[PFS] Granta's Consortium Compact (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

Maps


1 to 50 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar B Player Signup: Session 1, Session 2

Please ninja-dot the thread by submitting and then deleting your dot-post.

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar B Player Signup: Session 1, Session 2

Knowledge (local) #1 - DC 10+:
There is no formal alliance between the Kortos Consortium and Aspis Consortium, and the two groups are likely working together in a limited capacity—at least for the time being.

Knowledge (local) #1 - DC 15+:
Although the Aspis Consortium seems to have an agreement with part of the Kortos Consortium, neither group is centralized enough for such an arrangement to be very stable. Causing a major disruption in their operation would very likely sever ties between the two groups.

Knowledge (local) #1 - DC 20:
House Locosta, the faction allied with the Aspis Consortium, claims that its major interest is in Qadiran spices, but the family derives most of its profit from buying and selling Qadiran slaves.

Water laps steadily at the pier as sailors, laborers and merchants rush busily around Absalom’s port. The venture-captain’s summons called for a meeting aboard the Sixwing Drake, a sleek sailing ship. The Drake’s captain, a Varisian woman and fellow Pathfinder named Zarah Zendrani, stands at the helm of her vessel. “It’s not like Valsin to be late,” she mutters, furrowing her brow. As if on cue, a tall and meticulously groomed man pushes his way through the crowd and up the gangplank, cursing audibly. “Whoever supervises this mess of a port needs to be dumped in the sea!” he grumbles.

The tall man looks around at those gathered before him. “Just the group I requested. Perfect. I’m Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, and I took great care in selecting just the right Pathfinders for this assignment.” Valsin reaches into his belt pouch and withdraws a small, folded paper before continuing. “A few days ago, I received a curious note from a rather unexpected source. It’s not every day that I get a request from an agent of the Aspis Consortium.” Captain Zendrani’s eyes widen, and Valsin smiles knowingly. “But Magali Delroya does not appear to be your typical Aspis agent. As you surely know, the Aspis Consortium pursues a variety of activities across the Inner Sea that the Pathfinder Society finds abhorrent. It seems that Delroya has been working with them for some time, but can no longer stomach the snakes herself. She wants to stop a shipment of an experimental drug from leaving Diobel later this week. It’s bound for a number of locations across the Inner Sea region. According to Delroya, she can’t ask the local authorities for help, because the Aspis Consortium has already struck a deal with a faction of the Kortos Consortium, a powerful merchant collective. Her hands are tied, so she’s come to us for help. In this note, she outlines three different tasks that would help to disrupt the Aspis long enough for her to move the shipment to a secure location, out of the clutches of the consortium. Once you accomplish two of these tasks, she’s willing to meet with you, but not before.

“Normally, I wouldn’t trust an Aspis agent at any hour of the day. But our sources in Diobel have confirmed the Aspis and Kortos consortia’s activities. Everything checks out, so we are presented with a unique opportunity. If we help Delroya, we might not only strike a financial blow against the Aspis Consortium, but we could also reveal their dealings with the Kortos Consortium—and possibly prevent their arrangement from turning into a more formal alliance. Furthermore, we hope to stop this drug from spreading across the Inner Sea region, and if we—if all of you—do a good enough job, we might even convince Delroya to join the Society. A turncoat agent would be a valuable asset in our ongoing run-ins with the Aspis Consortium.

“Take some time to look over Delroya’s note and the tasks she has set for you. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask. Remember, the Aspis Consortium is a long-time enemy of the society, but the Kortos Consortium, while certainly suspicious, is not our enemy. It is a complex organization with many factions, and we should avoid antagonizing any of them, except when necessary to oppose the Aspis Consortium.”

Handouts can be found here.

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Untrained Knowledge Local (max 10): 1d20 ⇒ 7

Everbloom stands aboard the deck of the Sixwing Drake with a smile on her vulpine face. She's a nimble looking kitsune with orange-brown fur and two-tails that twitch in the wind. Bits of leaves and flower petals are tangled in her fur and her eyes dart back and forth, taking in all the sights and sounds with equal parts curiosity and excitement.

As Ambrus begins the mission briefing she seems distracted, still looking this way and that, unfocused on the task at hand, but as the details become unveiled she focuses on Ambrus, suddenly enthralled with him and everything he has to say. Her smiles widens and her eyes twinkle in amusement.

"Amusing," she comments aloud as she begins to look at the paperwork.

After a moment she lets out a snorting laugh. "These tasks are convoluted! I'm intrigued."

She flips through them again, reading and rereading snippets, then puts the papers away in her bag.

"Visiting Laszo sounds like fun. What do we know of him? And this... Rat Street, is it as disreputable as it sounds?"

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

The stout halfling listens to the briefing, looking a bit surprised at the source of the information. "We haven't had the displeasure of meeting or tangling with the Aspis yet," he notes, grinning as he looks to his assembled teammates. "I suppose now we'll know if they live up to the bad perceptions most of the Society has of them."

"I'm glad we're working together again, it will lead to good things. But I see we have a new ally." The halfling extends a hand to the kitsune after a short bow. "Sejiri, holy hand of Chaldira. It's good to make your acquaintance. And you are?"

Upon looking at or hearing the tasks read aloud, however, Sejiri's mood darkens ever so slightly. "We take small steps to better the Society, I guess. One day such things will not be necessary. But I will not take part in the second operation, and only two of the three need be done. I couldn't bring myself to steal even from lowlife smugglers. I hope you can understand this sentiment, or better yet, share it. Bureaucracy is rarely a treat, as I remember from our last mission, but there is worse."

Scarab Sages

Skills:
Bluff +8,K.Arcana+6 His +9 Perform: Oratory +6, Spellcraft +6
M Half-Elf PFS #186188-8 Starsoul Tattooed Sorcerer
Stats:
│HP: -1/7│ AC 12 │ T12│ FF10│ F3│R2│W1│Init 2│Perception +3│CMB -1│CMD10│

K Local (Untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Well, I can't say I have the same moral high ground as Sejiri here, but given how much effort it took not to break into someone's home, I can promise you that he's not kidding when he says he won't steal!" Zevryn looks at the halfling and gives him a playful smile, while Bevole waddles along the edge of the docks. "So I guess that means a trip to an inn and the sewers, delightful, I wonder what kind of story I can make from that." Zev pulls a notebook from his bag and begins jotting a few things down, muttering something about keeping Kembe alive while he does. Eventually he realizes that he doesn't know everyone else that has arrived and looks up with a smile.

"I'm Zevryn, by the way, and I'd love to answer your question about Rat Street, but other than the briefing we just got I have no clue what we're dealing with."

Of all the times I've played this, I've never done the second mission, one day I'll play this without someone Lawful in the group :p

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

The dreamy eyed, elf blooded priestess looks over the notes. A shy smile crosses her face.

"So, captain... you crossed paths with her a few years ago?"

The way she says it makes it clear exactly which side of the bedsheets she suspects their paths crossed.

"And she wants to rekindle the romance!"

She sighs. "Young love."

It would seem she has forgotten the complex attempt to enter the wizards house.

"It's lovely to meet you Everbloom. What a beautiful name" she smiles, extending her hand.

"I'm Forvenniel, daughter of Oleander. I'm so glad there is another girl along. The boys... will be boys sometimes."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

I've actually never done the second mission either. Someday I'd like to try it. Paladins: The true evil?

Sejiri smiles ruefully. "That encounter was nearly enough to make me question my oaths. When poorly implemented, the law can seem as bad as a lack thereof, but that is how the lack wins people over. I am sorry we had to go through that."

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

The kitsune smiles at Sejiri as he bows and smiles, revealing her sharp teeth. "I am Everbloom," she replies, clearly amused by his manners. "I know not of your god. I'm afraid they interest me little," she remarks, watching the halfling with interest.

"Greetings to you Sejiri, Zevryn, Forvenniel."

She eyes each of her new comrades on by one, staring at each of you with her head cocked for an unnecessarily long amount of time, then suddenly switching to the next and staring at them.

"Is that your dinner?" she asks Zevryn, licking her teeth with her long tongue as she eyes Bevole. She takes a deep breath, sniffs the air, and closes her eyes--clearly savouring whatever she smells. With a smile she adds, "He looks delicious."

"Thank you," Everbloom replies to Forvenniel. "Your name is beautiful as well, but uncomfortably long. I will only use the first one."

"You are born from a shrub?" Everbloom asks Forvenniel curiously with a vulpine smile. "I've never met another born from the wilds. Did the oleander raise you, or leave your care to another?" She seems to consider this a completely normal question.

Everbloom shrugs at the discussion of which tasks we should complete. "I care not which of the first two we undertake, as long as we meet this Laszo. There are little guidelines where he is concerned, and I have never been a fan of rules." She says the word 'rules' as if it were extremely distasteful.

Everbloom rereads the first task again. "Do we intend to disrupt them individually, or disrupt the entire venue?" She seems to be thinking, then she smiles wickedly. "Both could be amusing."

She turns her attention back to Ambrus. "What do you know of this old mate of yours?" she asks, clearly assuming Forvenniel's assumptions about he and Magali's relationship are correct.

"The Overflowing Oyster... Where is it?"

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

"Food...yes that is a much nicer idea than the sewers. Certainly I don't think I'd want to go to eat after being in the sewer, at least not before a nice bath."

She smiles at Everbloom.

"My full name is Forvenniel Anwanmane. Oleander is the name of my mother. Apparently grandmother was fond of the flowers. Others seem to think it fits her personality, but she was always kind to me."

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Solstice Scar B Player Signup: Session 1, Session 2

Ambrus' mustache twitches violently as he marches uncomfortably close to the tiny kitsune and stares straight down at her, "Fun? Perhaps you'd have more fun cleaning the stables. I hear it takes forever to get the stench of horse dung out of fur!"

If possible, the captain's mustache shakes even more fiercely as he turns on Forvenniel. "And you! I think a week doting on Dreng's every whim will teach you some respect for your superiors."

The Venture-Captain looks at Captain Zendrani for a long moment, bending his head low and shaking it slowly. She gives him a hidden smile, as he returns his attention to Everbloom.

“I met Magali several years ago, when she was barely a grown woman. It must have been just before she joined the Aspis Consortium. She’s a wanderer, never comfortable in one place for long. I saw great potential in her as a Pathfinder, but she always preferred to work alone and felt that the society was a poor fit. Had I known that she would wind up with the Aspis Consortium, I would have put more effort into recruiting her.

"As to the Oyster? You'll have to find that for yourself once you get to Diobel. I trust that won't be difficult for such nosy little girls as yourselves."

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

An atheltic Vudran man quickly hikes up the gangplank onto the ship, a large sword strapped across his back along with a fully equipped backpack. He's dressed in no armor and has a serious look across his face to accompany the bead of sweat running down his bald head.

He stops and bows when he reaches the group "My apologies. Whoever supervises this mess of a port needs to be dumped in the sea! Its like finding a rabbit within a maze in the dark here."

He nods and smiles at the others in the group, going to stand next to the Halfling before introducing himself to the newcomer and the ship captain "I am Kembe, please excuse my tardiness, it won't happen a second time." I can't believe Sejiri wouldn't even wait for me when I stopped for those antitoxins!

He pauses to take stock in the fox woman as well as the ship captain. His eyes watching each of their body motions like a hawk.

K Local Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 14

He takes a look at the notes presented and nods slowly "I have heard of these groups of 'merchants'. They supposedly work together on a limited basis, but for now that is as far as their relationship goes. Perhaps we can encourage them to end this agreement before things go too far."

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

Forvenniel snaps a mock salute. "Doting on your whims for a week, Sur!"

She looks around, her eyes smiling as she mentally counts days.. "How long does it take to sail to Diabel again?"

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

As Ambrus towers over Everbloom and yells in her face, Everbloom looks up at him in amusement. "You seem stressed."

Everbloom shares a smile with Forvenniel when Ambrus calls them 'nosy little girls.' "I wouldn't be here today if I wasn't," she replies, clearly considering this a compliment.

As Everbloom hears Kembe mention rabbits in a maze, Everbloom licks her snout, apparently deciding that sounds as delicious as Bevole.

She then stares right back at Kembe as he watches her, golden eyes assessing him in turn.

Dark Archive

"Sorry I'm late, overslept!" Be the gods, I don't even know what time it is... How long did I sleep? It was a late night, certainly, but this might take the cake! Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he skims the notes.

"Head to ANOTHER tavern and stop malicious drugs at the source? Sounds GREAT!" Norril cheers, throwing his hands in the air. He quickly clears his throat. [smaller]"I mean... stealing is bad, that's why we should avoid that second task, yes." Damn, I'm smooth... Nothing a quick drink can't fix!

Noticing the newcomer for the first time, he gives her an obvious up-down. "Why aren't you the exotic little vixen! Kembe, your muscles might have some competition this time around!" he declares with a wink to his favorite monk.

He takes Everbloom by the hand and plants a polite kiss upon it. I am Norril Tyndall! Scholar and tavern extraordinaire, and Arcanamirium hopeful, at your service." Multiple flourishes accenting his words. "For you, my dear, I shall provide all I know. My spectacular Kembe has provided an adequate base: the Kortos and Aspis are probably working together in shallow ways. However, it appears unlikely that their agreement would be very stable. Their organization structures are simply too scattered to survive any major disruptions. Finally, it may prove to be of serious worth to note that House Locosta, a faction allied with the Aspis, has their dirty little mitts deep within the Qadiran slave trade!" Clearly very proud of himself, he looks around at the others with a large grin.

________

Rolls:

Local, DC 10, 15, 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None
Norril Tyndall wrote:
Noticing the newcomer for the first time, he gives her an obvious up-down. "Why aren't you the exotic little vixen! Kembe, your muscles might have some competition this time around!" he declares with a wink to his favorite monk.

"I am," Everbloom replies enigmatically. She allows Norril to kiss her hand, and rattle off a bunch of information. She watches him the entire time with an amused smile.

Scarab Sages

Skills:
Bluff +8,K.Arcana+6 His +9 Perform: Oratory +6, Spellcraft +6
M Half-Elf PFS #186188-8 Starsoul Tattooed Sorcerer
Stats:
│HP: -1/7│ AC 12 │ T12│ FF10│ F3│R2│W1│Init 2│Perception +3│CMB -1│CMD10│

Zevryn's smile turns to a sneer as Everbloom suggests eating Bevole. Seemingly sensing his master's discomfort the skunk turns around and faces the newcomer, tail raised for just a moment before disapearing in a puff of magical smoke and taking place once again on Zevryn's arm, appearing as a snarling skunk head.

"That's Bevole, he's my friend and not for dinner. We can probably fish you up a snack on the way to Diobel. Assuming we aren't sent on some worse assignment now that Ambrus is all worked up." He frowns and moves as far from the kitsune as he can.

"Ah, Kembe, Norril, welcome aboard. Glad someone knows a little more about what we're getting into. I really should get around to learning a little more about what happens on this island..." He trails off and rolls his eyes as Norril continues to dote on Everbloom and waits impatiently to get on the ship and be under way.

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

"That's a shame," Everbloom replies looking highly amused. "Here I thought you were bringing the freshest rations of us all." Seeing Zevryn moving away from her she lets out a yipping laugh. "Relax. I am no thief. I know the meaning of 'friend.' And friends are not for eating."

She turns back to Norril as she finishes, "No matter how delicious they might seem."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

Sejiri's head swivels back and forth at the rapid-fire shifting of topics and attitudes. "This will certainly be an interesting mission," is all he can think to add. "Like the others. Life in the Society always finds a way to excite and challenge one's perceptions. My apologies, Brother, I would rather have been late if you were. But I was curious, I heard tell of another Pathfinder being added to our team."

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom cocks her head at Sejiri, intrigued. A flurry of flower petals fall from her fur at the motion. "Has that curiosity been sated?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

Kembe gives Norril an uneasy look as he is reminded of his penchant for lustful staring at his physique. My eyes are up here...

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar B Player Signup: Session 1, Session 2

Captain Zendrani answers Forvenniel this time, "The trip is a short one. You should have at least a full day to complete your mission, and hopefully a little more."

Ambrus Valsin continues to stare at Everbloom a few moments, then looks each of the Pathfinders in the eye before dismissing them, "Captain Zendrani here will get you to Diobel without further annoyance to myself. Complete your mission as ordered, Pathfinders. And come back alive, if possible. Your punishments will be waiting for you."

If no further questions for Valsin, we'll move forward tomorrow.

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Noticing Norril's 'lustful gazes at Kembe's physique,' Everbloom turns on Kembe, also eyeing his body. Hmmm... What's so special about you? After a bit of staring she moves on, distracted by the many sights and sounds around her.

---

"Ooooh!" Everbloom exclaims at Ambrus' threats of punishment, clearly intrigued. "Is that a promise?" she calls after him as he walks away.

---

As the Captain Zendrani is left in charge, Everbloom looks at her teammates one at a time, in turn. Eventually she smiles.

"This is going to be fun," she remarks.

She turns to the Captain. "Ready when you are."

She looks back at her teammates to see if they're also ready to go.

Dark Archive

Norril smiles in pleasant shock at the boldness of the newcomer. Feisty too! There is a fire in her heart, one that I think we share!

"Then let us be on our way!" Norril heads out the door with pep in his step. This shall be fun indeed, what a bright future ahead of us! He pokes his head back in. "Promise we can head to the tavern first?" he says with a wink.

Scarab Sages

Skills:
Bluff +8,K.Arcana+6 His +9 Perform: Oratory +6, Spellcraft +6
M Half-Elf PFS #186188-8 Starsoul Tattooed Sorcerer
Stats:
│HP: -1/7│ AC 12 │ T12│ FF10│ F3│R2│W1│Init 2│Perception +3│CMB -1│CMD10│

"Yeah, let's hit the tavern so hopefully I'll be too drunk to remember the sewer stench." Zev says with a wry smile as he heads onto the boat.

"Maybe if we drink enough the place will close early and disrupt the meeting anyway."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

"Are there any benefits to being drunk?" Sejiri asks the group at large, trying to affix the conversation to a new rail. "I read recently that one of your Avistani gods became so after a drunken blackout. Is that why so many are drawn to it? And yet they still seem so sad...."

Dark Archive

"SEJIRI! You never told me you were so new to drinking! My friend," he puts a hand on the halfling's head, "please allow me to buy you some drinks at this tavern. It would be my honor to be there for you the first time you got a little drunk!"

Drumming his fingers on his head, he continues. "It is true, the one and only Cayden Cailean successfully completed the test of the starstone while in a drunken stupor and ascended to godhood." He finally removes his hand. "Does it not inspire you to new levels of achievement?" he says with wonder in his voice.

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom lets to an amused, yipping laugh at the concept of alcohol driving people to great feats. "New levels of achievement? New levels of indecency, more like." She remarks. "Not that that's a bad thing."

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar B Player Signup: Session 1, Session 2

"Well, there's only one way to find out" Captain Zendrani motions to one of her sailors, "And it will you keep you out of my hair while we're under sail."

Moments later, the sailor returns with a bottle of whiskey. Captain Zendrani points to the Pathfinders, and says, "Show them to the empty locker, and make sure they stay entertained."

The sailor happily leads you to a half empty storage space, with just enough empty space to sit on the crates, and maybe even turn a couple into tables. "Name's Kiffin. Who're you lot?"

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom smiles mischievously as the captain offers them booze and a place to drink in. She follows the sailor belowdecks to the crowded little room and sits on one of the crates. A moment later she shuffles, sitting on it another way, then another and another. A sprinkling of leaves and flower petals drift to the floor with each movement. Eventually she ends up sitting crosslegged on top of the crate, with her tails flicking around behind her.

In reply to Kiffin she smirks and says enigmatically, "Exciting new faces, of course."

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

Kembe ponders the captain's invitation to head below deck and get drunk... Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Kembe frowns at Norril's 'revelation' about his brother but doesn't say anything as they follow the sailor down below decks Sejiri makes his own decisions now, but I will be here to help him if he shall need it.

"I am Kembe, its nice to meet you Kiffin. Have you been a sailor long?" He waves off the offer of whiskey and drinks off his waterskin instead.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

Sejiri, a bit apprehensive, goes belowdecks with Kiffin. He is also a bit confused and cautious, but decides to bite the bullet. "It's good to try new things," he says to no one in particular, more to steel himself than explain his actions. He then takes a small sip, swishes it about in his mouth for a moment, and suddenly spits it everywhere.

Following his brother's lead, the halfling takes a few long drags from his waterskin. "Gods above, I was led to believe this was an acquired taste!" he sputters as soon as he regains his speech. "Why would anyone go the lengths required to be used to this? It burns!"

"Sejiri," he introduces himself to Kiffin once he is further recovered. "And I don't think I need to try that again. Hopefully I don't end up drunk, I don't weigh much. Don't we have a mission at hand?"

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom bursts out laughing at Sejiri.

"Taste good?" she enquires curiously. "Do you only consume that which tastes good? Have you never had to survive on less?"

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

Forvenniel gives a last look at the sky before heading below.

"Forvenniel." she says with a cute little curtsy.

"I'd really prefer to stay on deck and have the wind in my face.."

Her eyes turn dreamy "and the moon overhead."

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

"We're not wanted," Everbloom reminds Forvenniel. "We've been relegated to irritating cargo." She pushes a crate over to Forvenniel and takes a swig of Kiffin's liquor, before passing the bottle on to the next person.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

"Certainly I have had to subsist on things not to my greatest liking," Sejiri replies hotly. Though not likely drunk, the whiskey has him confused and shaken. "But wouldn't this stuff be more expensive than simple water? I just don't like it, nor do I need to."

"Look, it does not matter," the halfling adds, looking a bit ashamed at his slight outburst. "Nothing is for everyone. If I had to drink this to survive, I would. Until then, I'll just hope that doesn't come to pass. This needn't be a problem."

Scarab Sages

Skills:
Bluff +8,K.Arcana+6 His +9 Perform: Oratory +6, Spellcraft +6
M Half-Elf PFS #186188-8 Starsoul Tattooed Sorcerer
Stats:
│HP: -1/7│ AC 12 │ T12│ FF10│ F3│R2│W1│Init 2│Perception +3│CMB -1│CMD10│

"Yeah, I wonder why they think we're irritating. Not like anyone pressed the buttons of our direct superior." Zev says gloomily as he heads down to the storage area and eventually lies down on the floor. Bevole appears in a puff of smoke and curls up on his chest, snoring loudly while Zev mutters to himself, crafting a story or maybe just complaining to his familiar.

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

"Captain Valsin appears to have quite the temper, there is no need to rile him further just for your own amusement." He says, as he looks steadily in the women's direction.

As Sejiri tries and passes on the bottle Kembe smiles and laughs "It is a vile drink, but it does have some uses. The strongest ones are useful for cleaning wounds before binding, or for dulling the senses of those of weak will."

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom smiles at Sejiri's outburst, clearly amused. Still, she doesn't bug the little halfling any further.

At Zevryn and Kembe's eyeing of she and Forvenniel, Everbloom lets out a yipping laugh. "For such a big man, one would think he would have thicker skin." She seems to find this endlessly amusing. "If people do not want to be teased, they should not make it so fun. I abhor the boring."

Everbloom takes back the bottle of liquor from Kembe and Sejiri. "You'll treat us to no acts of indecency then--or this liquor fuelled daring Norril speaks of?" She smiles mischievously. "Pity."

"It's up to you then, Norril." Everbloom takes a swig from the bottle and passes it on to Norril. "Show us these amazing achievements of which you speak."

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar B Player Signup: Session 1, Session 2

DC 10 Sense Motive:
Kiffin can't count well. He meant six summers.

Kembe:
As far as you can tell, she just wants you out of her sailors' way.

"Orders is orders. Besides, there's no moon out during the day. But don't worry, Kiffin will be a gentleman and make sure the ladies have a good time."

The sailor then gives Everbloom's body an obvious once over, and says, "Never had me no furry type girlies before. Might be interesting, though."

Kiffin shoves the whiskey bottle into Kembe's hands, saying "It's rude to question a mate without first sharing a drink."

To Sejiri, he answers, "Medicine ain't supposed to taste good. But it feels great. Come on, drink up!"

Once everyone has had a swig--or adamantly refused to, Kiffin starts to open up. "Name's Kiffin. Been with Captain Zendrani five, no seven summers now. Her Society don't pay well as some, but they treat a bloke better. Can't say I've got much to complain about.

"How about each of you? Why do you work for that mustachioed one?"

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom stares back at Kiffin curiously as he examines her. She doesn't seem offended at his comment, but smirks instead. "Neither have I. I'll let you know when I find out." she laughs. Suddenly she turns serious. "I should warn you, Kiffin. I bite." then she lets out a mischievous smile and goes back to drinking. It's hard to tell if she's serious or joking...

"Excitement, adventure, dangerous artifacts." Everbloom replies. "All the things a woman needs." Then she looks to the others, curious at their reasons for being Pathfinders.

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

"My mother was, well, is, a pathfinder" admits Forvenniel.

"So I grew up around them. I ran away to Varissa for a while, but even down there, I found more pathfinders. Seemed like they blow on the winds of fate, which is where I feel I am drawn. To the winds of fate. " she smiles dreamily.

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Vudran) Unchained Monk 1 HP 12/12 | AC (19)15, T 15, FF 13 Deflect Arrows| Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9 | Effects: Mage Armor, 1hr

Kembe relents to Kiffin's second offer and takes a very small taste of the drink to be polite Good?: 1d100 ⇒ 62. He swallows it down without much of a face either way. "Your hospitality is appreciated. I joined with this organization as a way to help people and to fight the evils of this world with my brother here. There are far too many that stand around idle or worse, while the poor, the innocent, or the enslaved suffer. Helping those people puts my soul and my mind at peace."

He stops for a moment of thought before turning the questions back on Kiffin "So how did a sailor get in such good graces with his Captain that he was ordered below deck to drink with the cargo while his shipmates were left to continue work? This is the story I would like to hear."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Paladin 1 | HP -4/12 | AC 21/15/15 | F +5, R +5, W +3 (-2 vs. fear) | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perc +0 | CLW Wand 45/50 | Conditions: Unconscious

"It is as my brother says. I thought it wise to leave Tian Xia, after my mind was freed from the teachings of a cruel order, mostly due to Kembe's wisdom. There was no magic involved, merely well-spoken words that prey on the young survivors of otherwise wrecked towns. Here seemed as good a place as any to rid of evil, though on our missions we have yet to do so. Aside from taking a lot of time trying not to break down a door."

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

"That's a bare-boned telling of a thrilling tale if I've ever heard one." Everbloom remarks at Sejiri and Kembe's brief telling of their brotherhood. She raises an eyebrow in the hopes of hearing more.

Dark Archive

From somewhere, Norril has produced several shot glasses and lined them up on the table. He carefully pours out a shot for each individual, but his expression briefly sours at Sejiri and Kembe's refusal. "Very well then, one for everyone else and three for me!" With practiced ease, he knocks back all three of his shots. "WOO!"

"Aaaahhhh, much better! I'll be right as rain in no time!" He rolls up his sleeves to the elbow, props his legs up on a barrel and loungs as best he can. "How is this for an amazing achievement? Just the other day, we were all doing some dirty work for the one and only Drandle Dreng. We end up at a tavern when, out of nowhere, these two burly half-orcs challenge me to a contest. They thought they could best me in a feat of strength AND drinking, but ho ho! I sure showed them wrong! I lifted a table over my head and downed several mugs of ale! All after having a dirty martini or three," he gloats, beaming at his accomplishments.

"Why did I join the Pathfinder Society? Well, well! In case you have yet to notice, I am rather incredible. I will one day become an esteemed Professor at the Arcanamirium. I have joined the Pathfinder Society to broaden my experience base and develop multiple foundations for research. There is much to learn and cooping myself up in a stogy library is a horrible way to learn when I could go out to see it all. And earn another paycheck to boot!" Meeting a few attractive, like minded individuals along the way doesn't hurt either, but I'll keep that one to myself, haha!
________

Rolls:

Perform Oratory (Story about outdrinking/lifting half-orcs): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom smiles. "Now there's a tale," she says, before drinking her shot of liquor. "Have another?" she asks, holding out her empty shot glass.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Norril feigns insulted shock. "Do I, Norril Tyndall of Absalom's Dock District HAVE ANOTHER STORY? My floral fox, you are in for yet another treat." And he stands up.

"Business first though," he says seriously. He tops off each of their glasses with more of the sailor's drink before continuing. He is clearly getting a little affected by the drink, but does his best to ignore it.

He starts to gesticulate, the motions getting grander and grander as the story reaches it's conclusion. "There we were, the setting sun burning into our eyes as we emerged from the tunnel. Empowered by our prior victories within the cavern over undead, kobolds, and wretched dampness, nothing could stop us. Yet before us, we saw the real test of our mettle: a minotaur towering over another Society agent. Without a moment to think, we rushed the beast. Stones, bolts, and insults flew through the wind, piercing the cow's thick hide. As we closed the beast brought it's mighty axe to bear, primal fury shining brighter than the sun in it's beady, black, eyes. With a soul shaking battlecry, Kembe leaps across the stream and time slows to a crawl. The minotaur swings his axe at the flying monk, but he twists around it and lands a mighty kick to his chest! Even it's pathetic excuse for a mind new it had been defeated as it fell to the ground in a crumbled heap, axe twirling into the air," slapping Kembe's back enthusiastically as he finishes his story. And that was only during our first two missions! When we get to some real work, I'll have some sensational stories to tell then!

"Haha! Now it is your turn, we all know plenty about each other, but who the devil are you?!"
________

Rolls:

Oratory: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 18 (T13, FF 15) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+6 R:+7 W:+0 | Init +3 | Perc +5, SM +0, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom smiles during Norril's story, her tails swaying back and forth in amusement.

"You don't like a mystery?" she asks Norril as he prods her for information. "I've always loved them..."

After another two shots of liquor Everbloom smiles. "I am the wild things, born of the wood. I have a soul of thorns and vines and flowers. I am intimate with the hunt. One day I met a strange creature, and I followed it far away. And now I find myself in different places, stranger by the day. I am a visitor in your lands of spires and cities. And I find it quite exciting, though perhaps I miss the wilds."

Everbloom nods as she finishes her liquor and pushes the cup away. "Any more than that, you'll have to discover on your own. For what fun is life without surprise and mystery?"

Scarab Sages

Skills:
Bluff +8,K.Arcana+6 His +9 Perform: Oratory +6, Spellcraft +6
M Half-Elf PFS #186188-8 Starsoul Tattooed Sorcerer
Stats:
│HP: -1/7│ AC 12 │ T12│ FF10│ F3│R2│W1│Init 2│Perception +3│CMB -1│CMD10│

"I wonder Norril, if you too will wander off one day, and leave a group of nubile Pathfinders to wonder if they should ransack your abode in an effort to uncover secrets of times gone by?" Zev says absentmindedly when Norril talks about becoming a member of the Arcanamirium.

"Why did I join the Society?" He asks Bevole, ruffling the skunks fur with a smile. "Probably for the same reason I do anything. Because I can. I used to wander Varisia, taking in the gorgeous countryside, visiting the ancient ruins, performing with my caravan of misfits. When I tired of that, I studied history for a while in Riddleport, trained with the Cyphermages. It was fun, interesting even, but I quickly realized there was so much more of the world I wanted to see before spending my time stuffed in a small academy."

He shrugs at Norril a little apologetically.

"So, I left. Headed to the Grand Lodge, took a commision as a Pathfinder and spent my free time performing on street corners for extra cash. My confirmation was dull, a trip to an old ruin, but I take excellent notes, and we unlocked a few secret rooms after solving a couple puzzles. Before we left I compulsively touched some ancient rune while I was trying to translate an old Thassilonian phrase and that's where the Stinker came from. So, now I'm a confirmed agent, with a background in ancient culture and a compelling reason to uncover more Thassilonian secrets, really seems to have all worked out for the best as far as I can tell."

Having spoken about himself at some length, Zevryn seems to be feeling better and less irritated than before.

Scarab Sages

HP 10/10; CLW wand 47/50; reroll at +3 1/1; Reroll vs drug, poison or disease 1/1; AC 11; Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +4; Perception +8; init +1 Cleric-1

"Oh I love Varissa!" gushes Forvenniel. "The people there are so alive!"

She rolls up an arm displaying a large and ornate tatoo "I got this there... and the dancing... oh my the dancing. It just sweeps you off of your feet."

1 to 50 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Granta's Consortium Compact - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.