Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Skipper's Echoes of the Everwar series

Game Master SkipperD

Buff overview
Maps


101 to 150 of 174 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel waits for a report back from the flying scouts before engaging in any other buildings, not wanting to split the group further.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

Bauble locates a body and tosses into one of the pits. He wants to see if anything pops out and eats it. He's not very strong, so it takes him a while and he can be easily interrupted.


Apart from the ubiquitous signs of battle, Torvald sees nothing of note.

Bauble hauls a rotten corpse into one of the craters, but it just squelches down the muddy slope and comes to a halt at the bottom.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +6/8 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC29, T14, FF28 +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12, +2 vs Enchantments | CMD 26 +2 vs evil | Perception +24
Buffs:
Ext Barkskin, Magic Circle (from Ka), Ext Magic Vestment (Armour), Defending Bone (45/45), Greater Magic Weapon (Longspear)

Seeing nothing Torvald will circle around the central keep to see if there is anything of note there.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (14) + 24 = 38

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 21 T 15 FF 16 | Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

Mission:
1) Uncover the whereabouts of a Pathfinder delver named Heralt who was last seen working out of a hidden Chelish fort called Skull Hill,

2) Investigate claims in a long-ago published volume of the Pathfinder Chronicles that a lost tomb rests beneath the fort’s timber tower—a tomb that holds the body of Akila, a legendary Osirian sorceress and her magic ring that was said to have brought death to Skull Hill the day Akila was laid to rest

Eolowyn checks to see if the timber tower is still standing.

She lands and calls the other pathfinders to herself "Ok, we did not find this Heralt yet. We can investigate all the buildings or see if we can find this lost tomb."

If the tower is still standing I suggest we enter it, if not we will investigate the craters


Aerial view:
A large, three-story timber tower rises from the center of the motte and ends at a pointed roof above, ringed by wooden crenelations. A gaping hole in the motte appears to have collapsed the outside wall of the southeast corner of the tower exposing several rooms across all three floors. The steep front stairs that lead up to the timber tower’s door are covered in blood stains and the front door of the tower has been smashed in from the outside. A thin tendril of smokes wisps its way skyward from the tower’s chimney.

Slide 2 has a close-up of the motte itself.

Looking up from the bailey:
A sturdy wooden platform runs up from the base of the bailey’s road at a 45 degree angle to the motte gate above. The platform is crossed with thick boards at even intervals to provide a kind of step for climbing up. The motte gate is blasted open, both of its doors lying on the motte’s hillside nearby. The motte’s drawbridge is down.

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel leads the group up the stairs, at least the nonfliers, looking for traps along the way.

Perception v. Traps 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38


Even though the gate hasn't been deliberately trapped, the sorry state the battle left it in dose pose a threat all on its own.

It's rule-wise a trap, so you can still use Disable Device to secure it.

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 21 T 15 FF 16 | Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

Eolowyn and Arrano stay at a distance of 80 feet to the tower. She pays attention to the surroundings while her companions struggle upward.

Perception take 10: 10 + 15 = 25

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel will set to undoing the gate's trap, whether planned or not.

Disable device 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (10) + 24 = 34

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +6/8 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC29, T14, FF28 +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12, +2 vs Enchantments | CMD 26 +2 vs evil | Perception +24
Buffs:
Ext Barkskin, Magic Circle (from Ka), Ext Magic Vestment (Armour), Defending Bone (45/45), Greater Magic Weapon (Longspear)

Torvald takes up a position opposite to Eolowyn so they can cover more area but where he can still see her.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

Bauble moves to the foot of the bridge and waits for Shel to finish the job.

I moved my icon, but it looks like everyone else is back at the first building. Its tough to picture things with all the icons misplaced."

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 87/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

Not misplaced. Some people decided to do their own thing.

Nuar will move up next to Bauble.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 18*, T 14, FF 16* |HP: 57*/39, Qadathra 38*/19 | F +5, R +8, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +2/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 17

Vladek follows, but a little slowly.

"What about the rest of the village? One never knows what we may find...."


Shel secures the gatehouse, allowing you safe entry into the motte.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

Bauble shrugs at Vladek's comment.

"Nothing but dead things out there. Nothing fun. Bauble want fun."

His face brightens and he adds

"Burning is fun. Burning village makes village safe. We burn village?!?"

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 18*, T 14, FF 16* |HP: 57*/39, Qadathra 38*/19 | F +5, R +8, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +2/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 17

"I think you have a rather...broad view of what constitutes 'safety' for a village, Bauble. But treasure is fun, don't you agree? Sometimes abandoned villages have treasure, which is more fun when it is not burned."

"Some exceptions may apply."

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel then looks for the easiest way into the building. At seeing two traps already, she is was on edge looking for others.

Perception v traps 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

"Treasure is the MOST fun. Black Lord says so. We look for treasure! Everybody look?"


The easiest entry point into the tower is the main entrance, where the portcullis has been bashed down. There's also the gaping hole in one corner, but that would entail getting over the deep crater, which, upon further inspection, leads down to a dark cave below.

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 21 T 15 FF 16 | Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

"Shall we enter through the main entrance?" Eolowyn shouts to the non-fliers. "That seems to be the easiest for you"

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +6/8 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC29, T14, FF28 +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12, +2 vs Enchantments | CMD 26 +2 vs evil | Perception +24
Buffs:
Ext Barkskin, Magic Circle (from Ka), Ext Magic Vestment (Armour), Defending Bone (45/45), Greater Magic Weapon (Longspear)

Seems like the most sensible idea says Torvald, landing in the inner bailey. He swiftly dismounts, ordering Ka to remain where he is, and approaches the main doorway alert to danger or traps.

Taking 10 on Perception for 34

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel walks ahead with Torvald, helping him look for anything out of the ordinary.

Auto assist on aiding onother for Perception.

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 21 T 15 FF 16 | Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

Arrano lands near Ka. Eolowyn gives him the guard command and follows Torvald, her bow in hand.


This is all that remains of the timber tower’s defensible entryway. Arrow slits line the west and east walls and a portcullis lies ruined on the floor. Part of the east wall has collapsed, spilling rubble into the nearby crater that caused the collapse. The room is littered with rubble and the floors are stained with blood at periodic intervals.
No apparent dangers.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +6/8 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC29, T14, FF28 +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12, +2 vs Enchantments | CMD 26 +2 vs evil | Perception +24
Buffs:
Ext Barkskin, Magic Circle (from Ka), Ext Magic Vestment (Armour), Defending Bone (45/45), Greater Magic Weapon (Longspear)

Assuming the rest of the group are heading up to the tower Torvald will enter, whispering through the message spell it all looks clear.

Before he enters he invokes Erastils blessing on himself, granting him a shield of faith.

Continue to take 10 on perception looking for dangers or traps for 34

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

Bauble moves up to join the investigation, casting a detect magic once he gets there.

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 87/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

Since there seems to be more then enough cautious scanning during the approach Nuar will just follow along.


The ruined entrance poses no threat, and there are two doors leading further in.

The map's been updated btw.

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 21 T 15 FF 16 | Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

"I have this simple procedure for investigating unknown places. Always take the left possibility that you have not taken earlier. It will ensure you see everything. Shall we follow that procedure?"

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +6/8 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC29, T14, FF28 +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12, +2 vs Enchantments | CMD 26 +2 vs evil | Perception +24
Buffs:
Ext Barkskin, Magic Circle (from Ka), Ext Magic Vestment (Armour), Defending Bone (45/45), Greater Magic Weapon (Longspear)

Sounds like a plan, though it looks like there's just one main entrance. Someone might be able to get in through that collapsed wall above if they wanted....but I prefer not to split us up.

Torvald will move up, check out the doors, and open them if all seems clear. Assuming we don't get jumped he will move on in.

Take 10 perception, 34

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

"Not always!" Bauble announces with triumph, bringing his puzzle solving aptitude to bear. "If the maze has a continuous circular path the left hand rule will fail!"

He seems inordinately proud of himself.

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel moves forward next to Torvald, ready to help with any traps or other sundry details that might present itself.


Torvald opens the door into the main hall of the timber tower. It contains a large table made of an enormous tree cut in half lengthwise and laid down on the floor. It’s framed by two long wooden benches along the side and two stylish wooden chairs at each end. A fireplace stands against the north wall and two sets of stairs frame the fireplace and rise up to the second floor. There are a dozen or so corpses here, most of which are seated at the table, and all of which are missing their heads. Atop the fireplace is draped a large flag of Cheliax.

GM secrets:
Bauble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Two of the bodies are not like the others, and none of you are fooled by the skeletal orcs slumped over the table who rise to attack.

Initiative:
Bauble: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 4 = 26
Eolowyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Naur: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Shel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Torvald: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Vladek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Combat Round 1
Bold may act
______________________________________
Naur, Bauble
Skeletons
Eolowyn, Shel, Torvald, Vladek

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 87/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

Nuar hovers over next to the door.

"This makes no sense. So many undead, Yet if a necromancer did all of this why are so many bodies unused?"

"Let them come to us."

kn Religion on the orcs: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25 Want to know defenses, special attacks.

Nuar will ready an action.

If both skeletons get near the door:
Cast Burst of Radiance. light dmg vs evil: 5d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 1, 4) + 9 = 23 DC 22 Ref save or blind for x rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

Bauble responds by casting Shield and leaping on to the table to engage blue.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

"Ha! Nasty orc dead thing. Bauble and Black Lord make you deader!"


@Naur: They're skeletal champions; channel resistance, DR (/bludgeoning), immune to cold. Special attacks are dependent on class levels.

The skeletons move to flank the conveniently exposed Bauble.

Acrobatics, red: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Bauble gets an AoO on red.

Attack, red: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
Damage: 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (3, 2) + 14 = 19

Attack, blue: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

Attack, blue: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

A single claw manages to hit, but it packs a punch.

Combat Round 1/2
Bold may act
______________________________________
Naur, Bauble (19 damage)
Skeletons
Eolowyn, Shel, Torvald, Vladek

Liberty's Edge

hp 68/68 Ac 21 T 15 FF 16 | Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | Fort +9 Ref+14 Will +6 (+2 vs enchantments +2 vs evil outsiders, Evasion)| Perception +15 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans, +4 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

GM, Eolowyn had also left Arrano outside

Eolowyn brings her bow up and quickly fires blunt arrows into the room.

Rapid point blank shot at Red: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 1 - 2 = 24
Blunt Damage, assuming evil: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + (1, 4) = 15

Rapid point blank shot at Red: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 1 - 2 = 34 Threat, thanks to improved critical
Blunt Damage, assuming evil: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + (6, 2) = 13

Iterative point blank shot at Red: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 11 Natural 1
Blunt Damage, assuming evil: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + (3, 1) = 15

Confirm second shot?: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 1 - 2 + 5 = 27
Additional Blunt Damage: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 + 2 = 17

I did not account for cover, as that is an AC modifier

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 9 Init +6/8 if there is a surprise round | HP75/75 | AC29, T14, FF28 +2 vs evil | Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +12, +2 vs Enchantments | CMD 26 +2 vs evil | Perception +24
Buffs:
Ext Barkskin, Magic Circle (from Ka), Ext Magic Vestment (Armour), Defending Bone (45/45), Greater Magic Weapon (Longspear)

Torvald steps into the room and lashes out with his spear.

stupid skeletons, damned damage resistance!

Spear, PA: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 2 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 6 = 18

Spear, PA: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 6 = 20


Eolowyn and Torvald each hit with a single attack, but the undead menace still stands.

Combat Round 1/2
Bold may act
______________________________________
Naur, Bauble (19 damage)
Skeletons (red: 43 damage)
Eolowyn, Shel, Torvald, Vladek

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

Swift action to enchant blade using one arcane pool for flaming burst.

+13/1d6+7+9p+1d6 Black Blade Scimitar, +2 [1d6; crit 18-20/x2; S/P) (+6[BAB] +5[dex/wpn fin] +2[enh]/1d6 +5[dex/derv dance] +2[enh] +8[prec strike])

AoO to Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 8 + (4) = 20, last 1d6 is fire damage, 8 points is precision damage

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 87/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

"When a wizard who likes tossing around fireballs says let them come to us it is wise to listen. Fortunately I prepared for suicidal allies."

Nuar will pull a selective metamagic rod and hit the skeletons with Burst of Radiance selecting out Bauble.
dmg if evil: 5d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 3, 2) + 9 = 22
Enemies make DC 22 Ref save or be blind for: 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds. Otherwise Dazzled. (-1 to hit.)

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

Bauble is not wise. However he does listen. I recommend you lecture him after the fight and explain what you wanted and why. He will definitely listen, particularly if you explain that he missed out on a fireball.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 18*, T 14, FF 16* |HP: 57*/39, Qadathra 38*/19 | F +5, R +8, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +2/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 17

Vladek boldly rushes forward and clutches the nearer skeleton. There is a sudden odor of loamy grave dirt as it begins decomposing at unnatural speed!

Healing Hex, Will DC 23 for half: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
positive energy damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 4) + 10 = 22

Much to Torvald's surprise, Qadathra hops onto his shoulder as Vladek moves past, from where he blasts the skeleton with twin bolts of starlight!

magic missile vs red, or blue if Vladek destroyed it: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 9/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 87/71 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +12 | Init +14 | Perception +22

He didn't. Nuar was hoping the party would be fighting blind skeletons in the doorway. If I started every fight with a fireball it would be a dull adventure.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 18*, T 14, FF 16* |HP: 57*/39, Qadathra 38*/19 | F +5, R +8, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +2/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 17

And even you only have so many fireballs in any case.

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel will wait to see if any undead are left. I doubt I can even scratch them, but I plan on helping flank after I see which are still standing.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 18*, T 14, FF 16* |HP: 57*/39, Qadathra 38*/19 | F +5, R +8, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +2/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 17

Your Sneak Attack will enable you to put some kind of dent in them - bear in mind you CAN Sneak Attack and get critical hits on the Undead now.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/8 | HP: 67/67 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 23/13/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F/R/W:+10/9/7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Perc+8, Acrobatics+11, DDev+6, Fly+9, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+17, Stealth+13 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (160 minutes), Heightened Awareness (10 minutes) Shield Spell

Bauble 5' steps and attempts spell combat to crisp red now that HE has a flank.

Casting intensified, empowered (using veil) Shocking Grasp defensively
Concentration: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

+13/1d6+7+8p+1d6 Black Blade Scimitar, +2 [1d6; crit 18-20/x2; S/P) (+6[BAB] +5[dex/wpn fin] +2[enh] +2[flank] -2[spell combat]/1d6 +5[dex/derv dance] +2[enh] +8[prec strike])

First attack
To Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 8 + (2) = 23

Bonus attack
To Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 8 + (6) = 25

Iterative attack
To Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 8 + (3) = 21

Bonus attack crit confirm
To Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1d10 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (2) = 11

shocking grasp damage: 8d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 3, 4, 4, 5, 3) = 33 * 1.5 = 49

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 10
Spoiler:
| AC 18*, T 14, FF 16* |HP: 57*/39, Qadathra 38*/19 | F +5, R +8, W +9 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +2/+3, Perc +19/+8 |CMB +5 CMD 17

Ah, yes, of course. Add +2 to my attack roll above (although it's almost certainly not necessary).

101 to 150 of 174 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Echoes of the Everwar, gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.