Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

[PFS] GM Skipper's #6-10 The Wounded Wisp (Inactive)

Game Master SkipperD

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Open for dotting.

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

Dot

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

A young man dressed in black and blue monks robes enters into the room. He has a pair of tonfa at his sides, he looks around before finding a seat in the corner, ordering a mug of beer and a some beef stew.

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

Do we have time to go shopping before we start? This might also be a dumb question but are tonfa made out of wood or metal?

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 CMD 16 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0(4) | Init +5 | Perc +2(4) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/1 | Bardic Performance Rounds 6/6

.


@Gray Son: You can shop all you want.

Dark Archive

Half-orc PFS #241518-1 Fighter (1) | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 12/12 | F 4 + R 1 + W 0 + | Init + 1 | Perc -1

dot

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1
GM Skipper wrote:
@Gray Son: You can shop all you want.

OK

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Inquisitor (Preacher) 1 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +2 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | CMD 15

Dot


You have been stationed at the Grand Lodge in Absalom, awaiting assignment for a mission of utmost importance. Things finally seemed in motion when Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng sent out a summons for available agents. Specialized in the history of Absalom, Dreng is known for putting off-duty agents to work on sundry tasks when he finds them resting within the city’s limits.

Coming to the meeting place—an odd choice of venue, as it is a street corner far from the Grand Lodge—a lone beggar garbed in baggy robes approaches. The only figure visible in the constant drizzle, the beggar sticks out his hands for currency.

“Have you any coin to spare, fine folk?”

The question hangs in the air for only a scant moment before the figure pulls back his hood to reveal the wizened face of Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng. He gives a crooked smile, soaked head to toe from his unprotected time in the rain. His clothes smell faintly of cabbage.

“Sorry about that,” he says with a wink. “I always like to play a little joke on agents when I stumble across them during my jaunts into town. Now, why did I summon you fine folk here again…?”

Dreng shakes his head from side to side, as though trying to knock water out of his ears, despite the constant downpour.

“Ah yes, the Wounded Wisp! I’m undercover now and can’t stray far from the site I’m watching, but I need someone to retrieve a package for me from that fine establishment. It’s among Absalom’s most storied taverns, you see, and one that holds a special place of privilege in the Society’s lore as the place where the organization began. Well, I could drone on and on about it, but standing out in the rain is doing none of us any favors.”

As if anticipating agreement, the bedraggled venture-captain produces a small slip of folded paper from one of his many stitched pockets. Dreng quickly shows a glimpse of the page’s contents: a map detailing the location of the Wounded Wisp bar.

“The bartender is a woman by the name of Heryn Gale, a fine lady who came to own the Wisp after the passing of her father from—oh, bah, it’s really getting too cold for me to give a proper history lesson! If you could just go to the Wisp, and tell Heryn you’re there to pick up my parcel, it would be most appreciated. I’ll be around here for several more hours at least.”

Knowledge (history) DC 10:
The Wounded Wisp was a bar once frequented by the original members of the Pathfinder Society before the Society was even formed. Inside the Wisp, acquaintances would share stories about their adventurous exploits with one another.

Knowledge (history) DC 15:
Many volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles came together under the Wisp’s roof. Famous Pathfinders like Eando Kline and the Seeker Osprey often stopped by for a drink while they relaxed in Absalom between assignments. Though not officially affiliated with the Society, the bar maintains good relations with Pathfinders, offering discounts and prompt service. The owners have always kept themselves and the Wisp afloat through the generosity of Society agents who spend coin at the establishment.

Knowledge (history) DC 20:
Selmius Foster was one of the founding members of the Pathfinder Society, known to have frequented the Wisp often and occasionally taken up residence in a spare room between his travels. His celebrated exploits first appeared in Volume 1 of the Pathfinder Chronicles.

Knowledge (history) DC 25:
Following the death of Selmius Foster on the island of Bhopan, his assistant Adolphus made several donations to maintain one of his mentor’s favorite sites. The exact arrangement between Adolphus and the owners of the Wisp was never disclosed, but it is said that some of this gold came from the same fortune that Adolphus used to found the Pathfinder lodge in Quantium.

Dark Archive

Half-orc PFS #241518-1 Fighter (1) | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 12/12 | F 4 + R 1 + W 0 + | Init + 1 | Perc -1

Hakak glances at the map. I don't recognise the tavern he thought, but a few jars and a warm fire would be an improvement on this weather . Fine! grumbled Hakak and turned to the strangers stood beside him, Assuming that one of you knows how to get here and with haste? This weather is not helping my mood..

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

Harak, gruffness in this case, is not necessary, save it for any enemies we might encounter. says the monk as he pats the half-orc on the back,

Grand Lodge

Jinin Elf Arcanist (Occultist) L1 | HP: 8/8 | AC:14 T:13 FF:11 | CMB:-2 CMD:11 | Saves F:1 R:3 W:2 | Init:+3 | Per:+7 | Spd: 30 | Reroll 1/1 | Spell Slots: L1 4/4 | Arcane Reservoir: 0/4 | Consume Spell : 1/1 | Conditions:

Takumi still need to complete some purchases but will start posting first.

Standing before you is an elf, standing lithe and tall. Takumi is dressed in long orange-brown flowing robes that some of you may recognise as the kimono of the distant Minkai. He seems to carry little with him, although what they might be is covered by the cloak and hood that is drawn tightly to ward off the rain.

Takumi tugs at his hood and cloak, attempting unsuccessfully to shelter himself better from the incessant rain. Sighing deeply, as if grievously inconvenienced, he nonetheless gives a gracious bow to the captain.

In a somewhat monotonous voice with a faint Tian accent, he asks, "I apologise for the need to seek further clarification, but I am not incorrect in my understanding that our ... assignment is to collect this package from this ... establishment on your behalf?" Much as he attempts to manage this, he lets out another deep sigh.

Guildmaster, what a task you have laid on me in sending me to these strange lands of the west. Your prized artisan reduced to an errand boy.

Nonetheless, Hakumi turns stoically to the Hakak and Gray Son, and again gives them each a gracious bow. "I am ashamed to admit that I know little of this city of Absalom, only having arrived three days ago. Since then, my time has been largely spent in the Grand Lodge, getting acquainted with this ... Pathfinder Society?" he ends uncertainly.

Continuing on nonetheless, he states, "But since it seems the group of us has been tossed together by fate for this task, however simple it may be, I would be honoured to make your acquaintance." Giving yet another bow, Takumi continues, "This humble servant is Takumi Kamizo, from Ayajinbo, the capital of Jinin. I understand that not many in the west is familiar with our elven nation of Tian. That is not surprising as we keep largely to ourselves except for our export of mithral. Our nation nurtures artisans of the most masterful crafts. I myself come from the guild of paper sculptors, although I am still just a lowly apprentice. I would gladly share with you some of my work, although perhaps when we find our way out of this incessant rain." Then almost as an after thought, he adds, "Ah, again it seems my wandering mind has left my introduction incomplete. I also dabble in the magical arts, much like many in my family. I specialise specifically in the art of summoning and conjuration." He ends off with yet another bow.

Dark Archive

Half-orc PFS #241518-1 Fighter (1) | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 12/12 | F 4 + R 1 + W 0 + | Init + 1 | Perc -1

Your lack of knowledge of Absalom is in good company Hakak said, surveying the Elf. Hakak had looked down on many in his time, but this Elf seemed taller than most, and his graceful stature seemed to bely a hidden strength. My name is Hakak, half-human, as opposed to half-orc. It's a long story. Hakak motioned to the Falchion strapped across his taut back. I've never crafted paper, but I've crafted many a goblin into two with this. Perhaps I might show you in exchange for a lesson in the art of paper sculpting should we find the time .

Hakak turned to the Monk who had patted him on the back. Hakak sensed goodness and purpose in him. Come, let us collect this package and share an ale before we go our separate ways


Dreng gives Takumi a smile that does nothing to hide the sorry state of his teeth.

“Before you judge, despite my current attire, I’m still a man of taste. The parcel is actually a special vintage of wine from the cellar of the Wounded Wisp. I’ve been sampling their finer wines in descending order of bottling. I dare not disappear from my current role in this district, but I also would appreciate some comfort items. After all, I doubt anyone would judge a supposed beggar sipping from a bottle of wine.”

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 CMD 16 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0(4) | Init +5 | Perc +2(4) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/1 | Bardic Performance Rounds 6/6

Penthesilea is delighted with Dreng's reveal. Brilliant! Now be honest. Is the disguise actually helpful for whatever you're doing, or is on-the-job panhandling the way the Society actually gets funded?

Penthesilea is almost constantly in motion, partially 'cause she's shivering a bit in this rain. I am not dressed for Absalom.

That said, she has carefully wrapped her longbow in oilcloth, so it appears she had some idea of where in the world she woke up today.

So Drandle, how time sensitive is this parcel? From what I've heard the Wisp serves quite a pint!

She pauses as she thinks on Hakak and Takumi's introduction.

How likely is it that we'll be fighting goblins made out of paper? A girl likes to be prepared.

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

Who knows, this might just be a simple errand to run and we might not need to exercise any force. remarks the monk.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 CMD 16 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0(4) | Init +5 | Perc +2(4) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/1 | Bardic Performance Rounds 6/6

Who said anything about force? I think that fire would be much better for fighting paper goblins.


Dreng waggles his eyebrows conspiratorially at Penthesilea.

“Sometimes you need more than magic to remain unseen. This disguise serves its purpose and lets me pry secrets from loose lips better than any magical enchantment. Right now, I’m following up on a group operating out of this district that I believe to be associated with the Onyx Alliance… it’s a bit of a long story, but sufficed to say, this disguise is quite important to my investigation.
On that note, the weather is chilling me to my bones, so it would be nice if you fetched the parcel somewhat quickly, so I have something to keep me warm.”

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

We should be off states the monk.

Dark Archive

Half-orc PFS #241518-1 Fighter (1) | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 12/12 | F 4 + R 1 + W 0 + | Init + 1 | Perc -1

Agreed said Hakak I shall follow you to the Wounded Wisp

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Inquisitor (Preacher) 1 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +2 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | CMD 15

"Yes, let us get Drandle his drink."


Following Drandle Dreng's hastily sketched map, you find the Wounded Wisp with ease.

The smell of smoke and spilled ale assails the senses in this wide-open area. Walls of dark-stained wood make up the sides of the Wounded Wisp, while well-used wooden tables are spread throughout the space. A raised area in the back of the establishment houses several additional tables and eating areas for groups seeking more than just a good drink. An austere bar supported by kegs instead of wooden panels commands the northern end of the room. A stained-glass cabinet stands behind the bar, its dark panes cracked in several spots, yet not so opaque as to conceal the several dozen types of hard liquor within.

A middle-aged woman wearing an apron and with laugh lines on her face works the bar, and several patrons are spread out through the room.

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

The monk inquires of the barkeep if she knows anything about Drandle's drink. With a smile he ask hello there my lady. We were sent by Drandle to get a bottle for him, Do you happen to know where we might find it?

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 CMD 16 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0(4) | Init +5 | Perc +2(4) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/1 | Bardic Performance Rounds 6/6

He also said that we should go ahead and get a round or two on his tab as a reward for being such good Pathfinders.

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Dark Archive

Half-orc PFS #241518-1 Fighter (1) | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 12/12 | F 4 + R 1 + W 0 + | Init + 1 | Perc -1

Hakak squeezes his frame onto one of the upturned beer barrels acting as a stool. Like my Monkish friend says, we are here for a purpose but let's have a round of ales on Dreng's tab and don't wait for the first one to be empty before the second is poured!


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

The barkeeper gives you a warm smile.

"Ah, yes Drandle's latest vintage. I'll take you down to the wine cellar in a jiff, I just need someone to take over for me at the bar. Go ahead and mingle with the other Pathfinder's and enjoy the doddering old fool's complementary drinks, and I'll be with you shortly."

Looking around the tavern's main room, you see several persons of interest.

A energitic and cheerful female halfling is recounting the tale of the Society's founder Durvin Gest and the fabled Lens of Galundari to a group of neophytes.
(Characters who have played #5-08 The Confirmation recognize her)

Furthest from the bar sits a middle-aged Kelish man with and intricate Wayfinder emblazoned with the holy symbol of Sarenrae hanging from his belt. He watches the halfling's enthusiastic tale with a faint smile on his lips.

Decidedly closer to the bar are two half-orcs, clearly brother and sister, who are locked in what might be the most recent of countless arm wrestling matches.

Lastly, an older, bespectacled gentleman sits in a quiet corner and enjoys a hearty meal. His ink-stained fingers and stooped posture label him as a scholar, or perhaps a wizard

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 CMD 16 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0(4) | Init +5 | Perc +2(4) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/1 | Bardic Performance Rounds 6/6

Penthesilea walks over to sidle up beside the Kelish man, and, matching his gaze at the halfling, jokes, Okay, so what's she getting wrong?

Dark Archive

Half-orc PFS #241518-1 Fighter (1) | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 12/12 | F 4 + R 1 + W 0 + | Init + 1 | Perc -1

Hakak grabs his mug of beer and walks over to his half-Orc arm-wrestling brethren. He takes.a deep draw on his beer before observing Two more of these ales and I'll be happy to wrestle you both at the same time

Grand Lodge

Jinin Elf Arcanist (Occultist) L1 | HP: 8/8 | AC:14 T:13 FF:11 | CMB:-2 CMD:11 | Saves F:1 R:3 W:2 | Init:+3 | Per:+7 | Spd: 30 | Reroll 1/1 | Spell Slots: L1 4/4 | Arcane Reservoir: 0/4 | Consume Spell : 1/1 | Conditions:

Takumi waits for his glass of Kyonin white wine before making his way over to the bespectacled man. After giving a simple bow, Takumi asks, "Would I mind if I join you? I am Takumi Kamizo, from the lands of Jinin. I am new to this part of Golarion and would be honored to make of your acquiantance."

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

The monk asks for a water and will ask the Halfling is he could join her, asking her if she remember him from his confirmation.


With removing his eyes from the halfling, Sarenite lets loose a slight chuckle.

”Oh, it’s not that she’s wrong, quite the contrary. It just warms my jaded heart to see younger Pathfinders with such enthusiasm for the Society’s history.”

The half-orcs freeze and break out in toothy smiles.

”Well, will someone give this man an ale! There’s wrastlin’ to do!”, bellows the sister.

The quiet scholar gives Takumi a befuddled look before realizing he’s being spoken to.

”Ah, yes, I’m Yargos Gill, military historian. Jinin you say…” He trails off for a moment. ”How’s the current situation with the hobgoblins of Koaling?”

Janira gives Gray Son a delighted smile and finishes her tale.

”It’s so good to see you again! Have you been on any exciting missions yet?”

Grand Lodge

Jinin Elf Arcanist (Occultist) L1 | HP: 8/8 | AC:14 T:13 FF:11 | CMB:-2 CMD:11 | Saves F:1 R:3 W:2 | Init:+3 | Per:+7 | Spd: 30 | Reroll 1/1 | Spell Slots: L1 4/4 | Arcane Reservoir: 0/4 | Consume Spell : 1/1 | Conditions:

Takumi raises an eyebrow in surprise that this human should know of his homeland. They, as ever, continue to surprise us. Nodding at Yargos in respect, Takumi replies, "Raids continue at our borders. Their leaders proclaims these the work of renegades, but it is an open secret that they are state-sponsored. Our Shogun has recently declared a reduction mithral trade to Kaolingin retaliation, and there has been much sabre-rattling back and forth since. I trust it would eventually die down. I admit, I pay little attention to the politics beyond the hearsay I pick up from tavern." Jinin ponders a while, then asks in return, "Perhaps as a historian you might enlighten me. How does a city like Absalom stuck on a small island and surrounded by all sides by powerful nations arose as a the jewel of the west?"

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

The monk shakes his head, No, but we are doing something right now for Drandle. the monk replies.

Dark Archive

Half-orc PFS #241518-1 Fighter (1) | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 12/12 | F 4 + R 1 + W 0 + | Init + 1 | Perc -1

Hakak drains his beer I must remember this place, it has a good atmosphere he thinks.


GM Skipper wrote:
With removing his eyes from the halfling, Sarenite lets loose a slight chuckle.

That was supposed to be: Without removing his eyes from the halfling, the Sarenite lets loose a slight chuckle.

Yargos nods as Takumi updates him on faraway politics.

"Well, you see, the history of Absalom is inexorably linked to that of Aroden, the dead god of humanity. It was Him who raised the Starstone, and the Isle of Kortos with it, from the bottom of the Inner Sea, and willed the city into existence. Don't be mistaken, though. Being founded by a god does not a succesful metropolis make. The pure gumption, perseverance and ingenuity of Absalom's citizens through the ages, is the key to the city's succes. Many have sought to conquer the Jewel of the Inner Sea, but the Cairnlands beyond the city walls is a fine epitaph to those ambitions..."

Janira gives Gray Son a meaningful wink.

"Nothing's ever boring when ol' Dreng himself is involved, eh?"

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 CMD 16 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0(4) | Init +5 | Perc +2(4) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/1 | Bardic Performance Rounds 6/6

Penthesilea's expression shifts suddenly to horror, Ugh! A story with no extras?!
That's not a story, that's just history!
How are people supposed to get excited - how are they supposed to learn to think about things if you just tell them how a thing happened?!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Inquisitor (Preacher) 1 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +2 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | CMD 15

Anaias goes up to Janira's table. He listens as she tells her story. Once she is done, he says in a rather quiet voice, "Greetings Janira. It is good to see you again."


The Sarenite gives Penthesilea a sardonic look.

"If 'the thing that happened' was preformed with daring, guile and ingenuity on a grand scale, then perhaps we can all learn from the re-telling of the tales. Or are you Durvin Gest himself reincarnated, since his deeds don't impress you?"

Janira beams at Anaias.

"Are you also on Dreng's important mission?"

Dark Archive

Half-orc PFS #241518-1 Fighter (1) | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 12/12 | F 4 + R 1 + W 0 + | Init + 1 | Perc -1

Hakak shouts Another ale please!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Inquisitor (Preacher) 1 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +2 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | CMD 15

"Yes, I am." He looks over his shoulder at his companions. "But it looks as though we'll be waiting a while. Who are your companions?"

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 CMD 16 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0(4) | Init +5 | Perc +2(4) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/1 | Bardic Performance Rounds 6/6

Penthesilea begins her speech in deadly earnest, but by the end is wearing a cheeky grin, as if daring the Sarenrite to continue.

All I'm saying is that if you can't think of a single embellishment to add your stamp to a story, then it doesn't matter whether or not you tell it. Especially if it's about a Big Damn Hero like Durvin Gest.

Durvin Gest was a great man, and a better explorer, but there's lots of places to learn about him, and that's good! There's no reason to trust any one person about such a big topic.

But the things she tells them, the things she skips, the things she emphasizes, the little things she adds so the story hangs together better - those are the only way you get the story of how she feels about Durvin!

Unless of course, you've talked extensively about Durvin with her, and already know all the little details of how she feels about our most famous predecessor. Then I guess paying attention to how she tells the story wouldn't matter.

I'm Penthesilea Tisiphone, the Aelyosan by the way. Could be helpful if you're telling my story some day.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

Jinin Elf Arcanist (Occultist) L1 | HP: 8/8 | AC:14 T:13 FF:11 | CMB:-2 CMD:11 | Saves F:1 R:3 W:2 | Init:+3 | Per:+7 | Spd: 30 | Reroll 1/1 | Spell Slots: L1 4/4 | Arcane Reservoir: 0/4 | Consume Spell : 1/1 | Conditions:
GM Skipper wrote:
"Well, you see, the history of Absalom is inexorably linked to that of Aroden, the dead god of humanity. It was Him who raised the Starstone, and the Isle of Kortos with it, from the bottom of the Inner Sea, and willed the city into existence. Don't be mistaken, though. Being founded by a god does not a succesful metropolis make. The pure gumption, perseverance and ingenuity of Absalom's citizens through the ages, is the key to the city's success. Many have sought to conquer the Jewel of the Inner Sea, but the Cairnlands beyond the city walls is a fine epitaph to those ambitions..."

Although initially fascinated by the lesson, Yargos' droning voice can put the most attentive student to sleep, and Takumi, despite having the patience of the long-lived elves, was never the best of students and finds his attention wandering.

He strains hard to keep his eyes from wandering the room, but he can tell that he is failing. What a shame that would cause! At an opportune time, before he Takumi starts to doze off, he cuts. "I apologise for disturbing a most informative lecture but since you seem such a learned man, how has the Absalom's trade grown such extensively? When I arrived a few days ago, the port was bustling, almost on par with Goka!" Now, perhaps something useful for my guildmaster.


Hakak is brought another ale to the other half-orcs' delight, while Janira jumps down from the table she was standing on.

"Oh, they're Neophytes, Anaias, just filled with eagerness to become fully fledged Pathfinders."

The Sarenite gives Penthesilea a crooked, yet admiring smile.

"I'm not much of a storyteller, but I'll surely remember you.

He reaches out to shake her hand, revealing his missing finger and the burn marks peeking out from his sleave.

"I'm Aram bin Kaleel, by the the way. If you're ever in need of advice or insights from an old dog, come by Kaleel’s Curiosities in the Coins district."

Yargos is oblivious to Takumi's faltering focus and drones on.

Ah, that is an interesting subject. Absalom favors a laissez-faire approach to taxation and regulation, which makes it an ideal port-of-call for any merchant venture in Avistan, Garund and even beyond."

Before he can delve further into the city's economic policies, the lady from behind the bar comes to fetch you.

"Right, let's go down into the wine cellar, so Dreng can reach his 'drinking on the job' quota for today. Follow me."

Dark Archive

Half-orc PFS #241518-1 Fighter (1) | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | HP 12/12 | F 4 + R 1 + W 0 + | Init + 1 | Perc -1

Typical, just as my beer arrives! He drains his mug of beer in three seconds and slams it down onto the wooden table, drawing an approving glance from his Orc brethren. Ready when you are! he bellows to the barmaid.

Liberty's Edge

nit +5; Senses Perception +7 ————— Defense ————— AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge) hp 24 (2d10+1d8+3) Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1

The monk rises. He is ready to go.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 CMD 16 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0(4) | Init +5 | Perc +2(4) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/1 | Bardic Performance Rounds 6/6

Penthesilea bids Kaleel farewell with a final quip, Don't worry Aram, I'm a Scarab Sage, I know just how much there is to learn from old things.

Well Heryn, no sense it letting Drandle sober up. To the cellar!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Inquisitor (Preacher) 1 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +2 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | CMD 15

"Well, it looks like we can continue on. It was good seeing you again." Anaias gets up and follows the rest of the party.

Grand Lodge

Jinin Elf Arcanist (Occultist) L1 | HP: 8/8 | AC:14 T:13 FF:11 | CMB:-2 CMD:11 | Saves F:1 R:3 W:2 | Init:+3 | Per:+7 | Spd: 30 | Reroll 1/1 | Spell Slots: L1 4/4 | Arcane Reservoir: 0/4 | Consume Spell : 1/1 | Conditions:

Takumi looks up at the lady and almost lets out a sigh of relief but thankfully manages to catch himself. He stands up, dust off his robes, and gives Yargos a deep bow. He may be a bore, but his knowledge is certainly to be admired. Just not by me. "Kind sir, I thank you for the wisdom and knowledge you have imparted in our short meeting. I trust that if fates are willing, our paths will cross again." Dear Fates, please not anytime soon.

Reaching into one of his pouches, Takumi withdraws a plain sheet of paper and with a few deft folds, transforms it into a paper crane. He places it on the table in front of Yargos. "A small token of my appreciation." He bows one more time before he takes his leave, immediately behind the bartender.


You are lead down to the basement which obviously was damaged during the great earthquake that raveges the city nearly 20 years ago. The barkeeper points to the far end of the room.

"The vintage Dreng requested is over there."

A map link has been added to the top of the page.

1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Skipper's #6-10 The Wounded Wisp, gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.