Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Skipper's The Heresy of Man series

Game Master SkipperD

Combat Map


451 to 500 of 633 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Through a combination of rapid shot and haste Sparky tosses fire bombs hitting the bug (But not his allies) until it stops moving.

Including: Rapid Shot, Good Hope, Haste, -1 for range

rolls:
Bomb #1 ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 16 for fire dmg: 5d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3, 1) + 7 + 2 = 17
Bomb #2 ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 30 for fire dmg: 5d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 4, 6) + 7 + 2 = 31
Bomb Haste ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 16 for fire dmg: 5d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3, 2) + 7 + 2 = 19
Bomb #3 ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 12 for fire dmg: 5d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 3, 5) + 7 + 2 = 26
If it lives it is on fire. If not let me know how many bombs it took.


Sparky lobs two bombs at the surviving vermin, and the room goes quiet.

----Combat Over----

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Sparky will check the moth then clamber down and look around the beetles. For now just looking for anything interesting, No detect magic yet.
Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"They didn't last long... well... shall we proceed then?" asks Rogar climbing out of the sand pit and moving towards the next corridor.


Sparky finds litraral tons of sand, but nothing else.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Fighter/2 Inquisitor/4(Preacher) Hellknight/2 | HP: 60/64 | DR 3/- | TEMPS: 12 AC:25(14 Tch,23 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +10 , R: +5 , W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Judgement 2/2 | Correction 2/2 | Determination 2/2 | Spells: 1st:4/4 / 2nd: 2/2 [ooc]Active conditions: Barkskin See Invis: 40min / Judgement: Healing, Align Weapon: Good .

"Interesting room... I suppose without the irritating 'voice in the dark' we have no idea of its purpose. Not that I am complaining, more than happy to have it destroyed." Lysaer states as they look through the Sand surrounding them, vainly trying to shakw it from his armoured boots.

Realising he his injured, the Hellknight draws forth his rune engraved wand and uses it to soother his injuries.

With DR and Temps, taken 16 Damage

Clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

"Onward and upward. There might be lives to save yet. I for one don't want to search through all of this sand."


This room is decorated to resemble the interior of a massive tent. Canvas hangs from the ceiling giving the illusion of a bivouac set up in the wilderness. The interior of this false tent is opulent in the extreme. Lush carpets and plump cushions cover the floor. Intricately carven chairs and divans are strewn about the place. The air smells of orange blossoms. A large brazier, its coals banked and glowing, stands at the back wall. A table stands next to it, an open map covering its surface. Silken garments hang on stools or peek out of chests and wardrobes. A pair of ornate scimitars hangs from the central post in the middle of the room. A covered doorway stands across from the entryway. For all the wealth displayed here, it seems odd that several hyenas are snarling and fighting at the foot of the central post, yipping and biting and hurling froths of drool around the room.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"Ah! The fabled Hall of the Hyenas! Surely this discovery will make us more famous even than Durvin Gest himself!" comments Rogar sarcastically as he takes out his sword and and prepares to put an end to the hideous creatures.

Looking at them and the enclose space they share Rogar adds:"Let's block this passage Lysaer. They'll come at us while being easy targets for our friends!"


Upon hearing Rogar's brash words, the hyenas turn their attention to you, and the smaller pair morph into ghuls, albeit lesser ones compared to the last one you faced.

Initiative:
Deaglan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Lysaer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Rogar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Sparky: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 4 = 16
Zinkyudo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
H: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

I've shuffled you forward as Rogar suggested. Also, Good Hope has run its course.

Combat Round 1
Bold may act
_______________________________
Rogar
Hyenas
Deaglan, Lysaer, Sparky, Zinkyudo
Ghuls

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

I presume Sparky's 90 minutes of Heroism is still going. Also I forgot to reapply Heightened Awareness.

On seeing the luxury Sparky remarks "Three guesses who lived here."

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

"Shame he can't enjoy it anymore" Deaglan replies

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Rogar waits for the hyenas to come into range.

"Here, doggie doggie..."

Power Attack roll: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 4 = 22 -> Power Attack roll: 2d6 + 12 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 12 + 6 + 1 = 21

Ready an attack against the first hyena coming into range, also fight defensively for +2 AC. As long as Rogar is the only one to threaten a foe he's attacking he gets +1 damage and he also gets +1 to AC as long as he fights a single foe


@Rogar: Surprisingly enough, the hyenas have reach, for some reason, so you'll probably have to wait for a ghul.

The hyenas charge forward at Lysaer and Rogar.

Attack v Lysaer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Attack v Rogar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Combat Round 1
Bold may act
_______________________________
Rogar
Hyenas
Deaglan, Lysaer, Sparky, Zinkyudo
Ghuls

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

"Those are unnaturally big." I think the sizes are wrong unless the humanoids are Large and the hyenas are Gargantuan.

5ft step back and yes. Finally. Everyone including Deaglan is Hasted.

Also kn Religion?: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29


Damn 10 ft squares...
@Sparky: The two medium sized undead are standard ghuls, 3 questions. It's a Knowledge (nature) on the hyenas.
Deaglan, Lysaer and Zinkyudo, you're up.

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

kn Nature on Hyenas: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 19 + 2 = 34 Order for both will be Defenses, Lowest save, Special Qualities.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Fighter/2 Inquisitor/4(Preacher) Hellknight/2 | HP: 60/64 | DR 3/- | TEMPS: 12 AC:25(14 Tch,23 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +10 , R: +5 , W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Judgement 2/2 | Correction 2/2 | Determination 2/2 | Spells: 1st:4/4 / 2nd: 2/2 [ooc]Active conditions: Barkskin See Invis: 40min / Judgement: Healing, Align Weapon: Good .

Eyes widening as the Hyena's morph into Ghuls, Lysaer keeps his sword up in time to bat aside the Hyena's gaping maw. Seeing that to step forwards would leave Rogar without a foe, Lysaer takes his time and waits for the Ghul's too approach before striking out at them with hasted finesse.

Delaying until the Ghul's are in reach, then Full-Attack. I have placed my delayed turn in a spoiler below:

Delayed Turn::

Power attack, Haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 = 19 for Cold Iron: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 2) + 12 = 19

Power attack, Haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 1 = 20 for Cold Iron: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 1) + 12 = 17

Power attack, Haste, Iterative: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15 for Cold Iron: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 6) + 12 = 21

No Idea what the Smurf is about...

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

@ Lysaer: ready is s standard action so I don't think you can full attack while using it. Anyway that's why Rogar didn't

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Zink will be gone a few days so I'll bot his turn if no one minds.

Zink will take a 5ft step closer

Flurry with Longbow, Deadly Aim, PBS, Haste, cover
Spend a ki point for extra attack

Primary target red hyena, secondary target blue hyena.

shot#1: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 14
dmg: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 15

shot#2: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 14
dmg: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 10

shot#3: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 13
dmg: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 11

shot Haste: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 16
dmg: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 16

iterative: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 14
dmg: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 14

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

Yeah, I got included again in the haste! ;-)

Deaglan focusses on his hammer and it starts to shine with a brilliant light holy ability from good domain

"Can you move forward a bit?!


@Sparky:
Dire hyenas: none, Will and none
Ghuls: DR/good, fire resistance; Reflex; change shape (hyena, beast shape I), genie-kin

Zinkyudo hits a hyena with a single arrow, and Deaglan blesses his hammer.

One of the ghuls charges Lysaer, while the other maneuvers in to strike Rogar.

Attack v Lysaer: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Attack v Rogar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Lysaer then slashes the nearest ghul twice.

Combat Round 2
Bold may act
_______________________________
Rogar
Hyenas (red: 16 damage)
Deaglan, Sparky, Zinkyudo
Ghuls (yellow: 26 damage)
Lysaer

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Since the hyenas keep their distance, the taldan fighter uleashes his fury on the greenish ghul to his left!

Attack roll 01: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 = 21 -> Damage roll 01: 2d6 + 12 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 12 + 6 + 1 = 30

Attack roll 02: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17 -> Damage roll 01: 2d6 + 12 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 12 + 6 + 1 = 24

Attack roll 03 (haste): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 = 24 -> Damage roll 01: 2d6 + 12 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 12 + 6 + 1 = 28

Edited target or Rogar doesn't get the +1 to Damage, if possible 5 ft movement on the left


With Lysaer engaging one ghul, Rogar gets started on the other.

Struggling with the close quarters, the dire hyenas both try the same targets as before..

Attack v Lysaer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Attack v Rogar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Combat Round 2
Bold may act
_______________________________
Rogar
Hyenas (red: 16 damage)
Deaglan, Sparky, Zinkyudo
Ghuls (green: 48 damage; yellow: 26 damage)
Lysaer

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Zinkyudo

Zinkyudo sees a clear path so shoots at green. Then blue if things go well.

Flurry with Longbow, Deadly Aim, PBS, Haste
Spend a ki point for extra attack

rolls:
shot#1: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 23
dmg:: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 10

shot#2: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 21
dmg:: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 11

shot#3: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 31
dmg:: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 10

shot Haste: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 31
dmg:: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 13

iterative: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 15
dmg:: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 13

shot#3 crit confirmation: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 14
dmg:: 2d8 + 6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 3) + 6 + 8 + 2 = 26

shot Haste crit confirmation: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 23
dmg:: 2d8 + 6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 + 8 + 2 = 24

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Sparky

"Lucky that I no longer have to depend on fire."

Sparky will start tossing force bombs at yellow splashing red and blue but not his allies. Splash is 12 force dmg DC 21 Ref for half.
If yellow goes down he'll switch to red.

rolls:

Including: Rapid Shot, PBS, Precise Shot, Haste, Heroism, Cover

Force Bomb #1 touch attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 17
Force dmg plus DC 21 Ref or prone: 5d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 2, 2) + 7 + 1 = 22

Force Bomb #2 touch attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 12
Force dmg plus DC 21 Ref or prone: 5d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 1, 3) + 7 + 1 = 22

Force Bomb Haste touch attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 28
Force dmg plus DC 21 Ref or prone: 5d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1, 2) + 7 + 1 = 15

Force Bomb iterative touch attack: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 17
Force dmg plus DC 21 Ref or prone: 5d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 2, 3) + 7 + 1 = 20

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

GM, I just realized I had already used my holy weapon ability. I would have cast mighty strength instead (effectively increasing STR by 6)

Cover not included, targeting Yellow with power attack
Standard Attack: 1d20 + 16 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 16 - 2 + 1 = 33
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 11 + 6 = 24

HasteAttack: 1d20 + 16 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 16 - 2 + 1 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 + 6 = 22

Iterative Attack: 1d20 + 16 - 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 2 + 1 - 5 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 11 + 6 = 20

Deaglan swings his longhammer in great wide arcs, just missing Lysaer on the downward swing. He then steps up.


With a veritable barrage of arrows, bombs and hammer blows you dispatch all four foes.

----Combat Over----

Among the many cushions and rugs strewn throughout this chamber is a large clay tablet with a number of hinged pieces of metal affixed to its surface. It appears to be a puzzle of some sort, and the you recognize it as the puzzle-map that you seek.

They keen-eyed among you spot a passage hidden behind one of the faux tent walls.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Let's search this place...

Perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

"So, this is it then? And that passage over there that you spotted is probably another exit. Let's take it, I am done with this place"

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Fighter/2 Inquisitor/4(Preacher) Hellknight/2 | HP: 60/64 | DR 3/- | TEMPS: 12 AC:25(14 Tch,23 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +10 , R: +5 , W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Judgement 2/2 | Correction 2/2 | Determination 2/2 | Spells: 1st:4/4 / 2nd: 2/2 [ooc]Active conditions: Barkskin See Invis: 40min / Judgement: Healing, Align Weapon: Good .

Nodding in recognition of the ferocity of his travelling companions once again, Lysaer steps aside of the slashing and drooling foes ass they crash to the ground. Spending little time searching the place, the Hellknight allows himself a sly grin beneath his helm as they find their prize here.

"There is a hidden passage, let us hope it is a shortcut out and we can get the drop on the Aspis." he says assuredly.


Following the hidden passage, you descend into a large room, built entirely of silverflecked black basalt. On each of the five walls is carved an immense, golden rune. A dais stands in the middle of the room, and reclining at its ease on the dais is a tawny sphinx. Her eyes miss nothing and glint with hidden mysteries. A simple prayer rug lies in front of the dais.

GM Secrets:
Deaglan: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 = 32
Lysaer: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23
Rogar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Sparky: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Zinkyudo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Zinkyudo and Rogar feel very amicable towards her, and she gestures towards the prayer rug before her.

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

"Hi. Who might you be?"

Sparky looks around the room. Perception: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 2 = 23


The sphinx gestures the rug once more, and Sparky spots a fine silver chain running from a shackle around one of her rear paws to a bolt affixed to the floor.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Priorities

Appraise on silver chain: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24

kn Dungoneering? on Sphinx: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14

"What do I look like? A Paladin? Not everything needs to be freed. Slave trading is very profitable in some locations."
"That being said, I think we pretty much slaughtered your master. And Pathfinder reputation could use the boost. How about we free you and you tell us a bit about this place and recent events of note."

Sparky will pull out some MW thieves tools and assuming the Sphinx agrees to the terms will begin freeing it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 22 + 2 = 37

He will of course hang on to the chain for now.


Upon closer inspection, Sparky sees that the thin chain does little to nothing to keep the sphinx here, and she gestures towards the rug for a third time.

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

Deaglan quickly scans the room for magic and if there is nothing steps on the rug and looks the sphinx in the eye "Ok, I stand here, now what?"

detect magic

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

"Do you even speak Common?" in Ancient Osiriani "How about this?" in Ancient Azlanti "Or this?"


@Deaglan: The golden rune on the wall behind the sphinx radiates magic.

The sphinx exhales sharply through her nose and settles down on the dias, ignoring your presence.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"I bet the nice cat just wants you to sit down next to us, Sparky. Don't worry... it's surprisingly confy!" comments Rogar

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Fighter/2 Inquisitor/4(Preacher) Hellknight/2 | HP: 60/64 | DR 3/- | TEMPS: 12 AC:25(14 Tch,23 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +10 , R: +5 , W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Judgement 2/2 | Correction 2/2 | Determination 2/2 | Spells: 1st:4/4 / 2nd: 2/2 [ooc]Active conditions: Barkskin See Invis: 40min / Judgement: Healing, Align Weapon: Good .

Striding forwards, his eyes narrowed beneath his fearsome visor, Lysaer looks at the rune behind the sphinx with curiousity, trying to discern its purpose in this strange place. It was clear the Sphinx was only reacting to certain members of their band, which was strange and off putting.

"I doubt this is simply another test from the Ghul," Lysaer says as he ponders the conundrum. "But why ignore some of us?"

arcana for the symbol?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Thanks for botting me, Sparky - and getting some decent rolls too!

Zinkyudo moves forward with Rogar, kneeling on the prayer rug. He's not sure if he should offer his standard prayers to Abadar or something else to please the sphinx. And he would like very much to please her.


Lysaer can't identify the nature of the rune.

The sphinx nods gravely to Rogar and Zinkyudo, and then recites a riddle.

“What magnificent creature moves about in the morning on four legs, at midday uses two, and at evening stands on none. The more legs has she, the hungrier she be.”

She then settles back on the dais, licking her fur and watching with inscrutable eyes.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"A riddle... I hate riddles, they are nonsensical and often play on words and... But wait! Where did I heard something similar to this recently?"

For once Rogar concentrates on something different than drinking, courting maids and smashing heads. After a moment he gives the sphinx a large, knowing smile:"Half past the new moon and twice the tides break, the sphinx feeds at the noon, and reclines in its wake" the Taldan says, quoting the creature who killed Agosa and foolishly warned them to keep this tidbit of information in mind.
"Seems like the answer to your riddle is pretty simple... a sphinx!"

And here I was, wondering if we had failed to check for hidden pasages in one of the previous rooms because that information made no sense when it was given to us... XD


The sphinx gives Rogar an appreciative nod and opens a secret compartment in the dias before finally speaking.

"I presume that Verdizaam Charad has been destroyed, as you have entered this inner most sanctum. I shall then consider myself beholden to you, who have beaten me in a battle of wits and defeated my previous captor."

Secret Compartment:
1,820 gp worth of precious desert amethysts and a book written in Ancient Osiriani penned by Verdizaam Charad, the Immolated Mirzah himself. It details his existence, first as a bound genie in service to the Jitskan Empire, and later as an unholy abomination turned against his former masters by the Pharaoh of Forgotten Plagues' necromantic advisors, the Usij.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo gives Rogar a clap on the shoulder, pleased that the Taldan has managed to impress the noble sphinx with the answer to the riddle. "Well done, well done! It seems we've found the puzzle map, so have completed some of our mission - though we'll not be returning with Agosa."

Turning to the sphinx, Zink asks, "Have there been others here? We came seeking some associates of ours, and found one of them dead. Is it possible any of the others survived?"

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

"As for being beholden to us, anyone worth their salt would have freed you. You are your own sphinx, not anyone's servant. Try to be the best you can be and give others an example. If you make an imprint on Golarion and, once your time comes, leave it a better place through your actions you have done well. That is all that I ask from you"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

"Ah so we are not reselling it then? Alright. I mean some people like riddles and would pay a fair amount of coin... Stop looking at me like that, It was just a thought."


@You have in fact found a total of three (partial) corpses; the scarab infested one at the very beginning, the mutilated one in the room with the dread ghouls and Agosa's macabre skull-goblet.

The sphinx gives Zinkyudo a disinterested look.

"You are the first creatures to set foot in this chamber, besides Verdizaam and myself, since I was bound to the ghul's service."

Upon being freed from service, she gives Deaglan a gracious bow.

"I shall not forget this favor, and trust me, my memory is superb."

With the Immolated Mirzah’s tome ind hand, you can easily use the information contained within to unlock the stone blocking your exit. By placing the map in a specific configuration and inserting it in the indentation in the stone, you release its magical lock and it slides silently away. The Pathfinder Society dispatches a new contingent of archaeologists to plumb the tomb for greater mysteries and treasures.

With Verdizaam Charad defeated and the source of the Night Plague eradicated, the remnants of the affliction soon pass, freeing Manaket from a growing threat. The deaths were not nearly as bad as they could have been had the plague spread further thanks to your efforts. You now possess a rare map that allegedly leads to a lost Jistkan citadel. Surely the Pathfinders will be interested in such an illustrious find.

As a token of her gratitude, the sphinx contributes considerable knowledge to the society in the your names.

And that wraps up part 2! Your chronicle sheets can be found here.


Venture-Captain Obo holds a lit brass lamp over the table in his private study and peers closely at the odd clay and metal configuration that lies on the table-top: the Jistkan puzzlemap. Obo traces a finger across the ornate script that covers the map’s surface.

“Astounding,“ he says, a touch of wonder in his voice. “This artifact is thousands of years old. An impressive find to say the least. Our loremasters and linguistic experts had a difficult time uncovering its meaning, but their effort and perseverance paid off. The puzzle-map tells of a forbidden stronghold long hidden in the desert sands: the Citadel of the Weary Sky. A place accursed—or blessed, they are not quite certain—by Ahriman, the Lord of the Divs himself.
The citadel is called ‘an oasis of spite to pierce the barren heart’ where ‘stormfronts apprehend profoundest depths of fury.’ The map tells of a door that grants passage to this wondrous city: the Bleak Portal. It gives the location of this portal and the key whereby entry is granted.”

Before continuing, Obo glances around and pulls the curtain closed, blotting out the sounds of the city streets below.

“That’s not all, though, friends. There is darker news indeed. This seven-thousand-year-old buried citadel of the Jistka Imperium is exactly the secret that the Pathfinders stationed in Wadi al-Hesr gave their lives to discover. I don’t have to tell you about the dangers involved,” he says with a meaningful look.

“Texts on the Citadel of the Weary Sky speak of a powerful ring Jistkan mages used to bend elementals to their wills. I fear such a device falling into the wrong hands could mean the Society’s undoing. I’ve had word from Absalom this morning that a courier bearing a message from me was found knifed in an alley there. It seems that the Shadow Lodge is after this very citadel and the supposed secrets of omnipotent elemental power that it holds. We know they knew it’s what we were after because they tried to sabotage our mission to save the Wadi al-Hesr project, and we know they know we’ve found the citadel’s location with their interception of my message. So watch your backs at all times. We still don’t know who all is involved with the Shadow Lodge, but I believe we can trust you; the traitor in our midst did try to get you killed at Qassabah Heb Amar, after all. So good luck, Pathfinders. May the gods find their way to look down upon you in this gods-forsaken land and grant you good fortune.”

DC 25 Knowledge (history):
Originally called the Jaizun Citadel, the Citadel of the Weary Sky was once one of many grand Jistkan fortresses where elementalists and conjurers summoned a multitude of genies and elementals to bolster their armies. The great magic expended in drawing these creatures from the elemental planes interacted strangely with an unknown natural phenomenon, breaking reality around the citadel. The sky above the Jaizun Citadel constantly roiled with unfettered elemental energy and conjuration magic stopped working consistently. Unsure of the phenomenon’s cause or purpose, the Jistkan elementalists abandoned the newly renamed Citadel of the Weary Sky to another much like it, leaving only a small contingent behind to study the planar rift in the sky.
Unfortunately for the Jistkan mages, the raw destructive energy filling their citadel attracted the attentions of a foul enemy—Ahriman, Lord of the Divs. As the Osirian armies under the influence of sinister Usij cultists turned to the power of evil divs to battle Jistka’s genie troops, Ahriman himself directed his destructive rage at the Citadel of the Weary Sky, making an example of the most visible of his enemy’s extraplanar recruiting stations. With but a small nudge from his near-indescribable might, the rent in reality above the citadel became a tear,
and from there a gash. Elemental chaos broke loose, and the formerly weary sky over the citadel became a raging torrent of acidic banks of fog, crackling electrical storms, hurricane blasts of furnace winds, and sudden downpours of black rain and pomegranate-sized hail.
The citadel was pummeled and beaten beneath the onslaught, and the very land around it withered in protest against Ahriman’s fury. The remaining wizards and conjurers turned all of their magical might to defend against this unworldly destruction, but after a week of black fogs and strange flashes of magical lightning, the sky cleared and the citadel was gone. Only a crater of battered and broken earth remained where the fortress once stood.

451 to 500 of 633 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Heresy of Man, gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.