Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS PbP Gameday 6/1] DM Elanmorin's Shades of Ice I - Written In Blood

Game Master Rogar Valertis

DM Elanmorin's PBP Gameday 6/1 Game Session.

Initiative:
[dice=Azadeh Talat]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Calephe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Etude Mirolo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Hskrota ]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Scuttlebutt]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=The "tiny" Thundercloud]1d20+2[/dice]

Handouts

Map


1 to 50 of 246 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

The meeting in Absalom with Drandle Dreng nearly a month ago was brief, as always. “I have a routine mission for you, though a dangerous routine mission,” the old man whispered in the great hall in the Grand Lodge. Suffering from a cold and weak from lack of food and rest, the old venture-captain looked quite possibly the worst you’d ever seen him. Through wracking coughs he explained, “An ally of ours in the Land of the Linnorm Kings—Rognvald Skagni—is writing a lengthy report on the state of government in the northern countries of Avistan. I received a letter from him just yesterday requesting several key documents from the vaults here to help him finish the report.”
Venture-Captain Dreng patted a large, heavy-looking chest next to him. “These are the documents, and I need you to board a ship north to deliver them to Skagni.”
Dreng tried to stand at that point, but a fit of coughing sent him back into his seat. He gestured for a well-dressed, impeccably kept man standing in the shadows of the room to approach and whispered raspy orders to him. The man picked up a small pouch and a large key and handed them both to the party.
“Venture-Captain Dreng is unwell, as you can see. He wished me to give you this key and this pouch of gold. The key opens the chest, and the gold will buy you passage and get you from the Linnorm coast to Trollheim, where Skagni resides. Whatever you do, do not let the chest out of your sight and do not, under any circumstances, allow it to be searched. These documents are for Mr. Skagni’s eyes only. Are we understood?”
Dreng’s nameless servant waited for a reply and then smiled. “Good. Now run along; Venture-Captain Dreng needs his rest.”

Welcome! For the moment dot here (or even better post once and then delete your post)

Shadow Lodge

Feel free to start posting and introduce yourselves. You can also purchase whatever equipment you need before your ship sets sail for Trollheim. Keep in mind the frozen north isn't called like that because of the mild weather. Let me know if there's anything else you need

Dark Archive

Female CG Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/7 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

A small halfling steps forward, accepting the small pouch and the large key with a flourish before neatly tucking them both away, hiding them in her clothes.

"The chest is a bit heavy for me - have we anyone else that can carry it?" she inquires of the others, one eyebrow slightly raised. Once they've the opportunity, away from the rather unfortunately indisposed Drandle Dreng and his servants, she'll point out, "They didn't exactly give us a lot of time to introduce ourselves, what with the state of his health, but, well. I'm Etude! Etude Mirolo. I'm hoping to have a good time and get the job well done." She beams at her apparent group of party members.

Etude has a cold weather outfit, some other gear, and 2gp to her name. Is there anything else she ought to be tryin' to bring?

The Exchange

female human keleshite Kineticist 1 (Geokineticist) | HP 12| Init +7,|AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 | Fort +4, ref +7, Wil 0

"Nice to meet you, Etude, I'm Azadeh, and I'm not so sure about the good times we'll have in the cold North. The young qadiran woman shivered slightly as if already feeling the snow she so far had only heard and read about. Looking down on her green caftan she smiled weekly. "Guess I will have to change my garments, before we ship in. And unluckily I might be the wrong person to ask for assistance in carrying that chest. But as we're not alone that shouldn't be too much a problem, I hope?"

Azdaeh would go for a cold weather outfit, and if she can find it, a pair of snow shoes.

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calphe smiles at Mr. Dreng. "Hiding out in alleys in the rain can do that to a person." She picks up the chest and carries it from the room after the mission has been explained.

"Hello I'm Calephe. I just finished a mission for Mr. Dreng. He was on a mission that had him hiding in an alley in the rain. That's probably why he's so sick today."

The Varisian woman is bristling with weapons, and wearing a chain shirt. "I can carry the box if no one else has a way to. No magic to help?"

"I haven't been on a mission away from Absalom. I'm excited to see the world even if it will be cold."

An Arctic Kit 27 GP, Furs 12 GP, and a potion of endure elements 50 GP

Sovereign Court

male nagaji bloodrager 2 | HP 23/24, bloodrage 3/9, destined strike 2/3 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | F +6, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs mind-affecting or poison, uncanny dodge) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 30' | Perc +6 | Init +3

An oversized nagaji shivers during the briefing. Even in Absalom, he can feel the cold already creeping in. Why must they continue sending me to the far north? he despairs. Don't they know reptiles are cold-blooded?

He introduces himself as Hskrota. He wears an odd assortment of jungle paraphenalia mixed with cold weather clothing. Strapped to his back are a pair of snowshoes along with the usual mix of weaponry.

He offers to help carry the chest with Calephe. "You might not be so excited when you see how cold it is!" he warns her.

Right now I already have cold weather outfit, cleats, furs, snowshoes, and a potion of resist energy (cold).

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:4/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 0 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 1/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

Minuro will have already been in his Vigilante persona during the briefing; undoubtedly directed by Dreng's nameless servant to have already undergone his transformation in private, lest poor Dreng be subjected to some loud and flashy impromptu fanfare orchestra and light-show. ;)

"A delivery job to somewhere that's all cold and stuff? Sounds like a piece of cake!", the dark costumed (something of a mix of dark purple and inky black) and masked Wayang boisterously declares with a wide grin on his face. "All of you, especially the fine ladies, got nothing to be worried about... now that the Thundercloud is here!". The Wayang gives a thump to his puffed-up chest for emphasis to his fellow Pathfinders as he makes his introduction to the assembled group.

Will add the following items to his equipment: A Bedroll (1 sp), a Winter Blanket (5 sp), a Mess Kit (2 sp), 3 days of Trail Rations (15 sp), a Weapon Cord (1 sp), a Waterproof Bag (5 sp), and an Air Bladder (1 sp)- all for the princely sum of 3 gp.

Also will change out his 1st level spells for Endure Elements and Touch of Blindness.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
female human keleshite Kineticist 1 (Geokineticist) | HP 12| Init +7,|AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 | Fort +4, ref +7, Wil 0

Calephe's excitement and the Thundercloud's amusing grandstanding prove as infectious.

"You're right, that bit of cold shouldn't distract us from the great opportunity to experience the beauty of the north. The view of a snow-covered forest alone must be breath-taking, if my father's tales are to be believed."

She smiles at the others.

"Well met, again, it's always a pleasure to meet new faces."

She looks at the Wayang and giggles slightly.

"And masks."

Shadow Lodge

Your ship journey proves thankfully devoid of any excitement of the dangerous and lethal kind. After the first week you move past Varisia and the climate starts getting noticeably colder. A few more days after that you start navigating the Rimeflow River. At the end of the second week you dock safely in Trollheim.
Once there you immediately set out to follow The directions to Skagni’s home provided by Venture-Captain Dreng’s assistant, but they prove unclear. Yet, after a few wrong turns due to poor handwriting you locate your destination. There's a problem though. Skagni’s house has been burned to the ground. All that remains are the stone ruins of the small home’s walls and a few scattered piles of rubble. Where the directions indicate Skagni’s house should be stands only the charred husk of a burnt-out building. Bits of burnt timber and ruined furniture lie scattered about, but if anything remained after the fire, it seems to have been picked over and looted. Though most of the walls are blackened with soot, a patch along the former front of the residence still shows relatively clean, white walls. Smeared across those white walls, written in reddish-brown letters four feet tall, are the words, “Pathfinders go home.”
It seems someone doesn't like you at all...

Heal check to examine the blood, perception to search the ruins and their surroundings

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe carrying the chest with her comes to a stop at the burned out home. "I'll watch this you all go check out the building. I wonder how long ago this happened?" She stands guard over the chest hands on weapons but not drawing them. She scans the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Dark Archive

Female CG Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/7 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"This isn't what I expected to find," Etude says, frank. Her expression is grim. She looks around, trying to discern what's happened here. The white walls, though - do they mean that this fire is very recent? she considers. The situation is uncomfortable at best, but she strives to do her part.

"Does anyone see any clues as to what happened here? Aside from the fire and the message, I mean," she asks the others.

Shadow Lodge

Etude is sure the writing on the wall was written using actual blood, from whom or what she can't say though. Neither her nor Calephe notice much about the ruins and their surroundings. The place seems to have been burned down, then looters probably did the rest.

Map

Waiting for the others to post

Dark Archive

Female CG Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/7 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

She grimaces at the implication and informs the others: "That writing - it's actual blood and not just some dye or paint."

Sovereign Court

male nagaji bloodrager 2 | HP 23/24, bloodrage 3/9, destined strike 2/3 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | F +6, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs mind-affecting or poison, uncanny dodge) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 30' | Perc +6 | Init +3

Hskrota observes the bloody message and remarks bitterly, "I wish we could!"

He squats down and does his best to examine the mystery.

heal: 1d20 ⇒ 15
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The Exchange

female human keleshite Kineticist 1 (Geokineticist) | HP 12| Init +7,|AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 | Fort +4, ref +7, Wil 0

Azadeh shudders involuntarily at the sight and this time, it's not the cold. "I knew that we are not particularly well-thought of in some regions but still. Who would do such a horrible thing?"

Looking over Hskrota's shoulder, she examines the scenery as well, though the distraction of the bloody writing makes it difficult for her to stay focused.

if you allow for that, I'd rather use the aid another action on those checks to bolster Hskrota's results as my modifiers aren't terribly good with those skills.

heal check: 1d20 ⇒ 17
perception check: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Shadow Lodge

Hskrota and Azadeh both can confirm Etude's finding. The substance wuse for the writings is very clearly blood.

Azadeh helps Hskrota concentrate on the ambient sound but nothing comes of it...

Tiny?

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:4/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 0 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 1/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

If it's okay by you, DM Elan Morin, "Tiny" Thundercloud would have Endure Elements currently active, as he'd cast it upon himself everyday during the trip northward.

Peering at the burnt-out ruins of one Skagni of the Land of the Linnorm King's home, the Thundercloud mutters, "You'd think that a place with as much snowfall as here wouldn't be having any such things as fire troubles...", aloud. True to Hskrota's earlier prediction about the cold at the briefing, Minuro/Thundercloud had been casting Endure Elements upon himself as his very first order of business during the waking hours.

Also will try and Aid Another for both the Perception and Heal rolls.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19.

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17.

Rather than saying 'You think Venture Captain Dreng would be okay with us going back and telling him that Skagni's place burnt down?' out-loud to the others (giving up so early would look very bad in front of all the ladies!), Thundercloud does remark aloud, "Should we be asking Skagni's neighbors about what happened here?", as he helps out his fellow Pathfinders in rooting through the rubble and making sense of the ominous graffiti.

Dark Archive

Female CG Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/7 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

"Might as well try," Etude acknowledges the point. She looks around, curious as to what other homes around look like.

Shadow Lodge

@Tiny: Yes, consider having endure elements active on yourself

A strange silence falls on the ruins of Skagni's house as the small Wayang and Azadeh help Hskrota the Nagaji to concentrate on his surroundings. Suddenly he hears what, at first, amounts to a chorus of raucous voices coming from a copse of trees not far to the north. By concentrating even more, the reptilian warrior starts discerning the meaning behind the distant words...

Hskrota:
"They don't look like good Ulfen lads to me! Especially not the lizard and the small half gnome! These must be the pathfinders Hjort told us about! Let's go and give them the north's warmest welcome then lads! Just remember our orders! We need their leader alive, the rest we can butcher to our heart's content" this is followed by a number of grunts of assent and then heavy footsteps just partially muffled by the snow...

Sovereign Court

male nagaji bloodrager 2 | HP 23/24, bloodrage 3/9, destined strike 2/3 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | F +6, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs mind-affecting or poison, uncanny dodge) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 30' | Perc +6 | Init +3

"Someone is about to attack us! Quick!" Hskrota leaps to his feet, drawing his greatsword and circling around, watching the trees for the first appearance of the northerners. He begins shouting towards the hidden ambushers:

"We are Pathfinders and we do not die easily! Nor do we wish to see you fools die needlessly. Show yourselves and live. The choice is yours."

intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

The Exchange

female human keleshite Kineticist 1 (Geokineticist) | HP 12| Init +7,|AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 | Fort +4, ref +7, Wil 0

"Wha..." Surprised, Azadeh whirls around to look for any enemy but as she can't see anyone, she throws a questioning look at Hskrota.

"Where? Between those trees?"

Dark Archive

Female CG Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/7 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

"No such thing as false alarm!"

At the warning, Etude draws her rapier, not wanting to be caught off guard. If she's the moment, she thinks to remind her companions of the great deeds of Durvin Gest and his adventures in the early years of the Pathfinder Society's founding.

Draw weapon, inspire courage +1 (if allowed pre-emptively or as first round action.

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe stands guard by the box, and pulls out a chakram. She looks toward the trees ready to toss the weapon when enemies come in sight. "If they were friendly they would have said hello when we first got here."

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 1/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 16 | AC 16, T 12, F 14 | Fort +1, Refl +6, Will +3 |

From the roadside, a flustered and mudsplattered human male, his face red from the cold and rushing pace, races to the ruined homestead. "Pathfinders? Did I hear say you're Pathfinders? I've been looking for you, Dreng sent me to meet up with you to meet with Skagni. Name's Scuttlebutt, just let me catch my breath. So, uh, what's with the drawn weapons?" He breathes heavily as he straightens his ill-fitting tricorn sailing hat and surveys the destroyed domicile.

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 1/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 16 | AC 16, T 12, F 14 | Fort +1, Refl +6, Will +3 |

From Scuttlebutt's hood, a brightly colored macaw parrot pokes its head out and looks around, very much out of place from the usual, more tropical climes such birds are found in.

Shadow Lodge

As the newcomer approaches and greets the rest of the pathfinders several irsute Ulfens approach the ruins' northern side. They seems to be armed to the teeth. As he sees the pathfinders their leader, a grizzled brown bearded giant of a man wielding an handaxe, gives a raucous laugh:"You are pPathfinders eh? Let us show you what we do with the likes of you 'round these parts! he says commanding his men to attack. And they eagerly obey falling on Hskrota as some sort of human avalanche!

Attack roll (red vs Hskrota): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack roll (green vs Hskrota): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack roll (blue vs Hskrota): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Yet the Nagaji speed and agility prove to be too much for his assailants as he avoids all of their clumsy slashes!

Initiative!:
Azadeh Talat: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Calephe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Etude Mirolo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Hskrota: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Scuttlebutt: 1d20 ⇒ 1
The "tiny" Thundercloud: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Thugs x3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Boss Thug: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Round 01 - Bold may post

Thug (Red)
Thug (Green)
Thug (Blue)

The "tiny"
Hskrota
Etude
Calephe
Azadeh
Scuttlebutt

Boss Thug

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe flicks a chakram at the thug dressed in red, and then she pulls out her kukris ready for a fight.

Chakram: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 1/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 16 | AC 16, T 12, F 14 | Fort +1, Refl +6, Will +3 |

"Blue blazes! Did I get the wrong address??"
Scuttlebutt's eyes dart nervously back and forth from each foe, sweat beginning to bead on his brow despite the chill weather. He draws his rapier with a shaky hand and somehow finds the courage to step up and stand along with his assigned comrades.
standard action to draw weapon, no BAB, and move action to advance

The Exchange

female human keleshite Kineticist 1 (Geokineticist) | HP 12| Init +7,|AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 | Fort +4, ref +7, Wil 0

Azadeh falls back, then sidesteps behind Tiny's back to get in a better position. With a rolling gesture of her hands she collects a ball of ash and coal from the burnt house and sends it towards the nearest enemy to her position.

attacking the one in the green frame with an earth blast

attack: 1d20 ⇒ 20
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

confirm critical: 1d20 ⇒ 1
crit damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sovereign Court

male nagaji bloodrager 2 | HP 23/24, bloodrage 3/9, destined strike 2/3 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | F +6, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs mind-affecting or poison, uncanny dodge) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 30' | Perc +6 | Init +3

Hskrota swings his greatsword furiously. "If you will not listen, you will die!"

Red if its still up, then green if its up, then blue if they both fell already.

attack+rage-PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 9
damage+rage+PA: 2d6 + 6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 + 2 + 3 = 20

Dark Archive

Female CG Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/7 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

"Take heart!" Etude calls out, rapier in hand. Taking a step to her right, she begins a retelling of Durvin Gest's hand in the destruction of the Lens of Galundari.

Round 1 - 5-ft step, Inspire Courage +1

Shadow Lodge

Despite the melee raging around Hskrota Calephe's chakram finds its mark and grievously wounds the Ulfen thug in red.
Azadeh's thries to do the same using her elemental powers and suceeds, while the poor Hskrota, surrounded as he is by enemies on all sides tries to retaliate but his slash is easily parried.
As he notices the fight, Scuttlebutt quickly opts to join his fellow pathfinder against the unwashed fury of the north while Etude's voice gives heart to her friends.

Note that Azadeh hit because of the nat 20, otherwise she wouldn't have. These thugs have a lot of hp and decent armor for low level minions

Round 01 - Bold may post

Thug (Red) -8hp
Thug (Green) -7hp
Thug (Blue)

The "tiny"
Hskrota
Etude
Calephe
Azadeh
Scuttlebutt

Boss Thug

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:4/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 0 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 1/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

Upon hearing of the sharp warning given by Hskrota but before the four members of the local Ulfen Welcoming Committee decided to make themselves known, the Thundercloud had briefly wondered if the Nagajii was being a bit too overly cautious.

Still, Hskrota had been right about the cold weather before, so the Masked Wayang trusted that the Nagajii hadn't yet taken any leave of his reptilian senses. And judging by the follow-up reactions of Azadeh, Etude, and Calephe, it seemed that they too trusted in Hskrota's word of warning...

With the sudden arrival of yet another fellow Pathfinder, a piratey appearing fellow by the name of Scuttlebutt (it was the parrot that made it all look genuine!) plus the appearance of four hairy and hostile thugs, Minuro/the Thundercloud loudly replies to their grizzled bearded leader with, "And not only are we Pathfinders but we've just got our reinforcements, you big, hairy... snow-monger!"

Upon Thundercloud's turn, he'll move his buckler into position, as his move action, and fire off a sparking mystic bolt of electricity at the Thug in Green from his upheld ring, as his standard action.

Mystic Bolt attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6. Etude's Inspire Courage added in as the +1.

Mystic Bolt damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6.

I'm reaallly going to have to work a lot more on my aim!, Minuro/the Thundercloud thought to himself whilst observing his own attack on the Green Attired Thug.

What sort of weaponry and armor are our three Thugs sporting?

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Tiny: Chain Mail and heavy wooden shields

The Ulfen's leader looks at the battle dispassionately from afar, even going as far as to shake his head at his minions' incompetence as they fail to land a solid hit on Hskrota:"This is pathetic, really!" he shouts as he throws his handaxe at the Nagaji...

Attack roll (Boss vs Hskrota): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Fortunately the ongoing melee hinders his as well as the pathfinders' ranged attacks.

Nontheless, hering the disappointment in their boss' voice, his men redouble their attempts to turn Hskrota into a dead Nagaji...

Attack roll (Red vs Hskrota): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Attack roll (Green vs Hskrota): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attack roll (Blue vs Hskrota): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

... and this time one of them manages to land a glancing blow!

Round 02 - Bold may post

Thug (Red) -8hp
Thug (Green) -7hp
Thug (Blue)

The "tiny"*
Hskrota*
-2hp
Etude*
Calephe*
Azadeh*
Scuttlebutt*

Boss Thug

* = Active buffs:Insipre courage

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe takes a step forward and slashes at red with both kukris. "I think you made a mistake." The Varisian moves like lightening, and the cuts are deep.

Kukri, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
Damage, IC: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Kukri, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24
Damage, IC: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Kukri, IC Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
Damage, IC: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

The Exchange

female human keleshite Kineticist 1 (Geokineticist) | HP 12| Init +7,|AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 | Fort +4, ref +7, Wil 0

Azadeh fires another volley of coal and ash against her opponent, then she moves forward trying to get free sight at the leader of their attackers.

earth blast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sovereign Court

male nagaji bloodrager 2 | HP 23/24, bloodrage 3/9, destined strike 2/3 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | F +6, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs mind-affecting or poison, uncanny dodge) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 30' | Perc +6 | Init +3

"You'll pay for that!" Hskrota strikes back ferociously at blue.

attack+rage+inspire courage-PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 22
damage+rage+inspire+PA: 2d6 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 15

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Calephe shows everyone why Varisians are considered deadly when fighting with a knife and she easily cuts down the man in red.

Calephe tries again to use her supernatural powers but fails again to hit anyone.

Hskrota goes berserker (something that actually surprises the Ulfens as they know well of that state of mind and never knew lizardfolk could achieve it) and hits his opponent with such force he falls down sprawled on the floor in a puddle of his own blood.

Menwhile the "Tiny" takes out his lucerne hammer and tries to smash the last remaining Ulfen

Attack roll: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 1 = 11

And suceeds causing him to fall as well!

At the same time Scuttlebutt decides to try his aim against the enemy leader...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20 -> Damage roll: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

... and he hits! Unfortunately his bolt does't cause much damage though.

Inspired by the "Tiny"'s effectiveness and by Scuttlebutt's audacity Etude resolves to shoot at the sole surviving Ulfen too...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Unfortunately her aim isn't as good as Scuttlebutt's.

Despite his band being wiped out in a matter of seconds the Ulfen boss doesn't back down. He gives a powerful battlecray and charges into battle targetting Hskrota!

Attack roll (Boss vs Hskrota): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

And wounding the poor Nagaji again!

Round 02 - Bold may post

The "tiny"*
Hskrota*
-5hp
Etude*
Calephe*
Azadeh*
Scuttlebutt*

Boss Thug -2hp, -2AC

* = Active buffs:Insipre courage

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe steps forward, and slashes out with both her kukris again this time at the boss. "Why did you attack us? It's a mistake you won't repeat."

Kukri, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Damage, IC: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Kukri, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Damage, IC: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Kukri, IC, Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
Damage, IC: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

The Exchange

female human keleshite Kineticist 1 (Geokineticist) | HP 12| Init +7,|AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 | Fort +4, ref +7, Wil 0

"Though surrender might still be an option."

Azadeh moves around the ruined wall to get free sight onto the last enemy standing, her hands already forming an earthen bullet to direct it at him.

earth blast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 1/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 16 | AC 16, T 12, F 14 | Fort +1, Refl +6, Will +3 |

"Leaping luscas! You really ought to consider raising the white flag and we talk this over, huh?"

The scholarly youth in the somewhat impractical and out-of-place sailing garb steps behind the enraged nagaji and casts a simple healing spell, touching the warrior's shoulder.

cast Cure Light Wounds on Hskrota

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sovereign Court

male nagaji bloodrager 2 | HP 23/24, bloodrage 3/9, destined strike 2/3 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | F +6, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs mind-affecting or poison, uncanny dodge) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 30' | Perc +6 | Init +3

"Fool! Don't you see what fate awaits you?" pronounces Hskrota as he swings his mighty greatsword at the leader.

attack+rage+inspire courage+destined-PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 11
damage+rage+inspire+PA: 2d6 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 17

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Etude and the "Tiny" wait to see what will unfold while Hskrota misses the big Ulfen by a wide margin, Azadeh follows suit but Calephe manages to cause serious wounds to the murderous opponent with her knives.
Meanwhile Scuttlebutt heals Hskrota from some of his recent wounds.

Enraged, the ulfen answers as it could be expected...

Attack roll (Boss vs Calephe): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 02 - Bold may post

The "tiny"* Delay
Hskrota* -3hp
Etude* Delay
Calephe*
Azadeh*
Scuttlebutt*

Boss Thug -12hp

* = Active buffs:Insipre courage

Dark Archive

Female CG Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/7 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

Scowling, Etude reloads and aims again, doing her best to elegantly roar the story as she shoots.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

*wince* Also, thanks for botting c: I'm back~

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calphe takes as step to get behind the enemy, and continues to just use her knives on the enemy. Not going to waste my breath on trying to talk him out of this.

Kukri, IC, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Kukri, IC, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:4/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 0 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 1/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

Apologies about the late posting- ended up getting a bit more involved with the Holiday festivities than I had originally anticipated. But it was still plenty of awesome to see that wee bit (from the moments of the party's all-around "badzasseryness") that you provided for "Tiny" Thundercloud/Minuro, DM Elan Morin. :)

Still keeping that silly wide grin upon his mask-covered face, the Wayang known as the Thundercloud had not only been riding upon his "battle-high" (for lack of a better term) of actually landing the Deciding Solid Hit of Justifiable Self-Defense upon one of the three Ulfen thugs but he also had the full hind-quarter viewed, "frontal-row" treat of personally witnessing Calephe delivering some up-close Varisian knifework to the wicked thugs. And if the Wayang's eyes did happen to be focused solely upon the Varisian's lady's delicate... leg movement and footwork the entire time, why that would be a purely natural thing for the eyes to fall upon from such an angle!

Coming out of delay, Minuro/Thundercloud will five-step behind the raging Nagaji and make an attack on Boss Thug with his lucerne hammer since that worked out much better than his mystic bolts. Not really sure of what kind of soft cover that the Boss Thug gets with "Tiny" Thundercloud's new position on the battlemap but Minuro/Thundercloud can get a -1 penalty for attacking with his buckler still out, negating the morale boost from Etude's fighting-roar.

Lucerne Hammer of Justice attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 - 1 = 16.

Pain potentially given by said Lucerne Hammer: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8.

Naturally, all good things must come to an end- and Thundercloud's unhindered view of Calephe's entrancing... leg movement and footwork is completely blocked as she moves behind the hairy eyesore that is the Boss Thug. Snapping back into fighting attentiveness, Thundercloud steps behind Hskrota's raging form and launches another attack from the cover of the Nagaji's solid bulk. As he does so, the clearly frustrated Wayang shouts out, "You Stupid, Fake Woodcutter! Ruining such a perfect view!"

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 1/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 16 | AC 16, T 12, F 14 | Fort +1, Refl +6, Will +3 |

Never having been very good in his fencing classes at school, Scuttlebutt glances between his newfound partners and nervously weighs his options about where he could step in the life-or-death melee and what could he contribute without tripping over his own feet or befouling a decisive strike from one of these significantly better trained masters of martial prowess. Ultimately, he decides to pull out a healing wand from his pack should someone need its curative magics, perhaps even himself?

Scuttlebutt used a standard actions to draw out a Cure Light Wounds wand.

The Exchange

female human keleshite Kineticist 1 (Geokineticist) | HP 12| Init +7,|AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 | Fort +4, ref +7, Wil 0

And here I was thinking that I'd gotten better since the disaster in Absalom.

But any alternative doesn't seem more promising and hoping she might at least distract the thug's attack a bit she hurls another earth blast against him.

attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sovereign Court

male nagaji bloodrager 2 | HP 23/24, bloodrage 3/9, destined strike 2/3 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | F +6, R +1, W +1 (+2 vs mind-affecting or poison, uncanny dodge) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Spd 30' | Perc +6 | Init +3

Missing with his previous swing just infuriates the nagaji even more.

attack+rage+inspire courage+destined-PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 24
damage+rage+inspire+PA: 2d6 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 23

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Moving like a whirlwind of steel Calephe wounds the Ulfen again. Deeply. The man seems to suddenly realize he's outmatched and appears ready to run but his hesitation costs him dearly as Hskrota sends his blade thundering forward in a gleaming half circle and cuts the man's head off the shoulders!

Combat over

Loot:
Each of the 3 thughs had a potion of cure light wounds, a chain shirt, a heavy wooden shield, and 3 throwing axes.
The boss had 2 potions of cure light wounds, a chainmail, an heavy steel shield, 5 throwing axes and 50 gp. Besides hidden in his pockets you also find 2 different notes (check the "Notes & Handouts" link above please)

What do you want to do next?

1 to 50 of 246 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS PbP Gameday 6 / 1] DM Elanmorin's Shades of Ice I - Written In Blood All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.