[PFS] Granta's Consortium Compact (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

Maps


151 to 200 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Sejiri's serious nature prevails over the enchantment. Seeing Everbloom has the caster of the spell covered, the halfling decides against engaging him (and teaching the kitsune a boring lesson about not shooting to kill) for the time being. Instead, he remains steadfastly glued to the aggressor in front of him.

Rolls:
Sap, IC vs. Blue: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage, IC: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

As Forvenniel looks up from her meal, a rat appears on the floor behind Pal! Technically in his square as it is tiny

rats: 1d3 ⇒ 1

"Rats!" she screams

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
damage?: 1d4 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1

She starts to back out of the inn, content that the meeting appears to be well disrupted.

Dark Archive

Norril's eyes go wide and his song falters for a moment as a blast of magic strikes the bartender. "Woooaaahhh party foul, Z! Bartenders have tavern immunity!" And he is definitely going to call the guards on us now!

Seeing Forvenniel try to dip out of the bar, Norril follows her lead. He makes his way to the door, while downing the rest of his drink, and pulls out his crossbow. Looks like they've got the fight covered, but just in case... man, all this drinking is starting to make my head spin.
________
Lingering Performance, first round.

Sovereign Court

@Zevryn: The requirement is threatening, not attacking. If at least one person is armed and not flat-footed, the penalty applies. Link.

@Sejiri: I edited your action, since Kembe thoroughly KO'd blue.

GM:
Heavy Crossbow (red): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Piercing: 1d10 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (5, 2) + 3 = 13

DC 11 Sense Motive:
Pal doesn't seem like he's going to continue attacking, unless provoked.

Maps

Round 2-3
Effects inspire courage +1 (1+1 rnds)
Terrain none

  • Forvenniel -
  • Everbloom -
  • Zevryn - 13 damage, dying
  • Kembe -
  • Norril -
  • Bevole -
  • -----Round 3-----
  • Sejiri -
  • Yellow - 4 NL
  • Blue - 21 NL, unconscious
  • Red - 3 damage

Forvenniel summons a rat to distract Pal, while Everbloom tries to throw some twigs at one of the agents. Unfortunately for the ladies, rats are just Pal's excuse for not sweeping the floor, and the kitsune's attack isn't strong enough to pierce armor.

In perhaps the last mistake of his life, Zevryn decides to attack the neutral barkeep, enraging the man. Kembe makes quick work of his man though, using a knee to the groin to drop the man's chin into a rising uppercut.

Norril wisely prepares his escape, crossbow in hand, while Bevole magically escapes into Zevryn's skin. The paladin moves forward to protect a lady, landing a decent blow against the man in the yellow cloak.

Noticing the two people by the door without melee weapons in hand, the standing agent carefully backs away from Sejiri and rushes out of the bar. In a single, fluid motion, Paltus draws a crossbow from the bar, slips a bolt into place and turns Zevryn into a bloody rug. "Anybody else want to compete for dumbest customer in Diobel?"

Everybody is up.

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

Kembe watches the man fall like to the floor like a sack of turnips My training seems to finally be bearing fruit, what was that other thud?

Kembe turns to see Zevryn sprawled out over the floor, bleeding profusely and Pal grinning. "I'm sure he deserved it, but did you have to convince him so soundly?" The monk swiftly moves over to the bleeding ally's side and puts pressure on his wounds.

"I think he'll live, if you all have had enough fun spilling drinks and causing a fight, I think we should be moving on. Leave Pal to his work already!"

Rolls:

Sense Motive vs Pal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Heal (stabilize): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Someone can heal Zev or I can slowly carry him, healing him would be preferable.

Dark Archive

Meeting adjourned! This is unlikely to make for a great story though, but that's what makes a good storyteller, eh? Norril stows his crossbow and raises his hands. "Ok there Pal, thanks for the drinks, but I'm going to call my night off early..." he says as he backs out of the door and books it.

Coming alongside the other customer, he breaks into a charming smile. "That was a wild time, what the hell was that all about?" I hope someone brought a ladle to scoop Z off the floor back there...
________

Rolls:

Sense Motive, DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

EDIT: Kembe, by my understanding of the Heal skill, your roll is enough to stabilize him. It would probably be prudent to heal him for real once we dip out of this bar. GM, despite my position on the map, I will not be making any attempts to bar yellow's movement. I am also visibly unarmed.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

"I agree, we should leave," Sejiri says uneasily. "Here, I'll grab his shoulders, Brother, can you get his legs? We can get him standing once we're out of Pal's sight."

Once the deed is done and the team is outside, the halfling breathes a colossal sigh of relief. "Sad to say, but that could've gone much worse. And we still have another task to do. But first...." He produces a wand and taps Zev's unconscious form several times.

CLW x3: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 7) + 3 = 14

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

Forvenniel shakes her head. Well, that certainly disrupted the meeting... but perhaps not in the cleanest way.

As the bloodbath commences she offers a ladylike shriek and also flees the room.

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom laughs, clearly amused that Zevryn's attack on the bartender backfired so completely. Seeing the others hurrying out she bows to the man she shot leaves at.

"Next time, pay a lady the attention she deserves!" she exclaims drunkenly--although whether it's real or an act is unclear.

Then she spins and dances her way out of the bar, laughing as she goes.

Once we get outside she pats the heavily wounded Zevryn on the shoulder. "He turned you into a pincushion!" she remarks, laughing some more.

"Ahhhh," she sighs. "That was fun."

Everbloom keeps and eye out for the mark from the bar, watching to make sure he doesn't meet up with anyone outside.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

Sejiri shakes his head. "You're welcome to your opinion," he sighs in response to Everbloom.

Sovereign Court

@Forvenniel & Everbloom: Please remember to move your tokens when your characters move.

@Zevryn: I rolled your stabilization check this round, but please roll them for yourself in the future. I'm very superstitious about using GM dice for PCs.

@Sejiri: It technically takes you two rounds to transport Zevryn's body, but nothing happens so we can drop from initiative now.

GM Screen:
Stabilization: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

First the ladies and then Norril flee the bar, but Kembe and Sejiri stay to stop Zevryn's bleeding and then carry him. Pal delivers a few opportune curses while they're hefting the body, but neither him nor any of the customers interfere.

Outside, Sejiri is able to fully heal Zevryn, and everybody has a chance to collect their thoughts.

Partial success achieved. You disrupted the meeting, but resorted to violence. Blue Dragon's Bite or Laszo's lab next?

Scarab Sages

Skills:
Bluff +8,K.Arcana+6 His +9 Perform: Oratory +6, Spellcraft +6
M Half-Elf PFS #186188-8 Starsoul Tattooed Sorcerer
Stats:
│HP: -1/7│ AC 12 │ T12│ FF10│ F3│R2│W1│Init 2│Perception +3│CMB -1│CMD10│

Sorry for the long silence, was away this weekend but forgot to pack my cell phone and couldn't post.

Zevryn's eyes flutter open and he looks at his companions and groans, hand reaching up to where the crossbolt hit him.

"Damn bar owner took our money for nothing!" He mutters. "If this was back home I'd tell every performer and they'd ruin him." His face turns red as his anger bubbles up again.

"But I don't suppose there's anything for it now, sorry to burden you all. To the sewers next yes?"

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

Forvenniel looks down at the fallen Zevryn. She lays a hand on him, offering him the blessings of the moon.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

"Indeed, to the sewers," Sejiri agrees. "At least this time we can be better prepared for a fight. I don't see Laszo listening to reason."

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom nods in agreement. "Yes, yes. To the sewers."

Dark Archive

"Agreed, the sewers are likely to be our best bet. Shall we? I'd like to put as much distance between myself and this bar!" he says, not really waiting for anyone else before moving towards their destination.
________
Forvenniel, I think Sejiri got him healed up from his wand already.

Sovereign Court

While Forvenniel is still off balance from the unexpected combat, Sejiri heals Zevryn--who immediately reverses the blame and starts grumbling about Pal defending himself.

Everyone quickly agrees to go after the alchemist who has created whip, and Delroya’s directions lead to an isolated alley in the Bristles, and then down into the sewers beneath Diobel. The stench of sewage mixes with the sharper odors of chemical fumes and decay and permeates the damp tunnels.

From this intersection, tunnels lead west and south into the darkness. A third tunnel heading east is filled with detritus, filthy beddings, food scraps, broken glass, and rotting furniture. An alcove lies beyond a collapsed portion of the tunnel’s southern wall, and further east, a statue of a giant rat rests in the dead-end passage. Countless empty flasks and discarded alchemical ingredients lie on the floor around the statue. On a nearby workbench sit several organized but empty flasks and jars. Four malnourished, semi-conscious beggars lay on the floors.

Map updated.

You may explore, just make sure to include skill checks for actions.

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

Once they get Zevryn back on his feet and healed up, Kembe will refute his claim about Pal "You are lucky Pal didn't kill you outright for attacking him in his place of business. He nearly did so with one well placed shot from that crossbow." He looks down at his blood stained hands and pants.

"We should all try to avoid killing people, or provoking fights that could be resolved patiently. But yes, this alchemist is likely to be devoid of reason, but we can at least try." He again looks at the blood all over himself "I need to clean up a bit before we head down, looking like a murderer isn't going to help our cause." He points at the bloody mess on Zevryn and Sejiri as well.

At the sewers

Before heading down he draws out his armor wand "Just in case things do go violently, or if we run into more giant vermin, would you use this armor wand on me please Zevryn?" After which he lights up a torch and heads down the ladder first, eyes peeled for anything of interest or dangerous.

As his eyes squint and look through the flickering torchlight Kembe makes out the prone people and the smells in the air. He turns to whisper up the ladder "I believe we are in the right place, this place smells of chemicals and looks like a giant nest of misery."

He tries to hop across the channel to the far side and heads down towards the first individual. "Are you ok?"

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Take 10 on Acrobatics, 16
Sense Motive vs Beggar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Scarab Sages

Skills:
Bluff +8,K.Arcana+6 His +9 Perform: Oratory +6, Spellcraft +6
M Half-Elf PFS #186188-8 Starsoul Tattooed Sorcerer
Stats:
│HP: -1/7│ AC 12 │ T12│ FF10│ F3│R2│W1│Init 2│Perception +3│CMB -1│CMD10│

"I asked for my gold back since he didn't keep the deal and he didn't. Maybe I spent too much time in Riddleport but that seemed like a pretty good reason for a fight." Zev grumbles back to Kembe. "I wasn't going to kill the guy though." The half-elf frowns and goes to clean up, not bringing p the subject any more as they continue with their mission.

He uses the wand when Kembe asks and summons his dancing lights as soon as they enter the dark sewer, keeping them floating around the party so everyone can see better. The moves forward along the wall, stopping short of one of the beggars.

He summons Bevole next to him and asks the Skunk to sniff anything out if he can while searching himself for any evidence of the man they're looking for.

Zev Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Bevole Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 31 if there's anything sent based to find

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom follows Zevryn along the walkway, waiting with an amused smirk as he examines the unconscious beggar. Unconcerned with the filthy fellow, she instead watches the area, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

"They don't look okay," Sejiri says with concern, hopping the gap and fishing out his waterskin. He offers it to any beggar who seems able to see him, though suspects they would prefer a different drink. Otherwise, he follows his brother and looks around. "That over there, probably the Leper's lab?"

Rolls:
Take 10 on Acrobatics for 12, should be enough for the gap.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

Forvenniel follows along behind the others.

"Oh these poor men. Hiding down here, never caressed by the moon."

She falls into line behind the others, but when she gets up to one of the beggars she checks him over to see if he is diseased or injured.

heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Have no fear, my dear Kembe! I shall have you all clean in a moment," he says as he magically strips the blood and any other dirt from their clothes. Paying attention to Norril's clothing, perhaps for the first time, you notice they are in impeccable condition.

"The stench is ghastly!" Norril complains as they descend into the sewers. "Good heavens Forvenniel, you touched one! They are filthy! At least allow me to clean them first," he continues to whine. I've had my share of time in the gutter, but this is disgusting!
________

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Prestidigitation on the blood/clothing for whoever wants it.

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

Forvenniel smiles at Norril. "By all means clean them. But the moon shines on all, king and beggar, palace and swamp."

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom holds out her dirtied fur towards Norril with a smile.

No matter how much you train that spell on her, there's still bits of leaves, twigs and flower petals in her fur.

---

Everbloom smiles at Norril in agreement, then chuckles aloud at the sentimentality of her new teammates, clearly amused by their 'antics.'

Sovereign Court

Forvenniel:
They are malnourished, dehydrated and addicted to something harmful.

DC 15 Sense Motive:
The beggars seem surprised to see somebody right now. You get the feeling they aren't expecting Laszo yet.

If you rolled 20, then you may open the next spoiler as well.

Spoiler:
Shortly before dusk, the beggars' anxiety increases, hinting that Laszo will be arriving soon with more whip.

This allows you to pinpoint his arrival to within 1 hour.

To everyone's surprise, the sewers are already lit by sunlight coming through frequently placed grates in the ceiling. Unfortunately, the beggar that Kembe approaches is not in in good shape. He's clearly too weak to stand, and only acknowledges the monk's presence by grasping at his potions and mumbling, "Whip".

The sewer is particularly rough on Bevole's nose, and he looks a little queasy from the stench. Though everybody's quick inspection doesn't turn up anything, neither Laszo nor any other interruption appears to stop you from searching more thoroughly.

@Bevole: Fortitude save or be sickened.

Everyone should roll the Sense Motive, even if somebody has already made it.

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

"Thanks Norril, but you would do well to find some compassion in your heart for those without your means."

Kembe smiles and gently holds back the man's advances on his vials and potions "I'm sorry, these are not Whip. Here, drink some water." He pulls out his waterskin and gives the man was much water as he wishes to drink, urging the others to do the same with the remaining unfortunates.

"I'm getting the feeling we're early, Laszo won't be here until around dusk. They keep looking towards the light streaming in from the sewer grates, getting more anxious as the light fades towards moon."

Kembe's softer side really starts to shine through as he works to tend the wasted and broken men in the sewers. He does what he can to comfort them and give them food and water. As he does he checks them over to see what sort of condition they're in.

Rolls:

Made the sense motive on my last post and take 10 on heal checks to try helping/diagnosing the beggars, no kit use, 18.

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Everbloom smirks in amusement. She ignores Kembe and Forvenniel's suggestion to tend to the drug addicts. Instead she moves past them, moving to explore the back end of the tunnel near the rat statue.

Since we have lots of time, can she take a 20 on her searching, making a 24? If not, rolling below:
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

"Of course he has them addicted to his poison," the halfling growls in uncharacteristic anger. "So, shall we wait around here until the rat arrives?"

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Quietly she approaches Sejiri and Kembe. "These men are all sick and malnourished. And I'm guessing addicts. Though why they are here is anyones guess. "

She pauses to think.

"Although mine is that they work for him. While he is not here, if we were to entice them away, that may put a dent in his plans. Do you have a temple in Diobel that might take in these unfortunates?"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Norril recoils at Kembe's words. "My means? I'm no noble! I pulled myself out of the dumps I was born into! Now I am a Pathfinder Agent who dreams of the Arcanamirium. When I'm not here, I work for room, board, and a meager wage writing speeches for Society administrators. I mean them no ill will, but we are all responsible for our actions. Besides, they are objectively filthy," he concludes with a scowl.

Completing his little tirade, but still in a huff, he begins cleaning the beggars with his spell. My means! I barely have two gold pieces to rub together and my family a pair of coppers! It isn't my fault these losers spend all their money on some thug's concoction. He acts like I'm some noble's son, silver spoon in hand. MY FATHER WORKS THE DOCKS!

You aren't entirely sure how he manages it, but each beggar becomes increasingly clean as his face contorts itself in building anger. His task concluded, he walks back to the intersection and begins throwing rocks into the murk.
________

Rolls:

Sense Motive, DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

Sense Motive vs Norril: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Kembe quickly notices Norril's exasperation and anger, he watches him, seeing how he reacts and nods in agreement as Norril cleans the beggars. "I did not mean to say you come from great means. But our present means, as Pathfinder Agents, is far above individuals such as these... at least it appears so." He gestures to the crossbow on his back and the armor protecting him as examples.

"These people may not have made this choice willingly, perhaps they were drugged against their will, to be used as experiments, and are now addicted and reduced to this. We will show them compassion and goodwill to save them from the poisoner, giving them a chance to improve their present means."

After a bit of cleaning, watering, and inspecting, Kembe will mention to Forvenniel "Lazso should be arriving soon, we wouldn't want to miss him and warn him of intruders all at the same time. I don't know what temples are here, I've never been to this city."

Scarab Sages

Skills:
Bluff +8,K.Arcana+6 His +9 Perform: Oratory +6, Spellcraft +6
M Half-Elf PFS #186188-8 Starsoul Tattooed Sorcerer
Stats:
│HP: -1/7│ AC 12 │ T12│ FF10│ F3│R2│W1│Init 2│Perception +3│CMB -1│CMD10│

Bevole Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Bevole begins mewling and pawing at his nose, running in circles, trying to rid himself of the stench.

"I thought you'd be able to handle bad smells a littler better." Zev says as he pets the skunk, trying to calm him down.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

"I don't believe these people are in any state to work for Laszo, Forvie. You see addicts like this in Riddleport all the time, they can't function right now. They barely seem to realize we aren't their supplier. Regardless, I say we suck it up and wait until dusk, catch this bastard by surprise and stop him from doing this to any more people."

He looks around, dismissing Bevole, he wanders into the open area to the south.

"Maybe we can stage an ambush?"

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

"The moon shines down on all of us, great and gross. To him... to him it is our actions that count, not our birth. And addicts or no, we should help these people. Give them a chance to bask once more in the light of the moon."

She points to the statue.

"What is that? "

Sovereign Court

@Everbloom: You can take 20 if the party decides on an ambush rather than taking care of the beggars. In which case I will need to know what parts of the sewer you search.

Kembe & Forvenniel:
I'm going to say that the beggars are at 0 hp from non-lethal damage due to starvation and dehydration, so a cure spell won't work until those conditions are removed--just like you have to cool down before recovering from heat exposure.

DC 18 Knowledge (religion):
The statue that Forvenniel asked about is a shrine to Hanspur.

DC 12 Knowledge (local or religion):
There is a Sarenite temple nearby that might be willing to care for the beggars.

Most of the beggars refuse water or anything else that isn't whip. As Everbloom begins searching, a discussion begins about how to spend the next hour.

Mechanically, you can either care for the beggars or set an ambush, but there isn't enough time for both.

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Obviously, Everbloom votes for staying down here instead of caring for the beggars.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

"I would rather help these poor souls, and yet I'm not sure how much we can," Sejiri mutters. "Anyone have ideas about that?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

"Let us care for these people down here and wait to confront this alchemist with his crimes like honorable men and women." He stands up from offering water to another lost soul, a look of annoyance on his face as they refuse yet again.

"If this Lazso relents then we turn him over to the city, if not then, well, we put him down for the good of everyone. Afterwards we can get these people out of here and to a temple for treatment." He looks to the others in hopes they agree.

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Fine." Everbloom replies. Then she wanders over to the statue at the back of the tunnel and examines it.

Taking 20 on her perception to search the rat statue thing, and the area around it.

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
"That statue..I recall now. Hanspur. A god of waterways and watery death. I'd avoid it if I were you. " she thinks for a moment or two.
"Not that this is exactly a waterway, but I do recall seeing a Saeranite temple a few streets away. I few could get the beggars to go there maybe they could help them."

Dark Archive

Norril remains silent for several moments, still throwing rocks. "You're right Kembe, we should use our means to try to set them up for success, no matter how small it may be. I'm sorry for my outburst... It is a touchy subject. Complicated too." He throws his final stone and turns around, eyes tinged red and moist.

He clears his throat before speaking, but his voice still wavers for the first couple of words before strengthening. "I don't think the bastard deserves a fair fight, but the option to submit without violence is reasonable enough. We might as well take these sods to the temple now and come back later if we aren't going to jump him, he suggests.
________

Rolls:

Religion, DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Religion, DC 12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

"I think that is the right decision Norril. Less chance they will get accidently hurt in a fight as well."

"You..." she says pointing to close by beggar.

"Time to move and bask in the moonlight. There is a temple that might be willing to look after you. If we find any whip, we'll take it there too."

Scarab Sages

Skills:
Bluff +8,K.Arcana+6 His +9 Perform: Oratory +6, Spellcraft +6
M Half-Elf PFS #186188-8 Starsoul Tattooed Sorcerer
Stats:
│HP: -1/7│ AC 12 │ T12│ FF10│ F3│R2│W1│Init 2│Perception +3│CMB -1│CMD10│

"They're starting to get anxious, I don't think we'll have time to take them somewhere and be back in time for Laszo. I'm with Kembe, keep them comfortable down here, then get them help when all's said and done." Zev says.

"If you're that determined to take them out, then go I guess, but some of us should stay here and prepare."

GM Granta wrote:
Mechanically, you can either care for the beggars or set an ambush, but there isn't enough time for both.

Just dropping that there. Zev rolled a 20 on the sense motive, so mechanically was able to guess the arrival to within an hour, so we have concrete in-character information that we won't be able to do both.

Sovereign Court

While there are votes on both sides, those advocating taking the beggars to a temple seem more determined, so I'll go that way. Plus, Sejiri's code makes an ambush more difficult.

Transporting the addicted beggars takes more time and effort than expected, as they fight to stay and wait for Laszo. Thankfully, the temple isn't too far away, and an acolyte appears as soon as you enter. "Welcome to Sarenrae's Compassion. It appears that several members of your group are in need of the Goddess' healing?"

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom raises an eyebrow and sighs, clearly miffed that despite most of them wanting to stay here, the soft-hearts were forcing them to go anyway. She'd have to remember that. Whining, apparently, gets people their way...

She follows after the others with an odd air--she seems both irritated and amused, which is an interesting combination in itself.

At the sight of the temple she pushes the beggars forward at the cleric. "They didn't want to come, but apparently that didn't matter. Here you go. Save some poor people. Have fun being holy and stuff. "

Then she turns to head back to the sewers--apparently thinking our work at the temple is over.

Though whether or not that is true remains to be seen... lol

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

"They've been addicted to a new drug," Sejiri explains. "We don't know exactly what to do or have the resources to cure them, perhaps you could help? We can pay, if necessary." The halfling produces a few coins, though he hopes the clergy will also exercise their charity.

Dark Archive

Norril helps deliver the the beggars, but with talk springing up of paying for the healing, he is notably absent.

"Come on Sejiri, let the temple do their thing! We've got a date in the sewers to keep! We've shouldered our share of the burden already," he decides. I might have to make it my goal for this paladin to not spend EVERY coin in his wallet on charity. Where will the money for booze come from?

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

Kembe helps the last person up into the temple then stops to take a quick breath "Yes, these are addicts thanks to the Aspis Consortium and their experimental poisons. If you can find it in your hearts to care for them that would be most appreciated. As Norril mentioned, we've got to go deal with their supplier quickly."

He moves to head out "We'll be back to check on them before long."

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

Forvenniel smiles, happy that the group has good people in it.

"These poor people have been horribly used. she starts

"But they have followed the moon to your doorstep. It may be the kiss of the sun can burn the fever for their drug from their veins. We do hope so."

She doesn't want to linger, being keen to return to the sewer and confront the foul source of this evil in the city.

Sovereign Court

The acolyte stares open-mouthed at Everbloom a moment, then visibly unclenches her shoulders and neck, exhaling when Sejiri and Kembe speak up. "I see. Yes, please attend to the person who caused their ill health, and we will attend to returning their good health."

As you are walking back to the sewer, dusk arrives, the night's shadows swallowing up Everbloom first. Down in the tunnels, you find a man even more disgusting than the beggars. Though his clothes and manner are clean and precise, his skin is covered in open lesions and scaly, scabrous patches.

Clearly annoyed, he shouts, "Who are you? What did you do with my test subjects?"

You may try talking, but if anybody gets too close or takes a hostile action like spellcasting or drawing a weapon, we roll initiative.

151 to 200 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Granta's Consortium Compact - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.