Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

PFS Murder on the silken caravan

Game Master Merisal The Risen


201 to 237 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Aether Kineticist 1
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Disable Device +8, Perception +4, Sleight of Hand +8 (+12 to hide objects on your body (doesn't stack with heavy clothing but does with bonuses for attempting to hide small objects)), Stealth +7
Stats:
HP 13/13 Init +3 Perc +4 | F+6 R+5 W+1/+3 vs divination | AC 15/13FF/12T | CMB +0 CMD 13

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 4

"I don't see the caravan's tracks anywhere...we've gone off course. Say, how did we get over to this temple anyhow? Clearly we'd better backtrack. Whose Rovagug's-bottom idea was it to take a side trip to look at this temple..."

Lulu clambers back on her camel, muttering to herself, then looks up, surprised. "Um...which way did we come from?"

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38 half-elf warpriest/3 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

"Shouldn't we search the bodies of the flyers in case they carried anything of value that didn't break when they fell?" FAeran proceeds to do just that, starting with the 'mother' of the group.

Liberty's Edge

M 12/26HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

Aye, that be a good idea faeran, I'll look for our path outta here.
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 I doubt that's enough, but maybe with an assist or two?


You gather the remnants of the chest and check the harpies for loot they like to keep the weight down when flying?. You quickly realise that the temple is actually set into the wall of the canyon but the trail continues onward.

A short time later the smell of water in the air as you leave the mountain pass indicates that the Shat-al-Qadr River runs somewhere nearby. You have found your heading again. As you round a final talus slope, you discover something altogether unexpected. The very caravan you have sought waits before you, the merchants and drovers kneeling with their arms bound behind their backs and the camels clustered nearby. Among these captives walk a dozen or so armed warriors wrapped in the dark robes and helms of the desert bandits you fought before. Standing with his back to you, not ten feet away, is the armored form of the Taldan knight, Gaspar du Mer. He holds his wide-bladed sword in one hand and clutches the tied arms of the caravan mistress Jamila al-Shafah with the other as he shouts orders to the brigands. Jamila spots you and breaks away from Gaspar calling out "Jairo lend me your aid" Gaspar spots you and issues his own challenge. "Dare one of you face me in one to one combat" five of his hobgoblin allies move towards you as a large humanoid figure forms out of the very air and attacks the hobgoblins surrounding the captives.

Initiatives:

Deyno Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Elado: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Faeran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Lulwa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Tholand: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Gasper: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
hobgoblins: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Initiatives (Bold to act)

Elado
Deyno

Gasper du Mer
Faeran
Lulwa
Hobgoblins
Tholand

There are more hobgoblins fighting the large humanoid as well caravan merchants behind the hobgoblins but that is not your fight

Grand Lodge

Human Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Elado forms a ball of ice in his hand and flings it at Gaspar.

snowball: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
DC 14 FORT or be staggered for a round. Gaspar's movement is reduced by 5 feet and cannot take a 5ft step if I hit.

Liberty's Edge

M 12/26HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

Aye! Only cowards fight wit blades, but I'll take ye up on that. Tholand's been itching for a real fight and is upset with the innocent people he's been unable to protect. This ends 'ere Gaspar!

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38 half-elf warpriest/3 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

Faeran readies an arrow to fire if anyone of Gaspar's minions interferes in what is hoped will be otherwise a fair fight. or if Tholand falls to Gaspar, the arrow goes to Gaspar.

Scarab Sages

Male Tian-Dan 76/76 HP| AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 18, Electricity Resistance 5|| Fort +10 Ref +4, Will +6(+2 vs Spells cast by self or an ally)| Blood Rage 22/22

A Draconic roar breaks through the air. Deyno answers the challenge, claws form from his finger tips and the air crackles around him. He moves in five foot step and lashes out with powerful swings.

power attack
claw #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

claw #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


fort save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

The snowball hits Gasper square on the chest. He chuckles "The mage wishes to go toe to toe with" The smile fades as Deyno steps up to claw at him landing a blow with one claw that finds a weakness in his plate armour. the second attack misses "Deal with the dishonourable wizards" he barks at the hobgoblins. "I'll deal with this dragon wannabe myself" he snarls at Deyno as he swings his sword at him twice

bastard sword attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
sword damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
bastard sword attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
sword damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

He misses twice and almost nods at his opponent in respect as he shifts his grip to both hands on the blade hilt

Initiatives (Bold to act)

Elado
Deyno
Gasper du Mer (-20)
Faeran
Lulwa

Hobgoblins
Tholand

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38 half-elf warpriest/3 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

Since gaspar called for his minions to attack the party wizards, which means probably the whole party, FAeran will try to place an arrow into the closest hobgoblin before battle is enjoined.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
dmg if hits: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The Exchange

Aether Kineticist 1
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Disable Device +8, Perception +4, Sleight of Hand +8 (+12 to hide objects on your body (doesn't stack with heavy clothing but does with bonuses for attempting to hide small objects)), Stealth +7
Stats:
HP 13/13 Init +3 Perc +4 | F+6 R+5 W+1/+3 vs divination | AC 15/13FF/12T | CMB +0 CMD 13

"See, this is why I hate rich Taldans," says Lulu in a Taldane-inflected drawl.

She pulls some sandy soil up with a flick of the hand, and flings it towards the nearest hobgoblin.

PBS, Blast: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
for: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Has Lulu even rolled above a 10 on attacks in this game? :D


Faerans arrow catches one before he has chance to raise his shield. Lulwa sends sand that deflects off the corner of anothers shield

lulwa:
yep to add insult to injury you missed by one vs their flat footed

the hobgoblins pile through on to the rest of the party although Deyno takes the opportunity to drop the one with an arrow sticking out of him.

The rest swing at the others in the party but only the one attacking Faeran hits

dice rolls:

deyno aoo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
aoo damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Hobgoblin star vs Lulwa: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Hobgoblin circle vs Faeran: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Hobgoblin diamond vs Elado: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Hobgoblin square vs Tholand: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Initiative
Tholand
Elado
Deyno

Gasper (-20)
Faeran (-14 Five on top of the nine from the last fight?)
Lulwa
Hobgoblins

(added some shapes to the hobgoblins so you can determine which is which)

Grand Lodge

Human Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perc +4

The rush of hobgoblins forces Elado back a step. He perceives Gasper to be the greatest threat to the group and sends a wave of confusion in his direction.

Elado takes a 5ft step back and casts Bungle on Gasper, DC 15 will save or -20 on next d20 roll.

Scarab Sages

Male Tian-Dan 76/76 HP| AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 18, Electricity Resistance 5|| Fort +10 Ref +4, Will +6(+2 vs Spells cast by self or an ally)| Blood Rage 22/22

Deyno continues the onslaught.

claw #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

claw #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38 half-elf warpriest/3 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

Faeran steps back from the hobgoblin, calls upon 'holy strike' blessing and shoots him again.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
clw: 1d8 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (5) + 1 = 9


dice rolls:
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
sword attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
sword damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
sword attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
sword damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Elado's spell seems to bounce off Gasper laughs "I'll deal with you -OOF" This time he evades Deynos first attack but the second catches him in the gut. With sword now in both hands he swings and connects two blows in quick succession. You hit hard but I hit more often Draco boy!" He taunts Deyno.

Faeran steps back and unleashes an arrow at his attacker. It hits but does not stop him
I am assuming you are hitting him with an arrow infused with warpriest powers not a cure light wounds spell

Initiative
Bold to act

Elado
Deyno (-19)
Gasper (-36)
Faeran (-14 Five on top of the nine from the last fight?)
Tholand
Lulwa

Hobgoblins (Circle (-9) others (-0))

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38 half-elf warpriest/3 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

i'm sorry yes, that was a 'dmg' roll not a clw roll... just a slight brain fart there

Grand Lodge

Human Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Elado harumphs at his last effort being ineffectual. Looks like you have your hands full, Gasper.

Elado generates his default ray of cold and sends it at Faeran's target hobgoblin.

Ray in melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 = 181d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Liberty's Edge

M 12/26HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

Tholand will attempt a Stunning fist against the star hobgoblin.
Stunning Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 DC 14 fort save or be stunned.
Man when it comes to fights I've been rolling crap!


dice rolls:

square attacks Tholand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
star attacks Lulwa: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
star crit threat: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
diamond attacks Elado: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Circle attacks Faeran: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Tholand damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Lulwa damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Lulwa delays hoping for a better opportunity

The hobgoblins edge around the party. One lands takes full advantage of catching Tholad in between two opponets to delver a vicious sword stroke. Another catches Lulwa in the gut. Elado steps back and delivers a frost ray onto the hurt hobgoblin. His face covered in frost he fights on doggedly

Initiative

Elado
Deyno (-19)
Lulwa(-5)

Gasper (-36)
Faeran (-14 Five on top of the nine from the last fight?)
Tholand (-10)
Hobgoblins (Circle (-13) others (-0))

(I will also take actions from Tholand and Faeran on the basis that Gasper if still standing will go after Deyno again)

Scarab Sages

Male Tian-Dan 76/76 HP| AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 18, Electricity Resistance 5|| Fort +10 Ref +4, Will +6(+2 vs Spells cast by self or an ally)| Blood Rage 22/22

YOU ARE FINISHED Deyno roars right into the face as he thrust his claws into Gaspur.

claw #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

claw #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Grand Lodge

Human Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Elado's eyes go wide at Deyno's display of savagery and makes reactive clawing with his hands.

Liberty's Edge

M 12/26HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

Tholand, now visibly upset will strike at the one that hit him. Oi! Knock it off you oversized ugly goblin! He will grab the neck of the hobgoblin and give a vicious knee to the face. Stunning Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Last one of the day[b]DC: 14 Fort


Deynos first claw strikes two Gasper winces and just about manages to ride the second

"NOO! I am the superior fighter" He makes two quick swings at Deyno. The first misses but Deyno is caught out by the quick backswing on the second. Meanwhile the hobgoblin is squared up by Tholands strike but retains hold of his sword. Lulwa continues to await an opportunity

dicerolls:

sword strike 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
sword strike 1 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
sword strike 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
sword strike 2 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Initiative
Bold to act

Faeran (-14 Five on top of the nine from the last fight?)
Lulwa(-5)

Hobgoblins (Circle (-13) Square (-14) others (-0))
Elado
Deyno (-33)
Gasper (-51)
Tholand (-10)

The Exchange

Aether Kineticist 1
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Disable Device +8, Perception +4, Sleight of Hand +8 (+12 to hide objects on your body (doesn't stack with heavy clothing but does with bonuses for attempting to hide small objects)), Stealth +7
Stats:
HP 13/13 Init +3 Perc +4 | F+6 R+5 W+1/+3 vs divination | AC 15/13FF/12T | CMB +0 CMD 13

Lulu, stuck in between hobgoblins, crouches defensively.

Ugh. Total Defense. I risk multiple AoO's unless I score really good Acrobatics rolls, and then I'll run into Gasper.

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38 half-elf warpriest/3 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

Faeran fires an arrow at the nearest foe.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
dmg if hits: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

to confirm crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
extra dmg if crits: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9


dice rolls:

diamond on Faeran: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
star on Tholand: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23
diamond confirm on Faeran: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
diamond damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
star damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Faerans shot hits a hobgoblin in the eye and he falls over dead

Another steps to keep both Elado and Faeran threatened and stabs Faeran . A second dances into flanking on Tholand and lands a glancing blow. The third just stands his ground with sword at the ready. He glances over at the fight between Deyno and Gasper

Initiative
Bold to act

Elado
Deyno (-33)

Gasper (-51)
Tholand (-14)
Faeran (-17 Five on top of the nine from the last fight?)
Lulwa(-5)
Hobgoblins (Square (-14) others (-0))

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38 half-elf warpriest/3 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

Faeran steps back out of threat and heals.

...on phone will roll when I get home...

Grand Lodge

Human Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Elado takes a step back and focuses his inner power into a ray of frost. Let's clean this up quickly. Some of us may not survive the onslaught!

RayIntoMelee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 = 131d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

targeting the rhombus

Scarab Sages

Male Tian-Dan 76/76 HP| AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 18, Electricity Resistance 5|| Fort +10 Ref +4, Will +6(+2 vs Spells cast by self or an ally)| Blood Rage 22/22

Deyno snarls at the man, starting to notice the blood loss, he looks to finish this fight quickly.

claw #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

confirming crit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
extra damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

claw #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Faeran and Elado both step back and elado delivers a cool frost to the face of mr diamond rhombus. Deyno delivers a stinging blow that sends Gasper down and a follow up that sends Gasper's head clear off the map. The closest hobgoblin steps towards Deyno and drops his sword at his feet. "All hail the new Chief" he shouts and the other hobgoblins follow his lead

Combat over wrap up post later

Scarab Sages

Male Tian-Dan HP 58/58| Init +2; Per +9| AC 21, T 13, FF 19| Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4|Bloodrage 22/22:Condition::

Deyno's rage subsides, he looks down at the headless body, his claw retracts and he kneels beside the body exhausted. Technically only fatigued

The dragon grows stronger every time I call for his strength.

He looks around at the hobgoblins, not quite knowing what to make of it, he just smiles.

such simple creatures that any show of strength makes someone a candidate to lead them.

Liberty's Edge

hp 17/24 -1 non lethal; AC 14 t11 f13; F 4, R 2, W 6(8 ench); bab 2 +3 melee +4 range; cmb 3 cmd 14; init +1, blessings 4/4 fervor 4/4 wand clw 38 half-elf warpriest/3 | image
skills:
acro 1, bluff 2, climb 1, diplo 7, heal 3, know relgion 5, know engrg 5, perc 9, prof 9, sm 7

not that it really matters much now, but here goes:
clw: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The Exchange

Aether Kineticist 1
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Disable Device +8, Perception +4, Sleight of Hand +8 (+12 to hide objects on your body (doesn't stack with heavy clothing but does with bonuses for attempting to hide small objects)), Stealth +7
Stats:
HP 13/13 Init +3 Perc +4 | F+6 R+5 W+1/+3 vs divination | AC 15/13FF/12T | CMB +0 CMD 13

Lulu runs over to Jamila and unties her. "What in the Nine Hells happened here?", she says, concerned.

Grand Lodge

Human Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Elado mutters a grateful prayer to the White Dragon and waits for Jamila's response curiously.


Jamilla Smiles and hands Lulwa the rope that had tied her hands. The djinn that was taking care of the other twenty or more hobgoblins that were part of Gaspers gang approaches wiht the hobgoblins dead or fleeing. Jamilla raises her hand showing a ring. "Thank you Jairo you are dismissed. The djinn smiles bows and disappears.

Jamila approaches the party and thanks them, "Thank you for your sterling efforts I should let you know the full details of what was goin on here. I admit to being a janni and I have known Targos Min-Katheer for over 40 years, serving as partner both in business and pleasure to the heroic Pathfinder. We had stumbled upon a plot by parties unknown to cripple Qadira’s economy by disrupting trade along the Silken Way. We had narrowed it down to just a few local merchants, but Targos began feeling the effects of his advanced age after suffering from heart pains and decided he would be ineffective in completing the mission. By agreement, rather than allowing Targos to slowly dwindle away from his ailments, I gave him a dose of venom from a desert scorpion, and the famed venture-captain peacefully passed on to the afterlife. I and Targos felt the chances were great that the plotter would use the event of the trade route protector’s death to launch his plot. As such, she carefully ensured that all of the suspected merchants would be on the same caravan on which Targos’s body would travel with his Pathfinder escort."

"My greatest suspicions lay on Hokama but it turns out it was Gaspar who murdered his partner so he could secretly pay off a pair of harpies to waylay travelers along the Silken Way in conjunction with strikes by his hired band of desert brigands. Gaspar had hoped to attract the greater harpy colonies of southern Qadira to the easy pickings of the trade route and thus seal off the route for years to come. Once I realized that the PCs were still alive and could help her, she broke her cover and moved to end the threat to the all-important Silken Way."

The rest of the trip to Katheer is uneventful. Upon arriving in Katheer, Targos Min-Katheer is given a hero’s funeral attended by many Pathfinders (including some of the Ten), as well as notables from the satrap’s court and a few geniekin from the deep desert. Jamila claims Gaspar’s wares as compensation for the danger he placed her caravan under, but she gracefully gives up her ring of djinni summoning over to Pasha Muhlia Al-Jakri for the death of Targos Min-Katheer.

qadira faction mission:

Qadiran Faction Handout
Servant of the Satrap,
I am pleased to learn your next mission shall bring you home. I miss our golden sands and silken cities with all my heart.
Enjoy Qadira’s warm embrace, and know you have my deepest envy.
While you are in the satrapy, I have an important mission for you. I have learned that you accompany the remains of a fellow
Qadiran Pathfinder named Targos Min-Katheer, a venture-captain who supposedly succumbed to old age. I have reason to think
otherwise, and would like you to see if you can discover the truth of his demise. If you find his death was the act of another, you
must collect diyya: the solemn recompense. This diyya can be an item of power, or great value. Once recovered, return it to me
immediately. Beyond this diyya, there need be no vengeance. What is done is done, but we shall demand payment for it.
Additionally, there is a disruption of trade along the Silken Way as of late. This proves most troublesome. We have lost several
caravans to forces unknown. If you discover who is behind this, eliminate them with extreme prejudice.
As always, your toils shall not go unrewarded, and the satrap praises your noble service.
Sincerely,
Pasha Muhlia Al-Jakri


I left a bit in third person when I got to the end of jamilla's speech the last line should read

"Once I realized that you were still alive and could help me, I broke my cover and moved to end the threat to the all-important Silken Way."

201 to 237 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS Murder on the silken caravan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.