Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Skipper's Echoes of the Everwar series

Game Master SkipperD

Buff overview
Maps


301 to 350 of 372 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 19*, T 15, FF 16* |HP: 69*/49, Qadathra 42*/24 | F +6, R +9, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +3/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 18

I don't suppose anybody wants to chip in a share for the 25-gp divination offering?

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 86/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

Sure. I'll pay it. We are high tier now. 25gp is chump change. You'll see see some adventures where the casters are blowing hundreds of GP in scrolls of spells they might need before walking into a boss room.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 19*, T 15, FF 16* |HP: 69*/49, Qadathra 42*/24 | F +6, R +9, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +3/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 18

Fine with me.


Though it’s a long journey home, you can easily return to Sothis with Akila’s entire coffin, contents and all. When you arrive, Venture-Captain Balentiir congratulates you for a job well done and immediately sends you out on another similar mission, this time to rural Cheliax.

With the complete lack of a final ambush, we've completed part 1. Your chronicle sheets can be found here. I'll get started on part 2 shortly.


The meeting with Venture-Captain Norden Balentiir was short and to the point, and the ship departed Sothis on the evening tide. The words of Balentiir wash back from memory:

“This is an unprecedented chance for the Pathfinders to learn more about the history of Osirion and some of the figures that played important roles but have been little more than shadowy rumors to us until now. A little-known Osirian merchant prince named Zuberi who lived in the time of Cheliax’s Everwar used the chaos and confusion it caused as cover to grow his mercantile empire. He sent agents far and wide to take advantage of this chance to make additional fortunes. One of these agents was known as Meskhenet the Wise, a woman of uncommon beauty and unsurpassed insights. She went into Cheliax proper in order to set up a secret smuggling operation directly beneath the Crown’s nose. A fortress was built called the Halls of Zuberi from which she could organize shipments from pirates on Cheliax’s west coast and bring them in past customs officials and military patrols alike in order to reach the black markets of Westcrown and Egorian in central Cheliax. How she managed to pull this off is unknown, but it is known that it was successful for many years and filled her coffers with foreign gold.
The Halls of Zuberi rang with the sounds of commerce for nearly 50 years before disaster struck. In a single night, all was lost in a holocaust of unleashed magic and destruction. The fortress caved in on itself and became an impassable ruin known today as the Collapsed Halls. Meskhenet disappeared in the catastrophe, her mercantile networks fell apart, and they too eventually disappeared with nary a trace. This all became a minor and poorly understood footnote in history. Information recently came into our possession describing a powerful magical ring that Meskhenet wore. Somehow, it is rumored, it was this ring that apparently allowed the successes that she experienced in their operations, and all knowledge of it disappeared with Meskhenet.

We believe there is more to this tale than simply the mercantile dreams of a brilliant businesswoman. This is reinforced by the fact that we’ve lost three venture-captains since word of the merchant prince and this ring and others like it came to us. Someone is trying to keep this whole thing hushed up, and they’re willing to kill to do it. The Society is not about to be intimidated or silenced. I need you to travel to Cheliax, head up the Maiestas River to the Collapsed Halls, find the magic ring of Meskhenet that our sources say lies somewhere beneath the ruins, and get back here with it in one piece. Watch your back, because it seems somebody doesn’t want us to find it.”

The Magnimaran tradesman sailing you from Sothis to Cheliax puts you ashore at Macini, and you then make your way along the inland roads until you reach the provincial capital at Belde, stopping long enough to purchase whatever equipment you need. From there, you follow the Maiestas upriver until you arrive at the Collapsed Halls.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 84/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/23 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (180 minutes), Shield (9 minutes), Lucky Number 8

The Black Lord: I hate Cheliax! They don't like me. Don't leave me behind again."

Bauble: Not Chelliax last time! Baby! Pathfinder Pouch?

The Black Lord: But that itches! Speaking of which, you KNOW I hate it when you cast that Keen Edge spell on me. I wish you would stop.

Bauble: *shrug* Stay. Black Lord teleport now. Bauble leave boat, mean people search Bauble, The Black Lord join Bauble. But Bauble cast spell. Spell very VERY good. Black Lord very VERY sharp.

The Black Lord: Some day I'll be the one in charge. Just you wait and see. Then I'll get what I want and you will be the one itching. You promised a nice scabbard and instead you bought that dumb belt. Some day!

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

"Sure thing Venture Captain"

and if we can free some slaves we will certainly do so while we are there

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC26, T11, FF25, +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12 | CMD 23 | Perception +24

Excellent, a chance to return to my homeland, it will be good to walk the land once more. Or rather to fly over it feeling the wind in my hair

Torvald starts to go a bit misty eyed.

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel rolled her eyes. She knew all about the slavery of her kind in Cheliax. She wanted to do right by the Society, but she got the chance to crack the skulls of a few slavers, so much the better,

"We will get right on it, Venture Captain!"

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 86/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

"Sounds good. And maybe there will be devils to slay."


I've cleared out the buff list, so you can add your long term stuff for this scenario.

The Collapsed Halls are aptly named—where once a wilderness fortress stood is now nothing more than a rubble-filled crater overgrown with scrub brush. Not even the scavengers seem interested in picking it over.

Perception DC 10:
Searching through the devastation, you find a somewhat intact descent into a cellar.

Survival DC 23:
While exploring, you discover large wolf tracks that go to and from the cellar.

If you make the Survival check:
Knowledge (nature) DC 10:
The tracks are subtly wrong, somehow.

Knowledge (planes) DC 15:
The tracks were made by barghests, large ones at that.

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Knowledge Nature, incl footprint book: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
Knowledge Planes, incl footprint book & FE bonus: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + 4 = 25

Eolowyn points to large tracks that go into a cellar and retrieves a small book from her pack. She compares the footprints to those of wolves and quickly browses onward to the evil outsider section. She nods and puts the book away.

"Several large barghests have gone before us. It would not surprise me if these are greater barghests."

How old are the tracks, how many barghests are there and which direction did they go last (into the cellar or out of it)

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC26, T11, FF25, +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12 | CMD 23 | Perception +24

Barghests you say, that seems unusual. Nuar, do you know anything about such things?

Torvald examines the cellar entrance, checking to make sure it seems safe and if Ka is likely to be able to fit, cellars not being the natural habitat of the giant Roc.

Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 84/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/23 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (180 minutes), Shield (9 minutes), Lucky Number 8

Bauble casts Heightened Awareness from his wand amd Keen Edge when they enter the ruins.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"Barghast?! Barghast like Worg. Nice wolfie. Maybe Bauble make friends with Barghast?"

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 86/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

"A bit."

kn Planes: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39


@Eolowyn: The tracks lead to and from the cellar entrance. There are several layers of prints, so it's hard to tell how many there are, but the freshest tracks are no more than a few hours old.

Torvald sees no no immediate danger around the stairs, but it'll be a tight squeeze for Ka. 5 ft wide stairway.

@Naur: outsider (evil, extraplanar, lawful, shapechanger), DR/magic, change shape (goblin or wolf), several Spell-Like Abilities (including Crushing Despair, Levitate and Mass Enlarge Person), darkvision and scent.

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 86/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

"Lawful Evil shapechanging wolves with some spell-like abilities. Use magic weapons to kill em."

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

"Bauble, you won't be making friends with the barghest. They are pure evil and don't belong on Golarion. I will do everything I can to send them back to their own plane."

Eolowyn pets Arrano on the beak "You'd better stay here. Underground is not your place."

She then casts barkskin on her self "I am ready"

GM, Underground I have +2 on initiative for +11

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel takes point as the group enters the cellar. She looks around, making sure no traps were waiting to be sprung.

Perception vs. traps 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 86/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

Nuar will activate his wand of Heightened Awareness.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC26, T11, FF25, +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12 | CMD 23 | Perception +24

Torvald takes out a scroll and casts a quick spell on Ka. As he does so Ka shrinks down to the form of a small statue which he quickly pops into a secure pouch.

Looking over at Arrano he offers the scroll to Eolwyn as well, it may come in handy he suggests.

Cast carry companion from a scroll on Ka in which case I shall cast extended magic circle versus evil on myself instead. I shall update the buff list.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 19*, T 15, FF 16* |HP: 69*/49, Qadathra 42*/24 | F +6, R +9, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +3/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 18

Vladek gazes into his own panoply of futures, spotting a select moment, and plucking it like a small, pretty fish out of a stream...

Vladek's lucky number: 1d20 ⇒ 6

...and does the same for Bauble.

Bauble's lucky number: 1d20 ⇒ 8

He raises his customary wards for himself and Qadathra (mage armor and)...

Vladek's greater false life: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (5, 5) + 10 = 20

Qadathra's false life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

...and places a special Elven blessing on Shel, who is surrounded by tiny, firefly-like motes of light.

Shel gets ward of the seasons, 'Summer' version, increasing her base movement by 10 feet!

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 84/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/23 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (180 minutes), Shield (9 minutes), Lucky Number 8

Bauble will probably need that bit of luck, considering his foolish tendancies. Thanks.


Shel sees no danger and leads the party underground.

The steps into this cellar are smeared with the offal of some wild animal and the stench at the bottom is eye-watering. Some kind of beast now lives here and the rancid, half-eaten carcasses of deer, boar, and even some humanoid-looking remains lie scattered about in disarray. Two stout pillars hold up the brick ceiling and the masonry of the walls, though cracked and worn, appears to be stable.

The back wall of the northern alcove has some words chiseled into it.

Map updated.

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

"Thank you Torvald"

Eolowyn graciously accepts the scroll and reads it, after explaining what it does to Arrano.

Seems I have to buy Knights of the Inner Sea when I make my next purchase ;-)

Underground Eolowyn waits for the others to proceed, following behind them. From a distance she tries to read what the words say.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC26, T11, FF25, +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12 | CMD 23 | Perception +24

Torvald carefully approaches the back wall, spear in hand, and alert for potential traps or dangers. This entire cellar smells dangerous, and malodorous.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Thats a great buff, Vladek. Thanks so much to you and to whichever one of you cast GMW in the ooc thread! Shel is rocking!


I've shuffled you all into the room; Bauble's poking a half-eaten carcass, while the rest of you examine the writing.

GM secrets:
Shel: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Torvald: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 = 26
Eolowyn: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 2 + 4 = 40
Bauble: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 = 26
Vladek: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
Naur: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

As you move closer, you can make out that the words form a riddle in Taldane.

“He who seeks Findarra’s heart must first drink of Gozreh’s blood.”

You don't have any time to contemplate it, however, as you all hear the trio of barghests sneaking down the stairs. They all seem to wink in and out of existence.

Initiative:
Shel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Torvald: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Eolowyn: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27
Bauble: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 4 = 31
Vladek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Naur: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Combat Round 1
Bold may act
_______________________________________
Shel, Eolowyn, Bauble, Vladek
Greater barghests (all squeezing)
Naur, Torvald

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 84/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/23 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (180 minutes), Shield (9 minutes), Lucky Number 8

Bauble casts shield on himself (just in case) and moves up to one to try to pet it (no AoO - this is just for RP color).

cast defensively: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 - auto success

Not sure if blue is behind a wall or not. If it is, he reaches his hand out towards red but can't reach it. I wanted to leave a spot open for someone to charge in that is not casting a defensive spell.


The blue barghest is further up the stairs and out of sight.

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

Eolowyn quickly fires three arrows at the nearest barghest

Rapid shot, Deadly aim, Point blank shot, Favorite Enemy and Evil
Attack: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 18 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 = 35
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + (1, 5) = 28
Concealment? high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 83

Attack: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 18 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 = 33
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + (6, 2) = 27
Concealment? high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 54

Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + (5, 2) = 26
Concealment? high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 5

"Begone evil creature!"

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel looks around at her group, and realizes she was the most likely of any of them to take on one of the huge creatures. She moves forward and starts swinging at red. Would someone move me to the bottom of the stairs please?

Attack with GMW vs. flatfooted 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 2 = 37
Damage with GMW vs flatfooted 1d3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 plus
4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) = 11 sneak attack

Possible crit 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 2 = 25
Damage 1d3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC26, T11, FF25, +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12 | CMD 23 | Perception +24

Done

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 86/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

Nuar would discharge his heightened awareness for +4 to Init.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 19*, T 15, FF 16* |HP: 69*/49, Qadathra 42*/24 | F +6, R +9, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +3/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 18

Qadathra follows up Eolowyn's attacks with a blast of swirling binary starlight...

magic missile on most-injured still-standing barghest: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10
miss chance? low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 74

...while Vladek tries something he's never done before: Twisting space-time around one of them in a sort of wicked, ourobouros-like metaphysical loop...!

I place a Retribution Hex on the less-injured barghest, DC 23 Will save to resist!


<50=miss: 1d100 ⇒ 90
Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

The combined harm caused by Shel, Eolowyn and Qadathra takes down the first barghest, and Vladek successfully hexes the next one in line.

@Naur: Gotcha, though you're still after the baddies.

The cursed barghest squeezes down the stairs and casts a spell.

<20=fail: 1d100 ⇒ 99

Spellcraft DC 19:

Will saves:
Bauble: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Eolowyn: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
Naur: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 = 34
Shel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Torvald: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26
Vladek: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
Qadathra: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Eolowyn, Bauble and Vladek take a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

The one further up the stairs disappears and reappears in your midst.

Combat Round 1/2
Bold may act
_______________________________________
Shel, Eolowyn, Bauble, Vladek
Greater barghests (green: hexed, squeezing)
Naur, Torvald

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

GM, my will save vs enchantments cast by evil outsiders is 6+2+2 for +10, my save would then be a 18.

Eolowyn steps to the side and fires three more arrows

Rapid shot, Deadly aim, Point blank shot, Favorite Enemy and Evil
Attack: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 18 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + (1, 2) = 27
Concealment? high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 73

Attack: 1d20 + 18 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 18 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + (6, 4) = 29
Concealment? high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 26

Natural 1

Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 2 - 3 + 1 + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 + (5, 5) = 27
Concealment? high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 57

I assume it has 5ft reach like a winter wolf, if not I provoke an AoO

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC26, T11, FF25, +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12 | CMD 23 | Perception +24

Shrugging off the barghests magic Torvald moves round to the side to flank with Bauble and stabs out with his spear. As he does so thorny vines sprout all over his armour.

Spear, PA, Flank: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 2 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 11 + 66 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 66 = 80
Miss chance, high hits: 1d100 ⇒ 34

Move to flank, I don't know if they have reach but it looks like I have cover from allies and the pillar as I move. If not it gets an AoO if it has reach. Activate bramble armour as a free action, any non reach attack on me that hits causes the attacker to take 1d6+4 piercing damage

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Flanking blue, shel turns and begins slicing and dicing the creature with her two kukri.

Attack with GMW 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 = 25
Damage 1d3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 plus
4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 3) = 13 sneak attack
Concealment 1d100 ⇒ 95

Offhand Attack with GMW 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29
Damage 1d3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5 plus
4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 2) = 8 sneak attack
Concealment 1d100 ⇒ 32

Attack with GMW 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19
Damage 1d3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 plus
4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 1) = 13 sneak attack
Concealment 1d100 ⇒ 37

Offhand Attack with GMW 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Damage 1d3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5 plus
4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 2) = 15 sneak attack
Concealment 1d100 ⇒ 69

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 84/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/23 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (180 minutes), Shield (9 minutes), Lucky Number 8

Reluctantly, not wanting to hurt the nice sad wolfie, It makes him want to cry, but Bauble takes a couple of swipes at it. But what goblin can resist some fire! He uses an arcane pool to enchant The Black Lord to +5/flaming.

+16/1d6+8+9p Black Blade Scimitar, +2 [1d6; crit 15-20/x2; S/P) (+6[BAB] +5[dex/wpn fin] +5[enh] -2[spell] +2[flank]/1d6 +1d6[fire]+5[dex/derv dance] +5[enh] -2[spell] +9[prec strike])

To Hit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 8 + 9 = 24
Crit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Crit Damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Concealment Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 19

Iterative To Hit: 1d20 + 16 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 16 - 5 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 8 + 9 = 24
Concealment Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 31


@Eolowyn: I was bound to miss one bonus...

Eolowyn hits the barghest with a single arrow, but gets bitten in return.

AoO v Eolowyn: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
<20=miss: 1d100 ⇒ 21
Crit?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (7, 2) + 12 = 21

Torvald likewise gets bitten, but he doesn't time his strike as to hit the beast.

AoO v Torvald: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
<20=miss: 1d100 ⇒ 89
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Bramble Armor: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6<- DR applies

Shel only lands a single blow, while Bauble isn't even that lucky.

Combat Round 1/2
Bold may act
Bauble and Vladek take a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.
_______________________________________
Shel, Eolowyn (21 damage), Bauble, Vladek
Greater barghests (green: hexed, squeezing; blue: 48 damage)
Naur, Torvald (11 damage)

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 19*, T 15, FF 16* |HP: 69*/49, Qadathra 42*/24 | F +6, R +9, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +3/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 18

It's just a curse...it's just a curse... Vladek tries to remind himself as he retaliates with a curse of his own...

If blue wasn't the one I wound up putting the Retribution Hex on,
I try putting it on blue now; if it was, I put a Misfortune Hex; DC 23 Will save negates either way.

...and Qadathra blows sparkling gas in its face!

rounds of euphoria breath, Fortitude DC 16: 1d6 ⇒ 5
rounds of recharge: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 86/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

Nuar was distracted by the writings. But realizing all of his allies have attacked the beasts yet they both still stand he'll take drastic measures.

He steps away from the beast and pulls his Selective metamagic rod from his haversack.

He then defensively casts an Intensified Empowered Fireball selecting out allies but hitting both of the barghests. He'll toss in some saltpeter as well.

Boom!: 12d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 1, 2, 2, 5, 2, 5, 5, 2, 6) = 41
+50% =61, +36 +4 +1 =102 fire dmg DC 24 Ref for half

"Nasty creatures. As for this message, Gozreh is of course the nature god. Winds, waves, storms, and so forth. But let me think a moment on who this Findarra is."

kn History: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


<50=fail: 1d100 ⇒ 77
Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

<50=fail: 1d100 ⇒ 51
Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

The nearest barghest feels Vladek's influence but resists Qadathra's euphoric gas.

<50=fail: 1d100 ⇒ 79
Reflex, blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

<50=fail: 1d100 ⇒ 91
Reflex, green: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Naur manages to time his spell so it takes effect while both barghests are on this plane and promptly incinerates them.

-----Combat Over-----

Searching the room:

Perception DC 17:
A wand of protection from arrows (20 charges) lies amid the many gnawed bones on the floor. Additionally, 3,360 gold pieces lie scattered across the floor.

Examining the message:
Knowledge (religion) DC 15:
Findarra is an ancient goddess of earth.

Knowledge (religion) DC 20:
Findarra’s heart refers to the depths of the earth, and Gozreh’s blood is an expression often used to refer to the sea.

Perception DC 21:
You notice traces of some white substance staining parts of the walls and floor.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC26, T11, FF25, +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12 | CMD 23 | Perception +24

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (18) + 24 = 42
Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Scanning the room Torvald quickly finds the wand and hands it off to Nuar to identify. Findarra is an ancient earth goddess, why is she referenced here?

Also, there's some white substance here on the floor, I wonder what it is? Anyone?


Knowledge (nature) DC 10:
The white substance is salt.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC26, T11, FF25, +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12 | CMD 23 | Perception +24

Take 10 on nature for 16

Oh, it's salt, who knew. Why would there be salt here?

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 86/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

Nuar makes all of the checks on a 1.
"Ah of course. Her heart refers to the great depths of the earth while the blood is a reference to Gozreh connection to the sea. The sea being his blood in fact."

Detect magic to identify the wand and white powder.
"The wand is Protection from Arrows. Useful if the arrows are not magical. It lasts for 3 hours so we could all use it just in case."

"Salt is used to empower necromantic spells."

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 84/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/23 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (180 minutes), Shield (9 minutes), Lucky Number 8

Poor wolfies. Nice boom!

"Bauble not understand. Bauble not care about godishes except Raggythrall, god of getting even and fire smacking your enemies and fire and smacking demons and FIRE! Raggythrall glad we smack bad wolfies with big ball of fire."

He says the last with a lot less certainty that the part about fire though.

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 86/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

I actually wanted to Burst of Radiance them but with one being downstairs Fireball was my only way to hit both.

301 to 350 of 372 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Echoes of the Everwar, gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.