle Animal...but I'll wait till the GM weighs in on if either is pertinent...

Shadow Lodge

Veres moves seem to soothe the enraged beast but Deter words seem to somehow scare him and cause him to hiss back...

The book doesn't specify this but I agree it makes sense (more than diplomacy imo) for Handle Animal to work on the agrawgh.

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Ranger / 2nd | HP:20/22 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per: +6

Gardol walks up to serpent, hands out and unarmed, hissing softly, then murmuring in soft tones, "Easy boy...calm down...I don't talk well with humanoids, but most animals like me..."

He reaches up to softly scratch the serpent's scales...

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Shadow Lodge

Gardol speaks calmly to the beast and it stops struggling with a soft hiss, lowering its head down to allow the pathfinder to pet it.
Nef and Annie thank the lot of you profusely, explaining that while marauding elemental gangs are fairly common outside the Vault, they normally work further afield and are too cautious to attack so openly.
As you examine the rock-like remains of your assailants you study them for hints about their identity...

DC16 Knowledge (local):
You find precious metal inlays marks on the elemental's bodies, identifying them as part of an elemental gang. You seem to recall having this something similar already somewhere and the name "Slagcrusher" comes to your mind

The remainder of the journey is uneventful and takes about an hour. When the you arrive at the Issawa estate, Nef and Annie begin unloading their cargo. The bronzeskinned and businesslike Zuhair Issawa introduces himself and inspects the contents of the wagon. After the inspection, Zuhair seems satisfdied and the noble Shaitan decides to honor you by deigning to speak directly with you.
"I hear you had some excitement along the way... fortunately you proved adequate at dealing with it, I would have hated to lose this cargo after all..."

You may ask him one question if you want, then he dismisses you but not before paying you with a silver signet ring bearing the Issawa family crest (worth 100 gp). The rogue elemetals had 500 gp worth of stolen gems on themselves

Silver Crusade

LN male halfling | HP: 22/22| AC: 16 (T 16, FF 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 morale vs. charm/fear,+2 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: | Abilities/Effects:Evasion

know local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Deter temples his fingers up to his chin, and thinks hard on the situation but nothing of note comes to mind. Something tickles his brain a bit, but it's so fleeting that he just goes back to looking sagely on as the other members of the party do their thing...

Shadow Lodge

Before we move on: do you want to do something with the marks on the elemental rogues bodies?

As you get back to the barraks Dell Darkblade once again greets you:"Welcome back! I heard you were successful from the Captain. As you can imagine she wasn't half happy 'bout that. Anyway she's the one who sent me here to meet you and give you this" - Dell hands you a well written message - "Seems like General Faiza bint Hanif wants to have a word with you. This is probably about your discharge from active duty. I overheard Captain Othis swearing that "tomorrow they are going to get what their ilk deserves"... If I were in you I'd be ready to present proof of her wrongdoings or she's liable to convince the general you don't deserve an honorable discharge, if she hasn't done so already..."

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Bloodrager/ 2 HP: 20/20 | AC 17 (11 FF/16 T) | F:+4/ R: +1/ W: -4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 |

Can we collect them, or take rubbings of them? We should also turn the stolen jewelry over to the Captain, just so she can't say we took it ourselves.

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

Busy weekend. Sorry about the lack in posting.

know local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

****<<<While still with Zuhair Issawa>>>****

"Excuse me, but I couldn't help but notice there were markings on the elementals we encountered that looked like this..." and with that she shows a rubbing that Sathos thought to take of the markings to the noble Shaitan. She describes the precious metal inlays of the markings as well.

"From what I remember they belong to an elemental gang of sorts. I seem to recall a name, Slagcrusher, but I am unsure if that is a gang name or a gang leader's name. Please forgive my rambling on, but do you have any idea why they would have targeted us. It truly seemed like an ambush."

****<<<Once back with Dell in the barraks>>>****

"We know how angry the Captain can get and how she treats people she doesn't like. You risked much just telling us this, so thank you for the warning, and thank you for all the kindness you've shown us while we were here. Looks like we have to plan while we can for this meeting." Veres says sincerely.

Turning to the group, she offers, "Dell said it, we've got to review what evidence we have..." and she waits expectantly for everyone to chime in.

Grand Lodge

Male skinwalker sorcerer 2 [Bat shape] | hp 12/12 | AC 16 [19], T 12 [18], FF 14 [15] | Fort +1, Ref +2 [+4], Will +2 | Psychic strike 3/6 | Perception +5 [+9]

Having tossed out tons of psychic beat-down on the enemies, Dembar grabs onto one of Sathos' belt straps with his tiny bat talons, flips upside down, and promptly falls asleep, completely missing the conversation with Zuhair.

Hi guys! I'm back from PAX Unplugged! It was awesome!

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Ranger / 2nd | HP:20/22 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per: +6

Gardol bows to Zuhair Issawa. "Thank you, sir. I too would like to know more about the Slagcrushers...what can you tell us of them?"

Shadow Lodge

@Sathos: Yes, you can take an etching of the marks

@Dembar: Welcome back! happy to hear you had fun!

Zuhair answers Gardol and Veres both:"The name "Slagcrusher", doesn't mean anything for me, though I heard the elementals who attacked the caravan bore strange marking on them. The members of elemental gem
cartels often bear such symbols, this "Slagcrusher" could very well be their boss"

@Everyone: for what comes next you need evidence. It comes in 2 forms. Statements written or spoken by people who can vouch for you or solid proof. The etchings are one such example. Think about what you have that you can use against Othis, and remember you have a whole night to recover more if needed...

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Ranger / 2nd | HP:20/22 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per: +6

Gardol goes over the evidence and other support. "As far as evidence/statements we currently have, we have the drawing of our commanding general given to us by Captain Othis who told us it was Inysha...we have the gems the Boss gave us for thwarting Inysha...we have a signet ring bearing the Issawa family crest which signifies the good job we did for him...we have the etchings of the Slagcrushers and the gems they stole...

If we can sneak back into the Captain's office, we can get the stuff we found earlier. One of the documents mentions her support of the Slagcrushers and gem stealing; the etchings and stolen gems should mesh well with that...I think one of the symbols we found there might've related to the Slagcrushers as well. Not to mention the Aspis stuff we found and the poison she had the Oreads use on us...

If we could get statements from the casino Boss, Issawa, and Dell, as well as Nef and Annie, that would probably go a long way as well...

What did I miss?"

Shadow Lodge

Most of what Gardol said is spot on but you can't easily sneak out of the barracks and find Boss, Issawa Nef and Annie while getting back inside Othis' office as well. Dell can easily be found inside the barracks though

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Ranger / 2nd | HP:20/22 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per: +6

Can we split the party or is that not feasible? Stealthy types can break into the office while the charismatic types can try to get statements...

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Bloodrager/ 2 HP: 20/20 | AC 17 (11 FF/16 T) | F:+4/ R: +1/ W: -4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 |

And I...what do I do...lol

Seriously, I'm good backing up whomever.

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

"We'll just bring Dell along with us and stop by the Captain's office on the way. After we collect the things we know of from there we will just make due with the other things we have that Gardol mentioned. We don't have time for anything else." Veres says with a frustrated sigh.

I don't want to split the party up this close to a meeting with the general. If something happens to delay one group it would look really bad on the group as a whole. For this part we need to stick together. I think Dell's testimony on our behalf, the poison, the aspis stuff, the documents that mention her support of the Slagcrushers and gem stealing, plus the rubbings to support their involvement in the ambush, and then the Issawa signet ring and the Boss' gems to point in our favor should be enough. We will see what the arguments are against us soon enough.

Grand Lodge

N Dwarf Kineticist 1 | HP: 7/11 (0 nl)| AC: 17 (T 11, FF 16) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison, Spells and SLA) | Init: +1 (+3 when underground) | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/6 | Active conditions: |

Veres, it looks like we might have a night to prepare for this, but I can see the argument against splitting the party. Sadly Toivo isn't really sneaky or charismatic.

Toivo just sighs at the suggestion that the captain is bringing charges against them. "Can't say this is surprising."

The dwarf then turns his eyes to Dell, addressing the oread directly for the first time. "We do have some time to prepare, right? Can't expect us to present any defense without it. Also, should come down on the Captain like an avalance, but without any testimony it's only our word. Will you talk about the posion?"

As plans start getting talked over, Toivo pipes up again. "If we have some plants, I can make it look like we are sleeping..."

_______
Diplomacy aid, because we never actually did convince Dell to testify: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Ranger / 2nd | HP:20/22 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per: +6

No worries, we'll keep the party together then.

Grand Lodge

Male skinwalker sorcerer 2 [Bat shape] | hp 12/12 | AC 16 [19], T 12 [18], FF 14 [15] | Fort +1, Ref +2 [+4], Will +2 | Psychic strike 3/6 | Perception +5 [+9]

Dembar squeaks his approval of keeping the party together.

If we want to convince Dell to testify, Dembar will change back into a non-bat and attempt to coerce her. Only +4 on Diplomacy, though.

Shadow Lodge

Dell Darkblade:
Contacting Dell is rather easy. The oread recruit isn't difficult at all, as it's not strange for Undergrounded recruits to speak to each others. Convincing him to testify against Othis is a different matter though:"I don't know, really... If we fail there will be hell to pay! You can get back to your Society with little fear of repercussion but for us being kicked out of the Undergrounded would be a serious setback, and that's not even taking Othis' revenge into account..."
Convince him to cooperate... Social skill check please

Back to the Captain's office...:
You wait until it's well past midnight before sneaking to Othis' door. Once again there's no one guarding it. But the door is locked again and you'll need to pick its lock if you wish to recover the evidence you need...
Disable device, of course, as before DC is 20

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Ranger / 2nd | HP:20/22 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per: +6

Gardol tries picking the lock...

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Gardol will enter the Captain's office and retrieve the items as he remembers where they're located...

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

Dell Darkblade:
Veres reaches out and gently touches Dell on the shoulder, a clearly understanding expression on her face.

"Dell, we understand your reluctance to act against the Captain. She has shown how she can be to those she dislikes, let alone those she might feel betrayed her. But ask yourself this, why did you warn us at all? You knew it was wrong, and against the pain of her finding out, you talked to us anyway. That is because you are honorable. We won't twist your arm. We would appreciate your testimony on our behalf but only if you feel it is the right thing to do. Should we go on without you?"

No matter Dells response, Veres offers this as the group departs, "The Pathfinder Society is always on the lookout for dependable and honorable people to join its ranks. Should you ever wish to join us, don't hesitate to look us up."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

At the Captain's office, Veres helps keep lookout.
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Shadow Lodge

Dell Darkblade:
Dell considers Veres words and then nods:"Very well. I'll give you a full statement detailing the horrible things teh Captain forced me and my friends to do. I hope that will help to rid us of that tyrant!" he exclaims as he starts writing down his statement.

The Office:
Gardol easily opens the door and you slip inside the office. All the evidence is exactly where you left it! Grateful for your good luck and not wanting to take any more risks than needed you lock the door behind yoursleves and leave.

The next morning seems to come in a blink. Suddenly you are up and running as you are summoned to General Faiza bint Hanif estate in the city proper. When you arrive, General Faiza bint Hanif and Captain Othis are seated on opposite sides of a mahogany desk in a spacious, immaculate office. Glass cases along the walls display medals, ceremonial armor and weapons, and framed commendations granted to former and current members of the Ungrounded, including General Hanif herself. While the Captainn only grunts as she laids eyes on you, the general greets you politely:"Well met recruits, you were informed of the reason for this summoning I believe? Your unit has given rise to a pretty huge number of complaints I'm afraid, and I was called to determine the worthiness of your service to the Undergrounded" she considers the papaers in front of her for a moment then speaks again:"I see you completed basic training real quick. This shows good understanding of the basics of being a soldier. Well done! I see most of you suceeded at the obstacle course and your showing at the trial of knowledge wasn't so bad either, although it was far from excellence either. Then there is the matter of the brawl. You won against more experienced recruits which is remarkable. Yet you resorted to the use of magic which was expressely forbidden by the rules. A minor enough infraction, but one nontheless..."

"With all due respect, genral, I fail to see the need for this heearing. I already told you all there was to know about this riffraff. They cheated thir way through basic training and kept doing so at the brawl. I personally saw 2 of them fall after merely one hit. That prompted the witch there" she points to Veres "To unleash her magic and turn the tables on the poor recruits they then subjected to a savage beatdown! It is as I told you: the Pathfinder Society is a nest of roaches and given the number of incidents surrounding these new recruits, they should be dismissed as a liability!"

The General considers Othis words then turns towards you:"Is that so, recruits? These are serious accusations and I value Captain Othis consuel dearly. Even so and despite the fact the Captain's rank outweighting yours, I'd like to give you a chance to defend yourself and prove your innocence, if you can. Did you really cheat to pass basic training? Did you use magic and then beat your opponents without reason after the brawl? One word of advice, I've got several complaints against you and I want to hear each one of you speak. I have no interest in hearing the tale from a truth-spinning silver tongue, and I expect each one of you to speak in your unit’s defense."

In other words, each one of you will have to present a piece of evidence countering Othis claims, explain how things really went and then rol diplomacy. Choose wisely

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Bloodrager/ 2 HP: 20/20 | AC 17 (11 FF/16 T) | F:+4/ R: +1/ W: -4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 |

"General, I was one who fell during the test of combat. It is true that I fell to a single strike. As it turns out, my opponent's blade was treated with poison, strong stuff too. I have a written statement here from one of the oread troops stating he was forced by the Captain to cheat or face severe consequences. Seems Veres was only trying to level the battlefield. Sir, while I was callously and cowardly lain low for the remainder of the melee, I was told by our opponents that there was no 'savage beatdown' as the Captain describes."

Diplo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Diplo {GM Re-roll}: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20

I may be paraphrasing, but Sathos is truthfully reporting what I {the player} believe to be in the statement from Dell Darkblade.

Shadow Lodge

The general takes Dell's statement from Sathos' hands and her visage darkens. She turns to Othis and asks:"How do you answer to these allegations Othis? Recruit Darkbalde paints an extremey dark picture here. He accuses you of forcing him and his friends of sabotaging the trials and claims you gave them poisoned weapons to fight against their fellow recruits"

Captain Othis seethes and counters:"It was obvious Dell’s recruits were not up to the task of providing an adequate challenge to these cheaters without assistance so I provided a little help, but I'd like to point out how the rules do not forbid the use of poison unless it causes permanent damage. As for the obstacle course, Pathfinders are notorious for lacking humility and respect for their superiors, I needed to provide them with challenges that would wipe the smug grins off their faces".

The General listens to Othis words and corrugates her purple forehead as the Captain goes on, then she turns towards you:"This poison... can you provide a sample of it or at least tell me what it was?"

Grand Lodge

Male skinwalker sorcerer 2 [Bat shape] | hp 12/12 | AC 16 [19], T 12 [18], FF 14 [15] | Fort +1, Ref +2 [+4], Will +2 | Psychic strike 3/6 | Perception +5 [+9]

"Unfortunately, I don't think any of us are trained enough in the use of poisons to identify it. However, we have more evidence that the captain has been trying to force us to fail."

Dembar pulls out the sketch that the group was given when sent to find Inysha.

"The captain sent us to apprehend a con artist at a gambling house. However, this image that was provided is that of General Faiza bint Hanif, and if we had apprehended the general in place of Inysha, we would obviously have looked misinformed at best, and could have been court-martialed at worst!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"The captain was obviously trying to make us look bad, or even get us in major trouble. She has ulterior motives for disliking us, as my colleagues can attest to as well!"

Someone else should follow up with the fact that we found ties to the Aspis Consortium in her office.

Grand Lodge

N Dwarf Kineticist 1 | HP: 7/11 (0 nl)| AC: 17 (T 11, FF 16) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +2 (+2 vs. Poison, Spells and SLA) | Init: +1 (+3 when underground) | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/6 | Active conditions: |

At the general's request to see the poison, Toivo gives the captain a brief but wicked smile. Turning back to face the general, he adds in his gruff voice, "Was the other one laid low by the poison. You can probably see I'm not that weak, and I'd let you test it if you like. But also have gotten a small sample of the poison." With this he pulls out the bottle they found the first time in the captain's office and sets it down on the desk with a flourish.

___________
Diplomacy aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male skinwalker sorcerer 2 [Bat shape] | hp 12/12 | AC 16 [19], T 12 [18], FF 14 [15] | Fort +1, Ref +2 [+4], Will +2 | Psychic strike 3/6 | Perception +5 [+9]

Ah, excellent! Definitely forgot we found a sample. Well done.

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Ranger / 2nd | HP:20/22 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per: +6

Gardol stands. "Ma'am, I can confirm Dembar's account...if you recall, I gave an ill timed salute to you at the casino. However, I would have thought the picture of you was Inysha had the casino Boss not seen it and told us it was you...and despite the captain's intent, we did find and take care of Inysha, the casino Boss can confirm that...

Also, we found correspondence and such proving Captain Othis is a member of the Aspis Consortium, enemies of the Pathfinders. They wanted her to discredit us according to these documents..."

Gardol shows the general the documents from the Aspis and the Aspis badges/memorabilia...

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

Shadow Lodge

Thanks to various bonuses that's 3 successes

As Dembar produces the posion's sample the captain scofs:"As you can see, general, this is dusk agate extract... harmless as salt to superior beings with a connection to earth, such as yourself, and even when used against lesser beings it merely renders them temporarily unconscious. You can see I did not go against the rules by arming that ungrateful Darkblade and his recruits with this little aid"

The general casts another dubious glance at the woman, which turns into an open stare when Gardol reveals Othis allegiance to the Aspis Consortium:"Membership in the Aspis Consortium in no way interferes with the fulfillment of my duties to the Ungrounded and if it taught me anything it's the valuable lesson that Pathfinders are not to be trusted! exclaims Captain Othis who seems more tahn willing to continue... but is cut short by the General.

"ENOUGH!" shouts the Shaitan noble, sounding noticieably irate "It seems I was wrong trusting you Othis. You, on the other hand have my thanks" General Faiza bint Hanif says crisply Your honesty has shown me the error of my ways before it leads the Undergrounded to disaster".

"You are making a grave mistake, general!" shouts Othis, allarmed this time. Hanif just raises a hand to cut her off, then replies flatly, “Silence, Othis. You will waste no more of my time.” so saying she makes a gesture and a pair of shaitan officers moves in to escort Othis out of the office:"Escort the Captain to her appartments and make sure she stays put until we can launch a formal investigation on this matter" she tells her officers who roughly take hold of Othis and shove her out of the office. The Captain seems shocked but manages to murmur words like "indignity" and "colossal misunderstanding" as she's taken into custody.

Once Othis is gone the general adresses you once again:"Now... tell me, is there anything more I need to know about this unpleasant mess?"

Proceed as before. Those who did not get a chance to speak need to present the other evidence you have collected and then roll diplomacy. You have a bonus of +6 thanks to what you already explained to the general, and each new piece of evidence gives you another bonus

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

"Thank you General." Veres says with a crisp salute, "This seems to be the last piece of evidence in our favor, and I think it is of significant importance as it also shows dangerous activity by the Captain against valued local figures..."

Veres hands over the letter addressed to Captain Othis bearing an etching of three stony hands grasping a faceted gemstone.

"You see, we were ambushed while in the service of Zuhair Issawa, and the elementals that ambushed us bore markings such as this..." she says as she hands over the rubbing made by Sathos.

"Zuhair confirmed elemental gem cartels often bear such markings. We also heard a name, Slagcrusher, associated with these markings so I hope that helps you."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 I didn't include any previously mentioned modifiers as there maybe other factors still to add, so I left that to the GM.

"Feel free to add something more my friends." she says, turning to the rest of the group.

Silver Crusade

LN male halfling | HP: 22/22| AC: 16 (T 16, FF 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 morale vs. charm/fear,+2 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: | Abilities/Effects:Evasion

Deter is reluctant to try to help. He knows he isn't very good at convincing anyone of anything and in the past his efforts to help have fallen short. At the last moment he puts in his confirmation of the events as his friends and he have recalled to try to help resolve the problem they are facing.
"It's like we have all said...all of it. We have no hammers in the forge as my dwarven friends like to say. We are only here to help and we would just like to have this all behind us and the city to move on better for it."
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Shadow Lodge

The general examines the note and the marks' etchings then nods:"I've little doubt the other witnesses of this assault will confirm your story. Very well. It seems like the Capitain Othis will stand trial for her actions. As for you... I hereby grant you honorable discharge from your obligations to the Ungrounded. I look forward to be working again with the Pathfinder Society in the future. Please convey my reguards and thanks to Reyshal when you see next. In the meantime here's a small tokewn of the Undergrounded's appreciation..."
So saying the general hands a jeweled cloak pin bearing the Ungrounded sigil to each one of you and three masterwork scimitars.

Once out of the General's palace you travel to Reyshal estate, where he's most pleased by your mission's outcome and, once your report is dobe he magically transports you back to Absalom, where Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr listens with interest to yet another full report of your actions.

Congratulations! You successfully completed Undergrounded but Unbroken, the game has been reported already, I'll complete the CS in a few hours from now and post the links in discussion. Thank you for playing!

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Bloodrager/ 2 HP: 20/20 | AC 17 (11 FF/16 T) | F:+4/ R: +1/ W: -4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 |

WOOHOO!! Great work everyone. Thanks for a fun game DM Elan

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

Wow! That was really different. Thanks for running that. It was fun! Great job everyone!

Silver Crusade

LN male halfling | HP: 22/22| AC: 16 (T 16, FF 13) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 morale vs. charm/fear,+2 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: | Abilities/Effects:Evasion

Thanks for the run. It was cool and different. Had lots of fun.

251 to 293 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS PbP Gameday 6 / 2] DM Elanmorin's Ungrounded but Unbroken All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.