Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Stonegarde's First Steps Table 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Stonegarde

Handouts and Maps


151 to 192 of 192 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Human Arcanist (Occultist) 1|AC 12/12/10|HP 4/9|F+2,R+2,W+0|Percept.-1|Init.+8|CMD 10|Spell L1:1|Arcane Res. 2/4|

Joe stares at the creature and tries to remember any details from a half forgotten description he read years ago. While doing so he responds to Richelle "I can't hold it, but I do have a spell that will stun it for a little while."
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Sovereign Court

male grippli cleric of Gozreh 1 | HP 10/10, wooden fist 7/7, storm burst 7/7 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | F +3, R +3, W +6 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Spd 20', climb 20' | Perc +9 | Init +5

"Some pet!" snorts Gili as he enters the room. "Maybe I can distract it a bit."

Using storm burst ability.

ranged touch-into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19
nonlethal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 and -2 to attack for one round

Dark Archive

Male Human Arcanist (Occultist) 1|AC 12/12/10|HP 4/9|F+2,R+2,W+0|Percept.-1|Init.+8|CMD 10|Spell L1:1|Arcane Res. 2/4|

"Let's keep this nonlethal" Joe agrees as he rushes forward. As soon as he has a clear shot at the creature he unleashes a dazzling cone of colour from his hands.

positioned one square southeast of Thorur
Color Spray north misses Thorur and hits creature, DC 15 will negates

Ignore this roll if creature has more than 2 HD
Rounds of Unconscious/blind/stun: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
ignore if creature has more than 4 HD
Rounds of Blind/Stun: 1d4 ⇒ 4
applicable rolls happen in order then add one turn of stun to the end


The imp ignores the damage from the Grippli, though the damage is apparent.

"Leave me be!" Screams the imp and throws the box across the room and furiously trying to open it. But suddenly ...

dm:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

... a vivid cone of clashing colors springs forth from Joe's hand and envelops the imp, stunning the creature in place.

4 rounds tell the imp comes to. Go!

Grand Lodge

m dwarf warpriest 1L[INT:+2] (AC:17/11/16)(HP: 12)(F:5/R:2/W:3)(PERC:+2)(INIT:+1)(CMD: 14/13/+4 vs. bullrush/trip while standing on ground)

"You guys grab the box and go! I will stay next to it to stop it if need be. Yell when you are all clear."

Thorur readies his dwarven waraxe to attack if needed.

The Exchange

Human Gunslinger Musket Master 3 | AC 20/15/15 | HP 28/28 | F+4,R+7,W+4 | Perception +8 | Init+8 | CMD 17

Alani readies a normal round into her rifle and will take aim to cover who goes in to get the box

Sovereign Court

Female Human Telekinecticist 1 | AC 15/13/12 | HP 11/11 | F+4,R+3,W+2 | Percept.+5 | Init.+5 | CMD 14 |

Richelle moves in and grabs the box. She turns and prepares to head back out the door next round!


The pathfinders easily escape the room with the box in hand, and after a few uncomfortable pleasantries with Paracountess take their leave of the estate.

With the four tasks completed, the Pathfinders make their way back to the Grand Lodge and come upon some kind of celebration. A throng of people blocks the street ahead. A performance art group commandeers the street, drawing graffiti to create a jolly hellscape complete with illusory devils comically dancing around in circles. A few citizens avoiding the crowd slip off-street through a nearby alley, the only egress past the gathering.

The Pathfinders make their way down into the alley as well to avoid the crowd, and a strong mist suddenly springs up! The other citizens that were heading down into the alley with suddenly run off, and the group hears a young, feminine voice call out to you.

"Why don't you just drop whatever valuables you have and be on your way? We don't really have to kill you, but we most certainly can!"

Sovereign Court

Female Human Telekinecticist 1 | AC 15/13/12 | HP 11/11 | F+4,R+3,W+2 | Percept.+5 | Init.+5 | CMD 14 |

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Richelle looks around, trying to pinpoint the voice.

The Exchange

Human Gunslinger Musket Master 3 | AC 20/15/15 | HP 28/28 | F+4,R+7,W+4 | Perception +8 | Init+8 | CMD 17

weapon drawn at the ready, she searches for the voice she heard

Perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

if noticing the voice location she will ready her aim at her, and fire if the voice will not leave and become more ready to be violent

"You know this really has been getting boring, I'm sure you don't want to piss off an already twitchy fingered pirate who has been on land longer then she likes, would you?"

Grand Lodge

m dwarf warpriest 1L[INT:+2] (AC:17/11/16)(HP: 12)(F:5/R:2/W:3)(PERC:+2)(INIT:+1)(CMD: 14/13/+4 vs. bullrush/trip while standing on ground)

Thorur says the same 2 blessings to Toragg. The first one gives him a +1 sacred bonus to all saves and +1 sacred bonus to AC. The second one causes his Dwarven Waraxe to glow yellow-gold (it is now considered to be a "good" weapon dealing +1d6 vs. evil creature). Both effects last 1 minute.

"We don't fear thugs that have to threaten from the shadows because they are too weak to stand face-to-face with us"

Sovereign Court

male grippli cleric of Gozreh 1 | HP 10/10, wooden fist 7/7, storm burst 7/7 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | F +3, R +3, W +6 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Spd 20', climb 20' | Perc +9 | Init +5

"We are on important business and cannot be disturbed by the likes of you," croaks Gili, accusing the shadows. He peeks around, looking for the source of the voice.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Dark Archive

Male Human Arcanist (Occultist) 1|AC 12/12/10|HP 4/9|F+2,R+2,W+0|Percept.-1|Init.+8|CMD 10|Spell L1:1|Arcane Res. 2/4|

Joe prepares to summon an eagle as soon as he can find the assailant.
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


The female voice in the mist seems to want nothing to do with negotiating.

"You guys have been busy today...if you won't hand it over, we'll take it from you! Get'em!"

Though the Pathfinders can make out several forms in the mist ahead, they seem difficult to make out.

Round 1: Bold may act
Gili
Halli
Larkin
Deandre
Ledford
Thorur
Richelle
Alani
Joe

DM:

init: Richelle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
init: Thorur: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
init: Joe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
init: Alani: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
init: Gili: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
init: Deandre: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
init: Halli: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
init: Ledford: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
init: Larkin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Sovereign Court

male grippli cleric of Gozreh 1 | HP 10/10, wooden fist 7/7, storm burst 7/7 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | F +3, R +3, W +6 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Spd 20', climb 20' | Perc +9 | Init +5

"Oh great Wet One, bringer of the storms, grant us your blessing!"

Casting bless.


The pathfinders hear a giggle a manic laughter before a ray of acid comes shooting out of the cloud splashing across Thorur's chest.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Right on the heels of the acid ray a human comes dashing out of the cloud and attempts tumble past Thorur but stumbles provoking an attack form the dwarve. AoO for Thorur

acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The human than lunges at Joe with a dagger and hits the arcanist in the thigh.
dagger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Next out of the fog is a screaming halfling who takes a direct path to Thorur and sinks his great axe deep into Thorur's armor.
great axe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
dmg: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

BOLD MAY ACT
Status: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
~~Round 1~~
Thorur (-8)
Richelle
Alani
Joe (-5)

~~Round 2~~
Gili
Halli
Larkin
Deandre
Ledford

Sovereign Court

Female Human Telekinecticist 1 | AC 15/13/12 | HP 11/11 | F+4,R+3,W+2 | Percept.+5 | Init.+5 | CMD 14 |

Richelle fires her Blast at the halfling with the huge axe!

Attack with Bless 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Dark Archive

Male Human Arcanist (Occultist) 1|AC 12/12/10|HP 4/9|F+2,R+2,W+0|Percept.-1|Init.+8|CMD 10|Spell L1:1|Arcane Res. 2/4|

Joe casts color spray in the direction of his assailant, desperate to remove himself from the front line. While the human is disoriented Joe retreats to beside Richelle.

Color Spray east, 15 ft cone should hit both human and halfling, DC 15 will negates

rounds of Unconscious/Stun/Blind: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 if HD 2 or less, followed by
rounds of Stun/Blind: 1d4 ⇒ 1 if HD 4 or less, followed by
1 round of stun no matter HD

Grand Lodge

m dwarf warpriest 1L[INT:+2] (AC:17/11/16)(HP: 12)(F:5/R:2/W:3)(PERC:+2)(INIT:+1)(CMD: 14/13/+4 vs. bullrush/trip while standing on ground)

attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
if evil: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Thorur drops sanctuary spell to cast cure light wounds defensively ([DC=17)

casting defensively: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

if successful: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Thorur then steps back 5'

The Exchange

Human Gunslinger Musket Master 3 | AC 20/15/15 | HP 28/28 | F+4,R+7,W+4 | Perception +8 | Init+8 | CMD 17

Alani will fire at the person

Shoot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23 Precise Shot, and point blank
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

then Reload as a move action


Thorur is unable to take advantage of the humans mad dash missing wide with his attack.

Richelle launches a blast that puts the halfling on his heels.

A prismatic range of colors pour forth from Joe's hands enveloping the ambushes and putting them to sleep on their feet.

will, human: 1d20 ⇒ 9
will, halfman: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Alani places a well aimed shot into the humans chest, causing a large amount of blood to appear.

BOLD MAY ACT
Status: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
~~Round 2~~
Gili
Halli
Larkin (-9, Unconscious, 4/r)
Deandre
Ledford (-6, Unconscious, 4/r)
Thorur (-8)
Richelle
Alani
Joe

Grand Lodge

m dwarf warpriest 1L[INT:+2] (AC:17/11/16)(HP: 12)(F:5/R:2/W:3)(PERC:+2)(INIT:+1)(CMD: 14/13/+4 vs. bullrush/trip while standing on ground)

wow! His AC is higher than 20 at 1L?


Thorur Grundur wrote:

wow! His AC is higher than 20 at 1L?

Nope, I read your damage as your attack. So you kill the human and Alani's shot is redirected to the halfling, who now happens to be dead too.

BOLD MAY ACT
Status: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
~~Round 2~~
Gil
Halli
Larkin (dead)
Deandre
Ledford (dead)
Thorur (-8)
Richelle
Alani
Joe

Sovereign Court

male grippli cleric of Gozreh 1 | HP 10/10, wooden fist 7/7, storm burst 7/7 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | F +3, R +3, W +6 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Spd 20', climb 20' | Perc +9 | Init +5

So who's still up of the enemies?

Gili, unable to see any other foes at the moment, pauses.

Delay I guess.


The next figure to emerge from the fog is a female human wearing a mask "You will not live long enough to enjoy their deaths!" She rushes Thorur, raises her short sword but misses wide as her blood lust overwhelms her..

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Than a sorcerer steps from the edge of the mist with delightful glee all over her face and casting another spell. Though she finds the pathfinder to be elusive targets.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

BOLD MAY ACT
Status: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
~~Round 2~~
Halli
Larkin (dead)
Deandre
Ledford (dead)
Gili
Thorur (-8)
Richelle
Alani
Joe

Grand Lodge

m dwarf warpriest 1L[INT:+2] (AC:17/11/16)(HP: 12)(F:5/R:2/W:3)(PERC:+2)(INIT:+1)(CMD: 14/13/+4 vs. bullrush/trip while standing on ground)

"We shall see about that."

dwarven waraxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
weapon damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
if evil add: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

Female Human Telekinecticist 1 | AC 15/13/12 | HP 11/11 | F+4,R+3,W+2 | Percept.+5 | Init.+5 | CMD 14 |

Richelle fires her Blast at the newly appearing sorcerer!

Attack with Bless 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The Exchange

Human Gunslinger Musket Master 3 | AC 20/15/15 | HP 28/28 | F+4,R+7,W+4 | Perception +8 | Init+8 | CMD 17

Aims and Fires into combat, with precision and point blank

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

reloads

Dark Archive

Male Human Arcanist (Occultist) 1|AC 12/12/10|HP 4/9|F+2,R+2,W+0|Percept.-1|Init.+8|CMD 10|Spell L1:1|Arcane Res. 2/4|

Joe attempts to distract the human by attacking with his longspear.
Aid Another (Thorur,attack roll): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18


Joe deftly feints with his spear, immediately causing the masked figure to to respond to the supposed threat. Which in return allows Thoror to sink his axe in her side.

Alani once again finds her mark, this time dead center of the mask and face behind it. The shot instantly drops the thug to the ground with a sickening thud.

Richelle fires a blast, but the edges of the mist seems to distort her target and she misses wide.

BOLD MAY ACT
Status: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
~~Round 2~~
Halli
Gili
Thorur (-8)
Richelle
Alani
Joe

Sovereign Court

male grippli cleric of Gozreh 1 | HP 10/10, wooden fist 7/7, storm burst 7/7 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | F +3, R +3, W +6 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Spd 20', climb 20' | Perc +9 | Init +5

Gili blasts the enemy with his deity's most prized weapon- a storm cloud.

Using storm burst again.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
nonlethal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 + penalty of -2 to attack for 1 round


The sorcerer laughs gleefully as she steps forward and unleashes a swath of flame across the pathfinders.

dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Richelle, Gili, Thorur DC 14; Refelx for half

BOLD MAY ACT
Status: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
~~Round 2~~
Halli
Gili
Thorur (-8)
Richelle
Alani
Joe

Grand Lodge

m dwarf warpriest 1L[INT:+2] (AC:17/11/16)(HP: 12)(F:5/R:2/W:3)(PERC:+2)(INIT:+1)(CMD: 14/13/+4 vs. bullrush/trip while standing on ground)

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Thorur moves forward 5' and attacks

dwarven waraxe attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
dwarven waraxe damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
if evil: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

m dwarf warpriest 1L[INT:+2] (AC:17/11/16)(HP: 12)(F:5/R:2/W:3)(PERC:+2)(INIT:+1)(CMD: 14/13/+4 vs. bullrush/trip while standing on ground)

Thorur is severely injured but still standing

Sovereign Court

male grippli cleric of Gozreh 1 | HP 10/10, wooden fist 7/7, storm burst 7/7 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | F +3, R +3, W +6 | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Spd 20', climb 20' | Perc +9 | Init +5

Gili, seeing Thorur's wounds, steps up and taps him. "Heal, my brother!"

Spontaneously casting using my other bless slot. Sorry I should have done that when I had no action previously. In my defense I had a fever all weekend so I wasn't exactly thinking straight. :D

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

m dwarf warpriest 1L[INT:+2] (AC:17/11/16)(HP: 12)(F:5/R:2/W:3)(PERC:+2)(INIT:+1)(CMD: 14/13/+4 vs. bullrush/trip while standing on ground)

"Many thanks, Gili"

Sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon.

That's ok, forgot I could have healed myself instead of attacking, duh

The Exchange

Human Gunslinger Musket Master 3 | AC 20/15/15 | HP 28/28 | F+4,R+7,W+4 | Perception +8 | Init+8 | CMD 17

Alani Fires

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

then reloads

Dark Archive

Male Human Arcanist (Occultist) 1|AC 12/12/10|HP 4/9|F+2,R+2,W+0|Percept.-1|Init.+8|CMD 10|Spell L1:1|Arcane Res. 2/4|

Joe follows up behind Thorur and continues to assist him by distracting opponents.
Aid Another (Thorur, attack roll): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

Sovereign Court

Female Human Telekinecticist 1 | AC 15/13/12 | HP 11/11 | F+4,R+3,W+2 | Percept.+5 | Init.+5 | CMD 14 |

Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Sovereign Court

Female Human Telekinecticist 1 | AC 15/13/12 | HP 11/11 | F+4,R+3,W+2 | Percept.+5 | Init.+5 | CMD 14 |

Richelle ducks to the side, barely getting grazed by the fire and fires her Blast at the sorcerer yet again.

Attack with Bless into melee 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Once more with the aid of Joe Thorur finds an opening in his opponents defenses sinking his axe into the side of the sorcerer. The thug slowly slinks to the ground, the maniac smile never fading from her face.

The would-be thieves are defeated!

None of them are outright dead, and can be healed to keep them alive to face justice...or left to rot in the street.

In the end, the Pathfinders are able to successfully report back to Venture Captain Valsin. He thanks them, and lets out a chuckle at their description of events.

"Very few missions for the Pathfinder Society involve busy work like today. You did well, though, and that earns my respect. I'll keep you in mind when I need agents who aren't afraid to get work done."

After the short congratulation speech, he sends the Pathfinders off to earn a well-needed rest.

That's it! I'll need a little time to get Chronicles ready. Great work! In case anyone is curious as to the reward for the scenario, you all earn: 1 XP, 2 PP, 417 gp, and if you had a day job, a few more gold.

Grand Lodge

m dwarf warpriest 1L[INT:+2] (AC:17/11/16)(HP: 12)(F:5/R:2/W:3)(PERC:+2)(INIT:+1)(CMD: 14/13/+4 vs. bullrush/trip while standing on ground)

Thank you everyone and congratulations!

Thank you GM Stonegarde for running the module and accepting us to play.

151 to 192 of 192 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Stonegarde's First Steps Table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.