Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] [PBP Gameday VI] GM MichaelCullen's Solstice Scar 10-11

Game Master MichaelCullen

PBP Gameday VI Solstice Scar for levels 10-11. This is a regular Non Core table. MAPS


101 to 150 of 169 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

The flurry of activity makes it seem a little late, but Giovanni also carries a CLW wand, with 20 charges left. Feel free to drain my charges first.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

Luisila doesn’t look happy about leaving Holly with a slight injury.

“Giovanni owes me a wand charge, Holly. And I’m sure he’d be happy to donate it to you.”

*Puppy dog eyes* “Isn’t that right, Giovanni?”

Giovanni’s CLW wand on Holly: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

☤ Medic’s Report ☤ Giovanni: 71 + 24 = 95/94 hp, Holly: *Full Health* Fandral: 81/84 hp, Luisila: *Full Health*

“Hold still, Giovanni! You might feel some pressure …”

@GM Michael:
Burning my Gift of the Ghaele boon to ✨SLA restoration on Giovanni.

Full details of the boon are in Luisila’s profile.

Luisila bows her head and begins chanting, manifesting a huge incorporeal frog’s head at the ceiling of the Blakros Museum. “Mighty Threv, restore this brave man’s power! Show him all the respect he deserves!”

A long, golden tongue shoots out of the disembodied slaadi head, entangling the Opportunistic Attack Master. Shortly after, Giovanni is bathed in Divine power (and a not insignificant amount of toad-lick) ✨restoring his lost vitality. Have that lost level back, Giovanni!

Once the head has reclaimed its tongue and drifted upwards through the ceiling, Luisila goes to work on Giovanni with his own CLW wand.

Giovanni’s CLW wand on Giovanni x5: 5d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 4, 1, 5, 4) + 5 = 24

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 81/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

reflex: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
So after the channel, fandral is down only 3. Not worth the wand charge right now

Fandral looks over to Avelina,"Yes dear, at least this time, I did not walk a way with a cursed wound."

Fandral sheathes his cutlass and clicks his heels together once more to preserve the magic in his boots.

"So where to next?"


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

The magical wards Nigel spent a fortune on are still active preventing access to the third floor. You have cleared out the second, but fights still are below.

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 81/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

"Damn it is sealed"

"Head back down? Or do you think they got it handled"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

"I vote to head down."

Luisila re-sets her wand in its spring-loaded sheath. "Time for some pay-back on Nigel's expensive exhibits."

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

"Did I really just have one woman ask for permission to touch another with my wand?" Obviously, Giovanni found SOMETHING to smile about.

------

After the tongue releases him, a dripping Giovanni looks around and retrieves his chains. "I bet that's going to hurt in the morning. But I bet it hurts more when you tell this story in the tavern . . .."

------

"If we can't go up, then we should go back down. There are other Pathfinders down there who might need our help. We're not here to sit in a corner, after all."

Speaking of which, if we're not going to use that Aid token, we should send it on to another table.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

"Thank you Giovanni for the use of your wand."

"Downstairs it is. Let's see if our fellow agents need help. Perhaps we will find something more suited to our particular talents there."

[ooc]Lets just get a quick peek at what is downstairs before we pass on the Aid Token.[/b]

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 100 min

Everyone not hurt? “ Amaranti asks, slightly embarrassed of his lack of contribution in fighting the golem. Since the creatures here seem to be very dangerous, he casts a couple more protective spells on himself and his eidolon.
Shield on Amaranti and Kaisharga. Barkskin on Kaisharga

”Down is good.“ he finally agrees with the others.


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

As you make your way down to the main floor, a younger pathfinder rushes up to you. He brushes some sweat away from his brow before making a quick report. There are blue lions patrolling the west, some animated objects just through those doors to the south, and outback there are some magical runes that seem to have come to life causing havoc in the courtyard.

We may only have time for one or two more of these fights before moving on so I want to give you a choice. If i get a quick response, ill move us forward in about an hour.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

"Oh, the blue lions sound like they could be a bit of a fun challenge for us. Lets go to the west."


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Bursting through the doors into the western section of the museum, a scene sure to distress Nigel awaits you. Long shadows cast by ruined displays and broken furniture litter the floor. A humanoid-shaped figure made of shattered clockwork lies slumped over a bench. Above, an elaborately painted sign reads “Crusader’s Chronicles.”

Two large blue cats stand above the broken clockwork man. Their coats shining vividly, these majestic lions look exotic and otherworldly. They gaze with piercing yellow eyes and stand calmly, as though fearless. “Meow,” the creatures greet you. “We’re bored. Let’s play. You can be the wildebeests.” They purr and shake their manes. Then they look at you and smile, “Of course, we’ll be the lions.”

Knowledge (arcana) DC21:
DWEOMERLIONS (2) Variant dweomercats

Initiative
Fandral: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Avelina: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Giovanni: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Holly: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Luisila: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Amaranti: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Monsters: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Round 1
Avelina
Holly

Monsters
Fandral
Luisila
Amaranti
Giovanni

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Holly clicks the heels of her boots together and dances forth. She does a neat tight tumble over the lion, dragging her scimitar in a clean slice across the blue lion as she does so, and lands daintily on her feet on its far side.

Acrobatics vs. CMD+5: 1d20 + 28 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 28 + 5 = 42

Attack: +1 Holy Adamantine Scimitar: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 20 + 1 = 26
Damage: Magic, Good, Adamantine, Slashing: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Holy damage if it has an Evil alignment: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

Actions:
Holly uses a swift action to activate her Battle Dance to Inspire Courage (self only).
She then uses one use of her Daredevil Boots (free action) to increase her acrobatics skill as she move through the Blue lions squares.
She then moves 30 feet and makes a single attack.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

“You’re correct that we are wild beasts. (OK, maybe not Avelina …)”

Luisila’s eyes narrow as she assesses the tactical situation. “But you’re more LOLcats than lions.”

Earlier:
Giovanni wrote:
"I bet that's going to hurt in the morning. But I bet it hurts more when you tell this story in the tavern . . ."

“GIOVANNI VALDRIANO! I’m surprised at you!”

Luisila shakes her head looking disgusted. “Do you think I would use the sacrosanctity of a near-death experience by one of my colleagues – who was SAVED by Calistria’s Grace as what exactly?”

“A cheap laugh in some tavern tale??” *angry muttering*

Tee hee! I totally WOULD!

Silver Crusade

AC 18 T 13(18 incorp. touch) FF 17 | HP 88/88 | F +14 R +14 W +11 (+22 vs charm/compulsion) | Init +16| Perc +10
Spells Per Day Remaining:
5-3/4 4-7/7 3-8/8 2-7/8 1-8/8
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Threefold Aspect

"Why you are correct indeed, darling. There is not a bestial bone in this body."

Avelina points at the beasts with one hand and then draws a finger across her neck.

"Sealed Fate of the Wicked!"

SR Check if Needed (Spell Pen + Greater Spell Pen): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 16

She's casting Sealed Fate of the Wicked Pugwampi's Grace on blue. DC 21 Will Save or it must roll every d20 twice and take the lower


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Holly jumps past one of the blue lions, hitting in with her scimitar, though it seems to do a lot less than she had expected. It’s blue flesh rippled as it seemed to obsorb some of the blow. Though a few trickles of purple blood deep out of the wound.

Avelina:
You feel that your spell did not succeed, but you don’t know why, though you feel that it did not have much force behind it.

One of the lions the one to the south (pink) begins to shimmer as if casting a spell-like ability before moving over into a more advantageous position. As soon as it’s ability is used, both it and it’s friend shrink down to the size of a person.

spellcraft DC 21 for Holly and 23 for everyone else:
Anti magic field

The other lion smiles at Holly and says, You’re fun, let’s play.
claw: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 231d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
claw: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 371d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
bite: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 391d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Holly:
All three attacks hit you, as you realize that none of your magic or magic items seem to be working, lowering your AC

Round 1
Avelina
Holly 22
Monster ?
Monster
Fandral
Luisila
Amaranti
Giovanni

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

Holly looks a bit disappointed that she was unable to strike like she wanted to against the lion. "Well, this is a bit of a disappointment. I guess the lions decided they needed every advantage they could muster."

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

Round #1: AC 24 ☤ Medic’s Report ☤ Holly: 50/72, Fandral: 81/84

Spellcraft DC 23: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

I vote to use one of the Aid Tokens starting now. (We have two, right GM Michael?) I would propose:

Timely Inspiration:

A Pathfinder agent provides the effects of a bard’s inspire courage bardic performance for 3 rounds.

In Subtiers 10–11, the competence bonus increases to +3.

“Giovanni, I would suggest you get out of Amaranti’s charging lane. Amaranti, I would suggest you wait for Giovanni to act.”

Luisila nocks an arrow. (free) “How about this for a simple plan? Smash them head on until they’re dead.”

The priestess delays until after Giovanni and Amaranti have acted.

I will act for Giovanni this turn if that is OK, GM.

Grand Lodge

Round #1: AC 31

“Hey, cleric! STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!”

The chain-fighter scowls at Luisila. “Just because you saved my life, doesn’t mean I’m gonna line up at the Saucy Wench to buy you a drink when this is over!”

Giovanni moves 30’ into position to flank Blue with Holly. (movement should not provoke)

Trip CMB, Good Hope, flank, bard: 1d20 + 30 + 2 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 30 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 56

If Blue is tripped, it provokes an AoO from Giovanni AND HOLLY!

“Speaking of saucy wenches … Get some, Your Ladyship.”

+2 duelling spiked chain AoO, Good Hope, flank, bard, prone: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 36
magic, piercing damage, Good Hope, bard: 2d4 + 9 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 + 2 + 3 = 17

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Not one to let a prime opportunity to take some advantage over this tricksey opponent lashes out with her scimitar once more. "You had best not be referring to me in such a way good sir." Holly says with a wry grin.

AoO: +1 Holy Adamantine Scimitar, Battle Dance (inspire courage, self only), Flank, Prone, Good Hope: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24
Damage: magic, holy, adamantine, slashing: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Holy damage if it is of Evil alignment: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 100 min

Duh, I'm not sure if's ever been FAQ'd what happens to eidolon in anti-magic field. Blinks out, I guess... But if it's the pink one where the field comes from, then at least I can complete the charge without wondering what happens when mount disappears mid-charge :)

"Kaisharga, CHAAAAAARGE!" Amaranti bellows, and spurs his mount into a devastating... slither. This time, the enemy looks disappointedly small. But then again, they seem to be able to do some nasty tricks.

Lance, PA, charge, GH: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 36
damage, PA, charge, GH: 3d8 + 66 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5) + 66 + 6 = 89

Scarab Sages

HP: 68/68 | AC:2537 FF: 2133 Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs enchant) | Init: +4 | CMB: +17 | CMD: 31 | Speed: 20/40 | Perception: +11, Sense Motive +8 | Darkvision 60' |SQ: Evasion On-going effects: Mage armor, shield, barkskin

"KITTENS! MY FAVORITE FOOD!"

The metal man upstairs wasn't much of a treat, but the lions here look much more delicious. Kaisharga opens his gigantic mouth to take a big bite.

Bite, charge, GH: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 26
damage, GH: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18
Grab (if bite hit): 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 21 + 2 + 2 = 38

Grand Lodge

Holly wrote:
"You had best not be referring to me in such a way good sir."

“Get real, Your Worship. I meant … um … Kaisharga.”

Heh, heh. Good one! I crack me up.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

Luisila’s eyes gaze up towards Elysium as she shakes her head.

Round #1: AC 24 ☤ Medic’s Report ☤ Holly: 50/72, Fandral: 81/84

“Lions, what you need is a war cry. How about: Hear me Purrrr!”

The priestess activates her spring-loaded wrist sheath again, and a wand of CLW appears in her right hand like ✨magic! (swift)

If Pink is down:
Luisila double-moves 45’ to stand behind Holly.

If Pink is still up:
Luisila double-moves 40’ to stand behind Giovanni.

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 81/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

Fandral draws his cutlass and moves into a flanking position with holly.

if attacked:

parry #1: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 2 = 27
immediate action,riposte: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 2 = 38 for 1d6 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 5 = 14 damage
critical threat: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 2 + 1 = 36 for 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 extra damage if it comfirms and the creature has more than 5HD,I regain a point of panache
parry #2: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 2 = 38
parry #3: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 18 + 2 = 30
parry #4: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 2 = 35
parry #5: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 + 2 = 29


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Amaranti, to answer your question, the eidolon would be suppressed. Meaning that it would disappear while its old space overlapped the anti magic field. Once the anti magic field disappeared or moved, it would come back. I would have required an acrobatics check. On a real good roll I would have had the charge land as normal. On a poor roll, I would have come up with something. Also for anyone within 10 feet of pink. Please do not include any bonuses from spells, supernatural abilities, or magic items. This includes the bardic performance.

Giovanni trips the blue lion he flanks. On its trip to the ground the cat is hit by his attack. But it seems to do much less than expected. Holly's strike seems to go wild as she is suddenly much less dexterous than she was moments before.

Amaranti's charge hits....hard. But the lion is still in the fight, though it is being eaten by a giant worm.

Round 2
Avelina
Holly 22

Monster ?, grappled
Monster
Fandral
Luisila
Amaranti
Giovanni

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Holly whispers a small prayer to Sarenrae and lashes out at the blue lion. "The lions are suppressing all magic! Be very careful!

Attack #1: Adamantine Scimitar, Flankingr: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Damage #1: Adamantine, Slashing: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Attack #2: Adamantine Scimitar, Flanking: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage #2: Adamantine, Slashing: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

A high-pitched buzz pervades the museum, rising in frequency to the point of being inaudible. A moment later, a rolling boom echoes through the museum like thunder, and the glowing wards around the museum begin to fade.

@Table GMs: The “Failing Wards” condition on page 9 is now in effect.

Silver Crusade

AC 18 T 13(18 incorp. touch) FF 17 | HP 88/88 | F +14 R +14 W +11 (+22 vs charm/compulsion) | Init +16| Perc +10
Spells Per Day Remaining:
5-3/4 4-7/7 3-8/8 2-7/8 1-8/8
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Threefold Aspect

Sorry for the delay. Been trying to figure out something Avelina can do without magic

Avelina steps forward and begins lambasting the nearest cat (pink).

"Is that the best you can do? You think that some pitiful barrier can save you from your Righteous Judgment? You are weak, aren't you."

Intimidate (good hope+heroic echo): 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 16 + 3 = 31

Basically the only thing she can do that isn't magic :(


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Moved blue due to being grappled by Kaisharga last round. When a creature is grappled it is brought to an adjacent space.

Holly has trouble landing a good hit, but Avelina's words cut just fine. shaken

Sister, I'll save you!, the lion calls out as she pounces at Amaranti, his spear still dripping in purple blood from his last hit.
As she moves near Kaisharga it phases out of reality as the magic is suppressed by the anti magic field
Amaranth falls into the space where his worm was but moments before.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
He miraculously lands on his feet, almost looking like he expected this.

claw: 1d20 + 21 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 21 - 2 = 291d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
claw: 1d20 + 21 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 21 - 2 = 311d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
bite: 1d20 + 21 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 21 - 2 = 271d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Her sister continues the assault from the ground.

claw: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 21 - 4 = 251d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
claw: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 21 - 4 = 261d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
bite: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 21 - 4 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Round 2
Avelina
Holly 22
Monster (beat up, but unknown damage),
Monster (pink), shaken
Fandral
Luisila
Amaranti 43, Kaishaga is suppressed.
Giovanni

Please remember, if you are within 10 feet of one of the deweomer lions, none of your magic gear is working, that includes belts ect. Also any supernatural abilities and spells don't work near them as well.


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

To speed things up, Avelina and Holly can go as well, as they will go in round three before the monsters.

Round 2
Fandral
Luisila
Amaranti 43, Kaishaga is suppressed.
Giovanni

Round 3
Avelina
Holly 22

Monster (blue) (beat up bad, but unknown damage), not emanating an antimagic field (but within Pink’s)
Monster (pink), shaken, anti magic field.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Holly dances in again against the blue lion and lashes out with her blade once more. "How about we just call this a win for us and you both go away."

Attack #1: Adamantine Scimitar, Flank: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33
Damage #1: Adamantine, Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Critical Threat Confirmation Roll #1: Adamantine Scimitar, Flanking: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 2 = 18
Critical Threat Damage #1: Adamantine, Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Attack #2: Adamantine Scimitar, Flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27
Damage #2: Adamantine, Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 100 min

"NO! WHERE KAISHARGA!?"

Confused, but managing to land on his feet, Amaranti takes a step back to keep attacking. Without his mount, the lance will not be so effective, but he'll just has to rely on his brute strength to kill a lion.

Attacking blue if its still standing, switch to pink if blue is out
Lance, no magic, PA, flank: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33
damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Lance, no magic, PA, flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

After a loud crack and a ripple of arcane energy, silence falls across the museum as the construct guards freeze in place and haunted relics drop to the ground. Nigel’s voice rings out, magically projected throughout the museum: “We’ve disabled the magical security measures. Since we haven’t found the thieves yet, they must be hiding in my third-story study. Please subdue them; they have much to answer for!”

The clatter of a Pathfinder toppling a clockwork defender garbles some of Nigel Aldain’s announcement, and there are still intermittent sounds of battle throughout the museum. There’s no question that the Society’s efforts have quelled the worst of the trouble, and hopefully that will reassure whoever hides on the third floor.

@Table GMs: You have until October 19 to run Part C on page 14. The “Subdued Defenses” condition on page 16 is in effect.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

Round #2: AC 24 ☤ Medic’s Report ☤ Holly: 50/72, Fandral: 81/84, Amaranti: 93 - 43 = 50/93

Luisila drops her wand draws her whip and moves 10’ around Giovanni. The priestess stikes out at the blue lions (she 'threatens' both) to try and distract them from the fighter.

Aid Melee: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

If >= 10, +2 to Giovanni’s first attack (non-magical)

Grand Lodge

Giovanni takes a 5’ step and attempts to drop the blue lion with his chain.

+2 duelling chain (no magic) + aid melee + prone: 1d20 + 22 - 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 22 - 3 + 2 + 4 = 38
damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 = 11

iterative (no magic) + prone: 1d20 + 17 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 17 - 3 + 4 = 32
damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 1) + 7 = 10

If blue is already down, Giovanni advances 10’ to hit pink once, with non-prone target ⇒ +2 duelling chain (no magic) + aid melee: 13 + 22 - 3 + 2 = 34

EDIT: Full disclosure, removed flanking bonuses. Not sure Giovanni flanks with Amaranti.


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Amaranti, did you remember to reduce your strength from not having your belt active? I think your to hit is 2 high and your damage is 3 high. I may have missed something though, so let me know.

Holly’s blade seems able to do very little against the flesh of these beasts.

Amaranti manages to draw some more blood with his first hit. If you modifiers we’re right, the second is a hit as well. Let me know.

Luisila aid Giovanni in his next attempt. But Giovanni is just barely unable to trip the naturally stable large cat. His chain manages to hit on a return strike, but it seems to do very little.

They are both still up.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

Back. My only real complaint is that I don't sound like THAT . . .. Well, not much.


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Giovanni, you will still have hit, but how are you getting that +22 without magic? 10 BAB + 4 dex + 2 weapon training (gloves aren’t working) +1 Weapon focus = 17. Am I missing something?

Edit: Ah it was botting. Thanks for botting by the way ;)

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

No worries. I did subtract 3 from the +22, for +2 weapon and +2 belt of dex. It's possible probable that I missed something though :)

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

Almost guaranteed. Giovanni's got magic items to boost his class abilities, magic weapons, magic items to counter some of his own tactics being used against him, etc. I actually made a spreadsheet so I didn't have to recalculate in various circumstances. Don't have the computer it was on anymore, though.

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 81/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

Fandral takes a five foot step up and attacks

Swift action, Spend a point of panache to double my precision damage
attack #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 10 = 16
critical threat: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 1 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
If it is confirmed, let me know if has more than 5 HD

attack #2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 5 = 11

if attacked:

parry #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
riposte: 1d6 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 5 = 15
parry #2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
parry #3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
parry #4: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Fandral, was that on blue or pink, either way, they aware both still up. And they definitely have more than 5 HD.

I’m going to bot Avelina to keep things moving:

We will overcome you, it is time for you to surrender before one of you gets killed.
intimidate on pink: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

Pink presses it’s attack first. Most worried about Amaranti, As he is consistently doing damage to her sister. Her worry is showing through in her attacks. Shaken
claw: 1d20 + 21 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 21 - 2 = 341d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
claw: 1d20 + 21 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 21 - 2 = 321d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
bite: 1d20 + 21 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 21 - 2 = 261d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Her sister continues the attack on the man who continually skewers her.
claw: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 21 - 4 = 311d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
claw: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 21 - 4 = 251d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
bite: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 21 - 4 = 221d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Round 2
Fandral
Luisila
Amaranti 87 (with loss of con from belt - barely dead, Kaishaga is suppressed.)
Giovanni

Round 3
Avelina
Holly 22

Monster (blue) (very badly beat up, but unknown damage), not emanating an antimagic field (but within Pink’s), prone.
Monster (pink), shaken, anti magic field.

Amaranti is very breath of lifeable, if you can get him out of the antimagic field.

Are you sure that you do not wish to surrender?

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

"Surrender? No. Not even close. You? Getting nervous, yet? You should be, you know . . .."

Now, who should I be putting where? Ah, I know.

"Bad kitty. Play dead."

Giovanni reaches out and tries to simply do damage to the closer foe (blue).

BAB+Normal Dex+MW Weapon+Weapon Focus+Weapon Training
Primary Attack No Magic No Good Hope: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 21
<pout> I don't like that number, but I'll still roll damage in case. Base +1.5x Str for 2-handed+Weapon Training.
Damage No Magic No Good Hope: 2d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 + 2 = 9

"Now, about YOU . . .. Sit."

Giovanni reaches past the first cat to Trip the second.

Iterative is above-5+4 for Trip Feats
Trip: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Dice are STILL not on my side! I'm betting that failed, but if it did not, then being tripped will provoke. Giovanni's AoO will be a straight damage attack, should it matter.
AoO: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
<maniacal laughter>
Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

Round #3: AC 24 ☤ Medic’s Report ☤ Holly: 50/72, Fandral: 81/84, Amaranti: **Needs a breath of life NOW**

“Cats, we’re not surrendering. However …”

The cleric begins making ‘coconut hoof-beats’ with her two cupped hands.

♫ The Pathfinders ran away.
Bravely ran away away.

When lions roared from both their heads,
The humans turned their tails and fled.

Yes, the brave Pathfinders turned about,
And gallantly they chickened out.

Swiftly taking to their feet,
They beat a very brave retreat.

Explore, report, retreat, sayeth the Pathfinders! ♫

Her face is grim. “You’ve downed our friend. We can do the same to your sister. Then things get interesting …”

“Instead, why don’t you withdraw and let us do the same with our injured friend. We will promise not to re-enter your territory. Deal?”

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Proposal:

Avelina convinces the lions to stand down with a good Diplomacy roll.

Redo Giovanni’s turn to have him move 10’ to reposition Amaranti out of Pink’s anti-magic field. (provokes if the lions don't stand down)

I’m not sure exactly how close Giovanni can reposition Amaranti to Luisila using his first roll, but worse case if he puts Amaranti 5’ to the east, Luisila can burn a boon to grant haste for a round to single move to Amaranti’s side and breath of life him.

In the ensuing rounds, if the lions don’t back down the highest hp people shield Amaranti until he’s up, and then we get the heck outa Dodge!

Wotcha think?

breath of life: 5d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 8, 1, 1, 7) + 9 = 32

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

"You have both shown that you are worthy foes and we thank you for your courage in defense of the Blackros museum. Now it is time for us to disengage so that we might be able to lend our aid in protecting the museum as you have done already for Nigel. Allow us to depart with our wounded friend and we will press our attack on you no further."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

The pink lion looks at her sister and considers your argument for a quick second.

Yes, you have been fun to play with, but if you must get going... Fine, there are plenty of other things to have fun with.

The dweomerlions retract their claws, and will harm you no further, but are reluctant to leave their current location (suppressing Kaisharga, whom they view as a threat) until you have left the immediate area, this means that Fandral will still need to make his bull rush, but that he will not need to worry about the AOOs. He needs to roll anything but a 1.

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 81/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

Fandral moves and attempts to drag his friend out of the magic anti magic zone.

reposition: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

"Come on big guy, you are not dying on us today"

Silver Crusade

AC 18 T 13(18 incorp. touch) FF 17 | HP 88/88 | F +14 R +14 W +11 (+22 vs charm/compulsion) | Init +16| Perc +10
Spells Per Day Remaining:
5-3/4 4-7/7 3-8/8 2-7/8 1-8/8
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Threefold Aspect

Avelina pops the scroll of breath of life out of her wrist sheath and reads from it over the (soon-to-be-not) dead Amaranti.

Use Magic Device (divine magic, good hope+heroic echo): 1d20 + 31 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 31 + 3 = 52
Breath of Life: 5d8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2, 5, 5, 4) + 9 = 29


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

With a sudden sucking breath, Amaranti is returned to life. With the return of his life comes the return of his con from his belt as well. 58 damage left, putting him at 31 out of 89 hitpoints once the temporary negative level is taken into account.

I’m assuming that you take a moment to heal up, if so please post how you do so. If you then decide to head up to the third floor now that the ward is down, read the spoiler.

if you head up to the third floor:
The mahogany walls and domed, plaster ceiling both show signs of heavy damage. Most of the luxurious furniture and the crystal chandelier are intact. The contents of cabinets and bookcases lie strewn about the floor. A small wooden panel near the door hangs open, revealing an arcane sigil covered in scorch marks.
A Kellid woman dressed in furs with intricate scars all over her body steps forward. She holds a hand up and says, “Stay back. We are members of the Twinhorn following, and we have only come to retrieve what was stolen from us.”
A towering figure steps forward; his translucent red form is that of a man clad in heavy armor and wielding twin warhammers. “Medda, they must be in league with the thieves; they should die for crossing us.” The man’s voice sounds hollow and unnaturally loud, and as he speaks, the chandelier glows with a dull light.
The woman, Medda, puts a hand on the figure’s arm and says, “Maybe we should give them a chance to explain themselves, Anok.”

101 to 150 of 169 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] [PFS Gameday VI] GM MichaelCullen's Solstice Scar 10-11 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.