Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Zoomba's 8-00 Cosmic Captive (5-6 Tier)

Game Master Zoomba

MAP/ Handouts


151 to 200 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Cosmic Captive Map

After another minute or so of awkward chatter the shobad finish securing their equipment and bid you adieu, marching off towards the metal ship – now with one engine flaring up towards the starry sky. You wonder for a moment how your fellow agents – and Bennary – will react to the sight of four-armed giants marching towards them holding a large flag of the Glyph of the Open Road. But for now, that is the other’s teams’ problem.

Turning back to the burning expanse, the six of you move to call out to lower Pathfinders as they make their own crossings towards the crash site. You’re getting more familiar with the terrain, and are able to assist several groups with avoiding the worst of the lava flows, and teaching them potential signs of an elemental attack. Sharing stories as you move, you hear that across the asteroid several groups of Pathfinders seem to be making their way towards the mysterious frozen city off on the space rock’s opposite side. A lesser number has begun braving the central crater, though they are experiencing significant resistance from earthen creatures and strafing runs by a flight of crystal dragons.

After 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 minutes, you wave goodbye to a pair of dwarf agents and begin scanning for other nearby Pathfinders. Suddenly, you hear a scratching sound from below you, one immeadiately followed by several monsters bursting out from the earth around you! Eight legs jut out from a sphereical body dominated by a large motuh of rasping teeth. Most are ‘small’ in size, but one sits larger, and has a bulbous egg sac dangling below it The purple one.

All five chitter and charge towards you!

Aklo:
Drive off the intruders! Flesh ones this time! Get off home!

GM stuff:

PER: Blanmieux: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Keriassa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Professor F: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Crios: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Kivuli: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Jade: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

R Stealth: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 20 = 36

B Stealth: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 20 = 27

G Stealth: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 20 = 27

Y Stealth: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 20 = 30

P Stealth: 1d20 + 3 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 20 = 27

Blanmieux: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Keriassa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Professor F: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Crios: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Kivuli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Jade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

R Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

B Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

G Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Y Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

P Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Initiative

Crios
Circle-crab thing!
Jade
Blanmieux
Kivuli
Circle-crab thing
Professor F
Circle crab-thing !
Circle-crab thing!
Circle -crab thing!
Keriassa

Know Dungeoneering to ID these
New-ish map up

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

"Again, Monster."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 57/58 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 9 | F10 R2 W9 | Init +0 | Per +9 (+5)

Alas, no Dungeoneering to ID.

The Professor tilts his head slightly, despite his sometimes difficulty hearing, he nods as he translates the strange crab-monsters' words.

"They say we're intruding on their home!"

The Professor shouts back at the creatures.

Aklo:
"I do say.. we're sorry. Please don't eat us, or other flesh ones.. we're here to deal with the fiery elementals and such!"

He'll use his wand of bless if combat is inevitable. 42/50 charges remain.

[spoiler=The Professor's Status]

HP: 57/58; AC: 14 (T11/FF14)
F: +10, R: +2, W: +9

Spells Prepared
3rd — [ ] [ ] fireball[D] (DC 18), communal resist energy[UC]
2nd — [ ] hold person (DC 16), [ ] produce flame[D], [ ] lesser restoration, [ ] sound burst (DC 17)
1st — [ ] [ ] burning hands, intensified [D] (DC 16), [ ] command (DC 15), [ ] liberating command[UC], [ ] murderous command[UM] (DC 15)

Elemental Rod (Cold) remaining: 2/3
Selective Rod remaining: 3/3
Pearls remaining: 1/2
Channel remaining: 5/5
Fire Bolt remaining: 5/7
Bless wand remaining: 42/50
Cure light wand remaining: 48/50

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk: HP: 38/38 | AC 18 (14 Tch,15Flat) CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6*(+1vsFear) | Init:+6, Perception:+9 | Arcane Pool: 5/7 | Effects:Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial)| Mage Armor, Bless|

Crios takes a non aggressive stance with his arms held out to his sides, and moves to protect the professor, "Then by all means," he says over his shoulder, "let's retreat without incident if we can. Professor, tell them we will not attack if they let us leave in peace. We meant no harm!"

Move action=get in front of Professor F, the Standard action=Full Defense

Know Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Cosmic Captive Map

Crios isn't entirely sure what these strange creatures are or what they call themselves, but the aasimar has seen enough beast in her time to make some educated guesses. The aberrations' 'heads' seem to have relatively large ear opening for their size: sonic attacks might disrupt them even more than normal. While only the largest seems to have claws big enough to cause any real damage, the way each arachnid moves implies they are used to pack hunting. Crios thinks that the aliens may be able to swarm on top of each other, just like morlocks back on Golarion.

As the magus moves to protect him, the Professor tries to reason with the five new arrivals. They hiss at him in resonse, the large one's fangs dripping as she shakes.

{In Aklo} Fire things come, earth, water. Come to home and take food and space and slay us. You'll do same! But we get you first!

A five are in an unshakebale frenzy, and one charges forwards to bite at Blanmieux before he can ready his scythe.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 for damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Initiative

Crios
Blue Circle-crab thing!

Jade
Blanmieux 75/83 hp
Kivuli

Circle-crab thing
Professor F
Circle-crab thing!
Circle-crab thing!
Circle-crab thing!
Keriassa

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 2 = 28
damage: 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (3, 1) + 14 = 18
attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 - 5 = 11
damage: 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (2, 3) + 14 = 19

Blanmieux swings his scythe at his attacker. A swift sound can be hear as blood draws out of the creature.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Cosmic Captive Map

Blanmieux draws blood indeed, as in a spray of viscera and bile the scythe lops of three of the creature's legs and a good chunk of its torso. It falls, twitching.

Initiative

Crios
Blue Circle-crab thing!

Jade
Blanmieux 75/83 hp
Kivuli
Circle-crab thing
Professor F
Circle-crab thing!
Circle-crab thing!
Circle-crab thing!
Keriassa

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 2 | ~HP: 31/31, AC 18 (15 Tch,14 Flat), CMD:16, Fort:+1, Ref:+10, Will:+4, Init:+4, Perception:+14 (+15 for traps)

Know, Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (2) = 22

The rogue springs into action in an attempt to strike before the creatures can react.

Estoc vs green, flat footed?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 for Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 and Sneak Attack: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Female half-elf Ranger 4/Sorcerer 1/Warpriest 1 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 20 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15, SM +6 | Blessings 3/3 | Active: mage armor

Jade steps back and fires against the lone one to the south and plunges an arrow deep into its body. red one

1st arrow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
1st arrow damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
2nd arrow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
2nd arrow damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
2nd arrow confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
2nd arrow additional damage: 2d8 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 16 + 3 = 23 killer trait


Cosmic Captive Map

Kivuli darts quickly around the nearest creature and strikes at it before it can respond. The beast tries to dodge out of the way, but caught unawares the wayang's blade pierces it squarely in the abdomen and it ceases to move.

His target dispatched, Kivuli scans the larger alien. From the shape of its fangs and the way they keep dripping a glistening substance, the wayang suspects that this larger type may be venomous. Further, next to the eggs sac he thing he spies an organ that looks vaguely like a spinneret.

Across the field, Jade rapidly draws forth and fires a pair of shots. The first hits the alien and causes it to screech. The second stops that screeching.

Initiative

Crios
Blue Circle-crab thing!
Jade
Blanmieux 75/83 hp
Kivuli
Circle-crab thing

Professor F
Circle-crab thing!
Circle-crab thing!
Circle-crab thing!
Keriassa

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 57/58 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 9 | F10 R2 W9 | Init +0 | Per +9 (+5)

Ah my spoilers my last post got a bit screwed up, but I imagine the Professor didn't get a chance to activate his wand yet.

"Well then, you chose quite poorly, crab-monsters."

The Professor translates this again in Aklo for their assailants before waving his wand about for his allies.

Use wand of bless. 42/50 charges remain.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr urgently projects her image to speak to every Pathfinder, and appears to be holding tightly to a steel ring near an alien device. “Everyone, brace yourselves. We have finished repairs of a strange craft on the bright side of the asteroid, and the engines will fire shortly, hopefully causing this rock to spin and even out the extreme temperatures. This may get a bit bumpy though in three…two…one... Hold on!”

A sudden jolt shakes the entire asteroid, sending anything unsecured reeling as the stars begin to spin overhead.

Table GMs, the Engines benefit is now in play. Vroooooom!

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

"Weird" add Blanmieux."But it doesn't change that we are against those alien spiders."

-Posted with Wayfinder


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cosmic Captive Map

And you were the first table to help with that :)

Yes, sorry for missing that above Professor, but there wouldn't have been enough time to trigger the wand.

Seeing their brood quickly dispatched, the last small alien and its larger counterpart screech and hiss as they move towards the closest soft target. Sorry Crios

Yellow bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Purprle bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 for damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Purple claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 for damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Purple claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 for damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Purple claw 3: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 for damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Purple claw 4: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 for damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Ready for the onslaught, the aasimar manages to dodge all but one of the blows as the large aberration spits and gnashes.

{In Aklo} RRRWAWRAGH! Our home our home our home! First hollow, then build, then kill us. No more! You die die die!

Initiative
Bless is up (+1 morale on attacks, saves against fear)

Crios 34/38 hp
Blue Circle-crab thing!
Jade
Blanmieux 75/83 hp
Kivuli

Circle-crab thing
Professor F
Circle-crab thing!
Yellow-crab thing!
Big-crab thing!

Keriassa

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 57/58 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 9 | F10 R2 W9 | Init +0 | Per +9 (+5)

Oh yeah, no worries about the bless wand. That's the way combat works, roll initiative and act where the dice fall!

The Professor hobbles about in a semi-circle, waving his wand at the crab-monsters continuing to prattle at them in their own language.

{Aklo} "Well, we really just arrived, and normally, well at least some of us Pathfinders, err, uh, try not to kill everything we come across"

As he gets a good angle, the Professor hurls another fiery bolt (at purple)

Fire bolt (-4 melee penalty, ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 5 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Party note: After this combat, let the Professor burn a channel vs wand charges.

The Professor's Status:


HP: 57/58; AC: 14 (T11/FF14)
F: +10, R: +2, W: +9

Spells Prepared
3rd — [ ] [ ] fireball[D] (DC 18), communal resist energy[UC]
2nd — [ ] hold person (DC 16), [ ] produce flame[D], [ ] lesser restoration, [ ] sound burst (DC 17)
1st — [ ] [ ] burning hands, intensified [D] (DC 16), [ ] command (DC 15), [ ] liberating command[UC], [ ] murderous command[UM] (DC 15)

Elemental Rod (Cold) remaining: 2/3
Selective Rod remaining: 3/3
Pearls remaining: 1/2
Channel remaining: 5/5
Fire Bolt remaining: 4/7
Bless wand remaining: 42/50
Cure light wand remaining: 48/50

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

Scythe: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 2 = 22 damage: 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (4, 2) + 13 = 19 Scythe: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 - 5 = 19 damage: 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (1, 3) + 13 = 17

Blanmieux receives again spider's insides.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk: HP: 38/38 | AC 18 (14 Tch,15Flat) CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6*(+1vsFear) | Init:+6, Perception:+9 | Arcane Pool: 5/7 | Effects:Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial)| Mage Armor, Bless|

Standing firm after dodging most of creature's attacks, Crios feels the professor's blessing take hold as he strikes out rapidly against the multi-legged creature, using both hands to deliver more powerful blows.

Staff flurry+bless+power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Staff flurry+bless+power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Two Handed Damage/Magic Blunt+Arcane Strike: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Two Handed Damage/Magic Blunt+Arcane Strike: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Cosmic Captive Map

The creatures seem beyond solace or reason as the Professor tries to nitpick their frenzied logic, even as his own bolt goes wide as an 'accidental warning shot'.

Crios and Blanmieux, for their part, strike back at the unwavering creatures, hard. With two great swings the barbarian shears both sets of limbs from the creature in front of him while the magus' staff lands two solid blows on the large matriarch, who seems battered but still standing.

Big crab-thing -29 hp

Keriassa, Kivuli, and Jade are up!
Bless is still active (+1 morale to hit and vs fear

Liberty's Edge

Female half-elf Ranger 4/Sorcerer 1/Warpriest 1 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 20 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15, SM +6 | Blessings 3/3 | Active: mage armor

Jade races over for a better view of the creature and fires a single shot.

1st arrow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
1st arrow damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Silver Crusade

Female human Skald 3/Paladin 2 | HP: 39/39| AC: 17 (15 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 19| F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 |, 15/15 Raging Song | Init: +7 | Perc: +3, SM +10 | Active: resist fire 10

attack one: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 20
attack two: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 20
damage one: 1d8 + 1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 4 + 1 = 12
damage two: 1d8 + 1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 4 + 1 = 7

Keriassa stumbles back and unleashes two arrows into the beastly crab.


Cosmic Captive Map

Moving almost as one, the two archers in the party shift around to pincushion the last creature from either side. Each of their arrows hammer home, and with a last cry the large alien falls to join the others.

COMBAT OVER
Crios 34/38 hp
Blanmieux 75/83 hp

You look around nervously to see if any more of the creatures are nearby, but none seem to be within sight and the ground around you seems stable for now. Off in the distance, you see not only that the other Pathfinder group you spied has managed to drive back the lava monsters, but that the crashed starship now has not one, but four engines firing off into the sky. The stars above you seem to finally be slowly moving as Aucturn's Tear is rotating once more.

Meanwhile, more and more Pathfinders are head towards and into the tunnels by the crash site, ready to delve deeper into the asteroid.

Heal check 15:
Looking at the dead and dying alien creatures, you notice that their stomachs seem to be filled with partially digested minerals. The organs of the beasts have a strange design and texture; these appear to be silicon-based lifeforms.

Off to IRL gaming followed by Father's Day cookout. Recover and plan as much as you like: I'll likely have the next post up late tonight or tomorrow.

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

potion of clw: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Blanmieux drinks one of the potions.

"Well, this place is easy."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 57/58 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 9 | F10 R2 W9 | Init +0 | Per +9 (+5)

Ah, likely not enough group damage to merit the channel. Let's use the potions for Crios and Blan.

The Professor removes, cleans his lenses and places them back before his oversized eyes.

"Well done, Pathfinders. Usually beings speaking Aklo would assault us with never-ending mental attacks, trying to twist our own members against one another."

The Professor eyes the archers, aware that such mind-tricks could be fatal.

He then gestures to the delve site.

"Now, shall we?"

Liberty's Edge

Female half-elf Ranger 4/Sorcerer 1/Warpriest 1 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 20 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15, SM +6 | Blessings 3/3 | Active: mage armor

Take 10 Heal check: 10 + 9 = 19

Jade will kick around at the lifeless creatures...

"Seems like they are made of rocks."

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

" Yeah, we should go on those tunnels"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk: HP: 38/38 | AC 18 (14 Tch,15Flat) CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6*(+1vsFear) | Init:+6, Perception:+9 | Arcane Pool: 5/7 | Effects:Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial)| Mage Armor, Bless|

potion of clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

As his wounds heal Crios says, "Agreed. Let's delve deeper and find out what the source of all the trouble is."

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 2 | ~HP: 31/31, AC 18 (15 Tch,14 Flat), CMD:16, Fort:+1, Ref:+10, Will:+4, Init:+4, Perception:+14 (+15 for traps)

Wordlessly, Kivuli nods at the others before taking the lead. Once inside the tunnels, his keen eyes are constantly on the lookout for danger.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr’s projection appears once again to every Pathfinder. Behind her is a map of the Asteroid, Aucturn’s Tear, lit up with different colors around the different regions.

“Good news, everyone! Our tactical reports coming from the region known as Area F, ‘The Sea of Fire’, tell us that the entire region has been claimed and is now safe for travel! Keep going, Pathfinders!”

The Sea of Fire has been Claimed!

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk: HP: 38/38 | AC 18 (14 Tch,15Flat) CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6*(+1vsFear) | Init:+6, Perception:+9 | Arcane Pool: 5/7 | Effects:Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial)| Mage Armor, Bless|

Crios follows a few paces behind his stealthy friend.

@Keriassa and Jade. -->I am sorry I didn't shift 5' after my flurry to get out of your sight lines. I know the end result was the same and you ended the fight, but it is normally something I should do. I will try to remember next time so you can get your full attacks.


Cosmic Captive Map

You move towards the tunnels leading into Aucturn's Tear's depths, the way now clear Thanks in no small part to your efforts. As you make your way underground, it is not too long before the two or three main, large pathways bored into the rock splinter off into dozens of narrower and rougher trails. The way becomes labyrinthine, and quickly the six of you lose sight of the other teams heading into the depths. The rocky openings are lit throughout with a dim glow of heated rock - heated rock that makes the temperature blisteringly hot even as your magic protects you from the worst of it.

The only respite from the heat is the faint but constant cool winds that whips through the tunnels. What could possibly be causing such a breeze in space is its own nagging mystery, but for now you don't look that gift horse in the mouth.

You map and navigate your way 'south' through the network of tunnels, until in a flash 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19 minutes have passed. Suddenly, you turn a corner and the monotonous igneous rock gives way to reveal a large cavern, at one end of which is a massive palace constructed of gleaming obsidian bricks. The large structure is ringed by cultivated 'gardens' containing brass mockeries of plant life and elegant pools of lava. Loud noises of cheers and revelry drift out from the building's wide-open gates, without a guard in sight

You have a large palace in front of you with sounds of life coming from within. you can go inside and investigate, or move past it for now and explore more of the tunnels. The choice is entirely up to you.

It has also now been 61 minutes since you landed on Aucturn's Tear.

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

Blanmieux scratchs his head.

It is an asteroïd or a planet? I am confused now.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 2 | ~HP: 31/31, AC 18 (15 Tch,14 Flat), CMD:16, Fort:+1, Ref:+10, Will:+4, Init:+4, Perception:+14 (+15 for traps)

"We are here to investigate and explore, are not we?"

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk: HP: 38/38 | AC 18 (14 Tch,15Flat) CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6*(+1vsFear) | Init:+6, Perception:+9 | Arcane Pool: 5/7 | Effects:Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial)| Mage Armor, Bless|

Crios activates another charge of his mage armor wand as he says, "Explore, yes, and this certainly qualifies."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 57/58 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 9 | F10 R2 W9 | Init +0 | Per +9 (+5)

The Professor rubs his hands together.

"Yes, indeed... explore, we shall!"

He begins hobbling ahead and lingers for a moment.

"I do suppose it's likely that whatever beings within may be hostile and may prefer to hurl fire at us. In that case, I've prepared a blessing which may assist us."

Communal resist 10 fire, we'll share it among those low on HP (<40). So, Crios, Kivuli, Keriassa. If anyone has an extend rod (the Professor doesn't yet), feel free to use it to extend this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cosmic Captive Map

Let me know if that will be extended.

You walk through the palace gates to find an inner 'garden' even more exquisitely carved than the outer one. Moving further through, the wide stone double doors to the palace itself sit ajar, and swing freely open as you push on them. A long hallway sits before you with its obsidian walls decorated with bright crimson banners depicting red-skinned humanoids and fiery beasts marching triumphantly against a series of foes, including multiple battalions of earthen shaitan. One silken sheet show a massive figure with the body of some large reptilian beast whose upper half is that of a fierce foru-armed woman. She holds swords prudly aloft before her draconic wings and her hair is made of the purest flame.

DC 15 Know Religion/Planes:
This is an image of Ymeri, the Inferno Queen, the elemental lord of fire.

Following the echoing sounds of raucous noise, eventually you push through a door to reveal a massive, and busting, feast hall. Fine decorations and plush carpeting line the room's floors and walls, and the scent of rich delicacies wafts from the tables laden with opulent dishes. Spread throughout the room are dozens of slamanaders, ifrits, veela, azers, and even a fire giant eating his fill. All stop talking quickly and turn towards you is bemused surprise as you enter.

The silence is broken as a large res-kinned figure calls out from the head of the table. Decked in in extremely fine robes he smiles at you.

"Well, is this not an unexpected breath of fresh air to liven up this evening? The Court has had guests to entertain us. Come, sit, eat!" he gestures towards the food splayed out accross the wooden tables. I am malik Fahaz Nahlam, Master of the Labyrinthe of Flame! Welcome! Servents, a new course for the new arrivals!"[/b]

DC 15 Know Planes:
He is an efreet, a fire genie.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

“More tactical reports have been flowing in to our Control Center,” Sorrina Westyr proclaims as her image appears once more to all of you. She points her wand at a now glowing region of the Asteroid. “We’ve cleared another region! Area D, The Frozen City has been claimed and is now safe for travel!”

Liberty's Edge

Female half-elf Ranger 4/Sorcerer 1/Warpriest 1 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 20 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15, SM +6 | Blessings 3/3 | Active: mage armor

Jade will reapply her mage armor as well.

@crios no problem, it happens

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Blanmieux sits and starts to eat. But before, he is gonna drinks a flask of antitoxin.

"Really, i didn't know elementals love so much asteroïd."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Female human Skald 3/Paladin 2 | HP: 39/39| AC: 17 (15 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 19| F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 |, 15/15 Raging Song | Init: +7 | Perc: +3, SM +10 | Active: resist fire 10

know planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
know planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"Thank you, Professor, for the protective spell. I shall repay you in kind should the need arise."

As we approach, Keriassa whispers to her companions. "Ah, an efreet. We must be cautious."

@crios - no worries, and remember she can shoot through a single soft cover

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 2 | ~HP: 31/31, AC 18 (15 Tch,14 Flat), CMD:16, Fort:+1, Ref:+10, Will:+4, Init:+4, Perception:+14 (+15 for traps)

Know Planes/Religion: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 8 + (3) = 29 Same roll/modifier either way.
Know Planes/Religion: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (2) = 16 Same roll/modifier either way.

The rogue whispers to the others, "That image, it is of Ymeri, the Inferno Queen, the elemental lord of fire. We may have stumbled into a much greater faction war. Be on your guard."


Cosmic Captive Map
Blanmieux wrote:

Blanmieux sits and starts to eat. But before, he is gonna drinks a flask of antitoxin.

"Really, i didn't know elementals love so much asteroïd."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Fahaz’s smile cracks just for a moment before returning to its wide and welcoming grin. ”Passion is its own fiery drive, but at times it must be tempered by our duty to our glorious Queen, for whom we serve to stoke the embers of her benevolence. And as it travels through the cosmos this stony sphere has its own charms and diversions. The native flocks of magma worms have provided great sport: perhaps you can join on a hurt to see how they twist and turn in this maze of tunnels!”

Sense Motive 15:
Underneath his loud enthusiasm, Blanmieux’s comment seems to have touched a minor nerve. You suspect that Fahaz bears extremely little love and interest in spending his time on this asteroid. Looking around at the rest of the court, this attitude seems to be likely shared. Many of the fiery creatures appear lounging and indolent, though they look with sharp interest at you as they whisper amongst themselves.

The efreeti pulls out and sits in a large chair at the head of the table, motioning for you to take a seat as well. Staff of azers bring out additional courses from back rooms as you sit. Fahaz himself reaches out to pluck a large drumstick of heavily season meat and takes a large bite, before chewing and speaking.

”Ah, but it has been too long since I have seen new mortals such as yourselves. I have forgotten that a host’s duties are to tend to heralded visitors and not expound on oneself. You are new to this asteroid, are you not. Please, tell your tale: how have you come to be so far from home? And what brings you so far down below?”

[ooc]As you sit and chat with the efreeti, please everyone make a Will Save.

If you make the DC 15 Will save:
While there is some amount of ‘real’ food and drink, it is only a modest faction of the spread set out before you. Most of the feast is an illusory figment.

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 57/58 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 9 | F10 R2 W9 | Init +0 | Per +9 (+5)

The Professor squints at the assorted diners and speaks up so they can hear.

"Uh, hello! Greetings from the, uh, Pathfinder Society of Golarion!"

He gestures to his allies.

"I was wondering if we might have a moment of your, uh, time? We'd like to discuss the matters of this peculiar asteroid we are all sharing at the moment?"

The Professor translates to Ignan for whatever its worth.

Cross-posted! Updating..

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Will DC15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

As the efreet inquires as to their purposes, the Professor helps himself to a date and pops it into his mouth.

"Ah, yes, why you see we're part of rather large guild of explorers and we couldn't resist the lure of Aucturn's Tear this time it passed by our home world of Golarion..."

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 2 | ~HP: 31/31, AC 18 (15 Tch,14 Flat), CMD:16, Fort:+1, Ref:+10, Will:+4, Init:+4, Perception:+14 (+15 for traps)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Not trusting anything he sees before him, Kivuli stays on guard.

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

sense motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
will+illusion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

By luck, Blanmieux senses what happening around here.

Gods... Well, Food is food. I can't be poison by this.

Blanmieux continues to eat.

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk: HP: 38/38 | AC 18 (14 Tch,15Flat) CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6*(+1vsFear) | Init:+6, Perception:+9 | Arcane Pool: 5/7 | Effects:Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial)| Mage Armor, Bless|

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

"Interesting." Crios says sitting down and looking at all the food before him.

Looking back and forth to his team, he catches their eyes for a moment and makes a small shake of his head, then turns and smiles at the Malik, listening to his response to the professor's comments.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Female human Skald 3/Paladin 2 | HP: 39/39| AC: 17 (15 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 19| F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 |, 15/15 Raging Song | Init: +7 | Perc: +3, SM +10 | Active: resist fire 10

will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Reaching for an illusory thigh-meat, Keriassa pauses as her hand passes through it. She reaches around until she does find a suitable edible and speaks before indulging.

"A worm hunt? For sport? Or necessity? We've been doing our fair share of combat since we have arrived here, so I'm sure we are more than up to the task."

"I do have to admit, this is a welcome respite in our curious day thus far. I did not expect to find such a splendid court or such hospitality in such an inhospitable land."

"But I do sense that this place is not up to your standards, magnificent as they must be. Surely you desire more than this simple hunk of rock can offer. Is there any way we can be of assistance in that regard? Or is the prospect of the worm hunt enough for now?"


Cosmic Captive Map

The efreeti glares at Keriassa as she comments on the relative paucity of the setting. ”My standards as it were may be less refined than what I would offer you if we were in my family’s demesne back on the Plane of Fire. Still, one does what one can in climates less conductive to extravagance. I would hope that even this home can provide you some rest from the sun above, as your mortal forms are less suited to the heat are you not? Still, you are fortunate that your band chose this domain to delve: those stone brutes to the north have little sense of hospitality.” the genie snarls and spits as he mentions the earth elementals.

Turning his head towards the professor, Fahaz Nahlam leads forward. ”But explorers you say? And an entire guild of you? That is…interesting. I do hope that you have not run into too much trouble above. My Court is responsible for patrolling this part of the rock you call Aucturn’s Tear from…certain sorts. Though from your words and attire,” he looks over the blood and bile stains speckling your party’s clothes, ”I suspect we may need to reinforce some of the routes above.”

”Tell me ‘Pathfinders’”, where have you explored so far? And what exactly is it that you hope to find?” He looks at you expectantly, a glint in his eyes showing he is very curious about what you say next.

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

"Well, in your part of the asteroïd, we have found lava, a spaceship, undeath, original denisen of this place and other explorers.

I excuse myself for my attire. I didn't know we would have such exquisite host."

part... And the spiders said Earth, fire and water. So that mean they collaborate for something...

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus/Monk: HP: 38/38 | AC 18 (14 Tch,15Flat) CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6*(+1vsFear) | Init:+6, Perception:+9 | Arcane Pool: 5/7 | Effects:Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial)| Mage Armor, Bless|

"Our goal as explorers is to find something new and interesting. We determined that this rock was behaving oddly when compared with similar rocks that have passed us by, so we decided it was worth exploration.

But enough about us. How long have you had a presence here and for what purpose did you come?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Cosmic Captive Map

Fahaz waves a dismissive hand at the barbarian's wardrobe concerns. "Think not of it. It may be a bit more...rustic than I am used to but a contrasting sense of style could perhaps add some new color to our little gatherings."

"And you looked around that Vercite craft that hit us? Dreadful pirates - they sought to raid our forces and potentially take things that did not belong to them. I am pleased to hear they have paid for their folly a second time."

The efreeti claps loudly and a quarter of fire elementals bring out skewers of vegetables, the produce cooking as they carry them towards you. "Now outsider, my story is little to tell. The Queen of the Inferno has been a generous liege for my family, and as the firstborn of my time it is my honor to serve her. For many millennia I served near the borders of Earth in various skirmishes, or as an emissary in the City of Brass." A wistful expression crosses his face as he is lost in memories for a moment. Then Fahaz's face sours, and he continues. "Yet for the last few decades, my service to my Queen has brought me here. Serving alongside some of Her Eminence's colleague's agents has been interesting, but I believe this post should not be a permanent one."

You have been making some nice conversation with Fahaz for some time now. You can begin making a strong impression on him with either a Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Linguistics, Perform, or Profession Merchant check. Let me know who is the primary, though others can aid if they wish.

151 to 200 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Zoomba's 8-00 Cosmic Captive (5-6 Tier) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.