[PFS Game Day 6] Refugees of the Weary Sky-Standard (Inactive)

Game Master Z...D...


201 to 250 of 259 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

There are buttons on each platform, and you are supposed to figure it out, but due to time constraints I am going to move us through the next couple room. Lightning round style.

The northwest wall of this long room has crumbled with age, exposing the outside cavern. The stone floor is cracked straight across a gold rune. Large chunks of stone, iron, and lead lie about the chamber in piles. Small tubes of iron filings, broken glass globes, and crystal tables lay cracked and toppled throughout the room. Pieces of sculpture lie haphazardly situated atop gilded benches.

The rune on the floor is another teleportation one, but is inactive

Next room

This chamber’s walls rise to a domed ceiling riddled with cracks. Forty-foot-high stone shelves fill the room, all lined with books and papyrus scrolls. A ladder leans against the south corner shelf leading to a small walkway that wraps around the room.

The majority of the books and scrolls here are written in Jistka, with a few in Ancient Osiriani or Terran. This lore here grants anyone who spends an hour reading the collection a +2 competence bonus on Knowledge (history) checks related to the Jistka Imperium and on Knowledge (planes) checks relating to elementals for 24 hours.

Perception DC 20:
You find a heavy tome that is out of place. A marked page in this book details the Jistkan elementalists’s first contact with a shaitan genie named Illaton who showed a particular interest in building constructs and underground structures.

next roomThis long room has an arched ceiling. The floor, walls, and ceiling are covered with detailed mosaic tiles depicting fabulous buildings and colorful magic used by stylized humanoid figures. Three alcoves contain limbless iron statues covered in flecks of shattered tile.

This corridor gives a visual description of the entire Jistka Imperium’s history in a series of mosaics that cover the room’s walls, ceiling, and floors. Some of these mosaics depict an elemental spirit bound within a golem, who appears as a ghostly overlay atop a stern-faced stone golem. These mosaics prominently feature a group of four genies that constructed Deep Sky, with a particularly emphasis on a shaitan genie.

DC 20 perception or sense motive:
You discover a subtext of how the elemental spirit and the shaitan gradually and hesitantly became friends but then experienced a falling out.

Next room..will place you all in it in a bit
The rich scent of palm wine, pipe smoke, and cinnamon fills this chamber. An enormous clockwork device with a spherical base, dials, and metal gears takes up the southeast corner of the room. The dials are constantly moving in time with the audible hums and gears revving. You believe this may be the machine you are seeking.

DC 25 Knowledge (arcana) or Knowledge (engineering):
recognizes that the dials indicate an energy build-up within the device.

Before you can get close to the machine a shaitan steps out of the stone walls and shouts.

"Interlopers, do not touch machine..... Its life force tied to mine....It's binds me here." This shaitan carries an earthbreaker with crystal spikes on one end. However, he is not holding it in a aggressive manner, more defensively at this point.

sense motive DC 15:
You notice he is confused, possibly driven mad from isolation

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

Would you mind posting the platform puzzle anyways even though we're pushing past? I'd like to see it for fun.

Sarczek will use Heroism on Illuthion to negate his negative level penalties.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 2 = 24
Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 = 26
Perception + Study: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 23

Yahtzee! Give me a bit to process everything.

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

~First room~
Sarsczek steps onto the platform and takes notes on the damaged teleportation rune. "Hrmmm dis place is broken. Mebbe fix later. For now find light-en-ning probbem."

~Second room~
Sarsczek's eyes go wide as he sees the huge collection of books. Strangely enough, the dopey fiend-blooded fool is quite the literary fanatic. He looks up and down the shelves with an idiotic grin until he stops at a single volume that has seen an abnormal amount of wear.

"Ooh... some'un like dis book a lot. S' got a bookymarker innit... talk 'bout a Shai-tan gee-nee named Ill-a-ton. I wonder if he related to Luthy? Name look kinda same. Illy like ta make constructs and under-ground stuff... like dis place! I wonder if he made here?"

He begins to catalogue the books and pauses. "Hrmm... mebbe I come back and read more... for now find light-en-ning probbem."

~Third room~

"Whoa! Lookit all da stuff on da walls! Iss like... da whole Jistka his-story! Awwe... looks like the Shai-tan.. mebbe Illy? Was friends wiff a elemenental spee-rit but den dey stopped being friends. Sad."

Sarsczek pouts, then moves along with the party.

~Current room~

"Ooh! Lookit da clocky mach-chine.... Da dials show enenergy goin up. Dis must be the lighten-ning probbem we are-"

He turns and looks at the shaitan who so rudely interrupted. "Oh hi... are you Ill-a-ton?"

He turns and whispers to Illuthion. "Careful... he seem confuse... mebbe bit crazy... be nice ta him."

Scarab Sages

Active Effects:
Heroism(30m)
HP 71/81(92/102) | AC 19/17 | T 10 | FF 19 | CMD 22 | Fort +16(18) | Ref +9 | Will +9(11) | Init +6 | Perc +10
Usable:
Rage 12/16, Extra Claws 5/5

"As long as he's nice, I'll be nice."

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

"See? Gronk say we be nice! I'm Sarsczek! Nice place you's got here!"

Token Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 3 - 2 = 9

He sits down and grins, then looks up at Illuthion. "He seem like erm.. uh... cool chooch? Right?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human AC25/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 44/94 | Fort:+12;Ref:+14 Will+9| Evasion : Percept.+19| Init.+6 | { } Ranger-10 (Div Tracker) {Blessings 0/8, Liberation 1/1 reroll 0/1 - {p.cues, Rez.acid20, longstrider }

Roland raises an eyebrow at his companions knowledge

"Zhat gem has given you zhe keen sight and wisdom ."

He looks warily upon the shaitan but does not speak nor raise his bow. He waits for the more diplomatic to handle the conversation.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Half-Elf (Spireborn) Occultist 8 | HP: 75/75| AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus(Pool=15): Conj:2/2, Transm: 6/6 Divin:6/6 Evoc:1/1 | Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (3/3) | Active conditions: None

Could we spend the hour required to get the bonus from room #1?

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Illuthion walks on into the last room like he owns the place, his confidence eroded very little even after the fight with the ghosts. "Sup chooch. I am here to touch s#%! but not to kill chooches. I mean, not primarily. You tell me how to get you unbound and I'll do this choochery" he comments, looking around for any further clues. Finding none, he focuses more of his attention upon the Shaitan.

"Illaton huh? I'm Illuthion. you friends with the gassy m&~#+~@+@&@+ in the front yo? He's still up, but we're tired of his gassy s+@$ yo."


Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

"Illaton, yes that is my name. How do you know, you must have come to destroy me. Or you come to destroy the guage. But to destroy the guage may be to destroy me. Or free me.....I don't know"

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

"How we free you?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human AC25/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 44/94 | Fort:+12;Ref:+14 Will+9| Evasion : Percept.+19| Init.+6 | { } Ranger-10 (Div Tracker) {Blessings 0/8, Liberation 1/1 reroll 0/1 - {p.cues, Rez.acid20, longstrider }

Freeing you may be within our capabilities. Where would you go if we succeed? Roland asks - almost thinking out loud.

Grand Lodge

7th Lvl. Elf Magus/Monk ¦ AC: 20 16 TAC:16 FFAC: 13 ¦ HP: 45/45 ¦ Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +10 ¦ Init: +3 ¦ Perc: +7; low-light vision ¦ CMB: +4 CMD: 20 ¦ Mage Armor (1 hr), Comp. Lang (70 min, scroll), Mirror Image:3 (7 Min.), Canny Defense +2, Shield, Resist Acid 5

Most likely, these rolls will be to aid another...

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24. Spotting tome.

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14. Mosaic corridor.

Unable to help with the knowledges.

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15. Bound Shaitan.

"It may seem confusing in your present state but we have no interest in harming you; perhaps if you could tell us more about what had occurred here, we may be able to assist in freeing you from this machine."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. May assist or otherwise if no one else has a better diplomacy?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-Elf (Spireborn) Occultist 8 | HP: 75/75| AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus(Pool=15): Conj:2/2, Transm: 6/6 Divin:6/6 Evoc:1/1 | Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (3/3) | Active conditions: None

"Listen bro. We ain't here to destroy you, even if it means not destroying the gauge. I've found out we do better if you don't murdurize chooches when we first meet them. So, how about we all chill and noone get their shizzle in a twizzle."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

"No! You have come here to destroy me. Why else have you come here."

The diplomacy route did not work, you can try to explain how the machine works. With a knowledge engineering or arcana check to ease him

Scarab Sages

Male Human AC25/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 44/94 | Fort:+12;Ref:+14 Will+9| Evasion : Percept.+19| Init.+6 | { } Ranger-10 (Div Tracker) {Blessings 0/8, Liberation 1/1 reroll 0/1 - {p.cues, Rez.acid20, longstrider }

"Sarczek, he looks unconvinced. Will the gem grant any help explaining our purpose more clearly ." ?

Knowing he has nothing to offer, Roland tries not to tense as the situation starts to escalate.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Active Effects:
Heroism(30m)
HP 71/81(92/102) | AC 19/17 | T 10 | FF 19 | CMD 22 | Fort +16(18) | Ref +9 | Will +9(11) | Init +6 | Perc +10
Usable:
Rage 12/16, Extra Claws 5/5

Gronk stands there looking hesitant, not sure if he needs to attack or wait..

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

Sarsczek looks back at the device. "My head hurt from da specy-ters... but I fink da device shows energy build up. Need ta use some ennenergy bafore it blow up!"

I think with my negative levels, Illuthion and probably more of you are better at Engineering. The gem grants no bonus, so I'll aid.

Aid Engineering: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 = 17

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-Elf (Spireborn) Occultist 8 | HP: 75/75| AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus(Pool=15): Conj:2/2, Transm: 6/6 Divin:6/6 Evoc:1/1 | Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (3/3) | Active conditions: None

My Knowledge (Engineering) is not good, especially not with 2 negative levels. Going to spend another point of Divination for Sudden Insight

Knowledge (Enginering): 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 + 4 = 24

"Oh f$&& me sideways with a strap-on this guy is a chooch-a-holic. No. We. Have. Not. Your f*##ing machine can be turned off without ending you home-boy. Get your s*!% together. Someone want to explain the arcane side of things to Ill-ma-tinking here?"

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

Illuthion: I cast heroism on you earlier. You have +2 to offset your negative levels. With that and my aid, that should put you at 28.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Half-Elf (Spireborn) Occultist 8 | HP: 75/75| AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus(Pool=15): Conj:2/2, Transm: 6/6 Divin:6/6 Evoc:1/1 | Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (3/3) | Active conditions: None

Merp. My bad. Do I have the highest Diplomacy here?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

Heh... heh... yup. I have -5 right now! Also, my aid check should have been at +8 -2 instead of +10 -2. Didn't make a difference though,
still aided successfully.

"Course we dinnit come ta destroy you! We dinnit break da golem guy out front eivver! Is he yer friend? Awso..."

Sarsczek looks back and forth and whispers to Illaton, loud enough for everyone to hear him anyways. "Do you know what a chooch is? Luthy keep on sayin it ann he never tol me what it mean... Juss like Amaraly. She say once dat we needed ta go somewhere in cognito. Never told us wha a cognito was or how ta go in it... I juss smile ann nod and it all work out in da end. So uh... you wanna come wiff us outta here? I'm sure Luthy's gonna get everfing working again. Seems really lonely here... we be friends!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

You guys got just enough...

"Fine....you do what you do....I'll be watching though"

With that he leaves you to figure out how to dissapate the energy in the machine. Knowledge Engineering or Disable device. You could also dismantle other ways.

Scarab Sages

Male Human AC25/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 44/94 | Fort:+12;Ref:+14 Will+9| Evasion : Percept.+19| Init.+6 | { } Ranger-10 (Div Tracker) {Blessings 0/8, Liberation 1/1 reroll 0/1 - {p.cues, Rez.acid20, longstrider }

"Very good. Zhis is much better zhis way." she

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

Sarsczek looks over the device and contemplates the workings of it. He takes off his armor, sets it off to the side, then pulls out his tools and looks for a way to bleed of energy. He seeks guidance from the Gem, holding it close to the arcing energy to see how it interacts. Once he's ready, he gets to work.

If anyone has any spells to boost this, feel free to use em! Guidance, Cat's Grace, etc would work.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 2 = 22
+3 if this counts as a trap

Edit: Looks like Illuthion has Guidance for a +1, if someone would let me borrow one of their Dex belts (I see a few +2 belts out there), that'd add another +1 bringing my check up to a 24 (or 27 if it's a trap)

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human AC25/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 44/94 | Fort:+12;Ref:+14 Will+9| Evasion : Percept.+19| Init.+6 | { } Ranger-10 (Div Tracker) {Blessings 0/8, Liberation 1/1 reroll 0/1 - {p.cues, Rez.acid20, longstrider }

Roland is happy to loan the dex belt to Sarsczek if it will help.

If zhat does not work, I have a adamantine axe which I use as zhe last resort.

Roland hands over the belt and stows his bow as the tiefling goes to work.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-Elf (Spireborn) Occultist 8 | HP: 75/75| AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus(Pool=15): Conj:2/2, Transm: 6/6 Divin:6/6 Evoc:1/1 | Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (3/3) | Active conditions: None

Illuthion provides magical guidance as he begins to work on it from a more empirical standpoint.

Knowledge (Enginering): 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 19

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

Sarsczek, tail and arms deep in the contraption begins describing the device from the inside, hoping to give Illuthion a bit of a clue on what's actually in it.

Alright, with Roland's Belt and Illuthion's Guidance that brings my disable device check up to 24, or 27 if it counts as a trap.

"Fanks Luthy! Feels kinna funny in here... like deres a cogthing juss hoverin in da machine. Wait... dass cuz my tails holdin it. Okie... so dere are tree cogthings here. Den one long pole, den it grab on tah a..."

The description continues until he is informed that his help is no longer needed. Likely in the form of the phrase, 'shut up Sarsczek.'

Aid Another (Engineering): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

Illuthion and Sarzcexk attempt to disable the clockwork device, but to no luck.

Illaton calls out from the background."See I knew you could not help me...."

Anyone else want to take a another wack at it. And no Sarscek, it is not a trap

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

Sure, I'll try again.

"Mebbe dis way innastead?"

Disable Device + Guidance + Belt - Negative Levels: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 33

Grand Lodge

7th Lvl. Elf Magus/Monk ¦ AC: 20 16 TAC:16 FFAC: 13 ¦ HP: 45/45 ¦ Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +10 ¦ Init: +3 ¦ Perc: +7; low-light vision ¦ CMB: +4 CMD: 20 ¦ Mage Armor (1 hr), Comp. Lang (70 min, scroll), Mirror Image:3 (7 Min.), Canny Defense +2, Shield, Resist Acid 5

Since we had spent an hour poring over the books before encountering Illaton, if you don't mind, GM Z..D.., Lerocnel/Elfmask would like to re-up his Mage Armor again via one of his two Mage Armor potions; Shield and Mirror Image will have already expired also.

"Fear not, Illaton; while my erstwhile compatriots may seem strange sounding to you... they are, in fact, very resourceful. They may yet free you from the machine that binds you."

Scarab Sages

Male Human AC25/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 44/94 | Fort:+12;Ref:+14 Will+9| Evasion : Percept.+19| Init.+6 | { } Ranger-10 (Div Tracker) {Blessings 0/8, Liberation 1/1 reroll 0/1 - {p.cues, Rez.acid20, longstrider }

Sarsczek, zhat looked better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

Lerconel, that is fine.

Sarsczek's second attempt is a success. All the gauges begin to slow in movement, and a steady stream of energy is released into the room.

Illaton places the earthbreakers head on the ground. "I feel free, but still bound. Find the binder, and free me."

nothing else in this room. Moving on.

The group of adventurers move into the rear room. A silvery glow filters through a fine mist in this chamber. A silvery metal rune pulsates with an iridescent light in the chamber’s southeast alcove. To the south stands an impressive crystalline fountain. In an alcove to the southwest is a statue of a man in robes, his face contorted in a surprised sneer. The fountain shoots water into the air and comes down peacefully in a pool of clear water. Some of the water lays on the floor in a puddle from an obvious crack in the foundation. Even, with the leak, the fountain remains full and flowing.

Beside the pool you see a feint greenish glow, that appears to be human in shape. Fine particles of stone and earth circle around this being.

Knowledge Planes DC 21:
It is an Ozimat. You know it is a outsider with the extraplanar, earth, elemental, incorporeal subtypes. You know Ozimats are formed when a golem is destroyed but the elemental's spirit lives on

In a calm voice like gravel, "I was wondering when you were going to make it here. What is your purpose here in the temple?"

he seems to be indifferent about your presence here.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Active Effects:
Heroism(30m)
HP 71/81(92/102) | AC 19/17 | T 10 | FF 19 | CMD 22 | Fort +16(18) | Ref +9 | Will +9(11) | Init +6 | Perc +10
Usable:
Rage 12/16, Extra Claws 5/5

Planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"As we understand it this place was once home to Jistkan Elementalists and there seems to be some sort of disturbance that could be causing massive elemental storms that damage the region. We are here to try and fix the problem if possible."

"Who are you if I might ask?"

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 5 = 21

He looks the glowing figure up and down, then his eyes go bright. "Hey!! Are you Ill-a-ton's friend? Are you stuck here too? We're helpers!"

Aid Another (Diplomacy): 1d20 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 3 - 2 = 10 Presuming the grand diplomat Illuthion will attempt to 'make friends with this chooch.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Magus 7|Init +4; Per +2| FORT +7 REF +5 WILL +6| HP 53| AC 19 (t12, ff 17)

Seltyiel does his best to deal with his wounds and listens to the exchange between Gronk, Sarasczek and the entity.

Scarab Sages

Male Human AC25/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 44/94 | Fort:+12;Ref:+14 Will+9| Evasion : Percept.+19| Init.+6 | { } Ranger-10 (Div Tracker) {Blessings 0/8, Liberation 1/1 reroll 0/1 - {p.cues, Rez.acid20, longstrider }

Assuming we are able to free Illaton in zhe first place zhat is.

Roland is just as wary of the new figure as he was of Illaton.

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

Sarsczek tries to get a read on the entity as our intent to aid Illaton is made clear.

Sense Motive + Study - Negative Levels: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 19

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-Elf (Spireborn) Occultist 8 | HP: 75/75| AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus(Pool=15): Conj:2/2, Transm: 6/6 Divin:6/6 Evoc:1/1 | Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (3/3) | Active conditions: None

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 11

Da fuuuuu????

"We're also here to discover what this place's purpose is. You know. Figure out what kind of grand choochery was being performed here and at least share the story so that people know why sometimes this s!+& is a bad idea. We get bonus points for gaining allies, setting things right and that sorta s#@@. I'm Illuthion, and I'm a Pathfinder agent. Roland, Gronk, Sarsczy and Seltyiel here are Pathfinder agents too. What about you, who are you?" belts out Illuthion as he tries to ignore how stumped he is by this person/creature/ghost.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 + 2 = 29

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

+2 for Sarsczek's aid also! Helper!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

More than enough to make him friendly, good job, another combat avoided.

"I am Korj, a spirit of elemental earth that once inhabited a construct vessel. I used to be a prisoner of the elementalist that called this place home. I was bonded to a golem until I was able to shed my physical form. And enact my revenge on the Jiskan's." He breaths for a second shifting is thoughts. "This place was a temple where the elementalist would summon elementals and bind them to persons or golems to bring them life." Looking towards Gronk, "The gauge, which you deactivated, was used to monitor the storm around Jaizun Citadel, to see when it would be safe to return. It did this by keeping a fraction of the storm’s power within it. By deactivating it, you freed my brothers from their physical husk. I thank you for that. "

Mentioning Illaton, "Ah the shaitan. He helped to create Deep Sky and the elemental gauge. We were once friends. But no longer. He slipped into madness and I into my solitude. I do appreciate you not killing him."

Anymore questions for Korj

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human AC25/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 44/94 | Fort:+12;Ref:+14 Will+9| Evasion : Percept.+19| Init.+6 | { } Ranger-10 (Div Tracker) {Blessings 0/8, Liberation 1/1 reroll 0/1 - {p.cues, Rez.acid20, longstrider }

Good job guys!

So where do we go from here? Are you released? Anything else we can do to assist you in zhis place?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

"Oh, I am released, as with my brethren that has been freed from the golems. We will return to our plane. The shaitan on the other hand is still bound. His binder, the lovely statue in the corner, remains Illaton's shackle to this place."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-Elf (Spireborn) Occultist 8 | HP: 75/75| AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus(Pool=15): Conj:2/2, Transm: 6/6 Divin:6/6 Evoc:1/1 | Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (3/3) | Active conditions: None

"Before you go to... Whatever, could you give us a guided tour of the place. Just so we ain't like "Well, this room was used to do something but we don't have a f$+$ing clue about that s!$#." Oh and why is that statue a shackle for Ills-Mc-Gills?" asks Illuthion, curious about the statue.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

"I am no tour guide friend, the statue is one of the first victims of my rage. He is the Jistkan Elemetalist known as Ocosten. He is the one that the shaitan is bound to, and can only be released with his say so. But, in is current state, I do no think he is going to be saying much of anything."

Last call for Korj...

Grand Lodge

7th Lvl. Elf Magus/Monk ¦ AC: 20 16 TAC:16 FFAC: 13 ¦ HP: 45/45 ¦ Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +10 ¦ Init: +3 ¦ Perc: +7; low-light vision ¦ CMB: +4 CMD: 20 ¦ Mage Armor (1 hr), Comp. Lang (70 min, scroll), Mirror Image:3 (7 Min.), Canny Defense +2, Shield, Resist Acid 5

-1 Potion of Mage Armor.

Lerocnel/Elfmask asks Korj, "By deactivation resulting in the freeing of your brethren's husks, that would mean that the golem of metal that is guarding the entrance to this citadel has also been freed from its' servitude? And as for Illaton, is there something we could do to help him from the madness that has overtaken him- apart from freeing him from this Ocosten?".

Lerocnel gives one more glance over at the petrified statue form of Ocosten before looking back over to Korj, "Presumably, this "Deep Sky" that you mentioned, it is one and same with the gauge that my compatriots have deactivated?

Guess we wrap a bow around the statue and present it to Illaton? ;p

Of course, if there is a way to "unstonify" Ocosten, maybe we could get him to give us a the tour of this place. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

"Ah, I noticed you spared the golem guarding the entrance, yes, he should be freed as well. "

"As for Illaton's madness, possibly a powerful heal spell could fix his mind. But freeing him unfortunately, can only be done by the one who summoned and bound him"

Grand Lodge

7th Lvl. Elf Magus/Monk ¦ AC: 20 16 TAC:16 FFAC: 13 ¦ HP: 45/45 ¦ Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +10 ¦ Init: +3 ¦ Perc: +7; low-light vision ¦ CMB: +4 CMD: 20 ¦ Mage Armor (1 hr), Comp. Lang (70 min, scroll), Mirror Image:3 (7 Min.), Canny Defense +2, Shield, Resist Acid 5
GM Z..D.. wrote:

"Ah, I noticed you spared the golem guarding the entrance, yes, he should be freed as well. "

"As for Illaton's madness, possibly a powerful heal spell could fix his mind. But freeing him unfortunately, can only be done by the one who summoned and bound him"

Giving a nod over in Sarsczek's direction, Lerocnel/Elfmask replies to Korj's remark about the golem with, "A most fortunate and merciful course of action that was highly championed by our esteemed associate, Sarsczek."

"If we aren't able to heal Illaton's mind ourselves, we may certainly know of those in the Pathfinder Society who should be able to do so or would have the resources to perform such an act of kindness..."

Guess a First Aid Glove won't be able to help with something like this... ;)

And it's good to know that we won't have to worry about the Lead Golem attacking anymore. :)

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living monlith 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 20, T 13, FF 17 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +7 | CMD 23 | Perc +12 | Init +3 | +2 AC/Ref vs Traps

"How long he be stoned? I find dere are spells dat unstone people... or 'chooches' as missir luthy calls em. Would dose work? I'm sure we can get some friends to come try ann fix 'im. Hmm... dis gem I carry wiff me come from one 'a da Scarab Sages... Ann it seems ta talk to things here... you know anythin bout dat?"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Half-Elf (Spireborn) Occultist 8 | HP: 75/75| AC: 24 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +16, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus(Pool=15): Conj:2/2, Transm: 6/6 Divin:6/6 Evoc:1/1 | Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (3/3) | Active conditions: None

"S~~! man, if you tellin' me we need some divine magic here, we f%~#ed. Like pogo-stick style. Unless one of us goes back to town, gets some of that s!## chop-chop, and I try and use those magical devices and s!!+."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human AC25/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 44/94 | Fort:+12;Ref:+14 Will+9| Evasion : Percept.+19| Init.+6 | { } Ranger-10 (Div Tracker) {Blessings 0/8, Liberation 1/1 reroll 0/1 - {p.cues, Rez.acid20, longstrider }

Can the gem help here?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

Beyond the healing powers of the first aid gloves and the gem stone for healing Illaton.

Korj looks towards Ocosten once more, "It has been 8000 years, but only time will tell how long he shall remain like that. Alas, I do grow tired of these questions, I will take my leave. I wish you luck, and thank you for the assistance provided. You are free to take what ever items you find in this chamber. But do not remove the books from any other part of this place, they seem to fall apart." With that, he melds into the stone floor and shifts back to it's home plane.

With the spirit gone, the PC's go to investigate the statue of Ocosten. Near the base are several smaller granite statues along with an Adamantine chisel. Propped against the feet of the statue is a book with Jistkan Stone Golem Manuel on the front. In Jistkan of course

While you all were talking to Korj, he did not realize, Ocosten started return from being petrified. This was due to the gauge being disabled, which no one, not even he realized it.

While going over the newly found possessions, the once calcified man, collapses in a heap on the ground. He begins screaming and thrashing about.

"No..No..no. Get away, I am your master, you must obey" He opens his eyes, and sees the party before him. He lays on the ground looking up, shock on his face. "Who are you? Do you serve Ahriman?" I believe this is in Jistkan, but it does not say.

201 to 250 of 259 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS Game Day 6] Refugees of the Weary Sky-Standard All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.