Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Zoomba's 8-00 Cosmic Captive (5-6 Tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Zoomba

MAP/ Handouts


1 to 50 of 561 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Glass River Rescue

Creating now mostly for dotting

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 3 | ~HP: 36/36, AC (21).21 (16 Tch,16 Flat), CMD:18, Fort:+2, Ref:+11, Will:+4, Init:+5, Perception:+15 (+16 for traps)

dotting. Btw, I think this team is going to crush it!

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

<wave> Hello there folks!

Silver Crusade

Female human Skald 3/Paladin 2 | HP: 44/44| AC: 17 (15 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 19| F: +10, R: +8, W: +8 |2/15 Raging Song 2/3 LoH| Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM +10 | Active: heightened awareness, bless, song and reckless, smite (gargoyle)

skalding dot

Liberty's Edge

Female half-elf Ranger 4/Sorcerer 1/Warpriest 1 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 20 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +7| Init: +6 | Perc: +15, SM +6 | Blessings 3/3 Sorc Spells 4/4 | Active: mage armor, bless, song

dot

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

At the gathering place, a man with raven black hair, blue grey skin, and sharp features that are vaguely reminiscent of an an eagle crossed with an elf, calmly approaches.

His vibrant robes are a mix of reds and yellows layered over shimmering blue satin which is trimmed with metallic gold and copper feathers. He walks with a staff which is carved and dyed to appear as entwined asps, one white and one black.

His curious eyes seem to take in your surroundings in an easy manner. As his eyes settle upon a familiar face, he smiles and offers a humble greeting. "Hello Kivuli. It is a pleasure to see you again. I do hope you have been well since last we met. Hello to my other fellow pathfinders as well." He bows his head in respect and smiles to all those assembled.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Crios. Has anyone been notified as to the nature of the mission we have before us?" he says pleasantly.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 3 | ~HP: 36/36, AC (21).21 (16 Tch,16 Flat), CMD:18, Fort:+2, Ref:+11, Will:+4, Init:+5, Perception:+15 (+16 for traps)

Striding up to the magus, the wayang takes the proffered hand with genuine warmth, "Ah ha! Crios my friendling. Fantastic it is to be seeing you agains. Me have been practicing tonguing others...er talking to others. Goodinger I am getting, yes?" Though a veil covers his face, one can sense an easy smile dancing about his eyes.

The gray-clad rogue turns to the others and points to the aasimar, "He am better at quietness than he looks."

Silver Crusade

Female human Skald 3/Paladin 2 | HP: 44/44| AC: 17 (15 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 19| F: +10, R: +8, W: +8 |2/15 Raging Song 2/3 LoH| Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM +10 | Active: heightened awareness, bless, song and reckless, smite (gargoyle)

"Hello, then." A pleasant but somewhat disheveled young Isgeri woman speaks from the back of the room where she stands with another woman, both with clasped hands upon the top of similar darkened longbows that pivot on the floor before them. "I am Keriassa, honored bow-woman of Erastil, and delver upon subjects both esoteric and mysterious. I'm honored to travel with so many new faces on this day. Know that I will have your back in any challenge we may face."

Dipping her bow to her companion, she smiles broadly. "This is my sister-in-law, Jade. The one who was foolish enough to marry my thick-headed brother. But I should let her introduce herself, even though she hates public speaking." She says with a surprisingly hearty laugh.

Liberty's Edge

Female half-elf Ranger 4/Sorcerer 1/Warpriest 1 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 20 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +7| Init: +6 | Perc: +15, SM +6 | Blessings 3/3 Sorc Spells 4/4 | Active: mage armor, bless, song

"The thick-headedness runs in your family, no doubt." says the attractive half-elf to Keri's right. Smiling she turns to greet the rest of you. "I am Jade of the River Kingdoms, it is a pleasure to meet you all. I am well-versed in the ways of the land and sea and I have recently dedicated myself to the wisdom of Gozreh, who imbues me with the wrath of the storm when needed."

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 3 | ~HP: 36/36, AC (21).21 (16 Tch,16 Flat), CMD:18, Fort:+2, Ref:+11, Will:+4, Init:+5, Perception:+15 (+16 for traps)

The wayang happily walks up to the pair, offering a hand to shake."Ah, Thick-head, Jewelry-girl, nice to making acquaintances of yours! Me am Kivuli Greyfeather."

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 69/69 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 10 | F11 R3 W10 | Init +0 | Per +10 (+6)

Groaning from apparent pain, a wrinkled hunched gnome seems to try to right his stooped posture and briefly achieves a height reaching nearly halfway to three feet before he moans and nearly collapses over his own feet.

It's clear this gnome is old. Very old.

His eyes bulge from behind thick rimmed glasses and a tiny wisp of white hair trails atop his head like a miniature flag blowing in the wind.

While he appears to be wearing a white coat replete with pockets bulging with unknown contents, little by way of armor protects his body outside a set of matching striped pajamas and a pair of blue slippers.

Smacking his lips, he seems to look about the area before focusing on one of Crios's feet.

"Ahem! Pleased to meet you, errr, sir? Quite leathery skin there, you have. And a bit, err, boot-shaped?"

The elder gnome nearly raps the boot with his staff as he works to introduce himself.

"I've heard there's some sort of Eshul going on. Not quite sure what an Eshul is, but I hear there's free food."

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

Nimbly removing his feet from the path of the wandering staff tip whenever it nears, Crios reaches out and pats the elderly gnome gently on the shoulder saying, "I am pleased to meet you as well sir. My skin has indeed seen many days under the weathering sun. You are quite perceptive to notice. I shall have to keep that in mind for the future. For now, let us see about getting you some of that free food you mentioned. Just hold on to my sleeve and I will direct you there." He then moves off in search of something delicious to eat before the event starts.

Leathery and boot-shaped? HAH! Gnomes are such interesting creatures.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 3 | ~HP: 36/36, AC (21).21 (16 Tch,16 Flat), CMD:18, Fort:+2, Ref:+11, Will:+4, Init:+5, Perception:+15 (+16 for traps)

Well, at least he did not call me "boot sized".

The rogue follows the pair, content for the time being to listen to the two interesting Pathfinders.

Truly, joining The Society has been one of the best decision I ever made. How else could one meet such a diverse group of people?


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts // True Dragons

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to continue to introduce yourselves to each other in Absalom in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

"Well you see, Proffessor F, would you mind if I called you F? Lovely. You see F, my name is Crios, and while you came for the food, I am sure there was more to the invitation you received." He pauses as they reach the refreshments and he helps load a plate for F.

"It seems that you and I have been assigned to a small group, as is the Society way with missions, but what is different today is we are among many other small groups and from what it seems, we are about to witness something very unusual. We will have to be prepared for anything out here in the Cairnlands. It is a place of mixed emotions for me. While there has been much death and destruction here there is also the fact that Absalom repelled all threats from here."

"So tell me F, what do you offer on missions besides aged wisdom from a long life full of amazing experiences?"

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

A shirtless Kellid enters the group. He wears a black scythe.

Wisdom is knowing that having more than 8 pathfinders for a mission is trouble for the world. And I have seen the world end. As for I, My area of expertise is being in a library."

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 69/69 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 10 | F11 R3 W10 | Init +0 | Per +10 (+6)

The Professor glances up at Crios, almost wistfully as the aasimar confirms his suspicions, praises his perceptiveness, promises free food, and offers a sleeve.

Smacking his lips, his eyes grow large, magnified as they already were, behind an inch of thick glass.

"Well, I.. my boy, I have yet to meet such a worthy Pathfinder such as yourself. Such manners..."

Either unaware of the other Pathfinders present, or simply dismissing them for not showing the same reverence for their elders as Crios appears to. Much as he appears to ignore any others present, the Professor also seems to ignore the references to himself as merely "F" and begins nodding as Crios begins discussing the Cairnlands.

"Cairnlands you say?"

The Professor squints, looking about.

"Are you sure? I seem to remember a summons to Oostalove or some such place. Something about vampires?"

The gnome smacks his lips for a moment.

"Or perhaps that was last month... and, err.. it's already been dealt with? Ahh, no matter!"

The Professor nods towards the shirtless Kellid and seems to have been convinced the scythe-wielding warrior is actually "F".

"Ah, hired muscle! Excellent! My dear boy here says you too have aged wisdom and a long life full of amazing experiences?"

The Professor gestures at Crios and then turns back to Blanmieux, clearly a bit lost and addled.

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

Well... That is my fault for being impolite. thinks Blanmieux.

Silver Crusade

Female human Skald 3/Paladin 2 | HP: 44/44| AC: 17 (15 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 19| F: +10, R: +8, W: +8 |2/15 Raging Song 2/3 LoH| Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM +10 | Active: heightened awareness, bless, song and reckless, smite (gargoyle)

No stranger to Kellids, Keriassa nods politely to the warrior as she passes by and smiles at the strange little gnome. She goes into the crowd searching for supplies for what is likely to be an eventful endeavor.

Doubling my supply of arrows --- 15 gp


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts // True Dragons

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

Crios turns and listens to Sorrina with great interest. As she finishes he turns back to his group, saying "Well as exciting as this is, we really should follow her direction and head for the safe areas." He then helps F along, making sure the elderly gnome is protected from the crush of the crowd.


Glass River Rescue

As you move out of the way of Sorinna's transported equipment and towards you starting zones, starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the immense Spire of Nex. Overhead, a comet lazily streaks across the night sky. Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and the shadow of great wings occasionally blots out the stars. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards. These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

Moving into the designated section, you hears rumors and specualtion flying about wildly as your mission's start rapidly approaches

Diplomacy (Gather Information). One roll: open all spoilers that apply. DC 12+:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

17+:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

22+:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

27+:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

- - -

Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History) As you ponder the significance of your placement near the Spire of Nex DC 10+:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

DC 20+:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

- - -

Knowledge (Geography) or Profession (Astronomer) DC 10+:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

15+:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

20+:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

25+:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn’s Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Glass River Rescue

After a few minutes of watching Sorrinna direct legions of Society workers and hirelings lug sheet-covered wagons towards the Spire, astern-looking half-orc approaches you six. Decked out in red and black armor, with a bow at his side and an Asmodean cross around his neck, he glances down at the paper in his hand before looking back to you.

”So, you're some of the ones who've volunteered for this mission then. Well, good luck. You'll need it on your trip outside of Golarion’s atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment."

He waits for a moment to let the news sink in. After a beat he nods upwards at the 'star' shining brihgtly in the night sky.

"Yes, that one! I won't be joining you there. But the Korvosan Lodge has gotten some resources together to protect you while you're there. Dead Pathfinders far from home aren't exactly the point of this scheme, so take care to be prepared." He motions to a robed Varisian who hustles over with a large rucksack, which he presents to you.

Each and every one of you is getting your own packet, consisting of a snapleaf, 2 air crystals and a potion of endure elements.

What those are:
Air crystals: These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.
Snapleaf: This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.

The half-orc continues as you search through the bag. "Of course even the best parts of space have their own hazards beyond what you're used to. And an uncharted comet is far from the best. As best us Captains can tell, there may - likely will given the Society's luck - be environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and radiation all getting in your way. Some of us at the Dark Archive managed to find a spell that may be able to help you with that. Wasn't easy to find either. It lasts for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they'll find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet...”

He reaches into his spell component pouch "So, what do you say? Who wants it?"

This is a variant planetary adaptation spell that will protect you from the three hazards above: extreme environmental temperature swings, vacuum, and radiation. It will last 11 hours (enough for the full scenario), and can be purchased for 1 Prestige Point. Please let me know if each or any of you would like to 'purchase' this. (its an individual choice/spell)

As the half-orc Captain waits for your reply, you see that the merchants around are quickly wrapping up their sales as the crowd begins to shift towards the tower and Sorinna seems to be making her final preparations.

Last chance for purchases

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Take 10/Know Arcana for a 20. no need to roll if a take 10 will get everything.
Know Geography(untrained/max 10): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

"The Dark Archive always provides the best help. I would appreciate that spell sir." Crios says to the half-orc Captain.

While the group is moving around in the safe area, Crios starts a conversation about relevant and recent events, "From what I have noticed, people in Absalom have been quite talkative about a new light in the sky and as with anything like that, there are those that profess the world is coming to an end. I am sure that light was really just the new comet that appeared several months ago. Its trajectory has been noted as highly irregular and it doesn't match any known comets."

Turning the conversation to the nearby Spire of Nex, "The Spire of Nex stretches a mile-high! The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR and the Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself."

Getting the attention of a passing scroll merchant, "Excuse me. Would you happen to have a scroll of spider climb in your wares? I have been meaning to get one and it would be most fortuitous if you had one." I will spend the 150 for the scroll if I can get one

Just as things seem to be getting underway, Crios taps himself with his wand of mage armor.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 3 | ~HP: 36/36, AC (21).21 (16 Tch,16 Flat), CMD:18, Fort:+2, Ref:+11, Will:+4, Init:+5, Perception:+15 (+16 for traps)

Gather Information: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Know, Arcana: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 8 + (2) = 21
Know, Geography: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 8 + (1) = 20

"I have heard that messengers have been coming from all around the Inner Sea with talk of 'portals'. Some say they are linked to some disturbance in the Planes. Kyonin even sent one of their elven ambassadors to meet with the Decemvirate. Shortly after, it was nearly impossible to find any scrolls or texts of elven research on the solar system and the planets as they had scribes copying everything they could find on the subject. Knock a first year trainee over a table in their haste to plunder the library."

Taking a moment to think on all this, "Well, this is certainly all related. I mean the comet will pass Golarion in the next day. Some one said that it used to be spinning slowly, but its slowed down or stopped as it has gotten closer to us. Probably because its venting air instead of ice crystals and water vapor. Interestingly enough, it has created a shallow atmosphere on the surface of the comet itself."

Looking down into the pack issued to him, "And they want to send us up to it? Excuse me, I will be right back. Now where did that half-orc go?"

I'm a Darkive guy, so I may as well take them up on their counsel.

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

"I am gonna take this spell."add Blanmieux. "How and if we are against something that fly. Please use this on me. Last time, a flying ooze wreck us because if this."

buying a Wand of enlarge person and buying the spell with pp. I am also greasing myself

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 3 | ~HP: 36/36, AC (21).21 (16 Tch,16 Flat), CMD:18, Fort:+2, Ref:+11, Will:+4, Init:+5, Perception:+15 (+16 for traps)

In addition to paying the PP for the Dark Archive spell, I will buy two (2) potions of Bless Weapon for 50 gp each and two (2) potions of Shield of Faith (+2) for 50 gp each. Total spent = 1 PP & 200 gp.

Silver Crusade

Female human Skald 3/Paladin 2 | HP: 44/44| AC: 17 (15 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 19| F: +10, R: +8, W: +8 |2/15 Raging Song 2/3 LoH| Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM +10 | Active: heightened awareness, bless, song and reckless, smite (gargoyle)

Diplomacy to gather info: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Know Geography: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Pointing to the comet, Keriassa laughs as she rejoins the group and saddles up to Kivuli and Crios. "We're going to that thing? Huh, I've actually been studying that for a few days now, what with all the hubbub from the Grand Lodge about portends and such. Turns out it an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. It passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before."

I do want the planetary adaption spell for 1 pp, and I'm placing the contents of the care package into my handy haversack.

Liberty's Edge

Female half-elf Ranger 4/Sorcerer 1/Warpriest 1 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 20 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +7| Init: +6 | Perc: +15, SM +6 | Blessings 3/3 Sorc Spells 4/4 | Active: mage armor, bless, song

As Jade listens to the others recollections and speculation, a twinge of excitement rises in her.

I've never been off Golarion before. May Gozreh bless this mission and all who pursue it.

Yes for the plantary adaptation spell too. Use a charge of my wand of mage armor before we begin.

"Ah, wait for me. I almost forgot" She disappears in the crowd before the next speech and tries to obtain a new healing wand.

Spend 2 prestige for a fresh CLW wand

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

i will change the wand of enlarge person for 2 scroll and a potion. Who want to cast it if we have a problem against flying enemys?

-Posted with Wayfinder


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts // True Dragons

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

I'll buy a scroll of fly as well. I can cast that if you need me to.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

"Go!Go! Space is waiting for us!"

-Posted with Wayfinder


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Glass River Rescue

Hustling through the portal into strange terrain, you see that Sorinna was not speaking idly: the view is breathtaking as broad rocky stripes and craters cross the pocked barren stone surface of the asteroid. Above you the dark void of space can be seen all around: thousands of tiny stars in the distance doting the sky, with the sun hanging low on the horizon and a bihgt blue and green orb dominating the view. Stepping out, you find the temperature surprisingly comfortable, and the air strangely breathable. Every stride however quickly reveals that the gravity o this place seems far lighter than what you are used to back on Golarion.

Low gravity rules:
Aucturn’s Tear has gravity that is only one-fifth that of Golarion. PCs can jump five times as high and lift five times as much as normal, and projectiles
have their range categories quintupled. Reduce the die size of damage dealt by falling to 1d4.

As you orient yourselves, you notice that there is little time to bask in the strange sights however. All around you scores of Pathfinders are finding themselves engaged by stone and clay beasts swarming forwards as if from the comet itself.

And you are no exception! Two nearby piles of rubble quickly shift into humanoid forms that rush towards you. A swooping sound from above shows that they are joined by a stony flying creature, silhouetted by Golarion itself hanging in the sky.

GM stuff:
Blanmieux: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Keriassa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Professor F: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Crios: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Kivuli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Jade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Blue E: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Red E: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
G: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

INITIATIVE

Kivuli
Jade
Crios
Blanmieux
Keriassa
Professor F

Flying rock thing (Know Arcana to ID)
Red rock thing (Know Planes to ID)
Blue rock thing

A note about how I run PbP combats: everyone BOLDED can post their actions (because waiting for exact initiative order in a PbP can take an extremely long time - even if this special didn't have a time component). If you'd specifically like to delay until after another character's action, let me know. And obviously if by the time you post your action doesn't make sense (the poster right before you dropped that foe) we can adjust as best we can).

In this case, you happen to all be up first, because the enemies ended up being slow as...well, rocks :)

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Know Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Crios quickly discloses any information he knows on the threats they face... Special Attacks, DR, Special Defenses

... before he activates the magic in his wand of shield and...

will finish my move based on what my knowledge roll reveals.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 3 | ~HP: 36/36, AC (21).21 (16 Tch,16 Flat), CMD:18, Fort:+2, Ref:+11, Will:+4, Init:+5, Perception:+15 (+16 for traps)

Know, Arcana: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 8 + (5) = 24
Know, Planes: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 8 + (4) = 30

Taking advantage of the creature's slow reaction time, the rogue races to the north of the creatue and strikes the stony monster before it can react.

Estoc Pirahna Strike: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 for Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 and maybe Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 for damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

If knowlege roll indicate I need blunt, damage will be mace damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 and Possible crit damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5. The SA damage would remain the same.


Glass River Rescue

Crios takes a careful look at the three foes moving towards your party. The two on the comet's surface are Earth Elementals of medium size: their stony forms are immune to critical or precion damage Sorry Kivuli, and the outsiders draw additional strength for their blows when they and their targets are standing on solid ground.

The flier is a gargoyle, though he seems fiercer and more imposing than most. Their skin shrugs off a fair-portion of strikes from non-magic weapons, and while they cannot strafe with flyby attacks, the earthen earth subtype creature can hover as they pummel enemies with claws, bites, and gores.

Gargolye has DR/Magic, but no other damage especially effective or not. the elementals are immune to crits, precision, sleep, paralysis, poison, stunning, and bleed

As Crios wards himself, the wayang darts forwards and delivers a perfect blow! Unfortunately, the elemental seems to be made of solid rock, and while a decent slab cracks and slides off it he seems less crippled than hoped for.

INITIATIVE

Kivuli
Jade
Crios
Blanmieux
Keriassa
Professor F
Gargoyle
Red earth elemental -10hp
Blue earth elemental

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

Knowing the elementals can't be flanked, Crios merely moves up to the one with Kivuli so he can assist and provide another target against the creature's wrath.

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

And now, aliens attack. Another day in Absalom, I suppose.

Blanmieux goes forth and attacks the same lump of earth as Kivuli.

Power attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 2 = 22
Scythe adamantine: 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 = 17

Let's see, how well we do in combat.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 69/69 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 10 | F11 R3 W10 | Init +0 | Per +10 (+6)

Knowledge Roll Catch-Up:

Gather Info: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 .. that's good since the Professor often monologues about Nex. :)
-
Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

~Earlier~

Yes, 1pp spent on the variant planar adaptation!

With the promise of exploring beyond Golarion a reality, the Professor beams eagerly and clasps his hands.

"Why! Just the opportunity I've been, err, err.. waiting for! Yes, there are so many people out there just waiting for deliveries from my employees..."

The Professor looks up and grins at Crios.

"A job awaits you my boy, should you decide deliveries to hostile alien worlds in your future! The pay is, err, well, uh... "

The Professor's words trail off into a mumble.

"Ah yes! Aucturn's Tear. I remember the last time it passed by fifty-off years ago. I held the hand of Wendy Winderbrand as we gazed upward... err, or was it Windy Wenderband?"

~Earth Elemental Time~

The Professor adjusts his glasses, pushing them up the bridge of his nose while he reaches into a pocket of his bathrobe before pulling out a small yew wand.

"Blessings of Mah'ahm upon you all!"

We'll burn that charge of the bless wand now. 43 charges remain. +1 morale bonus for attack rolls and fear saves is up.

The Professor's Status:


HP: 58/58; AC: 14 (T11/FF14)
F: +10, R: +2, W: +9

Spells Prepared
3rd — [ ] [ ] fireball[D] (DC 18), communal resist energy[UC]
2nd — [ ] hold person (DC 16), [ ] produce flame[D], [ ] lesser restoration, [ ] sound burst (DC 17)
1st — [ ] [ ] burning hands[D] (DC 16), [ ] command (DC 15), [ ] liberating command[UC], [ ] murderous command[UM] (DC 15)

Elemental Rod (Cold) remaining: 3/3
Selective Rod remaining: 3/3
Pearls remaining: 2/2
Channel remaining: 5/5
Fire Bolt remaining: 7/7
Bless wand remaining: 43/50

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,
Blanmieux wrote:
Blanmieux goes forth and attacks the same lump of earth as Kivuli.

I moved you on the map Blanmieux to reflect your choice of actions. If you have google slides on your mobile device, you can see and move yourself, but if not I can help whenever you need.

Well this is challenging. Three of us on one... and that leaves one more grounder and a flier to deal with. The sisters and F are exposed now, more than before. We will have to finish this one fast and move to support them.

Silver Crusade

Female human Skald 3/Paladin 2 | HP: 44/44| AC: 17 (15 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 19| F: +10, R: +8, W: +8 |2/15 Raging Song 2/3 LoH| Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM +10 | Active: heightened awareness, bless, song and reckless, smite (gargoyle)

attack one: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 26
attack two: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 20
attack one confirm: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 22
damage one: 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 4 = 12
damage two: 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 4 = 10
confirm damage extra one: 2d8 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (1, 8) + 2 + 8 = 19

Seeing the creature take flight, Keriassa unleashes a set of arrows upon it.

+1 adaptive darkwood composite bow

Liberty's Edge

Female half-elf Ranger 4/Sorcerer 1/Warpriest 1 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 20 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +7| Init: +6 | Perc: +15, SM +6 | Blessings 3/3 Sorc Spells 4/4 | Active: mage armor, bless, song

"Keep those rocks off of our back! We will take down the flying one."

Jade steps forward to get a better view and fires a volley of arrows at the flying creature with her magical bow.

1st arrow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1st arrow damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
2nd arrow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
2nd arrow damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

dear archers, have you add the bless. And Thanks curios for the map.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Glass River Rescue

Professor F enacts a quick blessing over the ordeal while Blanmieux's scythe takes off another large chunk of the injured earth elemental.

The archers quickly take aim at the charging gargoyle. It screeches as the barrage of arrows tear into its wings and body, and it plummets to the ground, twitching. Jade quickly spins to launch her final arrow at the other elemental, but it bounces harmlessly off of its stone form.

The surrounded elemental lashes out at Blanmieux
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 for damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Just striking him, his swinging stone fist continues to punch Crios
attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 for damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Meanwhile, his companion charges forth towards the Professor, grinding out in Terran as he attacks.

Terran:
Another incursion. You must be removed!

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13 for damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

INITIATIVE

Kivuli
Jade
Crios 23/38hp
Blanmieux 76/83hp
Keriassa
Professor F

Gargoyle
Red earth elemental -27hp
Blue earth elemental

Dark Archive

Aasimar Staff Magus 5/Monk 1: HP: 45/45(45/45NL) DR 5/blunt | AC 18,14T,15 FF, CMD:21 | Fort:+8 Ref:+7 Will:+6 | Init:+6, Perception:+10 | Arcane Pool: 7/7 |Condition: | Effects: Resist Energy 5 vs Acid/Cold/Electricity(Celestial), defending bone, mage armor,

Swiftly adding a small portion of his magic to each swing, Crios drops his wand at his feet and grips his staff with both hands as he taps out two quick blows...

flurry+bless+PA+arcane strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
flurry+bless+PA+arcane strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

His first strike bounces harmlessly off the rocky creature, but his second...

-Posted with Wayfinder


Glass River Rescue

...causes the sentient rock to crumble.

INITIATIVE

Kivuli
Jade

Crios 23/38hp
Blanmieux 76/83hp
Keriassa
Professor F

Gargoyle
Red earth elemental

Blue earth elemental

Scarab Sages

Gnome Cleric HP 69/69 | AC14 T11 FF14 | CMD 10 | F11 R3 W10 | Init +0 | Per +10 (+6)

The Professor's eyes go wide as the elemental charges ahead in his direction, his powerful blow somehow being dulled by the thickness of his quilted bathrobes.

"Bwa'huhh? You're attacking ME?"

He quickly switches to the brute's native tongue so it fully understands his barrage of insults.

Terran:

"You moronic dirtclod we're not some sort of incursion! And... I wield the powers of all the Multiverse's elements... but most of all, FIIIIIRE!!""

Taking a step back, the Professor looks first to his left, then his right hand. Shaking both, he manages to cause one to spark and flame before hurling his conjuration at his assailant.

Fire bolt (ranged touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Dark Archive

0 init:0 perp:+9 hp: 83/83 dr 3; 17\18 rounds of rage ac16 cmd 20 saves fort: +10 reflex +3 will +3 reroll 1\1.

Blanmieux shrugs off the flesh wound and attack the last elemental.

Power attack bless: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 + 1 = 14adamantine Scythe +vengeful: 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (1, 3) + 14 = 18

"Professeur, you speak his langage? "

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 3 | ~HP: 36/36, AC (21).21 (16 Tch,16 Flat), CMD:18, Fort:+2, Ref:+11, Will:+4, Init:+5, Perception:+15 (+16 for traps)

Not the Professor! I must get there.

Kivuli races to the other elemental. He takes a circuitous route to keep out of the archers way, ending up between the creatue and the Professor.

Double move. With 60', I have enough movement to go behind the party so as not to provoke an AoO.

1 to 50 of 561 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Zoomba's 8-00 Cosmic Captive (5-6 Tier) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.