Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Skipper's Mummy's Mask Part 1: The Half-Dead City

Game Master SkipperD

Slides


601 to 650 of 840 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

The secret door in the false burial chamber reveals a small room filled with a dozen human-shaped bundles wrapped in linen. Each wears a small medallion around its neck.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12, AC 19, T 14; FF 15, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +6, Perc +5

Aye...thank you...stupid snake....why does it have to be snakes...

restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

male Wayang Psychic 2
Spoiler:
| AC 15*, T 13, FF 13* |HP: 12/12 | F 0, R +2, W +2 (+2 vs shadow; +1 vs language-dependent/sonic) | Init +2, Perc +5 |CMB -2 CMD 10|Phrenic 2/3, Formless Body 4/5, Shadow Speaker 3/4

"Interesting...." Xanac takes a closer look at one of the amulets.

detect magic/Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Appraise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


The amulets are mundane, made of wood and all have the Pharasmin spiral carved into them.

Dark Archive

male Wayang Psychic 2
Spoiler:
| AC 15*, T 13, FF 13* |HP: 12/12 | F 0, R +2, W +2 (+2 vs shadow; +1 vs language-dependent/sonic) | Init +2, Perc +5 |CMB -2 CMD 10|Phrenic 2/3, Formless Body 4/5, Shadow Speaker 3/4

"Ckkkchhh...I retract that, not interesting at all."

Grand Lodge

female wayang witch 1 | HP 12/12, -2 Int | AC 13 (17), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs. shadow spells) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Spd 20' | Perc +8 | Init +2

Muna has a closer look around the small hidden room before saying, "Let's try the main doors in here now."

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


The northern set of doors are thoroughly stuck.

The Exchange

Human Cleric 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 18; Tch 11; FF 17 | F +5; R +1; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | MW Heavy Mace (Silver): +3 (1d8+1) | Perc +8

Rathh leans against the stuck doors, but even that is not enough to dislodge them.

str check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


The doors do not yield to Rathh's "mighty" push.

Dark Archive

Male Rogue 1 | HP 10 | AC 18; Touch 15; FF 13 | F +2; R +6; W +0 | CMB+0; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +6 Stealth: +7 Rogue 1

Kaleless tries the doors.

"Here goes..ugh

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12, AC 19, T 14; FF 15, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +6, Perc +5

Patros lends a shoulder to the cause.

str: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Grand Lodge

female wayang witch 1 | HP 12/12, -2 Int | AC 13 (17), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs. shadow spells) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Spd 20' | Perc +8 | Init +2

Muna does her best to add a little force to the stuck door.

strength aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


The combined heaving of Kaleless, Patros and Muna is to no avail.

With the the party's measly combined upper body strength, it's nigh impossible for you to force open the door. There's however nothing of any real interest behind it, so we can declare your exploration of the tomb complete, if you wish.

Grand Lodge

hp 17/17; AC 15 t12 f13; F 4, R 3, W 2/4; bab 1 +2/4 melee +4 range; cmb 2 cmd 15; init +3; arc pool 4/4; wih 50 elf magus/2 (spell dancer)
skills:
acro 6, know arcane 8, know rel 4, know nature 6, perc 3, perf dance 5, spellcraft 8

sorry for my absence... been sick and taking care of sick family member too. Laureglyn would have helped with the door, but to no avail anyway... calling the tomb finished is fine with me.

Laureglyn shrugs... "Seems we're done here... I think we should head out... evaluate what we've found in the light of day."

Dark Archive

Male Rogue 1 | HP 10 | AC 18; Touch 15; FF 13 | F +2; R +6; W +0 | CMB+0; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +6 Stealth: +7 Rogue 1

"Sounds good..let's head to an inn for a cold ale.

Grand Lodge

female wayang witch 1 | HP 12/12, -2 Int | AC 13 (17), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs. shadow spells) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Spd 20' | Perc +8 | Init +2

"Yes, I'm ready to call it a day. Maybe we can find out some more about how our competitors are faring as well."

So do we get assigned a new tomb to start exploring? How does this work?

The Exchange

Human Cleric 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 18; Tch 11; FF 17 | F +5; R +1; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | MW Heavy Mace (Silver): +3 (1d8+1) | Perc +8

"Agreed!" Rathh says happily at the thought of food and ale. "Perhaps we can discuss any debts you have incurred with Asmodeus over dinner," he says wryly.


@Muna: The second site is part of the sanctioned content as well.

With your first site completed, you leave the necropolis and return to the Tooth and Hookah for some well deserved rest. The next round of random assignments will be held next morning, but only the Dog Soldiers are currently between sites as well.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12, AC 19, T 14; FF 15, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +6, Perc +5

Aye....a but of rest would be nice...and a drink or three...

Grand Lodge

hp 17/17; AC 15 t12 f13; F 4, R 3, W 2/4; bab 1 +2/4 melee +4 range; cmb 2 cmd 15; init +3; arc pool 4/4; wih 50 elf magus/2 (spell dancer)
skills:
acro 6, know arcane 8, know rel 4, know nature 6, perc 3, perf dance 5, spellcraft 8

"I agree... and while you discuss debts, or lack thereof, I will buy the first round of drinks!" Laureglyn orders a pitcher of ale for the table.


A night of weary revelry at the Tooth and Hookah ensues.

Do you want to skip straight ahead to your next assignment?

The Exchange

Human Cleric 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 18; Tch 11; FF 17 | F +5; R +1; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | MW Heavy Mace (Silver): +3 (1d8+1) | Perc +8

Rathh eats and drinks too much, but seems to be enjoying the break from exploring.

Aye...onward!

Grand Lodge

hp 17/17; AC 15 t12 f13; F 4, R 3, W 2/4; bab 1 +2/4 melee +4 range; cmb 2 cmd 15; init +3; arc pool 4/4; wih 50 elf magus/2 (spell dancer)
skills:
acro 6, know arcane 8, know rel 4, know nature 6, perc 3, perf dance 5, spellcraft 8

onward is fine!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12, AC 19, T 14; FF 15, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +6, Perc +5

onwards and upwards!

Dark Archive

male Wayang Psychic 2
Spoiler:
| AC 15*, T 13, FF 13* |HP: 12/12 | F 0, R +2, W +2 (+2 vs shadow; +1 vs language-dependent/sonic) | Init +2, Perc +5 |CMB -2 CMD 10|Phrenic 2/3, Formless Body 4/5, Shadow Speaker 3/4

Can we get our Chronicles and their rewards first, if you're implying we've completed one adventure?


@Xanac: We're halfway through the sanctioned content of The Half-Dead City, so no chronicle sheets yet.


The next morning you return to the Grand Mausoleum for this day's lottery. After a few other groups are called up, the Glyph of the Open Road is drawn.

The acolyte at the assignment desk looks over her papers for moment before handing you a folded piece of parchment.

"Ah, Pathfinders. Your next site is a walled, two story mansion with surrounding grounds, which we believe belonged to some minor nobility of the city. The parchment details the site's location in the necropolis. Good luck, and remember the rules!"

Dark Archive

Male Rogue 1 | HP 10 | AC 18; Touch 15; FF 13 | F +2; R +6; W +0 | CMB+0; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +6 Stealth: +7 Rogue 1

"No problem..We'll just keep quiet!

Grand Lodge

female wayang witch 1 | HP 12/12, -2 Int | AC 13 (17), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs. shadow spells) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Spd 20' | Perc +8 | Init +2

Muna studies the mansion as they approach, looking for any indication of who might have lived here.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Sandstone walls ten feet high enclose this estate, affording those who once lived inside some privacy. A two-story stone house is visible beyond the walls, adjoining the rear wall of the property. In the center of the estate's southern wall stands a pair of tarnished bronze gates hanging partially open. A pair of statues flanks the gate. Dusty hieroglyphs are carved into the wall at eye level to the left of the gate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but non of you speak Osiriani or Ancient Osiriani, right?

Linguistics DC 30:
The hieroglyphs read "House of Pentheru" in Ancient Osiriani.

Muna spots small hieroglyphs on the statues' bases.

Linguistics DC 30:
They identify the figures as Pentheru the Elder and Pentheru the Younger.

Dark Archive

male Wayang Psychic 2
Spoiler:
| AC 15*, T 13, FF 13* |HP: 12/12 | F 0, R +2, W +2 (+2 vs shadow; +1 vs language-dependent/sonic) | Init +2, Perc +5 |CMB -2 CMD 10|Phrenic 2/3, Formless Body 4/5, Shadow Speaker 3/4

Xanac tries very hard to puzzle out the heiroglyphs....

Linguistics, Shadow Speaker: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Okey-doke, how many of you can aid that check?

Grand Lodge

hp 17/17; AC 15 t12 f13; F 4, R 3, W 2/4; bab 1 +2/4 melee +4 range; cmb 2 cmd 15; init +3; arc pool 4/4; wih 50 elf magus/2 (spell dancer)
skills:
acro 6, know arcane 8, know rel 4, know nature 6, perc 3, perf dance 5, spellcraft 8

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Laureglyn knows several languages, but none that would help here... He tries to puzzle out what he sees...

aid linguistics, dc 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Dark Archive

Male Rogue 1 | HP 10 | AC 18; Touch 15; FF 13 | F +2; R +6; W +0 | CMB+0; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +6 Stealth: +7 Rogue 1

Kaleless doesn't speak those


Not enough can theoretically aid to reach 30, so I'll move us along.

Peeking through the broken gate, you see dust and sand covering the ground of a small courtyard. To the east and west stand pairs of columns, once brightly painted and now bleached from the sun, which support stone archways leading to other section of the property. Tarnished bronze gates hang open under both arches. To the north, a small flight of steps leads up to a pair of ornate doors in the south wall of the house between another set of columns.

The Exchange

Human Cleric 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 18; Tch 11; FF 17 | F +5; R +1; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | MW Heavy Mace (Silver): +3 (1d8+1) | Perc +8

"Why don't we try the north," Rathh suggests. "If we must climb stairs, let's get it out of the way first."

Dark Archive

Male Rogue 1 | HP 10 | AC 18; Touch 15; FF 13 | F +2; R +6; W +0 | CMB+0; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +6 Stealth: +7 Rogue 1

"Sounds good...

Kaleless looks around towards the north for signs of danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Kaleless neither sees nor hears anything interesting, causing him to suspect that the manor has already been ransacked.

Grand Lodge

female wayang witch 1 | HP 12/12, -2 Int | AC 13 (17), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs. shadow spells) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Spd 20' | Perc +8 | Init +2

Muna has a careful look around the northern door.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Grand Lodge

hp 17/17; AC 15 t12 f13; F 4, R 3, W 2/4; bab 1 +2/4 melee +4 range; cmb 2 cmd 15; init +3; arc pool 4/4; wih 50 elf magus/2 (spell dancer)
skills:
acro 6, know arcane 8, know rel 4, know nature 6, perc 3, perf dance 5, spellcraft 8

Laureglyn doesn't trust the feeling that the place has already been looted, and expects there will be defenses and/or defenders in place... He keeps his blade in hand and ready just in case.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12, AC 19, T 14; FF 15, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +6, Perc +5

Why do I have the feeling that something bad is about to happen? Its is too quiet...I don't like it one bit. Patros says, blade at the ready.


Gm secrets:
Kaleless: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Laureglyn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Patros: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Rathh: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Xanac: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Kaleless: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Laureglyn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Muna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Rathh: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Xanac: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

As you move in to examine the door, everyone except Patros hears the eerie sounds of an angry mob in the distance.

Kaleless, Laureglyn and Rathh have a surprise round's worth of actions.

Grand Lodge

hp 17/17; AC 15 t12 f13; F 4, R 3, W 2/4; bab 1 +2/4 melee +4 range; cmb 2 cmd 15; init +3; arc pool 4/4; wih 50 elf magus/2 (spell dancer)
skills:
acro 6, know arcane 8, know rel 4, know nature 6, perc 3, perf dance 5, spellcraft 8

Laureglyn moves toward the sound of the angry mob and tries to get a sighting of what is happening, while remaining hidden from their view.

stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

The Exchange

Human Cleric 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 18; Tch 11; FF 17 | F +5; R +1; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | MW Heavy Mace (Silver): +3 (1d8+1) | Perc +8

Rathh casts a quick guidance cantrip to prepare himself for anything to come.

"An angry mob? Here?" Rathh wonders.

Dark Archive

Male Rogue 1 | HP 10 | AC 18; Touch 15; FF 13 | F +2; R +6; W +0 | CMB+0; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +6 Stealth: +7 Rogue 1

Kaleless sneaks ahead Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


A woman's voice suddenly calls out in a language none of you understand, though she is obviously desperate. The compound's main gate then shakes and rattles, and a malignant force washes through the courtyard.

Will, Kaleless: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Will, Laureglyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Will, Muna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Will, Patros: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Will, Rathh: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Will, Xanac: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

The fear in the woman's voice resonates deeply with Kaleless and Muna, and they're both frightend.

The Exchange

Human Cleric 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 18; Tch 11; FF 17 | F +5; R +1; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | MW Heavy Mace (Silver): +3 (1d8+1) | Perc +8

"This must be some kind of haunt!" Rathh exclaims. "There is no mob...hold strong!"


The haunt has run its course for now, but Kaleless and Muna are still frightend.

Dark Archive

Male Rogue 1 | HP 10 | AC 18; Touch 15; FF 13 | F +2; R +6; W +0 | CMB+0; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +6 Stealth: +7 Rogue 1

Kaleless appears gittery as he flees. Agh

Grand Lodge

female wayang witch 1 | HP 12/12, -2 Int | AC 13 (17), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs. shadow spells) | CMB -2, CMD 10 | Spd 20' | Perc +8 | Init +2

Muna flees in terror from the horrible voice.

Not sure if you need something from me here?


After a few moments of panicked flight, Kaleless and Muna come to their senses and re-join the party.

601 to 650 of 840 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Skipper's Mummy's Mask Part 1: The Half-Dead City gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.