Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] [PBP Gameday VI] GM MichaelCullen's Solstice Scar 10-11

Game Master MichaelCullen

PBP Gameday VI Solstice Scar for levels 10-11. This is a regular Non Core table. MAPS


1 to 50 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Welcome to Solstice Scar for levels 10-11. This is a regular Non Core table. Feel free to dot in.

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 84/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

Dot

Silver Crusade

AC 18 T 13(18 incorp. touch) FF 17 | HP 88/88 | F +14 R +14 W +11 (+22 vs charm/compulsion) | Init +16| Perc +10
Spells Per Day Remaining:
5-3/4 4-7/7 3-8/8 2-7/8 1-8/8
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Threefold Aspect

Dotting in the name of the Goddess

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

polka

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

A very fashionable dot.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

Fashionably late as always, Luisila breezes into the room, smiling and waving.

“Hello, beautiful people. Luisila’s here.”

The green-eyed half-elf brushes something off the front of her silk ball gown before trading *air kisses* with Holly.

“Hi, darling. What’s your name?”

She raises an eyebrow over the Dervish’s shoulder in Avelina’s direction and whispers:

“Who’s the princess? Someone’s trying just a little too hard …”

Before swooping over to the Inheritor’s pseudo-sorcerer, fiddling with the Mendevian Medal for Gallantry pinned over her left breast, as she executes a perfect bob.

“Were you at the glorious little soiree the Blakros’ hosted at Fiddlemourn Manor last month, My Lady?”

Slight inclination of the head in Holly’s direction. “My friend doesn’t remember seeing you there.”

Luisila then spins on her heel to address the others. “Threv wept, fellas! What’s a girl have to do to get a drink around here?”

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

"Go to the bar and order it. Like anyone else." You get the impression someone's not so impressed . . ..

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Holly is standing with a glass of white wine in hand and wearing the latest in Taldan fashions with jewelry to match. I young lady stands off and behind her left shoulder awaiting the moment formal introductions are to made. Holly exchanges air kisses with Luisila. With a slight lifting of her chin she informs "I am Lady Holly Day al-Hadir. And you are?"

"As to whom the one parading herself around as a princess, I know not whom she is. Shall we go and ask?"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF
Giovanni Valdriano wrote:
"Go to the bar and order it. Like anyone else."

“Thank the goddess you’re here! Why ever didn’t I think of doing that myself?” Luisila *rolls* her eyes behind the Chained Fighter’s back.

Holly wrote:
"I am Lady Holly Day al-Hadir. And you are?"

“Well my elven name is Luisilataniamarinas nagy matriarcha a hit aki bosszúból megölte minden ellenségét megízlelte sting találkozott és elvette tízezer szerelmesek azt mondják, hatalmas Threv maga az, aki az elhagyott fattyú gyermek neve a.”

Elven:
“Luisilataniamarinas the great matriarch of the faith who wallowed in revenge by slaying every enemy of the Savored Sting she encountered and took ten thousand lovers including it is said mighty Threv himself is who this abandoned bastard half-breed child is named for.”

“Elves have rather a lot of time on their hands, you know.”

Luisila tugs an earlobe. “My human foster parents named me Luisila Chastity Mountjoy. (They were such kidders!)”

Then Holly wrote:
"As to whom the one parading herself around as a princess, I know not whom she is. Shall we go and ask?"

Luisila offers her arm and nods. “Let’s.”

Silver Crusade

AC 18 T 13(18 incorp. touch) FF 17 | HP 88/88 | F +14 R +14 W +11 (+22 vs charm/compulsion) | Init +16| Perc +10
Spells Per Day Remaining:
5-3/4 4-7/7 3-8/8 2-7/8 1-8/8
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Threefold Aspect

Avelina turns around and smiles politely at Luisila. "I am afraid that I did not attend that function. Perhaps you thought of the Blakros wedding?"

Avelina's Appearance:
Her outfit has much in common with the standard Iomedaean cassock. However, the yellow trim has been replaced with a more ostentatious gilding, the skirt only goes to the knee and is pleated, and the arms are sleeveless. Her leather opera gloves and thigh-high boots match the same style. Most of her wavy golden blonde hair is back in a ponytail held by at least half-a-dozen ad hoc ties, but a few loose locks frame her face.

Two engraved tomes hang from belt cords on her right, and a longsword modeled after Iomedae's holy symbol hangs in a ruby-encrusted scabbard on her left. Her spring-loaded wrist sheaths are the same ivory and gold color as her gloves. Eleven wands, one for each of Iomedae's Acts, are sheathed in her belt, each engraved in raised letters with a single word such as "Honor" or "Purity" on it.

Her polite smile turns to one of glee as she hears Luisila's full name. She hops up and down and claps.

"Ooooh! Are we doing full introductions?! I so rarely get to do mine anymore."

She clears her throat and straightens her back, her chin held high and proud.

"Crusader Princess Avelina Theodosia Iomedae Rydell Cecilia Galfrey, Heir Presumptive to the Bladed Crown of the Diamond City, Knight-Duchess of Egede and Its Outlying Territories, Sword and Shield of the Inheritor, Sword Knight of the Third Circle, Knight-Commander in the Most Holy Order of the Crimson Charge, Protector of the Faith, Sworn Nemesis of Baphomet and Deskari, and Patron of the Knights of Ozem."

She shrugs and waves off the title, still smiling.

"But we don't stand on ceremony in Mendev, so feel free to simply call me Avelina, or Your Grace."

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

“Very generous of you.”

Luisila cuts her sarcastic tone abruptly as a thought strikes her. Waaait … What did she say her name was?

“Avelina, when you say your name is ‘Galfrey,’ do you mean you’re related to Queen Galfrey of Mendev?”

Luisila grins broadly and cosies up to the sorcerer. “As your new best friend, I’d be careful who you reveal that information to.”

“Calistria Knows, there are so many sycophants and gold-diggers about.”

Silver Crusade

AC 18 T 13(18 incorp. touch) FF 17 | HP 88/88 | F +14 R +14 W +11 (+22 vs charm/compulsion) | Init +16| Perc +10
Spells Per Day Remaining:
5-3/4 4-7/7 3-8/8 2-7/8 1-8/8
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Threefold Aspect

Avelina places an open hand on her chest.

"Why yes, the very same. You are right to recognize such a Righteous name as the name of Galfrey, and particularly Auntie herself."

Avelina waves off the comment about being careful.

"Oh, Darling, I have Absolute Faith that I shall always and forever be safe from such banalities. I am in the beautiful, strong, beauteous Hands of the Inheritor, after all."

Avelina pauses as a thought finally catches up to her.

"'New best friend?' That's rather presumptuous, don't you think? My affections are not to be claimed without my permission."

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

“Presumptuous? A cleric of Calistria?”

Luisila gives her head a toss. “Well! I should certainly hope so!”

The half-elf steps away from Avelina with a dramatic sweep of her hand. “But honestly, Your Grace. I was merely proposing friendship, not asking you to marry me.”

“Besides your ‘affections’ no doubt belong to some cross-eyed first cousin from Brevoy or Cheliax, whose soldiers Aunty needs as grist for the Fifth Crusade’s mills.”

Luisila turns suddenly to the Triple-Dagger Dervish. “What do you think, Holly?”

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 84/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

Fandral grabs a few mugs of ale from the bar, then swoops in on the ladies conversation. He wraps an arm around Luisila.

"Ladies, ladies. We shall all be friends in due time." He says handing a mug over to Lusila and offering the other to Avelina. "Here you go, me dears."

"I am Fandral "The Dashing" Devinwood, Captain of the Grinning Pixie and merchant of fine "live stock" and other antiquities. " He gives Avelina a wink.

Fandral's Appearance:
His skinned is tanned from life aboard a ship. He wears a royal purple coat, underneath is a fine set of chain mail. A buckler and a cutlass hangs off of his hip. While a pistol is shoved into the belt on the other side. He always has a smirk on his face.

Silver Crusade

AC 18 T 13(18 incorp. touch) FF 17 | HP 88/88 | F +14 R +14 W +11 (+22 vs charm/compulsion) | Init +16| Perc +10
Spells Per Day Remaining:
5-3/4 4-7/7 3-8/8 2-7/8 1-8/8
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Threefold Aspect

Avelina balks at the implications of some kind of arranged marriage. "Absolutely not! I shall only marry for love." As her eyes take on a far away gaze upon the word "love," she seems to imply that such a candidate is already on her mind.

She graciously takes the mug from Fandral and takes a measured sip, as decorum would dictate. "A pleasure to see you again, kind Fandral. We are to journey together once more!"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

Luisila sculls the ale, daring to expose her neck to everyone’s view!

“Thank-you, Captain Devinwood. I haven’t gone drinking with sailors for … let me see … nearly a week!”

She gently disengages his arm, pulls a travel-stained explorer’s outfit and forest-green cloak from her backpack and begins unbuttoning her ball gown.

“The Grinning Pixie is VC Calisro Benarry’s ship, is it not? How did you come to be her skipper?”

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 84/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

Whoops, I thought that sounded too familiar. I'm running a scenario with her as the point of contact. Oh well. Might as well run with it.

"Ah dear you miss heard me. I said the Dancing Pixie a sister ship to Captain Calisro Benarry's illustrious vessel." Fandral making sure to enunciate this time. "I do not know what she has with pixie's, but she was selling them cheap and needed one to carry my stock back and forth."

"Avelina,I thought that was you my dear. It is a-uh pleasure indeed." he say says, stumbling over his words at the brashness of the elven woman undressing in the open. "Have you been on any more expeditions since our last outing together."

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Holly gives a gracious smile and inclination of her head as Avelina introduces herself.

A young Taldan women dressed in the livery of House al-Hadir. "Your Grace, allow me to introduce Lady Holly Day al-Hadir of Taldor. Consort to the court of Grand Price Stavian the Third. Alumnus of the famed Kitharodian Academy. Guardian of Absalom and hero of Blaispear. Holder of two Shards of the Shattered Star and Scion to House Amatatsu from Tien Xia." The young lady curtsies and steps back towards the wall to await further instruction.

Holly waves the young women away. "I personally have no opinion either way on the Fifth Crusade. That is a battle which I believe may never actually see an end so long as both sides continue as they are."

As Fendral takes his liberties with the two other women Holly gives the slightest of smirks. "That is certainly no way to greet nobility sir. I do hope that you are going to show far better to decorum with the other guests."

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

Sorry, Fandral. Didn’t mean to put you on the spot!

“Ah, my mistake. Though I would have enjoyed hearing how to enter the good graces of VC Benarry.”

Luisila steps one leg into a pair of hard-wearing canvas trousers. "She and the Tymonese dwarf Holgarin Smine may be my favorite VCs."

"There is a distinct lack of BS about them that I find most refreshing."

“Fandral.” Luisila continues as she straightens up. “That is twice you have mentioned ‘live stock’. I assume you do not speak of sheep and goats?”

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 84/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

It's all good.

"That is a tale for another day." He says rubbing the back of his head our of habit. "I have done a couple of missions for Smine as well, he has alway been good to my pockets. Especially with numerian technology. I do not quite get that, but it is precious stuff."

"Nobility, where?" He winks at that short haired girl.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 100 min

"I Amaranti." a gigantic Garundi man joins into the round of introductions. His voice booms loud, and his size makes it hard for him to stay unnoticed. "I no collect names. Amaranti enough," he adds, having heard the long introductions of some of those present.

Amaranti wears his customary chain shirt, leaving his arms bare. This allows him to retain some mobility, and perhaps also gives him the opportunity to show off his well-built biceps. Amaranti raises a mug of ale to his lips, and empties it with one large gulp. A satisfying sigh is followed by a belch, and the Garundi motions the waitress to bring him another.

"Good meet you all!"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

"And you, Amaranti."

Luisila begins lacing the front of the man's jerkin she now wears, before shaking out her auburn hair and attempting to tease it into a ponytail with a leather thong.

"Forgive me, Amaranti. I see you bear a lance."

Unhappy with her first attempt, the h'elf makes a face while extracting the leather loop to try again. "But I didnt notice a horse, or more exotic mount tied up outside."

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 100 min

"Amaranti no ride horse. Ride worm, Kaisharga" Amaranti says, as if it explains it all.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

Looking to the large man calling himself Amaranti, Giovanni bows almost formally. "Refreshing to see another worried about the task at hand and not how to spin it into fame or fortune."

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

"I would be happy to take your share of the loot if you don't want it, Giovanni."

Luisila twirls a faded green cloak around her shoulders, but pauses before fastening the triple-dagger clasp at her throat. "I have been volunteering at a women's shelter in the Puddles District that would make good use of it."

☮️

Did Amaranti say 'wyrm'? I've never met a dragon-rider before.

"I'd love to hear the story of how you trained your wyrm, Amaranti. Is it possible to take me for a ride on Kaisharga sometime?"

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

"Wait did your say worm or wyrm? If it is the former that is intriguing." Holly says with a twinkle in her eye. "Wyrm riders, while rare, are not unheard of. One who rides a "Worm" however, most certainly would be an interesting sight."

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 100 min

Amaranti looks puzzled at Giovanni. The only thing in his hand is a freshly filled mug of ale, and he is not particularly worried about it. Nonetheless, he salutes Giovanni, and shakes the man's hand with an iron grip.

"Is worm." Amaranti confirms Luisila's and Holly Day's inquiries. Pleased to the target of two attractive ladies interest, Amaranti would like to tell them more of his bound mount. But Kaisharga is hard to explain, so best for others to see with their own eyes.

"You want see Kaisharga, worm of Amaranti? I call. You see."

And before anyone has time to object, Amaranti starts chanting in strange voice, and a glowing glyph appears on his forehead.

Scarab Sages

HP: 68/68 | AC:2537 FF: 2133 Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs enchant) | Init: +4 | CMB: +17 | CMD: 31 | Speed: 20/40 | Perception: +11, Sense Motive +8 | Darkvision 60' |SQ: Evasion On-going effects: Mage armor, shield, barkskin

The ground starts to rumble. First, sand starts to appear on the floor, seemingly out of nowhere. Soon, the sand has covered a large area beside Amaranti's feet, and something starts to rise from the sand. It is big. A head appears - a circular mouth full of hundreds of small, sharp teeth. And the creature continues to rise, revealing its sandy, segmented body. Finally, it coils and settles its massive body on the floor, and all the sand disappears without a trace.

"I AM KAISHARGA! I AM THE DEVOURER WURM!" the creature booms in hollow voice, with unmoving mouth. "SUMMONED I COME! I EXPECT A FEAST OF FLESH AND BLOOD AND SOULS!"

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 100 min

"It talk big." Amaranti shrugs, and pats gently Kaisharga's sandy skin. "It behave. Just talk big."

For a while, Amaranti looks thoughtful. The women's talk about the details of the creature type leaves him wondering about what did Kaisharga exactly say it was. But, it looks like a worm, so it must be a worm. Just a big one.

"Now, who want ride?" he asks innocently, pointing at the saddle at the creature's back.

The Exchange

Male Human (Kelish) HP 84/84 |AC 28(32 vs AOO from movement), T19, FF 20| Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +6 |Init +9; Perc +10| Grit/Panache 6 remaining |Charmed life 3 remaining| Conditions:

Ugh, not another damn worm. At least this one seems tamed.

Fandral cocks an eyebrow at Giovanni. "Well tell me then oh noble one, what do you fight for if it not fame or gold?"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

Luisila exchanges looks with Holly and smiles. I guess he did mean Worm.

"Just talk big, Amaranti?? He looks like he'd do EVERYTHING Big!"

The priestess politely declines the offer of Kaisharga's saddle.

"There is a Tien proverb about 'continuing to ride a tiger because you know what will happen to you if you dismount.'"

Luisila lowers her eyes and curtsies. "In this case, I think it wise to avoid the conundrum altogether."

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

Giovanni looks at the worm and shakes his head as he thinks "Something else with no feet or weapons. Why do they always go there?"

As Fandral asks his question, the Varisian relaxes and smiles. "I'm a thug. I was hired to be a thug. I have been paid well to be a thug. I spend my money on equipment to be a better thug. I do not forget where I started and don't try to be anything more than what I am. But, I am the Society's thug. My job is to keep the specialists alive and as safe as possible. That's what I fight for, the people I am sworn to protect. Doesn't mean I have to like the pretentious ones, though." The glance he gives at the end, I think, surprises no one.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Holly politely declines the offer the large mans offer. "Well you do indeed have a worm as a mount. Albeit a rather special worm from what I can tell."

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF

"Pretentious? Moi?"

I've always wanted to say that!

Luisila collapses in a fit of *giggles* "I've always wanted to say that!"

She gives Giovanni a friendly punch on the arm. "Well there's something we have in common, Master Valdriano."

"While I never forget that I came from ~nothing, I see nothing wrong with trying to improve my station for the benefit of myself and others."

Luisila *shrugs* "And then you have all the misdirection and downright deceit that comes with this job that I enjoy so much."

"Though that might just be a cleric of the goddess of Trickery thing."

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★
@Table GMs: If you haven't already, please run "Beginning Part 1" on page 7 of the scenario, and then wait for the next announcement before continuing.
@Players: Please have fun, and remember to explore, report and cooperate at all times.


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

The fourth and final day of training has come to a close at the Grand Lodge of Absalom, heralding the end of this year's Torchbearing. Pathfinders the world over attend this annual symposium to share their knowledge, teach each other new skills, and reinforce their connections across the Inner Sea and beyond. To celebrate the end of festivities, the lodge has hosted a grand banquet in the visiting agents' honor. A refreshing winter breeze blows through an open window, flickering torches and sending papers scattering. The smell of freshly baked desserts fills the air while initiates clear away the remnants of the first course.

If you have the Restful Pathfinder's Lodge Vanity from the Pathfinder Society Field Guide:
If you are a member of the Restful Pathfinders’ Lounge (by possessing the vanity of the same name from page 61 of Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide), you can attend a special private banquet that grants you the benefits of hero’s feast for the duration of Part 1. Each player character with this vanity can invite one guest (such as another PC or an animal companion) to gain the benefits, too.

During the annual Torchbearing, the Three Masters, along with other notable Pathfinders, taught a variety of seminars and panel discussions, from Golarion’s history, to spellcasting techniques, and ran obstacle courses and a triathlon. Rumor has it, Janira Gavix offered an unauthorized but popular class for aspiring bards and other social misfits under 30--inches, not years. You also heard some salacious gossip about an exclusive, late-night VIP experience Zarta Dralneen arranged for some her favorites. According to one hungover Pathfinder who claimed to have been there, a disgruntled Drandle Dreng was turned away at the door.

An older man disheveled looking man, a shaman if memory serves, approaches. The spirits have a lot to say about you, most of it good, but not all of it. He extends his hand to introduce himself. Wadreskus Hall. After finishing introductions, he asks Tell me, what did you learn the most about this Torchbearing?

Each of you should choose one subject corresponding to a skill and explain what you learned. For example you could say that you enjoyed the obstacle course (acrobatics) or debating your fellow pathfinders (diplomacy). As long as it has a reasonable connection and could reasonably occur at the Torchbearing, then it should be fine.


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

-----BEGINNING KNOWLEDGE #1-----

You learn all of the information whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local) check.

DC 15+:
The Three Masters use the event to keep an eye out for particularly talented agents that embody the Pathfinder Society ideals: Explore, Report, and Cooperate.

DC 20+:
At the end of the Torchbearing, the most exemplary agents are publicly recognized and given special wayfinders.

DC 25+:
Sometimes Pathfinder agents disappear for hours during the course of events. Rumors suggest they are brought before The Decemvirate, but no one can agree on why.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

"I was most fortunate to get in on a class with a master lock breaker and trap disabler. As you might imagine the class was quickly populated by those who would use those skills for their own gain. I on the other hand was hoping to learn skills that could keep me out of harms way when the Society deems it necessary to send me into the field rather than to a noble court or high society function where I already shine and know what to do."

"It was most fascinating having to manipulate such tiny mechanisms with delicate precision. The instructor even rigged it so that we would get a small jolt when we fouled up just so that we could remember that there is always the chance of a consequence from getting it wrong."

"The best part though is that I got to use that set of finely crafted tools I bought so long ago and have not used in what seems like ages at this point. I was giddy with excitement like I have not been in years."


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Lookin keenly at Holly Day, or at least keenly at the air right above her shoulder, Ahh yes, you seem to have attracted the spirit of a small field mouse. I think I can convince her to stay and help you out for a while. Wadreskus reaches into his pocket and pulls out some sunflower seeds. He murmurs something and the seeds burst into a little puff of smoke.

Holly Day:
Disable Device is treated as a class skill for you, if it is already a class skill, you instead get a +1 bonus. This will last the adventure.

about Wadreskus, ANYONE can read:
The adventure lets us insert one of our favorite pathfinders into this part. Wadreskus was one of my favorite characters, though he is now retired. He is a Heavans Shaman, with the animist archetype. He sees everything as caused by little spirits that take the form of animals. With the animist archetype he can even talk to the spirits that cause bad conditions and convince them to leave. Whether or not these spirits really exist, or they are figments of his mind, they seem quite real to him (especially because he can interact with the trouble making ones). For Wadreskus, the knowledge you gained, takes the form of some animal spirit.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 100 min

Beginning knowledge, gather information: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
"Amaranti hear Zarta keep good party. Amaranti want join, but not get invite. Amaranti try talk sweet, but no get in. Amaranti speak threats, but no invite. Then Amaranti get idea: join party with no invite. With magic Amaranti go invisible, and hush-hush sneak in.

Amaranti learn, when talk no work, sneaky ways work. But Amaranti also learn, best no go to Zarta's bedroom, even when sneaky. See too much. No can unsee."


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1

Amaranti, a trickster possum spirit seems to be following you. I will tell it a joke and perhaps it will help you stay hidden. Possum spirits are good at distracting guards and such.

Amaranti:
You are considered trained in stealth, if you are already trained, you instead get a +1 bonus. This lasts the adventure.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF
Wadreskus Hall wrote:
The spirits have a lot to say about you, most of it good but not all ...

"Story of my life, Seeker Hall."

Luisila *winks* "I went to a seminar presented by Drandle Dreng. Perhaps the only lecture I've ever attended where the presenter himself had trouble staying awake."

"It was entitled Crouching Cretin, Hidden Badass: the Art of Penetrating Disguises and Traps, and was interesting, despite being held at 2am on Day 4."

Luisila *yawns* covering her mouth demurely. "My apologies, Master Hall. If you're looking for a Day Job in retirement, VC Dreng said the Black Mask Costume Shop where he moonlights is hiring."

"Apparently, his senior citizen and employee discounts stack."

Take 10 Diplomacy (gather information): 10 + 6 = 16

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Diplomacy (gather information), Take 10: 10 + 20 = 30

"Has anyone heard who is being selected for special recognition this year? I personally have yet to be able to pry any of that information from anyone. It appears that they wish to keep it a surprise this year."

Holly looks around the crowd of fellow Pathfinders trying to judge if everyone is here that she has seen over the past four days. "I am curious as to if anyone was called before the Decemvirate this year. At that that is the assumed general consensus for those that disappear for hours at a time during the Torchbearing"


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1
Luisila wrote:

"Apparently, his senior citizen and employee discounts stack."

You don’t say? Wadreskus says with a look of bemusement on his face. Dreng charged me full price just last week. I was looking for a new clasp for my cloak. My old one was this nice leaf shaped clasp. I offered it to a raccoon spirit in return for helping me out. You can find all sorts of great knick nacks at a costume store.

Looking up, Wadreskus smiles once more, pulling a dead mouse out of his pocket. Once again making it disappear in a wisp of smoke.

whispering to Luisila DC 20 perception check if you are not her:
It looks like you attracted a snowy owl spirit. Very wise and quite noble birds. But don’t let Holly Day’s mouse hear about it. The mouse might run away.

Luisila:
Perception is treated as a class skill, if it is already a class skill, then you get a +1 bonus. This lasts till the end of the adventure.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Fighter 10 HP 94/94 | AC31 T17 FF27 | CMD30+ | F+13 R+10 W+4+ | Init+5 | Perc-1 | SM-1 | 6/6 AOOs

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 You're kidding, right?

Giovanni laughs. "Well, outside of the unofficial sparring matches, I spent some time in a discussion about working with unusual animals. Some of the naturey types were discussing the tricks of convincing wild animals to follow your commands without a Speak with Animals spell. I had never considered that some of the magical beasts respond to the same cues as great cats. I hope that never proves useful, but you never know . . .."

Silver Crusade

AC 18 T 13(18 incorp. touch) FF 17 | HP 88/88 | F +14 R +14 W +11 (+22 vs charm/compulsion) | Init +16| Perc +10
Spells Per Day Remaining:
5-3/4 4-7/7 3-8/8 2-7/8 1-8/8
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Threefold Aspect

Avelina takes 10 on her diplomacy (gather info) for 40, 48 if the subject is humans/humanity

Avelina walks in looking quite pleased with herself.

"I went to a presentation on the history of Iomedae's life as a mortal! Where she traveled, who she interacted with, what items she used that might now potentially be artifacts. Naturally, I had to correct the presenter a few times. He clearly didn't mind, as he said that since I seem to know so much, I should give the presentation next time."

I'm trying to go for knowledge (religion) here

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 10 l HP 50/72 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +11 l CMD 27 l Fort +6/Ref +15/Will +9 l Percep +14 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 2/28

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 Because trying to listen in on conversations they are not part of just comes natural to those involved in politics of a noble court.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 11 | HP 115/115 | AC 24 | T 15 | FF 20 | Fort +17 | Ref +12 | Will +18 (+2 vs enchant) | CMD 24 (+1 vs grapple) | Init +5 | Perc +22 | SM +5 | 0/5 Channels | 0/7 BoL | 0/1 GF
Wadreskus Hall wrote:
I was looking for a new clasp for my cloak.

"Did you keep your receipt, Master Hall?"

Luisila digs through one of the overstuffed pockets on her explorer's outfit, finally extracting a wooden disk bearing the profile of a frog-like outsider. A simple clasp is attached to its back.

"This is one of my backup holy symbols. The image represents the Death Slaad Threv, Calistria's Enforcer and one of Her Handmaid/mens. He looks not unlike a toad, don't you think?"

"Here, take it." She wraps the clasp in the shaman's hand. "And take revenge by obtaining a full refund from the Old Goat."

$ £ € ¥

Luisila curtseys graciously for Avelina. "Your Grace. I believe I made your acquaintance on Day One."

She has a cheerful greeting for Master Aldriano in a *mock* deep, growly voice. "GIOVANNI."

Holly Day wrote:
"Has anyone heard who is being selected for special recognition this year?"

"I confess I haven't, Holly."

Luisila trades *air kisses* with the bard again. "That new VC ... Hmm ... I forget her name, deserves something."

"She's done so much for the Flaxseed Lodge in Cassomir."


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1
Giovanni Valdriano wrote:
"Well, outside of the unofficial sparring matches, I spent some time in a discussion about working with unusual animals. Some of the naturey types were discussing the tricks of convincing wild animals to follow your commands without a Speak with Animals spell. I had never considered that some of the magical beasts respond to the same cues as great cats. I hope that never proves useful, but you never know . . .."

Wadreskus looks over Giovani,

Hmmm, not all animals can be reasoned with. Sometimes animals respond best to a show of strength. I think I will bond a bull spirit to you, other animals will respect that. Yes, a bull seems right. Something strong.

Giovanni:
Treat handle animal as a class skill, if it is already a class skill then instead you get a +1 bonus.

——————————

Holly Day wrote:
"I am curious as to if anyone was called before the Decemvirate this year. At that that is the assumed general consensus for those that disappear for hours at a time during the Torchbearing"

Just remember Holly, rumors tell us a lot, but not always the truth.

——————————

Avelina of Mendev wrote:
"I went to a presentation on the history of Iomedae's life as a mortal! Where she traveled, who she interacted with, what items she used that might now potentially be artifacts. Naturally, I had to correct the presenter a few times. He clearly didn't mind, as he said that since I seem to know so much, I should give the presentation next time."

Wadreskus looks with some alarm at Avelina, It would make sense that you picked up a Lion, the animal of your goddess. I think it will treat you well no matter what I do. Though I am not sure how it will treat me.

Avelina:
Treat knowledge religion as a class skill, if it is already a class skill, you get a +1 bonus


Male Human Expert 1 Warrior 1
Luisila wrote:

Luisila digs through one of the overstuffed pockets on her explorer's outfit, finally extracting a wooden disk bearing the profile of a frog-like outsider. A simple clasp is attached to its back.

"This is one of my backup holy symbols. The image represents the Death Slaad Threv, Calistria's Enforcer and one of Her Handmaid/mens. He looks not unlike a toad, don't you think?"

"Here, take it." She wraps the clasp in the shaman's hand. "And take revenge by obtaining a full refund from the Old Goat."

A toad indeed, but far more powerful. I think I rather like this clasp. Wadreskus uses the holy symbol to secure his cloak, removing the clasp he recently bought. But refunds are not how I usually get my revenge. I usually make sure it is eloborate, but still good natured. The goat idea is a good one, I will have to see what I can come up with.

1 to 50 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] [PFS Gameday VI] GM MichaelCullen's Solstice Scar 10-11 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.