Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Skipper's Echoes of the Everwar series

Game Master SkipperD

Buff overview
Maps


1 to 50 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Six weeks ago, you were roused from your quarters in the Sothis Pathfinder Lodge in Osirion and ordered to travel far to the north into the decidedly unfriendly Hold of Belkzen. Venture-Captain Norden Balentiir gave you two missions: first, to uncover the whereabouts of a Pathfinder delver named Heralt who was last seen working out of a hidden Chelish fort called Skull Hill, and second, to investigate claims in a long-ago published volume of the Pathfinder Chronicles that a lost tomb rests beneath the fort’s timber tower—a tomb that holds the body of Akila, a legendary Osirian sorceress and her magic ring that was said to have brought death to Skull Hill the day Akila was laid to rest.

After weeks aboard a smelly Katapeshi galley crossing the Inner Sea, winding up the Sellen River, bravely traversing stormy Lake Encarthan, slipping up The Path, and finally docking in Vigil, you and your companions then crossed the Belkzen frontier into a region the orcs call the Skittering Mounds, carefully avoiding orcish patrols. Now you stand atop a ridge overlooking a low river valley and stare down at the fort called Skull Hill.

While stopping in at the Grand Lodge on the way:

Knowledge (History) DC 10:
Akila was an Osirian sorceress who died somewhere in the Chelish frontier during the Everwar.

Knowledge (History) DC 15:
Akila was the mistress of Skull Hill during the Everwar and used the fort to build a mercenary army that she sold to whoever paid the most—she was not loyal to Cheliax and spoke often of her patron in Sothis. One day she dropped dead of seemingly nothing and as she was laid to rest, the magic ring she always wore on her left hand emitted a horrifying necromantic energy that nearly killed everyone in the fort.

Knowledge (History) DC 25:
Akila was buried in caverns deep beneath Skull Hill’s timber tower lest someone find her ring and figure out how to activate its power. A Pathfinder once resided in Skull Hill a hundred or so years ago and reported Akila’s cavern as a rumor in one of his reports back to Absalom.

Once in Vigil:
Heralt:

Diplomacy DC 10:
Heralt is a Pathf inder delver, known for his many explorations of regions that don’t look favorably on Pathfinders—regions such as the Hold of Belkzen, Druma, and the Lands of the Linnorm Kings. He was last seen in Vigil, preparing to travel to the incredibly dangerous region of Belkzen called the Skittering Mounds.

Diplomacy DC 15:
Heralt was traveling to the Skittering Mounds to seek out a hidden Chelish fort called Skull Hill. He was said to be posing as an explorer from a minor noble house of Cheliax, and was there seeking a lost tomb for the Pathfinder Society.

Diplomacy DC 25:
Heralt’s last report from Skull Hill was that he’d confirmed the existence of the tomb of the famed Osirian sorceress Akila, but that access to it was blocked and it was going to take some time to get inside. He promised to report again in a week and it’s been months since he was last heard from.

Skull Hill:

Diplomacy DC 10:
Skull Hill was a strategic Chelish fort in modern daycBelkzen that the nation of Cheliax used for mercenary recruitment and weapons trading during the Everwar. It was destroyed when Cheliax ceded those lands to Belkzen.

Diplomacy DC 15:
Skull Hill still exists. The Chelish government has kept it secret for centuries and they use the hidden fort to keep tabs on the Belkzen orc tribes.

Diplomacy DC 25:
Skull Hill is part of a complex spy network that Cheliax uses to keep tabs on Belkzen, Lastwall, Varisia, Nidal, and Nirmathas. No one has heard anything from Skull Hill in months.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 10 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP 83/83 | AC26, T11, FF25 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +13 | CMD 24 | Perception +26
Temp Buffs:
Def Bone 45/45

A tall powerfully built half-elf in well worn and travel stained plate mail joins the party in Absalom. Outside can be heard a raucous squawking noise as of a large and agitated bird, sigh, not again.... He leans out of the window to see a small group of pathfinders trying to herd an enormous Roc back into the stables, Ka, put that initiate down! You don't know where he has been. Chuck him a rabbit and he will be fine.

Meeting up with the party before they set out he introduces himself, Greetings friends, I am Torvald Gallonica, a priest in the service of Erastil and the noise you can hear outside is my companion Ka. I trust we will manage well enough venturing into the OrcHold

History: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Torvald will cast page-bound epiphany for this check, swopping it out during the travel time to a different spell

You should know that while I am in service to Erastil I have little skill in the healing arts. I can certainly activate any wand you might require but should we get into a fight, which seems utterly predictable given where we are going, I would not rely on me to keep you in the fray.

As we make our way towards Belkzen Torvald will keep an aerial lookout from well above the group. As we enter Belkzen he will keep a much lower profile to avoid drawing attention to the party.


N Animal Large Roc | HP67/67 | AC32 | T14 | FF27 | Fort +10 | Reflex +11 Evasion | Will +6, +4 versus Enchantments and Fear | CMD 29 | Init +5 | Perception +1
Temp buffs:
Defending Bone 50/50

SQUAAAAAAAAWK

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Diplomacy Heralt 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
Diplomacy Skull Hill 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34

Great, a priest who doesn't heal! Why not stick me with another barbarian and an extra healing wand then? That'd be same difference,the serious looking halfling thinks to herself upon her first introduction.

"Well, I'm the Baroness, Shel Whispertongue. You can call me Shel during the mission. You've probably read about some of my discoveries for the Society. I'm soon to receive a promotion, if you believe the rumors. I can do a bit of everything, except for those untrustworthy spell jinxes. I'd much rather have a lockpick or my kukri in hand. Settles things quick and easy, that way. You able to keep that beast under control? I always hear you never want to work with children or animals...and I don't see any kids in these parts."

Once she made introductions to the rest of the group, she delved into the topic. She spoke with a contact about Heralt, and found a couple nuggets about him. "Rumors are, he was last in Vigil, heading toward the Skittering Mounds in Belkzen. He was looking for Skull Hill under an assumed identity of a minor Chelish noble. He was looking for the lost tomb, alright."

When the topic turned to Skull Hill, she had even more knowledge. "This Chelish fort was destroyed when Belkzen took the place. They used it mostly during the Everwar for trading and recruiting. That's the story out to the public, but really, the place is still standing and being used by the Chels. It's part of their spy network to keep track on everyone in the area. It's been really quiet for weeks though. That's not promising."

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 78/78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

You see a homely elf in pure white pants made of a light material and no shirt. His body is covered in tattoos depicting the forces of evil being destroyed by the elements. Some of the tattoos are marred by scar tissue.

"I am Nuar Vala. I bring the cleansing flame to evil. Or cleansing other elements for those who are immune to fire. If we are traveling to Cheliax a Holy weapon could be of use. Thanks to my contacts in Mendev I can requisition one of needed."

If anyone speaks Elvish they will recognize that Nuar Vala isn't a name, It is Elvish for Fire-Power.

Kn History with a little help from his friend Janira: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 1 = 24

"Akila was an Osirian sorceress who died somewhere in the Chelish frontier during the Everwar. She was the mistress of Skull Hill during the Everwar and used the fort to build a mercenary army that she sold to whoever paid the most—she was not loyal to Cheliax and spoke often of her patron in Sothis. One day she dropped dead of seemingly nothing and as she was laid to rest, the magic ring she always wore on her left hand emitted a horrifying necromantic energy that nearly killed everyone in the fort."

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 11
Spoiler:
| AC 15, T 15, FF 12 |HP: 64/64| F +6, R +9, W +10 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +3, Perc +20 |CMB +6 CMD 19

In walks another Elf, this one rather better-dressed and not at all homely, albeit quite thin and...simply disturbing to look at for long, somehow. Some of his motions seem to trail after-images. Sitting on his shoulder is a cat-sized dragon, the color of a moonless night, with a long, faintly scorpion-like tail.

Automatic full success on Knowledge (History).

"You forgot to mention that Akila was, in fact, buried in caverns deep beneath Skull Hill’s timber tower, primarily to keep her ring hidden from inept, power-hungry fools...as well as from talented, power-hungry fools like us. And wouldn't you know it, about 100 years ago, someone from the Society spent some time in Skull Hill and reported back to Absalom that he'd found Akila’s final resting place."

aid Qadathra's Diplomacy, guidance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Qadathra's Diplomacy vis-a-vis Heralt, guidance, Fortune: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Qadathra's Diplomacy vis-a-vis Heralt, guidance, Fortune: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

I tried my best to smile and be tactful while asking about Mr. Heralt, Echoes a strange, pleasant voice in your heads that you realize after a moment is coming from the little dragon. But everyone we met turned out to be in so much of a hurry to be somewhere else that they barely had time for a couple basic question before running off. Is there a carnival in town right now, perhaps?

Liberty's Edge

hp 76/76 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | F+10 R+15 W+6 (+2 vs enchantments +3 vs evil outsiders, evasion)| Perception +16 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans&undead, +6 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

And then a elven woman walks in. Outside you hear "NOOO, NOT ANOTHER ROC!"

The woman is dressed in a mithril chainshirt and has an elven blade on her back. On her hip is a quiver.

"Good day, I am Eolowyn." she pulls a bow from her quiver, careful not to damage the leafs growing from it. "A holy weapon you said? I have just the thing here. I have just returned from the world wound."

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 80/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (170 minutes), Lucky Number 8, Shocking Grasp (held)

Character sheet will be updated within a day or so,
probably tonight. I'm working off of a paper copy for now.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Bauble wanders into the meeting, looking for some food to wolf down. Bauble is a small man with a large head and ears... and pointy filed teeth. His face is hidden behind a disturbing metallic veil. (A special item picked up as a boon called an acrimony veil).

"HI EVERYONE." He fairly screeches. If rumor has it right, the poor fellow is a human that was raised by goblins. He sure eats like a goblin.

Hearing Torvald he responds in goblinesque fashion

"Bauble pound and Bauble smack
All are safe behind small back.
Black Lord by his trusty side,
carve up baddies no can hide!"

He announces this with a flourish of his black scimitar.

Note to GM: The weapon is a black blade and is intelligent. It cannot speak and is too weak to control Bauble, but if you wish to interject thoughts or actions on its behalf please do. For the most part I will be role-playing it via italics as it can communicate with Bauble telepathically.


It looks like we're all here, so I'll get the ball rolling.

From atop the ridge, you can see the entirety of the fort, a motte-and-bailey resting on the shores of a small, shallow waterway called the Skittering River. The front gates to both the motte and the bailey appear smashed in, there are scorch marks all along the palisade, and there are three craters—two in the bailey and one at the base of the timber tower atop the motte. There appears to be no sign of movement from the ridge, though you can see a thin wisp of smoke rising from the timber tower’s chimney.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 11
Spoiler:
| AC 15, T 15, FF 12 |HP: 64/64| F +6, R +9, W +10 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +3, Perc +20 |CMB +6 CMD 19

Are we setting out the same day we gathered information and became introduced? I kind of hope I didn't blow Qadathra's daily Fortune Hex on that Diplomacy roll.


It's a 100 mile journey from Vigil to Skull Hill, so you start well-rested and with all spells and abilities.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 10 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP 83/83 | AC26, T11, FF25 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +13 | CMD 24 | Perception +26
Temp Buffs:
Def Bone 45/45

Torvald will hunker down on the ridge and scan what he can see of the fort. He is looking for any signs of life from the area beyond the thin wisp of smoke rising from the tower.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27

Before they head towards the gates he will cast a couple of spells, invoking Erastil's name.

Torvald casts Barkskin on himself and Magic Circle vs Evil on Ka


N Animal Large Roc | HP67/67 | AC32 | T14 | FF27 | Fort +10 | Reflex +11 Evasion | Will +6, +4 versus Enchantments and Fear | CMD 29 | Init +5 | Perception +1
Temp buffs:
Defending Bone 50/50

Ka hunkers down next to the hill. He glares over towards Arrano, he has had little experience with others of his kind. He stretches, raising himself up to his full height, puffs out his chest feathers and flaps his wings at his rival.

Noticing, Torvald pulls on his halter, easy boy, no need to get jealous...

The master makes strange noises and then Ka feels a calming warmth spread over him and he settles down.

Stat block updated with buffs

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

"If you'd like, I can scout out the trip down to be sure it's safe for the rest of you. Then, once we get to the fort safely, we can head in from there," Shel suggests as she looks at the scene in front of her.

Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 78/78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

A few buffs before we begin.
Life Bubble 2 hours on Ka and Torvald, 3 hours on everyone else.
False Life: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 on myself.
Mage Armor on myself.

"Jumping would be faster. Feather Fall is a versatile spell."

Nuar looks for an ideal place to jump down.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 80/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (170 minutes), Lucky Number 8, Shocking Grasp (held)

"Bauble like to fly. Bauble jump, you make bauble float, yes?"

Bauble obviously interpreted Naur's statement as an offer to cast feather fall on him and he prepares to jump.


The slope down in the direction of the fort is easily traversable. It's more of a elongated hill than a cliff.

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 78/78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

Oh. Well then we just look for a safe path down.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 80/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (170 minutes), Lucky Number 8, Shocking Grasp (held)

Bauble is sorely disappointed when he catches up and sees that there is no cliff. Giving Naur an offended look he leads the way down the slope.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 10 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP 83/83 | AC26, T11, FF25 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +13 | CMD 24 | Perception +26
Temp Buffs:
Def Bone 45/45

Torvald will mount up and direct Ka down the hill, keeping low to avoid drawing too much attention.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 80/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (170 minutes), Lucky Number 8, Shocking Grasp (held)

Bauble is extremely envious and is giving the airborne duo more attention than the fort, rubber-necking as he makes his descent.

Liberty's Edge

hp 76/76 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | F+10 R+15 W+6 (+2 vs enchantments +3 vs evil outsiders, evasion)| Perception +16 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans&undead, +6 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

Arrano and Eolowyn follow Torvald and Ka. Eolowyn has her bow in hand.

I see I need to update profile, will be done later today. I have done the leveling, just have not played Eolowyn online for a bit.


Torvald's keen eyes see no apparent dangers, and you all safely reach the foot of the ridge. Ahead, Skull Hill’s double gate lies open, one half broken off its hinges. A small watchtower sits above the gate, forming a short ten foot tunnel as one enters the bailey—scorch marks mar the gate and the tower. The drawbridge is down and appears to be in good condition.

I've added the map and a blank spreadsheet for buffs at the top of the page. Do note that not only is the map big, but it's also drawn with 10 ft. squares.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 80/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (170 minutes), Lucky Number 8, Shocking Grasp (held)

Bauble casts Keen Edge at this point with the lesser metamagic rod of extend spell.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 10 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP 83/83 | AC26, T11, FF25 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +13 | CMD 24 | Perception +26
Temp Buffs:
Def Bone 45/45

Noticing the broken gate and scorch marks, likely indication of trouble being afoot, Toravld and Ka will fly over to the palisade wall. They keep low to avoid too much attention and Torvald pulls Ka up, hovering over the moat just below the lip of the wall. Rising up in his stirrups Torvald takes a careful look over the wall to see what lies beyond.

Taking 10 on Perception for 34
I have updated the buff list

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 78/78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

"We should use Message to communicate."

Nuar will move forward and up a bit. Currently 10ft off the ground. He'll also look around as he moves.
Perception including light sensitivity: 1d20 + 22 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 22 - 1 = 38


From the edge of the palisade, Torvald can see the devastation wrought upon Skull Hill. Scattered about the bailey are the signs of battle; dried blood smears, broken arms and armor and damage to the log houses. Oddly enough, there are no corpses. The craters in the eastern half of the bailey seem deep, but it's hard to gauge how deep they are from afar. A cloud of flies hover over what looks like an livestock pen in the northwestern corner of the bailey.

From outside, Naur sees that the entire gatehouse is rigged to collapse on whichever unlucky soul where to walk through it.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 10 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP 83/83 | AC26, T11, FF25 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +13 | CMD 24 | Perception +26
Temp Buffs:
Def Bone 45/45

Whispering through the message spell Torvald relays what he see's, It's carnage in there, looks like some sort of pitched battle but no bodies. Loads of flies over in the northwest, looks like an animal pen, whoever did this were right bastards.

Logan scans the devastation looking for something that might give an idea of what caused this, tracks, discarded weapons or bits of armour, a battle standard, anything at all.

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel decides to lead the group on the ground, carefully proceeding, checking for traps as she did so.

Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 +4 vs traps.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 80/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (170 minutes), Lucky Number 8, Shocking Grasp (held)

Babule cast Heightened Awareness on himself from a wand (init +4, perception +2) as he starts to advance slightly behind shel. He is also keeping an eye out for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Torvald can't spot any clues as to where the fort's occupants or attackers are, though his eyes are drawn to small, two-story inn sitting beside the main road that runs north-south through the bailey. All of the windows on the second floor are broken, their tattered curtains blowing through the openings. The windows on the first floor are intact, but it appears that someone nailed boards over the inside of those windows. The front door appears to have once been smashed off its hinges and then shoddily replaced. There are scorch marks and blood smears on the front porch of the inn. A sign swings on one broken chain in the wind—on it is an enormous human smile full of cartoonish teeth. Beneath the teeth it reads, “The Grinning Inn.”

As Shel moves closer, she also notices the trap in the gatehouse, though Bauble finds nothing amiss.

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 10 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP 83/83 | AC26, T11, FF25 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +13 | CMD 24 | Perception +26
Temp Buffs:
Def Bone 45/45

Again through the message spell, it looks like there might be some survivors, there's an inn, all boarded up, we should check it out...

With that Torvald directs Ka to fly over the palisade and land on the top of a nearby building, assuming it looks like it can support their weight, so they can get a better view

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

"The gatehouse is trapped. It'll fall in on who ever goes by it. Can one of you fliers pick me up and get me on the inside? I could probably bypass the trap, but if I fail, everyone in the place will hear us."

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 78/78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

"Let them hear us. Announce that we are friendly so that any survivors don't panic. If hostiles are around after all this time then I hope they show themselves, I want answers"

Nuar will move near the upper edge of the wall.

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 11
Spoiler:
| AC 15, T 15, FF 12 |HP: 64/64| F +6, R +9, W +10 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +3, Perc +20 |CMB +6 CMD 19

I cast mage armor on myself AND on Ka, as well as:

false life on Qadathra: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

greater false life on myself: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5) + 10 = 18

lucky number on myself: 1d20 ⇒ 7

and lucky number on Shel: 1d20 ⇒ 1


GM Secrets:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

As Ka lands on the building, Torvald hears the scraping of wood on wood and moments thereafter the inn's door flings outwards and two crazed orcs burst out waving weapons and bellowing in their harsh tongue.

Orcish:
“You did this! You did this! YOU DID THIS!”

Initiative:
Bauble: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Eolowyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Naur: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Shel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Torvald: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Vladek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Combat Round 1
Bold may act
______________________________________
Bauble, Eolowyn, Naur, Shel, Torvald
Orcs
Vladek

There's line of sight through the gatehouse but not the palisade.

Liberty's Edge

hp 76/76 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | F+10 R+15 W+6 (+2 vs enchantments +3 vs evil outsiders, evasion)| Perception +16 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans&undead, +6 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

GM, I have moved Arrano and Eolowyn a bit closer, they would also be looking over the palisade (while flying). Also profile is up to date now.

"What are they saying?" Eolowyn readies her bow, but does not shoot (yet).

Waiting for the others to see what they do

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 10 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP 83/83 | AC26, T11, FF25 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +13 | CMD 24 | Perception +26
Temp Buffs:
Def Bone 45/45

Torvald speaks many languages, but orcish is not one of them.

You have destroyed this settlement, you crimes will not go unpunished!

With that he flicks Ka's reins and the two of them leap into the air swopping down on the enemy. Torvald reigns Ka in flying above the orcs, out of their reach but well within the reach of his spear!

Longspear, Mounted, PA: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 1 - 2 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 78/78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

"Stop! They think we did this. They may be the victims."

kn Local: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22 I mostly want to know Hit Dice if possible.

In Orcish:
"No! We just got here. Lay down your weapons. We want answers not violence."

Nuar pull out his rod of merciful metamagic then floats 5ft closer. He will ready an action to cast if they continue hostilities.

If they are low hit dice:
Merciful Burst of Radiance trying to hit them both 10ft radius burst. DC 23 Reflex save or be Blind for: 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds. If they make the save they are dazzled for that long. If they are evil they take Good, Light dmg: 5d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 4, 1) + 9 = 21 non-lethal. Obviously if I can't avoid my allies I won't cast.

If they are high hit dice 5+:
Merciful Empowered, Intensified Fireball converted to cold to avoid fires. non lethal cold dmg DC 24 to save for half: 12d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 3, 5, 2, 4, 3, 4, 4, 2, 1) = 43 43 +50% = 64 +20 from Orc bloodline and School = 84 dmg. Obviously if I can't avoid my allies I won't cast.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 80/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (170 minutes), Lucky Number 8, Shocking Grasp (held)

So the gatehouse is still trapped, right?"
Note: Bauble's init was at +11 because of the heightened awareness; see post Tuesday at 4:50 and my tag line.

Bauble screams out,

Orcish:
"Let BAUBLE be you new Lord. Bauble have castle and everything!"

diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

He casts shield on himself from his spring loaded wand and moves forward a bit.

Liberty's Edge

hp 76/76 Ac 24 T 15 FF 19 (incl +3 from Barkskin)| Init +9 (+4 in forest / +2 underground) | F+10 R+15 W+6 (+2 vs enchantments +3 vs evil outsiders, evasion)| Perception +16 (+4 in forest, +2 underground, +2 vs humans&undead, +6 vs evil outsiders) | Reroll 1/1

Eolowyn nocks a blunt arrow, she is ready to shoot to stun them if they do anything hostile.

Readied Blunt arrow, deadly aim: 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 16 - 4 - 3 = 11
Nonlethal damage: 1d8 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 6 = 15
Additional damage if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9


Torvald swoops down and pierces one of the orcs, who barely seems to notice the wound.

@Naur: They're orcs, so they only have HD from their classes. They have ferocity, darkvision and light sensitivity (currently applied).
Which of your readied actions will you go with?

@Bauble: Yep, the gatehouse is still a hazard. Remember that Heightened Awareness ends if you take the initiative bonus, but you're before the orcs anyway.

The orcs aren't swayed by neither Naur's call for a ceasefire nor Bauble's business proposition.

Combat Round 1
Bold may act
______________________________________
Bauble, Eolowyn (readying), Naur (readying), Shel, Torvald
Orcs (blue: 20 damage)
Vladek

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 78/78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

Burst of Radiance for now. The first option.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 80/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (170 minutes), Lucky Number 8, Shocking Grasp (held)
GM Skipper wrote:
@Bauble: Yep, the gatehouse is still a hazard. Remember that Heightened Awareness ends if you take the initiative bonus, but you're before the orcs anyway.

I will always sac the HA spell for init. It's the main reason I have him cast it. I know that it did not matter in this case, but I want it established for the future and I'm going to cancel the spell as if he used it because he would have.

Sovereign Court

Ranger 2, Rogue 8 | HP 73/73 | AC 27, 19 touch/22 flatfooted | Sneak Attack +4d6 | Resiliency 1/day F+10, R+18, W+9 (1/day can reroll Will save)| Init. +9 | Perc +16/20* | Evasion | Trap Sense +4 | Improved Uncanny Dodge

Shel will take a double move and close distance with the orcs, assuming someone got her past the gatehouse. If not, she will try to remove the trap.

Disable device, if necessary 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (10) + 24 = 34

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13(17) | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: 78/78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12| Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

I can't lift you and I don't think the Roc can carry 2 people.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/9 | HP: 80/84 | AC/Tch/FF: 23/15/18 | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 | F:+11, R:+10, W:+7 | Init: +7 | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+6, Fly+10, Kn Arcana+10, Kn Dung+10, Kn Geog+10, Kn Planes+10, Perc+10, Ride+9, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+18, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: Keen Edge (170 minutes), Lucky Number 8, Shocking Grasp (held)

Don't worry about Babule. He has a fly spell memorized so he can join you if necessary by air. He also has magic missiles if he wants to stay at range.


Shel gets to work securing the gatehouse. 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

The orcs show no intent of stopping the fight, so Naur casts his spell and Eolowyn fires an arrow.

Reflex, red: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Reflex, blue: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Eolowyn's shot goes wide, and Naur only manages to blind one orc.

The non-blind orc steps away from Torvald and Ka, draws a javelin and throws it with impressive force at the cleric.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Both orcs keep hurling the same accusation at you over and over again.

Combat Round 1/2
Bold may act
______________________________________
Bauble, Eolowyn, Naur, Shel, Torvald
Orcs (blue: 20 damage + 21 NL, red: 21 NL + blind 3/3)
Vladek

Scarab Sages

male Elf Witch 11
Spoiler:
| AC 15, T 15, FF 12 |HP: 64/64| F +6, R +9, W +10 (+2 vs Enchantment/gaze, +1 vs Transmutation/fear/confusion/death/writing-based) | Init +3, Perc +20 |CMB +6 CMD 19

Vladek levels his bow against the enemy...

+1 Longbow vs blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

...while Qadathra blasts them with a binary maelstrom of starlight!

magic missile vs blue: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

The Exchange

LN Half Ef Cleric 10 Init +2/4 if there is a surprise round | HP 83/83 | AC26, T11, FF25 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +13 | CMD 24 | Perception +26
Temp Buffs:
Def Bone 45/45

With a flick of the reins Torvald directs Ka forward.

Surrender and confess to your crimes and you will receive a clean death!

Torvald strikes out at the blue orc.

Spear, PA, Mounted: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 2 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 6 = 25

Spear, PA, Mounted: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 6 = 18

1 to 50 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Echoes of the Everwar, gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.