Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Skipper's The Heresy of Man series

Game Master SkipperD

Combat Map


1 to 50 of 514 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

A single, dim lantern sheds uncertain light in the cabin of Venture-Captain Retief van Schuyver. The deck of his ship, the Maelstrom, sways and rocks with the gentle swells in the predawn darkness off the coast of Rahadoum. The captain scratches his patchy beard as he speaks.

“I’m not sure how much you know about the nation of Rahadoum. Its position on the mouth of the Inner Sea keeps it prosperous enough, I think, but the strangest thing about the nation has nothing to do with trade. You may already know this, but they’re not too keen on the gods. Any of ’em. Not Desna, nor Abadar, nor Gozreh, much less the bleaker crew like Asmodeus or Lamashtu. Them Rahadoumi want nothing to do with them—had a war over ’em, in fact. Even Sarenrae can’t get her foot in the door!”

The captain leans back, turns, and spits tobacco juice into a brass spittoon.

“Despite all that, Rahadoum is a peaceful nation, eh. Education is highly valued, and civic duty held in high esteem. At least it hasn’t had to deal with any religious wars in a long time. But turnin’ your back on the gods has its downside. Famine always looms on their horizon. The desert claims more and more of their farmland every year, it seems. And, worst of all, plagues wreak stark havoc among ’em. Thousands die every year from one ailment or another for want of a decent cleric. They have no power, no divine will, to stem the tide of disease, and they struggle and they starve and they die so dreamlessly, knowin’ that when they enter the Boneyard, there’ll be no deity to meet ’em there with open arms, no paradise waiting on the other side.
Just lately, things have been much worse. A new plague sprang up several weeks ago in the outlying villages around Manaket—Rahadoum’s center of learning. They call it the Night Plague, and it’s a killer. Very few infected have recovered from it but the handful who made it across the borders or out through the ports have been easily cured by clerical magic. This Night Plague’s a killer, but it doesn’t have to be.
That brings me to why we’re bobbing here off Rahadoum’s coast in the dead of night. Despite Rahadoum’s current social agenda, it’s an ancient, storied land. There’re a lot of secrets buried in those forgotten sands. As a result, let’s just say that the Pathfinders have ‘assets in place’ in the area not ‘officially’ associated with the Swordmeet Lodge in Manaket and leave it at that. But with plague striking the area, and those assets having no clerical support, they are now in jeopardy. We’ve got to protect our people and their research, and to do that we’ve got to get a handle on this plague before it becomes epidemic, or at least shield our folks before they’re exposed to it.”
He looks up, his eyes dark and fierce. “So we’re going to give Rahadoum a little help… whether they like it or not.”

He gestures behind him to a shadowed figure sitting on a sea-chest.

“This is Agosa Agion, a holy hand of Sarenrae and Pathfinder field operative.”

A human male rises from his seat and bows low. He wears a desert dweller’s robes on his slender frame and a green turban around his angular head. His forked beard is golden-colored and dyed with henna at its tips.

Captain van Schuyver clears his throat and continues.

“Agosa normally serves as a healer in the Sothis Lodge and his expertise should serve him well as a plague doctor. I don’t intend for you folk to play nursemaid to a bunch of plague victims, that’s what we’ve got Agosa here for, but getting him into the country and to the action is where you come in.
Your job is to sneak him into Rahadoum and get him to the village of Wadi al-Hesr, avoiding the nation’s priest-hunting military forces—they’re called the Pure Legion—and taking care of any ‘entanglements’ that you may run into along the way. For all the gods’ sakes, don’t let them know you’re even in the country! Right now, we’re anchored just off Rahadoum’s northern coast near the Qassabah Heb Amar. As far as the Rahadoumi government knows, it is the home of Bey Sarkris El Makkra, jefe of several of the local villages. The truth is, the good bey uses his stronghold as a secret smugglers’ port. Tonight, you are the smugglers, and Agosa here is your contraband. Get him into the tunnels where you’ll meet one of the bey’s servants; he’ll direct you from there.
Don’t mess this thing up. Once you get Agosa to Wadi al-Hesr—only a few miles from the bey’s fortress—he’ll know where to go. Questions? If not, then get to the tunnels before the tides change. Someone from the bey’s staff is surely already waiting.”

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo listens intently as the venture-captain explains their mission, his large amber eyes growing even wider in mild alarm. Back into the tunnels? Abadar send they are less chaotic than the sewers of Cassomir! Zink is a somewhat peculiar figure. A slender young man of average height, he has a smallish set of wings sprouting from his back, covered in feathers of a dusty brown, and a beautifully crafted bow hangs over one shoulder. He holds his head completely still, then moves it quickly, like a bird of prey scanning for a meal. This predatory aspect is reinforced by his hooked nose, like the beak of a desert hawk. The avian hunter look, however, is undone the moment he speaks.

"Why would these fools forsake the gods?" he says, in a voice that's as much squawk as speech. "I had served the Society for some years before I found Abadar, and swore to spread his civilizing influence in this mad world, and I know what it is to live without a true faith. And now they see what it wins them, a plague and no ability to cure it!"

He turns to Agosa, his tone calmer, and says, "Forgive me, I am Zinkyudo, a humble clerk in the service of the Judge of the Gods. It is not in my nature to hide my faith, but if I can spread the benefits of law and civilization, and foster healing in these benighted people, without mentioning who I serve, the scales will balance in the end."


Agosa gives Zinkyudo a solemn nod of recognition.

"Indeed they will. It is not the fault of the common folk of these lands, that lords long dead have rejected the divine, so if we must spread our blessings in secret, then in secret it will be."

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"Well met Zinkyudo, I'm Rogar of House Valertis, just a simple soldier doing menial work for our great and illuminated Society" says a tall human man wearing a suit of full plate armor and carrying a huge adamantine sword on his shoulders. The tone of Rogar's voice tinges with playful sarasm as he mentions the Pathfinder's Society.

"As for Rahadoum I don't know what to say. I admit I'm not the most devout person walking on the face of Golarion but I certainly love me some good Cayden's preaching at one time or another. These Rahadoumi are probably really dour and sourly if they forsake Cayden's gifts entirely... that aside, I've got a question about the plague Captain. You are sending on the shore to help stopping an epidemy, and that's certainly commendable but have you considered we could end up infected ourselves? Have you tought of something to protect us from this malady?"


The Venture-Captain cracks Rogar a crooked smile and gives Agosa a hearty pat on the back.

"If all goes according to plan, you'll be nowhere near any of the infected locals. That's Agosa's job! You just need to get him safely to Wadi al-Hesr, and then he'll get get to work while you laze about the Swordmeet Lodge in nearby Manaket."

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"I see..." says Rogar casting a dubious look at the venture captain.

"Yeah... that "IF" is what worries me... Things NEVER go according to plan during these missions!"

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Fighter/2 Inquisitor/4(Preacher) Hellknight/2 | HP: 62/64 | DR 3/- | TEMPS: 6 AC:25[28](14 Tch,23[26] Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +10 , R: +5 , W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Judgement 2/2 | Correction 2/2 | Determination 2/2 | Spells: 1st:4/4 / 2nd: 2/2 [ooc]Active conditions: Barkskin See Invis: 40min / Judgement: Healing, Align Weapon: Good .

Listening to the brief in silence, Lysaer nods as the Captain finishes his tale and introduces their charge, a slight sneer appearing on his lips at the mention of Sarenrae. Lysaer is a tall, powerfully built man dressed in long mail over a dark gray tunic, with a Tabard belted over it showing an Iron Star in motion. His hands and feet are encased in Gauntlets and sabatons respectively and there is a Large blade sheahted across his back with another on his hip.

"Sir Lysaer of House Nymmis, Hellknight of the Godclaw." he introduces without preamble. "The Rahadoumi have banned religion due to Holy wars that wracked their lands. The corrupt faithful always cause trouble."

The last is said as an obvious slur to their Smuggled contraband. Stroking his chin he nods.

"How well do we trust this Smuggler?" he asks after a moment. "Speaking of smuggling, I may require one of the Society's Pouches, to allow me to store my own symbols without notice."

He indicates the five Symbols around his neck, each of a different god.

Buy a Pathfinder Pouch for 1000gp

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Zinkyudo catches Rogar's eye and lifts one arched eyebrow, in full agreement with the Taldan's skepticism about the mission going according to plan.

As Lysaer introduces himself, Zink smiles before replying, "Ah, but faith in a god that strives for order, for a safe society and a stable market, this would not bring about such chaos and strife. They clearly chose the wrong gods, and paid a fair price. They have overreacted with this ban on all religion - with the guidance of Abadar, their markets - and their society - would have self-corrected and achieved equilibrium."


Van Schuyver gives Lysaer a quizzical look.

"Smuggler...? Oh, you mean the bey! He has a vested interest in this, and other operations, running smoothly. The bigwigs in Manaket would revoke his titles if his estate's true nature came to light, and the unscrupulous smugglers he offers his services would not take kindly to any 'dishonest' actions from him. So, he keeps things discreet and efficient, just the way I like it."

Dark Archive

Human (Chelaxian) Bard (Archaeologist) 8 | HP 54/54 | AC:21 T:16 FF:21 CMD: 22 | F+7 R+16 W+9 | Init +6 | Perc +16 Trap spotter

A young, dashing Chelaxian walks into the briefing room, a bright smile on his well-tended, cleanly-shaven face. His clothes are rather simple, those of an explorer save a finely-wrought mithral chain shirt whose color match his eyes. Straight dark hair come down on his shoulders, with a whiff of lavender and icebloom.

"Going to Rahadoum? You've picked the perfect man for the job. I'm Auric Voralius, archaeologist of the Society and saviour to many a long-lost relic. I've worked with smugglers in the past, especially to bypass this silly ban on Qadiran Sarenite relics in Taldor, and they usually seem as reliable as they can be as long as their greasy palm's expectations are met." the young man chimes in.

"Now of course this pouch will come in handy, not only for the holy symbols, but also for our wayfinders. I expect that the Society's deniability of our presence their should we get caught is paramount, and that's an easy enought gesture to do."

His attention turns to the Sarenite priest. "I expect you won't prozelite there, even among those you'll be curing from their ailment, then? Furthermore, could you tell us more about yourself?"

Any knowledge rolls we could take?

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

"The country is ruled by fools and reaps the rewards of their overreaction. But the gods do no hold a monopoly on the healing arts. If this plan fails I'm sure The Exchange can send some Alchemists to heal these diseases. For a price."

Sparky is an unattractive human wearing well made and dull colored clothes over a mithral chain shirt. He also carries a fancy bow. And if you haven't guessed yet he is a jerk.
But no worries, He fully supports his allies. Pathfinder deaths are the loss of important assets. And more importantly 1 less protector for him.

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

Deaglan has introduced himself earlier on the boat trip as a priest of Trudd, gatekeeper for Torag. You have probably noted the adamantine dwarven longhammer that he carries everywhere he goes.

During the briefing he fidgets with his holy symbol.
"Agosa, if you need any assistance I will be glad to lend a hand, after we have gotten you to where you are needed"


Agosa raises an eyebrow at Auric.

"I'm well aware of the mitigating circumstances of any divinely guided operation in Rahadoum, so I'll be a poster child for subtlety. There's no use in me rotting away in a Pure Legion dungeon, after all."

He straightens out a crease in his robe before continuing.

"I am the the in-house healer at the Sandswept Hall, Osirion's primary Pathfinder Lodge. I've honed my skills by treating the myriad horrible diseases and curses accrued by Pathfinders in the tombs and ruins of ancient Osirion. As a Holy Hand of Sarenrae, I have sworn a solemn oath of non-violence, so I'm counting on you to get me safely to the beleaguered village."

In response to Deaglan's offer of assistance, he nods graciously.

"An offer of aid to those in need must never be swept aside, but we'll see, once we're safely ashore, if the situation is beyond my ample capabilities alone. Otherwise, your skills might be more needed elsewhere."

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

Deaglan nods "Indeed, we will need to say what we encounter there first"

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"Well, if everything is settled I'd say we could get moving. This plague won't stop by itself after all" comments Rogar sounding impatient to get started with the mission.

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

"How are we to get into the tunnels? Will you provide some sailors to get us there"

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"I can't help but wonder if venturing into a land full of the willfully godless will be better or worse than my journeys with pirates, " Zinkyudo remarks, "but I have to concur with Rogar. We might as well get on with it, if we're going to get done with it."


"Discretion is key in this operation, so you'll have to pilot the lighter (a type of flat-bottomed barge) I have secured yourselves. Less people in the know, and all that..."

Profession (sailor) is useful but not strictly necessary when sailing the lighter.
Any other questions or preparations?

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Fighter/2 Inquisitor/4(Preacher) Hellknight/2 | HP: 62/64 | DR 3/- | TEMPS: 6 AC:25[28](14 Tch,23[26] Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +10 , R: +5 , W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Judgement 2/2 | Correction 2/2 | Determination 2/2 | Spells: 1st:4/4 / 2nd: 2/2 [ooc]Active conditions: Barkskin See Invis: 40min / Judgement: Healing, Align Weapon: Good .

Lysaer nods, secretly dreading his time aboard as those times in the gloomspires had both ended fairly poorly for the Hellknight. The silver lining that my Armour has not yet been fashioned I suppose. he thinks to himself. Thinkig of nothing more to add above the purchase of the Pathfinder pouch, Lysaer stores his Wayfinder, wand and symbols within when they are ready to depart, whispering a command word to activate ita nullifying effect.

"I am ready to depart, let us be under way."

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

"Let me get out of my plate mail first, I will put it back on when we have safely landed"

Deaglan stowes his armor in a big burlap sack.


Does anyone else want to weigh in? Otherwise I'll get things moving later today.


You pile into the lighter together with Agosa and start heading for the shore. The stronghold looms high upon a sheer cliff above the benighted ocean, the crash of waves against the stone edifice carrying across the water. Now only jagged rocks, hidden shoals, and towering cliffs lie between the lighter and the smuggler’s caves beyond.

Alright, there are 5 "jobs" on the lighter: 4 rowers and someone to man the rudder. Who does what? Agosa is of no help here.

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

I'm assuming that manning a rudder is a profession sailor/wisdom check so I'll pick the job I'm least bad at and row.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Doesn't look like any of us have Profession (sailor) trained, any useful way we can guess what sort of check it would be? If it's a Wisdom check, Zink is probably the best choice - he really should have learned something useful when he was sailing with the pirates.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelaxian) Bard (Archaeologist) 8 | HP 54/54 | AC:21 T:16 FF:21 CMD: 22 | F+7 R+16 W+9 | Init +6 | Perc +16 Trap spotter

Auric volunteers to row, letting out a small sigh. "I guess it can't be helped."

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"Pass one of those oars here please. I'd like to flex some muscles... It will help in case we have to do more than talking later" says Rogar clearly wanting to avoid having to navigate the boat.

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

"I will also take an oar"


Profession (sailor) gives you a chance to earn a bonus on the other checks you'll be making. The checks themselves will vary depending on how close to land you are.
So, it'll be Deaglan, Rogar, Auric and Sparky at the oars with Zinkyudo steering.

Assorted nautical rolls:
Deaglan, survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Rogar, perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Auric, perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Zinkyudo, perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Sparky, perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Lysaer, perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

As you sail the lighter closer to land, everyone except Lysaer spots the hidden bulks of several large, submerged boulders in your path.

The rowers need to make a strength check each, but with a +5 circumstance bonus for the warning, to abrupty steer past the rocks.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Strength check: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 5 = 22

"Look out for the rocks!" shouts Rogar while putting all of his might into the oar he's handling.

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Str check: 1d20 + 0 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 0 + 5 = 12

"I'm hitting the water as hard as I can!"

Sparky isn't used to manual labor. Clearly.

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

Str: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 5 = 17

"This is hard work!"

Dark Archive

Human (Chelaxian) Bard (Archaeologist) 8 | HP 54/54 | AC:21 T:16 FF:21 CMD: 22 | F+7 R+16 W+9 | Init +6 | Perc +16 Trap spotter

"Ahoy!"

Str: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


In all fairness, the scenario states that any PC not at the rudder can try, so Lysaer will help as well.

Str: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 5 = 25

With a series of mighty heaves, you avoid the protruding rocks and continue onward towards the coast.

Some more nautical rolls:
Deaglan, survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Rogar, perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Auric, perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Zinkyudo, perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Sparky, perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Lysaer, perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Further ahead Auric, Sparky and Lysaer spot a submerged shoal blocking your route.

Zinkyudo needs to make a Strength check to yank the rudder and avoid the shoal. No bonus this time.

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

"Let Trudd aid you!"

Seeing Zinkyudo struggle with the rudder Deaglan quickly touches the aasimar.

Strength surge, providing a +1 on a strength check. GM's call if he allows it

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

When the sharp-eyed rowers point out the shoal ahead, Zinkyudo hauls on the tiller for all he's worth to try to avoid it.

Str check : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 +1 more if Strength Surge is allowed.


Even with Trudd's blessing, Zinkyudo can't avoid the shoal, and the lighter runs aground.

Now for even more strength checks! You can jump down onto the shoal and attempt to push the lighter free in unison, but the strong currents do pose a threat.

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Can I use kn Engineering to help determine the best way to safely get the boat ashore?

Silver Crusade

hp 75/75 | Ac 27 (FF26, T13) | Init +1 | F+11 R+5 W+11 (+2 vs poisons / spells / spell-like effects) | P+3 SM+8 | Channel 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Luck Plate 1/1

STR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Deaglan jumps straight into the water and tries to find purchase on the boat

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"Ay! Oops! Oh no! Sorry, everyone!" Zink leaps out to join Deaglan on the shoal and tries to help get the boat free.

Str check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


@Sparky: Eh, sure. You can aid with Knowledge (engineering) from the safety of the boat.

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Then I will use my one per adventure ability of using Profession Merchant in place of Kn Engineering :)

Not liking the situation Sparky uses a standard action to drink a Heroism extract then offers sage advice.

"The Exchange has had ... business with smugglers before and this comes up sometimes. They say that it helps if you Helpful advice: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 2 = 24."

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Strength check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Rogar moves after Deaglan and tries to help dislodging the boat.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelaxian) Bard (Archaeologist) 8 | HP 54/54 | AC:21 T:16 FF:21 CMD: 22 | F+7 R+16 W+9 | Init +6 | Perc +16 Trap spotter

Str: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Auric attempts to help, but he is no strong man.


Lysaer jumps down and helps pushing as well.

Str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Under Sparky's wise oversight, you push the lighter free, only to feel the increasing pull of the currents.

The beckoning of the waves:
Zinkyudo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Lysaer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Auric: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Rogar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Deaglan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

You all resist the rushing water and clamber back onto the lighter. With barely enough time to catch your breath, you sail ever close to the coast.

Even more nautical rolls:
Deaglan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Rogar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Auric: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Zinkyudo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Sparky: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Lysaer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

As the cave you are heading for draws into view, Sparky just barely spots the telltale signs of a forming whirlpool in time to shout a warning to Zinkyudo.

It's a Reflex save to steer this time.

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"By the scales!" Zinkyudo cries out, hoping for Abadar's guidance as he shifts the tiller to clear the whirlpool as it forms!

Reflex : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Zinkyudo skillfully avoids the whirlpool and steers the lighter into the safety of the cave.

GM Secrets:
Deaglan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Rogar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Auric: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Zinkyudo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Sparky: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Lysaer: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Docking the lighter at the far end of the cave, you see that the servant you were told would be awaiting you is nowhere to be found, but the stairs up into the keep lie, very obviously, ahead.

The map has been added to the top of the page.

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

"No sign of our contact. Were they ever here?"

Sparky will pull out his bow then look around for tracks. Survival: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 = 31

Scarab Sages

M Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Zen Archer 4 / Cleric 4 | HP 53 | AC 28 | T 22 | FF 25 22 | T 22 | FF 19 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +9 | Will +17 | Init +4 | Perc +16

"Well, that went better than I expected, with me at the helm. I am grateful for Abadar's guidance," Zink comments as they make their way ashore. He pulls a wand from his belt pouch and asks Sparky to use it on him, then draws on his own inner energies to make himself more resistant to damage.

He turns to see whether Sparky has found anything of note, slipping his own bow off his shoulder as he waits.

Applying mage armor from wand and barkskin ki power, AC now 25, 1/7 ki used today.

The Exchange

Buffs:
Heroism
Male Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 9 | AC 20(21) | T 14(15) | FF 17 | HP: 75/75 | CMD 20(21) | Fort +12(14) | Ref +13(16) | Will +5(7) | Init +8 | Perception +17(19) | Bombs 5/16

Sparky briefly smiles and convinces the wand that he is a Wizard. No roll needed as he has +20 to UMD at the moment.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 07 HP 74/74 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +10 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +12 - CMD +26 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Rogar advances on the dock while scanning the place for "surprises" of any kind.

Perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"As expected... our contact is nowhere to be seen. This is so typical it actually amuses me...." sighs the Taldan fighter.

1 to 50 of 514 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Heresy of Man, gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.